NCAA 2011-2012 Football [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NCAA 2011-2012 Football

Tzar
08-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Any College Football fans?

jayjay
08-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Yes.

Oklahoma or Oregon will be winning the national championship this year.

And this is one of, if not the best montage you will ever see in your life.

lx7d7itpxDM

out_here_grindin
08-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Big fan here. Going to the Clemson Troy game saturday(I will go all the Clemson games).

Oregon is a favorite for the title early on. LSU and Stanford are their toughest games. I was favoring LSU in that just because Les Miles always has his teams prepared for big games. But with Jefferson out, Oregon is now heavily favored. Jared Lee is no good.

Alabama is way overrated early on. They lose Ingram,Jones and McIElroy and people still think they will be a national title contendor? Not in the SEC West, with teams like LSU,Arkansas,Miss State and Auburn(even though they will be way down).

Around these parts people are expecting big things out of South Carolina. I'll admit Lattimore and Jeffrey are scary to anybody but still that team lost 5 games last year and suddenly they are supposed to be darkhorse national title contendors? I don't see it.

jayjay
08-30-2011, 10:03 PM
If you can believe this - Oregon are 16/1 to win the National Championship! Ridiculous. Eat it up.

Tzar
08-30-2011, 10:48 PM
Big fan here. Going to the Clemson Troy game saturday(I will go all the Clemson games).

Oregon is a favorite for the title early on. LSU and Stanford are their toughest games. I was favoring LSU in that just because Les Miles always has his teams prepared for big games. But with Jefferson out, Oregon is now heavily favored. Jared Lee is no good.

Alabama is way overrated early on. They lose Ingram,Jones and McIElroy and people still think they will be a national title contendor? Not in the SEC West, with teams like LSU,Arkansas,Miss State and Auburn(even though they will be way down).

Around these parts people are expecting big things out of South Carolina. I'll admit Lattimore and Jeffrey are scary to anybody but still that team lost 5 games last year and suddenly they are supposed to be darkhorse national title contendors? I don't see it.

How about those bulls at last years Meineke Car Bowl. http://www.tennisforum.com/images/smilies/oh.gif

Notre Dame, LSU, Alabama, Auburn and Georgia are being underrated in my opinion, but we shall see.

out_here_grindin
08-31-2011, 12:35 AM
Auburn is going to be pretty bad this year. The whole team was Cam Newton and Nick Fairly. Plus they lost most of their O-line.

Clemson: we start with 4 home games. Troy, Wofford, then the real games vs Auburn and Florida State

El Legenda
08-31-2011, 01:09 AM
Vamos Mizzou!

The Freak
08-31-2011, 05:13 AM
Big Tulsa fan here...we open the season with 3 out 4 games being...at #1 OU, home vs. #9 OSU, and at #5 Boise State. Hardest first month of the season in the nation :drink:

On top of that, we lost just lost our best player Damaris Johnson to suspension. The guy is already the NCAA leader in career all-purpose yardage coming into his senior season.

straitup
09-01-2011, 02:41 AM
I go to Utah...big year since we just moved to the Pac-12. We have a game vs. Montana State tomorrow which we should win fairly comfortably, but it'll be interesting because we just switched to a spread offense, have a loaded defense and some very promising offensive players. Not to mention I'm on the board for our student section so I am front row this year...and I get to run out with the team tomorrow with one of the flags.

Pretty stoked...to say the least.

Johnny Groove
09-01-2011, 03:24 AM
UCF Knights will romp to the Conference USA title, baby!

Manduco
09-01-2011, 12:44 PM
If you can believe this - Oregon are 16/1 to win the National Championship! Ridiculous. Eat it up.

Those are nice odds !!!

El Legenda
09-02-2011, 03:11 AM
Big Tulsa fan here...we open the season with 3 out 4 games being...at #1 OU, home vs. #9 OSU, and at #5 Boise State. Hardest first month of the season in the nation :drink:

Missouri State (D1-AA) plays At (14)Arkansas and At (3)Oregon...ouch...but they will be paid about $800,000(each game) just to show up and get beat by 40-50

out_here_grindin
09-02-2011, 01:28 PM

On top of that, we lost just lost our best player Damaris Johnson to suspension. The guy is already the NCAA leader in career all-purpose yardage coming into his senior season.

You also lost your offensive coordinator to Clemson. Chad Morris is going to run our offense this year.

There were some games last night. Just a bunch of blowous, only game of interest was Syracuse beating Wake Forest 36-29(ot). Wake blew a 15 point lead up in the Carrier Dome

Tzar
09-02-2011, 04:39 PM
What a joke Kentucky vs. WKU. :tape:

Tzar
09-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Big East starts 3-0

out_here_grindin
09-03-2011, 03:59 AM
What a game in Waco! Baylor up 47-23 and blows the lead as TCU takes the 48-47 lead. But Baylor hits a late FG to win 50-48

straitup
09-03-2011, 04:43 AM
Game of the year :lol:. I sure wish we had played the defense that TCU had today instead of the last few years' defense...they were really bad on D. But RG3 is a stud. And TCU showed some good progress at the end, good fight.

The game was really thrilling, as are most games with not much D. Some sloppy play at times but lots of great offensive plays. TCU's kicking game has struggled, Ross Evans is their kicker. He was a frosh when he missed 2 critical FGs against Utah in 2008 (the year we made the Sugar Bowl), and he's still not the best with kicking (missed 2 FGs, 1 extra point). Could've turned out a little different if he made them...

BTW: Utes game yesterday...running the flag was awesome and no hiccups there. Our team started strong and then sorta stalled in the 2nd half against Montana State but I think we were hiding some of our plays for the USC game. Plus it was our first game with a QB that had a surgically repaired shoulder this past spring and Montana State would be better than many of the bad FBS teams (they have a stud of a QB).

jayjay
09-03-2011, 03:57 PM
What a game in Waco! Baylor up 47-23 and blows the lead as TCU takes the 48-47 lead. But Baylor hits a late FG to win 50-48

What he said.

I backed TCU in-running in the 2nd Q @ 5/4 and +6.5 at HT. I gave up on both by end of the 3rd with TCU taking a ridiculous amount of time on that drive. A bit of a tease going ahead and then not winning it, but at least they covered the spread. I didn't think the Baylor kicker would make the FG, and the interception at the end didn't matter because there was no way the TCU kicker was going to make one from anything outside of the 30 (he was fucking awful all night).

Tzar
09-03-2011, 05:35 PM
HT: Auburn 17 - 21 Utah State :eek:

I can't wait to see how this ends.

and I can't also wait to see my beloved bulls against the always overrated(?) notre dame!

straitup
09-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Utah State has a good team this year. They showed some signs last year, creaming BYU and taking Oklahoma to the wire

And their HC was one of the coordinators for the Utes when they beat Alabama, so maybe it's an Alabama-team thing haha

The Freak
09-03-2011, 05:48 PM
You also lost your offensive coordinator to Clemson. Chad Morris is going to run our offense this year.

There were some games last night. Just a bunch of blowous, only game of interest was Syracuse beating Wake Forest 36-29(ot). Wake blew a 15 point lead up in the Carrier Dome

Yep, and head coach to Pittsburgh. Our offensive coordinators become big names pretty quickly cause we always have one of the top offenses...o-coordinator from a couple years ago is at Auburn now..

Tzar
09-03-2011, 06:03 PM
So it's 21-21 now. I hope Utah State can keep it up. If they win, it would be bigger than Baylor over TCU, IMO.

Tzar
09-03-2011, 06:57 PM
So, it's 31 Utah ST. 28 Auburn. Utah is 3rd and 7 on Auburn's 9. Let's see how this plays out.

Tzar
09-03-2011, 06:59 PM
4th and 3... and ...they're not going for it. So they will go for the field goal (5 yd penalty for delay of the game)

HOOOOOOLYYYY, they faked it and he got it. 1st down on Auburns 2!!!!!!

Tzar
09-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Utah St. 38 - 28 Auburn.. :eek: :woohoo:

Tzar
09-03-2011, 07:20 PM
oh shit. no words for this. Utah St 38 - 41 Auburn.. how did this happen with 1 minute left? :o

straitup
09-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Mega choke :eek:. Excellent onside kick for Auburn but Utah State played far too safe and then just had no shot when they had their last chances

Tzar
09-03-2011, 09:36 PM
USF-ND delayed at halftime. :'( :(

Johnny Groove
09-04-2011, 04:00 AM
62-0, good start to the season for UCF :smoke:

jayjay
09-04-2011, 05:06 AM
Really disappointed in that 3Q from Oregon. Credit to LSU D and Special Teams, they won the game in that 3Q. And by the end LSU's O-Line was walking all over Oregon's D-Line.

It just got away from Oregon so quickly when they looked like the better team for most of the first half. And I thought they were going to make it a one score game when they got the ball back with just over six minutes to go, but they put together a horrible series.

It's going to be really hard for Oregon to have a crack at the national championship now, they will need to run the table, which I think they will - but will now need quite a bit else to go for them.

Harris's suspension ended up being more critical than Jefferson's and I'm not sure anyone would have predicted that before the game.

Boise will have another undefeated season, maybe a re-match of that incredible Fiesta Bowl game a few years back against Oklahoma will be this year's national championship?

BhuHuFbIFy4

As long as Oklahoma and Alabama don't go undefeated, it will be hard for the BCS to justify not giving Boise a crack at it. It would be ironic if Boise got there this year, because I think they had a better team last year with Pettis and Young at WR, but lost that crazy game against Nevada.

straitup
09-04-2011, 06:09 PM
So let us recap some games:

-Notre Dame once again being overranked preseason for the umpteenth time. Kept shooting themselves in the foot against USF, 3 turnovers in the redzone. That shot of lightning hitting near the stadium was pretty crazy
-Oregon was so sloppy but they haven't shown much in their biggest games. Still a very realistic shot at the Rose Bowl but the Stanford game will be good
-Boise started slow but at the end, this is a Georgia team that wasn't particularly good last year. This is the type of win they needed to justify their preseason ranking, especially virtually at home
-Ragin' Cajuns put up 34 on the Cowboys? :lol:
-ECU gave South Carolina a major scare but the Cocks roared back
-Thought App St. might've put up an interesting fight against Va Tech considering the James Madison debacle last year and the Michigan win for App St a few years ago. But no it wasn't even close, VT came to play
-Flipping Utah State...we were pumped for them out here and then they blew it. Brilliant onside kick by Auburn but the Aggies played too much Prevent at the end and it cost them. Auburn got a major reality check though
-USC didn't look impressive...Lane Kiffin is a moron. As poorly as my Utes played this past week, I think we've got a great shot at USC next week
-Oh and when was the last time they called a game before it finished? Thought that was interesting with Michigan-WMU although the result was NID at that point

out_here_grindin
09-05-2011, 01:43 AM
I really hope Georgia has something left for the Gamecocks. Hopefully they just mailed it in the 2nd half vs Boise and come out strong between the hedges. They lose to USC and their season is effectively over right there.

Teams just seem to always fold when the face LSU in big games. Oregon fumbling there own fingers throughout the 2nd half. Luckbox State seems to have that effect on teams.

Clemson trailed 16-13 at half to Troy, the team was booed off the field. Thankfully Boyd settled down and we got rolling. Watkins and Bellamy our two super freshman had big games in their debuts. Kepp the name Sammy Watkins in your head, you'll be hearing it again soon and often.

out_here_grindin
09-05-2011, 01:47 AM
Boise will get into the national title game as long as either Bama or Oklahoma lose. It would be absurd if Boise was jumped by a rising team from a BCS conference again(Auburn last year). There is a lot of depth in the major conferences this year so I do not think any more than 1 will go unbeaten, thus Boise will be in the national title game.

Would an undefeated Stanford get in over Boise?

Clay Death
09-05-2011, 01:58 AM
LSU gets it done without jordan jefferson.

landry jones for heisman.

out_here_grindin
09-11-2011, 02:34 AM
Fuck off Georgia. Keep pumping lead into your won foot. Crowell hand-wrapping a gift right into Gilmore's arms. Getting completely befuddled by a stupid fake punt. Then I have to hear Todd Ellis make Lattimore into the people's hero. Makes me goddamn sick.

Tzar
09-11-2011, 07:34 AM
I believe that an undefeated stanford would get in over an undefeated boise. Boise's schedule is suchhhh an easy schedule.

out_here_grindin
09-12-2011, 02:44 AM
Notre Dame and Georgia now each 0-2. Love it. I would have much preferred UGA to beat South Carolina but that dosen't change the fact that I hate those Dawgs. Richt on the furnace seat now.

out_here_grindin
09-14-2011, 09:14 PM
Big games this weekend:

Auburn at Clemson
Oklahoma at Florida State
LSU at Miss State(Thursday)
Ohio State at Miami

out_here_grindin
09-17-2011, 01:55 AM
So the Auburn Tiger/War Eagles come into town tomorrow at high noon. I have seen Auburn stickers all over cars today, they are coming in drothes. Will Clemson be ready, will the Valley be rocking? I'll be there, 9 rows from the field.

straitup
09-18-2011, 06:58 AM
Good for you Jeff, good to see Clemson win after the game last year that was sooo close.

Utes kicked the snot out of BYU 54-10...it was 14-10 at half. I wish I had gone

Tzar
09-19-2011, 05:48 AM
I was soooo happy clemson won, those overrated tigers deserved to be knocked out of the top 25.

Interesting landscape for college football, let's see how everything plays out.

PS. Loving my bulls at #18/17.

out_here_grindin
09-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Sammy Watkins Sammy Watkins Sammy Watkins Tajh Boyd Tajh Boyd Tajh Boyd Dwatyne Allen DJ Howard an more. What an amazing performance by the Tiger offense. After going down 14-0, Clemson outscored Auburn 38-10 and converted 10-10 on 3rd downs. Aside from the Bellamy fumble Auburn did not get a sniff. This was a feel good win. The Valley was rocking for the first time in a long time.
Check out how loud this is especially after the interception.
BXPoe0jmWho

and lest we forget
B72qHHdCeMY

jayjay
09-19-2011, 11:00 PM
I believe that an undefeated stanford would get in over an undefeated boise. Boise's schedule is suchhhh an easy schedule.

That's not even up for debate. Stanford would have to beat Oregon to stay undefeated, while Boise's biggest test would have been Georgia. Stanford won't beat Oregon, anyway.

I'm still holding out hope for an Oklahoma-Oregon National Championship.

Oregon will need to win out and hope Alabama/LSU lose more than one game each. There will probably be a clamour for an undefeated Boise to get in ahead of a one loss Oregon, but we'll see how it breaks down if the time comes.

It's unlikely Bama and LSU will lose more than a game each, to be perfectly honest. It's such a shame Oregona fumbled away the LSU match, they'd be well on course now.

out_here_grindin
09-20-2011, 01:26 AM
Funny read (http://deadspin.com/5840716/the-25-douchiest-football-schools-in-america/gallery/1) 25 douchiest fanbases in America.

the best was Virginia at 18:

You know what's super-awesome? UVA. And dressing up for football games. And orange flat-front khakis. And grosgrain belts. And pastel-y Polo hats, worn backwards. And sorority girls, who love it when you put your arm around them, casual-like, and be all, yeah, what's up dude, I'm just hanging out, drinkin' some juleps at The University? And pretending to be, like, deep deep Southern, with the bushy-bowly haircut and the plaid tie. Even though your dad's a lobbyist from New Jersey who lives in Alexandria.

straitup
09-20-2011, 10:28 PM
So against us, BYU had 7 turnovers (most of them comical). Here's an example of 1, this was on the very first drive from either team:

nTBZmpXsaUs

The next day (Sunday), apparently everyone found this hilarious pic (which was indeed real):
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/arbys-byu-turnover.jpg

Turns out that it was actually like that the day before, on Friday, but it was oh so fitting

out_here_grindin
09-22-2011, 02:40 PM
To tell you the truth Justin I thought BYU would win that game. It's shocking to see how badly they played.

Gameday in Morgantown,WV this week as they host LSU. Hopefully they can knock off the Bayou Bengals.

out_here_grindin
09-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Local demi-god Marcus Lattimoe is just racking up the yards. Spurrier has lost all coaching ability, he is fortunate he decided to do that jig in the Lattimores' living room that one night to secure Marcus's signature. Meanwhile they are starting to uncover the Rock Hill boosters that turned Rock Hill and South Pointe into Gamecock factories the last few years. All I know is that there were several Gamecock fans close to the situation that "just knew" for months that Clowney was going to sign for the Gamecocks. That plus the Whitnet hotel situation leads me to believe that the University of South Carolina will be the next big(so weird to have to call them 'big') school to have a scandal rock them

Tzar
09-22-2011, 05:32 PM
I feel like it's a matter of time until SC loses. Same with Boise & Texas.

I really like Florida, and OkSt right now. I think they might be able to do good things.

Also clemson is looking good as f.

South Florida and Michigan round up my 5 teams that might be able to shock some people. let's see.

Tzar
09-22-2011, 05:43 PM
That's not even up for debate. Stanford would have to beat Oregon to stay undefeated, while Boise's biggest test would have been Georgia. Stanford won't beat Oregon, anyway.

I'm still holding out hope for an Oklahoma-Oregon National Championship.

Oregon will need to win out and hope Alabama/LSU lose more than one game each. There will probably be a clamour for an undefeated Boise to get in ahead of a one loss Oregon, but we'll see how it breaks down if the time comes.

It's unlikely Bama and LSU will lose more than a game each, to be perfectly honest. It's such a shame Oregona fumbled away the LSU match, they'd be well on course now.

WVU has an explosive offense, if they can pass this test with flying colors I can see LSU in the NC game. Also, doesn't OU play TAMU and OST? those will be tough.

We will see.

I'd like to see LSU vs. TAMU/OKST in the NC game, but i know that's along shot.

What do you guys think of a Big east team running the table?

Theres only 2 of them left undefeated, but if WVU runs the table that would mean wins over Maryland, LSU and USF. If USF, then that means wins over ND, MIAMI and WVU. Really long shots of course.

jayjay
09-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Justin Blackmon is amazing, he's going to be a Hakeem Nicks/Dez Bryant like NFL star. That Oklahoma/Oklahoma State match at the end of the season is going to be a must watch.

Boise might only lose to TCU, it's virtually impossible to see how they could lose to anyone else.

LSU have a fantastic D, probably the best D in college right now, but I hope they don't make the NC game - I've never liked Les Miles. Don't ask me why, something about him just pisses me off.

out_here_grindin
09-22-2011, 08:53 PM
I don't see any Big East team running the table. West Virginia and USF just are not good enough. I hope WVU can beat LSU but after that I will be pulling against them. West Virginia fans are among the worst in the country(as far as obnoxiousness).

Boise will not lose this year. Kellen Moore will likely complete something like 75% of his passes.

I think A&M beats OK State in College Station. I like OKie state but this is a very fine A&M team. Blackmon is the best WR in the nation though. There was some talk about Alshon Jeffrey being better but he has been not so good this year. Jeffrey is slow, he can catch anything that comes his way but he dosen;t have the speed to be a playmaker.

Best Freshman in the country right now is Sammy Watkins at Clemson, I expect a big game out of him vs FSU. More on the FSU/Clemson game later

out_here_grindin
09-23-2011, 02:50 AM
NC State getting drug all around the field by Cincinatti. Great job O'Brien by running Russell Wilson out. "Russell if you want to start you are going to have to go somewhere else, you are no longer the starter here" :rolls:

straitup
09-23-2011, 03:45 AM
To tell you the truth Justin I thought BYU would win that game. It's shocking to see how badly they played.

Gameday in Morgantown,WV this week as they host LSU. Hopefully they can knock off the Bayou Bengals.

I thought they had a great chance, everything was up in the air, but it turned out much better :)

Justin Blackmon is amazing, he's going to be a Hakeem Nicks/Dez Bryant like NFL star. That Oklahoma/Oklahoma State match at the end of the season is going to be a must watch.

Boise might only lose to TCU, it's virtually impossible to see how they could lose to anyone else.

LSU have a fantastic D, probably the best D in college right now, but I hope they don't make the NC game - I've never liked Les Miles. Don't ask me why, something about him just pisses me off.

Blackmon is ridic. Oklahoma State has got quite the offense so far.

Boise's not losing to TCU...TCU's defense is just crap right now. I don't think Boise's losing to anyone this year...I am really hoping Air Force stands up to them (and I think they could make it decently close with their option attack), but I'm doubtful about that too considering they put up a stinker against TCU.

LSU's D's is fantastic...I think they'll beat West Virginia pretty convincingly, but I hope I'm proven wrong. Interesting Gameday choice as well, considering Okie State-A&M is the best matchup ranking-wise.

Grinder
09-23-2011, 04:18 AM
I'm a huge NFL fan but I can't watch college football. Everything is based around money for the universities. The BCS is the worst playoff/championship series in any major sport. Until they develop a March Madness style tournament where every team has a fair shot at the national championship, it'll be a bunch of bullshit to me.

straitup
09-23-2011, 04:44 AM
I'm a huge NFL fan but I can't watch college football. Everything is based around money for the universities. The BCS is the worst playoff/championship series in any major sport. Until they develop a March Madness style tournament where every team has a fair shot at the national championship, it'll be a bunch of bullshit to me.

Understandable. Funny enough, this is the sort of argument I use for enjoying college basketball over the NBA...I think the money has gotten just to the point where NBA games just don't seem as exciting because there doesn't seem to be as much heart or emotion in it (partly due to the long season as well), whereas college is fueled by passion.

out_here_grindin
09-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Remember the days when FSU was great? No matter how cocky or no matter pumped up you were, the first time the war chant was played when they came into the Valley, a shiver of fear went down your spine. For a brief moment you forgot your orange shirt and the bravado turned to icy cold fear, it was in that one moment when FSU won the game because all belief was sucked out. And no matter how hard you tried to re-focus, it was all for naught.

But thankfully that's all gone now.

jayjay
09-25-2011, 07:05 AM
LaMichael James just rushed for 289 yards on 23 carries against Arizona. :worship: We need to see an Oklahoma/Oregon national championship but it is looking more and more like Oklahoma/Alabama. LSU's D handled West Virginia, if I didn't think Jarrett Lee was such a mug I'd make them big favourites to win it all, but he is a mug and eventually they'll get found out - most likely against Alabama.

I have already decided to call in sick on December 3rd if I can't get the day off to watch Oklahoma/Oklahoma State. I could probably watch it from work anyway, but I want to be enjoying that one from the comfort of my own couch with some pizza and cherry coke and a big bet on the over.

out_here_grindin
09-30-2011, 02:26 AM
Blacksburg on the horizon.I worry somewhat that Foster will bring the house on Boyd. Boyd isn't good uner pressure. But VT has played nobosy yet. Last time we went up to that sickly cave in Blacksburg we got pummeled 24-7. Spiller and Davis were shit the hell down. Then the came to Death Valley in 2007 and we gave them a victory on a silver platter. A punt return as a beverage, the pick 6 as the side dish and the kickoff return the main course.

Other big games include The Huskers at Camp Randle at night. Welcome to the B1G Nebraska.

Saban leads the Tide into the Swamp. Can the Gators set the trap?

out_here_grindin
09-30-2011, 01:54 PM
USF got battered last night at Pitt. That was a touh game Tsar. I was surprised by the rout

Tzar
10-01-2011, 03:37 AM
USF got battered last night at Pitt. That was a touh game Tsar. I was surprised by the rout

I've been in fetal position for the past 24 hours. I'll probably stay like this for another month.

out_here_grindin
10-02-2011, 01:17 AM
Exit Sandman.

Neumann
10-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Damn, RG3 threw an interception and had more incompletes than TD. :(
Still, his numbers are outrageous, and he's already played two pretty good teams. Right now, the best QB in college football.

The best NFL prospect, however, continues to be Andrew luck. Did you guys see his one handed catch (http://blog.sfgate.com/sportsevents/2011/10/02/video-andrew-luck-one-handed-catch-among-stanford-qbs-greatest-highlights/)?? :eek:
There was another amazing catch by Fleener, and a beautiful TD from a wildcat formation: it was a fun game (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7049512).

Luck was about perfect, with 23/27, 227 YDS, 3 TD 0 INT. But more than the stats, what impressed me is how well he read the defense, commanded the offense, and even called his own plays (http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Luck-in-charge-Stanford-QB-calling-plays-2199119.php)!!

Russell Wilson and Kellen Moore are also absolutely outstanding. This year's QB are just ripping it!

out_here_grindin
10-03-2011, 08:19 PM
The other great thing about the weekend was the continued meltdown of Stephen Garcia and Steve Spurrier. They let the pathetic Auburn defense hold them to 13 points. Too funny

Macbrother
10-03-2011, 09:23 PM
I totally forgot about my boy out_here_grindin, fellow Tiger fan.

Are you PUMPED UP about this year or what? Best start, given our competition (3 ranked wins in a row) in my memory. I'm still a little worried about the Ramblin Wreck though, we just can't seem to solve the riddle of Paul Johnson's option offense. Maybe if we just outscore him...

And yeah, the meltdown of the overrated gamecock offense just capped off the night. I texted a friend after the game if he was tired of Garcia yet. He said he's been tired for 5 years. :lol:

out_here_grindin
10-04-2011, 12:59 PM
The Georgia Tech game will be the game of the year. I have been looking on stub-hub for tickets to that game. What we need to find out is if this team can consistently get up for teams that are lesser than them. It's easy to get motivated for the big games, but remember we did not play well vs Troy or Wofford. BC and Maryland are so awful though its hard to see us struggling with them for too long.

out_here_grindin
10-07-2011, 02:40 AM
http://www.tigernet.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/1-1011454-11150301-93345/Will.jpg

Neumann
10-08-2011, 06:44 AM
http://www.tigernet.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/1-1011454-11150301-93345/Will.jpg
:lol:

Wow, today's game was so exciting... Boise st seriously needs to either get worse, or play better opponents.
It is a pity to see Moore's talent wasted in these useless games. :(

Yesterday's game was much better. Cal needs a new QB, but put up some resistance.
Oregon's offense is just fun to watch. LMJ outside runs were amazing :worship:

out_here_grindin
10-08-2011, 01:08 PM
It was really sad to see LaMichael James get hurt like that though. The game was already in hand

Neumann
10-09-2011, 02:55 AM
It was really sad to see LaMichael James get hurt like that though. The game was already in hand

Fortunately, it looked worse than it was. He should be ready for Stanford, which is going to be a hell of a game.
Hope they get there 9-0 (Stanford) and 8-1 (Oregon).

Hey guys, who do you think would get to the NCG if the following teams ended up undefeated?
LSU/Alabama, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Stanford, Clemson, Boise State.

It obviously depends on how they play the remaining games, but for now I'd vote for LSU and Wisconsin.

out_here_grindin
10-12-2011, 09:50 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/832108/Garcia_Ousted_medium.gif

out_here_grindin
10-13-2011, 03:40 AM
Fortunately, it looked worse than it was. He should be ready for Stanford, which is going to be a hell of a game.
Hope they get there 9-0 (Stanford) and 8-1 (Oregon).

Hey guys, who do you think would get to the NCG if the following teams ended up undefeated?
LSU/Alabama, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Stanford, Clemson, Boise State.

It obviously depends on how they play the remaining games, but for now I'd vote for LSU and Wisconsin.

It would take a lot if they all ended the whole season undefeated. Upsets are a-coming. They happen every year. I'm actually quite worried about Clemson's trip up to College Park to face Maryland.

out_here_grindin
10-17-2011, 12:13 AM
56-45. What craziness. Watkins broke Spiller's single game all-purpose yard record at Clemson. Kid is seriously a hiesman candidate. Plus Ellington has a career-high rushing day. Defense could not stop anything though. Terp QB CJ Brown is a player, they found their QB for the future.

Ajk822
10-17-2011, 06:42 AM
Being a current Penn State student, I don't yet know how to feel about our team. We're 6-1, but barely. But at the same time, we weren't "lucky" to be 6-1...we just always made dumb mistakes that allowed the other teams to be in the game when they shouldn't have been. Weird paradox.

Anyway, I can totally see this team heading into Wisconsin the Saturday after Thanksgiving at 10-1 and then blowing Wisconsins title hopes...and I can also see them going into the game at 7-4 and getting blown out.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Neumann
10-19-2011, 06:40 AM
Boy, Clemson is rolling, and Watkins is a lot of fun.
Incredible that there are whispers about them going to the NCG :eek:
(very unlikely)

Being a current Penn State student, I don't yet know how to feel about our team. We're 6-1, but barely. But at the same time, we weren't "lucky" to be 6-1...we just always made dumb mistakes that allowed the other teams to be in the game when they shouldn't have been. Weird paradox.

Anyway, I can totally see this team heading into Wisconsin the Saturday after Thanksgiving at 10-1 and then blowing Wisconsins title hopes...and I can also see them going into the game at 7-4 and getting blown out.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

I haven't watched the Lions from Nittany much (oh man, I remember how beautiful the campus looked all covered in snow once that I visited on a 31st of December), but the little I saw, the offense didn't look great.

The toughest game you have left is Nebraska. I think PS is a more solid team than Washington, and Washington could have beaten Nebraska with better officiating.

So I'd say 10-1 when Wisconsin comes is quite possible, but maybe only 60% likely due to that offense increasing the chances of upsets.

out_here_grindin
10-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Basically if your a fan of Stanford,Wisconsin,Clemson or Boise State you ned to be pulling against the Oklahoma schools and Alabama and LSU each week from here on out. The winner of Bama/LSU and the winner of Okie State/OU will be playing for the national title unless there are upsets.

This upcoming week LSU faces Auburn and Tyron Mathieu has just been suspended for the game. So it looks like the Honey Badger will have to miss the game. Can Auburn exploit this? LSU could still lose to Arkansas. I see more potential stumbling blocks on their path than Bama, so I will be pullin for LSU to beat Alabama.

The wildcard is Kansas State. If they go unbeaten they should be playing for the title because the strength of scehdule. However this is highly unlikely because they still have very hard games left.

Stanford and Wisconsin have played nothing but fluffballs thus far. Wisky has played Nebraska but it was at home. They haven't left Camp Randle yet this season(except for a neutral site game vs N.Illinois, I mean come on).

I am also not sure why everyone thinks Luck is running away with the heisman. Being the top pro prospect does not equate heisman winner.

out_here_grindin
10-23-2011, 03:36 AM
OMG!!!! Who just saw that ending! Wisconsin goes down on last second hail mary. Serious fight at the goal line to get the ball over the plane.

Ajk822
10-23-2011, 04:57 AM
OMG!!!! Who just saw that ending! Wisconsin goes down on last second hail mary. Serious fight at the goal line to get the ball over the plane.

I freaked. Penn State leading the Leaders division! Still have to win out to get to the Big Ten Championship though.

Smoke944
10-23-2011, 05:02 AM
Sparty on! :cool:

Neumann
10-23-2011, 05:42 AM

I literally jumped out of my seat. Wow!! :eek::eek:

Though I must say, Russell Wilson is legit. Even with the two interceptions (which happened because Wisconsin was trailing badly and they were forcing it), he is still phenomenal, and probably has played better than Luck so far.
I think Luck is the best player in college football, but if I had to give the Heisman for the first 7 games, it probably would go to Wilson. :cool:

And Oklahoma also lost! Finally some movement in the top 10.

As things stand, LSU and Oklahoma state are favorites for the National Championship game IMO, followed by Stanford, Boise St and Clemson, in that order.

out_here_grindin
10-24-2011, 12:40 AM
new BCS standings out:

1. LSU
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma State
4. Boise State
5. Clemson
6. Stanford
7. Oregon
8. Kansas State

out_here_grindin
10-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Hda0QdcnVaM

great video quality

out_here_grindin
10-29-2011, 04:24 AM
I will be in Atlanta tomorrow night to see the #5 Clemson Tigers take on the Yellow Jackets from GT. GT has had 2 straight bad games but I expect a fight from them tomorrow night.

Stanford faces a tough raod test at Southern Cal. Hopefully the Trojans can pull that one out.

8 Kansas State vs 9 Oklahoma. How will the Sooners respond to losing at home vs Texas Tech last week? Will they still be motivated?

Neumann
10-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Wow.... Best game of the season. :worship:
Pretty solid defenses (tired at the end), balanced offenses, amazing QBs and lots of spirit.

Stanford 56 - USC 48
Luck intercepted for a TD! Running out of time in the last play!
3 Overtimes!!?! :eek:

Really well played by both teams. USC is going to be a beast next year.

The BCS didn't change much. Kansas St and Clemson lost as expected, and the National Championship Game should be between LSU/Bama (everybody seems to be picking Bama, but I sorta like LSU more) and Ok St if they're able to beat Oklahoma.

Stanford and Boise St are next in line.
Stanford will be the underdog against Oregon (although the fact that is at Stanford evens things out a bit), and Boise could potentially get overtaken by strong 1-loss teams (I hope not).

The Wisconsin-OSU game went to the wire as well. These Saturday's are just so much fun :cool:

out_here_grindin
11-05-2011, 04:52 PM
The so caled "Game of the Century"(ridiculous) is today in Tuscaloosa,Alabama. It is only the 5th time ver the #1 and #2 teams have faced each other in the regular season.

The others were:

1971: Nebraska 35,Oklahoma 31 (probably the best college football game of all time)
1991: Miami 17. Florida State 16 (this was "Wide Right I")
1994: Notre Dame 31, Florida State 24 (1st game Gameday ever went to)
2006: Ohio State 42, Michigan 39

so who wins tonight? Alabama or LSU?

Neumann
11-05-2011, 05:58 PM
The so caled "Game of the Century"(ridiculous) is today in Tuscaloosa,Alabama. It is only the 5th time ver the #1 and #2 teams have faced each other in the regular season.

The others were:

1971: Nebraska 35,Oklahoma 31 (probably the best college football game of all time)
1991: Miami 17. Florida State 16 (this was "Wide Right I")
1994: Notre Dame 31, Florida State 24 (1st game Gameday ever went to)
2006: Ohio State 42, Michigan 39

so who wins tonight? Alabama or LSU?

I lean towards LSU, although I haven't watched much of either (1.5 games + highlights).
Their QB and special teams are better, and I think the defenses are even.

What I don't agree with is that in the SEC they play the most fun football. They do have the best defenses, but their offenses tend to be sup-par.
I typically find more enjoyable games in the Big 12 or Pac 12, and even some in the B1G and ACC, than those SEC slogfests.

out_here_grindin
11-05-2011, 06:16 PM
I agree. Plus the SEC is very top heavy. The bottom teams are not that good especially with Florida and Tennessee so down right now. The league is largely pretty predictable.

Neumann
11-06-2011, 01:53 AM
Oh, surprise, surprise. :rolleyes:
Two inept offenses, against two superb defenses = 3-3 at the halftime, and boring slogfest.

Give me Stanford-USC, Wisconsin-Michigan State, or FSU-Clemson any day.

Naudio Spanlatine
11-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Bama leads LSU 6-3:)

out_here_grindin
11-06-2011, 01:54 AM
Watch ESPN hype this as a defensive warzone. They may be good defenses but neither of these teams have good offenses at all. Oklahoma State would put points up.

Also South Carolina's fraudulent "great" D exposed at Arkansas. 44-28 Hawgs

Naudio Spanlatine
11-06-2011, 01:56 AM
LSU ties the game up 6-6

Naudio Spanlatine
11-06-2011, 02:39 AM
LSU wins against Bama 9-6, great defense but terrible offense from both:help::tape::facepalm:

out_here_grindin
11-06-2011, 02:46 AM
and the talk of the rematch already begins. If that happens I am seriously done with college football.

Neumann
11-06-2011, 02:48 AM
The offenses in this game were excruciatingly bad. I sure hope there's no "re-match" in the National Championship Game.

I'd love an LSU-Stanford, but the Oklahomas and Oregon are also acceptable. :)

bad gambler
11-06-2011, 03:36 AM
LSU/Bama was a great game tonight. Old school defensive battle

out_here_grindin
11-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Good quote from ESPN writer

Classics don't have four interceptions, four missed field goals, 13 penalties, one fumble, one botched punt return and zero touchdowns. A punter shouldn't be the best player on the field in a classic.

The two teams have sick defense. But last nights game was not a well played game overall. It was tense and the stakes were high. It's the two teams reputations that make this seem a great game.

Clay Death
11-06-2011, 03:01 PM
both teams were too conservative.

they were both trying not to lose rather than going for the win. nick saban blew this game more than LSU took it in my estimation.

his play calling was highly suspect.

out_here_grindin
11-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Yep. The overtime series that Alabama had was a disaster. It started with a bizarre shovel pass call and ended with McCarron taking a sack giving the kicker no shot at the field goal.

Neumann
11-06-2011, 03:55 PM
The two teams have sick defense. But last nights game was not a well played game overall. It was tense and the stakes were high. It's the two teams reputations that make this seem a great game.

Yep, I pretty much agree with that.
It was a good game, due in part to all the hoopla and implications around it, but also to the chess game between the coaches and the superb athletes on both sides of the ball.

But it wasn't a "great" game. You need an offense to match that defense, and that starts with some quality quarterbacks. A battle of kickers and punters does not cut it.

Myself, I thought the Stanford-USC was much better. Really good offenses, and solid defense (remember, it was 10-6 at half time, and 34-34 on regulation time).

Clay Death
11-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Yep. The overtime series that Alabama had was a disaster. It started with a bizarre shovel pass call and ended with McCarron taking a sack giving the kicker no shot at the field goal.

everyone on the planet is blaming saban for the loss. and they are right:

Saban thoroughly outcoached by Miles

Jen Floyd Engel covered local sports for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram since 1997 and became a columnist in 2003. Sports opinions? She’s never short of them. And love her or hate her, she’ll be just another one of the boys.Updated Nov 6, 2011 11:26 AM ET

TUSCALOOSA, Ala.

The best team in the country lost Saturday, this according to the team that lost. Actually, it was incredibly hard to tell No. 2 Alabama had lost by listening to the Crimson Tide players talk afterward.

"We are still the best team in the country," 'Bama wide receiver Marquis Maze said. "If we played them again, we wouldn't lose."

Say this for the Tide, they handled losing The Game of the Century, 9-6 in overtime to No. 1 LSU on their fourth missed field goal of the night, with unusual aplomb.

"It was nothing they did, it was all on us," Tide wide receiver Darius Hanks said when asked about LSU's defense.

So, who is better?

"Alabama is still the better team," he said. "Definitely."

It was like the verbal version of the LSU punter and kicker, the most insanely cocky special teams duo in the country, all taunty and talky except without a 'W' to be all taunty and talky about. And this post-loss swagger came directly from 'Bama coach Nick Saban's message to his team afterward, although he merely hinted around that conclusion himself when talking to the media. What he told his players and what they believe is they beat themselves, and LSU was merely the beneficiary.

What Saban did not say, what no one said because they wouldn't dare, was Alabama had help beating itself — from one Nick Saban.

The better team might have indeed lost, but if so, it was at least in part because of its coach getting outhatted by The Hat.

He got outsmarted by the man they call "Lesticles."

The worst coach on the field was not the worst coach after all. Although, at this point, only an idiot would be unwilling to acknowledge that LSU coach Les Miles is just a plain genius. The guy may be unorthodox, but he took his team — without the benefit of a competent quarterback — into a jammed-packed, insanely loud Bryant-Denny Stadium and won the most hyped game in a long time in college football. And he did so by not letting his team beat itself, by not beating his team.

Meanwhile, Saban was doing all kinds of questionable things.

What was up with the pass by Maze with 11 minutes left in the fourth and the score tied? Maze himself admitted he had only thrown three times at Alabama, though he "does it a lot in practice" and talked about the game plan being to "run it down their throats."

Having Maze back to field the ensuing punt was equally questionable.

And the insistence of repeatedly going back to his field goal kickers, who were struggling, and from crazy long, almost un-makeable distances, was infuriating even for those without rooting interests. By the time 'Bama reached overtime with a 52-yard field goal needing to be made, his kickers were mentally fried. Nobody in the stadium thought Cade Foster was making it, certainly not Cade Foster.

"The things that were wrong is guys missed kicks and the guy didn't field a punt. What else?" Saban said when asked about his kicking game. "Those weren't easy kicks, so I don't put that all on the kicking game."

Absolutely not, I put a lot of that on the coach who refused to punt and pin LSU deep. That was not up for discussion, as talk stayed on missed opportunities and being "inconsistent getting a hat on a Hat."

And though Saban definitely did not mean this as a coaching comparison, and all capitalization is mine and mine alone, that perfectly sums up the battle of the sidelines.

If this were Miles, he'd be getting roasted for too much Lesticles with the Maze pass, for sheer stupidity on his first-half field-goal use and for his laissez-faire attitude leading to costly second-half penalties. This was Saban, though, so his hands stayed mostly clean.

We tend to put coaches in boxes; Saban gets to be a calculating genius while Miles is the mad genius who lucks his way into victories. Neither is totally true. Miles makes a lot of his own luck, and Saban makes his share of mistakes.

I am not saying Saban is a bad coach. It is absurd to even suggest.

He just did not have his best game in the biggest game — better than his kicker and worse than his running back Trent Richardson, which is why I do not totally discount the idea of a rematch. As good as this game was, and I thoroughly enjoyed the throwdown of defenses, it could have been better.

"Coach Saban told us in the locker room it's not over," Hanks said. "There is definitely a chance of seeing those guys again if things go our way."

So the to-do list for 'Bama is: 1) Root for Arkansas, and 2) beat LSU in a rematch.

The latter will be the much easier task because, as the Tide repeated again and again, they are the better team.

"It's going around the locker room. I could see it on everybody's face," Richardson said. "We felt like … we still feel like we are the best team out there even though they did win the ball game."

There it was, finally, an admission Alabama did indeed lose. The Tide do not see themselves losing again, if given the chance over Boise and Stanford and Oklahoma State.

A good start would be to get a better effort from their coach.

Clay Death
11-06-2011, 04:53 PM
my team:

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz47/claydeath/ocean007.jpg

out_here_grindin
11-09-2011, 12:17 AM
all Penn State scandal talk in the new thread please.

Neumann
11-11-2011, 06:36 AM
One more day till Saturday! :D

I'm really looking forward to the Oregon-Stanford. Two offensive powerhouses with completely different styles. Speed Vs Power.
I don't know how either defense is going to hold up, but I think Oregon has the edge. Last year, they just ran all over Stanford, and the teams haven't changed that much.
That said, if Stanford is able to play more solid than it has, and win, they'll become the #2 in my poll. Okie St has a reeeeallly suspect defense (albeit with a video game offense).

I'm also looking forward the Nebraska-Penn State, with huge implications in the Big 10... and CNN. :o

out_here_grindin
11-11-2011, 02:02 PM
I think Stanford will have a slight edge just because of QB play. I hope Stanford wins to keep themselves in the title mix.

I will be at Clemson vs Wake Forest, if Clemson wins we will take the Atlantic divisionbut if we lose Wake Forest will lead with one game left.

I was glad to see Virginia Tech beat Georgia Tech last night. I would rather face VT again than GT.

Neumann
11-12-2011, 07:35 PM
I think Stanford will have a slight edge just because of QB play. I hope Stanford wins to keep themselves in the title mix.

I will be at Clemson vs Wake Forest, if Clemson wins we will take the Atlantic divisionbut if we lose Wake Forest will lead with one game left.

I was glad to see Virginia Tech beat Georgia Tech last night. I would rather face VT again than GT.

Congratulations! :D
Wow, after Catanzaro missed that FG with more than a minute left, it seemed you guys were dead... but boy, do you strike fast!
It was fantastic to watch the kicker redeem himself, and then the field invasion, so much passion (were you there?). Very well done :worship:

And now, let's see the Ducks quack all over Stanford. I hope they score a few more points than in the Game in the Century.

out_here_grindin
11-14-2011, 03:33 AM
And quack they did. Stanford could not stop anything at all, James was doing anything and everything he wanted all night long.

Yeah, we really survived a tough one. I was stunned to see Wake go up 28-14 seemingly out of nowhere. Some people get on us for rushing the field, but that is what Clemson does after every game. It's a great experience for the kids and students to go on the field after games. More teams should do it.

Clay Death
11-15-2011, 02:33 PM
vamooooooooooooooooooooooos LSU.

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz47/claydeath/lsufdl017.jpg

Neumann
11-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Wow, 4 of the top 7 lost yesterday! :eek:
USC showed how good they are, and Robert Griffin III showed that he deserves the Heisman.

I was aghast when people were talking about an LSU-Alabama re-match in the NCG, but now I'm coming around to think that it might be the best possible game (with some TDs this time, please!).

The Big Game between Stanford and Cal was somewhat under-whelming. For a university with the 3rd highest endowment, they should have a better field surface.
Still, it was an intense and fun game. All the theatrics with the Stanford Axe always crack me up :lol:

out_here_grindin
11-22-2011, 12:15 AM
This week the NC State debacle must be put aside. Why? It's Gamecock week. And as much as we pretend the rest of the season matters, when the Palmetto State battle begins nothing else matters, not one play from any previous game is as vital as each play vs South Carolina. The Iron Bowl gets all the press because the two teams involved have larger national profiles but the Clemson/South Carolina games have the same passion and hate. Fans of both teams look to this game as the big one.

Starting tonight I will do a recap of the recent history of this series(I have watched every second of each of the last 12 years of this rivalry, 4 of them I was there in person).

You can continue discussing the world of college football, but I will not be participating. One game matters.

Neumann
11-26-2011, 07:35 AM
This week the NC State debacle must be put aside. Why? It's Gamecock week. And as much as we pretend the rest of the season matters, when the Palmetto State battle begins nothing else matters, not one play from any previous game is as vital as each play vs South Carolina. The Iron Bowl gets all the press because the two teams involved have larger national profiles but the Clemson/South Carolina games have the same passion and hate. Fans of both teams look to this game as the big one.

Starting tonight I will do a recap of the recent history of this series(I have watched every second of each of the last 12 years of this rivalry, 4 of them I was there in person).

You can continue discussing the world of college football, but I will not be participating. One game matters.

Man, you're intense. Let's see what happens tomorrow, but I hope that whatever it is, your heart can handle it.

I'm really intrigued with who'll be getting to all the BCS bowls. If results go according to the script, LSU and Alabama will go to the National Title game.
Rose should be between Oregon and Wisconsin, and the Orange between Clemson and some unranked Big East team. :rolleyes:

The 4 at-large berths should be for Alabama, Houston, and then OkST, Stanford or Michigan for the last two.

But we all know football rarely goes as expected! :D

Looking forward the Auburn-Alabama and Notre Dame-Stanford games tomorrow.

Mae
11-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Go LSU :cheerleader:

out_here_grindin
11-26-2011, 11:46 PM
about to kick off. I seriously don't know if I can physically handle the stress. Look at that hellhole in Columbia. C'mon Tigers stomp a mudhole in it.

Clay Death
11-27-2011, 12:22 AM
its crunch time fo sho.

go clemson tigers.

out_here_grindin
11-28-2011, 12:37 AM
The tears are almost dry.

It's hard to know where to start after a performance like that. I think the hardest thing for me to accept is that after getting absolutely humiliated against NC State, the team didn't have the heart to come back and make a statement that their performance the week before wasn't acceptable. Their manhood and their pride are directly challenged against NC State (and really the past 3 weeks), and they show up with another disgraceful performance. That is really disheartening, especially after such a promising start to the season.

Offense:
Another poor performance by the OL. I’ve heard all of the commentary about how good USCs DL is, with Clowney, Ingram, blah blah blah. I don’t care. We have 4 seniors on our OL and a junior. They are experienced guys that have plenty of talent, and are coached by one of the best in the league with Caldwell. I think the problem is complacency and laziness. Their poor attitudes are coming home to roost (no pun intended) now. Some of their comments earlier in the year paint a good picture of what we’re dealing with. Comment like “who gets up (motivated) for a noon game”, acknowledging that they are complacent, and realizing at the end of your senior year that it’s time to be a leader are all examples of a line that has come nowhere close to living up to their potential, and as a result, the team’s potential. Completely mind-boggling and unacceptable. I don’t know if their attitude is contagious, but it sure seems to be the case.

Tajh seems to have lost his confidence. Honestly I think at the beginning of the year he was able to live off of his talent, confidence, and accuracy to fit balls in tight places. But the second half of the season, it seems D coordinators have realized that if they drop 7 guys in coverage, or OL won’t block anyone enough for us to run the ball, and Tajh will not be able to read coverages and check down if needed. He really needs to become a more complete QB. However, the good news is that he is still young, FAR exceeded our expectations for most of the year, and will have a full offseason of tutelage by Morris.

Defense
Can someone please tell Steele that he is not coaching at MIT? Unfortunately (or fortunately) this is the first game I’ve been able to see live this year since I live 500 miles away, but it is clearly evident when watching the field live that the Defensive guys are thoroughly confused out there on almost every play. I’m not talking about normal adjustments when the offense shows their cards. I’m talking about the fact that all the way up to the snap, there are safeties, LBs, corners, all trying to get the others attention, asking questions, throwing their hands up because they don’t know where to line up!? What the heck is going on????? It’s no wonder that our guys are playing tentative and guessing on every play because they don’t have a clue and have to do so much thinking on every play. Steele, SIMPLIFY THINGS!!!!!!! Let your guys play defense without trying to solve complex mathematical equations each play. From what I know about him, he’s infatuated with playing the odds, and the odds of this happening and that. How about just playing some D and exerting your will on the Offense? It seems he loves the statistical analysis more than smashing somebody in the mouth. I know our guys are young on D but I fail to see ANY improvement in this Defense at all since the beginning of the year. Especially when you know exactly what they are going to do?!? This guy either doesn’t communicate effectively to his guys, doesn’t listen to them (saying that they don’t know what he’s talking about), or both, but it is no wonder these guys are on their heels most of the time. Regardless of the youth of the D, this has got to be one of the worst Defenses ever for Clemson football.

I know this is a rant, but I have been stewing on this all last night dealing with all of the coot fans, and thinking about it all day. I still believe in Dabo, but I think he’s clearly a work in progress. I think he’s changed a bit since he first took over, when he was all encouragement and positivity. I do believe he gets on the guys more now and lets them know their play is unacceptable. But I think he still has more evolving to do as a HC. I do not believe he can turn it around in a week for the ACCCG, if he (and the players) couldn’t do it in a week to face the Coots after the NC State debacle. I hope I am wrong

Johnny Groove
11-28-2011, 12:44 AM
Clemson football really runs through your veins, eh Jeff? :lol:

They can still beat Va Tech next week and get to a BCS bowl.

I'd hate to see a LSU-Bama rematch, what a shit game that was. LSU-OK State, now we are talking.

out_here_grindin
11-28-2011, 01:12 AM
I really don't wish to see Bama/LSU again. Unfortunately there appeares to be no way around it unless Georgia stuns LSU. They have been playing great lately but do they have a shot to beat LSU? They will likely threaten for a while then LSU will pull away again.

Overall the weekend was a dud. Too many blowouts. Hopefully next week is better

out_here_grindin
11-28-2011, 01:22 AM
and what about Houston? If LSU loses they will be the only undefeated team in the nation.

Neumann
11-28-2011, 04:56 AM
Even if LSU loses to Georgia, they'd probably be in the top 2. What I haven't seen confirmed is whether the SEC would get 3 BCS berths or not.

I think another Alabama-LSU could be quite good. OkSt-LSU could be quite interesting, or just a blowout.

jayjay
12-03-2011, 08:02 PM
I will never forgive Oklahoma for losing to Texas Tech (although I've forgiven them enough to back them to beat OSU tonight :lol: ), the Sooners should be playing for a spot in the national championship tonight rather than just a Big 12 title.

Jon - you said LSU/Alabama was shit? Totally disagree. Those are two unreal D's and it was great to watch them strangle both offenses. I'm not saying I'd rather see LSU/Bama for the national title, cos I wanted either Oklahoma or Oregon to make it, but since that won't happen now, I'm up for seeing those 2 D's create havoc once again and it will be the same result - an LSU win.

jayjay
12-03-2011, 08:04 PM
OkSt-LSU could be quite interesting, or just a blowout.

LSU would murder OSU.

OSU can't play any D whatsoever, and LSU's D would easily be able to slow down OSU's offense. OU/LSU would have been interesting, but that's dead in the water now.

out_here_grindin
12-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Oklahoma State is a better team than Oklahoma this year. But if it was Oklahoma in OSU's spot they would probably jump Alabama based strictly on name.

out_here_grindin
12-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Georgia pumped up out of their kicks to start this game. Play action bombs,onsides kicks,reverse passes. All of that for a 3-0 lead. They need to calm it down.

out_here_grindin
12-03-2011, 10:00 PM
#1 team in the nation didn't get a 1st down in the 1st half.

jayjay
12-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Oklahoma State is a better team than Oklahoma this year. But if it was Oklahoma in OSU's spot they would probably jump Alabama based strictly on name.

No chance. Even without Ryan Broyles you're going to see tonight that statement is very wrong.

jayjay
12-03-2011, 10:53 PM
#1 team in the nation didn't get a 1st down in the 1st half.

They were abysmal beyond belief.

But when you've got maybe the best College D ever and the Honey Badger it doesn't matter. Did anyone spot Mathieu doing a Desean Jackson - at the time it happened? I certainly didn't.

out_here_grindin
12-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Georgia folding faster than a cheap tent. Their offesnive play calling had gone down the drain. They missed so many oportunities early, all that emotion and only had a 10-7 halftime lead.

jayjay
12-04-2011, 01:42 AM
That was about as pathetic a half of football as it gets from OU. Just when it looked like OU were going to make it 10-7, Landry Jones just gave OSU an early Christmas present. Dreadful.

Jones is really going to struggle in the NFL.

out_here_grindin
12-04-2011, 02:45 AM
:cool: Clemson putting it on the Hokies now 31-10 going into 4th

jayjay
12-04-2011, 02:45 AM

My apologies and respect. :hatoff:

OU got *****.

jayjay
12-04-2011, 02:46 AM
:cool: Clemson putting it on the Hokies now 31-10 going into 4th

I love Sammy Watkins and tonight I love Clemson for getting me out of the hole OU put me in. :lol:

Neumann
12-04-2011, 04:56 AM
LSU would murder OSU.

OSU can't play any D whatsoever, and LSU's D would easily be able to slow down OSU's offense. OU/LSU would have been interesting, but that's dead in the water now.

Like today against Oklahoma? Oklahoma had a horrible game (WTF Jones?), but you have to admit their offense is still better than LSU.

By the way, LSU had ZERO first downs and TWELVE offensive yards in the first half of today's game. It was comical how the only TD they scored (on a punt return) did not even cross the end zone plane :lol:
Yes, with some good defensive plays and decent offense they ended up blowing out Georgia, but I'm convinced that an OkSt-LSU Championship Game would be fun.

And there's a chance for that. OKSt should jump to #2 in the computers, so with 25% of the #2 votes in the human polls, bam!, a NCG with some offense in it :cool:

Neumann
12-04-2011, 05:00 AM
By the way who do you guys think/deserves to win the Heisman?

I think it'll be Luck, but I think RG3 deserves it. The man has had an insane season.

PR blitz for Luck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2yNfXg4yY&hd=1

RG3 :cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhyqhn1LJps

jayjay
12-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Like today against Oklahoma? Oklahoma had a horrible game (WTF Jones?), but you have to admit their offense is still better than LSU.

By the way, LSU had ZERO first downs and TWELVE offensive yards in the first half of today's game. It was comical how the only TD they scored (on a punt return) did not even cross the end zone plane :lol:
Yes, with some good defensive plays and decent offense they ended up blowing out Georgia, but I'm convinced that an OkSt-LSU Championship Game would be fun.

And there's a chance for that. OKSt should jump to #2 in the computers, so with 25% of the #2 votes in the human polls, bam!, a NCG with some offense in it :cool:

That wasn't the real OU out there, let's remember Ryan Broyles and Whaley are out and Jaz Reynolds played about 5 snaps because of sickness. I'm not taking it away from OSU, though - they humiliated OU.

And yes OSU's offense is much better than LSU - that was never up for debate. However, LSU's D is just absurd (I'm already praying the Giants get to draft Morris Claiborne). OSU's offense would be slowed down mightily by LSU and even though OSU played well on D last night, they are usually pretty shit and LSU would be able to do more than enough against them on short fields to run away with it.

LSU's offense were pathetic in the first half - but as I said earlier, when you have a D like they have, I guess it doesn't matter how badly they play on offense!

I agree with you that OSU might have a chance now of vaulting Bama because this OU thrashing will be fresh in the memory, but for the sake of a more competitive title game, it should be LSU/Bama, but OSU certainly have a case for saying it should be them.

Re: Heisman - RG3 has been incredible but for me I'd still give it to Trent Richardson pipping Andrew Luck. RG3 said after the Texas game "I think Baylor just won its first Heisman". :lol: Will be iconic if he turns out to be correct.

Neumann
12-04-2011, 04:47 PM
And yes OSU's offense is much better than LSU - that was never up for debate.

No, I referred to Oklahoma's offense being better than LSU's. My point being that OSU was able to slow down effectively a formidable Oklahoma's offense, which is significantly better than LSU (and I know Oklahoma had some key injuries, and turnovers. Although turnovers are part of OSU's kind of defense).
OSU's defense has improved over the season, and I think it'd stop LSU enough to make it a game. :)

Re: Heisman - RG3 has been incredible but for me I'd still give it to Trent Richardson pipping Andrew Luck. RG3 said after the Texas game "I think Baylor just won its first Heisman". :lol: Will be iconic if he turns out to be correct.

Richardson has played amazing, weaving in between tackles, power running, speed running. You really cannot ask much more from a running back.
Similar things could be said about Mathieu (you couldn't ask more from a defensive back. Well, maybe smoking less pot ;)) and other players.

But I feel that if you were to substitute those players for other competent ones, their teams would still have similar production, and identical 11-1 and 13-0 records.

RG3 and Luck have done so much more for their teams. Heck, RG3 even rushed for 644 yards! It's part of being a QB. Some people might think it's unfair to favor QBs in the Heisman selection, but the award is for the most outstanding college player with integrity. And you measure that with production (you don't choose punter or snappers, no matter how good they are).

And clearly, without RG3 and Luck, their teams would have a significantly worse record.

jayjay
12-05-2011, 01:45 AM
No, I referred to Oklahoma's offense being better than LSU's. My point being that OSU was able to slow down effectively a formidable Oklahoma's offense, which is significantly better than LSU (and I know Oklahoma had some key injuries, and turnovers. Although turnovers are part of OSU's kind of defense).
OSU's defense has improved over the season, and I think it'd stop LSU enough to make it a game. :)

My bad, I read it initially as OSU's offense. I give OSU alot of credit for how their D played last night, but I do think it must be said that OU just weren't at the races - for whatever reason, aside from the fact they were missing their 1st and 3rd best WRs and starting RB (although I actually think Finch is better than Whaley long-term, anyway).

I think LSU would beat OSU by at least 2 TDs, but we'll never know.

Richardson has played amazing, weaving in between tackles, power running, speed running. You really cannot ask much more from a running back.
Similar things could be said about Mathieu (you couldn't ask more from a defensive back. Well, maybe smoking less pot ;)) and other players.

But I feel that if you were to substitute those players for other competent ones, their teams would still have similar production, and identical 11-1 and 13-0 records.

I agree with that to a large extent, although I will also say that Alabama's offense is really not up to much and without Richardson (and given they lost Julio and Ingram also from last season's team) I'm not as convinced as you might be that they'd only have 1 loss without him.

RG3 and Luck have done so much more for their teams. Heck, RG3 even rushed for 644 yards! It's part of being a QB. Some people might think it's unfair to favor QBs in the Heisman selection, but the award is for the most outstanding college player with integrity. And you measure that with production (you don't choose punter or snappers, no matter how good they are).

And clearly, without RG3 and Luck, their teams would have a significantly worse record.

I do think it's unfair to favour QBs and given that the past 10 winners have pretty much all been QBs (bar Ingram and Bush) is a shame in way, because there is alot more talent out there than just QBs and it's supposed to be for the best player - regardless of position.

All the buzz is on RG3 right now and he appears to have surged in the polls. I would probably like him to win, but I don't think he should beat out Richardson or Luck - if that makes any sense.

out_here_grindin
12-05-2011, 04:18 AM
If Suh or Mathieu didn't win the heisman than a defensive player never will again. I know his chances are shot now, but the most valuable player to his team was Case Keenum. RG3 is a close second because he has single handidly truned Baylor into a winner. Baylor for 20 years was the equal of Vanderbilt and Duke, always at the cellar. And the thing is Griffin was even more freakish prior to his kneww injury a couple years ago. He has crazy fast before that and ran all the time. He is more of a passer now.

Who do you think Texas A&M should hire? Lots of interesting jobs still open. Arizona State, UCLA,Kansas and Illinois

out_here_grindin
12-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Heisman winner to be announced in 30 minutes or so

Ozone
12-11-2011, 03:42 AM
Congrats to RG3, well deserved to say the least. What he did at Baylor is unbelievable. I think Kellen Moore should have been a finalist this year. Screwed just like Boise State again this year, but I guess not if we are ranking teams based on their fan base now

out_here_grindin
12-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Robert Griffin III deserved it. A worthy winner for once. I'm glad they did not give it too Luck as a lifetime achievement award. But Luck was classy about the whole situation as was Griffin.

35 bowl games coming up. Far far too many. When we have teams like Illinois(ended season on 6 game losing streak), Mississippi State(didnt beat a team with a winning record all year) and UCLA(6-7) in bowl games then you know there are too many bowls.
There are a few good ones. I will enter one of those bowl pick em groups with the confidence points at some point

out_here_grindin
12-13-2011, 02:25 AM
Tyrann Mathieu. The ability to turn a game on its head in one instant. Few players have that capability. He has it and does it time and time again.

2ZbQR8j-d2g

This completely changed the game

Sham Kay
12-13-2011, 03:16 AM
Don't get the sport and even I'm impressed by that. Dude should take a bow.

out_here_grindin
01-01-2012, 12:28 AM
He's increbile. Has amazing ball sense, always flying to the ball.

So bowl games are well underway now. The highlight of course being the 67-56 insanity between Baylor and Washington.

Nice comeback by the Utah Utes today against G Tech.

out_here_grindin
10-09-2013, 09:21 PM
ok so I don't know who here still follows college football but I am bumping this thread for this season.

My Clemson Tigers are #3 in the nation right now. Tajh Boyd is playing like a true heisman contender. Beating Georgia to start the season was indescribable. Death Valley was roaring all night.
Another one of those nights in the valley is coming up on October 19th as Florida State will come to time. "Famous" Jameis Winston has been playing lights out as a freshman but will he be able to handle the Valley crowd?

Baylor is the sleeper in the nation.Their offense is SICK. They have scored over 70 points in each game they have played and it's so balanced it's absurd. It's honestly one of the best offenses I have ever seen in college football ever and that includes Oregon who is looking unstoppable at the moment. The Quack Attack will get a big test this weekend though in Seattle as Washington is straight legit this year and really should have beaten Stanford if not for a questionable overturn by the refs on Saturday.

The SEC is the new WAC. Scoring is out if of control and pass happy offenses are running wild. Johnny Football looks as good as ever but one critical mistake against Bama coast them earlier this year.

Jadaveon Clowney is turning into a bigger and bigger clown each week with his antics. Talked trash all off-season and then did nothing as his Gamecock defense was lit up by Georgia.

Good season thus far. Not a lot of upsets yet, but they are coming.

out_here_grindin
10-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Let me address Texas and Mack Brown real quick.

There's a massive difference between what Texas WAS and what Texas IS now. And what Texas IS now is a team excited about a 1 point win over Iowa State where the refs had to screw the pooch to give Texas the game. That's where they are at now. I'm not even going to bring up the beating they took at the hands of BYU and Ole Miss, actually I am. How does Texas get run all over by some white guy with a knee brace? BYU made it look easy.

I don't think people truly understand how big the Texas program should be. This is a program with a 104,000 seat stadium that they fill out every game. They are the only school with their own TV station the Longhorn network. They routinely get millions of dollars donated to them by their oil conglomerate alumni and are always #1 in athletic funding. They should be top 10 each year at the least and contend for a national title every few years. The state of Texas has the best high school football around hands down, there are some high schools with 20,000 seat stadiums in Texas and a higher athletic budget than some small countries. Right now Texas A&M is the kingpin in the state but the Longhorns have always been the bigger program historically and they always will be, unless they get really stupid in Austin. Baylor like I mentioned above is running roughshod over everyone but remember in the mid 2000's when Baylor was the laughing stock of the Big 12. They won like 3 or 2 games a season? Texas has so lost their grip on their state it's absurd. Not to mention they are getting SKULLFUCKED by Oklahoma each year now. Now skullfucked is not a term I throw around loosely but it fits when the last two seasons Oklahoma has beaten Texas by scores of 55-17 and 63-21. How does Texas put up with losing to their chief rival like that each year? Mack Brown's time has come at Texas and no matter what they do from here on out this season they need to put all that oil money in the piggy bank and go get Saban. Because if Saban goes to Texas it's game over everyone else

out_here_grindin
10-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Louisville is an interesting case this year. They will almost certainly go 12-0 but have almost no shot of playing for the national title. Their schedule is so unbelievably weak they have no chance. There really is not a single game for them that will gage where they are. Last night was probably their toughest test and the beat Rutgers 24-10. Teddy Bridgewater is widely considered to be the best QB in the nation but because he is putting up his numbers vs such weak teams he is getting almost no Heisman buzz, that buzz is going to the likes of Tajh Boyd and Marcus Mariota.

out_here_grindin
10-13-2013, 05:27 AM
pretty crazy day overall.

Texas makes a last stand and beats Oklahoma 36-20. The Red River rivalry is a great rivalry and the fact it's played at the 50/50 neutral cite in Dallas which is equidistant between Austin and Norman is awesome. But these lopsided results kinda hurt the game's lore.

Stanford goes down at Utah 27-21. Pretty massive upset considering how good Stanford had been looking

Michigan blows their game vs Penn State and lose 43-40 in 4ots. The kicker missed the easiest fieldgoal in the world that would have won the game.

Oregon shows just how lethal they are in punishing a good Washington team in Seattle 45-24. Mariota is an unstoppable machine right now.

Georgia got exposed to day by Missouri 41-26. Thankfully talk about them can die now.

out_here_grindin
10-17-2013, 12:47 PM
oJUSH0sI2PU

I'm so jacked out of my mind for this game already. I keep hearing all about "Famous" Jameis Winston. He's a freshman and he's saying "I'm ready for the atmosphere at Clemson, I've played Alabama high school football" Is he kidding? How is high school football going to prepare you for a crowd of 85,000? I don't expect him to come into the Valley and just fold, because he undoubtedly has talent but I just can't see him coming in here and out dueling Tajh Boyd.

out_here_grindin
10-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Guinness book of world records will be there to gage the decibel level. An attempt will be made to break the decibel level record of 137 decibels

out_here_grindin
10-18-2013, 07:05 PM
UCF vs Louisville tonight. UCF has a serious shot.

Last night Miami played awful big was able to best North Carolina and their ridiculous "zero dark Thursday" blackout because backup running back Dallas Crawford just decided to put the team on his back and carry them. Very impressive running by Crawford last night. Miami stays unbeaten. 3rd ACC team in the top 10

out_here_grindin
10-19-2013, 12:43 PM
I'll be in Clemson all day. Leaving now to get on gameday and will be around until kickoff which is at 8:20pm or so. Then it'll be time for war.