Casey Anthony prosecution [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Casey Anthony prosecution

@Sweet Cleopatra
10-08-2011, 11:47 PM
So I keep reading about the case, and I can't figure out why they charged her with first degree murder. :confused:

Murder: Under U.S. federal law, murder is the unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought.
At base, murder consists of an intentional unlawful act with a design to kill and fatal consequences.

First Degree Murder is any murder that is willful and premeditated. Felony Murder is typically first degree.

Second Degree Murder is a murder that is not premeditated or planned in advance.

Voluntary Manslaughter is any intentional killing that involved no prior intent to kill

Involuntary Manslaughter stems from unintentional, but reckless or criminally negligent behavior. A drunk driving-related death is typically involuntary manslaughter.

The funny thing, is that they charged her with all of the above, thus, proves that as prosecutes, they don't know any thing about the case. And, they want jurors to chose one of the scenarios.

Stupidity. I would have charged her with child neglect, because this is the only thing I can prove.

buddyholly
10-09-2011, 12:23 PM
What evidence was there for child neglect?

Maybe it was another case of not being able to prove the charges in a courtroom, but her computer searches for ''chloroform'', her many lies about where the baby was, the phantom babysitter stories and the partying in nightclubs while her daughter was still ''missing'' pretty much sums up her guilt.

Not to mention her coutroom defense of having been molested sexually by her Dad, and her mother's outrageous attempt to claim that it was she herself that mistakenly googled ''chloroform'' while she was actually searching for ''chlorophyll''. You might do that once, but not about sixteen times.

And most damning of all, if you killed your daughter by neglect, would you cover her mouth and nose with duct tape before dumping her in the woods?