The "I can still win matches" Fall Season 2011 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The "I can still win matches" Fall Season 2011

soulage
09-15-2011, 06:58 PM
This is the end of the season. It remains few tournaments to improve a bit that bad ranking.

It's starts with Moselle Open where he's WC and then as he's only 8th alt for Mons he must have to play the challenger qualies :sad:

Kezzi
09-16-2011, 11:07 PM
I have to ask before I assume the wrong things: How do I read the topic title? With or without sarcasm? Cause to me it has this "in your dreams" vibe. :sadface:

Either way: Allez Arnaud for fall season! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

soulage
09-17-2011, 08:07 AM
I just take the title of his last interview :confused:. He said after his run in St Remy it proves "I can still win matches" If i would have been sarcastic I would have put a smiley :confused: Then of course it refers to his bad season and his many losses but it's Arno's words and i'll take it the positiv way that time. We'll see on court if that sentence is right

Kezzi
09-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Like I said, that's why I asked :) I didn't know the title of the interview means this. Haven't translated that interview and my French course starts next week :p In English it must have a different sound to it I guess. :shrug:

soulage
09-17-2011, 10:29 AM
my French course starts next week :p
Great Bon courage pour les cours :)

In English it must have a different sound to it I guess. :shrug:
It means the same thing but of course with litteral translation we lost the original sound. I understand it could sound sarcastic especially in english but it was more a reference to his words. If someone gets a better idea I change that title :angel:

For Metz we cross the fingers :cheerleader:. The draw is made around 5.30 pm today

Fat Camel
09-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Not easy draw, of course for the 1st round very tough opponent - Mika. Of course, lately Llodra was'n't good in singles, concentrating on doubles matches, but indoor Mika on French events is always the power. If somehow he passes Llodra, there goes all-frenches, Mahut, in QF possible Jo. Afterwards no sense to talk about. I hope he really can win 1-2 matches herevs his buddies :)

soulage
09-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Llodra indoor = poor draw :mad:. When you look at the draw there was many winnable 1st round this one is tough :sad:. They should play only wednesday until Arno can work on his returns and on his serve as we shouldn't have many rallys :lol: Good luck :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Funny is his double partner Kenny De Schepper. I'm not sure you know him but it's a very tall guy 30 cm more than Arno:lol: and of course with a very big serve he's not at his best lately but who had a good season. I want a pic of that team :angel:

Fat Camel
09-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Llodra indoor = poor draw :mad:. When you look at the draw there was many winnable 1st round this one is tough :sad:. They should play only wednesday until Arno can work on his returns and on his serve as we shouldn't have many rallys :lol: Good luck :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Funny is his double partner Kenny De Schepper. I'm not sure you know him but it's a very tall guy 30 cm more than Arno:lol: and of course with a very big serve he's not at his best lately but who had a good season. I want a pic of that team :angel:

Also funny that they both got WC in singles ;)

soulage
09-20-2011, 09:40 AM
They won their first match yesterday evening but I found no pic :sad: Next round is vs seed 1 Peya/Kas.

Arno plays tomorrow vs Mika and it may have a streaming not sure but maybe. An audio of Arno on the local radio http://master.radio-france.fr/chaines/france-bleu/global_ramgen.php?tag=Lorraine-Nord&sound=journaux/clement200911.rm He's happy to be in Metz

Lesliem
09-20-2011, 12:12 PM
They won their first match yesterday evening but I found no pic :sad: Next round is vs seed 1 Peya/Kas.

Arno plays tomorrow vs Mika and it may have a streaming not sure but maybe. An audio of Arno on the local radio http://master.radio-france.fr/chaines/france-bleu/global_ramgen.php?tag=Lorraine-Nord&sound=journaux/clement200911.rm He's happy to be in MetzThanks but your link doesn't work for me :confused:. Can you tell me where I have to search on France bleu website please ? I don't know in which program it was...

soulage
09-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Normally you click and it opens in realplayer so maybe you don't get realplayer. At the end of that page http://sites.radiofrance.fr/chaines/france-bleu/?nr=83253839a63927e1e2eede5fb36f38e2&ced6f7d553274d29f60a02a40e468e25_info_mode=item&ced6f7d553274d29f60a02a40e468e25_info_index=0

Lesliem
09-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Normally you click and it opens in realplayer so maybe you don't get realplayer. At the end of that page http://sites.radiofrance.fr/chaines/france-bleu/?nr=83253839a63927e1e2eede5fb36f38e2&ced6f7d553274d29f60a02a40e468e25_info_mode=item&ced6f7d553274d29f60a02a40e468e25_info_index=0That' s ok with this link and I have real player, thanks :).

soulage
09-20-2011, 06:39 PM
I saw few games of Mahut vs Junqueira surely one of the worst player on HC :lol: and I saw Arno's father seat next to Boris ;) Most of the frenchies did well today but they got good draw. I think i'm ready to complain about Arno bad draw for tomorrow :lol:

Match is at 4 pm not an easy time to follow

Lesliem
09-21-2011, 09:20 AM

Arno plays tomorrow vs Mika and it may have a streaming not sure but maybe. An audio of Arno on the local radio http://master.radio-france.fr/chaines/france-bleu/global_ramgen.php?tag=Lorraine-Nord&sound=journaux/clement200911.rm He's happy to be in Metz

There will be a streaming :D. It's the kid day, not sure the guys will be happy with the noise :devil:

There is a pic of the double team on the ATP website but I'm not able to take it :confused:. I like the new blue Lacoste shirt of Arnaud :angel:. He doesn't look so small next to his teammate...maybe an optical effect :p

soulage
09-21-2011, 11:16 AM
There will be a streaming :D. It's the kid day, not sure the guys will be happy with the noise :devil:
Kids are another bad news :lol:

Unfortunatly like for Mons he misses for some spots the cut of Rennes so unless he gets a WC in the french one it will be back to back challenger qualies :sad:

There is a pic of the double team on the ATP website but I'm not able to take it :confused:. I like the new blue Lacoste shirt of Arnaud :angel:. He doesn't look so small next to his teammate...maybe an optical effect :p
Yes we don't see the 30 cm between them :lol: http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/4b0b0cd5fb414e6e8647c412d019557e.ashx

Gillouthe best
09-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Great win today from Arno against Llodra, he won 6-3,6-4

Kezzi
09-21-2011, 03:51 PM
:cheerleader:
I didn't see any of it, did you? If so, what was the level of play? :)

Lesliem
09-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Great win today from Arno against Llodra, he won 6-3,6-4Yeah Arno was in good shape, it was solid & he made some great points especially the returns and the passing shots. He has clearly to improve his serve for his next round...Mika was tired, he made a lot of errors but he forced Arno to run on some points with "amorties" (don't know the english translation) then lobs...poor Arnaud :haha:

Children were supporting Mika sometimes loudly but it didn't disturbe the players, just some people walking in the stands during the points ;)

Arno & Mika took their breakfast together this morning with Guy Forget :) . Julien Jeanpierre was there (and Arnaud's father too), not Boris (he was at Mahut's match yesterday). They said Julien is helping Arnaud at the moment.

soulage
09-21-2011, 05:41 PM
I managed to see some games at the beginning and I wait the end before leaving :lol: As I recorded the Sport + streaming rare to find that one so if someone wants it tell me of course it's quite bad quality

Mika was not in a very good shape unable to do something with Arno's second serve :lol: but Arno was solid enough
Julien Jeanpierre was there (and Arnaud's father too), not Boris (he was at Mahut's match yesterday). They said Julien is helping Arnaud at the moment.
You also got Sport + ? I understand that Arno left FFT ?? Well Julien JeanPierre is helping Arno that's why he's always here and that's why no more Boris. He surely take the decision during the summer :confused: So tomorrow he will play against Mahut trained by Boris.

Lesliem
09-21-2011, 06:07 PM
I managed to see some games at the beginning and I wait the end before leaving :lol: As I recorded the Sport + streaming rare to find that one so if someone wants it tell me of course it's quite bad quality

Mika was not in a very good shape unable to do something with Arno's second serve :lol: but Arno was solid enough

You also got Sport + ? I understand that Arno left FFT ?? Well Julien JeanPierre is helping Arno that's why he's always here and that's why no more Boris. He surely take the decision during the summer :confused: So tomorrow he will play against Mahut trained by Boris.No I haven't Sport + but the streaming on fromsport was the one of Sport + so we had the french commentators & interviews of Arnaud and Mika after their training ect...
I don't really understand what they were saying about Boris and the FFT so you're probably right ;). Anyway this FFT situation was not really good for the players : Adrian, Arno, Nico & Florent aren't good on the same surfaces so they don't choose the same tournaments and some of them prefer the French tournaments unlike the others...it was complicated with 1 or 2 coaches for 4 players !

I'm interested by your recording even in bad quality :)

soulage
09-21-2011, 06:33 PM
No I haven't Sport + but the streaming on fromsport was the one of Sport + so we had the french commentators & interviews of Arnaud and Mika after their training ect...
I missed that part but i get the post match interview by Arno and of course i mean Sport + streaming which was available

I don't really understand what they were saying about Boris and the FFT so you're probably right ;). Anyway this FFT situation was not really good for the players : Adrian, Arno, Nico & Florent aren't good on the same surfaces so they don't choose the same tournaments and some of them prefer the French tournaments unlike the others...it was complicated with 1 or 2 coaches for 4 players !
There were some applauses and Roux is not very clear in his sentences I'm not a big fan of him tbh :p Olivier Ramos is with Flo who play on clay lately I saw him in a pic last week. Adrian is injured and Nico & Arno have quite the same schedule but Arno maybe feel he has to quit the FFT and Boris :confused: Strange as he was looking quite happy about their team :scratch:

I'm interested by your recording even in bad quality :)
I will try to share it but it's a big file

Kezzi
09-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Maybe it was too much for Boris? :scratch: Though I'm sad if he isn't with Arnaud anymore, I really liked him. :) But I guess we will still see him around if Nico, Adrian & Arnaud play the same tournaments.

I would like to see the file as well, thanks! :)

soulage
09-21-2011, 07:51 PM
It's like for the injuries Arno not too much talkative about his coach. For the file tell me if it works :unsure: I cut nothing so you have also the ad

https://rapidshare.com/files/68757980/New_Video_26_.flv

Lesliem
09-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Thanks Soulage :) it works for me, I had only the sound but with a sofware to convert flv in avi that's ok ! And the quality is quite good =)

Via
09-21-2011, 11:12 PM
wow the thread title works :eek:

soulage
09-22-2011, 09:20 AM
yes it works :lol:

Again at 4 pm today. Arno says that if Mika had been at 100% he would have beat him. He has no goal he just try to enjoy on court he says it's not easy for him to play Nico and that will be tough. Article in the local newspaper http://www.republicain-lorrain.fr/sports/2011/09/22/clement-je-profite-de-mon-invitation and in l'equipe this morning

Fat Camel
09-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Really close match 6-3 5-7 3-6:(

I like the way Arnaud played today, nice atacking tennis with almost 100% of net approaches in the first two sets. All decided here in pressure points, first set Arnaud was very clutch saving almost all bp with winners, but after he got a bit tired, could't serve the 1st serve on crucial points, maybe this costed him a match today. He had so many 0-30 on Mahut's serve the last set but Nico served extremely well after.

Still Estoril 2010 Arnaud's last QF :( But to be positive it looks like he found his game.

soulage
09-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Really close match 6-3 5-7 3-6:(
:sad::sad:

I like the way Arnaud played today, nice atacking tennis with almost 100% of net approaches in the first two sets. All decided here in pressure points, first set Arnaud was very clutch saving almost all bp with winners, but after he got a bit tired, could't serve the 1st serve on crucial points, maybe this costed him a match today. He had so many 0-30 on Mahut's serve the last set but Nico served extremely well after.
Yes I just saw a big part of first set and Arno was quite often on pressure on serve but was saving BP with good serving at crucial moments and some good points so if later in the match he didn't get the right point at the right point it explains the break. Pity to lost again a close match :sad: especially if he got opportunities. Then the level is far better than during the summer but with Arno it's up and down so how next ?

According Thierry Ascione better than Roux on comments Arno stopped working with Boris 3 weeks ago ;)

Recation of Arno who is frutrated of course but more confident and quite about about the level and add that 2012 is still possible :)
Arnaud Clément (battu par Nicolas Mahut) : "C'est une défaite frustrante. J'ai raté quelques retours à des moment importants. Contre un serveur de la qualité de "Nico", cela ne pardonne pas. Je suis tout de même satisfait de mon niveau de jeu bien au-dessus de ma moyenne annuelle. Je regrette de ne pas pouvoir affronter sans doute "Jo" (Tsonga). En tout cas, j'ai retrouvé la confiance et je suis partant à 95% pour 2012 même si on fera un bilan en fin de saison".

Doubles later but I assume he will be tired and Peya/Kas are good this year so next stop could be Mons qualies if he's ready to play challenger qualies but as he will see Kezzi he will surely go :angel: there and for Rennes there is some chances for a WC imo :unsure:

And it's only 20 points for Arno unfortunately so the ranking remains poor

Fat Camel
09-22-2011, 09:24 PM
They won doubles 6-1 7-6, quite unexpected!! :worship:

Kezzi
09-22-2011, 09:59 PM
It indeed was a close match today and a pity that he lost, but I'm happy he lost a close match and didn't get blown away by Nico. :) Also saw that his stats improved, which is always good. :yeah:

Did Ascione also say why he quit working with Boris? I will miss him :sad:, though I will probably see him in Mons, cause Adrian and Nico are also there. :) I do hope Arnaud gets through qualies (if he decides to go) or plays doubles, cause I really can't go during q weekend. :(
Did he say he's 95% sure to continue in 2012? I used google translate... I can't wait until my French is good enough to be able to read it myself. ;) I will need to start planning how many tournaments to save my money for. :lol:

soulage
09-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Good win in doubles :D semi on saturday

It indeed was a close match today and a pity that he lost, but I'm happy he lost a close match and didn't get blown away by Nico. :) Also saw that his stats improved, which is always good. :yeah:
Arno said "at least it was tennis" ! Well pity he lost

Did Ascione also say why he quit working with Boris? I will miss him :sad:, though I will probably see him in Mons, cause Adrian and Nico are also there. :)
When he said that he said that was a tough match because Arno and Nico know well each other but also for trainers as Julien Jeanpierre is one of the best friend of Nico and Boris was the trainer of Arno until 3 weeks ago. No reason :confused: Maybe he gives one later ? True it's strange because in newport Arno was helped by a friend for his club and Nico by Julien and fews weeks ago it's arno who is helped by Julien :cuckoo: And I don't know if Julien is really the coach of Arno or an help

I made a video of the prematch short report with Nico and Arno https://rapidshare.com/files/2084031449/Metzpreview.wmv

I do hope Arnaud gets through qualies (if he decides to go) or plays doubles, cause I really can't go during q weekend. :(
Yes I hope but qualies are never easy and if he goes he will play vs players who will have nothing to lose against him. Tough :sad:

Did he say he's 95% sure to continue in 2012? I used google translate... I can't wait until my French is good enough to be able to read it myself. ;) I will need to start planning how many tournaments to save my money for. :lol:
He said "Anyway, I found some confidence and I'm ready at 95% for 2012 even if we will make an analyse at the end of the season. "
He will have to check how the body is and his motivation to start in very small tournaments I think.

soulage
09-27-2011, 02:15 PM
The press conference was this morning and he received a WC for Rennes that was expected http://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-de-Rennes-Internationaux-de-tennis-masculin/321373768144 He's also the last DE in Orleans

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/316516_10150327748978145_321373768144_8108727_1172 669025_n.jpg

:lol: :lol: Arno on a official car

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/310929_10150327744938145_321373768144_8108679_1394 464435_n.jpg

soulage
10-01-2011, 08:02 AM
I do hope Arnaud gets through qualies (if he decides to go) or plays doubles, cause I really can't go during q weekend. :(
He's not in the qualy draw of Mons :sad: With the withdrawals I think he finished only 1 out from the MD :sad: Well maybe a little chance there was one more very late :confused: We'll have to put an eye an the MD and why not the doubles draw. It's cruel if you miss him for one spot even if you have Sergiy.

Edit the draw has been made and as expected he's not in. I assume that with 3 q matches he will surely have been tired before the MD and it can be one reason to avoid the qualies :unsure: as a challenger gives less points than a ATP tournaments or because of the sun he has decided to go to the beach :p

Kezzi
10-01-2011, 11:33 AM
I am disappointed he's not there, but also a little bit relieved. I am so busy next week that it would have been a hassle to go to Mons for a day. And even if I enjoy the tournament very much and I like a lot of the players there, I won't go. Also because I am going to Bercy next month, it is just so close together that I will just see Sergiy and my other faves there. :)

soulage
10-08-2011, 04:43 PM
A qualifier in Rennes R1 http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2011/3503/mds.pdf Of course qualifier doesn't mean easy ;) a Bozoljac for exemple can be really tough

Fat Camel
10-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Again Mahut in 2nd round :(

soulage
10-09-2011, 04:08 PM
He has to win his first match before :cheerleader:

Nico and Arno play doubles together tomorrow afternoon that's a good way to train on the court.

soulage
10-10-2011, 06:26 PM
It will be Mektic tomorrow evening. Most important is pleasure so hope he enjoys :)

They won in doubles but it looks it was close according the website

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/312870_10150344819423145_321373768144_8204190_8960 99222_n.jpg

Kezzi
10-10-2011, 08:20 PM
I have never heard of Mektic, does anyone know him? :scratch:

Great that they won their first round of doubles. :D

soulage
10-11-2011, 08:15 AM
I never see him play but i saw many time his names this year. He has some close match or win vs good players.
Arno said after the double say they were there to win the title because at least for him it is possible more than for single. So Arno is not full of confidence for single :confused:

la paire clément-mahut est là « pour gagner »
Victorieux (7-6, 7-5) d'un autre duo tricolore (Burquier-Lamasine) lors du 1er tour de double, les deux Français ont affirmé leurs prétentions. « Notre objectif est de gagner le tournoi, lance Arnaud Clément. C'est dans nos cordes, plus en tout cas qu'en simple... enfin pour moi », poursuit l'Aixois. En quart de finale, les compères joueront le duo Bednarek-Charroin.

Fat Camel
10-11-2011, 07:10 PM
He won 6-4 6-3!! :) Didn't follow, but stats are nice, 65% of 1st serve, 2 of 2 bp converted.

Mahut or Guez next. Surprising Nico is losing 2-4.

soulage
10-12-2011, 07:50 AM
conference after his single http://dai.ly/nrWxno and after his double http://dai.ly/qf3j6V where there were a lot of smiles

I watched some games at the beginning yesterday and it was not great by arno far away from his Metz level. Nico again tomorrow so tough :devil:

soulage
10-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Just look the results and the not very sucessful team :devil: spend 2 hours on court today for their doubles. It must a tactic by Nico to tire Arno for tomorrow :lol: I was fun listening Arno that they wanted the title but they can't win together :sad: Tomorrow scheduled as last match for their nineth encounters 7-1 for Nico :eek:

I was wondering about his schedule until the end of the year and for the start of 2012 :spit: :topic:

Next week Orleans but then nothing sure :confused: It looks that he won't try the qualies of the both 500 but he will surely try the Bercy qualies. I don't know if he will stop after that or play the last challengers :unsure: For the Interclub I found nothing. Marignane is playing in second division this year so he could not play them. And for 2012 i'm not sure he will fly down under :scratch:

Fat Camel
10-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Very disappointed that i watched this match. Arnaud was really bad today, enough to say Mahut lost only 7 points on his serve - 6-3 6-3 :(
Clement finished both break-games in second set with double-fault, had conversations with referee. He seemed really frustrated on the court and didn't have the fighting spirit.

soulage
10-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Clement finished both break-games in second set with double-fault, had conversations with referee.
Do you understand about what ?

I didn't watch the match because it started around 11.30 pm I think :eek: as Benny was still on court at 11 pm. They had a really stupid schedule :rolleyes: and very long matches all the day. You have no idea to make play a veteran so late :lol: I don't know if it was a problem for him but for me yes :p

At the same time a Nico/Arno match you know how it ends :sad: and i didn't find Arno was in great form tuesday and in interview too and if you say he didn't fight that's a bad sign :unsure: Not sure we'll see him a lot until the end of the year. Body is maybe hurting and the head doesn't follow :confused:

Via
10-14-2011, 01:56 PM
Just look the results and the not very sucessful team :devil: spend 2 hours on court today for their doubles. It must a tactic by Nico to tire Arno for tomorrow :lol: I was fun listening Arno that they wanted the title but they can't win together :sad: Tomorrow scheduled as last match for their nineth encounters 7-1 for Nico :eek:

I was wondering about his schedule until the end of the year and for the start of 2012 :spit: :topic:

Next week Orleans but then nothing sure :confused: It looks that he won't try the qualies of the both 500 but he will surely try the Bercy qualies. I don't know if he will stop after that or play the last challengers :unsure: For the Interclub I found nothing. Marignane is playing in second division this year so he could not play them. And for 2012 i'm not sure he will fly down under :scratch:

maybe it's :topic: but if i may interrupt this thread (not doing this much lately, but i do sometime read your fantastic updates :hatoff: ) it is the only thing that i wonder about arno now. if he doesn't travel, even if he continues to play small challengers, for me he's a local player somewhere in europe. he's no longer a world player :sad:

Lesliem
10-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Do you understand about what ?

I didn't watch the match because it started around 11.30 pm I think :eek: as Benny was still on court at 11 pm. They had a really stupid schedule :rolleyes: and very long matches all the day. You have no idea to make play a veteran so late :lol: I don't know if it was a problem for him but for me yes :p

At the same time a Nico/Arno match you know how it ends :sad: and i didn't find Arno was in great form tuesday and in interview too and if you say he didn't fight that's a bad sign :unsure: Not sure we'll see him a lot until the end of the year. Body is maybe hurting and the head doesn't follow :confused:I think as the commentators said that Arnaud doesn't like playing late at all...And they added he was not feeling really fit since the beginning of the tournament. I also found he looked very tired on the conf video especially the one with Nico. He was frustrated yesterday because it was not good on returns, some strange calls by the empire ect and he was not fighting. Playing against the guy who always beat him, very late and probably with physical problems (when he changed his shirt we saw a kind of pink strapping on his shoulder and he was often touching his shoulder :sad:) he was not in ideal conditions.

soulage
10-14-2011, 06:20 PM
When he’s motivated it’s surely not a problem to play late. Then it’s obvious he was not at 100% the difference with Metz was evident Tuesday. And in the interview he was looking tired and resigned
probably with physical problems (when he changed his shirt we saw a kind of pink strapping on his shoulder and he was often touching his shoulder :sad:) he was not in ideal conditions.
Poor boy :sad: it’s surely one reason he was annoyed by that the match.

maybe it's but if i may interrupt this thread (not doing this much lately, but i do sometime read your fantastic updates ) it is the only thing that i wonder about arno now. if he doesn't travel, even if he continues to play small challengers, for me he's a local player somewhere in europe. he's no longer a world player
It sounds cruel :p but i understand your point of view then for me he's still a pro tennis player no doubt on that but I'm ok no more a world class one as it's true that his ending is happening on the small category of tournaments

But no problem about being a :cheerleader::cheerleader: of a veteran, injured an losing player :angel: Never in doubt about my cheers

soulage
10-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Feliciano Lopez in R1 of Orleans I don't know if we have to laugh or cry :help: Normally Lopez is a good match for Arno but now we have Lopez who plays Masters semi and Arno who is no more a world player as defined by Via :sad:

They should play wednesday imo enough time to complain that's it's a bad draw :devil:

soulage
10-16-2011, 05:28 PM
He plays doubles with..................Nico Mahut, yes again :lol: They play their first and last ? :devil: round tomorrow afternoon.

Confirmation that the match vs Lopez will be on wednesday http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150494191873327

With last news about the tournamament exhibition it sure that Arno won't play the two weeks after Orleans. He must not be motivated by the tour :confused:

soulage
10-17-2011, 05:51 PM
lost in doubles :devil:

I watched the 5 first games and the last two and they were so bad :eek: Arno was slow at the beginning and Nico poor at the net always at the opposite of the ball :lol: Well in the two last games Nico was not even try to play some decent tennis.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/308593_116110358497687_112518732190183_102387_1053 835897_n.jpg

Via
10-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Feliciano Lopez in R1 of Orleans I don't know if we have to laugh or cry :help: Normally Lopez is a good match for Arno but now we have Lopez who plays Masters semi and Arno who is no more a world player as defined by Via :sad:

don't laugh, i won't be surprised if the 'lesser' players define themselves by how far they travel :devil: once they get to top 100 then everyone travels and they have bigger goals.

the question is, what's this world class lopez doing in orleans?

Kezzi
10-19-2011, 04:00 PM
This "world class" Lopez wanted to be defeated in a challenger just for fun ;) Arnaud won, 6-4, 7-5! :cheerleader: :worship:
I didn't see any of it, just checked the scores one minute ago :)

soulage
10-19-2011, 04:26 PM
This "world class" Lopez wanted to be defeated in a challenger just for fun ;) Arnaud won, 6-4, 7-5! :cheerleader: :worship:
I didn't see any of it, just checked the scores one minute ago :)
Lopez is neither a world class player :p Coming in a foreign country to play a challenger for money is not the best thing in tennis :rolleyes:

I saw some games of the beginning and of the very end. First Lopez was not really concerned by the match wondering why he signed up for that tournament :scratch: Lopez made a poor start and Arno was poor on his own service game at the beginning. I thinks he needs some games to warm up his shoulder during the toss and the warm up he was doing a lot of movement to warm her :sad: Well Arno went with an early break that he kept with the help of Lopez to lead 4-2. Then saw the four last games Arno was better in the game :), serving better :) and Lopez still not concerned :lol: I found Arno good on the legs :) It was a poor draw that turns in his favour still good to take :D

Tomorrow Hajek around 5.30 pm

He gave his impressions on facebook https://www.facebook.com/arnaudclementofficiel/posts/251612708220096

Gillouthe best
10-20-2011, 05:12 PM
He won 6-4,6-3 against Hajek, i suppose he played well, plays LL Menendez-Maceiras on QF

soulage
10-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Not a great match but a win is a win :). At the beginning Arno retained his shots he was not good from the baseline with a lot of balls in the net but he was serving well so it was ok to keep his serves. The crucial moment of the match is at 4-4 Arno had to save 2 BP at 15-40. He hits no 1st serve on both, the first is a miss by Hajek and the second saved by a wonderful forehand down the line. This shots was the shot to hit to feel free. Then he break and win the set break early in the second one and it was OK to win that match.

I'm pretty sure Arno doesn't know his next opponent and he prefers to be the underdog. And he will not be happy he plays as last match tomorrow around 9 pm :p not easy as the spaniard seems to be in his week and on slow HC we never know.

Fat Camel
10-21-2011, 07:49 PM
6-1 6-4!! :worship:

I can't say he was great today but this level was obviously enough fir his today's opponent. But 1st serve stats are too damn impressing - 29\30, 97 % points won on it!! :eek:

Next is Berankis, the guy who started this bad Arnaud's season back in January.

Via
10-21-2011, 10:42 PM
this is a great run, by arno's recent standard :eek:

all thanks to world class lopez :devil:

unfortunately no extra points for beating high ranked players.

soulage
10-22-2011, 08:12 AM
Great :D
But 1st serve stats are too damn impressing - 29\30, 97 % points won on it!! :eek:
:worship: :rocker2:

Berankis is a talented guy that I like. He seems coming back in his form of the start of the year. Arno is not the fav so let's see what he can do with the crowd.

soulage
10-22-2011, 05:41 PM
He's on final :D He won 63 64 :rocker2:

From local TV

kCb_ZXcKl3o

Marine
10-22-2011, 06:39 PM
Bah moi...allez arnaud !!!! lol

soulage
10-23-2011, 10:47 AM
It seems that the final may be seen here http://video-direct.france3.fr/player.php?id=1206

Another interview after Berankis match http://www.orleansinfos.fr/article.php?Id=2771

Llodra will be motivated by the title so it should be tougher than in their other meetings ;) Key will be serves. Anyway great week for Arno

Training with Seb http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150367481009917

soulage
10-23-2011, 02:12 PM
I had some problems to find a streaming at the beginning :o but Arno was OK until *3-2 40-00 with that very long game which lasted almost ten minutes imo match has changed in Mika's favour. So debreak and an exhausted Arno then :lol:. His serve is not enough good while Mika is on his rythm doing some beautiful points from the baseline too. Tough for Arno and pity after that good start but Mika is doing better tennis than him atm.

Gillouthe best
10-23-2011, 02:42 PM
He lost 5-7 1-6, Llodra served incredible, 18 aces!

soulage
10-23-2011, 02:56 PM
He must be deceived because he played not very well his serve was not there today and I found him a bit passive in the game maybe a lack of energy :zzz: or the pression of the final. He was not as fast on the legs that vs Lopez. Mika was solid but with a good Arno it would have been closer especially on returns.

Well another final that he lost :sad: it remains a good week :D :worship: but not enough to break his final losing streak :sad: 75 poinst is still good for his ranking at worst he should finish 160# 165# at the end of the year ;)

Report on the final

_hnemS4Rtyg

Next stop is this french tournament at the end of the week the updates on the facebook page of the tournament http://www.facebook.com/pages/TSBDunkerque/153822584660043

Fat Camel
10-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Bonsoir à tous ! C'est une bonne semaine pour moi malgré la défaite aujourd'hui face à un Mica juste meilleur que moi cet après-midi ! Il était quasi impossible de le breaker a partir du milieu du premier set. Son retour était très solide également, il est très dur à manœuvrer lorsqu'il a ce niveau de jeu. En tout cas j'ai pris énormément de plaisir toute la semaine. Maintenant, le programme c'est Dunkerque puis les qualifications de Bercy ! Merci à tous pour vos messages !

He says "that was a good week even with my loss to Llodra. Mika was just better than me this afternoon. It was impossible to break him after the middle of the 1st set. His return was also solid, it's very difficult to play (have a variety, change the game) when he has such level of play. But this whole week was a great pleasure for me!Next is Dunkerque and after Bercy qualies. Thank you for your messages!"

Something like that. Not sure in "manoevrer".

Via
10-23-2011, 10:11 PM
thanks for all the news and reports!

end of year is always a good time to play catch up, when many players are tired. so it's like this too on the challengers level.

for arno, i hope his game is picking up again, in form as well as in confidence. i don't want to hear bad news of retirement yet. :(

Via
10-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Well another final that he lost :sad: it remains a good week :D :worship: but not enough to break his final losing streak :sad: 75 poinst is still good for his ranking at worst he should finish 160# 165# at the end of the year ;)

please let me know if there's any news of the 'local player' travelling overseas next year :worship:

Marine
10-24-2011, 03:54 PM
i don't want to hear bad news of retirement yet. :(

Can you believe it...after all these years, we still want more ! lol

Thanks for the video soulage. I love the end, when they're both on the bench (with mika's kids), so cute...it's so good to see them in good terms ! :D

soulage
10-24-2011, 09:14 PM
please let me know if there's any news of the 'local player' travelling overseas next year :worship:
Maybe as a doubles player we'll see but it seems he has no program. They asked him if he would come back in Orleans next time and he answered that he didn't know where he will be next year. It's his body who will decide http://www.opendorleans.com/img/presse/presse_61.pdf It sounds that he's not sure about next year :sad:

For Bercy he needs a WC to play the qualies but many other frenchies need one too. I cross the fingers for that QWC :help:

Thanks for the video soulage. I love the end, when they're both on the bench (with mika's kids), so cute...it's so good to see them in good terms
Yes cute :angel: Tough to imagine they were in cold. Arno is very cute next to the kids ;) Apparently according the newspaper and a tennis forum Mika made the promotion of a Nolwenn show inviting people to buy tickets to help him to build a family :lol: http://www.tennis-classim.net/forums/topic/13678-votre-humeur-du-jour/page__view__findpost__p__1067231

De retour d'Orléans. Belle finale avec la victoire enfin de Llodra à Orléans. Avec la petite boutade à la fin au micro : " Au faite, annonce urgente, mais le 17 décembre Nolwenn Leroy fait un concert au Zénith. Je sais pas si vous savez, mais Arnaud Clément il l'aime alors bon soyez cool, prenez plein de places à la FNAC pour qu'il puisse fonder une belle famille

So Mika is looking after Arno's personnal life :lol: :angel:

Marine
10-24-2011, 10:44 PM
Apparently according the newspaper and a tennis forum Mika made the promotion of a Nolwenn show inviting people to buy tickets to help him to build a family :lol: http://www.tennis-classim.net/forums/topic/13678-votre-humeur-du-jour/page__view__findpost__p__1067231

So Mika is looking after Arno's personnal life :lol: :angel:

Mika le boulet !!! :haha:
(btw, she doesn't really need promo, her album is such a huge success ! But at least Kezzi listened to mika ;))

soulage
10-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Arno is on Brastislava list so he could play late in the season but he may withdraw because the last time he played so late in the season that was more than 10 years ago :lol: It will surely depend of Bercy if he plays it. Since the US qualies he played only in france :cool: Well we'll see

Kezzi
10-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Mika le boulet !!! :haha:
(btw, she doesn't really need promo, her album is such a huge success ! But at least Kezzi listened to mika ;))
:lol:
I had my tickets before Mika's promo. ;)
And I can imagine the album is a success in France, she's such an amazing singer. :worship: Hopefully they release the new edition of Bretonne in NL too :)

Fat Camel
11-04-2011, 11:26 PM
I'm quite relieved with this draw. No easy opponents in Masters qualies, but Rosol in the first round and out-of-form Kohli - Ilhan in the second is the best section i was expecting.

Allez Arnaud!

soulage
11-05-2011, 03:29 PM
I catched the livescore at 3-3 in the second set. Arno had a BP at 5-5 missed it then get broken and lost the set :sad: Pity :sad: A third set never easy for the old body.

As i was typing that post he's a break up in the third 2-0 but he has bad serves stats so nothing done the road is long

update
:eek: very fast last set just enough time to drink my orange juice and it's 6-0 for Arno :eek: Maybe a problem for Rosol :confused: Well still good for the veteran :D despite 2 hours of match and bad serving performance. Next is indeed Kohli not easy not the fav good luck

Lesliem
11-05-2011, 03:46 PM
The old body should be ok with this quick 3rd set in 20 minutes 6/0 :worship:

Next round Kohly who won easily this morning...

soulage
11-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Did you have problems with the livescore Lesliem ? I had to go on bet365 during few minutes on my side :confused:

Tomorrow Arno will need a decent serve and more luck on BP ;) Oh I forgot but Arno won a tie-break that's so rare :lol:

Lesliem
11-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Did you have problems with the livescore Lesliem ? I had to go on bet365 during few minutes on my side :confused:

Tomorrow Arno will need a decent serve and more luck on BP ;) Oh I forgot but Arno won a tie-break that's so rare :lol:

Yes I had a bug with the livescore at the beggining of the 2nd set. But it was ok at 2/1 for Rosol in the 2nd.

I don't think Rosol had a physical problem in the 3rd. A member of the french forum (les mordus) of Arnaud was there and apparently he played quite good today and he was supported by his father, Nolwenn, Dip, Guy Forget ect. So a very motivated Arnaud I guess :)

soulage
11-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the news. Family watching him give him more fighting spirit :) Kohli is not in his best form but it will more tough than Rosol Family has to comeback tomorrow :angel:

pics on bercy facebook http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150345515776875.339375.144914546874&type=3&saved and his own facebook http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=719802&l=d9c155edf8&id=146996155348419

http://www.facebook.com/arnaudclementofficiel

Kezzi
11-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Is there also something known if he might play doubles? Last time I saw the entry list it wasn't complete.

edit: the draw is out. Arnaud plays with ERV, they got a wildcard. Other wc for Mahut/Bennet.
I'm so happy, I will get to see them play at least 1 time. :D

soulage
11-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Happy for you even if he lost tomorrow you'll see him. ERV is a good double players but they got a tough draw with Fognini/Granollers

An interview of Arno after his match http://www.fft.fr/bnp-paribas-masters/infos/clement-quotguy-m-aidequot

Translation by Google and me :lol:

Arnaud Clement, how do you analyze your first round of qualifying?
I played badly but I won. It's a good sign. With his great serves he makes me played poorly sometimes, I lose my rhythm ... It was not good. It's strange to await a wild card to enter a tournament but I am very happy to play. And I hope I qualify.
A word about Philipp Kohlschreiber, your next opponent ...
One thing is sure, I'll have to play better.he is in the Top 50 (49th to be exact). I beat three members of this "club" this season: Xavier Malisse (45th) in Auckland, "Mika" Llodra (34th) Metz and Feliciano Lopez (21st) at Challenger of Orleans.
After a difficult start of the season, you have chained some good results in recent weeks ...
In difficult times, in terms of results or health, either my shoulder or my elbow, I wondering to myself. When there will be no more fun, I'll stop. But, I'm excited to start the 2012 season. I love playing tennis, I have this for me. The first six months of the year was difficult, I was looking for reasons to continue (smile). And these two, three months, I found fun.
What was the trigger?
Until the US Open in late August, it was complicated. then I had a long discussion with Guy (Forget). What he said was very helpful. He asked: "how do you want to play? How can you have fun? You're going to work like that, you'll focus on some aspect of your game and you're going to focus on it." I play more forward, I attack more. Since my return from the United States, I'm rather at a good pace, I no more chained 1st Round losses. "

Forget is his guru :lol:

Marine
11-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Kezzi, you're in Paris ?? :D
Have fun tomorrow...

Kezzi
11-05-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm not in Paris yet, but I will be on Monday. :)
Thanks Marine ;)

soulage
11-06-2011, 07:45 AM
He plays with anti-inflammatory for his shoulder :sad: Never trust him when he says it's OK :lol: :p I think the serve will be tough today again

soulage
11-06-2011, 05:51 PM
He lost 57/61/16 Wta scoreline :lol:

There were also an article in le parisien this morning

Via
11-06-2011, 11:41 PM
no fairy tale here :sad:

soulage
11-07-2011, 07:35 PM
With the good draw of Kohli he could have dream of a third round :sad: but well don't look back

They are not in the oop for tomorrow so doubles is wednesday

Funny news is that is Arno is supposed have been a judge for one episode of the french version Top Chef which was recording today in Bercy :lol: We'll see if it's true

Kezzi
11-07-2011, 10:26 PM
It is true, they showed a little video of it on the big screen during the evening session. Llodra was also in it, but I was too late with my camera to record it. The chefs were at the stadium today watching. We were looking at them and thinking "WHAT is that?" :lol: A group of people all in white with camera's in their faces, it looked funny.
We haven't seen Arnaud in real life so far, he wasn't at Nico's match. We only went to the night session.
Does anyone know if it's possible to attend training?

Fat Camel
11-09-2011, 05:18 PM
They won 7-6(6) 6-4!! :)

Kezzi
11-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Yes :D
It was quite funny, they got to play on center court, cause there was a pipe leaking at court 2. Then a little into the match we heard a bang, we didn't see anything, so we thought someone dropped something. A few points after that, Sergiy discovers broken glass on the court, so that had to get cleaned as well. And both times when the players were waiting, they were talking and laughing together. :)

soulage
11-10-2011, 08:11 AM
A glass on court :confused: :lol: Somebody drunk on it :lol: Sergiy and Arno on a same court that was a good point for you :) Did you see Arno he was doing signatures in the early afternoon. I assume yes :angel:

They play again today and against the two polish guys who try to qualify for London so motivated. Otherwise Arno withdraws from Brastislava with that shoulder I think it's the better option. Some pics of the doubles http://spoportivement.blogspot.com/2011/11/bercy-day-3-quelques-frenchies.html

Kezzi
11-10-2011, 11:55 AM
It wasn't from a glass to drink, I think a lightbulb exploded, because we also heard a bang right before. :)
Yes, I saw him at the autographs, he was really nice. There's a picture where he gives me my photo back on the French Arnaud forum. You don't see us, but I asked him to sign with a different pen, so I recognized the pen on the photo :lol:
I hope the others on court 1 hurry up so we can still see Arnaud's match today.

soulage
11-10-2011, 07:52 PM
A lightbulb :eek: dangerous :eek: I saw 2 pics on twitter but of course i didn't know if we see your pen :lol: They lost 36/36. Season over unless he goes in helsinki but i don't think :devil:. We'll see if he takes part to the Interclub with Marignane in N1A.

Few short videos have been posted on his facebook http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=146996155348419it's very short but he says he continues in 2012 where his priority will be pleasure then of course he would like to play big tournaments not only challengers. His programm will be different than past years more light especially because of that shoulder which is painful by period. He will try to mix the places where he wants to go and the place he has to go.

Via
11-10-2011, 10:14 PM
*sighs* that sounds like i'll see him if i see him.

thanks soulage, i think you can close off the thread soon!

Kezzi
11-11-2011, 10:27 AM
The reason was never confirmed, but that's what I think. I don't know another reason for broken glass to suddenly appear. :scratch:
On the first pic you posted you can see the pen. :lol:

Thanks for translating what he says in the video. I hope he really wants to go to NL again. ;) And Halle, but that depends on the ranking of course.