best slam chance for fed in 2012? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

best slam chance for fed in 2012?

FedvsNole
10-14-2011, 04:10 AM
Where do you like fed's chances the best in 2012?

1. AO 2012: Wilson balls which fed loves and a slower court which actually prevents people like tsonga/berdych from hitting him off the court allowing him to reach semis presumably against novak. Novak played incredible in 2011 but even at that level federer was right there in all 3 slams he played novak in and fed didn't play that great in his aussie semi as he did in french and us open. It will be tough for novak to continue his form mostly bc how physical it is and he is already paying the toll being injured. Any less than his 2011 form in this match I like fed's chances to make it to the finals.

2. French 2012: roger is the 2nd best clay courter behind rafa. With the new babalat balls, I like fed to get to the finals in this one again. He wins if he plays anyone other than rafa in the final.

3. Wimby 2012: Let's be honest. Tsonga hit redline being down 2 sets to none at wimby. Anyone else and fed is playing novak in this semi. If roger has to play novak at any slam this is his best shot and he's prolly the favorite on a surface like grass. Rally's will be considerably shorter and djokovic cannot play the kind of defense he is used to. Fed's backhand slice is most potent on this surface. Would love to see novak and roger on grass.

4. US open 2012: Federer has had match points the last 2 years to get to the final so he has been as close as you can get. If he plays djokovich again it will be close but the super saturday hurts fed the worst if he is to win a title again. He will play second and then unless monday finals are introduced permanently he will probably not be able to win the final. He's made it to the semi's or better for 8 years in a row. With him playing night sessions especially during quarterfinals he will at least be at the semi's.

Final Notes:
- Fed is usually physically the sharpest he is movement wise at the start of the slam season while other players may not be at their best.

- Wimby 2012 is his best chance to win another slam if he gets past quarters mostly bc if he plays djoker the short points, backhand slice, and djokers movement will not be at its best on grass.

Topspindoctor
10-14-2011, 04:16 AM
Basel indoors :rocker2:

MuzzahLovah
10-14-2011, 04:31 AM
Where do you like fed's chances the best in 2012?

1. AO 2012: Wilson balls which fed loves and a slower court which actually prevents people like tsonga/berdych from hitting him off the court allowing him to reach semis presumably against novak. Novak played incredible in 2011 but even at that level federer was right there in all 3 slams he played novak in and fed didn't play that great in his aussie semi as he did in french and us open. It will be tough for novak to continue his form mostly bc how physical it is and he is already paying the toll being injured. Any less than his 2011 form in this match I like fed's chances to make it to the finals.

2. French 2012: roger is the 2nd best clay courter behind rafa. With the new babalat balls, I like fed to get to the finals in this one again. He wins if he plays anyone other than rafa in the final.

3. Wimby 2012: Let's be honest. Tsonga hit redline being down 2 sets to none at wimby. Anyone else and fed is playing novak in this semi. If roger has to play novak at any slam this is his best shot and he's prolly the favorite on a surface like grass. Rally's will be considerably shorter and djokovic cannot play the kind of defense he is used to. Fed's backhand slice is most potent on this surface. Would love to see novak and roger on grass.

4. US open 2012: Federer has had match points the last 2 years to get to the final so he has been as close as you can get. If he plays djokovich again it will be close but the super saturday hurts fed the worst if he is to win a title again. He will play second and then unless monday finals are introduced permanently he will probably not be able to win the final. He's made it to the semi's or better for 8 years in a row. With him playing night sessions especially during quarterfinals he will at least be at the semi's.

Final Notes:
- Fed is usually physically the sharpest he is movement wise at the start of the slam season while other players may not be at their best.

- Wimby 2012 is his best chance to win another slam if he gets past quarters mostly bc if he plays djoker the short points, backhand slice, and djokers movement will not be at its best on grass.

Fed's best chance is at Roland Garros, because Nadal is mentally destroyed so he'll exit early to a ball basher or Funknesse player. Djokovic and Murray will have an epic 5 set semifinal that will leave the winner exhausted for Fed in the final. By a twist of fate, Fed will get Nadal's draw and will only have to play lower ranked Spaniards and a mono-addled Soderling in the semis.

FedvsNole
10-14-2011, 04:33 AM
15 months with over 7600 posts spin doctor. Thats nearly 20 posts a day. You should really think about spending a little more time on these forums. :facepalm:

Topspindoctor
10-14-2011, 04:41 AM
15 months with over 7600 posts spin doctor. Thats nearly 20 posts a day. You should really think about spending a little more time on these forums. :facepalm:

:rolleyes:

Whose Fedtard double-account are you?

Benny_Maths
10-14-2011, 05:53 AM
US open 2012:..If he plays djokovich again it will be close but the super saturday hurts fed the worst if he is to win a title again. He will play second and then unless monday finals are introduced permanently he will probably not be able to win the final.

Fed could be ranked 200, up against some random, and they would still put him in the second semi if he were to make it that far.:mad:

Start da Game
10-14-2011, 06:03 AM
zero chance everywhere......even murray will beat him next year......

BroTree123
10-14-2011, 06:05 AM
Murray a chance to beat REAL GS champions when it counts? :superlol:

MaxPower
10-14-2011, 06:38 AM
His best chance is one of the HC slams. Either AO or USO.

RG 2011 was more of an anomally. It's only gonna get worse on clay for Fed from now on. His movement is declining

Wimbledon would have been a great chance but since they slow it down it plays more like RG but with different bounce. That means many players can beat him on the grass. All it takes is a more solid baseline game than Fed himself.

I actually think his GS QF streak will get broken in either RG or Wimbledon. But I do think he will reach semi or better in AO/USO. possibly both.

Imperfect Angel
10-14-2011, 06:42 AM
The last 2 slams. AO will be owned by Djoker from now on. Nadal on clay as per usual.

nalbyfan
10-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Rolex poseur will never win a GS, let's be realist

jcempire
10-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Only if Djoker, Nadal, Murray all not play

young guys like Dolop, TOMIC all not grow

The Magician
10-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Good thread :yeah: Fed has contradictory problems in his game. He is slower than he was before so he does better on slow courts where he has time to get in position and hit his backhand as we saw at RG. On the other hand he has trouble staying in long rallies and often rides on his serve to win which favors fast surfaces like the USO. What was formerly his excellence on all surfaces has turned into a weakness in his late years because he doesn't have a one dimensional game he can devote to a surface like Sampras in his older years and Nadull on clay.

I think he'll win the AO because Fakervic will be crushed by expectation and Nadull is still awful. He's traditionally done well at the AO when the other top players do poorly and a surprise breakout makes the SF/F. However he does have a chance at all of them but none of them stand out. The worst chance for me is at Wimbledon, which might seem weird, but the grass is too slow to play aggressive tennis but too fast to get into position.

Saberq
10-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Good thread :yeah: Fed has contradictory problems in his game. He is slower than he was before so he does better on slow courts where he has time to get in position and hit his backhand as we saw at RG. On the other hand he has trouble staying in long rallies and often rides on his serve to win which favors fast surfaces like the USO. What was formerly his excellence on all surfaces has turned into a weakness in his late years because he doesn't have a one dimensional game he can devote to a surface like Sampras in his older years and Nadull on clay.

I think he'll win the AO because Fakervic will be crushed by expectation and Nadull is still awful. He's traditionally done well at the AO when the other top players do poorly and a surprise breakout makes the SF/F. However he does have a chance at all of them but none of them stand out. The worst chance for me is at Wimbledon, which might seem weird, but the grass is too slow to play aggressive tennis but too fast to get into position.

yeah like Novak was fucked up by expectation in Wimbledon and Montreal after reaching number 1 and US Open again...Novak if fit can not be beaten in AO surface.....Fed can win Wimbledon if he get's his shit together

SaFed2005
10-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Only if Djoker, Nadal, Murray all not play

young guys like Dolop, TOMIC all not grow

He has beaten Djoko and Nadal before in slams and he can do it again... DOn't put Murray in that sentence until he actually gets a SINGLE set off Fed at a slam.

Johnny Groove
10-14-2011, 02:26 PM
He has chances at all 4.

tealeaves
10-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Wimbledon, USO. Nadal should win another FO and Djokovic looks good for AO

Start da Game
10-14-2011, 03:08 PM
He has chances at all 4.

yes, for semifinal exits.....

kingroger
10-14-2011, 03:11 PM
I think Fed will win his last major in Melbourne.... And then he'll win the Olympics and retires....
But I actually believe he can win all 4 of them...

juan27
10-14-2011, 03:19 PM
I think that roger has chances to win one slam more and maybe two.

if he win another slam , many nadull`s tards shuold shut up.

nadal`s fan must worry about nadal that with 25 years old looks satured and horrible, in that way , he never surprass rogers`s records

Egreen
10-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Australian or French Open. Last 2 slams he actually reached the final.

He has not reached the finals of Wimbledon or the USO since 2009.

Saberq
10-14-2011, 08:19 PM
yes, for semifinal exits.....

LOL relax my friend next year when Novak and Rafa split the slams Sapeod and other morons can argue about 2013

TBkeeper
10-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Shiiit i want '00 - 09 tennis .... That generation ruled !
Hewitt , Safin , Federer , A bit of Agassi , Roddick , NALBANDIAN ! DAVYDENKO ! FERRERO ! ... ah... wonderful times !

Seleshfan
10-14-2011, 09:22 PM
I'd be happy with him taking any one of them, though I feel he has an equal shot for all 3 outside the French. If Rafa loses at the French, then equal shot at all 4. lol

DrJules
10-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Best chance probably Wimbledon.

However, like so many multiple grand slam champions before him he is not expected to win grand slams in his 30's.

Federer has won 0 of his 16 in his 30s, Sampras only won 1 of 14, Borg won 0 of his 11, Lendl won 0 of his 8.

Roadmap
10-14-2011, 09:41 PM
I have a sentimental feeling in my heart. I say Wimbledon for old times sake :)

Roadmap
10-14-2011, 09:42 PM
I agree with you Dr Jules.

oranges
10-14-2011, 09:47 PM
I'd say Wimbledon will always be his best chance, than USO, than AO. Another RG is so unlikely, the possiblity is merely theoretical.

Roadmap
10-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Sadly I believe Federer has no more chances to beat Nadal at Roland Garros. Too many fuck ups. Winning the first set in 2006 and then falling apart. Having a billion break points in 2007 but taking just one. In this years final the dropshot on set point in the first set that missed by a quarter of a millimetre. Terrible luck. The fourth set first game Fed had 0-40 on nadal's serve but failed to win the game and then proceded to lose the set comfortably.

NID
10-14-2011, 10:37 PM
He has a pretty good chance at all 4, provided he gets into Djokovic half.
AO is his best bet now, slow enough to allow him to get into position.

SetSampras
10-15-2011, 12:55 AM
His only chance anymore is the USO really. Fast hardcourts. He doesn't have much of a chance anywhere else at this point.. Nole is too good in Australia, Nadal too good on grass and clay etc.

Everko
01-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Basel indoors :rocker2:

thats all he will win :lol:

piksi
01-26-2012, 03:38 PM
He could win Halle, maybe but realistically his time will come after US open. He will win all the slams between US open and Australian open. What else can you ask for?

philosophicalarf
01-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Wimbledon, especially if Nadal has permanently forgotten how to serve.

luie
01-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Judging by todays match.
Fed should play like Pete Sampras , take it easy on
These slow HC. Ditch the clay season and just
Concentrate on Wimby.
Because he is not beating nadull n Novak on clay
Or HC slam including a slower USO.

RagingLamb
01-26-2012, 05:12 PM
US open. He seems to do very well in later events. His easy and brilliantly efficient style means he isn't as injury prone near the end of the year as others, and he's always done very well at the USO. Points away from the final in the last two years if I'm not mistaken.

finishingmove
01-26-2012, 06:35 PM
His best chance would be at the one where Djokovic and Nadal drop out early.

Let's rather calculate the odds of that happening.

LawrenceOfTennis
01-26-2012, 06:36 PM
US OPEN no doubt, if there's any chance left

Henry Kaspar
01-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Wimbledon. Lower bounce, less vulnerable with his backhand. Still his best surface to challenge Nadal. Djokovic he can beat on any surface.

Poirot123
01-26-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm not convinced he can win any without a great deal of luck. Like Nadal losing at FO early in a freak match. Best chance? Wimbledon probably, but again with a mammoth serving performance. If the US Open is as slow as last year, if he meets Nadal, he will be crushed sadly.

Still I'm sure, once he gives the ATP the nod that he's calling it a day, they'll set up a tournament which is a bit faster and he'll win in farewell 17th slam.

nalbyfan
01-27-2012, 12:56 PM
No chance at all even by luck coincidence or fluke, he's much too old, his fitness too bad, his footwork too lazy

duong
01-27-2012, 01:58 PM
US Open, especially if he lightens his early schedule and Nadal and Djokovic have fought before in very grueling matches.

Also especially if they cancel the super-saturday.

duong
01-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Wimbledon. Lower bounce, less vulnerable with his backhand. Still his best surface to challenge Nadal.

People will say that Nadal is always better on hard outdoors, because Fed has never played Nadal on a quick outdoor hardcourt surface (well maybe Dubai once it was not too slow but I didn't see this match), maybe he will one day now that he's old and people will think that the result will prove this and that.

The summary which has been made is indoors / outdoors. But we've never seen them play on a quick outdoor hardcourt surface.

Personally I think that Nadal is much better on grass (I mean the grass in second week of Wimbledon, not the first one) than on quick outdoor hardcourt surface.

And I think that Fed used to be as good on both, and now is better on quick outdoor hardcourt surface. His return has become bad and that's a problem on grass. And you need to be very low on your legs on grass, which he can't do as well anymore.