TMS Madrid [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

TMS Madrid

Enano
10-13-2004, 04:48 PM
Please vote for Alex so that he gets the wildcard for the MS Madrid in www.marca.com

Scroll down to "elige el wild card para el masters de Madrid" and vote for Alex!!!
Right now David Sanchez has more than 50% of the votes and Alex is second with 25%. You can vote as
many times as you want.

Corredian's_Mind
10-13-2004, 05:27 PM
yes!!! you must vote then he'll have a wildcard!!!!
please. do it!!!!!

thanks for him :) lol

HybridTheory
10-13-2004, 06:02 PM
ok I voted 8 times already ;)

Come on people vote for him!!! :)

HybridTheory
10-13-2004, 06:35 PM
is it normal when i voted i get a white screen?

Björki
10-14-2004, 04:59 PM
It looks like Alex got the WC :D
I don't understand Spanish. But there is
only Alex picture on www.marca.com

HybridTheory
10-14-2004, 05:26 PM
El ganador ha sido Álex Corretja

yes :D It says he got the Wild Card
Thanks for the news Bjorki!! :)

HybridTheory
10-14-2004, 05:28 PM
Well than it hasn't been for nothing, 10000 times of voting :p

HybridTheory
10-14-2004, 07:22 PM
From www.alexcorretja.com

It was announced Thursday that Alex had won a wild card into Masters Series Madrid after he received the most votes by fans on www.marca.com. Alex wishes to thank the fans who voted for him: "Thank you all for your support and your votes; I will not dissapoint you next week."
________

:D

JaredPalmerFan
10-16-2004, 10:20 AM
*YAY* I was just about to post this snippet from www.tennis-x.com

Alex Corretja has been awarded a wildcard at Madrid for winning the Marca newspaper poll on who among the Spanish players outside the main draw should receive a wildcard..

*WOOHOO*

VAMOS ALEX

Jac

HybridTheory
10-17-2004, 02:15 PM
The Main Draw is out

Henman-Bye
Labadze vs Costa
Q vs Ljubicic
Schuettler-Bye

Chela-Bye
Q vs Calleri
Q vs Cañas
J. Johansson-Bye

Nalbandian-Bye
Soderling vs Mayer
Corretja vs Ferrer
Srichaphan-Bye

Novak-Bye
Malisse vs Haas
Dent vs Youzhny
Massu-Bye
---------------------------
Ferrero-Bye
Horna vs Arazi
Ancic vs Fish
Pavel-Bye

Gonzalez-Bye
Schalken vs Q
Karlovic vs Lopez
Safin-Bye

Robredo-Bye
Q vs Ginepri
Bjorkman vs Verdasco
Hrbaty-Bye

Spadea-Bye
Nadal vs Sanguinetti
Sanchez vs Q
Agassi-Bye

Well, it's going to be dificult for Alex, against Ferrer, but it's possible for sure!
Come On Alex!! :hug:

Corredian's_Mind
10-17-2004, 03:56 PM
tough draw....best of luck to him. he always got troubles to play spanish player.but remember last year he beat nadal in the first round of TMS Madrid....
VAMOS! :D

deflori
10-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Ferrer is difficult,yes.....best luck alex

C-mon dudeee: )

HybridTheory
10-18-2004, 01:08 PM
He'll play soon (livescore.com says at 13.30 :rolleyes: hehe) against Ferrer
Good luck Alex! :kiss:

deflori
10-18-2004, 02:27 PM
6-5 corretja

cmon!!!!!!

deflori
10-18-2004, 02:32 PM
yes,he won the first 7:5

Go on Alex!!!

HybridTheory
10-18-2004, 02:33 PM
yess :D :bounce:

come on Alex go on like this!!!!!!!!
:hug:

HybridTheory
10-18-2004, 02:38 PM
2-0 :D:D he broke Ferrer in the 1st service game :D :yeah:
Vamos Alex!!

HybridTheory
10-18-2004, 02:41 PM
3-0
he's playing soo well now it seems :)

HybridTheory
10-18-2004, 02:43 PM
:lol: 0-30 again
:yeah:

HybridTheory
10-18-2004, 02:49 PM
4-1 :woohoo:

HybridTheory
10-18-2004, 02:50 PM
4-1 15-30 :)
Come on Alex break again!!

HybridTheory
10-18-2004, 02:52 PM
5-1 30-0:D:D

HybridTheory
10-18-2004, 02:54 PM
MP

HybridTheory
10-18-2004, 02:55 PM
6-1 :bounce: :woohoo:
congrats Alex!!!!!!!! :D:D :hug:

HybridTheory
10-18-2004, 02:56 PM
what a match:D
he was right when he said he wouldnt dissapoint us :) Well done!! :hug:

RogiFan88
10-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Yay Alex!! VAMOS for the second round!!!

deflori
10-18-2004, 03:03 PM
great,thats only great!!! Vamos Alex

If someone get pics,post it plz!!!!!

HybridTheory
10-18-2004, 03:07 PM
http://www.tennis-masters-madrid.com/images/galeria/17/pro-am-010_LR.jpg

HybridTheory
10-18-2004, 03:10 PM
This was the only one I could find, there will be more probably tonight or tomorrow..:)

HybridTheory
10-18-2004, 03:14 PM
so, on the picture it seems he really cut his hair
it's much better on him like this :)

RogiFan88
10-18-2004, 03:47 PM
So does this mean that the pic that the ATP site shows is not from Madrid?
http://www.atptennis.com/en/

HybridTheory
10-18-2004, 04:50 PM
I don't know :confused:
On that picture his hair seems to be longer, and he's wearing another shirt than last week in Metz, but that doesn't say too much maybe..

deflori
10-18-2004, 05:14 PM
the pic is not form madrid,but i post two new pics in the other thread...

NExt he will face Scrichaphan...he won against him at Roland Garros,but Scricha reached the semis last year......

But Alex will made that....good luck for the second round: )

nenadeSergio
10-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Last year is not this year! ;) :) ;) And I´m sure Alex can win!!!

HybridTheory
10-19-2004, 10:30 AM
:wavey: Hello NenadeSergio
I hope you are right ;)
Shricaphan's last year wasn't that great, I think Alex has chances, specialy now he already won 3 matches last week :)

RogiFan88
10-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Alex looked pretty good in his R1 match v. Ferrer, playing lovely tennis at the net too! Smart player!

VAMOS, ALEX!

HybridTheory
10-19-2004, 01:10 PM
RogiFan, did you see the match?:)

Angelique 1
10-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Hi all!
I wasn´t at home fro a week, so how good to see, that Alex is in good form.
I think he has a good chance against Srichapan.Alex likes to play against serve&volley players.I have just read special news about Alex.He will be father for the second time,so he must be very happy!
I couldn´t see the match because they only show german players here in Germany :mad:
btw., I need help: How can I use a avatar.When I try it,I always get the information" foto to big".How can I use one of my own fotos and make it small enough for a avatar?
Thanks for help!

HybridTheory
10-19-2004, 02:10 PM
Hey Angelique :wavey:
What nice news about Alex that he'll be father again :D Congrats to him :hug:
Where did you read that actually?
about your avatar, I think you need a special programm, it's called photoshop if I remember well, there you can make pics smaller and bigger
There was also a thread about it in the question forum, I'm not sure if it still exists, but you can take a look :)

HybridTheory
10-20-2004, 12:44 PM
Alex lost to Srichaphan :sad:
6-7, 3-6

deflori
10-20-2004, 12:59 PM
i saw it at german tv.......not good: (

HybridTheory
10-20-2004, 01:52 PM
no :sad:
although it's not a big loss.. but that doesn't count
I've seen he's in the alternative list of St. Petersburg and ....

HybridTheory
10-20-2004, 01:52 PM
Basel :)

HybridTheory
10-20-2004, 01:53 PM
so he'll probably play one of those 2 next week :)
if he can do in St. Petersburg what he did last year it would be a good thing :)

Enano
10-20-2004, 02:03 PM
Alex is on the alternates list in all 3 events next week, Basel, St.Petersburg and Stockholm. Due to withdrawels he's up to No.9 in that list. But unless he gets a wildcard or 9 more other players withdraw he'll have to play qualies.

HybridTheory
10-20-2004, 02:16 PM
is he in the draw for the qualify tournament of one of those?

deflori
10-20-2004, 02:16 PM
i think he plays st.peter,because he played very good last year i remember.........i hope theres something on eurosport form st.petersburg like last year.....

Pic from today: (
http://cache.****************/comp/51509835.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=CB608CE4AF1E5732667FCB438FC508D4A9C30E9B9B11 4CE8

HybridTheory
10-20-2004, 02:22 PM
yeah they will maybe give him a wild card for St Petersburg
Flo I can't see the pic :sad:

deflori
10-20-2004, 02:56 PM
http://img74.exs.cx/img74/516/51509835.jpg : (

HybridTheory
10-20-2004, 03:14 PM
I have just read special news about Alex.He will be father for the second time,so he must be very happy!

From www.tennis-masters-madrid.com

En junio de 2005 será padre por segunda vez, pero en su mente no existe aún la posibilidad de arrojar la toalla. De cara a la próxima temporada sólo hay dos opciones:"Depende de cómo acabe el año me plantearé ir a jugar la previa del Abierto de Australia o empezar en
Sudamérica, ya veré".

It says he will be father for the second time in June 2005 (again June:) ) but that doesn't mean he want to retire now. It depends on how he feels in the begin of the next season, and than he will deceide to play qualifies for Aus Open or play in South America.
(I hope I translated this well :p )

That's really good news :)
It's not on his official site yet

HybridTheory
10-20-2004, 03:18 PM
Alex also said in this interview that he didn't feel good today, during the match, because he hasn't sleep well tonight and he already felt bad when he woke up.

Angelique 1
10-20-2004, 06:14 PM
:sad:
Alex lost , but I also read in that interview at TMS Madrid website,that he had stomach problems the night before and didn´t sleep well.I could see the 2.set an TV and you could see,that he didn´t move well and he made a lot of unforced errors.But Alex said,that his level of tennis is getting better and that he is able to play,what he did in his last matches.
Alex said,that he asked for a wildcard in St.Petersburg.If he will not get one,he plays the Qualis in Paris Masters.
btw.
Thanks Hybrid Theory for your help. :wavey:

RogiFan88
10-20-2004, 07:54 PM
Angelique you beat me to it! I just read about Alex being a father for the 2nd time too... ahhh! How sweet!!

Pobre de Alex, he was not well today but played the first set quite well despite his illness... too bad... a bad day for the Spaniards... mala jornada...

RogiFan88
10-20-2004, 07:58 PM
RogiFan, did you see the match?:)

Hola, Hybrid!

Yes, we actually got his match on TV! Alex played a smart match, as he does... nice touch at the net, some great volleying and lovely bhs too! Playing well! Nice to see him win! Last yr I remember they showed him beating Nadal.. so funny that Alex is one of the few Spaniards who can actually beat Rafa... on more than one surface too!

So there, silly people who brush aside our Alex!

We saw him today also but he was looking unwell, pobrecito! Raining in Madrid too... yukky weather for Spain.

deflori
10-20-2004, 08:17 PM
Madrid, 19th October 2004 – Interview with Alex Corretja, who lost against Paradorn Srichaphan by 7-6 (5) y 6-3.

Q. How do you feel today?
ALEX CORRETJA: Well, not really well, not really comfortable. I don't know. My stomach was a bit delicate today. I was feeling weak. I wasn't as comfortable as I would like. I wasn't moving fast. I was really feeling weak. My game was worse.
It wasn't a great match. It's a pity.

Q. Mentally, are you still motivated to still be on the world circuit?
AC: If I weren't motivated, I wouldn't be here. My defeat today isn't because of me feeling mentally weak. Today wasn't like that. Sometimes mental aspects have an influence, but not today.
Yesterday my stomach was hurting. Today it was the same. I don't want to give excuses anyway. It's sad, that's true. The first day I was playing well. I was comfortable after a tennis year that hasn't been too good. I wanted to gain confidence, but things are like this. I'll try to end the year as well as possible.

Q. Your impressions about this controversy being created towards the models and all that?
AC: I have no opinion. I just play, and that's enough for me. Don't have time to worry about that.

Q. What are your goals this year?
AC: Well, maybe to enter a tournament next week. I've asked for an invitation in St. Petersburg. That would be great. If not, I would play the qualifying rounds of Paris Bercy maybe. Well, I'm waiting. I'm still waiting.
If I do play Paris, I need time to rest, to make new goals for myself for next year.

Q. What are your goals for next year? This year you've had to play several qualifying rounds. You have had to play them in order to enter the main draw. Are you mentally ready to keep doing this next year? You know, as a good player, what it feels like to be among the Top 10.
AC: Well, I'm still fighting. I'm still trying to find my way, to have more victories, more triumphs, to be more stable in the ranking, and to be able to decide about the tournaments I play in order to be more comfortable with myself and choose the tournaments I play.
I don't know how the year is going to end for me. I have several points to defend. It depends on that. Whether I go to Australia or start in South America, I don't really care about ending in the Top 100 or 110 in the ranking. The main thing is to be motivated, and I am.
I am going for a weak period. I'll try to recover my way with results.

Q. Are you physically fit anyway? That was the impression we got when you played against Ferrer the other day. What do you have to do in order to reach the top again maybe not among the best ones, but to get into the draw without playing qualifying?
AC: I guess the only way I can find it is with time and patience. I cannot change the rhythm of my career and my pace in a week.
But sometimes you have to wait in order to climb in the rankings. I think my level right now is the one I showed last week, for instance. I know I haven't done today what I am capable of doing. I just need to carry on. As long as I'm strong, I'll carry on.
And mentally I'm recovering strength, too, because I've been in tennis many years, and that's something to take into account. But I'm feeling well mentally. My goals are to keep fighting and see what happens.