Will Karlovic get MD of St. Petersburg??? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will Karlovic get MD of St. Petersburg???

petar_pan
10-16-2011, 02:28 PM
He is 2-nd on alternates list, but with his current ranking he is in. So, can somebody tell me that?
Thank you.

bjurra
10-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Isn't Ivo in California at the moment? That is a bloody long trip, I can't imagine him playing next week.

ImmzB
10-16-2011, 02:38 PM
He still isn't in, his current ranking can't help him. I think he will get in the MD considering their are 2 SE but not defiant though.

LawrenceOfTennis
10-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Hopefully not.
Would be bad for tennis.

petar_pan
10-16-2011, 02:42 PM
He still isn't in, his current ranking can't help him. I think he will get in the MD considering their are 2 SE but not defiant though.

That is insane. they need to change that rule quickly. Are the SE spots intend for that situations?

Isn't Ivo in California at the moment? That is a bloody long trip, I can't imagine him playing next week.

St. Petersburg starting at 24th of October. So that is for 8 days, not next week.

bjurra
10-16-2011, 02:51 PM
St. Petersburg starting at 24th of Octobet. So that is for 8 days, not next week.

Ah mixed it up with Moscow.

If he is 2nd alt, he must have very big chances of making MD. There are almost always more than 1 withdrawals.

ImmzB
10-16-2011, 02:54 PM
that is insane. they need to change that rule quickly. Are the SE spots intend for that situations?

SE are for players who reach the SF stages in tournaments before the next scheduled tournament starts and can't play qualifiers therefore they are awarded with the SE.

petar_pan
10-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Ah mixed it up with Moscow.

If he is 2nd alt, he must have very big chances of making MD. There are almost always more than 1 withdrawals.

I know that, but I just wanted to know for same situations in the future.

SE are for players who reach the SF stages in tournaments before the next scheduled tournament starts and can't play qualifiers therefore they are awarded with the SE.

That's fair.

But they really need to change that rule.