Being asked out by someone out of your league!? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Being asked out by someone out of your league!?

safin-rules-no.1
09-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Okay so this guy on grindr is major hot (and I mean MAJOR), but I feel too scared to go out on a date with him :speakles: I think his attractiveness has put me off :( strange thing to say I know. Has anyone else felt like this? I have this anxiety that he is too good for me!!! He said he really likes me and wants to go on a date tho....oh god....lol.

partygirl
09-27-2011, 09:02 PM
I think his attractiveness has put me off :( strange thing to say I know. Has anyone else felt like this?
No. :devil:

safin-rules-no.1
09-27-2011, 09:06 PM
No. :devil:

Damn you and your high self-esteem :p

Bilbo
09-27-2011, 09:54 PM
I feel too scared to go out on a date with him :speakles: I think his attractiveness has put me off :( strange thing to say I know. Has anyone else felt like this? I have this anxiety that he is too good for me!!!

Most men have this anxiety with women as well. They think "she's too good for me" or "she doesn't like me anyway" etc. The biggest mistake you can do is doing nothing at all. Our anxieties dictate our life. Happens to me a lot that I don't talk to a girl I would like to.

Certinfy
09-27-2011, 10:04 PM
"out of your league"? Sorry but I don't believe there's such thing in terms of looks.

Anyway I think you should go for it and just accept whatever happens. :shrug:

partygirl
09-27-2011, 11:27 PM
:p

Truthfully it is just the way their face is arranged and you happen to enjoy it.
Doesn't mean they will be good or bad to you, doesn't mean they are special.

Doesn't really mean anything except that you like it. operative being like.

Why would you dismiss something you like?

Caesar1844
09-28-2011, 01:17 AM
Why are there so many gay people on this site? Tennis has never struck me as a particularly 'gay' sport.

I don't mean that pejoratively, I just mean that I've met more homosexuals and lesbians ('out' ones anyway) whilst playing other sports.

Aloimeh
09-28-2011, 01:19 AM
Why are there so many gay people on this site? Tennis has never struck me as a particularly 'gay' sport.

I don't mean that pejoratively, I just mean that I've met more homosexuals and lesbians ('out' ones anyway) whilst playing other sports.

Yeah, it's kind of insane.

jmjhb
09-28-2011, 03:12 AM
If he's on grindr then he's definitely not out of your league.

out_here_grindin
09-28-2011, 04:20 AM
Most men have this anxiety with women as well. They think "she's too good for me" or "she doesn't like me anyway" etc. The biggest mistake you can do is doing nothing at all. Our anxieties dictate our life. Happens to me a lot that I don't talk to a girl I would like to.

Happens to me all too often. But I have improved a lot. It's all about gradually increasing your comfort zone. Saying something to girls you may think are above your level will decrease your petrification and eventually you will consider less out of your league.

Nikki♥
09-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Something like "out of someone's league" doesn't exist... at least not when it comes to looks as Certinfy already pointed out. Besides, they always say that "differences attract and similarities are what keep you together". Just get the "he's too good for me" thinking out of your mind and go with the flow.

safin-rules-no.1
09-28-2011, 07:50 AM

Sorry to inform you, but gay people make up society too and have the same interests as 'heterosexual' people. I am human before I'm gay and as such have the same interests as others. Is there is such a thing as a 'gay sport'? Or is that just part of your prejudice about people who happen to be gay.

In short, you're an absolute moron. Welcome to my ignore list.

Caesar1844
09-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Jeeze, way to be oversensitive. I did put 'gay sport' in inverted commas, and I specifically pointed out I didn't mean it in any sort of pejorative sense.

I'm just saying, there seems to be a surprisingly large proportion of gay people on this forum compared to other sites I frequent that are associated with other sports. I thought that was a bit unusual, that's all. Is tennis particularly popular within the gay community? Or is it just the demographics of this particular site?

But y'know, kudos for getting your panties in a twist over nothing.

Filo V.
09-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Tennis and football/soccer are the two sports gay people most frequent by a wide margin, so it's really no surprise. Why? Probably because the sports are less hyper-masculine, and because the guys look better overall (more trim and athletic looking rather than hulkish).

BTW, there is no such thing as a "gay" sport.

To answer my friends' question, no, I've never had that issue since I'm generally the one being approached. Like you are being approached now. He's into you..............there must be a reason. I guess you're a hottie too :)

Take advantage of this situation and this hot guy, seems like a nice guy, run with it. Don't allow your head get in the way of potential fun.

Filo V.
09-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Leagues do exist, people. Some people are just hotter and attract more attention than others. That's how it is, we can't deny that. Some people have better looking facial features, better bodies, and more sex appeal. That doesn't mean if you're not totally hot you shouldn't have self-esteem. We all have something that makes us unique or stand out so that's what you have to show if you're a little lacking in the looks department.

Har-Tru
09-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Yup, let's open yet another thread on an internet site to raise our self-esteem.

Ilovetheblues_86
09-28-2011, 02:38 PM
I want to raise mine.

But once I was asked by Bartoli and I said: sorry girl, you cant serve, you are out of my league. bye. go back to daddy. au revoir :wavey:

abraxas21
09-28-2011, 02:44 PM
no but last year the most popular girl in uni (also extremely hot) kind of fancied me or at least that's what it seemed to me at one point. i didn't know her at all but whenever she saw me she used to smile at me in particular. anyhow, one day i talked to her and she was visibly nervous. i found it strange that a girl that popular could have felt nervous by my presence. well, things went that way but as time went by she began to ignore me so i didn't talk to her again and she didn't talk to me. in fact, she tried to evade me when she could, which was kind of sad but then again i always kind of thought she was waaay out of my league...

anyhow, im out of uni now and i haven't seen her in months. there's a good chance i never will. last i knew was that she was in an exchange student program in cambridge now

abraxas21
09-28-2011, 02:47 PM
I want to raise mine.

But once I was asked by Bartoli and I said: sorry girl, you cant serve, you are out of my league. bye. go back to daddy. au revoir :wavey:

i was asked by sharapova once but i declined after finding out that she wasn't as loud in the sack as she was in a tennis court

dissapointing tbh

Ilovetheblues_86
09-28-2011, 02:50 PM
I suppose she isnt in your league of grunting then. ? =/

Bilbo
09-28-2011, 02:56 PM
no but last year the most popular girl in uni (also extremely hot) kind of fancied me or at least that's what it seemed to me at one point. i didn't know her at all but whenever she saw me she used to smile at me in particular. anyhow, one day i talked to her and she was visibly nervous. i found it strange that a girl that popular could have felt nervous by my presence. well, things went that way but as time went by she began to ignore me so i didn't talk to her again and she didn't talk to me. in fact, she tried to evade me when she could, which was kind of sad but then again i always kind of thought she was waaay out of my league...

she was clearly into you. she gave you two of the most common signs of interest, extensive smiling and being nervous when talking to you. i'm pretty sure she was also playing with her hair when you talked to her.

the reason why she started to ignore you is because you failed to get one step further and ask her out on a date or get her number.

safin-rules-no.1
09-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Yup, let's open yet another thread on an internet site to raise our self-esteem.

Funny how it hasn't. Don't be jealous :hug:

jmjhb
09-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Well, that's the last time I try to boost someone's self-esteem if a bad rep is all I get for it :lol:

Orka_n
09-29-2011, 06:20 AM
This never happened to me but I don't think I even know someone right now that I consider out of my league... I do have female friends that I think are a lot prettier than me but then again I'm smarter than them so in my (over?)confident mind it kind of evens out. :tape: Anyway, a beautiful girl is only above you in your head. She might not be thinking the same. (For example, I have friends who have dated girls much "hotter" than them.) So I find this league system pretty pointless.

In the words of my dear friend fast_clay...
remember, it doesnt take one to tango... it takes two you dumb c***, so dont be too conscious about your game or you'll fuk it up... use the force, let it flow you nutless sack of shit...

Bilbo
09-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Anyway, a beautiful girl is only above you in your head. She might not be thinking the same. (For example, I have friends who have dated girls much "hotter" than them.) So I find this league system pretty pointless.

True, but it's not a thing you can easily erase out of your head when you talk to a girl you find attractive. Usually, the more attractive you find her, the more anxiety or insecurity you will feel talking to her even though she might have a much lower status than you. It's hardwired in our emotional brain. This is because men rate looks first. Girls think completely different but they are also aware about their own looks and how much "value" they have, especially when they are in a big group of girls. Have you ever noticed that normally the least attractive girl is trying to kick you out when you try to talk with her friends? Jealousy.

Caesar1844
09-29-2011, 12:13 PM
The plus side is that you're gay, and gays are a significant minority. Surely the added rarity bumps up your value a notch.

Filo V.
09-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Actually, no, because most gay men have ultra high standards. As for significant minority, I'll let the girlfriends of all the "straight" men I've fucked be the determination of that.

All this dramatic bullshit annoys me. If you find someone hot, or they find you hot, just go up to them and make something happen. Don't talk about it or worry about it, it's not a fucking science in how to get someone with you, if they're into you, then don't turn it into some head game. Just do it and get it done with.

Caesar1844
09-29-2011, 11:08 PM
As for significant minority, I'll let the girlfriends of all the "straight" men I've fucked be the determination of that.
lol, this'll be good. What percentage of the population do you think is gay?

Filo V.
09-29-2011, 11:40 PM
Like I said, I'll let the girlfriends of all the "straight" men I've fucked make the determination. They can all get together and add it all up and see what figure they come up with. I don't know or care what the exact percentage is.

leng jai
09-29-2011, 11:59 PM
I'll get back to you the day someone asks me out.

Caesar1844
09-30-2011, 12:19 AM
I don't know or care what the exact percentage is.
So why dispute my claim it's a substantial minority? Most experts put the estimated percentage substantially below 10% of the population.

Filo V.
09-30-2011, 07:20 AM
I know what experts say, and I also know what my dick says.

safin-rules-no.1
09-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Caesar1844 start a new thread and stop trolling this one.

Sophocles
09-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Nobody is out of my league.

Johnny Groove
09-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Can't really say that I have, no.

Orka_n
10-02-2011, 04:38 AM
if all Swedish women are like Mjau I can see how you have that confidenceToo mean imo.

octatennis
10-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Can't really say that I have, no.

because as far as all we know, you belong to the MAJOR LEAGUE´, so it would be equal to you.

lucky bastard.

Dmitry Verdasco
10-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Grindr pwns! I met a guy with the most amazing lips the other day...

Dmitry Verdasco
10-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Lips? I meant dick *oops

n8
10-04-2011, 10:39 AM

I was once with a guy who said he thought he would never date a tennis player because he thought it was too gay a sport (yeah, I like masculine guys - well except for how they are in the sack :devil:).

As far as I know, tennis is a very gay sport. I have a fair few gay friends who I play tennis with and there are large gay tennis groups all over Australia.

Filo V.
10-05-2011, 04:00 PM
I was once with a guy who said he thought he would never date a tennis player because he thought it was too gay a sport (yeah, I like masculine guys - well except for how they are in the sack :devil:). If I heard a guy say that, then I would most definitely fuck the shit out of him. It's always those wanna-be macho boiz that raise their legs with the quickness. Then we can see what he thinks is too gay.

Filo V.
10-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Someone on this forum just asked me for sex. I can't tell you who it is, I don't kiss and tell unless I get something out of it. But, see, I never get asked on dates. Only fucks. I guess people can sense I'm a horny devil. I mean, who could complain when in such a situation, right?

I guess that means I'm the best of my league. That would be the elite of elite league, of course.

Kat_YYZ
10-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Actually, no, because most gay men have ultra high standards. As for significant minority, I'll let the girlfriends of all the "straight" men I've fucked be the determination of that.

All this dramatic bullshit annoys me. If you find someone hot, or they find you hot, just go up to them and make something happen. Don't talk about it or worry about it, it's not a fucking science in how to get someone with you, if they're into you, then don't turn it into some head game. Just do it and get it done with.

I think you missed the essence of the question. It's not about how "less hot" people can gain confidence and be the ones approaching the "more hot" ones. S-R said the hot guy really wants him, yet he feels uncomfortable about accepting.

It's funny how these 'status' issues get into people's heads and prevent them from enjoying life.

Filo V.
10-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Well, that's the thing. Don't allow these hangups get the best of you, because it's all fabricated self-depricating overdramatic bullshit. Especially if you're getting hot guys, then it's like, there is a reason. It's because you're hot yourself. So don't mind trick yourself to say otherwise. If someone is coming on to you, go for it, don't allow your mind to fuck with you. It's all about having positive self-esteem.