Do you think Davy will be back next year? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Do you think Davy will be back next year?

misty1
10-11-2011, 09:54 PM
With his latest injury it looks like davy's season might be over now. He's got a QF to defend in paris and if he cant play that he'll drop out of the top 50. He has said in an interview that once his ranking gets to the point where he cant get into masters directly that he will retire.

It seemed like davy was getting his game and confidence back before the hip injury, which makes the timing even worse.

do you think davy will call it quits this year or will he play for a while next year and try and get his ranking back up again and if he cant retire during the season next year?

Orka_n
10-11-2011, 10:01 PM
I feel his retirement isn't far off. Which of course is a great loss for the sport. :sad: But maybe he'll try one more year.

EddieNero
10-11-2011, 10:01 PM
He will be bald, not sure If back.

MaxPower
10-11-2011, 10:13 PM
He has said in an interview that once his ranking gets to the point where he cant get into masters directly that he will retire.

do you think davy will call it quits this year or will he play for a while next year and try and get his ranking back up again and if he cant retire during the season next year?

I think most players want to quit on their own terms. Not because of injury. So I think he will try to get back

Sunset of Age
10-11-2011, 10:29 PM
:sad: Yep, I think Davydenko's retirement is near, but not yet this year - pretty sure he'll try to come back once more, but if he fails in doing so badly, with which I mean not getting any decent wins anymore, he'll most definitely call it quits somewhere during 2012.
I can ony hope I'm totally wrong about this, as it would mean the end of the career of one of the most endearing, entertaining, and funny guys around on the tour for over the past ten years...

emotion
10-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Does he not get a PR?

abraxas21
10-11-2011, 11:01 PM
He will be bald, not sure If back.

wow thats clever. did you make it up all by yourself? :rolleyes:

Ibracadabra
10-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Does he not get a PR?

Need to be injured for 6months to get PR

Topspindoctor
10-12-2011, 01:30 AM
No and hopefully he'll retire. A player with zero charisma, robotic groundies and no hair.

misty1
10-12-2011, 01:37 AM
No and hopefully he'll retire. A player with zero charisma, robotic groundies and no hair.

if you dont want him back fine but there's no reason to launch a personal attack on him every time you post something about him. Besides if yopu really have that much of a problem with baldness what are you going to do when nadal loses his hair in a few years time?

Johnny Groove
10-12-2011, 01:39 AM
Seems like another Olympics 2012 retiree.

Sad to see a great player go.

Orka_n
10-12-2011, 01:57 AM
No and hopefully he'll retire. A player with zero charismalike Nadal
robotic groundieslike Nadal
and no hair.also like Nadal

shiaben
10-12-2011, 02:06 AM
if you dont want him back fine but there's no reason to launch a personal attack on him every time you post something about him. Besides if yopu really have that much of a problem with baldness what are you going to do when nadal loses his hair in a few years time?

He was being sarcastic in a friendly way, but part the part about lacking charisma is very true though.

He competes for money, not for the glory of the sport.

Perhaps there was a time earlier in his career where he did care, about after his shady behavior (i.e. match-fixing), I've lost respect in him.

Sunset of Age
10-12-2011, 02:07 AM

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Topspindoctor
10-12-2011, 02:22 AM
He was being sarcastic in a friendly way, but part the part about lacking charisma is very true though.

He competes for money, not for the glory of the sport.

Perhaps there was a time earlier in his career where he did care, about after his shady behavior (i.e. match-fixing), I've lost respect in him.

Spot on.

He doesn't respect the sport that gave him everything including his trophy wife. He only plays for money. He fixed in the past. He failed in slams despite his supposed talent. He is overrated and his game is predictable and mechanical.

His only "fans" are Nadal haters, simple as that.

Imperfect Angel
10-12-2011, 02:46 AM
Don't think so. He's already in his 30s, right?:shrug:

Orka_n
10-12-2011, 03:52 AM
Spot on.

He doesn't respect the sport that gave him everything including his trophy wife. He only plays for money. He fixed in the past. He failed in slams despite his supposed talent. He is overrated and his game is predictable and mechanical.

His only "fans" are Nadal haters, simple as that.You only hate him because his H2H vs Nadal is 6-4, stop bullshitting.

Also, "predictable game"? And this comes from a Nadal fan? Davydenko has a rare game, no one takes the ball as early as him nowadays. He may not be strong mentally but that's hardly a reason to hate him. Plus, you've obviously not seen any interviews with him or his wife since they're quite a bit more charismatic than your Spartan hero and his militant family.

Sunset of Age
10-12-2011, 03:54 AM

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Kind advice: look in the mirror - as it is YOU who seems to 'hate' any player that beats Rafa. Guess what, true tennis fans do not 'hate' a player that manages to beat one's favourite once in a while, but rather appreciate the guy for such a great achievement. Shouldn't be that hard.

misty1
10-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Spot on.

you really think you know everything dont you

Rodre Fegassi
10-12-2011, 01:41 PM
topspin doctor - you ain't got a thing nice to say about any player. Everyone is a 'mug' or a 'clown'. Including Nadal when he loses to one of these mugs and clowns that the whole ATP tour supposedly consists of. Pick another sport seeing as you hate tennis so clearly.

Rodre Fegassi
10-12-2011, 01:43 PM
and btw, if Davy can spank Nadal whilst not even caring about tennis, imagine if he did care and put some proper effort into his game?

BroTree123
10-12-2011, 01:44 PM
I hope so, he's good for the game.

Filo V.
10-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Don't think he'll retire until at least after next year. But how he does in Doha will probably be representative of the season he'll have, because he's done great there for several years now. An early loss there will just come off as a continuation of these past couple seasons of mediocrity.

Filo V.
10-12-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm a Nadal fan, as everyone should know by now, and Davydenko is in my second tier of favorite players. Awesome game to watch in full flight, funny guy off the court.

If Davydenko's movement doesn't recover he'll never be anything but average again. He's already lost sharpness in his movement from when he was at his peak. His footwork was one of his top 2 or 3 big weapons. Without it he's not got a lot to impose himself on players.

TBkeeper
10-12-2011, 02:28 PM
I hope Davydenko do not retire ! ! ! for god's sake please you mustn't retire !

Crazy Girl
10-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Seems like another Olympics 2012 retiree.

Sad to see a great player go.Johnny!!!!!!!:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:
:bigcry: :bigcry:

Crazy Girl
10-13-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm a Nadal fan, as everyone should know by now, and Davydenko is in my second tier of favorite players. Awesome game to watch in full flight, funny guy off the court.

If Davydenko's movement doesn't recover he'll never be anything but average again. He's already lost sharpness in his movement from when he was at his peak. His footwork was one of his top 2 or 3 big weapons. Without it he's not got a lot to impose himself on players.

:bigcry::bigcry:

LawrenceOfTennis
10-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Yes. He will be back for some tennis watching.

Crazy Girl
10-13-2011, 05:33 PM
topspin doctor - you ain't got a thing nice to say about any player. Everyone is a 'mug' or a 'clown'. Including Nadal when he loses to one of these mugs and clowns that the whole ATP tour supposedly consists of. Pick another sport seeing as you hate tennis so clearly.

:bigclap::bigclap::bigclap::bigclap::bigclap:

Crazy Girl
10-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Spot on.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Listen to me Doctor,

You're a big stupid,
informe yourself!!!!!
:p:p:p

Crazy Girl
10-13-2011, 05:40 PM
:sad: Yep, I think Davydenko's retirement is near, but not yet this year - pretty sure he'll try to come back once more, but if he fails in doing so badly, with which I mean not getting any decent wins anymore, he'll most definitely call it quits somewhere during 2012.
I can ony hope I'm totally wrong about this, as it would mean the end of the career of one of the most endearing, entertaining, and funny guys around on the tour for over the past ten years...

:hug::hug: KARIN!!! :sad::sad:

Sunset of Age
10-13-2011, 05:42 PM
:hug::hug: KARIN!!! :sad::sad:

:hug: :hug: :hug: