Twitter/Official FB account [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Twitter/Official FB account

cobalt60
10-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Since this is an organization near and dear to me I just had to post this twit:

"Tomorrow, thanks to the initiative of makeawish.org I am going to know a new friend. I am anxious from which the moment arrives."

He is someone's wish- how absolute lovely. :worship:

http://twitter.com/#!/delpotrojuan
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Juan-Mart%C3%ADn-del-Potro/245291448857687

cobalt60
10-15-2011, 04:20 AM
Les dejo para que vean y disfruten del hermoso momento que pasamos junto a Margarita. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3eEzm2RDKM&feature=youtu.be

LawrenceOfTennis
10-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Lovely.

Carlita
10-16-2011, 09:15 PM
:hearts: that's so sweet!!! :awww:

cobalt60
10-16-2011, 09:19 PM
The video of him and the young teen was so wonderful to me. So many times I have seen all age groups just back away from people with cancer and yet he didn't. Hugs and pats on the arm from him really shows what his character is I think. Of course one never really knows does one?

Carlita
10-16-2011, 09:46 PM
He's a lovely guy! (I can't believe he scared me half to death a few years ago in Madrid :o) It was so touching to see...he called her name and she was :eek: and straight into his arms!!! The fact he's like a giant makes it even more :awww: to me. Totally adorable!!!

It's like when Fernando made this video with a little girl who has Downes Syndrome. So sweet!!!! I think both Fer and JM are good at this sort of thing. You can send them out to cheer up kids and make a wish come true.

LawrenceOfTennis
10-16-2011, 10:22 PM
JMDP has the biggest heart. Great champion and person.

cobalt60
10-17-2011, 12:30 AM
He's a lovely guy! (I can't believe he scared me half to death a few years ago in Madrid :o) It was so touching to see...he called her name and she was :eek: and straight into his arms!!! The fact he's like a giant makes it even more :awww: to me. Totally adorable!!!

It's like when Fernando made this video with a little girl who has Downes Syndrome. So sweet!!!! I think both Fer and JM are good at this sort of thing. You can send them out to cheer up kids and make a wish come true.

I can only assume he scared you because of his height? I remember seeing that video of Fernando and the little girl; also very sweet!

Carlita
10-17-2011, 09:18 AM
I can only assume he scared you because of his height? I remember seeing that video of Fernando and the little girl; also very sweet! Well, Im not the smallest chica on the planet :lol: (6') But, he's a giant next to me.....and I didnt see him coming.... so back then he had his long hair, tied up on top of his head, adding extra height, and he was running towards me.....so :eek: I freaked :lol:

LawrenceOfTennis
10-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Well, Im not the smallest chica on the planet :lol: (6') But, he's a giant next to me.....and I didnt see him coming.... so back then he had his long hair, tied up on top of his head, adding extra height, and he was running towards me.....so :eek: I freaked :lol:

Wow Litita, you're tall. :)
I like tall women. I'm 6'2", it's not too tall for a 21 old guy I guess. Would be funny to stand next to Delpo.

cobalt60
10-17-2011, 09:47 PM
wow- and I am all of 5'3'' :lol: And most likely will shrink over the ensuing decade;)

cobalt60
11-19-2011, 12:58 AM
updated by the man of few twitters a link to a FB page with a nice video.

Translated: I share with all this video of gratefulness to my followers, family, friendly, equipment and sponsors, by all the support and the support that offered me during this year that started difficult and that it finishes very well.

Naudio Spanlatine
11-19-2011, 02:24 AM
Well, Im not the smallest chica on the planet :lol: (6') But, he's a giant next to me.....and I didnt see him coming.... so back then he had his long hair, tied up on top of his head, adding extra height, and he was running towards me.....so :eek: I freaked :lol:

damn u tall......im only 5"8' 1/2:sad:

Naudio Spanlatine
11-19-2011, 02:25 AM

Translated: I share with all this video of gratefulness to my followers, family, friendly, equipment and sponsors, by all the support and the support that offered me during this year that started difficult and that it finishes very well.

:hug: its ok juanito you do better next year;)

Getta
11-19-2011, 05:17 AM

Juan quietly satisfied with his improving game this year, just love his no nonsense attitude :D

thanks, Sue :yeah:

cobalt60
11-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Juan quietly satisfied with his improving game this year, just love his no nonsense attitude :D

thanks, Sue :yeah:

And humility. Comes across as such a nice, down to earth, and mature man.

LawrenceOfTennis
11-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Juan better be a bit more wicked and mean on court. Hope next year he will try to wipe the court with some of his rivals.

cobalt60
11-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Juan better be a bit more wicked and mean on court. Hope next year he will try to wipe the court with some of his rivals.

I don't think it is a question of being "mean"- I think he is extremely competitive and typically quite focused. Like many he needs that focus, concentration and rhythm to get into the winning groove. Plus he seems to be very smart on the court. Which is why he did so well at the end of 2008 and 2009. I would like to see him come to the net again like he did those years and shorten up those points! Hmmm not sure this post belongs on this thread but hey............. I need me some DC to watch :lol:

LawrenceOfTennis
11-19-2011, 08:56 PM
I don't think it is a question of being "mean"- I think he is extremely competitive and typically quite focused. Like many he needs that focus, concentration and rhythm to get into the winning groove. Plus he seems to be very smart on the court. Which is why he did so well at the end of 2008 and 2009. I would like to see him come to the net again like he did those years and shorten up those points! Hmmm not sure this post belongs on this thread but hey............. I need me some DC to watch :lol:

Agreed. He definetely has net game, just needs to play it more. His 1st serve is big enough to rush up to the net after hitting it. Against that guy in Wimbledon 4th round he hit some beautiful volleys.

Naudio Spanlatine
11-19-2011, 08:58 PM
what if juanito turns demon like next year, like one of those silent killers :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

he was in 2009:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

cobalt60
11-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Well well. Always find this so amazing. He must have read one of the comments on his FB as he has put the video up a second time with english subtitles. You go Juan :yeah: Of at least someone did :p

CelesteBlanca
11-22-2011, 02:34 PM
And he began to say English on Twitter! So sweet and so nice!