Will there be an ACC this year? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will there be an ACC this year?

BigJohn
09-16-2011, 11:41 PM
October is just around the corner, and soon will be ACC season. This could be a pretty good year: the Rafatards and the Noletards both have star candidates, there have been memorable threads where the clowns were allowed to shine, some of them surprisingly not yet deleted...

That brings us to the question: will there be an ACC this year? MTF seems to be going through a Victorian age, this crop of Noletards are pretty thin skinned and that fanbase has been known to kill the fun in MTF. (RIP Haha threads)

Given these circumstances, do you think there will be an ACC this year?

star
09-16-2011, 11:44 PM
October is just around the corner, and soon will be ACC season. This could be a pretty good year: the Rafatards and the Noletards both have star candidates, there have been memorable threads where the clowns were allowed to shine, some of them surprisingly not yet deleted...

That brings us to the question: will there be an ACC this year? MTF seems to be going through a Victorian age, this crop of Noletards are pretty thin skinned and that fanbase has been known to kill the fun in MTF. (RIP Haha threads)

Given these circumstances, do you think there will be an ACC this year?

And there’s always you. :hug:

It seems that Action Jackson nee George W. Hitler is ineligible to run it since he is responsible for monitoring and disciplining those are nominated for the contest. Seems like a conflict of interest to me.

Are you gonna run it BIGJohn?

BigJohn
09-16-2011, 11:51 PM
AJ has always done a terrific job...

Orka_n
09-16-2011, 11:54 PM
It seems that Action Jackson nee George W. Hitler is ineligible to run it since he is responsible for monitoring and disciplining those are nominated for the contest. Seems like a conflict of interest to me.How so? :scratch: It'll be fine.

Getta
09-17-2011, 12:09 AM
AJ is the only one who meets all the specific experience requirements to run the contest decently.

Gagsquet
09-17-2011, 01:07 AM
I'm looking forward my first ACC. :)

Chase Visa
09-17-2011, 02:12 AM
What is the ACC?

buddyholly
09-17-2011, 02:14 AM
You are not experienced enough to win yet.

Maybe a special award as best new arse clown.

star
09-17-2011, 02:17 AM
AJ is the only one who meets all the specific experience requirements to run the contest decently.

Except one.

abraxas21
09-17-2011, 03:29 AM
bar the draw-rigging and the 12 hours lag between voting rounds (whats the point of it, anyhow?), AJ has done a decent work.

Orka_n
09-17-2011, 03:47 AM
What is the ACC?MTF's yearly Arse Clown Contest - where the biggest mugs on the site fight it out til only one is left standing. Users vote for the poster they find the most idiotic in 1 vs 1 matches and the "winner" walks on to the next round. Basically it's free insult throwing for a week. Last year it was the legendary gloryhunter "Definition of Douchebag" Federer's_Mate who prevailed in the tough final vs "Daddy's Boy" Start da Game.

Pirata.
09-17-2011, 03:58 AM
Looking forward to see how far SetSampras can go this year. Start da Game has been injured the past couple weeks but he could make a surprise comeback just in time for ACC to start.

Goldenoldie
09-17-2011, 03:59 AM
If AJ can be bothered, MTF is saved.

If not, it is the end of life as we know it. :eek:

out_here_grindin
09-17-2011, 04:02 AM
Depends if Miami can get over their off the field troubles and if EJ Manuel can settle in at FSU

Johnny Groove
09-17-2011, 04:11 AM
AJ, if you are unable to run it, I can do it.

rocketassist
09-17-2011, 04:59 AM
Got to be done. Fuck me scribing down the top 32 seeds is going to be an absolute nightmare this time.

abraxas21
09-17-2011, 05:42 AM
Looking forward to see how far SetSampras can go this year. Start da Game has been injured the past couple weeks but he could make a surprise comeback just in time for ACC to start.

doesn't matter. i think careergrandslam will demolish any rival on his way from the first round till the final. a really strong season he's had thus far.

setsampras and start da game should make the SF at least, though. they're both very solid players so i wouldnt be surprised if one of them makes the final just to get the privilege to lose to careergrandslam.

Johnny Groove
09-17-2011, 06:06 AM
careergrandslam is a consistent yearly mug, he'll have his chances.

I think this is SetSampras' year.

ssin
09-17-2011, 08:31 AM
With Federers_Mate out of the game, the outcome is not a foregone conclusion anymore. Let the best win, I have my strong candidates.

Pirata.
09-17-2011, 08:48 AM
careergrandslam usually only shows up at the slams so that might put a damper on his chances; SetSampras has been consistent these last few weeks, I think he can go all the way.

jonathancrane
09-17-2011, 08:52 AM
I'll root for sokk this year

Sofonda Cox
09-17-2011, 09:12 AM
The Noletards have come into their own this year, they could ruin for everyone. But it will go ahead for sure, why wouldn't it? Won't be as good as some in the past though.

Chase Visa
09-17-2011, 09:26 AM
BUDZILLA! was pretty muggy as well iirc.

Fed's Mate (or is it Nole's Mate now?) should be let back so he can win this, imo.

Pirata.
09-17-2011, 09:29 AM
I think permabanned members can still be nominated, as ORGASMATRON made a deep run last year despite being banned a few months before.

Chase Visa
09-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Word Life would come into contention as well, wouldn't he? Although I suppose he isn't that bad.

Action Jackson
09-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Yes, there will be one.

leng jai
09-17-2011, 12:04 PM
The Nole gimps should fuse their clowning into one account - would be unstoppable.

Gagsquet
09-17-2011, 12:05 PM
You are not experienced enough to win yet.

Maybe a special award as best new arse clown.

Morgieb is a good poster :confused: :p

Chase Visa
09-17-2011, 12:07 PM
Morgieb is a good poster :confused: :p

I don't think he was talking about me....:p

Gagsquet
09-17-2011, 12:11 PM
I don't think he was talking about me....:p

:p :angel:
Mugdyholly doesn't like me very much :lol:
It's reciprocal anyway :shrug:

Garson007
09-17-2011, 01:45 PM
I support a move to return to tennis scoring.

Johnny Groove
09-17-2011, 03:08 PM
The Nole gimps should fuse their clowning into one account - would be unstoppable.

Yeah, but that's half the field :lol:

Orka_n
09-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Personally I feel that ACC 2011 is SdG's to lose. He was a worthy finalist last year and now no one ought to be able to stand in his way. Feds_Mate is gone. CD has calmed down a bit. SetSampras is peaking too early. Muzzatard won't be a challenge. The worst Djokotards? They have too many allies.

Gagsquet
09-17-2011, 04:14 PM
The only thing which will save a Djokotard from winning is coz they are awful in team but no one seems superior to the others. SDG, careergranslam, set sampras are clown leaders on the contrary.

Clay Death
09-17-2011, 04:27 PM
i will go ahead nominate the following right away:

1. farenTWHAJT Sux Too (FST for short)

2. 1/2 sack (fed`s left nut)

3. infectus (the magician)

**these 3 are unbeatable acc material.

BigJohn
09-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Yes, there will be one.

Many thanks. We are grateful.

scoobs
09-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Yes, there will be one.

With nominations not opening until the Paris indoors tournament starts.

BigJohn
09-17-2011, 04:40 PM
I support a move to return to tennis scoring.

That makes it trickier to tally the results. Plus probably the time zones could falsify the results. I say total votes, it's less complicated

The only negative aspect of the ACC and it is a recent one: CD will try to be funny with nicknames again. Let's hope he decides to not participate, that way he would be barred from posting in the thread.

CD, this is not the nomination thread. :( WTF?

Damn it. I forgot one option on the poll:

Yes, but Clay Death will treat all the ACC related threads as a personal chat thread and all the good posts will be lost in CD's continuous litany of repetitive lame and unfunny bullshit.

Clay Death
09-17-2011, 04:53 PM
i just put my nominations out ther early for others to see.

are you upset that i did not include you?

take your weeping and whining and peddle it elsewhere little johnny. there is no market for it here.

BigJohn
09-17-2011, 04:58 PM
I would like to change my vote to

Yes, but Clay Death will treat all the ACC related threads as a personal chat thread and all the good posts will be lost in CD's continuous litany of repetitive lame and unfunny bullshit.

Clay Death
09-17-2011, 05:02 PM
of course you would. go ahead and change into that pink dress too that you picked up at a garage sale this weekend.

Gagsquet
09-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Nominations starting so late is bad.

I agree that mid September like last year was too early but a mid October should be perfect.
Not until the second week of November is too late.

Sofonda Cox
09-17-2011, 06:01 PM

:stupid:

Ben.
09-17-2011, 07:05 PM
The only thing which will save a Djokotard from winning is coz they are awful in team but no one seems superior to the others. SDG, careergranslam, set sampras are clown leaders on the contrary.

True for the most part but Farenhajt and Nole Fan stand out to me. Nole Fan should go far for the signature alone.

BigJohn
09-17-2011, 08:17 PM
of course you would. go ahead and change into that pink dress too that you picked up at a garage sale this weekend.

I see you are now fapping thinking of me in drag. Stop it.

And CD, not every thread revolves around you. STFU, please.

star
09-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Nominations starting so late is bad.

I agree that mid September like last year was too early but a mid October should be perfect.
Not until the second week of November is too late.

Since you only joined MTF in April of this year, it’s amazing that you have such exquisite insight into the correct timing for the ACC.

:worship:

Pirata.
09-17-2011, 08:37 PM

I've been waiting all summer for ACC, now we have to wait another two and a half months??? :sobbing:

LinkMage
09-17-2011, 08:45 PM

:rolleyes:

Mods now want to ruin the ACC just like how they closed the haha threads.

NID

star
09-17-2011, 08:47 PM

NID

You’re kidding right?

Mods RUN the ACC. It’s their baby.

Garson007
09-17-2011, 09:04 PM
That makes it trickier to tally the results. Plus probably the time zones could falsify the results. I say total votes, it's less complicated.
It also makes the competition less serious than some seem to take it. If it keeps to a tennis score then it's still relevant to this forum, while keeping in tune with its humourous nature.

BigJohn
09-17-2011, 09:16 PM
It also makes the competition less serious than some seem to take it. If it keeps to a tennis score then it's still relevant to this forum, while keeping in tune with its humourous nature.

I think having has many votes as possible makes the results more relevant to the ACC. And it has proven to be humourous without the tennis scoring line.

Commander Data
09-17-2011, 09:20 PM

AJ is da man!

Gagsquet
09-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Since you only joined MTF in April of this year, it’s amazing that you have such exquisite insight into the correct timing for the ACC.

:worship:

I'm a fucking DA so I know the perfect timing...

Sofonda Cox
09-17-2011, 10:09 PM

NID

You can get medication for paranoia.

JolánGagó
09-18-2011, 12:04 AM
You’re kidding right?

Mods RUN the ACC. It’s their baby.

Nah, until now it was merely tolerated just so they could run the pop and Mr/Ms contests, those are the mods' babies.

Pop and beauty peagants are the real prize for many here, for them or their friends, and the level and intensity of background backstabbing and conspiracy is several orders above ACC.

Ironically, the a priori "malignant" event ends up being the more innocent, while the fun-and-happiness arse kissing ones are where the shit really hits the fan and the real Arse Clowns are revealed for everyone to watch and admire.

star
09-18-2011, 12:09 AM
Nah, until now it was merely tolerated just so they could run the pop and Mr/Ms contests, those are the mods' babies.

Pop and beauty peagants are the real prize for many here, for them or their friends, and the level and intensity of background backstabbing and conspiracy is several orders above ACC.

Ironically, the a priori "malignant" event ends up being the more innocent, while the fun-and-happiness arse kissing ones are where the shit really hits the fan and the real Arse Clowns are revealed for everyone to watch and admire.

I agree that people seem to harbor more ill feelings well after the event in those “positive” contests. But this one is overtly mod sponsored.