Asia/indoor 2011 - Hard isn’t getting easier but finish line is near! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Asia/indoor 2011 - Hard isn’t getting easier but finish line is near!

lalaland
09-24-2011, 02:49 PM
So, it was a struggle, but somehow he made decent results in 2 out of 3 US hardcourt tournaments. Here’s hoping that he will do better for the remaining of the hardcourt season in Asian and then indoor. Coming up is Bangkok, where he returns to defend his title, well, sorta, since he didn’t get a chance to play there last year. We’ll see what happen then. Allez Gilles.

Bangkok Draw, his half:

(1) Murray vs bye
Berrer vs qualifier
qualifier vs Gulbis
Dimitrov vs (5) Dodig

(3) Simon vs bye
Lu vs Souza
qualifier vs Bachinger
(WC) Udomchoke vs (6) Fognini

50/50 and he landed on Murray's side :mad:. Ah well, at least the road to SF is a clear path, so it seems. Good luck Gilles.

Gillouthe best
09-24-2011, 03:39 PM
So willl Gillou add points to his Race points reaching SF?

Silver.
09-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Udomchoke sound like GM poster's creation! :p

Good luck for the last leg of the season Gilles :)

lalaland
09-24-2011, 05:57 PM
So willl Gillou add points to his Race points reaching SF?

His lowest ATP250 is 45 pts, so he can replace that if he earns more than 45 pts, and a SF in ATP250 is 90 pts.

MsTree
09-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Andy's half AGAIN! :o

Allez Gilles! :D I think he likes playing in Asia, hopefully this will be a good leg of the season for him!

lalaland
09-27-2011, 05:08 PM
OOP Wednesday

Center Court
not before 7pm
Simon vs Lu

ALLEZ GILLES!

MsTree
09-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Aw! I'll miss him, blooming work! :o
Allez Gilles!

Silver.
09-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Reckon there will be a stream?

Silver.
09-28-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm watching a stream but it's terrible! If anyone is watching on bet365 and the streaming is significantly better then let me know, it might be worth me creating an account.

Silver.
09-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Gilles is a in a red shirt and blue shorts :eek:

Silver.
09-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Tie-break time. Gilles is yelling at himself. "FACILE FACILE!" ..even I know what that means

Silver.
09-28-2011, 01:18 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: lost the first set 7-4 in the TB . Stream is dead. No idea what happened in the TB. Oh Gilles this match is so important, he can't lose it. Allez! :cheerleader: take it in 3!

Silver.
09-28-2011, 01:37 PM
3-2 Gilles is serving. 0-40. :facepalm: anyone else here?? Suffering? :sad:

Silver.
09-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Broken. *4-2 for Lu.

lalaland
09-28-2011, 01:41 PM
He's gonna lose :mad:, I knew I jinxed him when I said he has a clear path to SF :p. Lu's playing well, but Gilles not giving him any pressure either. And Gilles doesn't seem too eager to change things to get himself back. It's like he's saying come what may.

Silver.
09-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Ah, well, lala you are an anti-jinx :p he broke back and held. Allez!

lalaland
09-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Ah, well, lala you are an anti-jinx :p he broke back and held. Allez!

I tried ;). Right now, my strategy is working much better than Gilles' :rolleyes:. He needs to change up and put some doubts to Lu. C'mon Gilles.

lalaland
09-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Yep, just a couple of good pts from Gilles and doubt creeps in, Lu served a DF to give the game away. Now he just better serve it out for this set.

lalaland
09-28-2011, 03:07 PM
My rejinx works like magic :p.
But seriously, Gilles deserves some credit. Looking down and out at 2-4 in 2nd set, he started playing with more purpose, raised his level. So well done. And hopefully, a 3-hr affair gave him enough match to start playing well for the rest of this tournament.

Allez Gilles.

mike s.
09-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Lalaland, you should say he's going to lose during every match :p

Congrats Gilles, Lu played pretty well so this was a good win.

Gillouthe best
09-28-2011, 03:38 PM
He plays Bachinger on QF

misty1
09-28-2011, 04:29 PM
anyone else miss the days when he could win matches easily?

lalaland
09-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Lalaland, you should say he's going to lose during every match :p

But it got to be used like Gilles' S&V, reserved only to be used at desperate moment, like when he's back against the wall MP down ;).

When was that?
Only a selected few have the pleasure of getting Gilles to beat them faster than a long grueling match :p. Andy Roddick in Rome came to mind :D since we did get to see it. Sorry for bringing that up, Silver, you probably rather forget that match, not Andy's finest.

BTW, I have the 3rd set recorded. Crappy stream, but a stream nonetheless, slightly better than nothing. I'll upload when I get home tonite.

MsTree
09-28-2011, 06:41 PM

That must've been before I discovered him :lol: It's ALWAYS a struggle, even when it's easy :devil:

Love to see the 3rd set Lala, It was an interesting experience following the livescore at work :lol: Well done Gillou! :D

edit - the match has been uploaded to Tennishaven (in HD) http://tennishaven.com/details.php?id=1737

Gillouthe best
09-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Since Roland Garros he has only won on straights once, against Stakhovsky on Hamburg. This year he has came back from losing first set 11 times. !Awesome!

lalaland
09-28-2011, 07:58 PM
edit - the match has been uploaded to Tennishaven (in HD) http://tennishaven.com/details.php?id=1737

Sweet!

This year he has came back from losing first set 11 times. !Awesome!

That's one way to look at it.
More awesome is that he wins in straight, but I guess that's not his forte. Granted, power is not his game and with his play style, he's not gonna blow others off court. Then again, when he did once in awhile, it's beautiful to watch (ie. couple years ago in Mtl against Dancevic).

lalaland
09-28-2011, 10:02 PM
I don't know what "blown others off court" means to you, but to me, it means overpowering your opponents and rendering them helpless, and usually ends in a scoreline in the neighborhood of some bakery shop. He's totally capable of that but it doesn't happen too often nor is he able to do it to the top guys. Beating Nadal and Federer were not in any way near "blown them off court". You are just telling me that he beat those players, and of course he can, he definitely has the goods to do it, but usually in long grueling matches, never in straight set blown out. And for the record, I don't really care how he wins matches as long as he wins it. I don't ask for him to blow his opponents off court thinking somehow that makes him better, no. In fact, I'm not particularly fond of those ballbashers who seems to win matches merely by applying brunt force. However, I do want him to make it easier on himself, if he can win shorter matches he gets more rest, is that simply.

Silver.
09-28-2011, 10:57 PM
When was that?
Only a selected few have the pleasure of getting Gilles to beat them faster than a long grueling match :p. Andy Roddick in Rome came to mind :D since we did get to see it. Sorry for bringing that up, Silver, you probably rather forget that match, not Andy's finest.

BTW, I have the 3rd set recorded. Crappy stream, but a stream nonetheless, slightly better than nothing. I'll upload when I get home tonite.

I agree, I have hardly ever seen Gilles win that comfortably. When it comes though it's a pleasure to watch and does my nerves a world of good! It's character building, supporting Gilles, I go through so many emotions watching him.. anger, frustration, the next minute awe, and then either joy or disappointment :p

Don't worry about bringing that match up, Andy was poorly if I remember correctly. Plus I was on holiday so didn't actually see it! When Gilles beats Andy or vice versa my disappointment and coinciding happiness just make me feel neutral about the whole situation. ;)

MsTree
09-28-2011, 11:10 PM
He blew Dancevic off court, that's the only match I remember that I could comfortably use that phrase about Gillou. I much prefer to see him outwit his opponents, and that's what he did beautifully against Rafa in Madrid 2008, and Fed in the Masters Cup same year. He just doesn't do blowing off court but yes, it's good to see him play aggressively every now and again :)

Silver.
09-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Gilles is on after Murray v. Dimitrov :cool: ...who start at not before 7, local time.

ALLEZ!

Silver.
09-30-2011, 03:01 PM
I couldn't watch the match, has anyone been watching? What's going on :confused:

Gilles has only won 5 points on return!?

Silver.
09-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Ah, so I start watching and he goes 0-40. And breaks! :woohoo: i'm his lucky charm ;)

Silver.
09-30-2011, 03:07 PM
And holds. Takes second set 6-3

Silver.
09-30-2011, 03:10 PM
0-40 again first game, third set. 3 BP.

Silver.
09-30-2011, 03:12 PM
Breaks. Kind of handed to him by the german. But a good start!

Silver.
09-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Gilles very comfortable now. Breaks again *2-0

Silver.
09-30-2011, 03:25 PM
4-0

Gillouthe best
09-30-2011, 03:47 PM
He won, so glad, 3-6.6-3,6-2, now Murray, and he overtakes Delpo on the RACE!

sammy01
09-30-2011, 04:26 PM
he played woeful in the 1st set. his returning was so bad. the begining of the 2nd was still tight and until simon broke it was still touch and go. he then got rolling and looked a class above, as he should do.

he will need to step it up like 3 nothces to get close to murray tomorrow.

misty1
09-30-2011, 04:50 PM
wow..he lost a set to bachinger....i dont even know what to say to that

Silver.
09-30-2011, 06:00 PM
wow..he lost a set to bachinger....i dont even know what to say to that

How about... good job he got the win in the end, Gilles is a well known slow starter. Good luck in the next round.

misty1
09-30-2011, 06:09 PM
yeah im happy he got the win in the end but..bachinger is not someone he should be dropping sets too

lalaland
09-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Didn't watch the match, glad he came thru.

Nothing to be alarm of though. I mean, he needed 5 sets to beat Mello on hard court but he only needed 4 to beat DelPo. Always the case with Gilles that he plays better when he faces a tougher opponent.

Anyway, good luck to him against Murray. Allez!

mike s.
09-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Didn't watch the match, glad he came thru.

Nothing to be alarm of though. I mean, he needed 5 sets to beat Mello on hard court but he only needed 4 to beat DelPo. Always the case with Gilles that he plays better when he faces a tougher opponent.

Anyway, good luck to him against Murray. Allez!

Exactly, his early round scores have no relation to how he will perform later in the tournament. For whatever reason, he just takes a long time to get into matches against lower ranked players. He'll probably lose to Murray in straights but that's because of the match-up, not necessarily because he's in bad form.

Gillouthe best
10-01-2011, 06:35 AM
The draw on Beijing is not very good, Granollers on R1, Bellucci or Ferrero on R2, Jo on QF and Monfils or Tomas on QF. Allez! Also Allez against Murray

MsTree
10-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Exhausted after the rugby :(

Allez Gilles!

MsTree
10-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Broken :( 2-3

Double break 2-5

1st set Andy 6-2. Come on Gilles!!!

Gillouthe best
10-01-2011, 09:54 AM
6-2 down, when Andy serves like that its nearly imposibble, he has played only 4 points on 2nd serve

MsTree
10-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Gilles gets an early break in the 2nd - 2-0 :) Allez!

Back on serve :( 3-2

Gilles rebreaks, 4-2 :)

MsTree
10-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Gilles takes the 2nd set 6-3! ALLEZ!!! :D

Gillouthe best
10-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Huge set from Gilles, allez for set 3

MsTree
10-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Gilles down a break in the 3rd, 0-2

MsTree
10-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Andy finally wins on his 6th MP on Gillou's serve. 2-6 6-3 2-6. Good fight Gillou!

Gillouthe best
10-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Great fight Gillou

mike s.
10-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Oh well, had his chances but Murray was too solid. Gilles has to be playing at his absolute best level to have a chance against Murray.

I'm hopeful for the rest of the indoor season but he needs to start playing better from the start of the match. He's giving the other player a set at the start and it's really hard to win consistently that way.

lalaland
10-01-2011, 06:18 PM
I didn't expect him to win, but I'm sad all the same, because this one was close and he had chances. Ah well, moving on.

That Beijing draw is rather tough. He would have no trouble with 3 out of the 4 top seeds but he got Jo :mad:. Oh well, he can manage. Good luck next week, Gilles.

BlueLighthouse
10-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Hi, you guys may feel a little bit better to know that more than half of the stadium were supporting Gilles. I'm not sure how it was translated on TV screen but we chanted "Allez Gilles" and "Simon. Simon" pretty loud and often. He's a more popular man than Andy here.

I'll post pic from the match later.

lalaland
10-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Hi, you guys may feel a little bit better to know that more than half of the stadium were supporting Gilles. I'm not sure how it was translated on TV screen but we chanted "Allez Gilles" and "Simon. Simon" pretty loud and often. He's a more popular man than Andy here.

I'll post pic from the match later.

Thanks for telling us. It's good to know. And looking forward to your pics.

FlameOn
10-02-2011, 08:33 AM
:awww: Oh well, no big loss :hug:.

lalaland
10-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Gilles on tomorrow's OOP:

LOTUS COURT start 12:30 pm
M Youzhny (RUS) vs [4] N Almagro (ESP) - ATP
Not Before 3:00 PM
[6] S Stosur (AUS) vs M Kirilenko (RUS) - WTA
[Q] C Suarez Navarro (ESP) vs [9] A Petkovic (GER) - WTA
Not Before 7:30 PM
M Granollers (ESP) vs [5] G Simon (FRA) - ATP

Allez!

Oh, and I saw this from GM, a live stream site: http://live.video.sina.com.cn/room/tennis for China Open

MsTree
10-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Will miss him :( But Allez Gilles!

sammy01
10-03-2011, 09:50 PM
gilles simon always reminds me of my other fave when she was playing well, anna chakvetadze. he, like she used to, only really plays to the level of his opponent. his game is very dependant on how well his opponent plays and it often take him a long time to find the happy medium of what that level needs to be. hence him playing a lot of 3 set matches against seemingly easy-ish opponents. anna was very much the same, infact in 2007 she only lost 2 3 set matches the whole year.

kind of tough draw in beijing, but i will be happy with a good match vs tsonga in the qtrs.

lalaland
10-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Gilles lost first set. Bad cannot describes his game enough atm. He was up 3-1, played a very loose game lost the break back by DF. After that, he just couldn't find the court, UEs everywhere, lost 5 games in a roll and DF the last 2 pts to lose the first set. Horrible. I don't know if he can turn things around this time, he's still missing everything, very out of sort.

Allez Gilles. C'mon, get yourself together.

lalaland
10-04-2011, 12:30 PM
From bad to worse, he was up 40-0 and lost 5 straight pts (UEs/DF) to give the break away in set 2, already down 0-2 in no time. :facepalm:

Gilloulou
10-04-2011, 12:40 PM
1 good tourney 1 horrid, as all year... maybe it's a good sign for shanghai

lalaland
10-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Can't remember the last time he played so badly. DFs... He's just not thinking clearly anymore, even making bad choices of shots. Lost another serve, 0-4 in set 2. It's almost comical, except I can't find the mood to laugh. He's gonna get bageled I'm afraid. This time, he'll lose and no amount of anti-jinx is gonna help.:(

lalaland
10-04-2011, 12:41 PM
1 good tourney 1 horrid, as all year... maybe it's a good sign for shanghai

Well, I hope so, cos Beijing is a goner for sure.

lalaland
10-04-2011, 12:46 PM
He made it past the 1 hr mark...C'mon Gilles, just win a game, damnit.

lalaland
10-04-2011, 12:48 PM
No bagel, thank god. Finally win a game after losing 10 straights :o. 1-5 now.

lalaland
10-04-2011, 12:57 PM
That's it, 3-6, 1-6. Even laughing a bit at the net, clearly thinking what I'm thinking, a laughable performance :rolleyes:.

Simon: Winner 11, UEs 24, 7 DFs, 1 Ace
Granollers: Winner 5, UEs 8, 0 DFs, 1 Ace

Horrible :mad:. Can't believe I downloaded that plug without knowing what it is just to watch this horror of a match.

Okay, I'll be nice. Good luck next week then.

lalaland
10-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Argh! Too mad to go back to sleep. This is going to hurt his chance to end the year in Top 10. Almagro is still too far away (even if Nico didn't win his match either), Tipsy is breathing down his neck. He just need to do big next week in Shanghai to make up for this lackluster performance.

moi1227
10-04-2011, 01:59 PM
WHAT THE HELL:eek: previous tournament in semifinal, in this one he is out in 2nd round 3:6 1:6?? :scratch:
GILLOOOOUUUUU WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?? :armed:

misty1
10-04-2011, 05:09 PM
what in the hell was that?

MsTree
10-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Flipping heck Gilles! :o Aw well, at least he'll be well rested for Shanghai!

lalaland
10-04-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm disturbed by his performance today :lol:

It's different from last week, last week, he's struggling a bit to get in form, his opponents were playing so much better than him that gave him a lot of pressure. Not today. Granollers did nothing today, I assure you. Gilles actually started very well, came out playing very aggressively the first few games and quickly got a break, and then out of nowhere and really fast he started missing everything. It's not like he missed when he played offensively, he missed even if he's not doing anything with the ball. He didn't scream and yell but he was really angry at one point he hit his shoes with his racquet several times in full force (like he's pulling a Youzhny, I was worry he could hurt himself). He just seem blindsided by this sudden lost of ability to keep the ball in the court. DF kept coming, a few bad shanks here and there. He didn't give up nor tank, seem to me he had decided to just try more aggressively since he's missing easy balls anyway, might as well just go all out. He got a couple of winners at the last game and got to 15-40 when Granollers' serving for the match. But a couple of good serves from Granollers wiped out the BPs and Gilles back to missing again and lost the final pt hitting the net. When he went up to shake hand, he has that a little laugh of embarrassment on himself that kinda said it all. I'm pretty sure he's not injured. probably a concentration issue and when things got really out of hand, he's too stunned to find himself in a hole so quickly that he fail to correct the situation, that's what I think anyway.

Well, he played so badly today that there's nothing to dwell on, he'll put this behind him quickly I think. And yay, more time to prepare for Shanghai.

mike s.
10-04-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm glad I didn't see this one because this loss is awful :o.

Oh well, he likely would have lost to Tsonga anyway so I don't think it hurts his quest for end of year top 10 that much. What's more important is improving on the performances in Shanghai and Paris. Although, if he plays as badly as it sounds like he did, he won't be doing well there either.

The good thing is that Gilles has put behind these awful losses pretty quickly before. He lost in the first round the week before his two titles so hopefully it won't have an effect on him.

FlameOn
10-04-2011, 11:10 PM
:sad:

lalaland
10-05-2011, 05:35 PM
I was hoping to find out what Gilles has to say about yesterday's match, as he always does do a very good job in analyzing his own game and explains in detail of what happened... However, it's quite delightful to find that he gave a very different presser this time :D short and encrypted :lol:. That's why I like Gilles, always make it interesting for us fans :lol:. Even Tutu couldn't offer much of what happened. Then again, we know Gilles does whatever he wants to do, Tutu has no part in it most of the time and it's not that surprising that he didn't know what Gilles is doing :p.Since Gilles didn't say much, it left room for journalists to make suggestions of what did happen yesterday. Fun!

From L'Equipe
Simon n’a rien à dire

Gilles Simon n’a pas de problèmes connus avec les photographes mais il en a un beau avec les conférences de presse. Le garçon dit qu’il « n’aime pas ça, que les journalistes ne sont pas assez précis quand ils écrivent ce que je leur dis ». comme un poète maudit. « C’est mon projet. Je sais ce que je fais et ce que je cherche. Je le garde pour moi. » Et en même temps, il en parle. Certes, il fait bien attention à ne pas trop en dire, mais il en parle. « Même si mon match contre Granollers donne l’impression que c’est n’importe quoi, ça ne l’est vraiment pas. Quand tu as envie d’être ambitieux, d’être fort, tu prends des risques. Et quand ça fait trois ans que tu n’en a pas pris, c’est dur. Voilà, c’est peut-être trois ans de frustration qui sont ressortis sur un seul match. Fallait bien que ça arrive à un moment. Ça me permet de voir tout ce qui me reste à faire. » Après, libreà qui veut de décoder.:lol:

Vu le match d’hier – qui n’est pas une bonne opération dans la course au Masters (*) –, on a l’impression que Simon veut à tout prix muscler son jeu. Il veut frapper fort en coup droit et fort au service. Il doit se dire qu’il ne verra jamais le top 5 s’il ne pousse pas sa nature à plus d’offensive. Le calcul n’est pas idiot en soi mais le résultat d’hier peut lui donner matière à réfléchir. Après un début très correct (3-1), Simon ouvrit à fond le robinet à ca gades (35 fautes directes à 5 ; 7 doubles fautes à 1 ; 40 % de premières balles). Le court en fut tout inondé et souvent la caméra du Hawk-Eye n’aurait pas pu les filmer. On passa comme ça de 3-1 Simon à 6-3, 5-0 Granollers. Oui, oui, 10 jeux à 0. « C’était un match pourri, comme Gilles en fait très rarement, disait son coach Thierry Tulasne. Peut-être a-t-il eu du mal à passer de l’indoor de Bangkok à ici. Et puis les balles sont différentes. Peut-être aussi est-il fatigué dans sa tête. Il a déjà joué vingt-huit tournois ( en réalité 23 + 2 rencontres de Coupe Davis). Peut-être que le jeu de Granollers l’embête. Il casse le rythme et avait déjà battu deux fois Gilles avant. » Peut-être, n’est-ce pas Gilles ? « Thierry ne sait pas. C’est moi qui suis sur le terrain. Les décisions, c’est moi qui les prends. »

lalaland
10-08-2011, 06:17 AM
Gilles' Quarter in Shanghai:

Simon – Bye
Kukushkin – Montanes
Andjuar – Q
Q – Troicki

Wawrinka – Monaco
Gong – Q
Bellucci – Tursunov
Bye – Murray

Of course he gets Murray in his QF, as always. Well, good luck Gilles.

MsTree
10-08-2011, 07:37 AM
:o :o :o

Gilloulou
10-08-2011, 01:05 PM
good draw, i think he's ready to beat murray again :]

mike s.
10-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Gilles' Quarter in Shanghai:

Simon – Bye
Kukushkin – Montanes
Andjuar – Q
Q – Troicki

Wawrinka – Monaco
Gong – Q
Bellucci – Tursunov
Bye – Murray

Of course he gets Murray in his QF, as always. Well, good luck Gilles.

Honestly, I'll be happy if he just gets to the quarters. There's no excuse to lose to anyone in his section but we all know he could lose to anybody.

lalaland
10-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Honestly, I'll be happy if he just gets to the quarters. There's no excuse to lose to anyone in his section but we all know he could lose to anybody.

ditto

Gillouthe best
10-10-2011, 07:35 AM
It will be against Montanes, who defeated Kukushkin on a final set TB. !Allez!

lalaland
10-10-2011, 04:58 PM
TUESDAY, 11 OCTOBER, 2011

GRANDSTAND start 2:00 pm
[14] J Melzer (AUT) vs I Ljubicic (CRO)
[Q] A Ramos (ESP) vs M Cilic (CRO)
M Raonic (CAN) vs M Llodra (FRA)

Not Before 6:00 PM
[8] G Simon (FRA) vs A Montanes (ESP)

MsTree
10-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Allez Gilles! At least we have TV coverage this week so I can watch when I get home... after Scotland beat Spain of course! :lol:

mike s.
10-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Gilles won 6-1, 6-1 :D

Gilles played solid and it was so nice to not see any mental lapses throughout the match. I don't know how Montanes won a match here though, he was terrible.

lalaland
10-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Gilles won 6/1 6/1 in under an hour.

I don't think he played all that well (I mean, he's playing good enough, but not as good as the score may suggest), just that Montanes' very bad.

Gilles W/UEs ratio is 14/15, Montanes is 9/30

Well, anyway, onto next round. Allez.

misty1
10-11-2011, 01:36 PM
and you guys said he couldnt win easy

good job gilles

Gillouthe best
10-11-2011, 03:27 PM
he plays harrison or ebden next

MsTree
10-11-2011, 05:27 PM
and you guys said he couldnt win easy

good job gilles

:D I think we said don't expect him to win easy :devil:

Good job Gillou! :woohoo:

FlameOn
10-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Crushed him :eek:.

Gillouthe best
10-12-2011, 08:41 AM
He plays Ebden next, who defeated Harrison easily

misty1
10-12-2011, 12:00 PM
he should be able to beat ebden

lalaland
10-12-2011, 05:39 PM
OOP Thursday:

GRANDSTAND start 12:30 pm
B Tomic (AUS) vs [12] A Dolgopolov (UKR)
S Giraldo (COL) vs K Nishikori (JPN)
[8] G Simon (FRA) vs [Q] M Ebden (AUS)

Disaster if he loses to Ebden, then again, it's within the realm of possibility since I just jinx him :p.

Allez Gilles, get yourself another chance to face Andy :scared:, you never know...maybe Wawa will show up instead ;).

misty1
10-12-2011, 05:57 PM
cross fingers and hope for the best

honestly he should beat ebden but..then again i have learned to never be over confident with him

lalaland
10-12-2011, 06:12 PM
honestly he should beat ebden but..then again i have learned to never be over confident with him

A lot of players should have beaten the lowly ranked Ebden, yet he's still standing, so...

Having said that, I'll be mad if Gilles doesn't manage :p. No pressure, Gilles :)

mike s.
10-12-2011, 06:45 PM
I've never seen Ebden play so I don't know what to expect. Gilles should win though after looking at Ebden's results.

lalaland
10-12-2011, 07:05 PM
I can't recall seeing Ebden played either, so I don't know what his play style is.
Gilles said he played Ebden before, Brisbane in double. Team Simon lost of course. At least he knows what's coming.

misty1
10-12-2011, 08:08 PM
A lot of players should have beaten the lowly ranked Ebden, yet he's still standing, so...

Having said that, I'll be mad if Gilles doesn't manage :p. No pressure, Gilles :)

true but gilles is better then anyone he's played this week until this point

lalaland
10-12-2011, 08:51 PM
true but gilles is better then anyone he's played this week until this point

Don't get me wrong, I expect Gilles to win. I just don't want to underestimate any of his opponents. Players like Ebden is not consistent enough to play well week after week, but most of the players in the league is capable of turning up 1 super match once in awhile and pull an upset. That's why I feel the need to always prepare for the worse even if I expect the better.

misty1
10-13-2011, 12:36 AM
Don't get me wrong, I expect Gilles to win. I just don't want to underestimate any of his opponents. Players like Ebden is not consistent enough to play well week after week, but most of the players in the league is capable of turning up 1 super match once in awhile and pull an upset. That's why I feel the need to always prepare for the worse even if I expect the better.

i do that alot too.

lalaland
10-13-2011, 05:05 AM
Play already started at Stadium court with close roof, but Grandstand is raining heavily and rain forecasted thru out the day. I hope the 3 matches on Grandstand got to play today, otherwise, they are screwed.

Update:
They must have been moved to some other indoor facility, cos I'm looking at the scoreboard that Dolgo and Tomic has started playing, and the same time my Grandstand stream is showing rain. Which means there'll be no stream for Gilles' match. Oh well, as long as he gets to play today somewhere, that's good enough.

Another update:
2nd match is well underway in that other indoor location, in the mean time, they are actively drying the Grandstand. Does that mean Gilles' match will play there instead of indoor? we'll see.

FlameOn
10-13-2011, 08:09 AM
I hope my TV shows Gillou VS Ebden but they'll probably show Murray VS Wawrinka :rolleyes:. Oh well, live streams :smoke:.

misty1
10-13-2011, 12:03 PM
dropped the first set 2-6, took the 2nd set 6-2

tiebreaker in the 3rd:mad:

4-2 ebden

5-2 ebden

why oh why is he so shitty in tiebreakers?

5-3 ebden

5-4 ebden

6-4 ebden

6-5 ebden

6-6

7-6 ebden

7-7

8-7 ebden

8-8 with ace # 14

9-8 ebden

how many match points can he save?

apparently thats it

10-8 in the tiebreak:mad:

Silver.
10-13-2011, 12:33 PM
:facepalm:

awful.

FlameOn
10-13-2011, 12:43 PM
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m142/AJB4/wtfavi0000.gif

mike s.
10-13-2011, 03:58 PM
The only positive thing I can say is that at least with Murray next he probably would have lost next round so it's not like he blew a huge opportunity. There's something really wrong with him right now though, this is one of his worst stretches in a long time. I think the U.S. Open loss hurt him more than I thought. I've given up on the top 8 because he honestly doesn't even deserve to go but hopefully he can do well at home in Paris and still finish the year in the top 10.

If Murray doesn't win this title someone really random is going to be getting 1000 points.

Silver.
10-13-2011, 04:39 PM
The only positive thing I can say is that at least with Murray next he probably would have lost next round so it's not like he blew a huge opportunity. There's something really wrong with him right now though, this is one of his worst stretches in a long time. I think the U.S. Open loss hurt him more than I thought. I've given up on the top 8 because he honestly doesn't even deserve to go but hopefully he can do well at home in Paris and still finish the year in the top 10.

If Murray doesn't win this title someone really random is going to be getting 1000 points.

Roddick :bigclap: Roddick :bigclap: Roddick :bigclap:

It would make my year.

Good point though, I was forgetting Murray was next. But still, it makes me sad when he loses these matches because it's obvious something is up. Whether it be mental or physical...I don't even know which is worse.

MsTree
10-13-2011, 05:29 PM
LOL now that would be really random! :lol:

Oh Gilles :( My heart sank when I saw that the 3rd had gone to a TB!

lalaland
10-13-2011, 05:40 PM

I've been searching for words since the match ended... can't find anything that would come out right. I don't want to be too harsh.

I've given up WTF long time ago, I actually don't really want him to be in it, as I can't see him winning any matches against the top guys atm. But even the Top 10 is iffy now. If Roddick or Dolgo, or both got into the Final, Gilles lost his currently Top 10 spot in the Race, which will be hard for him to recover. Sucks if Gilles missed the last spot at the end, I mean, ever since he won Hamburg and get to 11, he's been knocking on the door, he was only 5 pts away from Top 10 then the week after Hamburg. And to not be able to get back in after months of hanging around at 11-12, it really would sucks loads. Let's hope he can somehow hangs on to that.

mike s.
10-14-2011, 04:11 PM
I've been searching for words since the match ended... can't find anything that would come out right. I don't want to be too harsh.

I've given up WTF long time ago, I actually don't really want him to be in it, as I can't see him winning any matches against the top guys atm. But even the Top 10 is iffy now. If Roddick or Dolgo, or both got into the Final, Gilles lost his currently Top 10 spot in the Race, which will be hard for him to recover. Sucks if Gilles missed the last spot at the end, I mean, ever since he won Hamburg and get to 11, he's been knocking on the door, he was only 5 pts away from Top 10 then the week after Hamburg. And to not be able to get back in after months of hanging around at 11-12, it really would sucks loads. Let's hope he can somehow hangs on to that.

The good news is the QF results went well today (except for Silver :p). Dolgo and Roddick both lost so the top 10 is still a pretty realistic goal.

MsTree
10-14-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm still hopeful for London :angel:

lalaland
10-14-2011, 09:27 PM
The good news is the QF results went well today (except for Silver :p). Dolgo and Roddick both lost so the top 10 is still a pretty realistic goal.

A good day indeed. I really hope that he'll make it at year end.

Silver.
10-15-2011, 01:19 PM
A good day indeed. I really hope that he'll make it at year end.

I want him to make WTF so so much! Roddick has ruined his chances now, but Gilles could still do it. Emphasis on the "could". 1). I will be going this year 2).It's the last year it will be in London! 3). One of my best chances to see him in real life...whether it's playing or practising.

Am I right in saying the year that he did get into the WTF he was actually ranked ninth?

Anyway, I will be really disappointed if he doesn't get top ten finish this year. He's worked so hard to get up there and has been hanging around for a while. He deserves it IMO.

FlameOn
10-15-2011, 01:30 PM
I want him to make WTF so so much! Roddick has ruined his chances now, but Gilles could still do it. Emphasis on the "could". 1). I will be going this year 2).It's the last year it will be in London! 3). One of my best chances to see him in real life...whether it's playing or practising.

Am I right in saying the year that he did get into the WTF he was actually ranked ninth?

Anyway, I will be really disappointed if he doesn't get top ten finish this year. He's worked so hard to get up there and has been hanging around for a while. He deserves it IMO.
:hug: for Roddick. On the plus side, don't those legs look amazing in those small socks? :drool:

MsTree
10-15-2011, 07:18 PM
London has the WTFs till 2013 I think?
And yes he was ranked 9th the year he qualified, Rafa dropped out through injury.

Silver.
10-15-2011, 11:31 PM
London has the WTFs till 2013 I think?
And yes he was ranked 9th the year he qualified, Rafa dropped out through injury.

I just looked at wiki, it says 2009-2012. That's news to me! I guess it's here for one more year :D :cheerleader:

It's been a massive success here, so I'm hoping they will bring it back someday :)

MsTree
10-16-2011, 07:19 AM
Aye I misread the article about Rafa moaning about the high tax rate :lol:

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/14102011/58/nadal-london-lose-atp-finals.html
The five-year contract for the ATP World Tour Finals, staged at the 02 Arena, comes up for renewal in 2013 but Nadal indicated that growing discontent could see players pushing for the event to be moved to a more favourable tax environment.

FlameOn
10-16-2011, 07:52 AM
Aye I misread the article about Rafa moaning about the high tax rate :lol:

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/14102011/58/nadal-london-lose-atp-finals.html
It's not like they can't afford it :rolls:.

lalaland
10-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Reading some stat from the ATP website...

Gilles' ranked 36 among the current players for TB record this year: W/L 12/16 :facepalm:. Career record is ranked 29: 69/71. Needs improvement in this area, but we already know that. In fact, It felt like he lost most of the TB this year, I'm shocked he actually won 12.

Anyway, I like reading stat and the ATP site now has a lot of stat to read. Cool. http://www.atpworldtour.com/Reliability-Zone/Reliability-Overall-Current-List.aspx

lalaland
10-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Gilles' draw top half in St. Petersburg:

Simon vs Mannarino
Gulbis vs Rosol
Riba vs Benneteau
Stakhovsky vs Youzhny

Cilic vs Qualifier
Devvarman vs Beck
Qualifier vs Seppi
Andreev vs Granollers

Well, I think the bottom half looks easier, advantage to Tipsy, who's caught up with Gilles in the Race atm, and is going to take over the #10 spot if he wins Moscow tomorrow. It's up to Gilles to perform in this last stretch of the season to achieve his year long goal. Allez Gilles, you can do it.

misty1
10-22-2011, 07:53 PM
oh..why the hell does adrian have to draw gilles?

gilles and adrian need the points badly for different reasons..i think given the situation i sadly have to hope adrian pulls it out

i think adrian's cause is more important than gillou's

(dont hate me)

Gillouthe best
10-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Tough draw, but he can make it

lalaland
10-22-2011, 08:54 PM
gilles and adrian need the points badly for different reasons..i think given the situation i sadly have to hope adrian pulls it out

i think adrian's cause is more important than gillou's

(dont hate me)

Does that ever occur to you to say these things in Adrian's forum, not Gilles'? Since you aren't exactly cheering for Gilles, maybe other Adrian's fans will find it more agreeable to concur with your opinion at the place where Adrian's fans are populated, which I assure you that it's not in his opponent's forum. If you don't want Gilles' fans to hate you, it'll probably be the wiser to not tell us that it's best that Gilles loses, don't you think?

But anyway, it's not up to you to decide who's cause is more important. And unless Adrian's win will contribute to the great good of the universe, which I doubt (although I won't be surprised that Gilles' haters will think so), otherwise, I would think both their causes are as important to the man who tries to achieve them. And considering that Gilles may have more fans than Adrian, it's probably logical to think that Gilles' cause will affect more fans than Adrian's cause will, hence, maybe deemed more important in the bigger scheme of things. Then again, it's only a tennis match. :lol:

Kezzi
10-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Does that ever occur to you to say these things in Adrian's forum, not Gilles'? Since you aren't exactly cheering for Gilles, maybe other Adrian's fans will find it more agreeable to concur with your opinion at the place where Adrian's fans are populated, which I assure you that it's not in his opponent's forum. If you don't want Gilles' fans to hate you, it'll probably be the wiser to not tell us that it's best that Gilles loses, don't you think?

But anyway, it's not up to you to decide who's cause is more important. And unless Adrian's win will contribute to the great good of the universe, which I doubt (although I won't be surprised that Gilles' haters will think so), otherwise, I would think both their causes are as important to the man who tries to achieve them. And considering that Gilles may have more fans than Adrian, it's probably logical to think that Gilles' cause will affect more fans than Adrian's cause will, hence, maybe deemed more important in the bigger scheme of things. Then again, it's only a tennis match. :lol:
Amazing post! :worship:
And +1, I couldn't have said it better. :lol:

I like them both, but I cheer for Gilles in this match. Allez! :cheerleader:
Not because I think his cause is more important, but just because it's Gilou. :angel:

Gillouthe best
10-23-2011, 03:12 PM
He is scheduled on the last match on Centre Court

MsTree
10-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Well said Lala! :D And Allez Gilles!

Gillouthe best
10-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Gilles comes up next on Centre Court. !Allez!

Gillouthe best
10-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Broken, and brokes back, 2-2

Gillouthe best
10-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Won 6-2 first set altough he was a break down, he scored 5 games in a row. Saved 2/3 BP, converted 3/5, and won 6/13 points on 1st serve and 9/13 on 2nd.

MsTree
10-24-2011, 05:41 PM
6-2! Allez Gilles! Any1 got a stream link?

MsTree
10-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Ah OK found the Justin TV one. Broken in the first game of the 2nd :(

mike s.
10-24-2011, 05:45 PM
I had a livestream from LiveScoreHunter but it froze into a picture of porn at 5-2 for some reason :o. That was interesting :lol:

Anyway, Gilles was solid but he didn't have to do much, Mannarino was pretty bad in the first set.

MsTree
10-24-2011, 05:48 PM
http://www.justin.tv/radiotrance_280/popout

He's broken back :) 1-1

Gillouthe best
10-24-2011, 06:07 PM
3-3, wasted 3 bp

MsTree
10-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Terrible service game from Gilles, 4-5 :(

Gillouthe best
10-24-2011, 06:27 PM
Fuck, wasted 5 bp on the making, and Adrian wins set 2 6-4

Gillouthe best
10-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Getting worse and worse, 1-0 for Mannarino and serve

MsTree
10-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Broken in the first game of the 3rd :o :o :o WAKE UP GILLES!!!

Gilloulou
10-24-2011, 06:35 PM
speaking as a lover who's heart has been broken repeatedely lately - if he loses this one he should just retire for the rest of the season.

Gillouthe best
10-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Wastes 2 break pointa, fucking terrible match, and now on his serve, wastes 5 game points, including a 40-0 lead

Gillouthe best
10-24-2011, 06:54 PM
And finally holds at the 6th attempt. Phew!, he can still make damage, allez

Gillouthe best
10-24-2011, 06:58 PM
He is gonna lose, 2-4

lalaland
10-24-2011, 07:00 PM
What a discouraging match to watch. Honestly, he's playing like crap since USO. I really don't see how he's going to make any splash in the remaining tournaments. Maybe he's a bit fatigue mentally. But anyway, he'll still try Valencia and certainly won't miss Paris. It's a pity that he's so close to Top 10 but most likely won't make it this year. I'm feeling bad for him. But this' also been a very encouraging year. If he doesn't make Top 10, it's definitely not because of lack of trying. I'm gonna try keep thinking the positive.

MsTree
10-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Well if he's going to do something here, he's going to have to do it now. 4-5. Allez!

Gillouthe best
10-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Lost

MsTree
Oh well :(

Gillouthe best
Has he any injury?

Silver.
10-24-2011, 07:19 PM
:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

mike s.
10-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Depressing. I didn't see after the first set so I don't know what went wrong but I'm assuming he showed little fire again. He just seems mentally and physically fatigued at this point.

Oh well, as I said earlier even if he can't get into the top 10 I hope he plays well in Paris at home to finish out the year on a high note. We have to remember he's moved from the mid-40s to close to the top 10 in one year so it's been a successful year overall.

lalaland
10-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Oh well, as I said earlier even if he can't get into the top 10 I hope he plays well in Paris at home to finish out the year on a high note. We have to remember he's moved from the mid-40s to close to the top 10 in one year so it's been a successful year overall.

I don't think he ever plays well in Paris, the fast surface doesn't fit him much.
Anyway, he won 2 tournaments including a 500. It's been a good year in my book no matter.
Allez Gilles, keep trying next week.

Silver.
10-24-2011, 07:29 PM
I agree he has done so well to rise up the rankings with some great results. But the good always has to come with the bad (unless you're Nole)

Just hoping for at least a couple more good wins before the season is out. Good luck Gillou :cheerleader:

FlameOn
10-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Oh Gilles :sad:. Good break in the off-seson then you kick ass in 2012 again yes?! :cheerleader:

Gillouthe best
10-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Let's see if he can win some matches in Valencia, he starts against Davydenko, then GGL or Q, and QF against Ferrer, Verdasco or Isner.

His quarter:
Ferrer(1)- Verdasco
Qualifier- Isner
Garcia-Lopez- Qualifier
Simon(5)- Davydenko

MsTree
10-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Flippin heck!!! :o Oh well, at least he's not in Jo or Gael's half! :lol:

FlameOn
10-29-2011, 12:58 PM
:scared:

Silver.
10-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Oh man. :rolleyes:

Allez Gilles!

mike s.
10-30-2011, 01:21 AM
Well, good luck winning a match :p

MsTree
10-31-2011, 06:29 AM
He's first up today 1pm local time. If someone finds a good stream could they record it if possible?

ALLEZ!!!

Gilloulou
10-31-2011, 01:00 PM
already lost the first set, ai, a classic start

Gilloulou
10-31-2011, 01:49 PM
back at it with the 2nd

Gilloulou
10-31-2011, 02:29 PM
and it's over

Silver.
10-31-2011, 04:40 PM
Jesus. This is getting hard.

lalaland
10-31-2011, 05:12 PM
I was too busy this weekend that I didn't even know he's playing today. Oh well, nothing missed.
Well, I'm just gonna pretend that this season is over. He'll be back on track comes next year, I think so, or hope so.

MsTree
10-31-2011, 07:37 PM
Well, I couldn't really afford a last minute trip to London anyway :o
Thanks Gillou, you've saved me a 25 hour round trip in a bus, always thinking of your fans :angel:

Silver.
11-01-2011, 01:27 PM
I wanted him to finish top ten so badly, but he's slipped away and I don't think there's much of a chance of that happening :sad:

Never mind, he has had a good year. Consequently, he will have a lot of points to defend next year...his body just needs to hold up and if he gets his head together he may be able to make a push for top ten next year. At least he is starting in a much better position for draws. I just hope he wins at least one match in paris :p

soulage
11-01-2011, 03:22 PM
What's is this story about changing his game. Since the USO he repeats to the french reporters from lequipe that he has to change something to be not only 10th in the world that's why he's working on changements. To be honest watching in st peterbourg i found he was just bad :p

I found the explanation about the fact he prefers not to ensure a top 10 rank and a spot for Masters now for this famous changing and the future strange to not say much :devil: Do you notice what was these things he was working on for the future ? All his interview are confused for me :confused:

MsTree
11-01-2011, 07:25 PM
What interview was that Soulage? I missed it.

soulage
11-01-2011, 08:34 PM
When he lost to Granollers in Beijing and now after that loss to Davydenko.

If you don't speak french it will be tough but for Gilles he has touched his limits and has to change things. He has a project that of course he wants to keep for himself :lol: He says he's ambitious and want to take risk what he didn't do since 3 years and today we can read that he lost one year to prove to himself something he already know :confused:

Well I understand that he is not satisfied with himself and try things on court which explains all that loss and poor match lately. The question is can he do it can he be more that a top 10 player ? It's indeed risky bet. Well nowadays many players reach their best at 30 yo.

lalaland
11-01-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm gonna trust that Gilles knows what he's doing, or maybe he doesn't, but I can't fault him for wanting to try do better.

I mean, at this stage of his career (he's 27 next year), it's easy to be complacent (10-20 ranks do make decency earnings). I like that he has the ambition to do better. It's a good thing, nevermind if he can actually be better or not. I mean, he won't know if he doesn't try, right?

I'll start worrying if he's in a slump for half a year trying to change things (hopefully it won't happen), otherwise, I take this news as a positive.

heba-mig
11-02-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm gonna trust that Gilles knows what he's doing, or maybe he doesn't, but I can't fault him for wanting to try do better.

I mean, at this stage of his career (he's 27 next year), it's easy to be complacent (10-20 ranks do make decency earnings). I like that he has the ambition to do better. It's a good thing, nevermind if he can actually be better or not. I mean, he won't know if he doesn't try, right?

I'll start worrying if he's in a slump for half a year trying to change things (hopefully it won't happen), otherwise, I take this news as a positive.

:yeah:

mike s.
11-03-2011, 11:41 PM
I think it's a good thing that he's trying new things out at the end of the year and it actually makes me feel better about his slump. He's already finished top 10 and been at the YEC so it's good to see he has higher goals. I wouldn't recommend doing this during majors but a little bit of tinkering with the game is ok for me during the fall season. I assume with a full off-season of work he'll be ready to go. The interesting thing for me is that I don't even think he played that well in the first half of the season despite doing well enough to make it back up to the top 15. He can make up points in a lot of places including at the AO where he had his best GS result previously.

Good luck Gilles, it's been a tough couple of months but that's what makes the good times as a fan better.

Silver.
11-04-2011, 11:51 AM
I think it's a good thing that he's trying new things out at the end of the year and it actually makes me feel better about his slump. He's already finished top 10 and been at the YEC so it's good to see he has higher goals. I wouldn't recommend doing this during majors but a little bit of tinkering with the game is ok for me during the fall season. I assume with a full off-season of work he'll be ready to go. The interesting thing for me is that I don't even think he played that well in the first half of the season despite doing well enough to make it back up to the top 15. He can make up points in a lot of places including at the AO where he had his best GS result previously.

Good luck Gilles, it's been a tough couple of months but that's what makes the good times as a fan better.

Definitely :)

MsTree
11-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Paris draw is out http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2011/352/mds.pdf
Monaco or qualifier in R2. Lets not look any further than that! Allez! :D

Puschkin
11-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Gilles and Richard made the draw, pics on Bercy facebook.

Gillouthe best
11-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Gillou has a shot at #11, because Delpo has withdrawn. But anyway, he would need a QF, and that's too much asking.

lalaland
11-07-2011, 06:26 PM
We had a sunny weekend here and somehow that makes me very cheery, it was supposed to be raining. My friend said it's all about managing my expectation...So anyway, I'll be happy if Gilles wins a match ;) or 2. Allez Gilles.

Gillouthe best
11-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Gilles plays Monaco on R2, not before 8:30

Gillouthe best
11-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Gilles to start

MsTree
11-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Gilles speaking in English at a French tournie? weird! :lol: Allez! :D

Stronga23
11-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Please Gilles prevent me from breaking down today.

MsTree
11-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Please Gilles prevent me from breaking down today.

:hug: Gael just didn't look right today at all :(

Broken already, typical Gillou start :lol:

Gillouthe best
11-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Yes, but i am worried, he is not looking fresh

Stronga23
11-09-2011, 07:44 PM
:hug: Gael just didn't look right today at all :(

Broken already, typical Gillou start :lol:

:hug: Yeah it was strange to say the least. I have a feeling Gilles will get in the zone ;)

Gillouthe best
11-09-2011, 07:57 PM
how is he playing?

Stronga23
11-09-2011, 08:00 PM
how is he playing?

Gilles is playing solid trying to increase the pace on his groundies. I feel a break from Gillou soon!

Gillouthe best
11-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Thanks.

Silver.
11-09-2011, 08:17 PM
:mad: lost the first set. Didn't have one BP.

Wish I could watch :sadface:

Cloudygirl
11-09-2011, 08:19 PM
jeez this is like a car crash

MsTree
11-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Aye it's not pretty :tape:

Cloudygirl
11-09-2011, 08:34 PM
ffs please please don't get bagelled in front of your home crowd.

mike s.
11-09-2011, 08:35 PM
This is just embarrassing :o

He isn't playing like a top 100 player right now, I've honestly never seen him play worse.

Silver.
11-09-2011, 08:36 PM
I take it back, i'm glad i'm not watching.

FFS. What a shitty end of season run this has been :sad:

Cloudygirl
11-09-2011, 08:37 PM
He's played worse at Bercy I've watched it. This is def not good though at all. Thing is with his style of play if he doesn't get it right he can look really really ordinary.

Cloudygirl
11-09-2011, 08:47 PM
actually no I take it back these last few games have been even more dire. What the heck was this. Disgraceful.

lalaland
11-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Ouch, scoreline :o.

Didn't watch, wasn't surprised that he lost, shocked by the scoreline, glad the season is over.

Whatever is going on with you Gilles, please sort it out over the off season. Other than that, have a good rest in the off season. Cheers.

MsTree
11-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Gilles! :o 6-4 6-0. Poor end to the season :(

Kezzi
11-09-2011, 09:56 PM
I was there. :o I so wished for a 1 to show up in the second set, but Gilles was out of luck. Lots of errors and just when a line judge called the ball out at 40-30 for 5-0, Monaco challenges and it's in... :( Even the help of line judges didn't work today, it was horrible to watch. My sister (not a Gilou fan) even asked me "how does he manage to stay in the top 20 with a game like this?" :tape: I drag her to Gilou and then she gets to watch this :facepalm: I wonder if I manage to drag her to one of his matches ever again. :rolleyes:

Cloudygirl
11-09-2011, 10:02 PM
I was there. :o I so wished for a 1 to show up in the second set, but Gilles was out of luck. Lots of errors and just when a line judge called the ball out at 40-30 for 5-0, Monaco challenges and it's in... :( Even the help of line judges didn't work today, it was horrible to watch. My sister (not a Gilou fan) even asked me "how does he manage to stay in the top 20 with a game like this?" :tape: I drag her to Gilou and then she gets to watch this :facepalm: I wonder if I manage to drag her to one of his matches ever again. :rolleyes:

:hug:

Gilloulou
11-09-2011, 10:28 PM
thank god the season was over at the US open, and we are all having a long break till 2012 :]

Puschkin
11-12-2011, 12:58 PM
I did not know where to post this:

http://www.trouville-deauville.maville.com/sport/detail_-Open-de-Caen-Gasquet-et-Simon-completent-un-plateau-de-reve_fil-2031802_actu.Htm

Gilles playing a tournament in France mid December. Thanks to Laullie from richardgasquet.net for finding this.

Kezzi
11-20-2011, 10:33 PM
I love France and French players too, and Im trying to know more and more, so it was worth waking up because of the new information. :cool:

when I see Forget at matches, I think he is there because of the davis cup team. I hope sooooo much that next year they will be in the final and win. :rocker2: :cheerleader:

I didn't know at all that Gillou plays interclubs too. I hope he'll get enought time to be with his family and rest.
I wonder what they mean by changing his play. :scratch: I think I've read this somewhere..

thank you for your wish! last year I wrote about Roland Garros, my teacher liked it, and I hope he will like this-year-one too. ;)
Its so funny I am not the only one to incorporate tennis into regular schoolwork. In high school my two subjects to choose from for my German oral exam were my favorite thing to watch on tv or my favorite sport. I had to take it during Wimbledon, so guess what I talked about? :p And for Dutch everyone needed to choose a topic for an elucidation (my dictionary tells me this, it's similar to pleading in court). I chose the topic of smaller vs bigger tennis rackets, cause I read a little piece in the newspaper that morning about McEnroe commenting on bigger rackets making tennis easier for hard hitters. My teacher gave me a funny look, but was curious to find out what I'd make of it. In the end I got the highest grade of my class :D

Ok, on topic again. I don't think interclubs interfere very much with the off season. From what I read and understood it's only in weekends and if it's similar to the German version, it's more like an exho for players like Gilles. I've visited this kind of competition in Germany and everyone is always very relaxed. Ok, they are bummed when they lose, but the feeling is gone a lot sooner than in regular matches.
Who wants to change his play? :scratch:

I moved this conversation here from the video thread, I didn't know where else to put it, but the video thread is for videos. :)

I did not know where to post this:

http://www.trouville-deauville.maville.com/sport/detail_-Open-de-Caen-Gasquet-et-Simon-completent-un-plateau-de-reve_fil-2031802_actu.Htm

Gilles playing a tournament in France mid December. Thanks to Laullie from richardgasquet.net for finding this.
Thanks for the news. :yeah:
Now I want to go, this area is beautiful and having Gilou there makes it even better. :p

Gillouthe best
11-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Well, he is going to have a lot of events to play in, as he has played Interclubs, from 13-15th. in Caen and an exho with Lopez, Ferrer, Almagro, Robredo and Raonic in Bilbao(Spain).Here is the link: http://www.masterstenisbilbao.es/art/112/el-sexto-hombre-del-iv-masters-tenis-bilbao-sera-el-frances-gilles-simon.html

moi1227
11-22-2011, 08:12 PM
In the end I got the highest grade of my class :D

Who wants to change his play? :scratch:

congratulations :clap2:

I don't know exactly who. I don't find where I've read it, I think here in one of the threads, but I don't find. :stupid:
I will look for it.