Shanghai R1: Raonic def. Llodra 6(2)-7, 6-2, 7-6(5) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Shanghai R1: Raonic def. Llodra 6(2)-7, 6-2, 7-6(5)

Kat_YYZ
10-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Milos looking like his old self here, in that he kept his composure throughout the match. Was up a break on Llodra in the last set, got broken when serving for the match, but still managed to win in the TB :yeah:

Deivid23
10-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Bizarre behaviour from Llodra. From ultra motivated and sharp in the 1st set, to mode Idontgiveaflyingfuck on next. Nasty stuff

Snowwy
10-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Milos looking like his old self here, in that he kept his composure throughout the match. Was up a break on Llodra in the last set, got broken when serving for the match, but still managed to win in the TB :yeah:

Milos needing 3 to beat Llodra isn't Milos at himself. Milos beat Llodra in straight sets in Montreal in 2009 when he was ranked in the mid 700s.

BroTree123
10-11-2011, 12:26 PM
:bowdown:

The Magician
10-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Milos needing 3 to beat Llodra isn't Milos at himself. Milos beat Llodra in straight sets in Montreal in 2009 when he was ranked in the mid 700s.

Talk about overconfidence :o Raonic may be a good player and he may be a great player in the future, but Llondra is always a scary opponent and was by far the favorite in this matchup. I was cheering for Raonic because he needs this win more, but he almost lost to a Llondra who didn't seem to care and had worse stats in every department. Not a good sign :wavey:

Ashlar77
10-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Well done to Milos for pulling out the victory after chocking away that lead in the third. Any win is great right now as he attempts to get back on track. :yeah:

RonaldGomez
10-11-2011, 12:31 PM
I think that Mika will stop playing singles quite soon.

Cazorla
10-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Raoniс back!

Snowwy
10-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Talk about overconfidence :o Raonic may be a good player and he may be a great player in the future, but Llondra is always a scary opponent and was by far the favorite in this matchup. I was cheering for Raonic because he needs this win more, but he almost lost to a Llondra who didn't seem to care and had worse stats in every department. Not a good sign :wavey:

I agree, we are saying the exact same thing. ;)

m9m9m9m9m9
10-11-2011, 12:37 PM
not optimistic against Ferrer in 2nd round

Asadinator
10-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Good stuff by Raonic.

Kat_YYZ
10-11-2011, 12:39 PM

oh come on, be realistic. He's hardly played matches against top 50 guys since his surgery and time off. I didn't say Milos was back, just that he was looking more like himself; it's going to take time.

Bizarre behaviour from Llodra. From ultra motivated and sharp in the 1st set, to mode Idontgiveaflyingfuck on next. Nasty stuff

Llodra does this quite often, which is why even though he has an attractive playing style and seems like a nice fellow, I can never really get behind him.

tennizen
10-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Big choke in the third but held together nicely in the tiebreak.

The Magician
10-11-2011, 12:43 PM
I agree, we are saying the exact same thing. ;)

Oh, well OK then :mad::p

timafi
10-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Mika give Amelie another call again from today on until the off season to workout again and practice:shrug:

romismak
10-11-2011, 12:54 PM
I´m happy Milos is next round, but really he wasn´t so good. First of all what a choke- mental thing to lost 1st time your serve when you are serving for match- this just can´t happen to him against better players, secondly, his serve wasn´t so good- yes he was firing 220km/h and more a lot, but only 11 aces in 3 sets- that is bellow average for Milos and also points won on 1st serve 73% only, he was playing Llodra not good returner, i am not optimistic about his next game against Ferrer. David will break him at least once in each set, the question is will he be able to break him back? Today in rallies quite a lot of mistakes and David is a wall... so i am not optimistic about his next match.

KoOlMaNsEaN
10-11-2011, 01:31 PM
:bigclap: I'm really happy to see that Milos is back on track after the injury, I was in doubt as to whether he would recover enough to post any wins this year but here he is :)

Pirata.
10-11-2011, 06:08 PM
not optimistic against Ferrer in 2nd round

David is always a very tough player for the young guys to beat.

tennisfan856
10-11-2011, 06:30 PM
i am getting the vibe that once those points from paris come off, we won't be seeing llodra in the top 50 for a while, or even ever again.

EddieNero
10-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Who's he playing next?

FormerRafaFan
10-11-2011, 07:22 PM
well.. a bit of rust is expected. Milos is definitely not completely back to his old self yet, but he is getting there, and the fact that he managed to pull off the victory, despite it being REALLY hard speaks volumes. Hopefully he'll continue to improve until he gets his old form back

FormerRafaFan
10-11-2011, 07:27 PM
I´m happy Milos is next round, but really he wasn´t so good. First of all what a choke- mental thing to lost 1st time your serve when you are serving for match- this just can´t happen to him against better players, secondly, his serve wasn´t so good- yes he was firing 220km/h and more a lot, but only 11 aces in 3 sets- that is bellow average for Milos and also points won on 1st serve 73% only, he was playing Llodra not good returner, i am not optimistic about his next game against Ferrer. David will break him at least once in each set, the question is will he be able to break him back? Today in rallies quite a lot of mistakes and David is a wall... so i am not optimistic about his next match.

I'm sorry, but WTF did you expect?!?! he literally just came back from a LONG injury break. Of course he won't be playing his best, he just came back ffs! The most important thing is not to win anyway, but to get match practice with a few matches under his belt. Yes, he probably won't win against David, but so what? he gets some match practice, which is the most important thing for Milos right now, to play matches and find his form again

Agrajag
10-11-2011, 09:02 PM
i am getting the vibe that once those points from paris come off, we won't be seeing llodra in the top 50 for a while, or even ever again.

You are probably right, but you never know. If the surface is as fast as it was, Llodra may ride the crowd to another big result there. He usually shows up guns blazing in France.

michellej
10-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Here's what Raoni said about the Llodra match

THE CANADIAN PRESS

SHANGHAI, China -- Canadian Milos Raonic struggled to defeat Michael Llodra 6-7 (2), 6-2, 7-6 (5) on Tuesday in the first round of the Shanghai Masters.

The 20-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., ranked 31st in the world, has never lost to the 33rd-ranked Llodra and had dropped only one set previously. But Llodra pushed him in a match that lasted more than two hours 15 minutes.

Raonic is still finding his groove after surgery following a injury at Wimbledon.

"I'm not expecting a lot from myself right now," Raonic said. "I'm happy just to find a way to win and hope to get better and better.

"I'm happy with how I fought through it, the game feels like it's coming back. But I'm still missing the instincts, the sense of what to do on the court. I need to regain the competitive spirit. ... I'm just glad I have the opportunity to play again."

allpro
10-11-2011, 10:39 PM
llodra is milos's bitch.