The Klitschkos are the greatest in heavyweight boxing history [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Klitschkos are the greatest in heavyweight boxing history

Riosreigned
08-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Bigger better stronger smarter than Ali, Tyson, Louis, Marciano. Too good, too smart, too powerful. They are just about in unbeatable form now after going through some ups and downs, the learning process. Perfect styles with dominant jabs, movement, and powerful hits once the jab is established. Very good hand speed and power and footwork. No real weaknesses. They are on point, always perfectly prepared, mentally strong and focused. They make all their challengers look like bums (which they are not) that's how great they are. Ali was just too small for either Klitschko but if Ali was 6-5 240 ( he was 6-3 218) it would be a different argument. Anybody agree or disagree?

El Legenda
08-18-2011, 04:35 PM
no.

Henry Chinaski
08-18-2011, 09:58 PM
mentioning glassjaw Wlad in a GOAT debate, especially, is pretty laughable

vitali would probably get more credit if he was american despite the mug era

he's beaten whatever's been put in front of him (mostly mugs, no doubt) apart from when he tore a rotator cuff against byrd and had the bad cut v lewis when he was leading on points.

never beaten anyone of note though. don't buy the "bigger stronger" argument. foreman could have knocked him into next week with a punch

StevoTG
08-18-2011, 10:15 PM
I don't think that they get the credit they deserve. You can call it a weak era, but the guys can only beat what's put in front of them. Best of all time, I don't think so - and the GOAT arguements are a bit impossible to make anyway as sports evolve.

Best of a generation is the only concrete evaluation you can make. And the Klitschkos are the best in the sport. They deserve to be seen as the best and they're great champions.

Black Adam
08-18-2011, 11:03 PM
They didn't even have the guts to face Valuev. Until they beat some real fighter I am afraid they're not all that.

Ditto with Henry Chinaski

fast_clay
08-18-2011, 11:40 PM
They didn't even have the guts to face Valuev.

indeed the argument that they faced all before them crashes and burns into the mountain john denver style

Har-Tru
08-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Lol no.

Rocky M is the GOAT.

Caesar1844
08-20-2011, 04:53 AM
Oh there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass. That's their one, that's their one. Rocky Marciano. Rocky Marciano. Let me tell you something once and for all. Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit.

Seingeist
08-20-2011, 06:54 AM
Oh there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass. That's their one, that's their one. Rocky Marciano. Rocky Marciano. Let me tell you something once and for all. Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit.

Har-Tru's avatar leads me to suspect that race is not the primary factor in his choice of boxer. :shrug:

Har-Tru
08-20-2011, 10:16 AM
:lol:

Caesar1844
08-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Har-Tru's avatar leads me to suspect that race is not the primary factor in his choice of boxer. :shrug:http://www.blueficindia.com/full-images/over-head-projector-768792.jpg

Seingeist
08-20-2011, 06:19 PM
http://www.blueficindia.com/full-images/over-head-projector-768792.jpg

Yes, that overhead projector really says it all.

?

Purple Rainbow
08-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Har-Tru's avatar leads me to suspect that race is not the primary factor in his choice of boxer. :shrug:

:worship:

How can you not know this movie... :eek:

merryploughbhoy
08-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Klitschkos are great fighters but I don't think they are the greatest but for sure amongst the greatest, The heavyweight divison is weak just now, full of overweight cruiser weights leaving the Klitschkos bro's the best genuine pound for pound heavyweights. David 'sky box office/HBO' Haye is a joke at this level, good, but not a heavyweight.

Riosreigned
08-25-2011, 11:21 AM
They didn't even have the guts to face Valuev. Until they beat some real fighter I am afraid they're not all that.

Ditto with Henry Chinaski

They would both SLAUGHTER that fake Valuev. Don King knows it and would never sacrifice his big fraud to the Klitschko wrecking machine. Easy easy easy work for the Ks.

Riosreigned
08-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Klitschkos are great fighters but I don't think they are the greatest but for sure amongst the greatest, The heavyweight divison is weak just now, full of overweight cruiser weights leaving the Klitschkos bro's the best genuine pound for pound heavyweights. David 'sky box office/HBO' Haye is a joke at this level, good, but not a heavyweight.

HWT division is not weak but the percetpion is that because the Klitschkos and Lennox Lewis before decimated the entire division and so no contender is even able to rise up and build a name or aura. They are not weak though, Lewis and the Ks are just too damn good. Then once in a while you get a guy like Haye who shows promise but he realized he had no chance and would get KOed if he tried to fight and so thus fought like a coward just to survive. Bottom line, the Klitschkos are just too good they make the sport look easy and all their opponents look like second rate bums. But don't lose sight of the truth, The Ks are like Federer/Nadals/Djokovic, then you have the rest of the field.

Fujee
08-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Marciano is the best old school heavyweight - his record speaks for itself. Tyson is the greatest modern fighter, he wasn't the most tactically astute heavyweight - he employed an all out attack/ferocious assault of left and rights but he was the greatest conditioned and hardest puncher in his prime (in comparison to his contemporaries), also absolutely terrifyingly quick. Plus he's the only fighter opponents were scare to enter the ring with.

Sophocles
08-25-2011, 02:27 PM
No, they are not. Refer to Chinaski's post above.

Fujee
08-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Affirmative, Foreman's heavy bag hitting is ridiculous - one hook from george would send either brother flying.

Commander Data
08-26-2011, 11:40 AM
indeed the argument that they faced all before them crashes and burns into the mountain john denver style

Valuev is second tier. there is just no competition these days. Whether they are this good or the competition is this bad is up for debate.

rocketassist
08-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield at their peaks all better than Vitali and Wlad.

If David Haye is the best challenger they have, then the division is piss.

Valuev isn't the best fighter, but Klitschkos' height make them a better match up for boxing's Dr Ivo than the small, quick Haye was.