Out Of Power. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Out Of Power.

Filo V.
08-31-2011, 03:21 AM
So, I've seen posters asking about my whereabouts, why I haven't been around and posting. Well, here I am, hi everybody :wavey:

As the thread title should indicate, I lost power at my house after Hurricane Irene powered through my city, causing winds as high as 60 MPH. 78% of my city was out of power the day after the storm Sunday morning. No TV, no computer, no phone. You can all just imagine how I handled such a difficult ordeal :sad: Power went out on Saturday evening and won't be back until at least Friday night, and as late as Sunday. It's pretty crazy since I live in central Virginia, and coastal Virginia was more directly impacted by the storm, yet had fewer power outages and the damage in Richmond (where I live) is as bad as it was on the coasts.

So now I'm staying with my BFF aka my Aunt Jackie out in the country, Farmville VA. I'm not a country boy, which everyone should have figured by now, but I love her. She understands me so well, we're family, in more ways than one :angel: (aka she's a lesbian, duh)

All congrats on my return and further questions will be answered ASAP, my connection isn't great out here, so I can't contribute much to this forum until next week :rain:

Action Jackson
08-31-2011, 03:24 AM
Thanks for the updates, you will be back soon enough.

Filo V.
08-31-2011, 03:24 AM
Was anyone else affected by the Hurricane? I missed Day 1 and most of Day 2 of the Open :sad: But I am definitely very thankful. Entire towns have been flooded and over 20 people died. Could have been a lot worse as well so gotta look at the positives in a negative situation.

Action Jackson
08-31-2011, 03:26 AM
Well you are alive and got your health this is important.

Filo V.
08-31-2011, 03:27 AM
I'll be around AJ, but not as much as I want for the Open. As much as possible. Cause I have no way to get to the clubs or anywhere else in this farm town without my car. Which sucks because you all know how much I like them farm boiz.

And yes, health is what is most important in situations like this. Also at least I have somewhere to go, unlike many people stuck in their homes, and losing thousands of dollars in property damage. Definitely lucky.

Kat_YYZ
08-31-2011, 05:23 AM
glad you are okay, Filo. :)
Can't you borrow a horse to get around :lol:

Filo V.
09-01-2011, 05:50 PM
I should ride a horse to get around, although being as clumsy as I am, I know that wouldn't end well whatsoever :tape:

My aunt and her partner are actually too nice. They gave this cable man $50 dollars just for coming out to the country from Richmond to fix a TV although my aunt told me the service was free. And they're all anti-cursing and pro-family and they shop at Goodwill. It's so quiet in the house. My aunt's partner was out cutting trees and digging things up until like 8 at night. It's too wholesome and country and...........controlled. I'm too much of a sinning whore for this place. I think I'm going to ask if we can go out one of these days, so maybe I can pick-up a hot boy, and add some spice to this situation.

Pirata.
09-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Glad you are okay :)