Nadal: 2011 not best year for himself, Federer [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal: 2011 not best year for himself, Federer

SetSampras
10-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Rafael Nadal disagrees with Andy Murray’s assessment that the standard at the top of the men's game has significantly increased this year.

"I do not agree," Nadal told reporters in Shanghai. "I think Djokovic, yes. I played worse than last year. I was very regular, probably even more regular than last year. I think Roger [Federer] played well, but he lost a few matches than in the past he never gonna lose."

The Spaniard added that he isn’t sure whether the Nadal of 2010 would beat the Nadal of 2011. "I believe Rafa 2010 had something more special than Rafa 2011, especially in tough situations. That's the true. Win or lose depends on very, very, very small things. And probably these very, very small things I did a little bit better in 2010 than 2011… Djokovic this year already won a lot of tournaments. Don't believe that he changed his game unbelievable. He did a few small things better than a few years ago and that's why his big success this year. That's what I gonna try. But I am not agree with what Andy said. I think the level, no, wasn't better than 2010 or 2009. I think was similar. For my part and Roger's part a little bit worse for the moment."

Roadmap
10-13-2011, 01:35 PM
I can sense a lot of anger in Nadull's words. He is obviously still pissed at the lesson that Murray gave him last week.

Roadmap
10-13-2011, 01:37 PM
There was me thinking that Nadull is the epitome of humility. Bitter much?

dodo
thats pretty much how it is.
how is it bitter?

bokehlicious
Nadal is spot on. Murray was off, as usual...

Sunset of Age
10-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Rafa just telling how it indeed is, what's the deal? :shrug:

Roadmap
10-13-2011, 01:38 PM
He will be a seriously motivated motherfucker next year.

Roadmap
10-13-2011, 01:39 PM
I am looking forward to the World Tour Finals.

Shinoj
10-13-2011, 01:39 PM
I have been watching tennis since the early 90's. 2011 standard has been one of the best. Nadul is getting worked out time and again.Thats his problem.

Roadmap
10-13-2011, 01:42 PM
He was not as physically sharp this year as compared to last year. Faker was sharper.

Roadmap
10-13-2011, 01:44 PM
It would be interesting to see 2010 Nadull play 2011 Faker.

Roadmap
10-13-2011, 01:45 PM
If Nadull and Faker play at the 02 and piglet wins then that sets the tone for next year. WTF are huge.

Roadmap
10-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Murray has a thing or two to say about that.

The Magician
10-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Nadull is right that this year has a horrible level, but he's wrong that 2010 was better when in fact both Nadull and Fakervic have taken advantage of the weak era to win 3 slams in a year without a challenge or an especially high level of play. That's why this statement is sour grapes and bitterness from Nadull, he benefited from the same gifts Fakervic has had this year and he doesn't like the reflection he's seeing from the other side :o

dodo
10-13-2011, 01:57 PM
How about not making a new post every time a random thought pops into your head?
Also, the "Faker" and "Nadull" bullshit is old, bigtime. These are the two best tennis players in the world. You dont like them, we get it. Nobody cares.

Lopez
10-13-2011, 01:59 PM
It would be intersting to see 2010 Nadull play 2011 Faker.

Whose double account are you :confused:?

Pirata.
10-13-2011, 02:01 PM
If this was Fed, MTF would rip him to shreds :lol:

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
10-13-2011, 02:10 PM
nadal is jim courier in a stupid weak era

it took 3 years to work out jim- it took 6 to work out nadal

Start da Game
10-13-2011, 02:15 PM
He will be a seriously motivated motherfucker next year.

this.....end of thread.....this little period of a little over 2 months until the new year is a tough little phase for him and he is slightly pissed that he has to go through it.....

he's done for this year and watch out for him in 2012.....he won't leave anybody.....

Shinoj
10-13-2011, 02:54 PM
If Nadal is done for this year then it really means trouble for him.

If he has such a bad end of the year then it would be really difficult for him in the upcoming season. it means that the like of Djokovic and Murray after having a great end to the season will be doubly raring to go and Nadal would not have only to deal with his poor form but also put up with the pressure of looming Djokovic and Murray.

Its a double headed Monster nadal is in front of now. he just cant leave this season like this.

Start da Game
10-13-2011, 03:02 PM

If he has such a bad end of the year then it would be really difficult for him in the upcoming season. it means that the like of Djokovic and Murray after having a great end to the season will be doubly raring to go and Nadal would not have only to deal with his poor form but also put up with the pressure of looming Djokovic and Murray.

Its a double headed Monster nadal is in front of now. he just cant leave this season like this.

murray fights for these clown events nobody gives a shit about in the long term......it's all about the slams......djokovic is no moron to skip these events either, he knows what he is doing......

besides all that nadal's physical style has never allowed him to be great during this part of the season......us open every year pretty much signaled the end for his season......he is human after all and no point in expecting victories from him from start to finish of the season......

he has 10 slams, 20 masters titles and 46 titles all with a weak serve, weak return of serve and weak volley......any other player would have retired by now with so many weaknesses......fed would have shrunk like a cheap blanket and become a depression patient by now had his serve, return of serve and volley were as weak as nadal......plus he would have won no slams, let alone 16......

MuzzahLovah
10-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Murray tries to be diplomatic and Nadal goes all sour grapes. You'd think Nadal would like the taste of bagels by now.

timafi
10-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Nadal is on the $ and Murray is fucking fooling himself as fucking usual.If his own damn level is so "high" how could he not take a damn set of Djokovic in the finals of Australia? All Andy "high level" Murray could manage were 9 goddarn games both Chokerer and Nadal pushed Novak more:tape: :rolleyes: :facepalm: :shrug:

MuzzahLovah
10-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Nadal is on the $ and Murray is fucking fooling himself as fucking usual.If his own damn level is so "high" how could he not take a damn set of Djokovic in the finals of Australia? All Andy "high level" Murray could manage were 9 goddarn games both Chokerer and Nadal pushed Novak more:tape: :rolleyes: :facepalm: :shrug:

Um, didn't he also say the Djokovic was playing at an extraordinarily high level? Staying pressed I see.

juan27
10-13-2011, 03:29 PM
it`s true that nadal is not the same nadal of his peak years.....

nadal`s really peaks years were 2008/2009( before rg)and 2010 ( it`s true that in 2010 the circuit`s level was bad too) , that nadal never lost matches like the miami and indian wells final or rome and never guys like isner won 2 sets in roland garros!!!!

for federer is normal that his level be much more low , because he has 30 years old , but nadal play tennis like professional since 16 years old and maybe his body and mind feel that and his level starts to low too , many years in the elite and he lost many things when he was a boy, maybe he want to enjoy other things and tennis starts to satured.

nole maybe is a machine now , but if rafa and roger were in his primes , I don`t think that nole won all like this year.....

Shinoj
10-13-2011, 03:37 PM
murray fights for these clown events nobody gives a shit about in the long term......it's all about the slams......djokovic is no moron to skip these events either, he knows what he is doing......

besides all that nadal's physical style has never allowed him to be great during this part of the season......us open every year pretty much signaled the end for his season......he is human after all and no point in expecting victories from him from start to finish of the season......

he has 10 slams, 20 masters titles and 46 titles all with a weak serve, weak return of serve and weak volley......any other player would have retired by now with so many weaknesses......fed would have shrunk like a cheap blanket and become a depression patient by now had his serve, return of serve and volley were as weak as nadal......plus he would have won no slams, let alone 16......

if nobody gives a damn about these tournaments then why is hopping half the world across to play these tournaments. He should have rather stayed in an highly protected Incubator in a warm Meditarrean environment in Mallorca to protect him from possible flu.

Nadal plays the percentages better than any player. He plays out the average point in the match pretty well. Makes a lot less mistakes and prays on opponents weakness. he doesnt have any outstanding shots in his armoury. So thats the reason when the talented blokes on the circuit have got their head in place, Djokovic,Murray,Mayer he really has got no place to hide. he is getting bagelled,roasted left right and center.

Filo V.
10-13-2011, 03:42 PM
He's 100% right. Rafa/Roger decline, Murray/Djokovic rise. Is it a coincidence or not, that is the question that needs to be asked. And that can be argued for either position.

Mountaindewslave
10-13-2011, 06:10 PM
I have been watching tennis since the early 90's. 2011 standard has been one of the best. Nadul is getting worked out time and again.Thats his problem.

you are in serious denial if you believe that, I have been watching tennis for a long time too and you are lying if you are saying the field is as strong or diverse as it was in the past. there are very few threats out of the top 10 in tennis these days, that alone says a lot

Nadal is right, there is nothing different about the field in 2011 than 2010 and if anything it's worse... Novak Djokovic is a greaet tennis player but he just plays an extremely consistant baseline game, it says enough that no players are good enough in 2011 to think of ways to beat him and that none even can have 'hot streak' days to beat him. it says a lot about this year, and it doesn't say anything good, oh wait i'm sorry... it says

one good thing about 2011 = Djokovic. the rest sucks

Mountaindewslave
10-13-2011, 06:11 PM

you are aware that Nadal in the past usually has fairly bad end of the seasons......

abraxas21
10-13-2011, 06:17 PM
he's basically saying the reason for fako's success is more about him lowering his level than fakovic improving his

how humble, nadal

shiaben
10-13-2011, 06:20 PM
lol Murray says it has gotten better only because he knows his chances of defeating Nadal and Federer are higher for the obvious reasons: Nadal's level or at least physically speaking, will eventually drop because of his career injuries, meanwhile Federer's endurance and stamina and energy has already dropped. So Murray will say anything to make it look as if he's about to defeat these two players at their "best". The only player that is at their best at the moment is Djokovic. It would have been a different story if Djokovic lost to Federer. Then again Federer is 30...

mooncreek
10-13-2011, 06:23 PM
If you look at the first six months of the year, I'd agree with Murray. It wasn't until the Wimbledon final that you really began to see cracks in Nadal's game. Since that point, Nadal is right that 2011 Nadal wouldn't beat 2010 Nadal.

But of course Murray would say that anyway. He's still the outsider, has been playing better (for the most part) this year than last yet came up short against Nadal and Djokovic in important matches. It's tough to put Federer in the discussion because he's clearly not what he was last year (at least not mentally). Murray seems to be talking about when he plays these guys and Murray hasn't played Federer all year so cannot make the same assessment.

ballbasher101
10-13-2011, 06:34 PM
So much for Nadal being humble :haha:. Players are wising up to his game. He can't handle the truth :devil:.

dav abu
10-13-2011, 06:38 PM
So is this Murray's excuse for not winning a Slam this year :D?

Vida
10-13-2011, 08:58 PM
nadal banking on federer to bail him out next season vs novak? :facepalm:

LawrenceOfTennis
10-13-2011, 08:59 PM
stating the obvious

merryploughbhoy
10-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Did he say this before or after he got beat of mayer?

Sunset of Age
10-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Did he say this before or after he got beat of mayer?

Before, I saw it posted elsewhere yesterday (or even the day before, can't remember properly).

tribalfusion
10-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Nadal is saying the obvious here. Hard to imagine Federer losing some of these matches a few years ago in this way and the same goes for Nadal himself.

I also saw this a few days ago and was surprised the usual suspects here hadn't bitched about it but apparently they hadn't yet found it.

Orka_n
10-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Nadal is right. But it's also true that this year Djoker has found amazing consistency that he didn't have before.

rocketassist
10-13-2011, 09:40 PM
He's actually right, but he's taken advantage of lack of depth as well.

Fedex
10-14-2011, 12:17 AM

Wow, wow, wow. Weak volley? You better take that up with your boy J-Mac, who says Nadal has one of the best volleys in tennis and better volleys than Federer.

Orka_n
10-14-2011, 12:29 AM
he has 10 slams, 20 masters titles and 46 titles all with a weak serve, weak return of serve and weak volley......any other player would have retired by now with so many weaknesses......fed would have shrunk like a cheap blanket and become a depression patient by now had his serve, return of serve and volley were as weak as nadal......plus he would have won no slams, let alone 16......It's quite a feat, but you're making even less sense than usual. Let me get this straight - you are saluting Nadal's greatness by emphasizing his weaknesses, while insulting Federer for having a good serve, ROS, and volleys? :scratch:

Sunset of Age
10-14-2011, 12:32 AM
It's quite a feat, but you're making even less sense than usual. Let me get this straight - you are saluting Nadal's greatness by emphasizing his weaknesses, while insulting Federer for having a good serve, ROS, and volleys? :scratch:

:rolls:
StG is doing an exquisite heya in that post. :worship:

jcempire
10-14-2011, 12:44 AM
Nadal plays way off the best

Say Hey Kid
10-14-2011, 12:51 AM
What Nadal said is very true. His level has absolutely declined, as has Federer's.

What also needs to be pointed out is how the level of play below the top 4 has dropped as well. In 2010 for a good portion of the season Soderling and Berdych were legitimate threats to the big 4 and were beating them in slams. They both had legitimate longshot chances to win a slam, and were considered a legitimate threat to the big 4.

With Soderling's injury and Berdych's down year there is currently literally no one outside of the big 4 who could be considered even a legitimate longshot to win the AO title. That hasn't been the case in some time.

Literally the only player who has gotten better is Djokovic.

Start da Game
10-14-2011, 05:56 AM
Rafael Nadal disagrees with Andy Murray’s assessment that the standard at the top of the men's game has significantly increased this year.

"I do not agree," Nadal told reporters in Shanghai. "I think Djokovic, yes. I played worse than last year. I was very regular, probably even more regular than last year. I think Roger [Federer] played well, but he lost a few matches than in the past he never gonna lose."

The Spaniard added that he isn’t sure whether the Nadal of 2010 would beat the Nadal of 2011. "I believe Rafa 2010 had something more special than Rafa 2011, especially in tough situations. That's the true. Win or lose depends on very, very, very small things. And probably these very, very small things I did a little bit better in 2010 than 2011… Djokovic this year already won a lot of tournaments. Don't believe that he changed his game unbelievable. He did a few small things better than a few years ago and that's why his big success this year. That's what I gonna try. But I am not agree with what Andy said. I think the level, no, wasn't better than 2010 or 2009. I think was similar. For my part and Roger's part a little bit worse for the moment."

this is just not you, rafa......no need to talk too much about others games, you better mind your own business......

i agree with what you have to say about your own game, djokovic's game and murray's but it's the manner in which you convey it all and the timing of it doesn't sound right.....

you had no problem giving all the credit to fed in madrid 2009 final when you were dead tired for that match and gifted the title to him, wimbledon 2007 final when you were clearly injured but still maintained great composure in the post match presser giving entire credit to the opponent as if your opponent suffered knee tendinitis and still won the final.....

i expect you to maintain the same standard of respect against your current rivals too......but the fact that you are frequently finding the need to stress the obvious(your declined game and djokovic's and murray's improved game) is just not sounding right.....

you have always succeeded by shutting your mouth and letting your racket do the talking......no need to behave differently now in 2011 and no need to start thinking that you are now bigger than the game and your opponents, you are well on your way to immortality......if only you could continue being grounded and humble like you still are i believe, your fans would be happy......

remember that you are liked more for your big attitude, big heart to fight and humbleness, than your results......skip paris, play world tour finals just for the heck of it, correct your stroke dynamics in the off season, take rest and come back fresh in 2012......

Topspindoctor
10-14-2011, 06:00 AM
The worst thing that has declined is the serve. Nadal went from an awful server in 2005 to a decent server in 2007 to a great server in 2008-2010. Now his serve is worse than in 2007 and closer to 2005 level. And it's not just Djokovic who abuses it. Getting routinely broken by the likes of Golubev, Sweeting and Dodig tells you all you need to know about how bad his serve is compared to last year.

Sri
10-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Rafa's level has gone down in the post-Wimbledon 2011. Nole has, of course, raised his game a lot.

Federer is playing well in patches, just like 2010. And Murray is mugging around, just like always.

EddieNero
10-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Anyone who can rise above the poor level of this era will start to dominate, exactly like Djokovic did this year.
There are too few quality players to challenge each other at the same time, it's only about taking advantage in the right moment, maintain consistency and do not lose against mugs.

I just hope Murray will improve his mental side enough to threat both Djokovic and Nadal in slams.

Mechlan
10-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Pretty obvious really. Nadal is not playing as well as he has in the past. Funny that he said the same about Federer, but it's true. Everyone gets older and their peak passes them, it's the natural order of things.

dodo
10-14-2011, 09:21 AM
It's quite a feat, but you're making even less sense than usual. Let me get this straight - you are saluting Nadal's greatness by emphasizing his weaknesses, while insulting Federer for having a good serve, ROS, and volleys? :scratch:
i got this one.

blind breed haters ............... ballerina federina yakkedy yak .................. haters haters blind breed .......... warm regards that one RG final .......... fed actually only has 2 slams .............. cyclones of blind breed hater death...... backhand so weak ......... conclusion: nadal wins.

tennis2tennis
10-14-2011, 09:37 AM
anyone who thinks Roger and Rafa's form hasn't dropped is deluding himself...
Roger's decline makes sense 'cause he's aging...I don't understand Rafa's decline though

Sunset of Age
10-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Roger's decline makes sense 'cause he's aging...I don't understand Rafa's decline though

Not that hard to figure out. Age is an important factor, but MILEAGE is what counts most. And Rafa's mileage is huge. :shrug:
I'm a bit more cautious with declaring that Rafa is actually in decline, btw. Yes the first signs are obviously there, but just look at how many finals he played, and yes he wrapped up a GS title, once again. Not too shabby is it? It may be the start of a decline, but let's just await how he will do next season before writing him off. Doing so now already is just quite a bit too early imho, and it might well be the same mistake that people made about Roger back in 2008/2009!

Castafiore
10-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Rafa started competing at top level earlier so age is not telling the entire story.

dodo
10-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Not that hard to figure out. Age is an important factor, but MILEAGE is what counts most. And Rafa's mileage is huge. :shrug:
I'm a bit more cautious with declaring that Rafa is actually in decline, btw. Yes the first signs are obviously there, but just look at how many finals he played, and yes he wrapped up a GS title, once again. Not too shabby is it? It may be the start of a decline, but let's just await how he will do next season before writing him off. Doing so now already is just quite a bit too early imho, and it might well be the same mistake that people made about Roger back in 2008/2009!
Was it really a mistake to be calling Fed in decline in 2008-9? He was still very much a top player and won his fair share, including slams, but its fairly clear (to anyone but sdg) his powers werent near his peak anymore. Rafa is kind of in the same position now. He is still getting solid results, but just missing that edge and while he will no doubt have the occasional display of former glory in the future, it is unlikely we will see anything like the Rafa '08 steamrollage anymore. I call that a decline.

Sunset of Age
10-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Was it really a mistake to be calling Fed in decline in 2008-9? He was still very much a top player and won his fair share, including slams, but its fairly clear (to anyone but sdg) his powers werent near his peak anymore. Rafa is kind of in the same position now. He is still getting solid results, but just missing that edge and while he will no doubt have the occasional display of former glory in the future, it is unlikely we will see anything like the Rafa '08 steamrollage anymore. I call that a decline.

No, I was one of the folks who claimed Fed being in decline back in 2008 myself, and game-wise, it was indeed the start of it. I just wanted to point out that even if a player comes into a (slight) decline - which I indeed think is happening to Rafa now as well - it's a harsh overreaction to completely write off that player in terms of 'will never win anything important anymore again' like I see happening so often on this forum. I might well have expressed myself a little more clearly about this in my earlier post. We actually rather agree with each other. :)
Fed grabbed three more GS titles after his obvious decline started (and there might well still be another big title for him coming, he's still a main contender in my book) - and I surely wouldn't count out the same happening for Rafa as well.

dodo
10-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Well, yea. Being in decline certainly doesnt mean either of them need to retire tomorrow or anytime soon. It just means expectations need to be adjusted. They are both still serious contenders at slams, which is a pretty good position to be in as a professional tennis player, but a big step down from their former "lock for win" status.

moon language
10-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Without knowing exactly what Nadal was told of the Murray quote it's hard to pass much judgement on this. Did Murray specify the top 4, or did he just say top players? How was the question that was posed to Nadal that resulted in this quote of his worded exactly?

Also some people seem to be missing that Nadal does acknowledge that Djokovic has indeed raised his level.

zeleni
10-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Nadal is fine. If last two tournaments are excluded (post-USO was never his part of year), he was beating everyone this year except DJokovic. He will be huge force again next year.

Sunset of Age
10-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Also some people seem to be missing that Nadal does acknowledge that Djokovic has indeed raised his level.

That is obvious, I don't think anyone could really have missed that.
Point is that it is not 'just' Djokovic who does the 'damage' (allthough the massive majority of it, yeah), Rafa has also had a lot more tough matches against other players than in the previous years. At least I think so.
Judge not purely on the results of matches, look at the actual quality of play as well - Rafa just hasn't shown his great form of the past all throughout this year.

Egreen
10-14-2011, 07:30 PM
What Nadal said is very true. His level has absolutely declined, as has Federer's.

What also needs to be pointed out is how the level of play below the top 4 has dropped as well. In 2010 for a good portion of the season Soderling and Berdych were legitimate threats to the big 4 and were beating them in slams. They both had legitimate longshot chances to win a slam, and were considered a legitimate threat to the big 4.

With Soderling's injury and Berdych's down year there is currently literally no one outside of the big 4 who could be considered even a legitimate longshot to win the AO title. That hasn't been the case in some time.

Literally the only player who has gotten better is Djokovic.

Ditto.

Rodre Fegassi
10-14-2011, 07:59 PM
The worst thing that has declined is the serve. Nadal went from an awful server in 2005 to a decent server in 2007 to a great server in 2008-2010. Now his serve is worse than in 2007 and closer to 2005 level. And it's not just Djokovic who abuses it. Getting routinely broken by the likes of Golubev, Sweeting and Dodig tells you all you need to know about how bad his serve is compared to last year.

If his serve is so crap, why doesn't he just serve better?

That's the easiest part of the game to improve - you just stand there all day and hit serve after serve after serve.

And he should bulk up and hit the gym for fucks sake - hit the weighted chin ups, bench press, heavy fucking squats and deadlifts, get more explosive, faster and more powerful. It's a myth that lighter people are faster.

SaFed2005
10-14-2011, 09:44 PM
If Nadull and Faker play at the 02 and piglet wins then that sets the tone for next year. WTF are huge.

Not necessarily. Fed schooled everyone last year at the WTF and did nothing this year.

Shinoj
10-15-2011, 04:34 PM
you are in serious denial if you believe that, I have been watching tennis for a long time too and you are lying if you are saying the field is as strong or diverse as it was in the past. there are very few threats out of the top 10 in tennis these days, that alone says a lot

Nadal is right, there is nothing different about the field in 2011 than 2010 and if anything it's worse... Novak Djokovic is a greaet tennis player but he just plays an extremely consistant baseline game, it says enough that no players are good enough in 2011 to think of ways to beat him and that none even can have 'hot streak' days to beat him. it says a lot about this year, and it doesn't say anything good, oh wait i'm sorry... it says

one good thing about 2011 = Djokovic. the rest sucks

Thats right the field is worse.

I did some analysis on the Top ATP 10 now, 10 years back(Oct 2001) and 20 years back(Oct 1991)

Right now

1 Djokovic, Novak
2 Nadal, Rafael
3 Federer, Roger
4 Murray, Andy
5 Ferrer, David
6 Soderling, Robin
7 Berdych, Tomas (CZE)
8 Tsonga, Jo-Wilfried
9 Fish, Mardy (USA)
10 Monfils, Gael (FRA)

In 2001 October

1 Kuerten, Gustavo (BRA)
2 Agassi, Andre (USA)
3 Hewitt, Lleyton (AUS)
4 Rafter, Patrick (AUS)
5 Ferrero, Juan Carlos (ESP)
6 Kafelnikov, Yevgeny (RUS)
7 Safin, Marat (RUS)
8 Grosjean, Sebastien (FRA)
9 Henman, Tim (GBR)
10 Sampras, Pete (USA)

1991 October

1 Edberg, Stefan (SWE)
2 Becker, Boris (GER)
3 Courier, Jim (USA)
4 Stich, Michael (GER)
5 Lendl, Ivan (USA)
6 Forget, Guy (FRA)
7 Sampras, Pete (USA)
8 Agassi, Andre (USA)
9 Bruguera, Sergi (ESP)

If you compare the Top 10 out of 4 now, you have the likes of Berdych,Tsonga,Fish,Monfills, they pale in comparison to the Top 10 of 2001. Kafelnikov,Safin,Ferrero,Sampras. Honestly there is no comparison.

And if you compare these guys with the ones in 91

Sampras,Agassi,Bruguera,Lendl. Again the depth in Top 10 is appalling. The likes of Berdych,Tsonga,Fish,Monfills do not even have the right to tie the shoelaces of the legends like Kafelnikov,Rafter,Safin,Sampras,Bruguera and so on.

The depth right now is apalling.

guga2120
10-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Rafa is obviously wrong here. He has always gone out his way to praise the arrogant swiss clown on everything, but for whatever reason does not want to give the credit to Nole.

Doesn't change anything, Nole's 2011, best season ever.

ballbasher101
10-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Nadal played in three slam finals this year. He beat Roger as always but the Djoker has proved troublesome. Going to three finals is no mean feat. Djokovic has just been better than Nadal simple as that.

Sunset of Age
10-15-2011, 10:02 PM
Rafa is obviously wrong here. He has always gone out his way to praise the arrogant swiss clown on everything, but for whatever reason does not want to give the credit to Nole.

I understand it's unthinkable for you, but how about the possibility that Rafa likes & respects that 'arrogant swiss clown' a lot more than Djokovic? :rolleyes:

Naudio Spanlatine
10-16-2011, 12:31 AM
I understand it's unthinkable for you, but how about the possibility that Rafa likes & respects that 'arrogant swiss clown' a lot more than Djokovic? :rolleyes:
IKR!!!!!!!!!!!! it jus doesnt make any sense at all Roger has such a fake personality its not EVEN funny, he likes Kim Kardashian trying to be "PERFECT" all the time, even tho kim has NO talent at all, that TV WHORE:rolleyes:

guga2120
10-16-2011, 01:03 AM

I am fully aware of the way Rafa thinks of the Swiss. He does nothing but kiss his ass in his book, and go on about how great he is. :rolleyes: It's annoying.

He gets pissed when Novak dances on cars after beating him, but federer can, after everytime loses take away from his opponent, Rafa does not or has never seemed to be bothered by his childish arrogance.

rocketassist
10-16-2011, 02:15 AM
I am fully aware of the way Rafa thinks of the Swiss. He does nothing but kiss his ass in his book, and go on about how great he is. :rolleyes: It's annoying.

He gets pissed when Novak dances on cars after beating him, but federer can, after everytime loses take away from his opponent, Rafa does not or has never seemed to be bothered by his childish arrogance.

:rolls:

Naudio Spanlatine
10-16-2011, 02:40 AM
How about not making a new post every time a random thought pops into your head?
Also, the "Faker" and "Nadull" bullshit is old, bigtime. These are the two best tennis players in the world. You dont like them, we get it. Nobody cares.

THANK YOU:angel:

its like whats with the hatred towards Nole and Rafa, their the two best players by far this year so all of you haters of Nole and Rafa should GET A GUN AND END YOUR LIFE:rolleyes::o:(

Naudio Spanlatine
10-16-2011, 02:45 AM
Thats right the field is worse.

I did some analysis on the Top ATP 10 now, 10 years back(Oct 2001) and 20 years back(Oct 1991)

Right now

1 Djokovic, Novak
2 Nadal, Rafael
3 Federer, Roger
4 Murray, Andy
5 Ferrer, David
6 Soderling, Robin
7 Berdych, Tomas (CZE)
8 Tsonga, Jo-Wilfried
9 Fish, Mardy (USA) (Fish is deserving top 10)
10 Monfils, Gael (FRA)

In 2001 October

1 Kuerten, Gustavo (BRA)
2 Agassi, Andre (USA)
3 Hewitt, Lleyton (AUS)
4 Rafter, Patrick (AUS)
5 Ferrero, Juan Carlos (ESP)
6 Kafelnikov, Yevgeny (RUS)
7 Safin, Marat (RUS)
8 Grosjean, Sebastien (FRA)
9 Henman, Tim (GBR)
10 Sampras, Pete (USA)

1991 October

1 Edberg, Stefan (SWE)
2 Becker, Boris (GER)
3 Courier, Jim (USA)
4 Stich, Michael (GER)
5 Lendl, Ivan (USA)
6 Forget, Guy (FRA)
7 Sampras, Pete (USA)
8 Agassi, Andre (USA)
9 Bruguera, Sergi (ESP)

Da F$#%!!!!!!!:mad::sad:

Naudio Spanlatine
10-16-2011, 02:51 AM

I agree with the kissing the Swiss' ass part:rolleyes::o:unsure::sobbing:........:superlol : :superlol: :haha: :haha:

But he is not arrogant as you referred him to be.......yes hes mad that he lost to Nole......ARENT WE ALL....he not mad that Nole is dancing on the car of his celebration that he beat Rafa......hes not use to losing to Nole 6X IN A ROW......its unheard of for him....

Alex999
10-16-2011, 05:46 AM
THANK YOU:angel:

its like whats with the hatred towards Nole and Rafa, their the two best players by far this year so all of you haters of Nole and Rafa should GET A GUN AND END YOUR LIFE:rolleyes::o:(
true dat.
On the other hand, it's easy for Rafa to kiss Rogers a$$ because Rafa owns Federer. I'd be very miserable if one guy beat me 6 times in a row. It's easy to be humble and whatever when you are winning. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame Rafa for anything. I like him. He's done very well this year. It's just the Djokovic was a little bit better.

Shinoj
10-16-2011, 06:11 AM
That being said, Djokovic has been the best player ever for a single season. Thumping Nadal and the rest of the field regularly. Remarkable.