> Pim Pim News and Articles < [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

> Pim Pim News and Articles <

Pages : [1] 2 3

Aleksa's Laydee
10-12-2004, 08:03 PM
I thought it would be cool to have a thread so anyone can put anything news/articles they come across about joachim for all of us to see :D :wavey:

Heres the 1st one:

Johansson stuns Roddick

Joachim Johansson held off a dramatic fightback from defending champion Andy Roddick to reach the semi-finals of the US Open on Thursday night.
The Swede will meet Lleyton Hewitt in the last four after his 6-4 6-4 3-6 2-6 6-4 victory.

Johansson looked to have let his chance slip as Roddick hit back from two sets down with some stunning serving.

But in a tense final set, he saved a break point before a Roddick error gave him victory on the third match point.

"Let's give him credit, the guy serves out of a tree," said Roddick afterwards.

"I had a good look at his serve in the fifth set but I just played a bad game.

"I had a bunch of break points and only converted a couple and he had a few and converted almost all of them."

Roddick seemed surprised by Johansson's power in the opening stages as the 28th seed took control with big serves and fierce forehands.

I'm not happy but losses like this make me hungrier

Andy Roddick
Second seed Roddick double-faulted on break point in the fifth game to let the first set slip and, after twice failing to convert from 0-40, was soon two sets down.

But with his grip on the title apparently weakening, the world number two dug deep to find his most devastating form.

He did not lose a point on serve in racing through the third set and, with the pressure mounting on Johansson, Roddick broke twice in the fourth to level the match.

The final set was a desperately close affair with both players sending down a barrage of aces, and Johansson saved a break point with the score at 4-4.

That blow clearly affected Roddick, who put in two double-faults as Johansson moved to 0-40 and three match points.

Two big serves suggested Roddick might recover again but on match point number three he ended a lengthy rally with a wayward backhand, and his reign as US Open champion was over.

"I've had a couple of heartbreakers in slams this year," said Roddick, who lost to Roger Federer in the Wimbledon final.

"I just have to step up and win those. I'm not happy but losses like this make me hungrier."

Johansson said: "I got a good start in the first two sets, went down a little in the middle, and then hung in there in the fifth so it was good for me.

"It was pretty windy here but I made the big shots.

"I won my first title in Memphis this year, which was good, but I think this is probably a little bit bigger."

The Swede must now prepare for his first Grand Slam semi-final on Saturday, and it will be against former champion Hewitt - the brother of Johansson's girlfriend Jaslyn.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/3643414.stm

Aleksa's Laydee
10-12-2004, 08:05 PM
and another two ;)

Johansson splits Hewitts

Joachim Johansson is threatening to drive a wedge through the Hewitt family after he beat Andy Roddick to reach the semi-finals of the US Open on Thursday.
The Swede will play Lleyton Hewitt in the last four in a match that will test the loyalties of the Australian's sister Jaslyn, Johansson's girlfriend.

"You can't pick your brother but you can pick your boyfriend, so I hope she'll support me," Johansson said.

"Lleyton and I are good friends. I hope we'll be good friends after Saturday."

The 22-year-old Johansson, the 28th seed, will be playing in his first Grand Slam semi-final.

He added: "I was supposed to be playing golf with my dad in Scotland this weekend but I'll have to change my plans now.

"It's going to be a very tough match. It will be a little bit weird but we know each other's games well. I'm going to have to serve well and move well."

Hewitt, the 2001 champion, trounced Germany's Tommy Haas 6-2 6-2 6-2 in his quarter-final.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/3643946.stm

Johansson suffers shock loss in Lyon
Fri 8 October, 2004 17:20

LYON, France, Oct 8 (Reuters) - U.S. Open semi-finalist Joachim Johansson suffered a surprise defeat by fellow Swede Robin Soderling at the Lyon Grand Prix on Friday.

Soderling, ranked 47th in the world, won their quarter-final 6-3 6-4 in 58 minutes.

Fourth seed Johansson was the highest-ranked player left in the tournament after the exits of Chile's Olympic champion Nicolas Massu, German Rainer Schuettler and Spaniard Juan Carlos Ferrero.

"I don't have the feeling I played worse than yesterday or the day before yesterday," 22-year-old Johansson said.

"I only lost my serve twice because Robin took advantage of the two break points he had and I missed the only one I got."

In the first quarter-final Belgian Xavier Malisse defeated Russian Mikhail Youzhny 6-3 6-4.

"My season has been very erratic but I'm having a good week and I hope that it means I'm entering a good period," said Malisse.

Seventh-ranked Vincent Spadea of the United States is now the only surviving seed. He was due to face Austrian Jurgen Melzer in the evening session while Swede Jonas Bjorkman was playing Spaniard David Ferrer.

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=tennisNews&storyID=6454800&src=rss/uk/tennisNews&section=news

Canuck_Chick
10-16-2004, 03:18 PM
:wavey:I have one:
Johansson beats Roddick at his own game

NEW YORK -- The execution is fairly straightforward: big serve plus big forehand equals game, set, match point. This was supposed to be how Andy Roddick won his second straight U.S. Open, not how he lost it.

But there was Joachim Johansson, a languid 6-foot-6 player from Lund, Sweden, beating Roddick at his own lethal hit-and-miss game. Johansson, also 22 years old, is the Euro Roddick.

For two sets Thursday night in their quarterfinal match, Johansson absolutely bludgeoned the No. 2-seeded Roddick. Some of the serves and forehands he snapped off were so hard and fast they may have evaporated. But then, somewhere between the second and third sets, reality began to dawn on the young Swede. His previously imperious forehand and serve began to fray. By the end of the fourth set, Johansson looked like the player who began the season ranked No. 113 in the world.

And then, in the brave new world of his first five-set match, it was Johansson who was surprisingly stronger. When Roddick's backhand looped over the baseline, the overlooked No. 28 seed was a stunning 6-4, 6-4, 3-6, 2-6, 6-4 winner.

Roddick was so angry over the loss, he came off the court after that 2-hour, 55-minute match and ran several long laps in the oval corridor under Arthur Ashe Stadium. Later, he pointed to the break-point conversions as the difference. Roddick had 15 break points and converted only three. Johansson had only five, but won the same number.

"That was the match," Roddick said. "Let's give some credit to him. He serves out of a tree.

"I don't feel good, but at the same time I fought to the end. I gave it everything I had. It's disheartening, it's disappointing but I'll recover. I'll feel fine."

Said Johansson, "Someone told me he won 150 points [152, actually], and I won 120 [128]. That means I won the right points -- I don't know how."

Johansson's semifinal opponent is No. 4 seed Lleyton Hewitt, a 6-2, 6-2, 6-2 winner over Tommy Haas earlier on Thursday. He will be slightly conflicted because his girlfriend Jaslyn is Hewitt's sister. Johansson said she would sit in a neutral luxury suite, rather than decide between their respective family and friends boxes.

Roddick had won 11 consecutive matches here, going back to his 2002 quarterfinals loss to Pete Sampras. And so, for the first time since 1986, there will be no American-born player in the men's semifinals.

While Roddick possesses the fastest serve in tennis history, Johansson came into the match leading the tournament with 76 aces, 22 more than Roddick. After five sets, Roddick won the ace battle 34-30, but Johansson held his own. They broke each other three times in five sets, but Johansson was resourceful enough to save one for each of his successful sets.

Before a militantly pro-Roddick crowd, Johansson had the nerve to break Roddick's serve in the match's fifth game (when Roddick double-faulted). And then the rain came, sending the players to the locker room for a 55-minute rest. When they returned John McEnroe, an analyst for USA Network, said it was the "tightest" he had seen Roddick at this year's Open.

When Johansson closed in on the first set, he had a few queasy moments. He needed four set points, but he converted the final chance with a ridiculous forehand winner down the line.

The second set turned on a sequence in the second and third games. Johansson saved three break points to level things at 1-all, then Roddick won the first three points of his serve. And then Johansson won the next five points, the last on another thundering forehand. That service break held up when Johansson did the same thing, serving at 5-3. He lost the first three points, when his serve went south, then won five in a row -- a sick, sick forehand and an unreturnable serve closing the deal.

It was two sets to love and Johansson was playing unconscious tennis, which was precisely the point. Suddenly, he was all too conscious of Roddick and his place in the game.

Roddick broke his serve for the first time in the set's third game and, accompanied by his first double-fist-pumping scream, it seemed to energize him. He won the set in 28 minutes, ending with a resounding ace.

In the third game of the fourth set, Roddick scored his second break, ripping a running forehand cross-court winner. Serving with confidence -- at one point, he won 28 consecutive points on his serve -- Roddick swiftly reeled Johansson in. He broke him again two games later, and it was on to the ultimate set.

Johansson, picking up the level of his game, looked surprisingly fresh. For the first time, the two players were playing their best tennis at the same time. Roddick had two break-point opportunities, in the third and ninth games, but Johnansson rallied to win each game.

In the end, Johansson collected three match points with Roddick serving at 4-5 and converted the last when Roddick's backhand was long.

"I lost a couple heartbreakers in Slams this year," Roddick said. "I just need to step up and win those.

"The losses like this, they make me hungrier. So hopefully I'll come back with something good."

How far has Johansson come? He lost on the same court here last year in the first round, to Mardy Fish. How far? He was scheduled to play golf with his father Leif -- who played Davis Cup for Sweden with Bjorn Borg -- in Scotland on Thursday, but, he said, "I had to change my plan."

Hewitt was the world's No. 1 player in 2001 and 2002, but hasn't been to the semis of a Grand Slam event since the 2001 U.S. Open, a string of 0-for-7. Hewitt has had the misfortune to lose in all three of this year's majors to the eventual champion -- the Australian Open in the fourth round to Roger Federer, to Gaston Gaudio in the French Open quarterfinals and Federer, again, in the Wimbledon quarters.

"It would be strange playing him in a semifinals of a Slam," Hewitt said. "I've practiced with him a lot. He's got a lot of firepower, as much as Roddick."

Maybe Hewitt knew something. He made those remarks after his day match, some five hours before Johansson stunned Roddick.

Roddick, who once played junior doubles with Johansson, also beat him in their three junior singles matches. He knew Johansson had a big game. Now, the rest of the tennis world knows that Joachim Johansson's got a lot of firepower.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/usopen04/news/story?id=1878437

Toppu
10-22-2004, 09:12 AM
http://www.sportal.com.au/tennis.asp?i=news&id=57780

Johansson a starter

The depth of the 2005 Next Generation Hardcourts has been boosted after exciting young Swede Joachim Johansson confirmed his intention to challenge Australian Lleyton Hewitt in his hometown tournament.

Johansson, 22, has several motivations to play the Hardcourts, which start January 3.

Not only would victory in the $US380,000 lead-up tournament to the Australian Open leave him in great stead for the first grand slam of the year and further signal his dramatic rise through the men's circuit, but it will also coincide with a visit to his girlfriend, Jaslyn Hewitt.

The younger sister of Lleyton, Jaslyn's loyalty was famously torn in the semi final of the men's US Open last month when her boyfriend battled her brother for a shot at the final.

Hewitt won that encounter, but Johansson would love to settle the score by causing an upset on the Australian's home turf.

Aside from his personal connection to Adelaide, Johansson has plenty of fond memories of Memorial Drive.

Johansson was a part of the Sweden team which dramatically upset Australia in the Davis Cup in February, and he was able to build on his good form there to enjoy an exciting year in which he rose 102 places on the men's circuit to No. 11, and captured his first ATP title at Memphis.

He was also a quarterfinalist at Toronto, Long Island, San Jose and Lyon.

Tournament director Peter Johnston was delighted to have Johansson confirmed for the 32-draw event.

"Joachim is one of the most exciting young players on the ATP Tour at the moment and it is great he’s chosen to return to Adelaide again," Johnston said.

Johansson has played in Adelaide in 2002 and 2003 but lost in qualifying rounds, but is hopeful of adding his name to the illustrious list of winners including Hewitt in 1998 and 2000, Tommy Haas of Germany (2001) and Great Britain’s Tim Henman (2002).

Aleksa's Laydee
10-26-2004, 05:09 PM
Swede Joachim Johansson, seeded second, opens Tuesday night against Chile's Adrian Garcia. Johansson, a US Open finalist, is pleased to have a non-travel

week.

"I'm happy to stay home, I live 30 minutes away form the event and I have a lot of friends coming to watch me, so I'm looking forward to that."

Canuck_Chick
10-26-2004, 08:20 PM
"Pim-Pim" Dominates Against Garcia
Joachim ”Pim-Pim” Johansson moved on to the second round via a comfortable win against Adrian Garcia.

The tall Swede, ranked #11 in the world, was in charge all the way from the start of the match. Already in the first game, Johansson broke Garcia’s serve. From there on, the Chilean was never really close to threaten Johansson, who was hammering down serves and forehands. In the second set, the story repeated itself with the Chilean dropping his serve already in the first game. With another break of serve, the winning score line was 6-4, 6-2.

- I got a good start in both sets and then I could put all focus on my service games, Johansson says.

Last year, Johansson was an outsider who reached the quarterfinals. This year, the Swede has made very fast progress in the rankings and is just outside the top 10.

- I didn’t write as many autographs last year, that’s for sure, Johansson said with a smile on his face.

Johansson has played in Stockholm every year since 1997, when he made his debut in the qualifying event at a mere age of 15.

- This tournament means a lot to me. I have dreamt about playing on Center Court since I was very young, the top ranked Swede says.

Next up for Johansson is Jan-Michael Gambill, a player that "Pim-Pim" dispatched in three sets at the US Open two months ago. The two will play on Thursday.

http://www.stockholmopen.se/t3.asp?p=39340&x=1&a=137375
__________________________________________________ ______________
this is an interview with Pim Pim in swedish. I have no idea what he says since i don't speak swedish, but here it is anyway:
__________________________________________________ ______________
Presskonferens med Joachim “Pim-Pim” Johansson if…Stockholm Open 2004-10-25:

Pim-Pim satsar fortfarande på Mastersslutspelet i Houston. Hoppas på seger två veckor i rad.

Q: Kommer singelspelet att påverkas av en seger i dubbelspelet?
A: Ja att vinna första matchen i en tävling och framförallt att vinna en match innan första singelmatchen är väl det som betyder mest tycker jag. Jag tycker att jag gjorde en helt okej match och att min medspelare spelade väldigt bra idag.

Q: Har det någon betydelse att få lemmarna igång, är det annorlunda än vanlig träning?
A: Ja självklart är det annorlunda än träning att gå in på Centre Courten här. Det är alltid nått man sett fram emot sen man var liten. Det underlättar för mig imorgon tycker jag.

Q: Hur känns skillnaden i år. Förr året kom du hit på ett wildcard i är du seedad tvåa?
A: ja det är positivt tycker jag och lite annorlunda. Dels att man inte kommer att stötta på någon av de högst seedade, men det är så bra startfält att man kan åka på en första omgångs förlust än då tycker jag. Men det är skönt att veta att man är inne i tävlingen redan innan man kom hit. Förra året fick jag reda på det på fredag kväll Så det är lite annorlunda.

Q: Det måste ju vara en skillnad i självförtroende också. Du är ju inte samma spelare sen sist?
A: Jo samma spelare är jag men sen kanske jag gått framåt sen sist. Men sen har jag förlorat 7-6, 6-7, 7-6 sista två veckorna och det har varit tunga förluster som har påverkat mig mycket inför Mastersslutspelet i Houston. Som de förlusterna har gjort att det blir väldigt svårt att at sig dit men spelar jag bra den här veckan och nästa i Paris så vet jag att jag fortfarande har chansen. Så det är mitt stora mål.

Q: Vad måste du göra för att ta dig dit?
A: Vinna två veckor i rad!

Q: Räcker det?
A: Ja då ligger jag nog bra till.

Q: Bar en sån sak, nu kan du säga två veckor i rad. Menar du att det finns någonting bakom det?
A: (skratt) Ja det är självklart. Men självklart är det små marginaler. Det vet vi ju inte minst från min semifinal mot Andy Roddick i Us Open. Ibland vinner man och ibland förlorar man. Så är det och det är ju så det kommer vara. Framförallt med mitt spelsätt är det små marginaler.

Q: Hur kändes det idag då? Det kändes som att Jarkko returnerade rätt bra idag?!
A: Ja (skratt) Det var ju skönt eftersom det gjorde det väldigt lätt för mig idag. Eftersom han hela tiden satte sina returer så kunde jag missa fem i rad men ändå hela tiden få nya chanser.

Q: Vad har du för rekord på serven nu(hastighetsrekord)?
A: Eh…vi kan nog vända oss till Johan Porsborn här bredvid? (if…Stockholm Opens press chef)
JP: Är rekordet fortfarande 228, 4 från Us Open I år? Men 245 km/h från Australien…inofficiellt.
A: Ja..
Q: Hade du inte 228 idag?
A: Okej, jag tittar ibland men inte hela tiden.

Q: Men är inte det lite lurigt. Jag menar när du spelar singel kan du ju gå för ess hela tiden men i dubbel så får du ju tillbaka dem på fötterna hela tiden.
A: Ja jag märkte det på andra bollen i matchen om inte annat när Johan (Landsberg) gick in och stämplade en retur rakt ner på fötterna på mig efter att jag servade i 222 km/h.

Q: Påverkar det hur du servar. Du hade någon mes där på 156?
A: Ja det kanske jag hade. Jag tycker att en bra servare ska kunna variera serven och det är så jag försöker serva ändå. Sen är det vissa game man försöker serva hårt och vissa man försöker mixa upp det så, jag tar game för game.

Q: Har du försökt börja variera dig mer den här säsongen nu?
A: Nä, jag har väl alltid försökt att variera mig, men kanske lite mer den här säsongen nu och förra. Både Jonas Björkman och Thomas Johansson har varit på mig mycket och sagt att jag har haft en väldigt bra serve men att jag skulle kunna utveckla den mer så de har hjälpt mig väldigt mycket med det. De har fått mig att inse att det kanske inte bara är hårdheten som gäller.

Q: Serven är så stor påfrestning för axeln. Preparerar du som toppspelare axeln på något sätt? Kan man göra det?
A: Man försöker ju bygga upp styrkan i axeln så bra som möjligt så att den blir så stark som den kan bli. Spelar man många veckor i rad med olika bollar så blir det extra påfrestning. Nu har det blivit fyra veckor i rad och olika märken varje vecka, vissa är lätta och vissa är tunga. Det skulle vara mycket bättre om man spelade med samma bollar tycker jag.

Q: Det finns väl vissa moment som man kan träna styrka i?
A: Ja man kan ju inte förebygga helt och vissa dagar känner man sig mer stark än andra. Man försöker ju undvika så mycket påfrestning som möjligt, dels få behandling och massage och sen finns det ju vissa dagar som man inte försöker serva lika hårt.

Q: Hur mycket skiljer det mellan olika bollar?
A: Ja för oss är det ju ganska stora skillnader men sen vet jag inte om någon motionär skull känna samma skillnad. Men för oss blir det väldigt stora skillnader och man får stränga lösare eller hårdare olika veckor.

Q: Hur är det den här veckan?
A: Den här veckan är de ganska tunga och förra veckan var det väldigt lätt plus att det var på hög höjd (Madrid). Så du flög det ganska bra. Då fick man stränga väldigt hårt medan den här veckan får man stränga mycket lösare.

Q: Vad tycker du om golvet då? Går det undan eller är det som det ska?
A: det är väl normalt medan de andra veckorna har det varit riktigt långsamt så nu känns det ju snabbt helt plötsligt!

Q: Det var i en tidning som det stod att Robin Söderling har blivit en tennisgris för att han har börjat grisa. Har du utvecklat ditt spel på något sätt åt det hållet förutom att du håller igen serven ibland?
A: Möter man spelare som Rusedski(Madrid) eller Hewitt till exempel så måste man ibland hålla igen bollen och få in så många bollar som möjligt. Då spelar det inte så stor roll hur man vinner bollen. Då får man ta vara på de chanserna man får.

Q: Just det här att alla kan ju dunka på bollen rätt hårt. Känner du själv att du lärt dig att värdera lägena när du ska slå hårt bättre idag?
A: Det är ju någonting jag har förbättrat, men får jag ett bra läge så slår jag på rätt hårt och försöker gärna sätta den också.

Q: Vad vet du om morgondagens motståndare (Adrian Garcia)?
A: Inte mycket faktiskt. Jag vet att jag möte honom för två eller tre år sen på grus i en Future så det är ju inte mycket att hänga upp taktiken på. Jag vet att Thomas Johansson mötte han i Bangkok för ett par veckor sedan så han får väl hjälpa till att lägga upp taktiken. Johansson vann 6-3, 6-3 så det är ju bra att fråga honom när han vann (skratt).

Q: Så du tittar på servemätaren ibland. Använder du den i matchen?
A: Ja det tycker jag. Då vet jag ju ungefär hur hårt jag servar en serve. Jag kan se hur hårt jag server ut i forehandrutan. Jag kan variera och byta taktik. Servar man med mycket sidskruv så blir det automatiskt lite lösare. Så det kan vara ett bra hjälpmedel. Vissa kanske kollar för att se hur hårt man servar man det slutade jag med för ett tag sen.

Q: Agassi är ju här den här veckan. Det är ju en spelare som du har växt upp med? Hur känns det?
A: Ja jag har ju inte vuxit upp med honom men jag har ju sett honom på touren nu när jag kommit ut och spelat senaste åren och haft turen att träna med honom några gånger. Men jag har inte stött ihop med han här än så länge. Men det är kul att han kommer hit till if…Stockholm Open tycker jag.

Q: Han har ju hållit i 14 säsonger tror jag i absolut världselit. Har du kommit till absolut världselit?
A: Nej faktiskt inte. Det kanske är dags för det nu.

Q: Du kommer mest spela kvällsmatcher den här veckan antar jag?
A: Förhoppningsvis.

JP: Tack så mycket. Då är presskonferensen med Pim-Pim slut!

http://www.stockholmopen.se/files/{0812279C-742C-4CD0-A8F2-AF19A04BF5C4}.doc

Aleksa's Laydee
10-26-2004, 09:41 PM
Johansson and Soderling herald changing of the guard for Swedish tennis
Tue 26 Oct, 10:04 PM

STOCKHOLM (AFP) - Joachim Johansson, Sweden's next hope for a Top 10 spot, took the first step towards a potential seeded final with legend Andre Agassi as he defeated Adrian Garcia 6-4, 6-2 at the 632,750-euro Stockholm Open.

The first-round win for the 22-year-old 11th-ranked big-hitter led the way for compatriot and fellow seed Robin Soderling.

Advertisment
The number six seed dismissed three-time champion and compatriot Thomas Enqvist 7-6 (7/4), 6-3 as the Swedish game sees a generational shift in its power base.

Johansson reached the semi-finals of the U.S. Open last month, beating holder Andy Roddick before falling to Lleyton Hewitt.

Johansson is enjoying a week of playing at home, sleeping in his own bed rather than a hotel room.

"I've been a bit sick for the past two weeks but I'm feeling much better now," said the second seed.

"I got off to a good start with an early break and was able to focus on my own service games. I'm satisfied with my game, but there are a few things I'd like to improve."

Soderling took his third win of 2004 against the 30-year-old Enqvist.

Soderling, who lifted his first career title in Lyon this autumn, won the first set and went up an early break in the second.

Enqvist saved a match point from a Soderling return which appeared to crawl over the net cord on its own.

The senior Swede then double-faulted to give Soderling a second chance.

He saved that one also before finally crashing out.

crazzzy_grrl
10-27-2004, 01:03 AM
This is from http://foxsports.news.com.au

Johansson happy to be home
From correspondents in Stockholm
October 27, 2004

JOACHIM JOHANSSON took the first step towards a potential final with Andre Agassi today, defeating Adrian Garcia 6-4 6-2 in the Stockholm Open.

The first-round win for the 22-year-old 11th-ranked big-hitter led the way for compatriot and fellow seed Robin Soderling.

The No.6 seed dismissed three-time champion and compatriot Thomas Enqvist 7-6 (7-4) 6-3 as the Swedish game sees a generational shift in its power base.

Johansson is enjoying a week of playing at home, sleeping in his own bed rather than a hotel room.

"I've been a bit sick for the past two weeks but I'm feeling much better now," said the second seed.

"I got off to a good start with an early break and was able to focus on my own service games. I'm satisfied with my game, but there are a few things I'd like to improve."

Soderling took his third win of 2004 against the 30-year-old Enqvist.

Soderling, who lifted his first career title in Lyon this autumn, won the first set and went up an early break in the second.

Enqvist saved a match point from a Soderling return which appeared to crawl over the net cord on its own.

The senior Swede then double-faulted to give Soderling a second chance.

He saved that one also before finally crashing out.

Top-seeded drawcard Agassi returned to Sweden for the first time in a decade and pronounced himself ready to fight for a place in the Masters Cup final next month.

The 34-year-old arrived from business in Paris pleased with his fitness as he aims for a fourth consecutive appearance at the elite Masters, starting on November 15.

Elsewhere, German fourth seed Tommy Haas scored his third career win against Italian veteran Davide Sanguinetti 7-6 (7-5) 6-4, while qualifier Janko Tipsarevic took out seventh-seeded Czech teenager Tomas Berdych 3-6 7-5 6-1.

Feliciano Lopez, the fifth seed who won the Vienna title a fortnight ago, defeated American Jeff Morrison 7-6 (7-5) 7-5

Kristen
10-27-2004, 03:41 AM
OMFG I hate it when different news sources use the same article over and over.
I think they take the same approach to essay writing as I have done at times...change a few words here and there :tape:

Kom igen pimpim... win doubles with Jarkko ;)

Jexy
10-27-2004, 04:08 AM
OMFG I hate it when different news sources use the same article over and over.
I think they take the same approach to essay writing as I have done at times...change a few words here and there :tape:

Kom igen pimpim... win doubles with Jarkko ;)

I agree! lol :lol: I wonder how they go about it? free lance writers???:confused:

Jexy
10-29-2004, 03:11 AM
Tennis: Agassi and Johansson keep Masters Cup hopes alive

STOCKHOLM : Top seed Andre Agassi and Sweden's number two Joachim Johansson both stormed into the quarter-finals of the 632,750-euro Stockholm Open with both men determined to book their places in the end-of-season Masters Cup.

Agassi clinched a 6-3, 6-4 win over fellow veteran Jonas Bjorkman in their second-round clash.

It was Agassi's fourth career victory against the Swede dating back to 1996.

Johansson, a surprise US Open semi-finalist and now ranked 11th, pulled off a 6-4, 6-4 victory over American Jan-Michael Gambill to join Agassi in the last eight.

Both men are heading towards a seeded Sunday final collision course with a spot in next month's eight-man Masters event a glittering prize.

Provisional eighth-placed Agassi needs to pass Briton Tim Henman - still alive this week in Basel - to book in on the seventh spot.

Johansson has a chance at a possible alternate's spot in the field if he does well here and next week in Paris to end the regular ATP season.

"It would be great to finish in the top eight," said Agassi.

"That would be an accomplishment to be appreciative of. It's also important for next year and at the Australian Open."

"I'm always hungry for a chance to compete against the best in the world."

Agassi, competing here for the first time since 1994, will face off Friday against Spanish eighth seed Fernando Verdasco, who knocked out Raemon Sluiter of the Netherlands 6-4, 6-2.

Agassi put Bjorkman into a two-break deficit in the second set, but the Swede got one back as he broke while Agassi served for victory.

But the Las Vegas holder of eight Grand Slam trophies hardly bowed under pressure, constructing a winning break-back to claim his place in the last eight.

"Every day, you have to be better than one person," Agassi said of his effort.

"And what's required each day is always different. To deal with Jonas the way I did today wasn't easy to do. I can feel good about many parts of my game for it to go in straight sets."

Johansson will face the surprise packet of the event in Swedish teenager Michael Ryderstedt.

The 19-year-old is on a purple patch after winning his first ATP match this week, and carrying on with an upset of fifth seed Feliciano Lopez of Spain 6-4, 6-7 (4/7), 6-3.

The left-hander began the season ranked 514th and has improved by nearly 300 places.

Johansson has reached at least the quarters of his last five tournaments stretching back to August, his big serve accounting for nearly 15 aces per match; he struck 16 Thursday.

German fourth seed Tommy Haas took a third win this season over Kenneth Carlsen as he ousted the Dane 7-5, 7-5, adding to success in Halle and Los Angeles.

- AFP

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_sports/view/114140/1/.html

crazzzy_grrl
10-30-2004, 05:13 AM
Sick Johansson bows out
From correspondents in Stockholm
October 30, 2004

TEENAGE wildcard Michael Ryderstedt reached the semi-finals of the 632,750 euro ($1.08 million) Stockholm Open today when his Swedish countryman Joachim Johansson, the second seed, retired with a fever.

The 19-year-old had lost the first set, but was 5-3 up in the second when Johansson called it quits.

Johansson's illness handed the world No.237 a semi-final clash against 2000 champion, and fellow Swede, Thomas Johansson, who beat Romanian third seed Andrei Pavel 7-6 (7-4) 7-5.

Former champion Johansson overcame a strained foot, which required treatment in the first set, to make the last four.

The 2002 Australian Open winner, who missed all of 2003 with a knee injury, progressed to his fourth semi-final of his comeback season.

Tournament crowd-pleaser and top seed Andre Agassi made the semi-finals for the first time, 15 years after his first visit with a defeat of Spain's Fernando Verdasco 7-6 (7-4) 6-2.

Agassi, who first competed in the Swedish capital in 1989 as a teenager and stalled in the quarter-finals, was also unable to reach the final four on his last visit a decade ago.

The 34-year-old will attempt to gain ground in the chase for a place in the season-ending Masters Cup as he faces Tommy Haas.

The fourth-seeded German, the comeback story of this season after missing more than a year with shoulder surgery, advanced 6-3 7-6 (7-4) over Belgian Olivier Rochus.

Agassi and Haas have played twice this year, splitting back-to-back matches, with Haas taking victory on the way to a title in Los Angeles and Agassi a winner in Toronto.

"Today I served well and did other things well," said Agassi, 36-12 this year with a title in Cincinnati.

"It was a pair of difficult matches against Tommy over the (northern) summer. He's one of the best in the world."

The American holds a 5-3 lead in career meetings, which Haas is hoping to dent.

"We all know what Andre can do," said the holder of seven career titles.

"When he plays well, he's the top of the game, but I'm feeling comfortable with my game."

It doesn't say much about what was wrong with Pim Pim but i thought i'd post it for you all anyway

Sommarsverige
11-14-2004, 08:21 PM
”Pim-Pim” nominerad till årets nykomling

Joachim ”Pim-Pim” Johansson har nominerats till ”Idrottsakademins pris till årets främsta nykomling”. På Idrottsgalan, som avgörs i Globen måndagen den 17 januari 2005, avgörs det om ”Pim-Pim” lyckas gå hela vägen och ro hem det åtråvärda priset.

Den hårdservande svensken har i år fått sitt stora genombrott och har stigit likt en raket på rankninglistorna, bland annat efter framgången i US Open, där ”Pim-Pim” besegrade den regerande mästaren och det stora hemmahoppet, Andy Roddick, i en fantastisk kvartsfinal. Södertäljesonen konkurrerar med Helena Allandi, brottning, Per Gunnar Andersson, bilsport och Antonio Lindbäck, speedway, vilka också nominerats av Riksidrottsförbundet till årets nykomling.

- Jag har gjort en bra säsong och bara att vara nominerad är en stor ära för mig. Jag hoppas att jag kan bli tilldelad priset, trots att jag inte kan närvara i Globen, kommenterar ”Pim-Pim”, som kommer att vara sysselsatt med Australien Open, som inleds samma dag som priset delas ut.

Svenska Tennisförbundet förhandsnominerade tidigare i höstas den 22-årige Team Catella-spelaren till årets nykomlig med följande motivering:

”Joachim Johansson har på ett år tagit det stora och svåra klivet från en plats utanför topp 100 i världen till den absoluta världstoppen.

Semifinalen i US Open, den första ATP-segern i Memphis och bragdmatchen i dubbel mot de regerande Davis Cup-mästarna, Australien, är bara några av höjdpunkterna.

Det är första gången, både i svensk och i internationell tennishistoria, som en spelare som aldrig tidigare rankats på topp 100, ett år senare ligger så högt som Joachim Johansson nu gör.”

Förra året nominerades också en svensk i samma kategori på Idrottsgalan. Då fick dock Robin Söderling se sig besegrad av höjdhopparen Linus Thörnblad.

Pim Pim is nominated for the Newcomer of the year 2004!
The decision, if he wins the price will be on the sportsgala in Stockholm on 17th january 2005. There are 3 other Swedish sportsmen who are nominated for the same category, I have never heard of one of the others.
So let´s hope Pim Pim gets the price, he would really deserve it!

Pim Pim says in the article above that he is said he cannot be there for this gala because of the Aussie Open.... ;)

Jexy
11-26-2004, 02:33 PM
Ivanisevic to miss Henman clash

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4045339.stm
McEnroe completes line-up
Goran Ivanisevic has been forced to pull out of his showdown with Tim Henman at the Royal Albert Hall.
The Croatian has a hamstring injury that rules him out of Tuesday's scheduled showdown with the British number one.

Ivanisevic, who also missed last year's event through injury, will be replaced by US Open champion and world number 12 Joachim Johansson of Sweden.

Henman's exhibiton match takes place alongside The Masters Tennis.

The match will benefit Henman's charity Kids at Heart.

John McEnroe, Mikael Pernfors, Jim Courier, Richard Krajicek, Pat Cash, Michael Stich, Mats Wilander, Boris Becker, Thomas Muster, Sergi Bruguera, Guy Forget and Emilio Sanchez line up in The Masters.

The players will compete for a winner-take-all prize of US$100,000.

Ashie_87
11-26-2004, 11:39 PM
didn't Ivanisevic retire at Wimbledon?:scratch: anyhoo thanks for this:)

Aleksa's Laydee
11-27-2004, 09:08 AM
will be replaced by US Open champion and world number 12 Joachim Johansson of Sweden

When did he win the US Open :scratch: :lol: :rolleyes:

Pina
11-27-2004, 11:53 AM

He hasn't but he will. It's a prediction not a fact. :worship: :D :D

star
11-27-2004, 04:14 PM

And we missed it???????????????

:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Canuck_Chick
11-27-2004, 04:29 PM

:haha: it must have been a good final...i wonder who he beat :scratch:

Pina
11-28-2004, 02:00 AM
How could you even forget? Are you calling yourself a Pimster? :mad:

Aleksa's Laydee
11-28-2004, 10:28 AM

we are such bad fans :sobbing: :eek: :bolt: :scared: :hysteric: :crying2: :speakles:

:haha:

Aleksa's Laydee
11-28-2004, 10:29 AM
How could you even forget? Are you calling yourself a Pimster? :mad:

:o ;)

Kristen
12-03-2004, 06:22 AM
www.australianmenshardcourts.com.au

Johansson teams with Woodbridge
Doubles supremo Todd Woodbridge will team with exciting Swedish star Joachim Johansson at the 2005 Next Generation Hardcourts at Memorial Drive, Adelaide (January 3-9), it was announced today.

The most successful doubles player of all time, world No.6 ranked Woodbridge, who recently split with Swedish partner Jonas Bjorkman, said he was looking for a player who he could win his 83rd title with in the New Year. Ironically, in February this year, the doubles pairing of Bjorkman and Johansson defeated Woodbridge and Wayne Arthurs at the same venue when Sweden defeated Australia in the Davis Cup first round Tie in Adelaide.

"Johansson is a dangerous player, a big gun, he has an explosive game," said Woodbridge. "He’s a typical Swede; good natured, a nice person and a pleasant guy to play with. I’ve known him since he was a junior and practised with him quite a lot."

Woodbridge will play with Indian Mahesh Bhupathi for the rest of the 2005 season, however Bhupathi has elected to compete at home in the Chennai Open, another tournament on the Road to the Australian Open in the first week of January.

"I didn’t want to go all the way to India or have a long break before playing at Sydney (Sydney International) and Melbourne (Australian Open)," Woodbridge, 33, said.

"An Aussie would have been good but Wayne (Arthurs) is recovering from a rib injury. I’ve chosen someone I think I can win the tournament with," he added.

Johansson, 22, shot to a world ranking of No.12 in singles following a successful Davis Cup First Round against Australia in February where he and Bjorkman defeated Aussie duo Woodbridge and Arthurs 7-5 in the fifth set at Memorial Drive.

"If you can’t beat them join them," said Woodbridge, who won four doubles titles in 2004 with Bjorkman including his ninth Wimbledon crown.

Johansson played a starring role in the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group First Round against Australia in Adelaide this year. He partnered Jonas Bjorkman in the doubles and defeated Wayne Arthurs and Woodbridge in a thrilling five-setter.

Johansson played doubles in seven tournaments this year with an assortment of players including Aussie Todd Perry in Munich, and finished the year ranked No.177 in doubles.

Woodbridge, who won the singles title in Adelaide in 1997 and two doubles titles with Mark Woodforde, said this year’s Next Generation Hardcourts field was excellent.

"It’s the strongest draw they’ve had for many years. A lot of players now prefer to compete in Australia in preparation for the Australian Open and as the tournament doesn’t start until January 3 they can spend the New Year at home before making the trip. It’s shaping up as the best one of the best ever fields."

jmgsdoubsprtnr
12-03-2004, 06:31 AM
hmm, pim pim betraying björkman... it's for the best.

Björki
12-03-2004, 06:35 AM
wow good luck to Pim Pim and Toddy :)
:banana:

Ashie_87
12-03-2004, 11:50 PM
:woohoo: omg I can't wait to see how this will turn out!:D:D Toddy is such a great doubles player and Pimpim will have the experience of a lifetime playing with him!

Aleksa's Laydee
12-04-2004, 04:38 PM
this is so cool and SO exciting :yippee:

Sommarsverige
12-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Pim Pim and Toddy, I´m sure they will be a great team...

Jexy
12-05-2004, 10:13 PM
SOURCE: http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,11600578%255E3162,00.html
:wavey:
Young Aussies serve it up to Swede
Leo Schlink
06dec04

EMERGING Swedish tennis star Joachim Johansson will hitch a ride at the Australian Open training camp today, hopeful of creating grand slam-winning momentum for next month's centenary championship.

Johansson, ranked 11th in the world, will accompany girlfriend Jaslyn Hewitt to Melbourne Park today for the latest instalment in the increasingly successful training camp.
The tall right-hander, armed with one of the deadliest serves in international tennis, will trade shots with some of Australia's most talented young players under the direction of former world No. 7 Peter McNamara, Davis Cup captain John Fitzgerald, aspiring Fed Cup captain Nicole Bradtke and national selector Allan Stone.

One of Johansson's compatriots, Lars Wahlgren, an Australian indoor championship finalist, will also have input into the 10-day camp. The camp will be followed by another brutally competitive mini tournament, played under Australian Open match conditions, with two prized singles main draw wildcards on offer.

Johansson is neither eligible to vie for the wildcard nor in need of it, having already secured his berth in the January 17-30 Open.

Since its introduction last year, the camp has generated career-best results for several Australians, including Peter Luczak, this year already guaranteed a wildcard, a resurgent Evie Dominikovic, Sam Stosur and Nicole Pratt.

Training camp organiser McNamara will again strive to ensure local competitors are prepared for the rugged Australia circuit.

"The training camp is about ensuring our Australian players are well prepared for the tough season ahead and go into the Australian Open with an edge to their fitness and play," McNamara said.

"Training day in, day out under the watchful eye of some of Australia's leading coaches will be a stimulating and motivating environment for everyone taking part and the prospect of a cut-throat playoff for a coveted main draw wildcard in only 10 days' time will be a huge incentive to get the maximum out of the camp."

Hewitt is among 16 women at the camp, including Evie and Daniella Dominikovic, Cindy Watson, Sophie Ferguson and Olivia Lukaszewicz.

Ashie_87
12-06-2004, 06:12 AM
why am I not in Melbourne?:fiery::p but thanks for the article:hug:

Canuck_Chick
12-06-2004, 08:03 PM
thanks for the news Jexy :)

Jexy
12-14-2004, 11:58 PM
here's the newest article lol :lol:
http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,11695916%255E12428,00.html

Tennis: Hanging out with Hewitt
By DOUG ROBERTSON
15december04

RISING Swede Joachim Johansson is banking on a priceless local edge to get the upper hand at the Next Generation Australian Harcourt Championships in Adelaide ... and it's coming from the man he has to beat to win it.

Johansson – the huge-serving 198cm, 89kg boyfriend of Jaslyn Hewitt – is hoping to hone his skills with world No. 3 Lleyton Hewitt at Memorial Drive in the weeks before the January 3-9 tournament.

Presently training as a guest of Tennis Australia among a host of Aussie youngsters at the Australian Open camp at Melbourne Park, Johansson will stay at the at Hewitts' West Lakes home from Sunday to prepare for the Hardcourt Championships.

And just like last year he'll take advantage of any chance to hit with his girlfriend's super-talented brother as the tournament top seeds prepare for the much anticipated season-opening tournament. "We'll see how it works out but that's (training with Lleyton) a possibility," said Johansson, who will play doubles with Todd Woodbridge in Adelaide. "Training with Lleyton is so good because he is a complete player. He gets all the balls back so I've got to play extra balls on every point.

"It's better for me than training indoors in Stockholm. I feel at home in Adelaide and it gives me a more perfect preparation."

Johansson, part of Sweden's Davis Cup team that embarrassed Australia at The Drive in February, stopped briefly in Adelaide before joining the Australian Open camp and invaluable practice on the same Rebound Ace courts used at the Open, which he predicted would be faster than last year.

"It helps me a lot when you see how much they all want to get better and train hard. It makes you want to do better yourself," he said. "I've been training three hours of tennis and three hours running or in the gym every day. It's been really good for me."

Johansson improved 101 places to world No. 12 after a sensational year which included his first ATP title at Memphis in February.

He lost to Hewitt in the US Open semi-finals after beating powerful American Andy Roddick and racked up seven quarter-final appearances in a stellar season.

Second only to Roddick (1017) as the biggest server on the tour with 869 aces, Johansson won 92 per cent of his service games this year and continues to fill his considerable potential.

Kristen
12-17-2004, 12:51 PM
ATTENTION ALL AUSTRALIANS - Joachim will be on television Sunday, Dec. 19th. 1pm:

SLAM! talks to rising Aussie stars Chris Guccione and Olivia Lukascewicz on how important the Australian Open Training Camp is to their preparation, and watches the likes of Mark Philippoussis, Alicia Molik, Todd Woodbridge and Nicole Pratt.

The boys get up-close and personal with tennis couple Jaslyn Hewitt and Joachim Johansson.

I'll post the transcript of what is said, when I'm back from my overnight trip out west ;) (Unless someone does it sooner!)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
12-17-2004, 01:49 PM
OMG!!! damn US television! they'd NEVER think of doing a special about tennis, and if they did, it'd be about roddick, definitely not anyone foreign! :mad: :fiery:

Aleksa's Laydee
12-17-2004, 04:02 PM
OMG!!! damn US television! they'd NEVER think of doing a special about tennis, and if they did, it'd be about roddick, definitely not anyone foreign! :mad: :fiery:

same with England and henman :rolleyes:

star
12-17-2004, 06:20 PM
"It helps me a lot when you see how much they all want to get better and train hard. It makes you want to do better yourself," he said. "I've been training three hours of tennis and three hours running or in the gym every day. It's been really good for me."

This is good news. :)

Sommarsverige
12-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the news, star. Where is it from?

And Kristen, lucky you to live in Australia, please tell us everything he says ;)

Aleksa's Laydee
12-17-2004, 09:12 PM
omg he works hard :lol: :eek:

Ashie_87
12-18-2004, 12:01 AM
OMG!:eek: YAY!:woohoo: Kristen if you can't post the transcript I can. There is no WAY I'm missing this!:D

Kristen
12-18-2004, 12:05 AM
lol you guys... if he wasn't dating an Australian, I don't think his chances of being on the show would have been nearly as good. The people on slam have only really interviewed aussies, and a couple of the very top (and retired) players so far. :rolleyes: I think the interview with Woodbridge was as close as I would ever get to seeing Jonas on tv!

Sounds good Ashie. I won't be back in Sydney until Monday night, and I'm sure the pimsters will be hassling us aussies for the transcript by then! (We don't mind though! lol)

Pina
12-18-2004, 02:26 AM
Aussies are so lucky. only Swedes can get more luck than you guys in this world...:worship:;)

crazzzy_grrl
12-18-2004, 10:16 AM
ATTENTION ALL AUSTRALIANS - Joachim will be on television Sunday, Dec. 19th. 1pm:

SLAM! talks to rising Aussie stars Chris Guccione and Olivia Lukascewicz on how important the Australian Open Training Camp is to their preparation, and watches the likes of Mark Philippoussis, Alicia Molik, Todd Woodbridge and Nicole Pratt.

The boys get up-close and personal with tennis couple Jaslyn Hewitt and Joachim Johansson.

I'll post the transcript of what is said, when I'm back from my overnight trip out west ;) (Unless someone does it sooner!)

Thanks for telling us :hug:

Ive been home the past few sundays but I keep forgetting about this show. I think ive only seen it once

Jexy
12-18-2004, 03:54 PM
Aussies are so lucky. only Swedes can get more luck than you guys in this world...:worship:;)

that's why I'm super glad to have you guys all over the world, so that we keep eachother up to date! :hug:

margaret_gn
12-19-2004, 12:41 AM
half an hour until the show with pimpim on it...don't wanna miss it!!!

Kat!
12-19-2004, 03:14 AM
^^ Just saw the Slam interview with PimPim & Jaslyn!!

(pimpim has the long hair......... =.=) but the interview was pretty brief, nothing really new. He said that he arrived in Melbourne on 3rd Dec, to hit with a few ppl who are there at the training camp while Jaslyn tried to play for a wildcard....

They also mentioned the US Open semi..... I think we've all heard about how they though about that!

not much else is there? oh well... at least it was good to see him on TV :D

Ashie_87
12-19-2004, 03:14 AM
SLAM Interview 19/12/04 with Pimpim and Jaslyn

Josh Eagle: You're here playing for a wildcard?

Jaslyn: Exactly, that's everything for these 10 days and get into the best shape for the play-off

J/E: And it's great you get to hang out with your beautiful boyfriend if I do say so myself, Joachim Johansson welcome to Australia yourself and you're the first international player to land in Australia this early.

Pimpim: Yeah, I think more players should get here this early. I mean I arrived here on the 1st December 5 weeks before the tournament starts. I get a chance to play here with these guys-hopefully it's gonna give me and the other guys good preparation for the Aus open so it can't be bad for us.

J/E: Now mate you've had a fantastic year yourself, you must be wrapped with how your year's been.

Pimpim: Yeah I've put in a lot for the last 15 months and I improved from 200 to 11 in the world so obviously I've had a good year. Hopefully it's gonna be even better next year.

J/E: The guys must be wrapped to be playing with a guy of your ranking. How do you find playing with them?

Pimpim: I think and I hope it's good for them as well. Hopefully they learn something and so do I. I know I've played futures like a little bit more than a year ago so I know what it's all about and they can learn something from that.

J/E: Jaslyn, what do you look to do? There's so many different elements of this camp that you're here for.

Jaslyn: It's basically everything all in together. I mean they're trying to build a team bonding thing for the first 10 days, but after the first 10 days we're going head to head against each other and you're beingmore competitive. So I think we're just trying to get rhythm and be at our best for the play-off.

J/E: So what's it like being on the tour and dating a fellow tennis player? Must be hard-you don't get to spend a lot of time together.

Pimpim: Sometimes you see each other 24/7 for a few weeks and then you don't see each other for a few months. You get used to it after a while so I think it's good for us.

J/E: What was it like at the US Open when you had to play Lleyton and Jaslyn was in the stands watching. What was the feeling like?

Pimpim: It was the semi-final for me, so it was a little bit different, but it didn't matter than I played her brother. But it was probably more difficult for her than for me.

J/E: And Jaslyn, what was it like for you, sitting on the sidelines? Was there any favouritism or--

Pimpim: Yep there was. For my side (laugh)

Jaslyn: At the time there wasn't but after the first set I did feel a bit sorry for Pimpim for losing the first set. And then I kinda wanted it to be a set all and whatever...but someone's gonna win and someone's gonna lose so it was great that they were both in the semi.

J/E: Yeah look it was a fantastic result and hopefully there's lots more family matches to come.

Jaslyn: uh.......yeah hopefully. But only in finals!

J/E: So come January-the final of the Aussie Open it could be a Johansson/Hewitt final

Jaslyn: yeah would be great.

Kat!
12-19-2004, 03:19 AM
ohhhh great work there hehehe!!! thank you!!

star
12-19-2004, 04:11 AM
:bigclap:

Thanks so much for that cute interview. :kiss: :kiss:

Pina
12-19-2004, 05:35 AM
wow Thanks a lot for this interview Ashie!:hug:
Any chance for us to watch it online? even a clip will be heaven for me! I wonder what does he look like with long hair.:scratch:

SLAM Interview 19/12/04 with Pimpim and Jaslyn

J/E: And it's great you get to hang out with your beautiful boyfriend if I do say so myself.....

lol. Is this interviewer a woman?

Kat!
12-19-2004, 06:14 AM
lol. Is this interviewer a woman?

scarily enough the interviewer is a MAN!!! hhahahaha

tennis mania
12-19-2004, 07:37 AM
thanks for posting...
i l0ve it!

Aleksa's Laydee
12-19-2004, 10:15 AM
scarily enough the interviewer is a MAN!!! hhahahaha

:haha: :haha: but he has got one thing right...pim pim is beautiful :inlove:

crazzzy_grrl
12-19-2004, 10:50 AM
They also showed some footage of him playing against some of the aussies and he looked in good touch. Hopefully he plays well in Australia coz thats the only time I can see him play along with the grand slams

Canuck_Chick
12-19-2004, 05:10 PM
great interview :yeah: thanks :hug:

Jexy
12-19-2004, 07:11 PM
lol, same what everyone else said before me: great work ashie, thanks a bunch! :kiss:

Sommarsverige
12-19-2004, 10:58 PM
I can only say what the others already have written:
Thank you so much for sharing this with us, Ashie :hug:

The interview is very cute and I like the part where Pim Pim interrupts
the interviewer in order to say that Jaslyn was supporting him at the US Open semifinals :D

Ashie_87
12-20-2004, 08:18 AM
Lol I wish they'd showed his face when he interrupted!:p it just sounded so funny!
and no worries guys:hug: you guys always get pics and other stuff;)

Kristen
12-21-2004, 07:18 AM
OMG! I just (finally) watched the tape. More impressed than I am about that, I also set the video correctly, so it taped while I was away ;) He's adorable and SO BADLY needs a haircut, at least to remove any split ends ;) I think his long hair kinda makes his face look thinner (a la J.I.Chela). Jaslyn's answer, regarding the US Open semi was perfect! Thanks for posting the transcript Ashie. Everytime I hear him speak, I'm always surprised at how deep his voice is :)

Iza
12-21-2004, 05:10 PM
too bad we can't see any pics :sad:

Sommarsverige
12-21-2004, 05:33 PM
too bad we can't see any pics :sad:

Yes, so true...
Kristen, the first thing I wish to get a report about when you see Pim Pim in january is to let us know how long his hair is then... :lol:

Canuck_Chick
12-21-2004, 06:33 PM
lol...u can even bring a ruler or a tape measure and see EXACTLY how long it is ;) :lol:

Iza
12-21-2004, 07:18 PM
:rolls:

Sharon
12-21-2004, 08:18 PM
lol...u can even bring a ruler or a tape measure and see EXACTLY how long it is ;) :lol:

:lol: :lol: and if he doesnt cut it by then... she can trim off maybe just alittle? :angel:

Kristen
12-21-2004, 11:24 PM
:lol: I'll watch the tape again and try to take a picture of it or something :shrug: :p

Sommarsverige
12-21-2004, 11:28 PM
:lol: I'll watch the tape again and try to take a picture of it or something :shrug: :p

Thank you so much ;)

But I like Canuck Chicks suggestion even more

Ashie_87
12-22-2004, 05:09 AM

Just chase him with a pair of scissors :p

Kristen
12-22-2004, 05:12 AM
Just chase him with a pair of scissors :p
:lol: actually, kat and I were joking (or were we!?) about making the cover of the pimsters folder, a picture of scissors, and a voucher for a free haircut at a salon. *valid only for males* In case he gave it to jaslyn :lol: :wavey:

margaret_gn
12-22-2004, 09:15 AM
:lol: actually, kat and I were joking (or were we!?) about making the cover of the pimsters folder, a picture of scissors, and a voucher for a free haircut at a salon. *valid only for males* In case he gave it to jaslyn :lol: :wavey:

LOL he'd think you were serious once he sees you at all his aussie tournaments!

Btw thanks for all the rep points guys, just figured out how they work! ;)

Canuck_Chick
12-22-2004, 04:04 PM

:haha::haha: maybe he'll give it to lleyton (he needs a little trim too). it should say *valid only for males with first name joachim and last name johansson* :p ;);) THAT should limit the options and should send the hint to him...a bit TOOO obvious maybe :lol: ;)

Aleksa's Laydee
12-22-2004, 06:05 PM
:haha::haha: maybe he'll give it to lleyton (he needs a little trim too). it should say *valid only for males with first name joachim and last name johansson* :p ;);) THAT should limit the options and should send the hint to him...a bit TOOO obvious maybe :lol: ;)

Sharon
12-22-2004, 09:34 PM

:lol: to make it less obvious... valid for swedish males only? :p haha

Aleksa's Laydee
12-23-2004, 03:09 PM
:lol: to make it less obvious... valid for swedish males only? :p haha

NO!!! he may give it to jonas and jonas looks so much :cool: with long(ish) hair like he had at Wimbie this year :angel:

Canuck_Chick
12-23-2004, 08:15 PM
NO!!! he may give it to jonas and jonas looks so much :cool: with long(ish) hair like he had at Wimbie this year :angel:

:haha: we don't want pim pim to go around and ruin the haircuts of the swedes :p ;)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
12-23-2004, 09:17 PM
yeah, just put on the cover "pim pim, get a haircut" and give him some scissors. (and maybe recommend him to a good stylist) just don't let him mess up anyone else's hair!!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
12-23-2004, 09:38 PM
have you guys seen this? pim pim is the "J" in the ATP player highlights from A-Z!! since i don't have time (with work and things) to read all the posts :sad: i don't know if anyone posted this yet! i hope you enjoy!

A -- Agassi (Andre) -- 34-year-old Las Vegas native finished in Top 10 for 15th time and won a title for 17 of last 18 years.
B -- Berdych (Tomas) -- last player to beat Federer in 2004 at Athens Olympics on Aug. 17; won 1st ATP title in Palermo.
C -- Canas (Guillermo) -- won career-high three titles in four finals and jumped from No. 274 to year-end best No. 11.
D -- Davydenko (Nikolay) -- two-time ATP winner for second straight year was one of three Russians to finish in Top 30.
E -- El Aynaoui (Younes) -- veteran Moroccan was sidelined for most of year with foot injury, playing only five events (0-5).
F -- Federer (Roger) -- Swiss superstar won 11 titles (3 G.S, 3 AMS) and compiled a 74-6 record, best since Lendl in '86.
G -- Gaudio (Gaston) -- Argentine captured first G.S. title at Roland Garros and one of three Argentines in year-end Top 10.
H -- Haas (Tommy) -- Came back from shoulder injury to go from unranked in '03 to No. 17, capturing two ATP titles.
I -- Ivo (Karlovic) -- led ATP circuit with 21.1 aces per match and No. 3 in overall aces (843);played most tie-breaks (28-29).
J -- Johansson (Joachim) -- No. 1 Swede improved from 113 to No. 12 with first ATP title and Grand Slam SF at US Open.
K -- Kiefer (Nicolas) -- reached four ATP finals and won second-most matches (37) in a season in his career (won 54 in '99).
L -- Lopez (Feliciano) -- highest-ranked lefty (No. 25) on ATP circuit won 1st ATP title in Vienna and runner-up in Dubai.
M -- Massu (Nicolas) -- No. 1 Chilean captured double gold medals (S & D) at Athens Olympics and played 24 hrs., 43 min.
N -- Nadal (Rafael) -- 18-year-old beat No. 1 Federer, No. 2 Roddick in '04; helped Spain to D. Cup title; won 1st ATP title.
O -- Olivier (Rochus) -- Belgian captured first Grand Slam title in doubles at Roland Garros and 4th RD effort at US Open.
P -- Pavel (Andrei) -- first Romanian to finish in Top 20 (at No. 20) since former No. 1 Nastase was No. 16 in 1978.
Q -- Qureshi (Aisam-Ul-Haq) -- the Pakistan No. 1 became first player from his country to break Top 200 in ATP Rankings.
R -- Roddick (Andy) -- No. 2 player won four ATP titles and runner-up four other times; fired 1,017 aces (first time since '98).
S -- Safin (Marat) -- made biggest jump of any player in Top 10 from '03 (No. 77 to 4) and won three ATP titles in five finals.
T -- Tursunov (Dmitry) -- young Russian finished year-end best No. 80 and reached personal-best 3rd RD at Wimbledon.
U -- Ulihrach (Bohdan) -- Czech veteran improved from No. 262 in '03 to No. 85, his eighth Top 100 finish in 10 years.
V -- Ventura (Santiago) -- Spaniard qualified (No. 316) in his first ATP tournament in Casablanca and won title.
W -- Woodbridge (Todd) -- veteran Aussie won his ninth Wimbledon and Open Era record 82nd career doubles title in '04.
X -- Xavier (Malisse) -- No. 1 Belgian won first career Slam doubles title at Roland Garros and two-time ATP singles finalist.
Y -- Yen-Hsun (Lu) -- the 21-year-old from Chinese Taipei became first player from his country to finish in Top 100.
Z -- Zimonjic (Nenad) -- reached Wimbledon final (w/Knowle) and posted 1st career Top 10 win over Agassi in St. Poelten.

Suzi
12-23-2004, 09:41 PM
Well congrats to him :worship:

Iza
12-23-2004, 09:43 PM
:bigclap: for our PimPim :kiss:

Canuck_Chick
12-23-2004, 09:51 PM
:bigclap: well done Pim Pim!! :woohoo:

Ashie_87
12-23-2004, 09:56 PM
:woohoo: Yay!:D

Kristen
12-23-2004, 11:12 PM
Tennis: Right at Home (The Advertiser; South Australia)
LLEYTON Hewitt and likeable Swede Joachim Johansson have become a big hit at Memorial Drive, and unofficial ambassadors for the Next Generation Australian Hardcourt Championships.

And while Memorial Drive is virtually Hewitt's backyard, Johannson – the boyfriend of Hewitt's sister Jaslyn – has been making himself right at home.

He yesterday spent a tough two-hour session at The Drive, honing his game in preparation for the Australian summer circuit while Hewitt yesterday changed his training plans, missing a scheduled hit. The No. 1 and No. 2 seeds respectively for the January 3-9 tournament have been regulars on Memorial Drive's centre court and nearby Next Generation Rebound Ace practice courts this week.

Hewitt and his coach Roger Rasheed have often stopped to talk to youngsters in the stands to explain the method in their training.

Hewitt spent time with SA's underage squads passing on his experience with invaluable tips on how to make it to the top.

But it's lofty Johansson – the world No. 12 – who has become king of the kids at The Drive, regularly taking time out from his preparations to sign autographs and chat with dozens of youngsters. "Lleyton and Joachim have been terrific around here this week," Tennis SA chief executive Alistair MacDonald said.

"Lleyton talked to our underage squads for about 40 minutes the other day – you can't buy that kind of experience.

"All of them went out on to the courts pumped up and ready to go.

"Joachim's always happy to autograph things for us and he talks to the kids all the time. He even came back from next door to see some kids because they weren't here earlier."

Johansson yesterday trained with emerging South Aussies Andrew Derer and Shannon "Stinger" Nettle, of Cobdogla, in the Riverland.

The trio met at the Australian Open camp held at Melbourne Park last week, where Johansson was a guest of Tennis Australia, and their friendship has continued in Adelaide.

Pina
12-24-2004, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the article.:hug:
Pim Pim is such a sweet guy! I wish I were one of those kids.:banghead:

Aleksa's Laydee
12-24-2004, 11:30 AM
aaw bless him...hes soooooooo adorable :hug:

Canuck_Chick
12-24-2004, 04:02 PM
way to win over the aussie crowds Pim Pim :yeah:

Jexy
12-24-2004, 05:32 PM
I think he should come over to Canada and win over Canadian crowds maybe :p

Kat!
12-25-2004, 02:29 AM
ohhhhh such a sweet article!!!! now i wish i live in Adelaide!!! :D

Kristen
12-31-2004, 12:27 AM
"Hewitt bemoans dearth of talent"
The australian - Dec 31st (I've only posted the interesting parts ;))

Hewitt said Sweden's Joachim Johansson - the boyfriend of his sister, Jaslyn - would be a tough opponent if their paths cross at Memorial Drive next week.

"He's a very dangerous player, he's obviously made huge inroads this year. He was qualifying in Adelaide a year ago, he's No.11 or 12 in the world now," Hewitt said.

"Over three sets it's probably tougher to play him than a best-of-five sets match because he can come out and hold his serve comfortably for a set or two, and you're in a tiebreak shoot-out."

Kristen
01-01-2005, 07:07 AM
It's not an article... but I have news.
Kat and I spoke to (nearly walked into) Joachim today, and I let him know about the gift he;'ll be getting in Sydney/Melbourne, he was stoked (surprised / happy). We said that a big topic of discussion was his hair length.... and we asked him about it. He said he's had a trim. Maybe an inch or a centimetre or two :lol: but it looks better than before!

He was practicing with Todd Woodbridge, against Simon Aspelin and his partner.

Aleksa's Laydee
01-01-2005, 09:47 AM
ooooooo excellent :D tell us all about what he said etc....piccies ;)

Björki
01-01-2005, 02:26 PM
kristen can't wait to see some pics. :)
I read your reports at the yahoogroup. Nice of
you to mentions my favorite Aussie :worship:
Looking forward to more reports :) Have fun!

Canuck_Chick
01-01-2005, 08:24 PM
thanks for the update :hug:

Sharon
01-02-2005, 02:36 AM
It's not an article... but I have news.
Kat and I spoke to (nearly walked into) Joachim today, and I let him know about the gift he;'ll be getting in Sydney/Melbourne, he was stoked (surprised / happy). We said that a big topic of discussion was his hair length.... and we asked him about it. He said he's had a trim. Maybe an inch or a centimetre or two :lol: but it looks better than before!

He was practicing with Todd Woodbridge, against Simon Aspelin and his partner.

:lol: a trim is a start :D hehe cant wait for your reports kristen!

Iza
01-02-2005, 11:16 PM
great job girls :yeah: :bigclap: !!!

crazzzy_grrl
01-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Johansson issues ominous warning
January 4, 2005

JOACHIM Johansson sent an ominous warning to his Australian Open rivals with a brutal dismissal of hard-hitting Queenslander Marc Kimmich at the Next Generation Hardcourts in Adelaide today.

Johansson, who has risen rapidly to world No.11 after an outstanding 2004 featuring his maiden career title and a US Open semi-final appearance, eliminated Kimmich 6-2 6-4.

Johansson was excited about his prospects at this month's Australian Open.

"I feel very good," he said.

"I've been here for a month and working very hard. I've been at Melbourne Park practising for two weeks. I can't feel better than I do at the moment."

Windy conditions made play difficult but that didn't stop Johansson showcasing his awesome power from the baseline.

Kimmich, a promising 21-year-old Queenslander given a wildcard into the tournament, tried valiantly to match Johansson but failed and then lamented his missed opportunities.

"I would've liked to have played some better tennis myself. I'd love to be beating these guys," he said.

"I don't think there's that much difference between me and them. But the top-20 guys do something special."

Earlier in the day, Taylor Dent defeated fellow American Robby Ginepri 6-1 2-6 6-2.

The compatriots fired shots at one another from all corners of the court, but Dent's dominance at the net proved the difference.

"I love it here. The courts really suit me well and I love the hot weather," Dent said.

Dent will next play Julien Benneteau of France in the next round while Johansson will meet Xavier Malisse.

Benneteau advanced with a 6-3 6-4 defeat of Italian Potito Starace, while Malisse downed Spain's Alberto Martin 6-2 7-6 (7-1)

In the only other this afternoon, Czech Radek Stepanek defeated German Phillipp Kohlschreiber 6-3 6-4

Aleksa's Laydee
01-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Johansson sends out warning to Aussie Open rivals
Tue 04 Jan, 10:44 AM

ADELAIDE, Australia (AFP) - Swede Joachim Johansson gave his Australian Open rivals food for thought with a powerful straight sets win over Mark Kimmich at the Australian hardcourt tennis championships.

Johansson, who has risen to world No.11 after an outstanding 2004 featuring a US Open semi-final appearance, won 6-2, 6-4 against the young Australian.

The big-serving Swede believes his month stay in Australia has left him well prepared for any scenario at the year's first grand slam tournament in Melbourne.

"I feel very good. I've been here for a month and working very hard. I've been at Melbourne Park practising for two weeks. I can't feel better than I do at the moment," he said.

Fifth-seed Taylor Dent ousted fellow American Robby Ginepri 6-1, 2-6, 6-2 in another first-round match.

They traded volleys from all over the court, but it was Dent's dominance at the net which proved the difference.

"I love it here. The courts really suit me well and I love the hot weather," Dent said.

Dent will now play Frenchman Julien Benneteau in the next round while Johansson will meet Belgian Xavier Malisse.

star
01-04-2005, 12:55 PM
"I love the hot weather" :) :) :) :) :)

Me too.

crazzzy_grrl
01-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Swede serves notice of slam intentionsBy Dan Oakes
Adelaide
January 10, 2005

Joachim Johansson sent out a clear warning to his Australian Open rivals yesterday, when he clubbed American Taylor Dent into submission in the final of the Australian hardcourt championships in Adelaide.

The Swedish No.2 seed unleashed his booming serve and lethal forehand to full effect on his way to a 7-5, 6-3 win over Dent, who knocked Lleyton Hewitt out of the tournament in the quarter-finals and is no slouch himself in the power department.

Johansson, 22, is the rising star on the men's circuit, climbing 101 rankings places last year and making the semi-finals of the US Open, where he beat defending champion Andy Roddick in five sets before bowing out to Hewitt.

His performance at Flushing Meadows was part of a run in which he reached the quarter-finals or better of the last six tournaments he played in 2004.

This week's success in Adelaide extended that sequence to seven and brought him his second ATP title.

He won at Memphis last year without dropping one of his 55 service games.

It is this last characteristic of the towering Swede's game that prompted Dent to say there was no reason Johansson could not win the Australian Open.

"I don't see why not. I believe men's tennis is all about holding serve, and if he's playing like that that on his own serve, I don't see how guys are going to break him, so absolutely," Dent said.

Johansson himself would not be drawn into making predictions about how he will fare at Melbourne Park, saying only he hoped to win "a few matches", but said he was confident, in the long term, he could build on his meteoric rise through the ranks.

"I've heard everybody saying it's tougher to back (a successful year) up. You've probably got more eyes on you, people looking at how you're going to play, but I think that if you keep playing the way you should, you have a good chance to back it up or maybe even better," he said.

Johansson pounded 15 forehand winners to Dent's five yesterday, stifling the world No.32's serve-volley game and seemingly passing him at will.

"He was really serving well and not missing many forehands. I kept telling myself, 'Just make him play, make him play, he might give you a game', but he wasn't missing any balls," Dent said.

"He was taking big cuts at my serve and unfortunately my serve today wasn't as effective as it has been in previous matches . . . But all credit to him, he was returning really well and he was really making me come up with the goods time after time, and unfortunately I couldn't do it."

Johansson heads to Sydney today to contest the Sydney International, where he will face Greg Rusedski in his first match. Ominously, Johansson said he will use the opportunity to fine-tune his serve.

Aleksa's Laydee
01-11-2005, 12:04 PM
aaw Dents such a nice guy :)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
01-11-2005, 10:03 PM
yeah, dent's a good guy. i don't like how people say bad things about him all the time. he used to be one of my favorites!

Iza
01-13-2005, 02:32 AM
a bit of an article from the AO site saying why PimPim is a favorite for the AO :) (didn't post it all cos it had a lot with Rogi and others)

The other men's tournament winner for 2005 is a definite up-and-comer, Swede Joachim Johansson, who downed American Taylor Dent in straight sets at the Australian Hardcourts in Adelaide.

Johansson reached the third round in Melbourne last year and two weeks later captured his first ATP title in Memphis. The 22-year-old also reached the last 16 at Wimbledon and the semi-finals of the US Open, where he lost to Hewitt.

:D Kom Igen PimPim!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
01-13-2005, 03:58 AM
yay pim pim!! win AO!!! :yeah:

Canuck_Chick
01-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Injured Hamstring Hampers Johansson's Australian Open Hopes
By Tennis Week
01/12/2005

Storming through the Adelaide draw to earn his second career tournament title at last week's Next Generation Hard courts event, Joachim Johansson looked like a man completely capable of contending for the Australian Open championship. Now, the 11th-ranked Swede simply hopes to be healthy enough to compete in the year's first major, which begins on Monday.

Johansson hobbled out of the Sydney tournament today with a right hamstring injury that could threaten his chances of playing the Australian Open. The towering Swede with the searing serve was trailing Belarus' Max Mirnyi, 4-1, when he retired from the second-round match of the Medibank International with the hamstring strain.

The 2004 U.S. Open semifinalist said he initially sustained the injury in his straight-sets victory over Greg Rusedski on Monday and was incapable of completing today's match with Mirnyi.

"I tried to go out there for a few games but I felt I couldn't give 100 percent, and at this level there's no way you can win," Johansson said. "If it had felt good I would have kept playing but obviously it doesn't so that's why I stopped."

Johansson told the media he plans to fly to Melbourne tonight to receive treatment from a specialist in an effort to compete in the Australian Open though he is unsure if he will be healthy enough to play.

"It's too early to say," Johansson said. "At the moment it doesn't feel great but hopefully I'll be back practicing at the end of this week."

The man who grew up in Sodertalje, Sweden — the same town that produced 11-time Grand Slam champion Bjorn Borg — has emerged as the top Swedish threat to win a major since Thomas Johansson won the 2002 Australian Open. Johansson, who dates Lleyton Hewitt's sister, Jaslyn, enjoys strong fan support in Australia where he's been embraced for his explosive game and good-natured personality.

http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/Johansson%20LUM.jpg

Iza
01-13-2005, 10:35 PM
noooo pleeez be fit PimPim :sobbing:

Ashie_87
01-14-2005, 06:39 AM
the article was written on wednesday so it might have improved a little in 2 days *clutches at straws*:p

jmgsdoubsprtnr
01-14-2005, 08:33 PM
get better pim pim! :hugs:

Aleksa's Laydee
01-14-2005, 09:46 PM
another 3 days to go...he SHOULD i reall hope SHOULD be fit by then!!

Aphex
01-16-2005, 09:12 AM
There was an article in Sw newspaper SvD today about Pim-pim and his budding ... uhmmm modeling career. Some dude said he had at least as big a potential as Maria Sharapova. Yes, that's what he said I'm not kidding. There were some pics of him as a model too. Unfortunately the article is still only available in the paper edition yet. Perhaps they will publish it on the web later. www.svd.se then click sport.

gogo_guga
01-16-2005, 01:01 PM
hahahaha!! Those pictures are awesome, especially that one of him with Jaslyn. It's sooo cute. But for some reason I just can't stop laughing when I think about the idea of Pim Pim modeling!

Aleksa's Laydee
01-16-2005, 02:43 PM
can anyone post a DIRECT link please...all i can see if pim pim joachim johansson and no pictures!

Pina
01-16-2005, 02:52 PM
here
http://www.svd.se/dynamiskt/sport/did_8924455.asp
That photo is awesome!!I love it!!

Take a look at this...(thanks Skeiji for it. She's a photo queen.:worship: )

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2005-01/16_568510_1.jpg

Aleksa's Laydee
01-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Ok OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! * has heart attack * PIM PIM PLEASE MODEL!!!

how sexy is he in that pic ^^^!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove: :inlove:

Pina how did you get the picture?

Sommarsverige
01-16-2005, 05:59 PM
OMG; the pic is so great, thanks Pina for posting it and Skeiji for finding it ;)

It´s quite funny, because in the text it says that Pim Pim has modelled one time earlier, but only half. That time (Pim Pim only said that it was some years ago) Pim Pim and Magnus Norman :hearts: were modelling in costumes, but you could only see the half of Pim Pim. So he was happy that it was the whole Pim Pim this time :lol:

Björki
01-16-2005, 07:52 PM
lovely pic :kiss:
here are the two from the other article

Sharon
01-16-2005, 10:14 PM
thanks for the article and pics... he'd be a good model :p

:lol: cute story sommar, too bad there arent pics of that

Pina
01-17-2005, 12:48 AM
Pina how did you get the picture?

No it wasn't me. It was Skeiji who found it. Just like I said, she's a photo queen. She knows tons of mysterious photo galaries on tennis. :worship:

Thank you sommar for that story. :D half Pim Pim :D
Is Pim Pim an official model with contract or he just does it occasionally?

Aleksa's Laydee
01-17-2005, 06:09 AM
No it wasn't me. It was Skeiji who found it. Just like I said, she's a photo queen. She knows tons of mysterious photo galaries on tennis. :worship:

Thank you sommar for that story. :D half Pim Pim :D
Is Pim Pim an official model with contract or he just does it occasionally?

can she find any of alex bogdanovic or thomas johansson? :wavey:

crazzzy_grrl
01-17-2005, 10:29 AM
Could anyone possibly translate the interview???? Would be greatly appreciated :D

Becool
01-17-2005, 02:42 PM
Don't know if this was posted alread but

Giant server Johansson eyes top 10

STOCKHOLM, Jan 17 (Reuters) - He grew up in the same town as Bjorn Borg but that is about as far as the comparison goes for Joachim Johansson, Sweden's big hope at the Australian Open.
Raised in Sodertalje just south of Stockholm like the 11-times Grand Slam champion, the 22-year-old Johansson is not known for the kind of patient baseline play that saw Borg rule the tennis world in his day.

Johansson, ranked 11th in the world, has much more in common with American Andy Roddick, relying heavily on a devastating serve and a thunderous forehand that he used to hit wide far too often. ADVERTISEMENT

While world number two Roddick, who is the same age as Johansson, erupted on the tour at the tender age of 18, success came at a slower pace for the Swede.

Last year Johansson entered the top 100 for the first time and until 2004 he saw little action beyond challenger tournaments.

On home ground he was regularly awarded wild cards at the Stockholm Open but the 1.98-metre tall Johansson won few matches, impatiently squandering far too many points in the early rounds.

CRUCIAL ROLE

Then came 2004, and that was some year.

In February he played a crucial role in Sweden's Davis Cup quarter-final win over Australia, beating Mark Philippoussis in the singles and winning the doubles alongside Jonas Bjorkman.

Later that month he won his maiden title in Memphis without dropping a service game during the entire tournament.

He established himself as a future prospect when he overcame Roddick in an epic five-set battle in the quarter-finals at the U.S. Open. He then lost to Australian Lleyton Hewitt in the semi-finals.

He ended the year 12th in the world, having hit a total of 869 aces. Only Roddick surpassed him in that department.

This year Johansson has made an impressive start by grabbing his second career title in Adelaide, beating American Taylor Dent in the final.

"I've heard everyone saying it's tougher to back (a successful year) up," Johansson said after the Adelaide final.

"You've probably got more eyes on you, people looking at how you're going to play, but I think that if you keep playing the way you should, you have a good chance to back it up or maybe (do) even better."

INJURY FREE

With success has come respect from big names on the tour.

"Joachim is the kind of player who can make you sleepless the night before the match," Andre Agassi said of the Swede. "He doesn't just have an enormous serve and forehand but a big game in him."

Last week Johansson had to pull out of the Sydney International tournament because of a hamstring injury, but he was declared fit to play in Melbourne.

Seeded 11th in Melbourne, he was taking on Dutchman Sjeng Schalken in Monday's first round.

Provided he remains injury free, he has a chance to break into the top 10 during the tournament, but that might require him to defeat Agassi in the fourth round and he would then be likely to face world number one Roger Federer.

Johansson is still young and improving and it would be a surprise if he did not make it into the top 10 at some stage this year.

For a long while the boyfriend of Hewitt's sister Jaslyn, Johansson has benefited from training regularly with the Australian former world number one, who has taught him a thing or two about not wasting balls.

Johansson believes his biggest weapon can still get better. After beating Dent in the Adelaide final, he said: "I have to improve my serve if I'm going to go all the way in Melbourne."

star
01-17-2005, 02:46 PM
Nice words from Agassi. He's very gracious with the young players.

Sommarsverige
01-17-2005, 05:06 PM
Could anyone possibly translate the interview???? Would be greatly appreciated :D

Here´s the translation from the "model" interview:

The new coverboy of tennis

Pim Pim is already the coverboy of Swedish tennis. Soon he will be this in the whole world, with help of the photos below.
“He has everything which is needed”, Chris Forburg at IMG Models in New York says to SVD.
Forburgs words have nothing to do with the Australian Open starting on Monday or with tennis in general. Forburg is the boss of a model agency and he has to say who has the special something. “Joachim is good-looking, he has charisma and looks good on photos. I think he has as big potential as Maria Sharapova”, Chris Forburg says.

Even if Pim Pim hasn´t won that much title like she did yet, he has good possibilities. “His “market value” grew already after the title in Memphis, but especially because of his success at the US Open. Pim Pims “value” is today about 90% better than at the same time last year when he was not that successful yet,” säger Pim Pims agent Per Hjertqvist.
Hertqvist says that the success in the sports is always the most important thing in marketing for a sportsman :”A sportsman can look fantastic, but if he doesn´t have success, it will be much more difficult.” This means for Pim Pim that he should at least stay in the ranking position he is right now or even get better.

Then some uninteresting marketing talk.

What do you say about the photos, Pim Pim?
I like them, even if I don´t like all of them so much. I am not a perfect model. It is difficult to get told what you should do for a longer time and to look serious for 10 minutes or longer” says Pim Pim about the photo session which was held the day after he lost against Lleyton Hewitt at the US Open 2004.

How do you want the agency to present you: dangerous or nice?
For me this is not important, but I wouldn´t agree if I should pose too naked, there is stop for me.

Did you model before this?
Yes, but only half.

Half?
Yes, it was some years ago. Magnus Norman and I were posing in costumes, but later in the papers you could only see Magnus and a little bit of me” says Pim Pim and laughs.

But this time it was the “whole” Joachim Johansson and he even starts to get well-known everywhere in Sweden.
On Monday the first Grand Slam tournament of the year will start, Pim Pim is ready for it. And in New York Chris Forburg and his colleagues are also ready…

Aleksa's Laydee
01-17-2005, 05:39 PM
thanks :D great article...he should bring out a calender...we can have pim pim all year round :D

gogo_guga
01-17-2005, 07:47 PM
here
http://www.svd.se/dynamiskt/sport/did_8924455.asp
That photo is awesome!!I love it!!

Take a look at this...(thanks Skeiji for it. She's a photo queen.:worship: )

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2005-01/16_568510_1.jpg

Quick question: Where and when was this taken???

Canuck_Chick
01-17-2005, 09:01 PM
thanks :D great article...he should bring out a calender...we can have pim pim all year round :D

:haha: what a GREAT idea!! lol

Sharon
01-17-2005, 09:29 PM

:yeah: nice idea :p

:worship: thanks for the translation sommar

Canuck_Chick
01-17-2005, 09:50 PM
it's not like there's gonna be a shortage of pics for the calender :p ;) lol

Ashie_87
01-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Ohhh calendar! good idea!:yeah: quick someone email his agent:p
Thanks for the translation:hug:

Sharon
01-18-2005, 01:21 AM
Ohhh calendar! good idea!:yeah: quick someone email his agent:p
Thanks for the translation:hug:

or we can ask kristen to subtlely mention it to him when she sees him? ;) :lol:

Pina
01-18-2005, 03:00 AM
Quick question: Where and when was this taken???
It was taken a few days before, in Melbourn.

Thanks for the article and the translation! Too bad he doesn't wanna be too naked :p Just kidding.

As for the photo of other players, I'll ask Skeiji about it. ;)

Ashie_87
01-18-2005, 03:38 AM
that photo was taken last thursday at the quallies...it say so on the site Toppu listed:) in the pics thread

crazzzy_grrl
01-18-2005, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the translation :kiss:

Aleksa's Laydee
01-18-2005, 11:47 AM
it's not like there's gonna be a shortage of pics for the calender :p ;) lol

precisely ;)

Aleksa's Laydee
01-18-2005, 11:48 AM
It was taken a few days before, in Melbourn.

Thanks for the article and the translation! Too bad he doesn't wanna be too naked :p Just kidding.

As for the photo of other players, I'll ask Skeiji about it. ;)

yeah it is a big shame :lol:

Sommarsverige
01-18-2005, 04:48 PM
Årets nykomling
Nominerade:
Helena Allandi, brottning.
Per Gunnar Andersson, bilsport.
Joachim Johansson, tennis.
Antonio Lindbäck, speedway.
Vinnare: Joachim Johansson
Tacktal: Då Pim-Pim tävlar i Australien fick Johan Porsborn, informationsansvarig på tennisförbundet hålla ett tal:
”Jag vet att Joachim är djupt hedrad, och han tackar er alla. Pim-Pim betyder redan nu oerhört mycket för svensk tennis och det här priset betyder otroligt mycket för svensk tennis.”

Unfortunately I couldnt find any whole article about it,
but yesterday there was the yearly Swedish sports gala and Pim Pim got the price for "Newcomer of the year."
Because Pim Pim could not be there, someone from the Swedish Tennis Foundation had to take his price.

crazzzy_grrl
01-21-2005, 10:04 AM
I found this article which was kinda cool :D

Imperious Johansson
By Dan Oakes
January 15, 2005

Swede Joachim Johansson's powerful game has attracted as much attention as his five-year relationship with Jaslyn Hewitt.

To fill the void left by the departure of Aussie Kim, let's welcome Aussie Pim. Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson, that is.

The two tennis stars have more in common than vowels and consonants, though. Johansson is the boyfriend of Jaslyn Hewitt, whose slightly more celebrated brother was famously engaged to Kim Clijsters.

And the origins of the nickname? When the 22-year-old's brother was small, he was unable to pronounce Joachim, instead calling him Joa-pim, which stuck and became Pim-Pim (also the name of Swedish confectionery).

But Johansson is much more than an addendum to the Hewitt family. This is the player of whom Andre Agassi said this week: "You give me his game and I'm going to make sure a lot of people aren't sleeping well . . ."

Jaslyn and Johansson have been going out for five years, with the Swede spending plenty of time in Adelaide with the Hewitt family. En route to winning the Australian hardcourt championships in the South Australian capital last week, he said that success at Memorial Drive would mean more to him than a normal tournament win because of his link to the city.

Unsurprisingly, the only time tension enters the air when talking to the normally relaxed Johansson is when he is asked about his role in Australian tennis' most famous family.

"For me, it doesn't really matter who I would be going out with," he said. "Obviously, going out with Jaslyn . . . there's probably more writing about me than it would be in another case, but for me, that doesn't really matter, and I don't think it matters for her either. It's not a problem for me, I normally do the stuff I feel like I want to do and that doesn't affect me at all."

While his Australian connections are bound to make him a crowd favourite at Melbourne Park if he plays - Johansson withdrew from the Sydney International this week with a hamstring injury - they are not the reason for his increased public profile.

His victory over American Taylor Dent in the hardcourts final brought him his second ATP title and underscored his phenomenal rise from No. 113 to 11 over the past 12 months. Last year, he won the title in Memphis and made the semi-finals at the US Open, beating defending champion Andy Roddick before falling to Hewitt. More tellingly, barring Sydney, he has reached the quarter-finals or better of his past seven tournaments.

But statistics do not tell the full story. It is only when watching Johansson on court that you see the evidence of his promise and power. His disposal of Dent in the final can only be described as imperious. The American had enjoyed a decent tournament, tipping out Hewitt, but Johansson battered him into submission, winning 7-5, 6-3.

The most striking aspects were his booming serve and blistering groundstrokes, but his movement around the court also stuck in the mind. For a man of 198 centimetres, he exhibited extraordinary grace.

It is also difficult not to be impressed when you speak to Johansson for he is eloquent, courteous but reserved, and seems to have a wry sense of humour and self-deprecation.

This combination of raw ability, form and mental discipline has raised the possibility that he could become the second Swede, after Thomas Johansson in 2002, to win the Open since Mats Wilander in 1988. The No. 11 seed faces veteran Dutchman Sjeng Schalken in the first round.

Dent was in no doubt that his Adelaide conqueror was in with a shot at the title, saying: "I don't see why not. I believe men's tennis is all about holding serve, and if he's playing like that on his own serve, I don't see how guys are going to break him."

Agassi was equally upbeat about Johansson's chances. "It's a hard game to deal with. He is one of the biggest serves and one of the biggest forehands you will ever see and he is a big guy who can make a lot of spectacular shots, so it would be very possible for him to put it together," he said.

Johansson was uncharacteristically tongue-tied when asked why his rise up the rankings had been so meteoric.

"I am a tall guy and maybe it takes a little bit longer to develop, especially with my movement," he said. "Before, I didn't used to move that great, and I've been working a lot on that for the last year-and-a-half, two years, and it feels like all the hard work paid off for me.

"I feel like I play a little bit smarter. If I get a few shots in the corners, it feels like I'm treating the ball as it should be treated. Before, maybe I was just going for some shots."

The Swede believes he can improve on every aspect of his game, but he wants to shape his game around coming to the net more in the future.

"I'm not as comfortable at the net as I am at the baseline. You see a lot of guys who have maybe the same build as me, we're not playing the same, but maybe we should. They're coming in much more, like (Mark) Philippoussis, (Richard) Krajicek, (Pete) Sampras."

Pina
01-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks crazy,great article!!

The most striking aspects were his booming serve and blistering groundstrokes, but his movement around the court also stuck in the mind. For a man of 198 centimetres, he exhibited extraordinary grace.

It is also difficult not to be impressed when you speak to Johansson for he is eloquent, courteous but reserved, and seems to have a wry sense of humour and self-deprecation.

A great pimpim on and off court. :hug:

Aleksa's Laydee
01-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Johansson stuns Lopez in thriller

Joachim Johansson put in a magnificent battling display to see off Feliciano Lopez in five epic sets at the Australian Open.
The Swede, seeded 11th, looked on his way out as he struggled with a leg injury in the final set.

Lopez was two points from victory at one stage but Johansson kept firing down huge serves to keep the 24th seeded Spaniard at bay.

And it was Lopez who cracked, Johansson winning 6-3 3-6 5-7 7-6 (7-2) 13-11.

With Johansson needing treatment on his leg in the fifth set, the Swede simply went for outright winners wherever possible.

And with the vociferous support of a large Swedish contingent, he held on to set up a meeting with Andre Agassi

Iza
01-21-2005, 02:24 PM
what a lovely pic Pina :inlove: :inlove: :drool:

Canuck_Chick
01-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Johansson Survives To Set Up Fourth Round Oz Open Match With Agassi
By Richard Pagliaro
01/21/2005

Joachim Johansson may hope his muscle memory suffers from amnesia when he steps on court to face Andre Agassi, a man who dispenses punishment as easily as a Pez dispenser delivers candy, when the pair play for the first time in the fourth round of the Australian Open.

Seeking to reduce the stress on the strained hamstring he suffered in Sydney last week, Johansson rolled through the opening two rounds of the Australian Open without surrendering a set. On Friday, the 11th-seeded Swede survived a strenuous marathon match that tested his legs, serving shoulder and nerve. In the end, Johansson won one more point than Feliciano Lopez in gutting out a grueling 6-3, 3-6, 5-7, 7-6, 13-11 victory in a match that lasted nearly four hours and ended at about 11 p.m. Melbourne time.

The pair produced a total of 72 aces (Johansson hit 38 aces and Lopez lashed 34 aces) and 13 double faults. Johansson, who hit 99 winners compared to 76 for Lopez, won exactly one more point than his opponent (200 to 199) to advance to his third straight round of 16 in a major following his semifinal appearance at last September's U.S. Open.

A match that featured wall-rattling serving turned on a double fault from Lopez, who saved four break points in the game, that gave Johansson a service break and a 12-11 lead in the decisive set that spanned 84 minutes. The 22-year-old Swede served out the match to secure his spot in the fourth round.

Johansson, who upset Andy Roddick in a five-set quarterfinal conquest at the 2004 U.S. Open, plays with the fearlessness of youth empowered by one of the most devastating serves in the sport. In three tournament victories, he has dropped serve just three times.

The man who grew up in Sodertalje, the same Swedish town where 11-time Grand Slam champion Bjorn Borg was raised, is fulfilling the prodigious potential he showed in soaring 101 ranking sports in one year — finishing the 2004 season ranked No. 12 after concluding 2003 ranked No. 113.

A fan favorite in Melbourne — due to the fact he dates Jaslyn Hewitt, Lleyton Hewitt's sister and possess an explosive game — Johansson is widely regarded as the best Swedish threat to win a major since Thomas Johansson surprised Marat Safin to win the 2002 Australian Open. Swedish Davis Cup captain Mats Wilander has watched Johansson development and believes he is a capable Grand Slam contender, but must continue to mature as a match player first.

"I don't think he's a candidate yet to win a Grand Slam, but he's a candidate to beat a Federer or a Hewitt, and he beat Roddick in the U.S. Open," Wilander told The Australian yesterday. "We are putting a bit of pressure on him but at the same time, he's responded to that in the last 12 months by coming out and totally changing his game. He's gone to 11 in the world in 12 months, so I suppose we're a little surprised he's there already. Now it remains to see what happens from here. He's been playing Davis Cup, and he's a great kid, so I think he can handle it."

The question confronting Johansson is how will his body hold up after against Agassi after his demanding duel with Lopez. Agassi has the ability to turn baseline rallies into suicide drills for opponents whose legs and lungs are sapped by running repetitive sprints in pursuit of Agassi's deep drives. Court coverage is Johansson's weakness and the 34-year-old Agassi will undoubtedly make him move.

Before the four-time Australian Open champion can get to Johansson's legs, he must first put his returns back in play against the six-foot-six Swede who has swatted 76 aces in three matches. Agassi enters this match knowing Johansson will play hard ball and focusing on a serve approaching him so fast it will look about as big as a BB at times.

"I never like playing big servers. I like playing people that hit the ball very soft all the time," Agassi said. "I don't care if they're serving or playing a forehand or backhand, the softer the better as far as I'm concerned. You know, he's a guy, he throws the ball up, there's a few guys out there that, when they go for their shot, there's nothing you can do about it. You just hope that you can make them do it over and over again and do it in pressure situations and take your chances when you do get them."

In addition to his experience, the biggest advantage Agassi carries into this match is his backhand. Johansson is most vulnerable on his one-handed backhand and Agassi owns the best two-handed backhand in the business. Look for Agassi to not only persistently pound away at Johansson's one-hander, but to also play his crosscourt forehand wide to stretch out the Swede before coming back with the sharp angled backhand crosscourt that will force Johansson to hit his backhand on the run. That shot sequence should enable Agassi to exploit two of Johansson's weaknesses — his backhand and his mobility and based on the fact the bigger man may be feeling fatigue from the four hours on court against Lopez, Agassi will be in no hurry to conclude the baseline rallies. Tennis can be a very cruel and sometimes arguably unfair sport.

Publicly, Agassi says he will assess Johansson's strengths and weaknesses as the match progresses. Privately, he knows if he can get Johansson's big serve back — not a given — and avoid hitting short balls to his forehand, he should enjoy an edge from the backcourt.

"He has one of the biggest serves and biggest forehands in the game. I mean, there's no question about that," Agassi said. "I don't have a good sense for his movement. I don't have a good sense for his backhand. I don't have a good sense for his volleys. I don't have a good sense if he likes the ball up high or he likes the ball low. I have to sort of assess from what I see and then be able to make adjustments. Hopefully I can give him a few things to worry about, too, and we can call it even."

From Johansson's perspective, he will need to come up with another strong serving day. Hitting 38 aces and 99 winners he still barely squeaked by the 24th-seeded Lopez in a match with a combined 121 net approaches. Rallies should be longer in the fourth-round showdown, and Johansson's best chance against the ultra-consistent Agassi is to take his best shot on the first semi-short ball he gets.

The Las Vegas native was once the ultimate baseline gambler who swung for the lines, but Agasi rarely beats himself these days and will carry the confidence that comes with a 47-4 career record in Australia onto the court.

"I think Andre's best, top level was probably higher five or six years ago, but he doesn't really hit his lowest level too often now," Wilander told Tennis Week. "What Agassi does so well is he consistently plays closer to a higher level now, with fewer up and down days. He's worked to stay at that level and that gives him the chance to beat the best player in the world on any given day."

Since the draw was released, a potential Agassi-Federer quarterfinal has been the most-highly anticipated match on the men's side. The top-seeded Swiss' fourth-round opponent, Marcos Baghdatis, and Agassi were the only men to take a set off Federer in his march to the U.S. Open title and now Federer and Agassi are one win away from renewing their rivalry again.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
01-22-2005, 04:05 AM
From "the austalian" i thought it was a cool article.

Joachim stokes blue and gold army
Patrick Miles
January 22, 2005
SINCE 1983, when Mats Wilander started a five-year streak of Swedish success at the Australian Open, the tournament has become a popular destination for the nomadic hordes from the north.

Every year, Melbourne Park resounds to the incomprehensible chants of the blue and yellow army, who join organised tours to escape the Swedish winter and revel in the exploits of their countrymen in the sun.

Every year, they had someone to cheer, someone who could take them well into the fortnight, and for a long time, they have had generous Jonas Bjorkman to procure centre-court tickets for them.

Wilander and Stefan Edberg shared the men's singles title between them from 1983 to 1988, the former winning three times and the latter twice. The event was not held in 1986 as the date changed from December to January.

Then Bjorkman and Thomas Enqvist, runner-up in 1999, made their presence felt, then Magnus Norman, a semi-finalist in 2000, stepped up, followed by an unexpected triumph for Thomas Johansson in 2002.

But more recently, there have been less reasons to be cheerful for the Swedish contingent as the line of ascendancy that began with Bjorn Borg in the 1970s came to a halt.

All blue eyes are now on Joachim Johansson, who is expected to bring Sweden back to the top of the pile.

At the age of 22, Johansson is his country's leading light and it is hoped he will drag some others -- Robin Soderling, Andreas Vinciguerra and Michael Ryderstedt -- along with him.

"'Well, I'm not sure if I feel it, but at the moment, I'm the best-ranked Swede," Johansson said. "I know Soderling is right behind me. I think there's a few guys coming up, like Ryderstedt. But I don't mind being the No.1 Swede at the moment."

With Bjorkman, Enqvist and Soderling all losing in the first round at Melbourne Park this week, it was left to the Johanssons to fly the flag.

Thomas Johansson moved into the fourth round yesterday with a 3-6 6-2 6-7 (7-4) 6-2 6-2 win over Kevin Kim of the US.

Joachim Johansson, who was in action late last night, entered the Australian Open with a world ranking of No.11. If he improves on his third-round appearance of last year, there is every chance he will enter the top 10, becoming the eighth Swede to do so; and should he manage to take his powerful, all-court game to the top, he would become the fourth man from his country to be No.1.

Borg was No.1 for 109 weeks, Edberg for 72 and Wilander 20; Norman reached No.2 in the world, Bjorkman and Enqvist both No.4 and Thomas Johansson No.7.

As Joachim Johansson approaches the upper echelon, he seems remarkably unconcerned with the legacy left by his great compatriots. Asked if he felt a sense of pride about Sweden's tennis history, he said: "I don't know. I know I'm playing because I enjoy it and there's no pride for me for anything."

Johannsson is starting to experience the scrutiny, though, from Swedes who crave a return to the halcyon days.

As he has risen up the rankings in spectacular fashion, more than 100 places in a season, his relationship with Jaslyn Hewitt, Lleyton's younger sister, has brought him into contact with the most determined man in the business, and it is paying off on court.

Defeating Andy Roddick to reach the semi-finals of last year's US Open was a good indication of how far he has come, although Wilander is not entirely convinced.

"I don't think he's a candidate yet to win a Grand Slam, but he's a candidate to beat a Federer or a Hewitt, and he beat Roddick in the US Open," Wilander said yesterday.

"We are putting a bit of pressure on him but at the same time, he's responded to that in the last 12 months by coming out and totally changing his game. He's gone to 11 in the world in 12 months, so I suppose we're a little surprised he's there already.

"Now it remains to see what happens from here. He's been playing Davis Cup, and he's a great kid, so I think he can handle it."

Canuck_Chick
02-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Aussie Open parting shots
From the Russian Revolution to Martina in the booth

I'm cleaning out the notebook after a terrific tournament -- "a real cracker," as the Aussies would put it. Here are 50 random asides, trying to incorporate as many of your questions as possible. Next we'll resume our usual format.

1. We began the tournament wondering if a male player could be the first man to win the Grand Slam since Rod Laver. After Marat Safin's poised run in Melbourne, maybe it's still a valid question.

2. Nice to see Serena Williams back, too. She, of course, won her seventh Slam by beating a defeated-looking Lindsay Davenport in the final. Serena beat the fourth, second and first seed to win. Time, once again, for the rest of the field to start quaking in their boots.

3. En route to both of her Australian Open titles, Serena had to stave off match points. This year, she was on her last legs against Maria Sharapova and simply came up with the proverbial goods. The haters will say she was a point from losing. The rest will admire her fight.

4. How about that Russian Revolution?

5. I get the feeling Lleyton Hewitt could chose any sport and, so long as he had that outsized heart, he would succeed. Would you like him guarding you on the perimeter? Breaking up your double play? Covering your receiving route?

6. Hard to know what to make of Davenport, who never found her groove in Australia. You'd think if winning Slams would stave off retirement, she wouldn't go so quietly into the night.

7. Can we just call the Safin-RogerFederer semifinal the best match of 2005 and get on with our lives?

8. Obviously, it was a disappointing result for Federer, but here's food for thought: He far from his best against the second-most talented player in tennis. And he came within a point -- literally within inches -- of winning. Also, here's some testament to Federer's elite status: He loses 9-7 in the fifth set to the mountainously talented Safin and the headlines tell us he is "stunned in a huge upset."

9. I had a fair number of you guys backing me on the plea to eliminate five-setters. Then Hewitt beat David Nalbandian, and Safin beat Federer 9-7 in the fifth set of perhaps the best match I've ever seen. By late last week, the vigorous defenses of best-of-five starting rolling in, and I have to admit, I stopped to reconsider my stance. Pam Cheney of Thompson, Conn., wrote: "Maybe a compromise can be reached. Save five sets for the second week of a slam." That works for me. You eliminate the first week tedium, the problematic scheduling and, most importantly, the needless wear-and-tear on the players. But you still keep alive the potential for late-round classics. You guys willing to meet halfway?

10. Kevin Ullyett and Wayne Black won the men's doubles, their first major, beating Bob and Mike Bryan in the final.

11. Believe the hype. At the tender age of 15, Donald Young won the boys title. It's silly to make long-range projections about a kid who still has so much physical growth ahead of him. But it's sure worth keeping an eye on his progress.

12. On the other hand, only three Americans were in the girls singles draw and none made it beyond the second round. If I work for the USTA, this troubles me. In the girls draw, Belarus' Victoria Azarenka beat Agnes Szavay of Hungary in the final.

13. We get the question all the time: "How can Andy Roddick be a top player when his game is so limited -- a monster serve and a monster forehand and not much else?" Our stock response: He is a lot stronger mentally than his Von Dutch personality would have you believe. That said, if he doesn't compete better than he did against Hewitt, it's hard to see him finishing at No. 2 again.

14. Hewitt was correct when he noted it is "not very good for the sport" when one opponent spits in the direction of another. We would submit, however, that unleashing a primal scream of "C'mawwwwn!" after your opponent double-faults would fall squarely under the same heading. Same for spitting loogies on the court, yelling at ballgirls, swearing audibly or calling the chair "an idiot" when he in fact made the correct call....

15. In sharp contrast to Hewitt, did any player reveal themselves to be more winsome than Alicia Molik? (And not just because she donated her 24th birthday cake to the gluttons in the media room.) Her game is highly entertaining -- a mix of power, athleticism and risk-taking. And she was a delight in the interview room. Here was her take on her 6-4, 4-6, 9-7 quarterfinal loss to Davenport, a match in which she got rooked on a crucial call: "One point doesn't cost you a match. Lindsay was the better player today."

16. Molik capped a tremendous two weeks winning the doubles alongside Svetlana Kuznetsova. It was their first tournament together, which certainly bodes well for the rest of the year.

17. Yet another reason we like Molik: When she came across tabloid "Drug Scandal" headlines about Kuznetsova, Molik purchased an entire stack of newspapers from the local convenience store and promptly threw them in the trash.

18. Though overshadowed by Hewitt-mania and the return of Serena, perhaps the best story of the tournament was Corina Morariu's run to the doubles final with Davenport. Less than four years ago, Morariu was diagnosed with advanced leukemia. Suffice it to say, reaching another Grand Slam final is an achievement. And you sure have to hand it Davenport for playing doubles alongside her friend, even though it may have cost her a Grand Slam singles title.

19. At the women's doubles trophy presentation, Davenport broke down in tears rehashing Morariu's saga. Hundreds of fans in Rod Laver Arena followed suit. Molik was next at the mic. "It would be great if Kleenex could jump on board as a sponsor. But thanks to Kia and the rest of the sponsors and volunteers and the ballboys." Nice touch.

20. Once again, a handful of matches were marred by botched calls and overrules, intensifying the clamor for replay technology. Expect to see it in place by the U.S. Open. Limited challenges? Unlimited challenges? Show courts or all courts? We say just do it and get to the details later. And in the meantime, what if the chair umpire stopped overruling the far sidelines? We saw easily a dozen such overruled calls and the chair batted about .300. Maria Alves, meanwhile, the chair umpire during the controversial U.S. Open match between Jennifer Capriati and Serena, quietly worked a few matches.

21. Scott Draper and Samantha Stosur won the mixed doubles over Ullyett and Liezel Huber. Sad but true: Interest in that event lasts as long as Martina Navratilova is in the draw. After that all bets are off. Nice tournament for Ullyett, who won about $250,000 without playing a set of singles.

22. Hewitt wasn't the only family member to battle injuries last week. His sister Jaslyn tripped in the shower, breaking a bone in her right hand.

23. James "C'mawwwwn!" Blake has joined the tsunami-relief efforts by donating one of his new Dunlop racquets, an autographed match-worn jersey from the Open and a personalized letter. Check it out at jamesblaketennis.com.

24. Australia's Chris Guccione may have gotten drilled in the first round, but he did hit the fastest serve of the tournament: 144 miles per hour.

25. Fiona McKenna of Melbourne was the first of many to inquire about the blue wristbands favored by Roddick and several other Americans. Turns out the bands are Roddick's answer to Lance Armstrong's "LiveStrong" bracelets. Embossed with the words, "No Compromise," they benefit children in need and are available at andyroddick.com. Price is $2 (minimum order of five) plus shipping and handling.

26. The Monica Seles update is ... no update. The Beloved One isn't ready to retire but isn't ready to resume playing. She made several guests appearance in Australia last week doing some promotional work for American Express.

27. Tickets for the 2005 United States Davis Cup first-round tie against Croatia, Mar. 4-6 at White Elephant -- er, the Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif. -- have not exactly been brisk. (Who couldn't have seen this coming?) Tickets for the three-day series can be purchased by calling 888-484-8782 (USTA). Prices range from $90 to $375 for all three days of competition.

28. The minute Andre Agassi signs on to play, ticket sales won't be an issue.

29. Volkert of Utrecht, Netherlands, called this to our attention: Stephanie Foretz turned in the worst service performance since Anna Kournikova double-faulted 31 times in an early-round match six years ago. Against Michaella Krajicek, Foretz double-faulted 17 times on 22 second serves.

30. Does Agassi walk away from this event encouraged that he beat one of the hottest young players who served a record number of aces or that Federer is mortal after all? Or is he further discouraged that -- at his favorite Slam, under prime conditions -- he couldn't muster a set in his quarterfinal defeat?

31. If you're in the market for a tennis stock, we advise to make some margin calls on Joachim Johansson. Though he lost to Agassi in the fourth round, is there any doubt J-Jo is a threat to win Slams? Against Agassi, he set the Slam record for aces with 51 -- and that wasn't a five-setter!

32. Garth Simmons of Toledo, Ohio, did make this interesting point: "Of all the players to serve more than 40 aces in a match, only one (Mark Philippoussis, Wimbledon '03) actually won the match. Is this the result of players too injured/exhausted to do anything but rely on a single shot, or is it something else?" (Such as: The serve isn't the dominant shot in the men's game as its detractors would have you believe.) Discuss for next week's class.

33. Note to Brad Gilbert: If Federer is USC and Roddick is Oklahoma, as you uncharitably put it, doesn't that make you Bob Stoops?

34. Awful nice showing from Nathalie Dechy, reaching her first Grand Slam semifinal at the advanced age of 25. But, boy, did she squander an opportunity against an injured and dispirited Davenport in the semis.

35. After falling to Dechy, Anastasia Myskina sourly remarked: "I can't really say that she won the match, but I can say that I lost it." Dechy's response: "I'm in the next round and she's not. I think I won the match." Nice to see someone finally call "bushwah," as they say, on an ungracious opponent.

36. Seeking to capitalize on the cadre of raucous Swedish fans who converged on Melbourne, a Stockholm newspaper sent its journalist 300 inflatable hands emblazoned with the Swedish flag on one side and paper's logo on the other. The goal was for the writer to distribute them to the fans who would then be televised. Problem was, by the time the package arrived, all the Swedish players had lost and the scribe was stuck with 300 novelty hands.

37. If you think Hewitt is fast on his feet, you missed Jim Courier doing courtside interviews after matches.

38. Here's a nominee for the weirdest visual: While Serena and Sharapova played their classic semifinal, the Bryan Brothers waxed Jonas Bjorkman and Max Mirnyi on a minor court. There may have been 30 fans scattered throughout the crowd. One of them was Phil Jackson.

39. Speaking of Jackson, he joined Roddick for dinner -- regaling him with Dennis Rodman stories -- and joined him at the blackjack table, where Roddick claims to have won more than $5,000.

40. Now for the gratuitous pot-stirring portion of today's program: If I'm on the ATP's executive search committee, I'm interviewing Paul McNamee as Mark Miles' replacement.

41. Is it us or did the opening-week "drug controversy" die down as quickly as it flared up? Pretty strong damage control over at the WTA.

42. Given our recent discussions, we thought you'd get a kick out this memo we received: "The International Tennis Hall of Fame has announced an open call for nominations for the induction [of the] Class of 2006 ... Players are elected based on a distinguished record of competitive achievement at the highest international level, with consideration given to integrity, sportsmanship and character ... Printable nomination forms are available online at tennisfame.com. Nomination forms may also be obtained by contacting: Enshrinee Nominating Chairman, International Tennis Hall of Fame, 194 Bellevue Ave., Newport, R.I. 02840. Phone: 401-849-3990; fax: 401-849-8780; e-mail: newport@tennisfame.com."

43. Know how Joe Buck and his Fox colleagues are forced to debase themselves by doing various "tie-in" promotions for phones, beer and movies? The same blight has come to Australia. You haven't lived until you've heard Navratilova -- a commentator, and a darn good one, for Australia's Channel Seven -- trying to plug Desperate Housewives with a trace of enthusiasm.

44. Navratilova's take on Hewitt's antics: "It offends me. I mean you just don't do that. It's not sportsmanlike and it's not respectful to your opponent. I understand pumping yourself up but not to the detriment of your opponent ... but when James Blake gets offended you know something's up. [Juan Ignacio] Chela, same thing, he's really laid back. It's going to come to fisticuffs one day either on the court or in the locker room. There's a line you don't cross, and he's crossing it."

45. John McEnroe and Courier will join Roddick in an exhibition event at Houston's Toyota Center called "Serving for Tsunami Relief" on Monday. Joining the past and present ATP stars will be Chris Evert, Kournikova and TV talk-show host Dr. Phil. The event will raise money for the Bush-Clinton Tsunami Relief Fund, an effort by the two former presidents to fund relief, reconstruction and rehabilitation for the victims of the disaster in Southeast Asia. Courier's InsideOut Sports & Entertainment is producing the event along with Jim McIngvale, the Houston Chair of the Bush-Clinton Fund. Tickets to the event are available at toyotacentertix.com.

46. Aussie veteran Draper was supposed to play to in a professional golf tournament last week, but then he reached the mixed-doubles semifinal with Stosur. His solution: Get an early tee time and then head to Melbourne Park. He shot a 79 but won his match.

47. Assuming the stats were right, Andy Ram and Jon Erlich lost to the Bryan brothers, 6-1, 4-6, 7-6 and did not commit a single unforced error in the match.

48. According to PublishersMarketplace.com, Roscoe Tanner and veteran writer Mike Yorkey have sold a book titled Double Fault to Triumph Books for publication next fall. It's described as "the story of the tennis star's incredible flameout, about how he deceived his family and friends and ended up broke and in jail."

49. You miss Ted Robison. You know you do.

50. I say this every year: If there is a more soulful, fan-friendly sporting event than the Australian Open, I haven't been to it.
__________________________________________________ _______________
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jon_wertheim/01/31/wertheim.aussiemail/index.html

Sharon
02-01-2005, 09:46 PM
J-Jo??!?! :o :o... could that name get any stupider :lol:
thanks for the article btw canuckchick!!

Sommarsverige
02-02-2005, 07:24 PM
J-Jo??!?! :o :o... could that name get any stupider :lol:
thanks for the article btw canuckchick!!

Yes, I totally agree with you, Sharon.
Sounds like J-Lo...

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Yes, I totally agree with you, Sharon.
Sounds like J-Lo...
i think that's what they were going for which is :retard:

Sharon
02-03-2005, 12:27 AM
yeah i mean... i thougth F-Lo would be the farthest wertheim would go... now J-Jo.ewwww wertheim is so :retard:

Canuck_Chick
02-03-2005, 03:09 PM
J-Jo...it's almost Jojo :rolleyes: all his nicknames are the same: take the first letter of the player's first name, add dash, and take first two letters of player's last name :o
(Joachim = J) + (-) + (Johansson = Jo) = J-Jo = lame nickname
we're onto him guys ;)

gogo_guga
02-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Eeeewwwww! JoJo, that's such a crap nickname for Joachim. I mean, seriously would you pronounce that YoYo????
I honestly don't think that Pim Pim would like that.

Sharon
02-03-2005, 11:06 PM
how about a way to solve all these stupid nicknames...
get rid of everthinh and just call him pimpim or pimpino for bjorkfish ;) :p :lol:

Pina
02-04-2005, 08:24 AM
yea, J-Jo and Jo-Jo are such stupid nicknames but his autograph in this pic really looks like JoJo or J-Jo...:scratch:
http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2005-02/1_618296_1.jpg

Pim Pim is the best nickname for him! :cool: Thanks to his brother :worship:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-04-2005, 02:41 PM
that autograph does look wierd, but in all the ones i've seen (including mine) it's just JJ. if that's an older autograph, maybe he's getting lazy in his "old age" :lol: probably started out as Joachim Johansson, and he probably dropped 1 or 2 letters a year (or tournament) he does have quite a long name after all! soon it will just be a squiggle on a page (like lightning :haha: )

Aleksa's Laydee
02-04-2005, 06:26 PM
how about a way to solve all these stupid nicknames...
get rid of everthinh and just call him pimpim or pimpino for bjorkfish ;) :p :lol:
:kiss:

Aleksa's Laydee
02-04-2005, 06:27 PM
hes atuo on my cap is odd too its like MM :haha:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-04-2005, 07:09 PM
MM, another candy name?!? he can make big bucks endorsing both pim pim and M&M's :lol:

Aleksa's Laydee
02-04-2005, 07:53 PM
:haha: :haha:

Sharon
02-04-2005, 10:10 PM
:haha: :rolls:

Sommarsverige
02-04-2005, 10:31 PM
:lol:

As long as he will still play tennis additional to his candy business, this would be okay for me... ;) I love candies!

Leonandy
02-05-2005, 12:17 AM

As long as he will still play tennis additional to his candy business, this would be okay for me... ;) I love candies!
:drool::haha::woohoo:
I suppose I am not a candy lover,but I'm sure I will buy that brand...:angel::devil:

Canuck_Chick
02-05-2005, 02:03 AM
MM, another candy name?!? he can make big bucks endorsing both pim pim and M&M's :lol:

:haha::haha: pim pim has a sweet tooth i see :)

Lucia
02-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Wow...this topic is totally giving me a stomach ache from laughing! :haha: *aaauucchhh* it really hurts!!

Lucia
02-05-2005, 04:05 PM
I just got this image in my head...imagine this: Joachim is playing a match...and when he sits down...you know during the break, he doesn't eat no banana but grabs for his huge bag of M&M's and eats a couple of hands full with a huge smile on his face like 'oh this tastes soooo goooood!' Just for commercial uses ofcourse... ;)

Aleksa's Laydee
02-05-2005, 04:07 PM

Sommarsverige
02-05-2005, 09:54 PM
You guys make me always laughing and especially this subject (Pim Pim and his many brands) is so funny!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-07-2005, 02:49 AM
haha!!! i just imagined pim pim wearing an M&M costume!! :haha:

Leonandy
02-07-2005, 02:52 AM
haha!!! i just imagined pim pim wearing an M&M costume!! :haha:
Awesome idea:haha:

Pina
02-07-2005, 05:49 AM
OMG this M&M costume :haha::haha::haha:

Canuck_Chick
02-07-2005, 07:41 PM
:haha::haha::haha: omg...he looks about ready to break out into song and dance hehehe

Sommarsverige
02-07-2005, 08:39 PM
:lol: :lol:

So funny, we should suggest it to him next time we see him..!

Sharon
02-07-2005, 09:40 PM
:haha: :haha: if we suggest that, he'll think we're crazy maniacs :lol:

Canuck_Chick
02-07-2005, 10:42 PM
:haha: :haha: if we suggest that, he'll think we're crazy maniacs :lol:
doesn't he already think that :scratch: ;)

Björki
02-14-2005, 11:07 AM
hope it wasn't posted yet.

Joachim Johansson: The Tennis-X Interview
By Richard Vach

Six-foot-six Swede Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson shot to prominence at the 2004 US Open, upsetting defending champion Andy Roddick in five sets in the quarterfinals before being halted by Lleyton Hewitt in the semis. Last year Johansson's ranking was not high enough for direct entry into any of the slams and he spent much of the time playing Challengers, but he qualified at the 2003 Australian and US Open, losing both times in the first round to American Mardy "Silver" Fish. Tennis-X caught up to Johansson at the Open, just days before he would face Roddick:

Tennis-X: What's your current status on the Swedish Davis Cup team? I know they've been working you in the last couple ties, what do you see for the next couple ties?

JJ: Hopefully the old guys are still going to be playing (laughing) , (Thomas) Johnasson is coming back right now, (Robin) Soderling, we've got (Thomas) Enqvist and (Jonas) Bjorkman who is a little bit older, hopefully they can keep playing, especially Bjorkman for the doubles. If he stops playing then the doubles team is going to get weaker. Me and Soderling are upcomers, I think it been working good for us because me and Robin played this year, and I was in the team last year, I played dead rubber against Australia as well. We've got (Andreas) Vinciguerra who is coming back soon, so we have three guys who are normally around the Top 50, even if the others guys quit we have a strong team.

Tennis-X: Was there any panic in Sweden when the older guys were approaching retirement age and there didn't seem to be any young players coming up? Because in the U.S. there is a great panic when it looks like the old stars are retiring and there isn't anyone on the horizon.

JJ: Yes, yes. Because I'm the same age as Roddick and Fish is one year older, I knew there was pressure because they were telling me and it was actually the same in Sweden. They were asking when the next guys were going to come and I was pretty high up in the juniors and the same with Soderling, so it was good, but apart from us there weren't that many guys, so they were hoping that apart from us some other guys would come up.

Tennis-X: We know where Pim-Pim came from because that's been talked about a lot, but is that your preferred nickname, are there any other nicknames?

JJ: That's about the only one I think. If your name's Joachim you get the nickname Jocke (pronounced "Jorka"), that's what I was called in school but in tennis everyone calls me Pim-Pim.

Tennis-X: And that came out of your family, right?

JJ: Yeah my brother said "You are Pim-Pim." So I've had it just about my whole life, sometimes I even introduce myself as Pim-Pim.

Tennis-X: For about four years it looked like you were struggling outside the Top 100, then your game kind of took off, is that because your serve developed more, or what do you attribute that to?

JJ: After I played juniors, when I turned 19 I had an injury in my wrist, I got injured in March 2001, then I played one tournament that year, then I started to play in February the year after. So in 11 months I played one tournament, so that held me up a lot. Then the year after I was struggling a lot because I was losing a lot of matches. Last year I started to play well, last year here I qualified (at the US Open) then I lost to Fish, after that I play well, I won a Futures, then I won or made finals in every Challenger I played for the rest of the year.

Tennis-X: What about the injuries now?

JJ: It's been good so far, this year. In Davis Cup I had some injuries in my back and shoulders because I played a lot at the beginning of the year, I played in Australia, in Memphis (his first title) then back for a few days and I played Indian Wells, Key Biscayne and Boca Raton (Davis Cup vs. the U.S.), that was a little too much for me. Because I played in October and November -- I played seven tournaments, I made final in all of them, then straight after that I didn't have any preparation season because I had three weeks in Australia, I went straight there because I was just trying to get into the Australian Open. I've always served pretty good, but I think it's more consistent now, I get a lot on my second serve, I think my return is getting better and better. Before I could always hold my serve but it was always tough to break them so they didn't feel the pressure, but I think now they start to feel the pressure more and more and I'm trying to develop it more and more.

Tennis-X: Well you must have developed it pretty well with (Swedish Davis Cup captain) Mats (Wilander) putting you in the Davis Cup doubles?

JJ: Yeah, so that was good for me.

Tennis-X: What about facing (potential brother-in-law) Lleyton Hewitt on tour for the first time?

JJ: Sydney this year, I lost to (Arnaud) Clement second round, I would have played him. Last week I thought there was a pretty good chance when I was up 5-4 against (Paradorn) Srichaphan, so...

Tennis-X: So you know where he is in the draw at tournaments?

JJ: Yeah (laughing).

Tennis-X: What would it be like, to play Lleyton?

JJ: I would enjoy it, the pressure's not on me (laughing). Obviously we both know how we're playing, he gets a lot of balls back. Normally I like to play guys who don't do much with the ball because my game is to be aggressive, but it would be tough against him...I would like to see it if I play him.

Tennis-X: Thanks Joachim.

Johansson got his wish a couple rounds later when he faced Hewitt in the US Open semifinals, with Hewitt's superior return-of-service skills seeing him to a straight-set win. Johansson was born in Lund, Sweden and has residence in Sodertalje, and also spends part of his year in Australia with girlfriend Jaslyn Hewitt.

Aleksa's Laydee
02-14-2005, 02:54 PM
aaw nice one!!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-14-2005, 03:05 PM
good interview! thanks!

Sommarsverige
02-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Thanks Peggy :)

I had to laugh a lot where he said he sometimes introduces himself as Pim Pim. I was thinking about how this situation could be :lol:

Kristen
02-19-2005, 12:27 AM
Johansson looks like the next great Swede
By Scott Riley, Tennis Editor

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Sweden may finally have found its next great tennis star -- in the form of rapidly-rising Joachim Johansson.

The 6-foot-6 bomber is fresh off his second title of the year, which came indoors at the Open 13 event in Marseille last week. "Pim-Pim" already owned an '05 title from an Australian Open tune-up in Adelaide in the second week of January.

With only three career championships to his credit thus far, it's hard to lump Johansson in with Sweden's former greats/Grand Slam champions Bjorn Borg, Mats Wilander and Stefan Edberg, but the 22-year-old from Lund is starting to show his potential. Johansson was born in Lund, but spent all of his childhood in Sodertalje, the same hometown as the legendary, 11-time major titlist Borg.

By the way, Johansson's father Leif was a former Davis Cup player for Sweden and a teammate of the legendary Borg in 1974.

Joachim Johansson got the attention of the tennis world last year when he stunned American superstar Andy Roddick in the quarterfinals at the U.S. Open, where Roddick had been the defending champion. The great Wilander all but predicted the surprising outcome before the match. Unfortunately for Johansson, he gave way to former world No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt in the semis at Flushing Meadows.

The towering Johansson is an exciting player to watch, with a massive serve and an equally-as-massive forehand. He's already captured two of his five tournaments this season and made a run into the fourth round at the Aussie Open, where he succumbed to another former No. 1, the ageless Andre Agassi.

Johansson has won 15 of his 18 matches in the early part of 2005, including a six-match win streak to open his campaign, and has already pocketed more than $200,000 thanks to his hardcourt prowess (all three of his career titles are on hardcourts, with the other coming in Memphis last year). He prefers and excels on indoor hard surfaces in particular.

By the way, Johansson is not related to former Aussie Open champ Thomas Johansson, but, unfortunately, did lose to his countryman in a second-round match in Rotterdam this week. Thomas Johansson captured Sweden's last Grand Slam title with a big victory at the 2002 Australian Open, which marked the first major win by a Swede since the gentleman Edberg titled at the 1992 U.S. Open.

Joachim Johansson's stellar performance currently has him fifth in the 2005 ATP Race and ninth in the official world rankings. His victory in Marseille propelled him into the top 10 for the first time in his blossoming career.

He finished 2004 as the top player in Sweden for the first time in his career and jumped 101 ranking positions to do so.

I wouldn't expect Johansson to be a big threat at the clay-court French Open, but he'll certainly be among the favorites at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open later this year. He's 0-1 lifetime at Roland Garros, while going an impressive 8-3 in his combined appearances on the quick surfaces at Wimby and Flushing.

Sommarsverige
04-01-2005, 10:49 AM
I just read in a Swedish paper that Pim Pim has been in Sweden for some days after Miami and that he will now fly to Monte Carlo to prepare for the claycourt season ;)

Just wanted to let you know this... I am very excited to see how his results on clay will be this year.

midsommardagen
06-05-2005, 09:49 AM
from ATP website
http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2005-06/5_986966_1.jpg

Johansson Boys Put Mercedes-Benz G-Class to the Test

It seems that Joachim Johansson drives in a similar manner to the way he serves – fast and furious. Well, at least when he’s negotiating the ‘lunar landscape’ of the open cut brown coalfield, Garzweiler 1, in Duesseldorf, Germany.

Johansson relished taking control of the Mercedes-Benz G-Class 400 CDI during a day off at the recent ARAG World Team Cup. Kudos to Pim Pim for the hang time on this smash! Yes, that's really him behind the wheel (see photo, below).

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2005-06/5_986966_2.jpg

After a drive in an open-top Mercedes-Benz SLK 200 Compressor over the motorway from the Rhine-Ruhr Mercedes-Benz dealership to Jackerath, Johansson and fellow Swede Thomas Johansson switched to G-Class vehicles in order to master wild, challenging terrain. “It was an incredible experience, like a rally," said 22-year-old Joachim Johansson, who drove a G-Class 400 CDI (KW/HP 184/250) through the difficult territory with sand dunes and steep descents. The current No. 13 on the INDESIT ATP Entry Ranking took almost one-and-a-half hours to try new tracks again and again in the coalfield.

http://www.atptennis.com/shared/photos/other/mb6.jpg

His more reserved namesake, Thomas Johansson, opted to allow Mercedes experts drive him in a G 270 CDI (KW/HP 115/156): “It was great fun,” enthused the former Australian Open champion, who has just returned to the Top 20 in the INDESIT ATP Entry Ranking.

The two Swedes also made an informative visit to one of the world's largest bucket-wheel excavators in the 66 square kilometer mining field. The gigantic apparatus – as heavy as the bridge over the Rhine – mines up to 200,000 cubic metres of brown coal daily in several shifts. The size of the excavator - 212m long, 74m high and a bucket-wheel radius of 21.6m - impressed the players. But Joachim Johansson admitted: “However, I’d rather do a few more laps in the G-Class than in that slow giant.”

margaret_gn
06-05-2005, 09:58 AM
thanks for the article pina, i think it was posted before but without the pics :) they're so cute... esp in the first pic, pimpim and the green helmet thing :drool:

enqvistsangel
06-05-2005, 09:09 PM
There is an article in Swedish with a pic in SVD:

http://www.svd.se/dynamiskt/sport/did_9837589.asp (http://)

midsommardagen
06-06-2005, 05:15 AM
thanks for the article pina, i think it was posted before but without the pics :) they're so cute... esp in the first pic, pimpim and the green helmet thing :drool:

my pleasure. it's from ATP website, and I LOVE the Pim & ToJo photo. they seem to be very close.

enqvistsangel,thanks for the link but I can't open it. :confused: could you post the pic here?

Kat!
06-06-2005, 11:32 AM
I think you need to copy & paste the link to the browser.... cute photo!

http://www.svd.se/images/ettan2005/050530/pimpim339.jpg

jmgsdoubsprtnr
06-06-2005, 03:24 PM
who's that guy he's with? :scratch: another up-coming swedish tennis player?

midsommardagen
06-07-2005, 12:43 PM
and where they were?:scratch:
BTW, Mr.mystery is cute :drool:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
06-07-2005, 02:08 PM
BTW, Mr.mystery is cute :drool:
agreed. lets hope he is an up-and-comer. ;)

Sommarsverige
06-29-2005, 09:20 AM
http://www.expressen.se/content/1/c6/30/74/52/8992b78f.jpg
I förra veckan lämnade Joachim Johansson Wimbledon med tunga steg. Dagarna efter kom ännu ett chockbesked för "Pim-Pim" - tränaren lämnar honom.

Chockbesked för "Pim-Pim" Johansson
Joachim Johansson åkte ut ur i Wimbledon.
Nu förlorar han sin tränaren också.
I lördags bröt Fredrik Rosengren samarbetet med "Pim-Pim".
- Vi har olika värderingar, säger han.

if (!(mac && is_ie)){ document.write(''); document.write(' '); document.write(' /shared/images/ikoner/ikon_textstorlek.gif
'); document.write(' Textstorlek '); document.write(' A (javascript:changeSize(70);)
'); document.write(' <div id="sizeButtonTwo" style="margin-right: 3; height: 16px; width: 16px; text-align: center;" class="button" onmouseover="hoverMe(this);" onmouseout="hoverMe(this);" onclick="selectMe(this);javascript:changeSize(85);">B (javascript:changeSize(85);)'); document.write(' <div id="sizeButtonThree" style="margin-right: 3; height: 16px; width: 16px; text-align: center;" class="button" onmouseover="hoverMe(this);" onmouseout="hoverMe(this);" onclick="selectMe(this);javascript:changeSize(100);">C (javascript:changeSize(100);)'); document.write(' '); document.write(' '); } http://www.expressen.se/shared/images/ikoner/ikon_textstorlek.gif
Textstorlek A (javascript:changeSize(70);)
B (javascript:changeSize(85);)
C (javascript:changeSize(100);)
if (window.external){ document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write('/shared/images/ikoner/ikon_favorit.gif
'); document.write(''); document.write('Spara som Favorit
(javascript:addToFavorites();)'); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); } http://www.expressen.se/shared/images/ikoner/ikon_favorit.gif
Spara som Favorit
(javascript:addToFavorites();)http://www.expressen.se/shared/images/ikoner/ikon_utskrift.gif
Skriv ut
(javascript:PopWin('/index.jsp?a=307447&d=452&print=yes','expressen','600','800','1','0','1','1' ,'1','0');)

CM8ShowAd("rektangel_ovre") Annons:

Beskedet slog ned som en bomb i tennis-Sverige i dag.
Redan efter sex månader väljer Fredrik Rosengren att hoppa av sitt uppdrag som tränare för världstolvan Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson.
- Det har inte känts bra. Jag måste känna glädje i mitt jobb, säger han till Smålandsposten.
Trots att "Pim-Pim" klättrat på världsrankingen och vunnit turneringar i både Adelaide och Marseille känns avhoppet naturligt, menar Rosengren.
- Att jag skulle sluta med "Pim-Pim" har mognat fram. Vi har olika värderingar, säger han.
Rosengren har tidigare coachat rutinerade stjärnor som Jan Gunnarsson, Jonas Björkman och Magnus Norman med stor framgång.
Men med "Pim-Pim", 23, skar det sig tidigt.
- Kanske var åldersskillnaden mellan mig som coach och min spelare för stor, säger Rosengren.

"Måste känna glädjen"
Under våren har "Pim-Pim" besvärats av skador och spelet knackat, men Rosengren tror på en stor framtid för kanonservaren från Södertälje.
- Jag har sett få spelare som har såna förutsättningar att bli bra på tennis som Joachim, men funkar det inte så kan jag inte träna honom, säger han.
Rosengren tar nu ledigt från tennisen men uppger ändå att nya spelare kan vara på gång.
- Men då måste jag känna glädjen i mitt jobba.

This article is about that Pim Pim has stopped working with his coach Fredrik Rosengren :sad:
I can translate it this eve, but the main points are that Pim Pim and Fidde had different thoughts....
Hope Pim Pim will find a new coach soon.

midsommardagen
06-29-2005, 10:27 AM
oh ,wish I could read Swedish! what are you thinking Pim Pim? :smash:

Sommarsverige
06-29-2005, 08:13 PM
Here comes a short translation:

Pim Pim and his coach have different opinions of the game and the pracice, so this is why Fidde stopped the work with Pim Pim. But Pim Pim said if Fidde would not have cancelled the job, he would have done it.

Pim Pim will now play an exhibition match with Moya and Rafa on Mallorca before he goes to Båstad. Pim Pim will be in Båstad alone (without coach), but he hopes to find a new coach very soon.

The last part was not in this interview, but I read it in another one.
So hopefully Pim Pim will fix it alone :) Lycka till Pim :hug:

midsommardagen
06-30-2005, 02:39 AM
well, so technically Fidde still is his coach? :scratch:

Thanks for your translation Birte!:hug:
Hopefully pim will find a new coach soon, and hopefully this one will help him more.

Kristen
07-01-2005, 02:00 PM
From San Francisco Chronicle:
COACHING CHANGES:@ Both Mario Ancic and Joachim Johansson split from their coaches.

Ancic, who reached the semifinals at Wimbledon last year but lost in the fourth round this year, is ranked 17th. He won his first ATP title at the Ordina Open earlier this month.

His coach, Rohan Goetzke, said he wanted to spend more time with his family.

The 10th-ranked Johansson, who lost in the third round at Wimbledon, split with coach Fredrik Rosengren.
WTF is my husband doing!? He can't maintain relationships with my favourite players! :p I'm sure this news will be mentioned in the ATP Insider report which will be on the ATP site soon :)

_pyromatic
07-11-2005, 02:04 AM
I don't know where to put this or if ya'll already know about it, but they have some videos of Joachim at this site (http://svt.se/svt/road/Classic/shared/mediacenter/index.jsp?d=22046&a=419417). They're all in Swedish but they're still good. And Pim Pim speaking swedish is really adorable :hug:

Kristen
07-20-2005, 05:20 AM
Well then, my itinerary is settled!?
http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,15989484%255E12428,00.html
Stars lured for Hardcourt title
20jul05
DEFENDING champion Joachim Johansson will be back while Lleyton Hewitt and world No. 1 Roger Federer are considering offers to play the Australian Men's Hardcourt Championships in Adelaide in January.

Federer and Hewitt, who reached the quarter finals in his hometown in January, are unlikely to give an answer until at least October but both have strong links with Adelaide.

World No. 2 Hewitt's connection is clear while Federer lived and trained in Adelaide as a junior under South Australian Peter Carter, who died in a car accident in South Africa in 2002.

Tournament co-director, Adelaide's 17-times Grand Slam doubles champion Mark Woodforde, has made several contacts with Federer's organisers and now it's a matter of waiting to see if Adelaide fits into the Swiss supremo's plans for the start the 2006 season.

"He hasn't said yes, he hasn't said no," Woodforde said in Adelaide yesterday. "Like most top players, Roger would work out his program (of events) in the second half of this year, probably September or October.

"He knows of this tournament and his coach Tony Roche, being a Sydney boy, understands the importance of coming down here to prepare before the Australian Open."

Memorial Drive's Rebound Ace courts are prepared to perfectly reflect conditions at Melbourne Park and facilities at the nearby Next Generation complex are world-class.

"While we already have wonderful players coming we want the top-four players here," Woodforde said. "It would be wonderful to have Federer, Hewitt, (Marat) Safin and Andy Roddick.

"Marat (Safin) is aware of the tourament but it looks like he is leaning towards spending more time in Russia."

Kat!
07-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Well then, my itinerary is settled!?
http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,15989484%255E12428,00.html

:eek: maybe I should book earlier this time.........!

Deboogle!.
07-21-2005, 03:31 PM
Hi Guys :wavey:

PimPim pulled out of LA next week - does anyone know why? :(

Sommarsverige
07-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Hi Guys :wavey:

PimPim pulled out of LA next week - does anyone know why? :(

Debstah, thanks for the update :hug:

I have no idea why he pulled out of LA??? I haven´t heard anything about an injury or so.
Hopefully he will be back the week after LA then

Sharon
07-21-2005, 07:26 PM
thanks for the update debstah... :scratch: no clue why he isnt playing tho

Sommarsverige
07-21-2005, 08:15 PM
I think it is a bit strange cos Thomas has also withdrawn...
Would be interesting to know what they are doing instead of playing LA??? ;)

Francine
07-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Lying on the beach in Monte Carlo and I don't blame them ;)

Deboogle!.
07-21-2005, 11:54 PM
:( I was looking forward to seeing them both next week :(

Sharon
07-22-2005, 01:43 AM
:lol: francine

debstah, you r so lucky to be going to LA... hope u have fun, im sure you have lots more players you wanna see :)

Aleksa's Laydee
07-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Johanssons :rolleyes:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
07-22-2005, 05:56 PM
there's a page about "the johanssons" in the new deuce mag! cute.

Aleksa's Laydee
07-22-2005, 08:31 PM
ooh scan it in please!!! :kiss:

Kat!
07-23-2005, 06:26 AM
You can find the scan here: ;)
http://joachimjohansson.org/visual/thumbnails.php?album=61

midsommardagen
07-23-2005, 08:45 AM
thanks Kat!
That's a very good article about two Johansson.:yeah:

Sommarsverige
07-23-2005, 02:05 PM
Thanks Kat :hug:

star
07-25-2005, 01:23 AM
Tak tak, Kat. :)

Aphex
09-05-2005, 07:35 AM
Sorry if this info/gossip has already been posted. And I don't know if it's 100% true.
http://www.svd.se/dynamiskt/sport/did_10401209.asp

"...Han trivs med tillvaron trots det långa påtvingade uppehållet och trots att han nyligen brutit upp från ett fem och ett halvt år långt förhållande med Lleyton Hewitts lillasyster Jaslyn.
- Det är en månad sedan vi gjorde slut och visst känns det annorlunda, vi var ju så unga då vi träffades och ja..., det är ovant att vara singel, säger "Pim-Pim" som är på några dagars Sverigebesök.
..."

He enjoys life despite his long forced break from tennis and despite his break-up from his 5 and a half year relationship with Lleyton Hewitt's little sister Jaslyn.
-It's been one month since the break-up and it sure feels different, we were so young when we met and yes..., I'm not used to being single, says "Pim-Pim" visiting Sweden a couple of days.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,694304,00.html
Above article is about Pim-pim's romance with Swedish 100m hurdles runner Jenny Kallur.
:wavey:

Kristen
09-05-2005, 07:40 AM
:speakles:

Björki
09-05-2005, 07:44 AM
:eek:

here is a photo: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sport/0509/05/pim.jpg

Sommarsverige
09-05-2005, 07:55 AM
Cool :cool: For me this is very great news :)

I like both Jenny and Susanna Kallur a lot ;)

Kat!
09-05-2005, 10:15 AM
OMG.....!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jenny Kallur....!! I knew I've heard that name before......... Kristen >>> cookie!

margaret_gn
09-05-2005, 10:54 AM
:sad: poor Jaslyn... but jenny looks quite ok too i suppose...

Mihret
09-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Hey, when did all this happen? Are you sure they've broken up? They were such a cute couple.

Kristen
09-05-2005, 11:18 AM
OMG.....!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jenny Kallur....!! I knew I've heard that name before......... Kristen >>> cookie!
Were they an item before? I am clueless! :eek:
Or...does she like to eat cookies? She's obviously moved on to Swedish candy. mmmm.....

Sommarsverige
09-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Hey, when did all this happen? Are you sure they've broken up? They were such a cute couple.

In the interview posted here Pim Pim said they broke up one month ago

midsommardagen
09-05-2005, 01:39 PM
What?? a month ago? when Pim had the surgery??:eek::eek: What happened between him and Jaslyn?

:scared: OMG. :scared:

Is Pim dating Jenny Kallur right now??? I need a Swedish-English dictionary.

Aphex
09-05-2005, 02:18 PM
The first article, the one about the break up, is from the weeks before US Open. It's probably true since the journalist is one of the most respected tennis writer in Sweden and he knows all top Swedish tennis players very well.

The other article, the gossip on the Pim-Pim-Jenny Kallur romance, could be a rumour since it's from the largest Swedish tabloid.

star
09-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Too bad for Australia -- No more Aussie Kim or Pim. :sad:

But, anyway, it was to be expected. They were very young when they got together. I think Pim will do just fine. I hope Jaslyn finds someone else as good as Pim, but that will be hard to do.

I think some Swedish cutie will snap up Pim right away while he rehabs in Sweden. :)

Sharon
09-06-2005, 12:36 AM
:eek: wow... i never expected that to happen...:sad: tho i had been wondering why jaslyns been traveling w/ the rest of the hewitt clan for awhile now

foolish pleasure
09-06-2005, 03:30 AM
thanks so much for the articles aphex.

here is the tabloid story babefished:
” Pim-Pim "+Kallur=genuine
The is sport Sweden's lateliest pairs

Joachim “Pim-Pim” Johansson+Jenny Kallur=genuine.
Tennis- och the track and field star is afterward a time back a pair.
- the shows their eroticism open, orders an informant Sportbladet.

Jenny Kallur
Uppvuxen: Falun.
Bigliest qualifications: JVM-brons on 4X100 metres 2000. Silver on 60 metres hedge in in EM-2005. Sexa in WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS on 100 metres hedge.

Joachim Johansson
Uppvuxen: Södertälje.
Bigliest qualifications: Two ATP-titlar. Semifinal in US Open 2004.
Inspelade pinch money: 9,7 millions sek.

Yesterday, Jenny ran Kallur 100 metres hedge at Golden League-tävlingarna in Berlin and on the platform sat the tennis player Joachim “Pim-Pim” Johansson and the followed travel with interests.
According to information to Sportbladet has the both the sport stars found each other.
- the goes about hand in hand and the is no hesitation about that the is a pair. Already during the Annual Finno-Swedish Track Meet in Gothenburg sat “Pim-Pim” on the platform and followed Jenny, says the informant.

Does not want to to comment on
- the is awkward that not this has come forward early.
The sport blade spoke yesterday with Jenny Kallurs agent Daniel Wessfeldt, but he wants to comment on their relationship.
- I during all my years as agent has had a policy to not make a commitment to on my clients' private lives. I understand and respects that you ask, but this sheep Jenny to develop alone, about she wants to, says Daniel Wessfeldt.
- sows I want to neither to confirm or to deny something. I hope you respect the.
Jenny Kallur had a heavy day on löparbanan in Berlin. VM-finalisten ran on moderate 13,30 and where far after. The twin sister Susanna Kallur klockades for 12,94 and became sexa. Won done Brigitte Foster-Hylton, Jamaica.

Tough programmes
Perhaps each sisters Kallurs some weak results a consequence of that the had extremelily tough programmes in the Annual Finno-Swedish Track Meet.
The sport blade applied for during the whole yesterdays Jenny Kallur for a comment, without success.
- I submit a message, something else can I not to do, says the agent Daniel Wessfeldt.

foolish pleasure
09-06-2005, 03:50 AM
here's the other article bablefished

and fystränaren Daniel Hedin helps Joachim Johansson on the hard road back to arenorne after the operation.

Slitvarg on road back

On Monday is initiated US Open - without the last year's semifinalist Joachim “Pim-Pim” Johansson. Bitter of course? - no, I see this in front as an investment, says “Pim-Pim” about the arbor operation and the eight months long detained.

SvD strikes him and fystränaren Daniel Hedin on Bosön there “Pim-Pim” during a just over hour shows up an entire other side than the we farm to see of him on banana, where he not done himself well-known as a slitvarg.
But here in gymmet toils he evil and makes face of effort then Daniel lugnt encourageing sheep him to press itself additional.

- one sheep search after tennis player that accustoms hardly. “Pim-Pim” is extremelily training willing and drives equally hårt as hockeylirarna, says Daniel concurrent as “Pim-Pim” except ear-shots lines up before the photographer bear Larsson box's camera.
The thought is that on an entire body picture all sensible damages the 23-årige kanonservaren had, but “Pim-Pim” lets itself not inheriting alder carcases to pose in only the underwear.
- I have become offered money in order to line up on naked pictures but sa nej - då also, says he and laughs.

He enjoys with the life despite the long påtvingade detained and despite that he recently broken up from a five and a half year far förhålla with Lleyton Hewitts lillasyster Jaslyn.
- the is a month since we done ends and certain feels the individual, we where of course so young then we met and yes…, the is ovant to be single, says “Pim-Pim” that is on some days' Sverigebesök.
- I enjoy in Monte Carlo and now when I go injured comes buddies there sometime, we go up little or at the cinema and since I choir rehab five sex days in the week are the entirely up.

Joachim Johansson has an off the world's hardliest services and huge force in all kinds, but his body has not been strong enough pursues that playing and the damages has replaced each other.
- the physics has been my weak link, I knows the. But precisely therefore becomes these months good since I will increase myself a level. I ensure what I can to achieve instead of to what I go lost about.

He had time to play 14 turneringar before the arbor damage set halts and is with two titles (Adelaide and Marseille) fifth most victoriousliest players this year.

To how many turneringar came you entire without damage inconveniences?
- two, Marseille and Rotterdam. Plus the first game in Adeleide, but after the (the season's first game, SvD: s remark) had I so evil in the arbor that I did not know if I willed can to continue turneringen. Already then, I anticipated that the willed not hold the whole season.

Why played you nevertheless on so long?
- one hopes of course. I tried to hold back and not accustomed service an only time on a half-year but the not helped. To ends, one gets tired on going aroundly and torska in order to one cannot do it right.
- but I do not want to to explain away myself and apart from this with the arbor and the wrist has I not had any bigger gadgets through the years and is enough not more damaged than most other.

So, the safe and the picture of a hard is accustoming “Pim-Pim” is no shock example, without tells more about the the general health condition in a sport as become physicallily requiring in a so fast rat that the players not hung with.

this article must have been writen in much better swedish because it bablefished much less coherently than the tabloid (which always seems to be the case).

i choose to believe pim's been hanging out with marat and marat's injured knee in monte carlo...fun image--pim and marat chilling at the monte carlo movie plex! :aplot: (much more preferable than picturing him hanging out at track meets with the hurdler...) ;)

for pim's sake, i hope jaslyn broke up with him and that he didn't dump her for the hurdler...papa hewitt frightens me... :bolt: :scared: :bolt: ;)

Mihret
09-06-2005, 07:45 AM
Thanks a million Aphex and Foolish pleasure.

safdem
09-06-2005, 08:40 AM
joachim broke up with jasllyn?????????? :eek:

Sommarsverige
09-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Here´s a new gossip article about Pim Pim and Jenny from Expressen

KÄRA. Tennisproffset Joachim Johansson, 24, har följt med när friidrottsstjärnan Jenny Kallur, 23, tävlat. Här under Finnkampen i början av augusti fångades paret på bild.

Första bilden på nya idrottsparet
Här är bilden på Sveriges senaste idrottspar.
Häckstjärnan Jenny Kallur och tennisstjärnan Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson - fotograferade tillsammans under Finnkampen.
- Av princip så kommenterar jag inte mitt privatliv, säger Jenny Kallur till SPORT-Expressen.

Förhållandet är, enligt uppgifter till SPORT-Expressen, väldigt nytt. Det är bara några veckor sedan de träffades.
Men sedan har de mötts flera gånger.
Bland annat var Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson i Göteborg när Finnkampen i friidrott avgjordes för drygt en vecka sedan.
Det var då bilden på de två togs.
Under de två dagarna hade Jenny ett mycket hektiskt program, då hon tillsammans med tvillingsystern Susanna ställde upp i hela fyra grenar.

Följde med till Berlin
I helgen tävlade Jenny Kallur på 100 meter häck vid Golden League-tävlingen i Berlin. Även då fanns "Pim-Pim" på plats.
Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson var under flera år tillsammans med tennisstjärnan Lleyton Hewitts syster Jaslyn - ett uppmärksammat förhållande som tog slut tidigare i somras.
På grund av en skada, "Pim-Pim" opererade axeln för en dryg månad sedan, blir det inget tennisspel förrän tidigast nästa vår. I stället ägnar han sig nu åt rehabträning för att bygga upp kroppen igen.

Tycker om tennis
Jenny Kallur har varit singel sedan i vintras. Då tog hennes förhållande med stavhopparen Fredrik Skoglund slut. Hon är tennisintresserad och spelar ofta mot tvillingsystern Sanna.
SPORT-Expressen talade i går med Jenny Kallur. Vänligt men bestämt berättade hon att hon inte ville kommentera sitt privatliv.
- Jag har aldrig pratat om mitt privatliv och tänker hålla fast vid det.
SPORT-Expressen sökte även Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson för en kommentar, men han avböjde.

I can translate it tomorrow eve, but it is not including any news about Jenny and Pim Pim. They are both not answering any questions about the relationship.

foolish pleasure
09-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Here´s a new gossip article about Pim Pim and Jenny from Expressen

KÄRA. Tennisproffset Joachim Johansson, 24, har följt med när friidrottsstjärnan Jenny Kallur, 23, tävlat. Här under Finnkampen i början av augusti fångades paret på bild.

Första bilden på nya idrottsparet
Här är bilden på Sveriges senaste idrottspar.
Häckstjärnan Jenny Kallur och tennisstjärnan Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson - fotograferade tillsammans under Finnkampen.
- Av princip så kommenterar jag inte mitt privatliv, säger Jenny Kallur till SPORT-Expressen.

Förhållandet är, enligt uppgifter till SPORT-Expressen, väldigt nytt. Det är bara några veckor sedan de träffades.
Men sedan har de mötts flera gånger.
Bland annat var Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson i Göteborg när Finnkampen i friidrott avgjordes för drygt en vecka sedan.
Det var då bilden på de två togs.
Under de två dagarna hade Jenny ett mycket hektiskt program, då hon tillsammans med tvillingsystern Susanna ställde upp i hela fyra grenar.

Följde med till Berlin
I helgen tävlade Jenny Kallur på 100 meter häck vid Golden League-tävlingen i Berlin. Även då fanns "Pim-Pim" på plats.
Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson var under flera år tillsammans med tennisstjärnan Lleyton Hewitts syster Jaslyn - ett uppmärksammat förhållande som tog slut tidigare i somras.
På grund av en skada, "Pim-Pim" opererade axeln för en dryg månad sedan, blir det inget tennisspel förrän tidigast nästa vår. I stället ägnar han sig nu åt rehabträning för att bygga upp kroppen igen.

Tycker om tennis
Jenny Kallur har varit singel sedan i vintras. Då tog hennes förhållande med stavhopparen Fredrik Skoglund slut. Hon är tennisintresserad och spelar ofta mot tvillingsystern Sanna.
SPORT-Expressen talade i går med Jenny Kallur. Vänligt men bestämt berättade hon att hon inte ville kommentera sitt privatliv.
- Jag har aldrig pratat om mitt privatliv och tänker hålla fast vid det.
SPORT-Expressen sökte även Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson för en kommentar, men han avböjde.

I can translate it tomorrow eve, but it is not including any news about Jenny and Pim Pim. They are both not answering any questions about the relationship.

IN LOVE. The tennis pro Joachim Johansson, 24, has followed with when the track and field star Jenny Kallur, 23, tävla. Here during the Annual Finno-Swedish Track Meet at the start of August, the pair was caught on picture.

The first picture on the new sport pair
Here, the picture is on Sweden's lateliest sport pairs.
The hedge star Jenny Kallur and the tennis star Joachim “Pim-Pim” Johansson - fotograferade together during the Annual Finno-Swedish Track Meet.
- of principle so comments on I not my private life, says Jenny Kallur to SPORT-Expressen.

The relation is, according to information to SPORT-Expressen, very new. The is only some weeks since the met.
But since has the met several aisles.
Among other thing each Joachim “Pim-Pim” Johansson in Gothenburg when the Annual Finno-Swedish Track Meet in track and field was decided for just overlily a week since.
The each then the picture on the two was taken.
During the two days, Jenny had an a lot of hectic programmes, then she along with the twin sister Susanna lined up in the whole four areas.

Followed with to Berlin
In the weekend, Jenny tävla Kallur on 100 metres hedge at Golden League-tävlingen in Berlin. Also then existed “Pim-Pim” on-the-spot.
Joachim “Pim-Pim” Johansson each during several years along with the tennis star Lleyton Hewitts sister Jaslyn - a noticed förhålla as took up early last summer.
Because of a damage, “Pim-Pim” operated the arbor for a just over month since, becomes the no tennis playing before earliest next our. Instead, he devotes itself now to rehabträning in order to build up the body again.

Likes tennis
Jenny Kallur has been single since last winter. Then, her relation with spelling jumping clean Fredrik took Skoglund finished. She is tennis interested and plays often against the twin sister genuine.
SPORT-Expressen spoke yesterday with Jenny Kallur. Kind but certain told she that she do not wanted to comment on her private life.
- I has never spoken about my private life and intends to hold thoughly at the.
SPORT-Expressen applied for also Joachim “Pim-Pim” Johansson for a comment, but he deflected.

sommarsveirge, i hope you don't mind that i posted the bablefish of your article (i promise that i'm not trying to steal your sunshine--since i had already bablefished it for myself it was just quick and easy to cut and paste for everyone else)--many thanks for the article. :hug:

midsommardagen
09-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Thank you so much foolish pleasure! Did you use software to translate those articles? and :hug: to Birte too.

I hope that Pim didn't dump Jaslyn; I don't like seeing a guy dumping his girlfriend for another woman. :o

Where can I find those pictures the article mentioned?

Sommarsverige
09-06-2005, 01:58 PM
sommarsveirge, i hope you don't mind that i posted the bablefish of your article (i promise that i'm not trying to steal your sunshine--since i had already bablefished it for myself it was just quick and easy to cut and paste for everyone else)--many thanks for the article. :hug:

Thanks foolish pleasure, I am glad you translated it :hug: I wouldn´t have had much time for it anyway...What kind of programme is it you use?
I wouldn´t need it for Swedish translations, but for spanish-german....

Pina, here is the photo to the article....

Kristen
09-06-2005, 02:03 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=62795
LMAO! When I first saw the thumbnail, I thought it was a schoolkid or something :) At least she has short, healthy looking hair and...if it's all true...maybe she can bestow some grooming techniques on him. *quickly leaves before the pro-pimpim-hair brigade arrives ;)* :bolt:

Kat!
09-06-2005, 02:11 PM
LMAO! When I first saw the thumbnail, I thought it was a schoolkid or something :) At least she has short, healthy looking hair and...if it's all true...maybe she can bestow some grooming techniques on him. *quickly leaves before the pro-pimpim-hair brigade arrives ;)* :bolt:

well............ the brigade isn't here yet! :eek: in any case, whether this is true or not, will miss "Aussie" Pim!!! :tape:

midsommardagen
09-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Thanks Birte! :hug:
Ok, they were just talking in this photo. They didn't even stand close. It's more like Pim was saying "excuse me, do you know where I can find a barber?" and she was thinking "oh, yes you so need one right now." :lol:

foolish pleasure
09-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Thank you so much foolish pleasure! Did you use software to translate those articles?

you're most welcome :hug:

i use systran--it's web based like bablefish but seems to have every language under the sun--when i get back to my own computer, i'll post the link (i have it saved as a favorite, so i can never remember what it is without the link myself...)

ps: :rolls: at your avatar--how old is pim in it?! he looks about 12 but he's probably 19!

cindygermanier
09-06-2005, 05:52 PM
It would seem that he benefits from his rest forced to remake his life with his girl friend news, Jenny Kallur.
http://www.friidrott.se/bilder/870.jpg
It is a Swedish manhunter of the 2 years 100m older than him.

foolish pleasure
09-07-2005, 02:03 AM
Thanks foolish pleasure, I am glad you translated it :hug: I wouldn´t have had much time for it anyway...What kind of programme is it you use?
I wouldn´t need it for Swedish translations, but for spanish-german....

Pina, here is the photo to the article....

here's the systran website address: http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box

and (hopefully) a link (assuming i've done it correctly and haven't messed it up):translation site (http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box)

glad you weren't mad at me! :wavey:

foolish pleasure
09-07-2005, 02:23 AM
this has nothing to do with anything but i recently heard pim say tojo's name and pim pronounced "johansson:" joe-han-son, not yo-han-son or you-han-son, but just like it looks like it ought to be pronounced in english, with a "j" sound.

listen here:pim pim speaks (http://joachimjohansson.org/audio.php) (scroll down to open 13 and select 02.08)

so is he a yo-ah-chim yo-han-son or a you-ah-chim you-han-son or a joe-ah-chim joe-han-son? :confused:

midsommardagen
09-07-2005, 12:23 PM
ps: :haha: at your avatar--how old is pim in it?! he looks about 12 but he's probably 19!

I have no idea.:lol: I love Pim's look-like-12 photos!

Thank for the link.:hug:feels like I can explore a new territory now. :devil:

BTW, I think that's you-ah-chim you-han-son.At least that's how his name is called in Sweden. :rolleyes:

foolish pleasure
09-24-2005, 09:53 PM
BTW, I think that's you-ah-chim you-han-son.At least that's how his name is called in Sweden. :rolleyes:

ya, i was thinking it was YOU-ah-kim YOU-han-son, even though the announcers here all say YO-ah-chim YO-han-son...or at least they did when he was still around to be mentioned :crying2:...

midsommardagen
10-04-2005, 05:01 AM
it's you-ah-kim, he called himself so in the new atp video. :D

it's been a while since last post in this forum so I guess I have to say something...i read an article in GM mentioned Pim Pim and Robin, I know it's not totally pimpim news but like I said, had to make a post.:p :p

here's the link
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=54811&page=2

foolish pleasure
10-05-2005, 04:15 AM
Free Sample Romantic Compatibility Reading for joachim & robin

Birth Data for joachim:
Birth Date................... July 1, 1982
Birth Location............. Lund, Sweden

Birth Data for robin:
Birth Date................... August 14, 1984
Birth Location............. Tibro, Sweden

Your Sample Reading: Help | Glossary

joachim's Sun Trine robin's Saturn:

If the two of you depend on each other to accomplish practical tasks and be responsible, mature, and dependable to each other (such as in a business relationship or employer-employee relationship), then you will find that this aspect of your relationship is excellent. You can trust each other to get the job done and focus on the essential tasks. You have good attention to detail and your are able to focus on the most important issues when you work together. :devil: There is a strong sense of mutual commitment and dedication to each other. :devil:

joachim's Sun Sextile robin's Venus:

Yours is a congenial and enjoyable relationship, for :devil: you both appreciate and like one another :devil: . You also share a similarity in tastes and enjoyment of leisure activities and pleasures

Kristen
10-05-2005, 07:25 AM
:haha: Nice work!!!
Poor PimPim, he has the craziest fans, with us lot :lol: :yeah:

midsommardagen
10-07-2005, 04:48 AM
:lol::lol:

Poor PimPim, he has the craziest fans, with us lot :lol: :yeah:

don't know if Pim's aware of this but probably ToJo is. Last month during the China Open, two Ferrero/Pim Pim fans met ToJo in the hotel. They started with asking for autograph and then asked many questions, all of them were about pim pim.:lol: including this one" did he break up with Jaslyn?" :tape: Tojo was such a nice guy, he answered all these questions. :hug:

I won't blame tojo if he refuses to come China next year.:p

margaret_gn
10-07-2005, 06:16 AM
awwww tojo's such a sweet guy... what did he say about Jaslyn? that's hilarious that your friends talked to him all about pimpim though :haha:

Sommarsverige
10-07-2005, 11:25 PM
:lol::lol:

don't know if Pim's aware of this but probably ToJo is. Last month during the China Open, two Ferrero/Pim Pim fans met ToJo in the hotel. They started with asking for autograph and then asked many questions, all of them were about pim pim.:lol: including this one" did he break up with Jaslyn?" :tape: Tojo was such a nice guy, he answered all these questions. :hug:

I won't blame tojo if he refuses to come China next year.:p

We can be lucky that the Swedes don´t mind ;) I have also been talking to Simon about Pim Pim and also he was so nice and did answer every single question :)

Kat!
10-08-2005, 01:22 AM
:yeah: great job PimPim fans...........!! I'm hoping the swedes are all calling PimPim telling him to recover soon! looool

midsommardagen
10-08-2005, 02:08 PM
:lol: I love Swedes!

what did he say about Jaslyn?

he didn't say much about Jaslyn, just told two Pimsters that Jaslyn and Pim Pim broke up with each other. :p

Sommarsverige
10-08-2005, 08:20 PM
I really hope Pim Pim will be in Stockholm next week for watching his friends :)

Björki
10-08-2005, 10:04 PM
I really hope Pim Pim will be in Stockholm next week for watching his friends :)
Ich drücke dir die Daumen Birte :) auch das Magnus da ist.

safdem
10-11-2005, 09:45 AM
how is joachim doing? will he be playing again this yr?

Sharon
10-11-2005, 10:13 PM
how is joachim doing? will he be playing again this yr?

nope, he's still gonna be out for a couple months :(

Sommarsverige
10-12-2005, 10:25 AM
There was an interview with Pim Pim in a Swedish paper yesterday and he said he hopes to be back to the TMS tourneys in Miami and Key Biscaine in march..

Btw, I saw Pim Pim at the tennis yesterday and he has still the same long hair :)
I thought some of you might be interested in this ;)

midsommardagen
10-12-2005, 01:39 PM
Birte thanks for the news.:hug:

ok, some of you might be interested in this :lol:

http://www.stureplan.se/images/article_image_538e86b8f423fff0.jpg

missalyce
10-12-2005, 03:11 PM
nice on left !:p

margaret_gn
10-12-2005, 11:04 PM
:eek: look at the height difference!

Sharon
10-13-2005, 02:52 AM
:lol: the height difference was the first thing i noticed too haha
... cute couple, as long as he's happy... and will be playing tennis again soon!! :p