Mosh Pits [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Mosh Pits

The Freak
08-31-2011, 04:25 AM
Anyone here ever had to deal with these pieces of shit? :lol:

Here's my only mosh experience... I was at a 100,000 person music festival in California this past April and a metal band that I didn't know much about was coming up and I didn't know to get the hell out where I was in the crowd. Got caught in the mosh, couldn't move and could hardly breathe. It was a total nightmare, yet I look around and some people are smiling? Little girls even, smiling. I guess I understand how some people enjoy just getting shoved around and going fucking crazy, but personally, I didn't receive any enjoyment from it. Ended up crowd-surfing out of it after about 30 minutes. :lol: Anyone else been in a mosh? Is there something to be said for mosh pits? Am I a wimp?

Orka_n
08-31-2011, 05:41 AM
Buddy of mine loves them, he got punched in the face once and started bleeding but continued on flipping out anyway. :lol:
Personally I've never been caught in one though.

Clashcityrocker
08-31-2011, 10:08 AM
Mosh pits kick ass ! Especially the ones by Rage Against The Machine,Sepultura and System of a Down :D
It can be very rough at times but people always help others when they fall ( in europe anyway)and it's not as brutal as it seems from the outside(i think haha). But there was one time when i had a bleeding nose...but personally love them :)

Sunset of Age
08-31-2011, 01:24 PM
Mosh pits are sooooo 2001! :D
Have wonderful memories of them though. Especially when my then-boyfriend got hit with a boot above his eyebrown, ending up with blood all running over his face. Main comments: "cool, man!" "metaaaaaalllll!!!"
(I took him to the emergency to have him stiched up for a bit though. :p)

Here's the modern version: The Wall of Death! :rocker2:
This is how it works: the entire crowd splits up in two lines, and at a certain sign, run into each other. It's awesome. :D

ql4qxin7p6I

Henry Chinaski
09-01-2011, 02:31 AM
edge of the moshpit is the best view possible at a gig. big open space in front of you., obviously you just have to be on your guard.

abraxas21
09-01-2011, 04:23 AM
moshipits are the reason i ever went to concerts in the first place

Kat_YYZ
09-01-2011, 07:08 AM
@TheFreak:
you are 20. I saw my first mosh pit when you were a baby! :lol:
God I'm so old :sobbing:

edge of the moshpit is the best view possible at a gig. big open space in front of you., obviously you just have to be on your guard.
I never went in, just stayed on the outer fringe of it. you get to experience the energy without all the broken ribs and boot prints on your face :p