WWW Shanghai Final: Murray - Ferrer? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WWW Shanghai Final: Murray - Ferrer?

Chris Kuerten
10-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Even I, as a Ferrer fanboy, have to say this is going to Murray in two sets under normal circumstances, 6-4 6-4 or something like that.

n8
10-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Murray going for his 3rd consecutive title and number three ranking.

4-3 to Murray in the head-to-head. 4-0 on hard.

Start da Game
10-15-2011, 02:18 PM
murray will grind this so ugly that grindking ferrer himself will runaway in disgust.....

Sham Kay
10-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Murray in 3.

Not a fan at all, but Pics does deserve a Masters in his career. Wouldn't count him out here.

GSMnadal
10-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Ferrer better start praying for death, Murray is taking this

n8
10-15-2011, 02:22 PM
This doesn't feel like #4 vs #5. The two are miles apart results wise. Murray won 6-2 6-3 just last week in Tokyo.

misty1
10-15-2011, 02:25 PM
hurray for the crappiest possible final coming to be:rolleyes:

murray in 2

delboy
10-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Muzza in 2 easy sets

MuzzahLovah
10-15-2011, 02:30 PM
The last two finals, Murray has bageled his opponent in the final set. While Ferrer is a tremendous fighter, he won the Ferrero match through a timely injury and the Roddick match because Roddick did what Roddick does. I didn't see the Flopez match, but Ferrer playing the 3rd 3setter in as many days makes this likely to be more of a blow out than last week.

StoGas
10-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Murray win in straights :yeah:

scoobs
10-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Hard to see past Andy here but if he plays like crap and Ferrer plays a great match, then David has a chance.

It's not very likely though - Andy's on the home stretch of a great Asian swing and I doubt he's going to be satisfied with anything less than defending his title.

Start da Game
10-15-2011, 02:39 PM
the more murray wins these masters and 500s, the more pressure he will be under come the time of slams......

Gullyfoyle
10-15-2011, 02:49 PM
the more murray wins these masters and 500s, the more pressure he will be under come the time of slams......
And of course if he doesn't, he's sh*te and won't.. on to a real winner here :confused:

scoobs
10-15-2011, 02:51 PM
H2H is 4-3 in Murray's favour, but crucially the 4 wins of Murray were all on hardcourt and the 3 wins of Ferrer were all on clay.

Getta
10-15-2011, 02:51 PM

venomous pelagic coelenterate, you wish

ZaZoo)
10-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Bakery products coming up to end this glorious MS tournament.

Shinoj
10-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Murray to win in 3 tight sets. This Ferrer wont leave it easy.

What crazy logic?

So if Murray loses these events so he will be under less pressure in the Slams:rolleyes:

EddieNero
10-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Murray holds a tremendous 7-1 record in M1000 finals, while Ferrer I assume will try to choke as often as possible.
The Scot in 2 quite comfortable sets.

Start da Game
10-15-2011, 03:30 PM
venomous pelagic coelenterate, you wish

EDIT: i am not talking with you.....

Certinfy
10-15-2011, 03:31 PM
Murray in 2 comfortable sets. Ferrer will win a few more games than he did last week though.

Start da Game
10-15-2011, 03:31 PM
Murray to win in 3 tight sets. This Ferrer wont leave it easy.

What crazy logic?

So if Murray loses these events so he will be under less pressure in the Slams:rolleyes:

he builds up a lot of hype by winning these masters titles......

nalbyfan
10-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Ferru in 3 hopefully
Vamos David

EddieNero
10-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Dedicated to people who claim Murray is an inconsistent mug lacking strong mentally:

Murray's finals record outside slams: 20-6
I believe this ratio is better than anyone's among Top 10.

And I'm not a Murray fan.

Sham Kay
10-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Hmm, well I'm always interested in opinions differing my own. Do you think it would be better for his GS chances if Murray were losing early or around QF's in these lesser events? As in it would create less hype and take pressure off him as nobody will be expecting him to perform well?

EddieNero
10-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Based on recent results past Wimbledon, I think Murray is starting to peak and we can expect him to win a slam next year, for real.
He finally leant how to hit a penetrating forehand down the line, seemed to stabilize the serve on 55-65% 1st serves in, with nice speed, placement and variety, comes to the net more often with better results and basically outplays everyone with cross-court backhand.

I can't remark anyone except Murray to challenge Djokovic in upcoming years and tear some slams out from him.

Start da Game
10-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Hmm, well I'm always interested in opinions differing my own. Do you think it would be better for his GS chances if Murray were losing early or around QF's in these lesser events? As in it would create less hype and take pressure off him?

yes, definitely in his case and definitely for australian open and wimbledon because for AO he's got to start it all over again in january anyway......so there's really no benefit from winning these titles......

in fact these titles only increase the expectations and he for some reason can't seem to take pressure all that well......people are already taking about his 24 wins out of 25 or something.....so given that he's having issues handling big time pressure, it's better to keep a low profile even if that happens by tanking unimportant events.....you can avoid the scenario of embarrassment caused by expectations and just swing for the fences when you find yourself in a slam final......

Getta
10-15-2011, 03:59 PM
yes, definitely in his case and definitely for australian open and wimbledon because for AO he's got to start it all over again in january anyway......so there's really no benefit from winning these titles......

in fact these titles only increase the expectations and he for some reason can't seem to take pressure all that well......people are already taking about his 24 wins out of 25 or something.....so given that he's having issues handling big time pressure, it's better to keep a low profile even if that happens by tanking unimportant events.....you can avoid the scenario of embarrassment caused by expectations and just swing for the fences when you find yourself in a slam final......

:rolls:

Shinoj
10-15-2011, 04:04 PM

As long as the hype doesnt affect him, how does it matter?

Anyways if he does well in these tournaments, earns money,points,reputation it is only going to be good for him. And its a myth that Top players dont care about these tournaments. The fact that they have come for these tournaments show that they want to win them.

james82
10-15-2011, 04:09 PM
this was the final i was hopeing to avoid
has tennis got that bad that a 4th vs 5th match doesnt looke like it will be close?

Sham Kay
10-15-2011, 04:11 PM

*Splashes cold water on self*

Ah, I see your way of thinking. Okay, lets assume for a moment that Murray has had.. I dunno, the same results as.. Nalbandian for example has had in the Asian swing. Or worse. What would your honest opinion be of his chances come GS time? Would you not be saying he is struggling for form and that this combined with his mental frailties in GS's will mean he'll lose early? Is the lack of pressure and hype really more important than form, confidence and momentum gained from winning titles according to yourself?

Or, without a better way of putting it, is Murray screwed to the wall no matter what he does?

Shinoj
10-15-2011, 04:12 PM
I have seen ferrers game. he will run it tight. Remember guys he has beaten Roddick,Lopez. he is definitely one of the best out of the Top 4. Will be a huge shock if Murray manages to win it in 2 sets.

Start da Game
10-15-2011, 04:12 PM
:rolls:

why do you have to laugh? is that not true? when you know that you can't deal with the pressure of expectations, would you try and win every non slam trophy out there and build elephant hype for the tournament that matters the most?

if i were murray, i would tank every final before the slam so that the pressure is off for the big one......i would be more than willing to see tabloids reading "murray's chances look bleak going into the final given his finals record lately" than "entire britain waits with bated breath to see the scott win another final and lift the australian open"......

Start da Game
10-15-2011, 04:16 PM
*Splashes cold water on self*

Ah, I see your way of thinking. Okay, lets assume for a moment that Murray has had.. I dunno, the same results as.. Nalbandian for example has had in the Asian swing. Or worse. What would your honest opinion be of his chances come GS time? Would you not be saying he is struggling for form and that this combined with his mental frailties in GS's will mean he'll lose early? Is the lack of pressure and hype really more important than form, confidence and momentum gained from winning titles according to yourself?

Or, without a better way of putting it, is Murray screwed to the wall no matter what he does?

in his case, his forehand and the pressure of expectations have let him down......so maybe those two are important than confidence and other things? anyway, the momentum gained with this asian swing is pretty much useless because of the off season break......fresh season means fresh start and rebuilding everything all over again......

Sham Kay
10-15-2011, 04:21 PM
in his case, his forehand and the pressure of expectations have let him down......so maybe those two are important than confidence and other things? anyway, the momentum gained with this asian swing is pretty much useless because of the off season break......fresh season means fresh start and rebuilding everything all over again......
Fair point. Hopefully he plays a prep tournament before Aussie open, and if you're correct, he better get thrashed in the first round to give everyone else a.. false sense of security.. or something.

Sonja1989
10-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Oh God how much I would like to see Ferru as winner of Masters and I think he is the closest for it ever.. Best of luck David, you can do it!! :hug:

Sapeod
10-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Andy in 2. David has played 2 very tough matches in a row, he won't have enough stamina left to keep up with Andy.
murray will grind this so ugly that grindking ferrer himself will runaway in disgust.....
Why do you insist on carrying on calling Murray an ugly grinder when he's not one?? :facepalm: Especially when you're a fan of Nadal? :facepalm:

DrJules
10-15-2011, 04:45 PM
why do you have to laugh? is that not true? when you know that you can't deal with the pressure of expectations, would you try and win every non slam trophy out there and build elephant hype for the tournament that matters the most?

if i were murray, i would tank every final before the slam so that the pressure is off for the big one......i would be more than willing to see tabloids reading "murray's chances look bleak going into the final given his finals record lately" than "entire britain waits with bated breath to see the scott win another final and lift the australian open"......

Is that comment for real.

All that losing would not make a player feel good.

Singularity
10-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Or people will expect less, given that Murray has always had much more trouble in the slams. People base their expectations for grand slam performance on past grand slam play.

On the other hand, winning tournaments keeps you match fit, and gives you belief in your game.

Shinoj
10-15-2011, 05:15 PM

You are already assuming that peoples expectations is pulling down. But there is a strong possibility that he needs to find that extra gear which Fedalovic find. Its not the case of Murray getting pulled down but lack of going a level up in the GSs.

Pirata.
10-15-2011, 05:20 PM
:mad:

Murray in two :zzz:

abraxas21
10-15-2011, 05:25 PM
nothing against ferrer but he has nothing to do here. he's shown great mental strenght to get that far but he's work is done now. someone smuggle him back to spain pronto

henke007
10-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Murray to pick up another masters shield without doing anything special, Nid...

MuzzahLovah
10-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Tsonga, Nadal, Berdych- they all entered this "joke" masters, but some how couldn't reach the semis.

Javi
10-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Pics will upset Andy in three to win his first MS.

Javi
10-15-2011, 05:59 PM
nothing against ferrer but he has nothing to do here. he's shown great mental strenght to get that far but he's work is done now. someone smuggle him back to spain pronto

:stupid:

Yolita
10-15-2011, 06:10 PM
David has played 4 really tough matches, all 3-setters, except the one agaisnt Raonic, which went 7-5 7-6. He's had a difficult road to the finals: Raonic, Ferrerro, Roddick and Lopez. He'll be exhausted.

On the other hand, Murray had a very easy road: W/O, Wawrinka, Ebden and Nishikori. I know it's not his fault, but it's hardly an even playing field.

Tough luck for David. He probably would have lost anyway, but it would have been nice to see him play at his best and take it to Andy.

Murray will probably win in straights...

And I feel sad for David, who never seems to catch a lucky break, in spite of being such a hard worker. :sad:

Sapeod
10-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Pics will upset Andy in three to win his first MS.
I seriously hope you're kidding :lol: Ferrer has nothing do damage Murray with. He's probably quite tired after the 2 long matches he's had, while Murray is still fresh. There's nothing David can do to Andy.

guga2120
10-15-2011, 08:20 PM
It would be very good to see Ferrer finally win a master series, but Andy will take it in 2.

Mateya
10-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Muzza in 2, maybe 3 if he clowns around. :)

Muzza's road to the final of Shangai Masters
1R: bye
2R: walkover (Tursunov)
3R: Wawrinka
QF: Ebden
SF: Nishikori

this must be some kind of record :superlol:

StoGas
10-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Murray 4-0 Ferrer on hard. Nothing to add :wavey:

MuzzahLovah
10-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Muzza in 2, maybe 3 if he clowns around. :)

Muzza's road to the final of Shangai Masters
1R: bye
2R: walkover (Tursunov)
3R: Wawrinka
QF: Ebden
SF: Nishikori

this must be some kind of record :superlol:

Yep, amazing draw, but let's look at last tournament, a tiny 500.

1R:Baghdatis
2R:Bogomolov
QF:Nalbandian
SF:Ferrer
F: Nadal

So, I think it evens out.

pinkkiwi72
10-15-2011, 08:58 PM
My favourite two players in the ATP, best ever final. Ferrer to win in 3 sets, that would be a dream come true, however Murray is on a roll, and as above has had the easiest set of games and walkovers imaginable. But we live in hope for Pics, he deserves to win Masters 1000 title!!!

Swiss_Bagels17
10-15-2011, 09:05 PM
I am sick of the abuse Murray gets on here he has analysis more than any other player I have ever seen.

I have never been a massive fan of him but when he gets on a roll I really like him anyway in protest to the people who keep knocking him I have become more of a fan as a consequence.

Well Done Andy you have worked hard this year at being more consistent CONGRATULATIONS on getting to Number 3 in the world.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-15-2011, 11:04 PM
Ferrer beat this annoying pusher :rolleyes: :facepalm: :unsure: :tape:

DO IT FOR :drool:ESPANA:armed: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunset of Age
10-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Rooting for Ferrer, but in full knowing that it will be in vain. Whatever. Make it a fight, David.

nole_no1
10-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Meh don't care too much...one of the worst masters series tournaments ever
At least #2 and #3 seeds are in the final :zzz: Murray in 2 probably

coonster14
10-16-2011, 12:00 AM
Predicting a win for Muzza and in the process, for Muzza to overtake Roger in the rankings for the first time ever.

However, it would be nice to see Pics finally win his first MS 1000 title.

shiaben
10-16-2011, 12:13 AM
One would expect Ferrer to get a win against Murray here because they've played several times this year. Regardless, Murray will find a way to come out on top. Murray in 3.

Chase Visa
10-16-2011, 12:42 AM
Can't really see Ferrer winning - his stamina would be tested due to the amount of 3-setters he's played, and Murray's got the chance at 1. a perfect Asian season or 2. the #3 slot.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-16-2011, 12:46 AM
Can't really see Ferrer winning - his stamina would be tested due to the amount of 3-setters he's played, and Murray's got the chance at 1. a perfect Asian season or 2. the #3 slot.

but you gotta remember he loves to grind out three setters, he has been very successful at that numerous times in his career.......so i have dear faith in my lil david:angel:

......as long as he serves good, and stay away from ANDYS BH, he will be find;)

Sapeod
10-16-2011, 12:46 AM
Ferrer beat this annoying pusher :rolleyes: :facepalm: :unsure: :tape:

DO IT FOR :drool:ESPANA:armed: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original username, mate. Ha! An unoriginal Nadaltard who hates Murray. What a surprise.

Sapeod
10-16-2011, 12:48 AM
but you gotta remember he loves to grind out three setters, he has been very successful at that numerous times in his career.......so i have dear faith in my lil david:angel:

......as long as he serves good, and stay away from ANDYS BH, he will be find;)
He's lost to Andy all 4 times they've played on hard. Andy thrashed him the last time they played, so what's stopping Murray from thrashing him again?

Naudio Spanlatine
10-16-2011, 01:19 AM
Original username, mate. Ha! An unoriginal Nadaltard who hates Murray. What a surprise.

He's lost to Andy all 4 times they've played on hard. Andy thrashed him the last time they played, so what's stopping Murray from thrashing him again?

Uh no Andydick, im not a hater, i jus have a hate/love relationship with Andy, hes been too hot n cold for the last two years EVEN tho hes been in the top 4, im not surprise an Andydick reply either:p

But dont wry im sure David will find a way:nerner:

and if david doesnt win well ur precious Andy shall claim his "third" asian title....."O HOW LOVELY", at least my lil david is in the davis cup finals:angel:

Topspindoctor
10-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Pusher battle. Hope the organizers are enjoying another failed tournament with no big names :wavey:

Nasi
10-16-2011, 01:38 AM
Pusher battle. Hope the organizers are enjoying another failed tournament with no big names :wavey:

Aw, that's no way to talk about Nadal.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-16-2011, 01:39 AM

Nadal is a different type of pusher......A BETTER ONE TO BE HONEST w/ more spin:devil:;)

Nasi
10-16-2011, 01:42 AM
Nadal is a different type of pusher......A BETTER ONE TO BE HONEST w/ more spin:devil:;)

Eh, people on this site grossly abuse that term anyway. :P What I'm saying is that it's a heck of a reach to berate the Shanghai organizers for not having any big names. It's hardly their fault that Nadal crapped out early this year.

Topspindoctor
10-16-2011, 01:43 AM

Nadal is not in the finals, which makes the tournament a failure :wavey:

I wouldn't attend Mugray/Pushrrer match even if I got paid money for it.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-16-2011, 01:44 AM
Eh, people on this site grossly abuse that term anyway. :P What I'm saying is that it's a heck of a reach to berate the Shanghai organizers for not having any big names. It's hardly their fault that Nadal crapped out early this year.

Ok i see what ur saying here:):cool:

Nasi
10-16-2011, 03:19 AM
Nadal is not in the finals, which makes the tournament a failure :wavey:

I wouldn't attend Mugray/Pushrrer match even if I got paid money for it.

Again, it's not the organizers' fault that Rafa sucked. A big name was there, he just failed to advance.

Is a tournament only successful if the organizers give Rafa a cupcake draw and secretly poison his opponents' food to ensure that he makes it to the final? I don't think so.

MuzzahLovah
10-16-2011, 04:09 AM
Again, it's not the organizers' fault that Rafa sucked. A big name was there, he just failed to advance.

Is a tournament only successful if the organizers give Rafa a cupcake draw and secretly poison his opponents' food to ensure that he makes it to the final? I don't think so.

I'm sure the organizers are madder than topspindoctor over the fact Nadal couldn't beat a random player early in the tournament, even though his draw was full of Spaniards he usually beats.

BroTree123
10-16-2011, 05:59 AM
Shang-bye final :zzz:

Topspindoctor
10-16-2011, 06:02 AM
Shang-bye final :zzz:

What a hater, I am recording this match and keeping it in my DVD collection - it will be surely be a classic and will occupy the same coveted place on the DVD rack as all of my Dinara Safina and Caro Wozniacki matches :cool::smoke:

BroTree123
10-16-2011, 06:29 AM
What a hater, I am recording this match and keeping it in my DVD collection - it will be surely be a classic and will occupy the same coveted place on the DVD rack as all of my Dinara Safina and Caro Wozniacki matches :cool::smoke:

He blatantly admits :eek::worship:. But it is a great idea though. Just sell recorded Murray matches to Mugraytards, at least you'll get some money that way :cool:

jcempire
10-16-2011, 08:32 AM
6-3 6-4 Andy

come on now