open de moselle (Metz) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

open de moselle (Metz)

Marine
10-13-2004, 09:42 PM
2 round:

Richard won 6/3 4/6 7/5 vs Dupuis
Gael Monfils beat Malisse (who retired in the second set)

omg, it's national competition or what, so many french players in the draw :eek:
Paulo, Serra, Haehnel, Simon, Giquel, Mutis, Mahut, Arnaud, Benneteau, Carraz, Richard, Ascione, Dupuis, Patience, Monfils ...>15/32 :lol:
And they're all able to lose before the final of course... :o

Via
10-14-2004, 12:40 AM
that's right, it's france v rest of the world :D

davis cup being a five matches, four guys format doesn't suit france that much.... they can send a dozen men to battle, easily

why pessimistic marine? there's almost 50% chance the champion will be french ;)

Marine
10-14-2004, 09:22 PM
tomorrow, quarters:

Ivan Ljubicic / Paul-Henri Mathieu
Jérôme Haehnel / Arnaud Clément

Julien Benneteau or Jeff Morrison / Corretja
Richard Gasquet / Gael Monfils

Via
10-15-2004, 12:36 AM
now it's 5 out 8 frenchies

Marine
10-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Paulo beat Ljubicic 7/6 6/4 and Richard beat Gael 6/4 6/1. :)

michelleg
10-15-2004, 06:25 PM
But Benet lost last night <<sob>> sad, especially since I saw him beat Morrisson in Miami this past year.....

Marine
10-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Arnaud lost against Haehnel 5/7 6/2 7/5 :sad:

At least, I know who I'll cheer at the next round.....allez Pauloooo !

Via
10-16-2004, 12:20 AM
well arnaud's strung 2 wins in a row, and he's still in the doubles, so it's a happy tourney for him in recently times :)

it will be a dream final for the frenchies, if it's paulo v richard ??

Via
10-17-2004, 01:30 AM
hey!!!!!!!!! arnaud's in the final!!!!!!!!! hwere's everybody????

doubles i mean ;P

richard will play arnaud and paulo's conqueror... strange thing to say but little richard is probably more experienced than the other guy. i hope he wins his first here!

Marine
10-17-2004, 07:37 PM
Arnaud Clément / Nicolas Mahut beat Ljubicic / Uros Vico 6/2 7/6 (8) :)
Ok, he won something, it's not great it's just good for his moral.

Richard lost in final against Haehnel :mad:
I saw the match, Arnaud too, he was waiting for the double match, and he went to the room with the commentators to speak about him and about Richard etc...he was cool and adorable as usually. ;)

Marine
10-17-2004, 08:50 PM
http://www.fft.fr/evenements2004/metz-2004/album7/images/04.jpg
http://www.fft.fr/evenements2004/metz-2004/album7/images/05.jpg

Via
10-18-2004, 12:49 AM
from the atp site,
WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID

Haehnel: “I don’t know what to say. I can’t think at the moment. This is great and unbelievable.”

“The best moment of the week was today’s match point. It was never ending, I just went for it because I didn’ t want to regret anything or do an unforced error. When his last shot went out it was such a relief, probably my best career memory.”

Gasquet: “I am happy about this week. It was my first indoor tournament this season and my first career final, I can’t be disappointed.”

“Jerome played really well, I had my occasions but he was there all the time and I couldn’t do anything.”

“My objective until the end of the season is to play as many good matches as possible in Basel and Bercy.”

Clement: " We are very happy to claim the title here in Metz. I really enjoy playing doubles and it was nice to play with Nicolas [Mahut] this week. We had a lot of fun playing together this week."

Mahut: "It is great to win again here. I was happy to play next to Arnaud [Clement] who is such a great player. I hope he will be able to come back to his top level in singles as well."

yes thanks for the thought.... i hope so too :)

stephB
10-18-2004, 02:05 PM
what a nice tournament with all the french guys :) and really really nice that arnaud won with nicolas the doubles :) they really are a good team!

Via
10-19-2004, 12:46 AM
steph.... do you have more to tell us? did you go to the tourney?

stephB
10-20-2004, 12:59 PM
yes. i´ve been there :) but at this tourney they have a really stupid action. the kids day. i mean at every other tourneys they have it too, but there...you cannot come in before 5p.m. the matches before you cannot see........unbelievable...

Marine
10-20-2004, 01:22 PM
:confused: not before 5pm ? why, if you pay ??

Marine
10-20-2004, 03:14 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/media/insiderpics/2004/metz_benz.jpg

stephB
10-20-2004, 05:00 PM
nice pic marine!
well, i dont know why you have to stay outside till 5p.m. also when you pay. you can get in at 5p.m. not before. and you have to pay the whole prize....really unbelievable.

Marine
10-20-2004, 05:36 PM
hmmmm :scratch: I've maybe one explanation ; they saw you're foreigner, so they swindled you :lol:

(no, really, that's weird...it's not like that in Bercy)

stephB
10-20-2004, 06:55 PM
and not like at every other tournaments.......i really never heard about that before...

stephB
10-20-2004, 07:01 PM
found another pic infront of the car :)

Via
10-21-2004, 01:13 AM
well they do have a thing called night matches in other tourneys lol..... but the tickets won't be the same price.

i guess then steph you didn't see arnaud or anyone in practice???? :sad:

kukka
10-21-2004, 02:18 PM
I still can't believe that Jérôme won Metz! :eek: :D I've followed his results and progress for few years now and I knew that he can win these big matches. But it's still amazing how quickly things 'clicked' for him in Metz. Eight matches won in nine days in a real achievement! :worship:

Félicitations, Jérôme! :hearts: :woohoo:

Elina :umbrella:

PS. I'm off to Stockholm Open tomorrow evening. I don't know if any French players will be there but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone will show up in qualies. ;)

Via
10-22-2004, 12:58 AM
PS. I'm off to Stockholm Open tomorrow evening. I don't know if any French players will be there but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone will show up in qualies. ;)

:eek: nono???? *fingers crossed*

Via
10-23-2004, 01:04 AM
well elina won't be back in ages so i may just add that nono is *not* on the qualie draw of stockholm... nor basel.

he has followed seb's lead :(

stephB
10-23-2004, 12:11 PM
he is in the main draw for russia :( strange, isnt it???
@via it was possible to watch practise. in the first days they practise between (and in the evening after) some matches on court 1 and till wednesday or thursday ( i cannot remember exactly) there were no matches on court 1 so all players had the whole day the whole court 1 :)

stephB
10-23-2004, 12:14 PM
oh elina!
have fun there. won´t see you there this year because i think i won´t come :) otherwise i´m very very very spontaneous this year *lol*

Via
10-24-2004, 01:54 AM
yes steph... :eek: russia is truly the last place i'd look for a little guy called nono... i suppose he had made his commitment early too, otherwise with his current ranking he should be playing qualies!

i'm glad he hasn't ended his season yet :D i hope he'll kind of play back into form......

stephB
10-24-2004, 12:33 PM
yes, me too. do you know why arnaud didnt play madrid? because of qualis???
..russia..i really never expected arnaud there to play. i was kind of shocked when i read his name on the list...i was so sure he would play in basel like he used to...but there enough frenchies *lol*

kukka
11-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Ok, this doesn't really belong to this thread or even on this part of the forum actually, but I mentioned here that I was going to Stockholm Open. I had great time there despite both Frenchies (Mahut & Faurel) lost already in the qualies. Plenty of time for me to support my faves from other countries. ;) I wrote a journal of my time at the tournament and it's now on my website together with some pics (not very good ones...). Anyway, here's the link if someone is interested:

My journal from Stockholm Open 2004 (http://www.geocities.com/elinastennissite/stockholm2004.html)

Take care,

Elina :umbrella: