08-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Result from early matches

Spain - Poland 83:78
Serbia - Italy 80:68
Montenegro - Macedonia 70:65 after Extra Time
Belgium - Georgia 59:81

dinkulpus
08-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Now we made a very good first half against Slovenia, the result is 25:29 I believe we can win this :wavey:

Gagsquet
08-31-2011, 04:51 PM
Horrendous performance from France against poor Latvia. An ugly win.
Not a nice start from the favorite.

dinkulpus
08-31-2011, 04:54 PM
We lead 5 points 4 minutes before the end and lost with 7 :sad:

Result from afternoon matches

Turkey - Portugal 79:56
France - Latvia 89:78 (31 points for Parker)
Greece - Bosnia and Herzegovina 76:67
Slovenia - Portugal 67:59

Armless
08-31-2011, 04:55 PM
Spain had major troubles with Poland:o Great stuff from Georgia :yeah:

dinkulpus
08-31-2011, 05:04 PM
Spain had major troubles with Poland:o Great stuff from Georgia :yeah:

Spain won because of the Gasol, who made a great match :yeah:

I don't expect any surprise from evening matches, maybe Israel, but Germany with Dirk should take this :yeah:

Jelena
08-31-2011, 07:52 PM
Germany-Israel 91-64

kingroger
08-31-2011, 08:00 PM
Dirk with 25 points and 71% field goals! Great game considering he only had 1,5 months off....0

Grinder
09-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Janis Blums was incredible for Latvia, they came close to upsetting France.

32 points and 6 assists....went head to head with Tony Parker

bad gambler
09-01-2011, 01:34 AM
LOL Dirk just picks up where he left off in the NBA Finals even with limited preparation.

Arkulari
09-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Pau was the MoTM, the team would have lost without him, hopefully they can pick it up.
The Ibaka/Pau connection seems interesting on paper, let's see what those two towers can do ;)

SloKid
09-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Now we made a very good first half against Slovenia, the result is 25:29 I believe we can win this :wavey:
We played just enough to win imo and should improve as the tournament goes on.

Dragic brothers ran the show.

dinkulpus
09-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Early session in Lithunia

Serbia - Latvia 92:77
Spain - Portugal 87:73
Bosnia and Herzegovina - Montenegro 94:86
Bulgaria - Belgium 68:65 :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Grinder
09-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Bulgaria - Belgium was a heck of a game. Van Rossom from Belgium was really good. Bulgaria really relies on their naturalized American player Earl Rowland.

deyaT87
09-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Serbia - Latvia 92:77 not very good game,many ups and downs, but victory is a victory :D
I expect the third victory tomorrow against Israel :D

dinkulpus
09-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Afternoon results

Great Britain - Turkey 61:90
Israel - France 68:85
Finland - Turkey 61:81
Georgia - Russia 58:65

SwiSha
09-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Italy is fucking horrible

dinkulpus
09-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Evening session

Lithuania - Poland 97:77
Italy - Germany 62:76
Macedonia - Croatia 78:76
Ukraine - Slovenia 64:68

Tomorrow there will be games only in group A and B, it's a rest day for C and D :wavey:

SloKid
09-01-2011, 07:57 PM
4th quarter :help:

dinkulpus
09-01-2011, 08:03 PM
In Group C it will be a great battle :wavey:, 4 teams have 1 win and 1 lose :eek:

Armless
09-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Pirmyn LTU!:worship: Good victory over Turkey.

Gagsquet
09-02-2011, 08:23 PM
France looks really strong. That win against Germany was convincing.

dinkulpus
09-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Tomorrow final before final : Lithuania - Spain :inlove:

Arkulari
09-04-2011, 04:41 AM
OMG what happened to Petravicius? :eek:
I guess Valanciunas is going to play for the rest of the tournament :o
Well if the coach counts with him, because he didn't do well in the few times he's played lately, specially against Poland.

Grinder
09-04-2011, 04:43 AM
OMG what happened to Petravicius? :eek:
I guess Valanciunas is going to play for the rest of the tournament :o

Probably a blessing in disguise, Valanciunas was their most efficient player against Spain in friendlies

Arkulari
09-04-2011, 04:45 AM
Yes but it seems like the coach doesn't trust him very much, he played against Poland and made 5 faults in like 18 minutes and then against Turkey he wasn't even able to play.

It is a big blow to Lithuania but they are still very dangerous, it's the first "real" test Spain will get in the tournament.

Kaukenas, Pocius and Jasaitis are nightmares :eek:

Luinir
09-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Spain should win this tournament. I will be very happy with semi final. (i mean Turkey)

Bring some nostalgia...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTYx8jQqdHE

One of the best Eurobasket matches ever. 2001 semis Turkey at home against Germany. Germany had Nowitzki, Okulaja, Pesic. Turkey had Turkoglu and Kutluay. Turkey won in overtime with 79-78, then lost to Yugoslovia in the final.

Turkoglu 23 pts - 11 rb
Kutluay 24 pts

Nowitzki 22 pts - 10 rb
Okulaja 18 pts - 17 rb

Turkey has still some players from that squad. Tunceri, Turkoglu, Onan and Okur... Also Orhun Ene from that squad is now coach of the team.

Grinder
09-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Yes but it seems like the coach doesn't trust him very much, he played against Poland and made 5 faults in like 18 minutes and then against Turkey he wasn't even able to play.

It is a big blow to Lithuania but they are still very dangerous, it's the first "real" test Spain will get in the tournament.

Kaukenas, Pocius and Jasaitis are nightmares :eek:

Yeah, I think he was nervous finally getting some minutes in that game. In terms of potential, no one else on that team is close to Valanciunas. Petravicius was pretty much only good for getting to the FT line...couldn't rebound or defend.

Kaukenas and Jasaitis are going to have a very, very tough time defending Navarro and Fernandez. Spain's a class above Lithuania at every position. Even their bench guys - Llull, San Emeterio, Ibaka, and Reyes are better than the Lithuanian starters.

Luinir
09-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Poland beat Turkey 84-83

Turkey has to win tomorrow against Spain.

StoGas
09-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Baaad start against Spain :mad:

Arkulari
09-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Navarro scored 15 points in the 1st quarter :eek:

Arkulari
09-04-2011, 06:49 PM
62-36 2nd quarter. :eek:

Armless
09-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Props to the Spaniards. They made a show in the first half, ridiculous offense. We've lost, but that doesn't mean we will give up. There's a perfect saying for this kind of a situation: you have won the battle, but you lost the war. I hope we will meet again in Kaunas, the war will begin there, may fortune lead us to victory :D

Har-Tru
09-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Easy. :cool:

Gagsquet
09-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Lithuania has a clown team. So funny.

Armless
09-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Lithuania has a clown team. So funny.
Look who's talking :rolleyes:

Gagsquet
09-04-2011, 08:47 PM

Title is for France or Spain. Face it.

Grinder
09-04-2011, 09:21 PM

France is much more talented than Lithuania. Lithuania can only beat them with the home crowd behind them and if France plays a bad game.

France and Spain are the cream of the crop.

dinkulpus
09-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Lithuania, Spain, Germany, Spain, France, Russia, Slovenia and Macedonia are in second stage :wavey:

Poland beat Turkey :eek:

Arkulari
09-05-2011, 02:11 AM
Spain simply regulated the team, had it continued like it was in the first half it would have been an assraping of epic results, Lithuania started to make themselves present in the score once our guys lowered their level.

Machiavelli
09-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Croatia dreadful so far, we could still qualify if we def. an equally bad Greek team, but maybe better we fail, and the coach gets sacked and the mafioso's who run the Croatian federation are forced to step down too, because Croatia went out in the 1st group phase for the 1st time in our history...

Just plain horrible

Luinir
09-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Let's go Great Britain!

zlaja777
09-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Picking Serbia to win against France today. They have the best roster after Spain imo.

Luinir
09-05-2011, 02:00 PM
YES! Britain defeats Poland and we got through. Now we desperately need win against Spain today.

dinkulpus
09-05-2011, 02:28 PM
We beat Georgia 79:69, but that is not enough to go in next round, we should won with 14 :sad:
Now if Ukraine beat Belgium - Georgia advance, if Belgium win - we will advance.

Let's go Belgium :angel:

Armless
09-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Title is for France or Spain. Face it.
I agree with Spain, their way ahead of everyone else. But I can't see why you're so confident with France. So what if they have Parker and other NBA players, names don't mean everything in basketball. Lithuania is a team, France is a team of individuals.

Gagsquet
09-05-2011, 03:43 PM
You wish France is not a team but you are wrong.
The starting five of France is just devastating (Parker-Batum-Gelabale-Diaw-Noah)

Luinir
09-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Sick. We beat Spain 65-57.

4th quarter score: Turkey 16-2 Spain

Spain couldn't score in the last 9 minutes.

Armless
09-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Perfect example of Spain without P.Gasol. Now Spain, Lithuania and Turkey have 1 victory each. It's going to be fun in Vilnius.

Gagsquet
09-05-2011, 04:49 PM
I didn't see that match. I would have wanted to see this fourth quarter. Turkey beating Spain is really SICK.

Grinder
09-05-2011, 04:54 PM
You wish France is not a team but you are wrong.
The starting five of France is just devastating (Parker-Batum-Gelabale-Diaw-Noah)

Imagine if Mickael Pietrus, Rodrigue Beaubois, Johan Petro, and Ronny Turiaf were healthy.

Parker - Beaubois - Albicy
Pietrus - De Colo
Batum - Gelabale
Diaw - Seraphin
Noah - Turiaf - Petro

They could always call Mahinmi, Ajinça, Diot, Causeur and M'Baye as well. Then there's young guys like Fournier, Gobert, Yeguete, etc. coming up. This team will only get better.

Luinir
09-05-2011, 04:58 PM
I didn't see that match. I would have wanted to see this fourth quarter. Turkey beating Spain is really SICK.

Yep, it's surprise but not like it's the biggest upset ever. Turkey beated Spain in 2009 Eurobasket and Turkey was World Champ. finalist last year. Spain is the biggest favourite for title but Turkey is one of the favourites also.

peribsen
09-05-2011, 06:16 PM
The Turks have always been a pretty decent team. Cheers to all their fans here!

But this is far from over.....

SwiSha
09-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Imagine if Mickael Pietrus, Rodrigue Beaubois, Johan Petro, and Ronny Turiaf were healthy.

Parker - Beaubois - Albicy
Pietrus - De Colo
Batum - Gelabale
Diaw - Seraphin
Noah - Turiaf - Petro

They could always call Mahinmi, Ajinça, Diot, Causeur and M'Baye as well. Then there's young guys like Fournier, Gobert, Yeguete, etc. coming up. This team will only get better.

having good players and talent were never the issue with the french team, it was about if they figure how to play FIBA BALL together, i think it is a good thing that M.Pietrus (was always terrible playing for France) and Beaubois are not with em, makes it much easier to define the roles with Tony as their leader

dinkulpus
09-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Тhanks Belgium :mad::mad::mad:
Finland go to next stage :eek:

Armless
09-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Great match between France and Serbia - 97-96 after OT to the French :yeah:. Savanovic :o

dinkulpus
09-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Next stage

Group E

France 2-0
Serbia 1-1
Spain 1-1
Lithuania 1-1
Turkey 1-1
Germany 0-2

Group F

Macedonia 2-0
Russia 2-0
Slovenia 1-1
Greece 1-1
Finland 0-2
Georgia 0-2

Gagsquet
09-05-2011, 08:10 PM
What a thriller this Serbia-France.

France won 97-96 AP
Serbia missed an EASY shot 2 seconds before the buzzer. Incredible.

dinkulpus
09-05-2011, 08:11 PM
What a thriller this Serbia-France.

France won 97-96 AP
Serbia miss an EASY shot 2 seconds before the buzzer. Incredible.

Very big step for France for the 1/4 finals :wavey:

Arkulari
09-06-2011, 08:23 AM
the Basket team without Pau is like the football team without Iniesta, pretty damn clueless :lol:

Ibaka and Marc just went crazy and started fouling everyone, San Emeterio couldn't do anything against Preldzic, Navarro didn't show up much...

Machiavelli
09-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Basketball in Europe arrived at a new low, American players massively playing under European flags:

McCaleb - Macedonia
DOmercant - Bosnia and Herzegovina
Cook - Montenegro
Kaman - Germany
Draper - Croatia
Deng - GB

and so on...

Even mother Russia had a black american player, Germany used to have a couple of them; Spain has Ibaka;

Croatia with an american player for me will never be the same again; in football you have to wait 5 years until FIFA allows you to register a foreign player for your national team; in Basketball it gets done in a second;

24 teams EURO??? only reason was allowing the Italians to play because they failed to qualify properly; plain sick stuff, FIBA mafioso's

Disgusting Championship so far...

SloKid
09-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Basketball in Europe arrived at a new low, American players massively playing under European flags:

Deng - GB
It's unfair to put Deng in the same group as the other ones, he's not even American. He's from Sudan with his family having emigrated to the UK, when he was a kid. He did then go and play basketball in the US from the high school level onwards.

Machiavelli
09-06-2011, 09:17 AM
It's unfair to put Deng in the same group as the other ones, he's not even American. He's from Sudan with his family having emigrated to the UK, when he was a kid. He did then go and play basketball in the US from the high school level onwards.

my mistake, you are right, but still makes no difference, I have nothing against Americans playing in Europe, in fact McCaleb for example is an amazing point guard, but what are his connections to FYROM?? Zero to none

SloKid
09-06-2011, 09:21 AM
my mistake, you are right, but still makes no difference, I have nothing against Americans playing in Europe, in fact McCaleb for example is an amazing point guard, but what are his connections to FYROM?? Zero to none
Yes, I agree. On the positive side at least there's the rule of only being able to have one naturalised player in the team. Look at handball, it's much more of a joke, players can change national teams almost as easily as clubs. Look at Iztok Puc (to keep it tennis related, since he's the father of a tennis player and who is currently in a very poor health condition, cause of cancer), won the Atlanta olympic gold with Croatia and then helped Slovenia to reach the Sydney olympics, where he also represented us

Slovenia had an American playing for the national team ages ago with McDonald. :o

Grinder
09-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Slovenia has also used Vidmar and Begic as naturalized players I believe.

I don't have a problem with it as long as it's limited to only one per team.

Serbia - France was a hell of a game yesterday.

Big props to Finland and Macedonia for qualifying to the next stage.

SloKid
09-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Slovenia has also used Vidmar and Begic as naturalized players I believe.

I don't have a problem with it as long as it's limited to only one per team.
Vidmar is as Slovenian as they get. Maybe you confused him with Preldzic, as they are teammates at Fenerbahce. Preldzic came to Slovenia, was given citizenship and also played for our national team. Then he was influenced by the Bosnians and later the Turks and refused to play for us, but he wasn't allowed to play for any of them either. That was until earlier this year the Slovenian basketball federation wrote to FIBA and gave their permission, so he could play for other national teams and again he turned his back on his country of birth and is now playing for Turkey.

Begic is naturalised, he came to Slovenia as a teenager and never even considered not playing for Slovenia, because he feels a lot of gratitude for the way he was accepted here, when he was a nobody and had nothing, opposite of Preldzic and their reception with the fans is as you can imagine entirely different.

We've had quite a few naturalised players in the past, mainly from ex-Yugoslavia (Golemac, Čapin, Modrič, we also wanted to get Stepania, but he played for youth selections in Georgia).

Grinder
09-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Vidmar is as Slovenian as they get. Maybe you confused him with Preldzic, as they are teammates at Fenerbahce. Preldzic came to Slovenia, was given citizenship and also played for our national team. Then he was influenced by the Bosnians and later the Turks and refused to play for us, but he wasn't allowed to play for any of them either. That was until earlier this year the Slovenian basketball federation wrote to FIBA and gave their permission, so he could play for other national teams and again he turned his back on his country of birth and is now playing for Turkey.

Begic is naturalised, he came to Slovenia as a teenager and never even considered not playing for Slovenia, because he feels a lot of gratitude for the way he was accepted here, when he was a nobody and had nothing, opposite of Preldzic and their reception with the fans is as you can imagine entirely different.

We've had quite a few naturalised players in the past, mainly from ex-Yugoslavia (Golemac, Čapin, Modrič, we also wanted to get Stepania, but he played for youth selections in Georgia).

I meant Hasan Rizvic rather than Vidmar. I know about Preldzic...not surprising considering some of the players from the Turkish team (Arsen Ilyasov from Turkey aka Ersan Ilyasova and Ermal Kuqo from Albania now known as Ermal Kurtoglu).

One thing that annoys me is it seems like a lot of people take offense to American/African players getting naturalized but you rarely hear about the same people complaining about Mirotic for Spain.

Back to tournament though - I've been really impressed by Zoran Dragic. He's outplayed his brother so far.

Machiavelli
09-06-2011, 01:58 PM
I meant Hasan Rizvic rather than Vidmar. I know about Preldzic...not surprising considering some of the players from the Turkish team (Arsen Ilyasov from Turkey aka Ersan Ilyasova and Ermal Kuqo from Albania now known as Ermal Kurtoglu).

One thing that annoys me is it seems like a lot of people take offense to American/African players getting naturalized but you rarely hear about the same people complaining about Mirotic for Spain.

Back to tournament though - I've been really impressed by Zoran Dragic. He's outplayed his brother so far.
It is not about being pro-American or not, or pro Afro-american players or not; for example for the Croatian national football team we have a born Brazilian playing for us, but Eduardo came to Croatia at the age of 15, he knows the language, accepted the Croatian culture, even married here, that makes sense, because he got his citizenship in legitimate way;

Kuqo, Preldzic, Ilyasova they all speak Turkish now, maybe even feel themselves as Turks; or Rizvic can identify himself with the Slovenians;

But Kaman what has he got in common with Germany??? Does not speak a single word, maybe was in Germany 2/3 times before in his life!
McCaleb and Macedonia? ?? Has he ever played there? What sort of connection does he have? Does he understand a single word of macedonian? Will he ever come back to Skopje after he retires?

Same goes for Draper, Cook or Domercant; in my eyes those are only mercenaries, who are here for the money, they are able to show what they have got at big stages, and that's it; show play for a better job next season or in the future; skin color is not the problem, we are not racists; Kaman, Ibaka, or McCaleb? for me there is no differnce..

Mirotic is a slightly different story; like Preldzic....

Snowwy
09-06-2011, 03:17 PM
How has Jonas Valanciunas looked so far?

Grinder
09-06-2011, 04:37 PM
It is not about being pro-American or not, or pro Afro-american players or not; for example for the Croatian national football team we have a born Brazilian playing for us, but Eduardo came to Croatia at the age of 15, he knows the language, accepted the Croatian culture, even married here, that makes sense, because he got his citizenship in legitimate way;

Kuqo, Preldzic, Ilyasova they all speak Turkish now, maybe even feel themselves as Turks; or Rizvic can identify himself with the Slovenians;

But Kaman what has he got in common with Germany??? Does not speak a single word, maybe was in Germany 2/3 times before in his life!
McCaleb and Macedonia? ?? Has he ever played there? What sort of connection does he have? Does he understand a single word of macedonian? Will he ever come back to Skopje after he retires?

Same goes for Draper, Cook or Domercant; in my eyes those are only mercenaries, who are here for the money, they are able to show what they have got at big stages, and that's it; show play for a better job next season or in the future; skin color is not the problem, we are not racists; Kaman, Ibaka, or McCaleb? for me there is no differnce..

Mirotic is a slightly different story; like Preldzic....

Not saying you're racist or anti-American - but Kaman just benefited from having a German grandfather. Look at Greece, their starting lineup has 3 American players that were born and raised in the US - Koufos, Calathes, and Bramos. I don't think any of those guys speak Greek. Mirotic is no different from Ibaka, they both came to Spain in their teens and developed their basketball there. Ibaka does speak Spanish.

Snowwy - Valanciunas hasn't gotten a ton of minutes. He had a good game against Spain and 2 sub par ones against Portugal and Poland.

Arkulari
09-06-2011, 10:51 PM

McCaleb - Macedonia
DOmercant - Bosnia and Herzegovina
Cook - Montenegro
Kaman - Germany
Draper - Croatia
Deng - GB

and so on...

Even mother Russia had a black american player, Germany used to have a couple of them; Spain has Ibaka;

Croatia with an american player for me will never be the same again; in football you have to wait 5 years until FIFA allows you to register a foreign player for your national team; in Basketball it gets done in a second;

24 teams EURO??? only reason was allowing the Italians to play because they failed to qualify properly; plain sick stuff, FIBA mafioso's

Disgusting Championship so far...

:scratch: Ibaka came to Spain in 2005, when he was still a kid (16 years old) and entered the L'Hospitalet youth ranks, after that he played for Joventut, Alicante, Manresa...

now he's playing NBA, but he's as American as Nowitzki, Gasol or Parker.

zlaja777
09-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Turkey vs. France and Lithuania vs. Serbia today. Some great matches to watch in case it's rain delay in NY.

SwiSha
09-07-2011, 02:16 AM

Germany a couple of them? source? Robert Garrett, Ademola Okulaja and Demond Greene are as german as someone called Heinz, Klaus or Peter...

the only black american player who never played a role and never made the team was Julian Sensley

Gagsquet
09-07-2011, 10:37 AM
France-Turkey is a cracker. Can't wait.

As for France-Spain in few days. God, it will be awesome.

Har-Tru
09-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Good win against Germany.

LOL at Kaman playing for Germany...

Gagsquet
09-07-2011, 04:49 PM
France beat Turkey 68-64

:rocker2:

Armless
09-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Great quality so far from Lithuania, insane percentage.

StoGas
09-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Great win against Serbia. Can't wait for Lithuania-France :eek:

Gagsquet
09-07-2011, 08:49 PM
According to Armless, France is a mug team. So you will crush us I guess.

SwiSha
09-08-2011, 05:55 AM
Spain needs to step it up, that was a bad performance against a shitty german squad

Tenisci
09-08-2011, 06:02 AM
Turkey :sad:

shiaben
09-08-2011, 06:15 AM
Turkey is not impressive this year. They are good, but not great.

France has a very deadly squad. No signs of anybody slowing down Parker.

They could potentially give Spain a run for its title.

I'm impressed with Lithuania's low post domination :)

Luinir
09-08-2011, 06:36 AM
If we can win against Germany, the match against Serbia will be epic. Spain, France and Lithaunia already qualified for quarter final imho. The last spot goes to winner of the Serbia-Turkey match.

Nole Rules
09-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Hopefully Turkey will make it.

dinkulpus
09-08-2011, 10:42 AM
If we can win against Germany, the match against Serbia will be epic. Spain, France and Lithaunia already qualified for quarter final imho. The last spot goes to winner of the Serbia-Turkey match.

Serbia will try to find revenge for lost 1/2 final last year :cool:

Armless
09-08-2011, 01:20 PM
According to Armless, France is a mug team. So you will crush us I guess.
You're exaggerating, but I sincerely hope we will beat your squad :)

Grinder
09-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Spectacular finish in the Macedonia - Georgia game. McCalebb with a game winner to finish with 27 points and lead Macedonia to their first ever top 8 (at least) finish. Top 5 player in Europe IMO.

SwiSha
09-08-2011, 09:01 PM
that was an awful game to watch, McCalebb is a stud dunno about top5 though ;)

Grinder
09-08-2011, 11:33 PM
that was an awful game to watch, McCalebb is a stud dunno about top5 though ;)

Top players in Europe currently, IMO:
Navarro
McCalebb
Teodosic
Lorbek
Diamantidis

SwiSha
09-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Top players in Europe currently, IMO:
Navarro
McCalebb
Teodosic
Lorbek
Diamantidis

agree with Navarro, Milos, Lorbek and Diamantidis... the last spot i d give to Spanoulis or Zizis... ( a healthy Smodis would be a no brainer )

Gagsquet
09-09-2011, 10:31 AM
France-Lithuania H-7,5

peribsen
09-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Spain needs to step it up, that was a bad performance against a shitty german squad

Your wishes are our commands, sir. Serbia to the sword!

Vida
09-09-2011, 04:06 PM
:facepalm: they completely killed us.

Gagsquet
09-09-2011, 04:42 PM
84-59 :lol:

StoGas
09-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Lithuania - France :rocker2:

Arkulari
09-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Fuck yeah Spain! 26 points for Pau, baby :rocker2:

http://estaticos03.marca.com/albumes/2011/09/09/fotones_serbia_espana/1315580809_extras_albumes_0.jpg

http://estaticos03.marca.com/albumes/2011/09/09/fotones_serbia_espana/1315580632_extras_albumes_0.jpg

http://estaticos03.marca.com/albumes/2011/09/09/fotones_serbia_espana/1315580590_extras_albumes_0.jpg

http://estaticos03.marca.com/albumes/2011/09/09/fotones_serbia_espana/1315580389_extras_albumes_0.jpg

Armless
09-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Not the shooting like in the Serbia match, but oh well, you can't play like that every time. Props to France for the great D and fighting for every rebound.

Gagsquet
09-09-2011, 07:53 PM
France :rocker2: We just crushed Lithuania.
Give us a real team please!

Armless
09-09-2011, 07:55 PM
France :rocker2: We just crushed Lithuania.
Give us a real team please!

"crushed" :rolleyes: Enjoy your win, but don't mock others.

Gagsquet
09-09-2011, 07:59 PM

I don't mock anyone.

I call a cat a cat. Outplaying Lithuania favourite of the Euro (with Spain) in front of his homecrowd is a tremendous performance.

Armless
09-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Fair enough.

Gagsquet
09-09-2011, 08:05 PM
But I recognize Lithuania shoot percentage was disastrous.

I can't wait quarter-finals start but France-Spain is a good match to wait :drool:

Grinder
09-09-2011, 08:06 PM

France played like crap and still won fairly comfortably. The only consistent player from France was De Colo. Not bad for a "team of individual players" huh?

France is just the superior team with superior players at every position.

Armless
09-09-2011, 08:19 PM
We'll see how they will do in the latter stages. They were superior in 2009 aswell, but went being without medals. Of course, they have Noah now, athletic wise they're the strongest in Europe, but they still grind their game on individuals, not on a team effort. Collet is doing a great job putting them together, might just need some time to establish to each others roles and forge a good team chemistry.

Har-Tru
09-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Lithuania has seen better times to be honest, they're very competitive and you can see they all love the game, but their team is quite weak compared to some years ago.

Armless
09-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Yes they had, but the team is a good mix of old veterans like Jasikevicius and Kaukenas, and a bunch of young talents, like Valanciunas. All this team lacks is a true leader, preferably Kleiza, pity he got injured at the worst possible time.

Getta
09-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Look at Greece, their starting lineup has 3 American players that were born and raised in the US - Koufos, Calathes, and Bramos. I don't think any of those guys speak Greek.

Pat Calathes: third genaration Greek-American. he and his brother Nick are currently playing for Greek team Panathinaikos.
Mike Bramos: third (or, is it second? not sure :scratch:) generation Greek-American, his family are immigrants from Amaliada, in the Peloponnese region. two years ago played for Greek team Peristeri, currently in Spain.
Κosta Koufos: his parents immigrants from Peloponnese too (his father from Messenia, his mother from Corinth - both in Peloponnese area, South Greece). currently playing for Denver Nuggets?

point is that not surprisingly many Greeks here in Greece perceive second- and third-generation Greek-Americans as way more conservative than us "real" Greeks and often as a source of embarrassment. such is their obsession to preserve the Greek culture that they seem to us so "foreignly" developed unnatural über-Greeks. so, maybe, just maybe, you made a valid point that i felt needed further clarification.

SwiSha
09-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Lithuania has seen better times to be honest, they're very competitive and you can see they all love the game, but their team is quite weak compared to some years ago.

yes they have seen better times, but it is not a weak team, lots of promising young players for the top european level...

a lot of players are missing too, Siskauskas, Kleiza and one of the Lavrinovic brothers i think

Gagsquet
09-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Gelabale injured. Hope he will be ok for quarters. It's our only reliable 3 points shooter.

zerocool_
09-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Hope this won't happend again.

yA47Y1RzJqk

Gagsquet
09-11-2011, 11:13 AM
H-4 before the true classic of this champ: Spain-France

Armless
09-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Looks like France wants to lose this, playing without Parker and Noah :o Probably targeting for a SF vs Russia.

Gagsquet
09-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Yes it's ugly to watch

Har-Tru
09-11-2011, 04:46 PM
69-96... quite a tough beating.

Armless
09-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Smart people, those frenchies. Made themselves an easier path to the finals now.

Gagsquet
09-11-2011, 05:31 PM
That was painful. I don't know if it's a good tactic: imagine if we lose against Greece :o

deyaT87
09-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Hope this won't happend again.

yA47Y1RzJqk

Almost :D
Thanks God Serbia won this time :D

Steelq
09-11-2011, 11:07 PM
France choosing their opponents again,but with such a strong team they possess,i don't think it will backfire on them this time.Well the other group being so shitty also helps.

Arkulari
09-12-2011, 07:19 AM
And people say tanking doesn't exist in pro sports :haha: :haha: :lol:

peribsen
09-12-2011, 08:41 AM
We didn't only beat France, we "omeletted" them.

Ugly lack of sportsmanship from the French, though, wonder if they'll pay their money back to the fans who had to live through this charade.

Gagsquet
09-12-2011, 01:26 PM
What a bunch of arrogant Spanish.
So insecure they are, they congratulate themselves for this fake win.

Har-Tru
09-12-2011, 03:18 PM
What a bunch of arrogant Spanish.
So insecure they are, they congratulate themselves for this fake win.

Been reading your posts for a while and I must grant you you are a very consequent person. You are an asshole, and you don't try to hide it.

Gagsquet
09-12-2011, 03:32 PM
:lol:
Spanish posters insulting French team for this strategic and smart tank yesterday but I am the asshole for highlighting their arrogant posts.
NID :lol:

Har-Tru
09-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Who insulted the French team?

Gagsquet
09-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Peribsen's post is insulting for French team in my opinion.

Har-Tru
09-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Peribsen's post is insulting for French team in my opinion.

Firstly, that would be a Spanish poster, not posters. So you're insulting Arkulari and me by unfairly accusing us of insulting others and by calling us arrogant, and I demand an apology.

Secondly, peribsen made a moral judgement about the French team's tactics, saying it is unethical for them to purposely lose a game, and that it's unfair towards the spectators who paid to see a basketball game and were given a pantomime. Now if you define that as an insult, you must feel insulted every five minutes...

Gagsquet
09-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Firstly, that would be a Spanish poster, not posters. So you're insulting Arkulari and me by unfairly accusing us of insulting others and by calling us arrogant, and I demand an apology.

I didn't see Arkulari's post and I have nothing against it, my post didn't concern him. But your post was sarcastic enough to be include in arrogant posters considering the context of this match even if it was not an insult.

Secondly, peribsen made a moral judgement about the French team's tactics, saying it is unethical for them to purposely lose a game, and that it's unfair towards the spectators who paid to see a basketball game and were given a pantomime. Now if you define that as an insult, you must feel insulted every five minutes...

"Ugly lack of sportsmanship" is an insult for a great team like France. Especially when it's totally wrong.

Har-Tru
09-12-2011, 04:09 PM
I didn't see Arkulari's post and I have nothing against it, my post didn't concern him. But your post was sarcastic enough to be include in arrogant posters considering the context of this match even if it was not an insult.

Her, Arkulari it's a she.

And do me a favour will you, stop drawing conclusions from my posts out of your hat and calling me names as a result of them. There was no sarcasm at all in my post.

"Ugly lack of sportsmanship" is an insult for a great team like France. Especially when it's totally wrong.

You might think France is a great, sportsmanlike team, and peribsen might think otherwise. But again, calling him arrogant and accusing him of insulting just because of his view (which, you have to admit, has a pretty good argumental basis) is being incredibly anal.

You might want to actually have a reasonable conversation and expand on why you think he's wrong?

Gagsquet
09-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Ok for Arkulari. Sorry for this mistake.
If you say your post was not sarcastic, I believe you but it gave the opposite impression (for me) at first reading.

Fact: France was qualified for quarters before this match.
Firstly, Gelabale was injured, Noah was injured, Parker was tired. Our starting five NEEDED a rest for the next matches of the Championship. Is this a lack of sportsmanship? NO
Secondly, strategically, losing against Spain was not a bad move. Is this a lack of sportsmanship? NO it's the game.

Calling France's attitude yesterday "an ugly lack of sportsmanship" is an insult, sorry.

Har-Tru
09-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Ok for Arkulari. Sorry for this mistake.
If you say your post was not sarcastic, I believe you but it gave the opposite impression (for me) at first reading.

Fact: France was qualified for quarters before this match.
Firstly, Gelabale was injured, Noah was injured, Parker was tired. Our starting five NEEDED a rest for the next matches of the Championship. Is this a lack of sportsmanship? NO
Secondly, strategically, losing against Spain was not a bad move. Is this a lack of sportsmanship? NO it's the game.

Calling France's attitude yesterday "an ugly lack of sportsmanship" is an insult, sorry.

I'll accept your claims as to the health and fitness condition of the French players since I don't have enough information on the subject.

Your points are well-known, fair enough. One could claim, though, that the purpose of the game is giving your best to win, not to lose.

That's what I'm saying, it's a debate, not a kind of "this is the truth and if you say otherwise, you're being offensive" thing.

Jelena
09-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Sometimes your posts remind me of L'Equipe... only the Frenchies are good, all the others are crap, no matter what sport is in question. I don't say anything about the France-Spain match, cause I didn't see it, but please remember once, that athletes of other countries also know their sport. ;)

Gagsquet
09-12-2011, 04:48 PM
I read l'Equipe :)
Never I said other teams are crap. I even think Spain basketball team is better than French team.

shiaben
09-12-2011, 07:14 PM
I think the Gasol brothers were too much for the French. Maybe Noah can barely stick to one, but poor Diaw is 6'8, he must have been murdered down low post.

Luinir
09-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Spain-Slovenia
Russia-Serbia
Macedonia-Lithaunia
France-Greece

I hope Serbia and Greece loses.

peribsen
09-12-2011, 07:54 PM
84-59 :lol:

The trouble with people like Grassquet is that they feel free to laugh at the results of other teams (like Serbia in the example above), but then can't take anything about their own.

I have no intention of being rude to France or any other nation. France is a great country, for countless reasons, among which, sadly, the attitudes of some Frenchmen are not to be counted.

That said, I hold to my statement that the French team's attitude on Sunday showed "an ugly lack of sportsmanship"

In any group competition, not going for broke on a match you don't need to win is business as usual. Your best man/men need(s) a rest? Have him/they skip the match. Nothing wrong with that, we all do it. Quite another thing is going out on court with your arms down, even if you are aware that your result will affect other teams, unfairly. That is gamesmanship, of the most blatant sort.

But still, I have the suspicion that what got to you was the "omelette" part. You can make puns abut others, but others cannot pull jokes about your team.

Seems to me like you want to have two incompatible things at the same time. You should choose only one of them:

a) Either France behaved as is expected of an honourable sports team, really trying to win the match, or at least keeping it as close as they could, even if not going for broke on a match that wasn't vital for them, but Spain beat them to a pulp: France would then be an honourable team, but not nearly as good as some would hold them to be (the "omelette" part).

OR

b) France really is a great team and the result doesn't count because they tanked the match: Then France can still try to have us believe that they are very good, but they have dishonoured themselves for gamesmanship.

You can't have it both ways.

And the above doesn't change even if France ends up lifting the trophy.

shiaben
09-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Spain has been having a revolution in sports.

Golden era of Spanish sports.

Tennis, football, cycling, basketball, a lot of sports.

This is great for a country that's going through tough times.

Gagsquet
09-12-2011, 08:38 PM
The trouble with people like Grassquet is that they feel free to laugh at the results of other teams (like Serbia in the example above), but then can't take anything about their own.

I have no intention of being rude to France or any other nation. France is a great country, for countless reasons, among which, sadly, the attitudes of some Frenchmen are not to be counted.

That said, I hold to my statement that the French team's attitude on Sunday showed "an ugly lack of sportsmanship"

In any group competition, not going for broke on a match you don't need to win is business as usual. Your best man/men need(s) a rest? Have him/they skip the match. Nothing wrong with that, we all do it. Quite another thing is going out on court with your arms down, even if you are aware that your result will affect other teams, unfairly. That is gamesmanship, of the most blatant sort.

But still, I have the suspicion that what got to you was the "omelette" part. You can make puns abut others, but others cannot pull jokes about your team.

Seems to me like you want to have two incompatible things at the same time. You should choose only one of them:

a) Either France behaved as is expected of an honourable sports team, really trying to win the match, or at least keeping it as close as they could, even if not going for broke on a match that wasn't vital for them, but Spain beat them to a pulp: France would then be an honourable team, but not nearly as good as some would hold them to be (the "omelette" part).

OR

b) France really is a great team and the result doesn't count because they tanked the match: Then France can still try to have us believe that they are very good, but they have dishonoured themselves for gamesmanship.

You can't have it both ways.

And the above doesn't change even if France ends up lifting the trophy.

I choose neither a) and b) :bigwave: France is an honourable and sportsmanship team even if they tanked this match.

As for my laugh about Serbia-Spain result,that was quite arrogant yes but not insulting contrary to your "ugly lack of sportsmanship".

peribsen
09-13-2011, 12:19 AM
I choose neither a) and b) :bigwave: France is an honourable and sportsmanship team even if they tanked this match.

As for my laugh about Serbia-Spain result,that was quite arrogant yes but not insulting contrary to your "ugly lack of sportsmanship".

It wasn't insulting (I have no wish to insult any country), it was merely descriptive. And I'm sure that deep inside you know I'm right.

Arkulari
09-13-2011, 06:51 AM
Spain has been having a revolution in sports.

Golden era of Spanish sports.

Tennis, football, cycling, basketball, a lot of sports.

This is great for a country that's going through tough times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_in_Spain ;)

booa
09-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Sometimes your posts remind me of L'Equipe... only the Frenchies are good, all the others are crap, no matter what sport is in question. I don't say anything about the France-Spain match, cause I didn't see it, but please remember once, that athletes of other countries also know their sport. ;)

Is that the Lance Armstrong effect ?

I'm really tired of people (who most of the times have never read L'Equipe and can't even read French) accusing L'Equipe of being some sort of evil tabloid when it is actually a very respectable and serious sport newspaper.

Now apparently you are a regular L'Equipe reader, so please provide me some articles from L'Equipe claiming " only the Frenchies are good, all the others are crap".

A quick visit on lequipe.fr lead me to this article published just before the Eurobasket 2011 :

"La France derrière trois favoris
Sur la ligne de départ de l'Euro lituanien (début mercredi), trois équipes semblent au dessus du lot, dont l'une, l'Espagne, est la favorite. Mais une dizaine d'autres sont aptes à contester cette hiérarchie, dont la France. (...)"

which means (merci google translate)

"France behind three favorites
On the start line of the Lithuanian Euro (early Wednesday), three teams appear above the rest, one, Spain is the favorite. But a dozen others are able to challenge the hierarchy, including France."

Armless
09-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Yeah... No comment.

zlaja777
09-14-2011, 07:56 PM
OMG...what was that? Macedonia all the way :hatoff:

Har-Tru
09-14-2011, 08:00 PM
What will the French be thinking now? :rolls:

HeretiC
09-14-2011, 08:08 PM
I am completely out of my mind.
:yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee: :yippee::yippee::yippee:

Armless
09-14-2011, 08:15 PM
I am completely out of my mind.
:yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee: :yippee::yippee::yippee:
Grats;) but yeah, I'm speechless. And to think how much hype were put on this championship, I can't imagine what will happen tomorrow. Utter travesty I'd say, but it's not the end of the world. Spain now has the dream Semi:D

HeretiC
09-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Grats;) but yeah, I'm speechless. And to think how much hype were put on this championship, I can't imagine what will happen tomorrow. Utter travesty I'd say, but it's not the end of the world. Spain now has the dream Semi:D

Thank you.:worship: Well, one thing I know for sure, our guys won't go down without a fight.

Gagsquet
09-14-2011, 08:50 PM
What the fuck.
Our strategy is fucked up. :lol:

ssin
09-14-2011, 09:23 PM
M A C E D O N I A :worship:

ssin
09-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Thank you.:worship: Well, one thing I know for sure, our guys won't go down without a fight.

All the best, it's going to be extremely tough against them. But as of today we have to be great believers.

HeretiC
09-14-2011, 09:52 PM
M A C E D O N I A :worship:

All the best, it's going to be extremely tough against them. But as of today we have to be great believers.

:hearts:

Arkulari
09-14-2011, 10:51 PM
86-64 against Slovenia :rocker2:

Navarro scored 26 points, Pau 21 :worship:

http://estaticos04.marca.com/albumes/2011/09/14/espana_eslovenia_2011/1316021349_extras_albumes_0.jpg

Navarro vs Dragic after the latter injured Calderón :rolleyes:

HeretiC
09-15-2011, 01:37 PM
This is how town square in Skopje looked after the victory against Lithuania.

pAj6SLty-HA

Gagsquet
09-15-2011, 01:41 PM
This is how town square in Skopje looked after the victory against Lithuania.

pAj6SLty-HA

Insane :bowdown:

Imagine if you beat Spain :lol:

Har-Tru
09-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Pretty bad choking from Greece at the end but solid game from France, good defense.

Gagsquet
09-15-2011, 04:42 PM
What a tense match..

Greece didn't choke, we just raised our level in the fourth.
French team is way better than Greece.

Armless
09-15-2011, 04:51 PM
This is probably the worst team Greece has sent in a while and the best France has sent in a while. So result was more than expected. Greeks should work on their 3pt shooting, simply awful.

SwiSha
09-16-2011, 12:23 PM
that was not choking

Greece entire backcourt is missing, what do you expect, i think its a very good performance at this euro considering there is no Diamantidis Papaloukas or Spanoulis, Baby Shaq is missing too

Armless
09-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Priceless, Macedonia winning against Spain after halftime. Sure , they will probably run out of steam, but their fighting hard.

peribsen
09-16-2011, 04:15 PM
:worship:MAKEDONIA:worship:

Reminding us once again that the best team in Europe is....

the ghost of Yugoslavia

Rather sad, that.

In their abscense, we are quite willing to go for the throne, of course.

Luinir
09-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Spain is too much for this event. It's funny that their only loss was to us. (Turkey)

peribsen
09-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Spain is too much for this event. It's funny that their only loss was to us. (Turkey)

But you did win, fair and square, so enjoy it!

Har-Tru
09-16-2011, 05:43 PM
That is some bloody brave team Macedonia I'll tell you. I hope they get the bronze, they deserve it.

Arkulari
09-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Navarro :worship: 35 points :rocker2:

http://estaticos02.marca.com/albumes/2011/09/16/espana_macedonia/1316188878_extras_albumes_0.jpg

Macedonia deserves all the praise they can get, what a team! I really hope they get the Bronze now :)

StoGas
09-16-2011, 07:55 PM
I was on Eurobasket in Kaunas :woohoo: New arena is awesome!
I saw Spain-Slovenia ; Lithuania - Macedonia ; Greece - Serbia ; Macedonia - Spain :)

Gagsquet
09-16-2011, 08:06 PM
France in final against Spain after his success against Russia.
A really good final. I hope a good fight from both team.

HeretiC
09-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Navarro :worship: 35 points :rocker2:

http://estaticos02.marca.com/albumes/2011/09/16/espana_macedonia/1316188878_extras_albumes_0.jpg

Macedonia deserves all the praise they can get, what a team! I really hope they get the Bronze now :)

Navarro was unstoppable.:worship:

HeretiC
09-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Priceless, Macedonia winning against Spain after halftime. Sure , they will probably run out of steam, but their fighting hard.

Told ya we ain't going down without a fight.

Gagsquet
09-18-2011, 12:13 PM
I think the outcome of the final is linked to the 3 points shoots percentage.
If Spain is above 45 %, I think they will win.
If they are around 30% or below, France has a shot (assuming they haven't the same bad percentage)

Armless
09-18-2011, 06:49 PM
After the flagrant foul against Parker, the neutrals will probably root for France. But damn, Ibaka is a beast defender, so many blocks.

Armless
09-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Meh, looks like the same final as the last one. Spain just has a superior roster.

Gagsquet
09-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Better team won.
Just too good.
Congrats Spanish fans.

Arkulari
09-18-2011, 07:51 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSS!! :woohoo:

95-85, Spain defends the title :D

Navarro HAS to win the MVP, there's no one else who comes close.

Gagsquet
09-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Perhaps Parker.
But Navarro deserves it obviously

Arkulari
09-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Parker had a great tournament but Juan Carlos was the best player hands down :)

jonathancrane
09-18-2011, 07:59 PM
YES :banana:

Har-Tru
09-18-2011, 08:22 PM
:)

peribsen
09-18-2011, 08:38 PM
I won't gloat.

Congratulations for Lithuania, great championship, wonderful crowd.

Now I'll just dine an omelette (;))and off to bed.

zlaja777
09-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Congratulations Spain. One of the best european national squads ever!

shiaben
09-18-2011, 11:53 PM
My God, these Spaniards, don't stop do they? They are truly having a golden generation of talent. Respect to them.

Arkulari
09-19-2011, 12:35 AM
http://estaticos04.marca.com/imagenes/2011/09/19/baloncesto/eurobasket/1316383076_extras_noticia_foton_4_1.jpg

Juan Carlos! :woohoo:

zlaja777
09-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Navaro MVP? Nobody deserved it more. Spanish fans always chanting "MVP" to Pau but JCN is the one.

Btw, Spain became the first nation to defend their European title since Yugoslavia in 1997. Respect.

Arkulari
09-19-2011, 12:59 AM
Yes, Navarro won the MVP, OMG he was so MASSIVE in the last 3 matches, scoring at least 27 points in the decisive stages of an European tournament! :eek: :worship:

zlaja777
09-19-2011, 01:54 AM
Yes, Navarro won the MVP, OMG he was so MASSIVE in the last 3 matches, scoring at least 27 points in the decisive stages of an European tournament! :eek: :worship:

That is insane. :worship:

bad gambler
09-19-2011, 02:52 AM
Shame that the NBA never really worked out for JCN. Would have like to have seen him play an extended period (and more game time).

Great player

Arkulari
09-19-2011, 05:25 AM
GrC8mHfAbAc

Shirogane
09-19-2011, 08:29 AM
Yes, Navarro won the MVP, OMG he was so MASSIVE in the last 3 matches, scoring at least 27 points in the decisive stages of an European tournament! :eek: :worship:I like the way he jump shoots, so hard to stop.