Shanghai SF: (2) Murray d. Nishikori 6-3 6-0 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Shanghai SF: (2) Murray d. Nishikori 6-3 6-0

EddceLLent
10-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Second seed Andy Murray will meet Spaniard David Ferrer in the final of the Shanghai Masters after a straight sets win over Kei Nishikori of Japan. By reaching the semi-finals, Nishikori will become the highest ranked Japanese men's singles player ever when the rankings are released on Monday. Murray also stands a chance of improving his ranking: a win against Ferrer in the final would see him jump to third in the rankings, overtaking Roger Federer.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d173/eddcassels/muznish.jpg

FlameOn
10-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Ew :o. Bad match from Nishi.

Hopefully Ferrer will win the final ;).

Orka_n
10-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Andy played well but not spectacular, he didn't have to. Kei was completely flat, most likely tired from the earlier rounds. Disappointment of a match.

NJ88
10-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Murray too strong today. Everything was working, his serve was looking great especially. I expect him to win the title for sure now, and then to jump to number three. Good match from Murray, disapointing from Nishikori.

Sham Kay
10-15-2011, 01:15 PM
You sound like a news reporter. Heh.

Well, disappointing that it was so comfortable for Andy, but he played his best tennis of the week.

Kei should be proud of this week, he'll go up in leaps and bounds. Played some fluid points in the first set and some great touches.

Vida
easy peasy.

delboy
Murray was ok at best but Kei had given up before set 2 even started it seemed

syc23
10-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Did you enjoy your bagel Kei ;)

chewy
10-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Well...at least Kei's consistent. He ate a bagel in the very first set and now fed again in the final set at this tournament.

He seem a bit off, and Murray was brutal and the result was expected.

scoobs
10-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Murray strong and hitting the ball cleanly and serving well, but clearly it was one match too far for Kei, after the first six games he was lost and by the end he couldn't wait to get off court.

It's one of the consequences of his game - he struggles through matches a lot, plays a lot of three setters and so when he gets through to a SF there's not necessarily a lot of energy left in the tank.

Still, it's been an excellent week overall for him, finally over the Project 45 hump and can focus on improving and getting fitter for 2012.

*bunny*
10-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Kei... :hug: :sad:
I think poor Kei was hurting, probably his right ankle, because he was not running from around the middle of the third set. He will need to learn to spend less time in early rounds so that he has his stamina left in later rounds.

Murray was serving great and was in complete control of the match. Well done to him.

MuzzahLovah
10-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Eh, Nishi played some good points in the first set, but Murray has bageled someone in the final set the previous two weeks as well, so not unexpected.

Rodre Fegassi
10-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Never understood why there is so much love for this Japanese chump.

I guess it's cuz it's cuz people will support anyone but Murray!! Lol Murray.

Tutu
10-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Good from Murray, but typical of him to play well only when everyone is either tired, injured or burnt out. World number one Vulture.

TennisOnWood
10-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Take the crown Andy

MuzzahLovah
10-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Good from Murray, but typical of him to play well only when everyone is either tired, injured or burnt out. World number one Vulture.

:yawn: Nadal wasn't injured, tired, or burnt out, and said so in his interview. In fact he looked the sharpest of the week in his first set against Murray. Also, Murray is the one who has played 4 tournaments in 3 weeks, so if anyone should be tired, it should be him.

desigundah
10-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Andy played well but not spectacular, he didn't have to. Kei was completely flat, most likely tired from the earlier rounds. Disappointment of a match.

That statement is definitely wrong. Nishikori came out firing on all cylinders ripping crushing forehands but as we all know no one absorbs power better than Murray and this stupid game plan cost the Jap. He definitely wasn't flat though. His big hitting would have knocked a lot of guys off the court.

Orka_n
10-15-2011, 01:48 PM
That statement is definitely wrong. Nishikori came out firing on all cylinders ripping crushing forehands but as we all know no one absorbs power better than Murray and this stupid game plan cost the Jap. He definitely wasn't flat though. His big hitting would have knocked a lot of guys off the court.:rolleyes: Alright, I'll correct myself. After half a set, Nishikori went completely flat.

Sham Kay
10-15-2011, 01:51 PM
:rolleyes: Alright, I'll correct myself. After half a set, Nishikori went completely flat.
Yeah, he wasn't able to keep up the play he showed in a few rallies early on, which is understandable. If he had though, I'm certain a Murray lapse was around the corner for Kei to take advantage.

Asadinator
10-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Kei really had no chance to put any pressure on Murray though, because he couldn't get into Murray's service games. After he went really aggressive at the start, it was a bit reckless and he gave a break to Murray. After that he was always going to be behind, unless he could put pressure on Murray which as I said he couldn't, too many unreturned 2nd serves.

Saberq
10-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Dear god how bad can you be ...Congrats Andy this was Djokovic like...not there yet given the opponents but still nice win

Sham Kay
10-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Dear god how bad can you be ...Congrats Andy this was Djokovic like...not there yet given the opponents but still nice win
Murray's trying a similar diet plan to Djoker. Could it be kicking in? Heh. Well I suppose they have different body types..

2012 will be very interesting between them in my opinion.

Sham Kay
10-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Odd thing is, I can't see huge holes in Kei's game. Just a few rough edges in his game, tactical awareness and physical fitness. Once that's sorted and he's able to stay consistently healthy for long periods top 10 will be looming. The off-season will be vital for him.

Tutu
10-15-2011, 02:22 PM
:yawn: Nadal wasn't injured, tired, or burnt out, and said so in his interview. In fact he looked the sharpest of the week in his first set against Murray. Also, Murray is the one who has played 4 tournaments in 3 weeks, so if anyone should be tired, it should be him.
After such a long year and all the losses to Djokovic, of course Nadal is (mentally more than anything) burnt out. :lol:

And Djokovic and Federer are obviously injured.

MuzzahLovah
10-15-2011, 02:27 PM
After such a long year and all the losses to Djokovic, of course Nadal is (mentally more than anything) burnt out. :lol:

And Djokovic and Federer are obviously injured.

Yes, Nadal had a bad year against Djokovic, but Murray had lost 5 times in a row against Nadal. Murray and Nadal were the ones playing the final. I don't see how Nadal could have been at a physical or mental disadvantage, given Murray playing more and having a terrible record against Nadal this season. Nadal was beaten, fair and square.

Edit, also, Fed's not injured, just relaxing.

MuzzahLovah
10-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Murray's trying a similar diet plan to Djoker. Could it be kicking in? Heh. Well I suppose they have different body types..

Are you sure? I thought that was a joke. Murray has a good ten-20 pounds of muscle on Djokovic- similar diets seem kind of iffy.

Sapeod
10-15-2011, 03:19 PM
UTTER DESTRUCTION!!!

Yes, Andy!! That's how you show these lesser players who's the boss :worship:

Too good. Kei never had a chance :worship: :worship:

Take your 8th masters title, Andy!! :worship:

yellowboy906
10-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Kei... :hug: :sad:
I think poor Kei was hurting, probably his right ankle, because he was not running from around the middle of the third set. He will need to learn to spend less time in early rounds so that he has his stamina left in later rounds.

Murray was serving great and was in complete control of the match. Well done to him.

how do you learn to spend less time in early rounds when you are not good enough?:confused:

Saberq
10-15-2011, 03:58 PM
UTTER DESTRUCTION!!!

Yes, Andy!! That's how you show these lesser players who's the boss :worship:

Too good. Kei never had a chance :worship: :worship:

Take your 8th masters title, Andy!! :worship:

thank god you said he was a lesser player for a moment I thought you were gonna say that Kei is a future GS champion.....this masters is a joke btw the only guy who can play is Murray

DrJules
10-15-2011, 04:04 PM
thank god you said he was a lesser player for a moment I thought you were gonna say that Kei is a future GS champion.....this masters is a joke btw the only guy who can play is Murray

Does not say much about world number 5 David Ferrer in this "extra strong" era.

MaxPower
10-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Murray aka the ultimate opportunist. If there is a muggy draw or a big upset Murray will be there to take advantage. Good for him. Some players choke instead but Murray has done well for himself this year.

Sham Kay
10-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Ferrer deserves more respect than he's getting. He's fought his way through his draw and made it to the Final on not even his favourite surface, when even Nadal was unable to do so. He is backing up his ranking if anything and will pose a greater threat than people seem to think tomorrow.

Sapeod
10-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Murray is just miles ahead of everyone in this draw. Too bad that Djokovic and Federer weren't here, he could've shown them who's the boss too :)

DrJules
10-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Murray is just miles ahead of everyone in this draw. Too bad that Djokovic and Federer weren't here, he could've shown them who's the boss too :)

Murray really does need to win the year end masters this year to make a statement to the other top players and the posters on MTF.

Rodre Fegassi
10-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Funny how the supporters of Andy Murray have to be twice as vocal because every neutral is always against Murray.

Gullyfoyle
10-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Funny how the supporters of Andy Murray have to be twice as vocal because every neutral is always against Murray.

Sorry...? explain to me again the meaning of "Neutral"

Yolita
10-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Well done Murray. He beat who he had to beat in order to get to the final.

But still one has to feel for Ferru. Not only does he deserve a Masters title, he's had a much more difficult path to the finals than Murray: Raonic, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Roddick, Feliciano Lopez. All 3-setters, except the Raonic match, which went 7-5 7-6. Compare that with Murray's: W/O, Wawrinka, Ebden and Nishikori. It's a joke. Murray will be as fresh as a daisy and Ferru will probably be exhausted. :(

I know it's not Murray's fault, but it is really bad luck for Ferru, the one time he has a shot at a Masters title, he gets a really tough road and his opponent gets practically a bye. Murray has many Masters titles. I hope Ferru gets this one.

Nothing against Andy. I'm just feeling for David at the moment. :D

Rodre Fegassi
10-15-2011, 05:01 PM

Neutral means you're not a fan.

If you were the average tennis fan or even member of the public and not a fan of Nadal or Murray and those two were playing each other and I asked you would you'd want to win, you'd say;

"Oh I dunno really. Anyone but Murray I guess - can't stand that mopey miserable bastard who drags himself around the tennis court like a zombie on tranquilizers. It makes me depressed just looking at him."

Murray is UNIVERSALLY hated among serious tennis fans and even people who barely watch tennis. That is what I'm getting at.

Sham Kay
10-15-2011, 05:07 PM
In simple terms, I suppose you can be one of three things towards any given player. A fan, Neutral/indifferent, dislike/hater.

Neutral would be you don't mind whether they win or lose, it wouldn't bother you either way (unless they're playing someone you like of course). For example, I'm neutral towards both Ferrer and Lopez, so I wasn't really rooting for either, just enjoying the match. Having said that, Lopez continuously flashing his thigh on return used to put me off watching him play.

Sapeod
10-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Murray really does need to win the year end masters this year to make a statement to the other top players and the posters on MTF.
He's aiming for a win in Paris and WTF. If he manages to do that, that would be 5 staight titles. Quite impessive. I expect him to win at least 1 of them. He is after all the best player at the very moment.

Sham Kay
10-15-2011, 05:14 PM
He's aiming for a win in Paris and WTF. If he manages to do that, that would be 5 staight titles. Quite impessive. I expect him to win at least 1 of them. He is after all the best player at the very moment.
Before someone else says it, I wouldn't go as far as saying he's the best player right now. I know it's not his fault, but the point remains that Fed and Djoker aren't around. I'd agree his form is great and if he wins WTF then he would certainly be the person playing the best. But not just yet.

Unless it's just out of the people currently playing tournaments and not resting/injured, then yeah I agree, otherwise he'll have to prove it by winning a tournament with Fed and Djokovic in it.

Rodre Fegassi
10-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Haha, we know how Murray's 2012 will go anyway;

Reach the AO finals, fail to win a single set, slump throughout the rest of the hardcourt season.

But probably next year he won't even make the finals of the AO.

Corey Feldman
10-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Gluten Free Muzza is just an animal :cool:

plays even better than Nole

Nole better just be happy he got his 3 GS's this year

e476
10-15-2011, 05:37 PM
:clap2: Murray. A bagel! :hearts: This Masters has been a joke overall, with all the withdrawals and subpar performances. Thankfully, Murray stepped it up because to see Nishi as M1000 Champion? :tape:

Sapeod
10-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Before someone else says it, I wouldn't go as far as saying he's the best player right now. I know it's not his fault, but the point remains that Fed and Djoker aren't around. I'd agree his form is great and if he wins WTF then he would certainly be the person playing the best. But not just yet.

Unless it's just out of the people currently playing tournaments and not resting/injured, then yeah I agree, otherwise he'll have to prove it by winning a tournament with Fed and Djokovic in it.
Why Federer? He's above him in the race by far, has had a better season than him and is going to be ranked above him next week, so why would he have to win a tournament with Federer in it? He beat Federer twice in masters finals last year, so what are you talkng about?

Sham Kay
10-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Why Federer? He's above him in the race by far, has had a better season than him and is going to be ranked above him next week, so why would he have to win a tournament with Federer in it? He beat Federer twice in masters finals last year, so what are you talkng about?
Well, regardless Fed is still one of the best in the world, the greatest of all time, plus he won the WTF last year. With him in them, any given tournament is certainly tougher to win, just ask the best player this year, Djokovic. So that's what I'm talking about.

Sapeod
10-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Murray has now given a bagel in his last 5 tournaments, including Davis Cup.

US Open: Robin Haase 6-7(5) 2-6 6-2 6-0 6-4
Davis Cup: Sebo Kiss 6-0 6-2 7-6(3)
Bangkok: Donald Young 6-2 6-0
Tokyo: Rafael Nadal 3-6 6-2 6-0 :haha:
Shanghai: Kei Nishikori 6-3 6-0

3 of which where in final sets, 2 of which were in finals. What a beast :worship:

Sapeod
10-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Well, regardless Fed is still one of the best in the world, the greatest of all time, plus he won the WTF last year. With him in them, any given tournament is certainly tougher to win, just ask the best player this year, Djokovic. So that's what I'm talking about.
Federer will get beaten by Murray in these best of 3 tournaments 8/10 times. In slams, it'll be tougher for Murray but I can see him winning more often than not nowadays.

Saberq
10-15-2011, 05:57 PM

DJOKOVIC IS THE BOSS KID REMEMBER THAT .....ALL THIS BYE SUCCESS BY MURRAY GOT INTO YOUR HEAD...NOVAK WAS WINNING 7 TITLES IN A ROW 4 MASTERS AND A GRAND SLAM AGAINST TOP PLAYER UNLIKE THE UGLY MURRAY

HE'LL WIN SHIT ....WHEN NOVAK COMES BACK IT IS HIS TOWN .....

Gluten Free Muzza is just an animal :cool:

plays even better than Nole

Nole better just be happy he got his 3 GS's this year

LOL I LOVE YOU MAN FOR YOUR HUMOR I REALLY DO

BECAUSE FEDERER IS STILL TWICE THE PLAYER MURRAY IS AND EVER WILL BE ...BECAUSE FEDERER WILL DESTROY MURRAY IN WTF SHOULD THEY MEET....

Saberq
10-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Murray has now given a bagel in his last 5 tournaments, including Davis Cup.

US Open: Robin Haase 6-7(5) 2-6 6-2 6-0 6-4
Davis Cup: Sebo Kiss 6-0 6-2 7-6(3)
Bangkok: Donald Young 6-2 6-0
Tokyo: Rafael Nadal 3-6 6-2 6-0 :haha:
Shanghai: Kei Nishikori 6-3 6-0

3 of which where in final sets, 2 of which were in finals. What a beast :worship:

Novak has most bagels this season....and he gave them to quality opponents ...SEBO KISS????????????????????????

Sham Kay
10-15-2011, 06:02 PM
^^ Murray victories - sending haters to mental asylums since 2006.

Sapeod
10-15-2011, 06:03 PM
DJOKOVIC IS THE BOSS KID REMEMBER THAT .....ALL THIS BYE SUCCESS BY MURRAY GOT INTO YOUR HEAD...NOVAK WAS WINNING 7 TITLES IN A ROW 4 MASTERS AND A GRAND SLAM AGAINST TOP PLAYER UNLIKE THE UGLY MURRAY

BECAUSE FEDERER IS STILL TWICE THE PLAYER MURRAY IS AND EVER WILL BE ...BECAUSE FEDERER WILL DESTROY MURRAY IN WTF SHOULD THEY MEET....
:spit:

Looks like someone's a bit angry :awww: :superlol:

Saberq
10-15-2011, 06:03 PM

LOL of course not Murray earned all his masters titles even this one but look at the draw it is a joke....I know Novak had one in Rome 2008 and Montreal this year which was 10X stronger than this one

Saberq
10-15-2011, 06:04 PM

:spit:

Looks like someone's a bit angry :awww: :superlol:[/QUOTE]

Well Red Sox are out of the playoffs so I am pissed but Dani my man if you were mature and talked normal tennis you and me would be best friends .....:cool:

Corey Feldman
10-15-2011, 06:06 PM
get ready to update your siggy Sapeod

and dont ever backtalk tennizen again either ok Kid? yeah i seen you do it

Sapeod
10-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Novak has most bagels this season....and he gave them to quality opponents ...SEBO KISS????????????????????????
I don't think Djokovic ever bageled Nadal :wavey: :kiss:

Sapeod
10-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Well Red Sox are out of the playoffs so I am pissed but Dani my man if you were mature and talked normal tennis you and me would be best friends .....:cool:
Best friends?? HAHAHAHA, no.
get ready to update your siggy Sapeod

and dont ever backtalk tennizen again either ok Kid? yeah i seen you do it
Tennizen? Why not? :spit:

Sham Kay
10-15-2011, 06:09 PM
LOL of course not Murray earned all his masters titles even this one but look at the draw it is a joke....I know Novak had one in Rome 2008 and Montreal this year which was 10X stronger than this one
I just find it hilarious how badly so many people react to him winning any match. Just look at any Murray match thread and you see the same people repeating the same hate in previous match threads, and also towards his opponent for the mere audacity of losing to Andy.

Not sure about you though, only noticed you recently during Noles rise. Coincidently.

Saberq
10-15-2011, 06:10 PM
I don't think Djokovic ever bageled Nadal :wavey: :kiss:

No he didnt he only beat him 6 times in 6 finals I would say that is much much better

Best friends?? HAHAHAHA, no.

Why not I am a great guy ..?:confused:

Saberq
10-15-2011, 06:12 PM
I just find it hilarious how badly so many people react to him winning any match. Just look at any Murray match thread and you see the same people repeating the same hate in previous match threads, and also towards his opponent for the mere audacity of losing to Andy.

Not sure about you though, only noticed you recently during Noles rise. Coincidently.

I was on these forums for 6 years never had an account I was lazy .......And Murray hate is here because this winning streak is hyped but it is achieved against joke players ...now he earned it and the kid is trying hard but Sapeod thinks that now Murray is the best player in the world while the REAL best player in the world is resting and not giving a fuck

Sham Kay
10-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Can't say this "streak" is hyped all that much, even on these forums. It's increased the amount of trolling when it comes to Murray, and it's natural for some hype to appear when anyone wins 2/3 tournaments in a row, not just Murray. I haven't heard a Murray fan say he'll win the CYGS yet.. even in trolling that's for sure. Now that I said that, someone will probably create a thread for it.

Corey Feldman
10-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Federer soon gonna be #5 where he and his beach bum loving lifestyle belong

Tennizen? Why not? :spit:dont touch one of my women

an insult on them is an insult on me

you can keep insulting the likes of l_mac

MuzzahLovah
10-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Well, you obviously don't take him seriously, yet you seem to respect him enough to have the need to try and prove him wrong and argue with him. If you really think what he says is that absurd, like if someone said Simone Bolelli will win an ATP event then you'd probably not even respond, let the crazy hobo spout his rubbish if you will.

Interesting.. sorry, I just enjoy human psychology.

Awww, they removed the video- I thought they'd at least move it to off topic. :sad:

Sham Kay
10-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Awww, they removed the video- I thought they'd at least move it to off topic. :sad:
Ahh, unlucky man. I appreciate your sense of humour, if that's any consolation. Better than many other threads in GD anyway. Try starting it in off-topic next time.

EddceLLent
10-15-2011, 06:46 PM

Sebo Kiss is the future of tennis. When he finally decides to give up Law and take up tennis full-time there will be nothing that Murray, Djokovic or anyone else can do to stop his domination.

Saberq
10-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Sebo Kiss is the future of tennis. When he finally decides to give up Law and take up tennis full-time there will be nothing that Murray, Djokovic or anyone else can do to stop his domination.

what are you saying?Murray beat the fucking lawyer in Davis Cup?

EddceLLent
10-15-2011, 07:10 PM
what are you saying?Murray beat the fucking lawyer in Davis Cup?

I am saying... Tennis is the crime, Sebo Kiss is the law.

Poirot123
10-15-2011, 07:13 PM
Federer soon gonna be #5 where he and his beach bum loving lifestyle belong

dont touch one of my women

an insult on them is an insult on me

you can keep insulting the likes of l_mac

I don't think Federer cares where he's ranked anymore. But imagine if Federer was ranked 5. The top 4 rankings would be literally shitting their pants at the draw if he ended up in their quarter, with the possible expection of Nadal.

Sham Kay
10-15-2011, 07:15 PM
I understand Dani and I think kid has brains but he is too full of envy but he will learn
Excuse me? :lol: You have no idea who I am, so don't even pretend you do :lol:

Yeah. Nobody who would claim to know Sapoed would believe in the myth he has a brain.

shiaben
10-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Funny, Murray imposes his wrath on these poor youngsters like Nishikori, Dolgopolov, and the like, but against the big boys he gets smacked right in the head at the slams.

I'm sure Murray will probably defeat Federer or Nadal, at the slams when both are in decline lol. And Murray fans will act as if merits the same value as Nadal/Federer/Djokovic defeating each other at their best.

I'm also sure Murray will defeat Djokovic one day when he too is also on the decline for physical reasons or some other reasons. But of course all these wins by then, will have no meaning, only to Murray (psychologically speaking).

Rodre Fegassi
10-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Funny, Murray imposes his wrath on these poor youngsters like Nishikori, Dolgopolov, and the like, but against the big boys he gets smacked right in the head at the slams.

I'm sure Murray will probably defeat Federer or Nadal, at the slams when both are in decline lol. And Murray fans will act as if merits the same value as Nadal/Federer/Djokovic defeating each other at their best.

I'm also sure Murray will defeat Djokovic one day when he too is also on the decline for physical reasons or some other reasons. But of course all these wins by then, will have no meaning, only to Murray (psychologically speaking).

Smacked right in the head!? lol.

Andy Murray bagelled Nadal in October. So, by your logic, September 2011 Nadal was peak Nadal (when Djokovic beat him) - and October 2011 is declined Nadal.

Murray has also beaten Nadal in a Grand Slam (2008 US Open) during the season in which the latter was displaying what many consider to be his best ever form. So even from 2008 Murray has been in the mix being beaten by and beating the top players at their best in slams.

Crucially, Djokovic and Murray have barely ever met in slams - as the draws have been so blatantly rigged to engineer a Fedal final. When they last met, Murray meekly bowed out in his weakest ever slam final performance. It has been oft said that Murray's unpredictable style messes with Djokovic's mechanical baseline game - so if the two had met more frequently in slam semi's (or if Murray got his slam final head sorted out) - who knows what the head-to-head would be.

fast_clay
10-15-2011, 09:10 PM
nice new ranking for nishi and great for japanese tennis... he is now somewhere where his talents says he should be... i don't think there has been too much question on his work ethic apart from stamina in grand slams so it is great to see him made good on his obvious promise...

do it murray... the top rank who is singlehandly holding the atp roadshow together at the moment... murray is the glue and djokovic, federer and nadal should show their gratitude by proceeding to tank in the next gs meeting with the great muzz...

DrJules
10-15-2011, 09:53 PM

Highest ranked player Murray won 6-0 was Nadal ranked 2 and highest ranked player Djokovic won 6-0 was Soderling.

Saberq
10-15-2011, 11:21 PM
Highest ranked player Murray won 6-0 was Nadal ranked 2 and highest ranked player Djokovic won 6-0 was Soderling.

man dont argue with me I am trying to prove a point

MuzzahLovah
10-15-2011, 11:42 PM

Nadal is a Youngster? :haha:

I love your tortured logic. Murray's winning H2H against Federer, stretching from the middle of Fed's prime to the end last year- that doesn't count because it wasn't at the slams... :o

Murray's win against Djokovic this year (with Djokovic on top of the world) doesn't count because he was "injured," even though Nadal managed to lose a 6-1 set to an "injured" Djokovic.

So of course Murray bageling Nadal at Tokyo doesn't count, because in Tokyo, tennis is golf or something. Why don't Murray's wins against Nadal at the slams count again? Did Nadal's parents have divorce? Was there a Scottish moon warping time space and forcing Nadal's balls out?

Topspindoctor
10-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Terrible result for the game: a counterpunching mug beats a talented ballstriker. Mugray is lucky to be winning these clown tournaments and inflating his ranking - male Wozniacki will fall in AO and I'll be here laughing.

Topspindoctor
10-16-2011, 12:39 AM

Yeah, we've heard it all before :zzz:

2012 = another slamless year for Mugray. If he flukes to any slam final again he'll lose 6-4 6-2 6-3 or something like that.

Sham Kay
10-16-2011, 12:48 AM
Terrible result for the game: a counterpunching mug beats a talented ballstriker. Mugray is lucky to be winning these clown tournaments and inflating his ranking - male Wozniacki will fall in AO and I'll be here laughing.
I know this has been said before, but Nadal is the ultimate counterpuncher and moonballer, he does it against every player like an automated cyborg.. even Simon plays more aggressively with more variety if he has to. The way you speak, you should hate your own favourite player, except you enjoy flaunting his achievements while avoiding his incredibly dull playing style. Do you just support him for his achievements? I'm guessing that goes without saying.

Topspindoctor
10-16-2011, 01:16 AM
I know this has been said before, but Nadal is the ultimate counterpuncher and moonballer, he does it against every player like an automated cyborg.. even Simon plays more aggressively with more variety if he has to. The way you speak, you should hate your own favourite player, except you enjoy flaunting his achievements while avoiding his incredibly dull playing style. Do you just support him for his achievements? I'm guessing that goes without saying.

Nadal is neither a counterpuncher nor a "moonballer". He's actually been quite an aggressive player even back in 2005, attempting to use topspin as a weapon to create angles and push other player away from the baseline. Just because that particular style does not necessarily excel on super fast hardcourts due to speed and lower ball bounce, does not suddenly make him a "moonballer". You don't win 10 slams by pushing, moonballing and counterpunching. It's impossible. With Mugray it's different. He CAN play aggressive, but he's still a pusher in slams because he is mentally weaker than Safina.

FlameOn
10-16-2011, 01:45 AM
Neutral means you're not a fan.

If you were the average tennis fan or even member of the public and not a fan of Nadal or Murray and those two were playing each other and I asked you would you'd want to win, you'd say;

"Oh I dunno really. Anyone but Murray I guess - can't stand that mopey miserable bastard who drags himself around the tennis court like a zombie on tranquilizers. It makes me depressed just looking at him."

Murray is UNIVERSALLY hated among serious tennis fans and even people who barely watch tennis. That is what I'm getting at.

Murray's rampant negativity is a bit of a turnoff I must admit.

Sham Kay
10-16-2011, 02:18 AM
Nadal is neither a counterpuncher nor a "moonballer". He's actually been quite an aggressive player even back in 2005, attempting to use topspin as a weapon to create angles and push other player away from the baseline. Just because that particular style does not necessarily excel on super fast hardcourts due to speed and lower ball bounce, does not suddenly make him a "moonballer". You don't win 10 slams by pushing, moonballing and counterpunching. It's impossible. With Mugray it's different. He CAN play aggressive, but he's still a pusher in slams because he is mentally weaker than Safina.
Thanks. That was very educational.

MuzzahLovah
10-16-2011, 02:46 AM
Murray's rampant negativity is a bit of a turnoff I must admit.

I remember quite a few meltdowns an mopeyness on Simon's part as well. I'm fine with a player being hard on themselves or showing emotions, as long as it isn't passive aggressive sniping off court(Federer) or overt rudeness to opposing players/officials(Roddick/Williams)es or massive stalling/gamesmanship(Nadal/Djokovic). It's hard but necessary to stay positive on court, and hope Murray gets better at that, but it's at the bottom of my list for turnoffs in a player.

FlameOn
10-16-2011, 02:53 AM
I remember quite a few meltdowns an mopeyness on Simon's part as well. I'm fine with a player being hard on themselves or showing emotions, as long as it isn't passive aggressive sniping off court(Federer) or overt rudeness to opposing players/officials(Roddick/Williams)es or massive stalling/gamesmanship(Nadal/Djokovic). It's hard but necessary to stay positive on court, and hope Murray gets better at that, but it's at the bottom of my list for turnoffs in a player.
Well true, no-one's worse than Serena lol.

Naudio Spanlatine
10-16-2011, 02:54 AM

Yes NO ONE:o:mad::facepalm:

Murray is not far behind tho.....:unsure:

Topspindoctor
10-16-2011, 02:56 AM

Serena uses her anger to play better, Mugray uses his anger to melt down. Huge difference and reason why the former has 13 slams and the latter has none.

cutesteve22
10-16-2011, 02:57 AM
Nishikori was lucky to go that far.

Action Jackson
10-16-2011, 03:32 AM
Stick to talking about the Murray-Nishikori match, any other stuff deal with it by PM thanks.

The Magician
10-16-2011, 05:20 AM
Why the hell didn't Fed play here? Easy 1000 points for Murray, not that I blame him for being smart enough to take them. But seriously, Fed's been having trouble getting points outside majors and when he loses those WTF points he'll be really hurting for some freebees next year. Of course he does well in adversity, won USO 2008 after no one thought he could so maybe if his #4 is on the line he'll play better :(

BroTree123
10-16-2011, 05:49 AM
Why the hell didn't Fed play here? Easy 1000 points for Murray, not that I blame him for being smart enough to take them. But seriously, Fed's been having trouble getting points outside majors and when he loses those WTF points he'll be really hurting for some freebees next year. Of course he does well in adversity, won USO 2008 after no one thought he could so maybe if his #4 is on the line he'll play better :(

His time may be up next year :sad:

ossie
10-16-2011, 09:35 AM
bollettieri academy creating mugs since 1978

Sombrerero loco
10-16-2011, 02:06 PM
nishikori was awful here, but great week :)

EddceLLent
10-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Why the hell didn't Fed play here?(

I don't think he really cares about ranking points. Murray knows he's got to keep improving, hence he's set himself the target of being year end #3, whereas Federer probably knows he's not going to be as good as he once was, and so i'm guessing he just wants to try and stay fit for the majors and hope he can get a combination of fitness/form/luck that might help him win one.