Who on the Eastern N.A. just felt that earthquake? And who here has experienced one? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who on the Eastern N.A. just felt that earthquake? And who here has experienced one?

Filo V.
08-23-2011, 06:04 PM
OMG, we just had a 6.1 magnitude earthquake here in the east coast, so much trembling and shaking. It was centralized in a city about 45 minutes away, so we felt it huge, and it lasted for like 2-3 minutes. I thought the house was breaking apart :stupid: Never been through such a situation before. It was really weird, I was scared because I thought it was the house, but when I recognized it was an earthquake, it was fine. It makes me feel for people in countries where earthquakes are common.

Has anyone here been through an earthquake? If so, how did you react? Were you scared? Was there any damage to your house? Were their aftershockes?

EDIT: After reading it was felt in Chicago and Atlanta, I changed the thread title to Eastern North America.

Filo V.
08-23-2011, 06:13 PM
The earthquake was felt from south Florida all the way to Detroit, NYC, Boston and Conneticut. Shit like this doesn't happen on the East coast, but at least now I can say I survived an earthquake :angel:

Oh well, back to my day now!

buddyholly
08-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Didn't feel it in Toronto, but I was walking on a trek to find Toronto's best bagel. I did have my earbuds in though and was listening to Little Richard and "Whole lotta shakin' goin'' on'' at the time.

I experienced many tremors in the Caribbean. My philosophy was that if you didn't get wiped out in the initial shock, then it was going to be Ok. Enjoy the ride.

They were best when in bed and you could fully appreciate the waves.

Edit: CNN just said it was felt in Toronto. Too bad I missed it. I live in a high rise and my ceiling light sways with the building on windy days. I am sure it would have been a good seismometer too.

Bilbo
08-23-2011, 09:56 PM
intraplate earthquake

theMEESH
08-23-2011, 10:02 PM
I live on a fault line, so I've felt a couple (but only light ones) :lol:

I slept throught the last major one (6.7 in 1994) but the epicenter is about 50 miles away from my home.

out_here_grindin
08-23-2011, 10:20 PM
I was at a doctor's office and one of the doctors came in and asked if we had felt it because apparently he did. I didn't feel anything though here in South Carolina.

Seingeist
08-23-2011, 11:16 PM
I live in the greater Philadelphia area, and I was sitting at the table and the whole thing started shaking for about 5 seconds or so.

It was very light, so it wasn't frightening or anything, but I had no idea what was causing it. My wife was also in the apartment but she did not notice it.

cobalt60
08-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Supposedly it was felt here in Maine. I did not feel it but then again I already have a whole lotta shakin going on....

Seingeist
08-23-2011, 11:49 PM

I did not feel it but then again I already have a whole lotta shakin going on....

Are these intended as sex jokes or is my mind just in the gutter? ;)

Probably the latter.

fast_clay
08-24-2011, 12:02 AM
i had a massive bowel movement last week... was huge... nearly fell over... was unsteady for a while...

would that count...?

Getta
08-24-2011, 12:40 AM

Probably the latter.

buddyholly is right here. you can fully appreciate the wave in bed, feeling it shaking you back and forth in the same direction and the opposite direction as the direction the wave is moving.
by the way, buddyholly always sounds good but who has time to hear him?

as for cobalt60, i'm reasonably sure she cheerily presented us the funny side of sex.

Johnny Groove
08-24-2011, 01:04 AM
The earthquake was felt from south Florida all the way to Detroit, NYC, Boston and Conneticut. Shit like this doesn't happen on the East coast, but at least now I can say I survived an earthquake :angel:

Oh well, back to my day now!

Definitely did not feel it here in South Florida. Media exaggeration at its best.

Supposedly it was felt here in Maine. I did not feel it but then again I already have a whole lotta shakin going on....

Didn't feel it in Toronto, but I was walking on a trek to find Toronto's best bagel. I did have my earbuds in though and was listening to Little Richard and "Whole lotta shakin' goin'' on'' at the time.

buddyholly is right here. you can fully appreciate the wave in bed, feeling it shaking you back and forth in the same direction and the opposite direction as the direction the wave is moving. as for cobalt60, i'm reasonably sure she cheerily presented us the funny side of sex.

Ugh! I despise these crude jokes!

Lee
08-24-2011, 01:46 AM

Probably the latter.

I don't think Sue's post has anything to do with sex from what I know on her FB :p

buddyholly
08-24-2011, 02:31 AM

Probably the latter.The latter.

Earthquakes are not predictable, so to use them as a sex toy one would need to be in a constant state of .................. readiness.

smitty8
08-24-2011, 02:37 AM
Oh, I felt it! It was like riding a wave up then back down. Kind of like a bumpy subway ride. I think I'm probably about 2 hours drive from the epicenter. I knew that's what it was, then my brain started thinking that was impossible and we were trying to figure out if the huge crane outside (lifting up massive air conditioning units to the top of the building) hit the building, but after running to that window to see, we knew that wasn't the case. The water in our water cooler had waves in it. We're on a fault line, so I knew an earthquake was possible and we've had a very small one (I didn't feel it) years ago, but I didn't expect to ever feel one here. Got everyone in the office a bit excited, that's for sure.

Seingeist
08-24-2011, 04:18 AM
The latter.

Earthquakes are not predictable, so to use them as a sex toy one would need to be in a constant state of .................. readiness.

:lol:

Well I don't presume to know you well enough, BH, to say with any confidence that you are not typically in said state of readiness.

In any case, I think that you may have just created an interesting new fetish.

Arkulari
08-24-2011, 04:18 AM
I live in South America at the Andes mountains so yeah, I've felt some.

buddyholly
08-24-2011, 03:01 PM
:lol:

Well I don't presume to know you well enough, BH, to say with any confidence that you are not typically in said state of readiness.

In any case, I think that you may have just created an interesting new fetish.

Sex tourism in Thailand will plummet in favour of Japan and Chile.

bokehlicious
08-24-2011, 05:00 PM
http://laughingsquid.com/devastating-photo-of-earthquake-damage-in-washington-dc/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+laughingsquid+%28Laughing+Squ id%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

cobalt60
08-24-2011, 11:34 PM

Probably the latter.

Egads no sir; so the latter :p

BTW I work in a concrete bunker;) so I would not have felt it no matter what...........

fast_clay
08-25-2011, 03:12 AM
Egads no sir; so the latter :p

BTW I work in a concrete bunker;) so I would not have felt it no matter what...........

why were you having sex in a concrete bunker...? and at work...? interesting developments these...

Dmitry Verdasco
08-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Once at an airport.

Once at work.

If we stopped mining our glorious Mother Earth there wouldn't be huge holes under our feet and the earth wouldn't quake as much. :shrug:

abraxas21
08-25-2011, 02:35 PM
bunch of pussies

Bilbo
08-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Americans make a big fuss about this earthquake even though nothing really happened

ibreak4coffee
08-25-2011, 05:06 PM
I was sitting in the stands of Court 7 when the EQ hit. To put it mildly, the shaking was minor, and by the time everyone had figured out what happened, it was already over

cobalt60
08-25-2011, 11:25 PM
why were you having sex in a concrete bunker...? and at work...? interesting developments these...

:angel: High energy beans of radiation;) Concrete= Shielding I can't help it that I am so busy you know. :p

Kat_YYZ
08-28-2011, 08:29 AM

I experienced many tremors in the Caribbean. My philosophy was that if you didn't get wiped out in the initial shock, then it was going to be Ok. Enjoy the ride.

Edit: CNN just said it was felt in Toronto. Too bad I missed it. I live in a high rise and my ceiling light sways with the building on windy days. I am sure it would have been a good seismometer too.

Oh I felt it. I'm on the third floor of an older building and you definitely feel the swaying. I felt the one that happened last year, too. It was a few days before the G20. Everyone was already so tense, and then that.