What would you do in this situation? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What would you do in this situation?

@Sweet Cleopatra
10-05-2011, 04:23 AM
One of my friends wrote that to me, and I can't decide??

"Imagine that many things are going in your mind.
You don't know which realities of it are the truth.
The reality is sometimes hard for you to reach any more with your own mind.
When you reach it, you do it after a huge war between you and also you, cause your mind is in many times in conflict between many thoughts.
I am afraid thoughts that are not real may get out of my controlling mind after not being able to fight any more"

I can't really decide what should I say to my friend, he looks so normal, but he seems to be afraid of things going out of control.

What should I say to him?

buddyholly
10-05-2011, 04:42 AM
If your friend can not tell you what these conflicting thoughts are, then there is not much you can do.

If they are sexual urges or something where the ''wrongness'' is more imagined than real, then it is probably no big deal, he may have been conditioned from childhood to think such thoughts are wrong, when really they are not.
If he thinks about harming others, it is a very big deal.

So I guess your reply might be, "If you feel you can't tell these thoughts to a friend, then maybe you could tell them to a doctor and confidentiality will be assured.

@Sweet Cleopatra
10-05-2011, 04:51 AM
From what I understand, My friend problem is that he loses the sense of reality sometimes. And he feels he is not one person.

buddyholly
10-05-2011, 05:08 AM
Not my field, but it is what I think schizophrenia would be like.
So I looked it up and it said ''if the patient hears two or more voices having a discussion, then he may be schizophrenic.''
So you have to tell him he should see a doctor, especially if you have noticed him becoming less sociable, less organised etc.

@Sweet Cleopatra
10-05-2011, 05:37 AM
No, he is having problem with thoughts that can't be real. He is unable to get it out of his mind although he is totally convinced those thoughts can't be real. When the thoughts get more space in his mind than it should, he is able to stop it after a huge fight which leaves him totally exhausted. He is so afraid that after a time, he won't be able to fight any more.

Macbrother
10-05-2011, 08:08 AM
Direct him to a psychological professional. Also putting down the crack pipe might help, if he does drugs.

Pfloyd
10-05-2011, 10:25 AM
It could be some sort of obsessive compulsive disorder.

OCD is not limited to physical activity, it can be manifest in many ways, including having repeated thoughts of a strange nature.

Of course, professional help would be best.

scoobs
10-05-2011, 10:28 AM
The only thing you can advise is for him to see a doctor to see if he needs referral to a mental health professional if possible. He should at least be assessed.

Start da Game
10-05-2011, 01:00 PM
idle brain is devil's workshop......tell your friend to do some hard physical labour, he should be fine in 2 months......

EddceLLent
10-05-2011, 01:27 PM
I can sort of sympathise with this, i've had times where i've been overwhelmed by the volume of thoughts passing through my mind - it's horrible, everything seems to contradict everything else and I never understood anything because I couldn't think about anything for long enough before I got distracted by something else. It was like trying to speak to about five people on the phone at the same time. I had so many thoughts but because they contradicted each other I couldn't quite work out what "reality" was.

I'm fine now and I never saw anyone about it, which perhaps was a bit silly as I might've been able to stop it much earlier than I eventually did. If your friend is taking drugs or anything i'd advise them to stop that straight away, advise them to see a doctor and above all remember that it's totally normal for people to have mental problems...people would be surprised how many people are affected by mental issues at some point in their life. The support is there, you just have to have the will to seek it out.

Har-Tru
10-05-2011, 03:55 PM
I agree with Pfloyd it might be some sort of severe anxiety disorder, perhaps OCD indeed.

In any case as others have said, he should seek some medical counseling.

Tzar
10-05-2011, 04:05 PM
I can't believe people think Sweetcleo is real person. Keep trolling away

Sapeod
10-05-2011, 04:57 PM
I can't believe people think Sweetcleo is real person. Keep trolling away
+1.

The threads lately :tape: