Has RAFA given up this year or ... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Has RAFA given up this year or ...

jackjill888
08-21-2011, 02:31 PM
.....he is trying to take some pressure off himself by saying that he will try to compete with Novak starting next year ???????.

HERE is the excerpt from his interview after nando match at cincy

Q. You talked about how Novak is a mental challenge for you. For some reason it happens that when players have a new challenge, they struggle with their game against other players as well.
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, probably today I'm a little bit too tired to talk about Novak. That's the true. You can ask me every day. I am happy to answer every day before this, but I have to go to rest. It's 7:30. For me, the mental part against Novak...

Q. I mean against everybody else because you have a new challenge.
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't understand the question. (Through translation.) I don't have a personal rivalry against Novak. I have a rivalry against everybody. I try my best every day when I go on court. This year, Novak is doing fantastic things, fabulous what he's doing, it's really amazing, and probably impossible to repeat for the rest of us.
I want to congratulate him, but for me the challenge is not different. I have a goal right now, and that's improve my tennis to be enough good to compete against him for next yeah. For this year, I don't have enough time to practice, but hopefully for next year, yes.
I have to change and improve a few things, and that's what I going to try.

also the link to the entire presser :http://www.rafaholics.com/2011/08/cincy-nadalverdasco-presser.html

i feel it's a negative kind of an attitude heading into the last gs of the year

xdrewitdajx
08-21-2011, 02:34 PM
he's probably just tired of talking about Djokovic. He's given up on interviews for the year, maybe

AlteredEgo
08-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Improvements like get a backhand? And larger shorts?

jackjill888
08-21-2011, 02:36 PM
he's probably just tired of talking about Djokovic. He's given up on interviews for the year, maybe

but still it's like giving more confidence to your main rival

jackjill888
08-21-2011, 02:38 PM
how come no practice time this year ???

is he short of excuses ???

plzz rafa , buck up ...

Clay Death
08-21-2011, 02:40 PM
i think he realizes that it will take some time to fix all that is wrong with his game. so he tells it like it is.

this is not rocket science. nole is not his problem. his declining game is the problem. everthing has takena hit this year. his usual supreme fitness is not there for one thing. the backhand, the return, the serve, and the like will need a few months total sacrifice and hard work to fix.

he let everything go in 2010 and they reeled him in. they are just capitalizing as they should.

Foxy
08-21-2011, 07:25 PM
I don't think he means all of that. He just plays with words. Of course he has time between USO and Tokyo and then between Shanghai and Paris. He is just trying to be smart with the words.

born_on_clay
08-21-2011, 08:30 PM
I believe new season is always a fresh start for Rafa(He always underlines the "race ranking" and so on....), that's why he said what he said :shrug:

!VamosRafa!
08-23-2011, 06:10 AM
I've pretty much given up on this year as well... :o
He'll have a bunch of QFs and R3s and then withdraw from the WTFs.

Can't freaking wait for 2012 :sobbing: