NATO's War Against Libya [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NATO's War Against Libya

zeleni
07-24-2011, 12:47 AM
Poll coming. Please vote. :)

zeleni
07-24-2011, 01:07 AM
:facepalm: Forgot to add the most important option in the poll: My country participates, I don't care.

Shall presume that is the opinion of posters from NATO member states who won't vote. :D

buddyholly
07-24-2011, 01:10 AM
:facepalm: Forgot to add the most important option in the poll: My country participates, I don't care.

Shall presume that is the opinion of posters from NATO member states who won't vote. :D

Not a qualified statistician, are you?

But whatever, I shall assume that everyone who won't vote considers you a waste of time.

You voted that you approve NATO's action against Libya?

Jimnik
07-24-2011, 01:17 AM
Didn't know NATO was waging war against Libya. News to me.

zeleni
07-24-2011, 01:17 AM
Not a qualified statistician, are you?

But whatever, I shall assume that everyone who won't vote considers you a waste of time.

You may consider me a looner.:D That will answer everything.:D

zeleni
07-24-2011, 01:19 AM
Didn't know NATO was waging war against Libya. News to me.

:worship:

Orka_n
07-24-2011, 02:01 AM
This thread fails on multiple levels.

abraxas21
07-24-2011, 02:19 AM
NATO's war in Libya is pure crap, like pretty much everything NATO have ever been involved in.

these western nutters would be better off if they started minding their own business instead of meddling with the affairs of foreign countries. go away.

abraxas21
07-24-2011, 02:26 AM
also interesting to see what MTFers care about

Amy Winehouse dead. 27 posts and counting
NATO's war against Libya. 6 posts (before mine).

fast_clay
07-24-2011, 03:46 AM

is it the fault of mtf'ers...? or media agenda/lack of coverage...?

but, still... tough to compare as winehouse death is hot off the press, and north african conflicts kicked off a while back...

buddyholly
07-24-2011, 03:54 AM

If you change "NATO's war against Libya'' to ''yet another zeleni rant against NATO'' maybe you will better understand.

When we get to the tenth "Amy Winehouse dead'' thread the interest will probably wane there too.

buddyholly
07-24-2011, 03:58 AM
You may consider me a looner.:D That will answer everything.:D

No, just someone who can't word a poll properly. Now you and abraxas are on opposite sides.

abraxas21
07-24-2011, 03:59 AM
is it the fault of mtf'ers...? or media agenda/lack of coverage...?

i'd rather not blame the common people. it is what it is. the media certainly has its spin

but, still... tough to compare as winehouse death is hot off the press, and north african conflicts kicked off a while back...

true but even a while back it didnt get that much attention considering the scale of the implications of pretty much a war in a foreign nation. anyhow, that was just an example. remember when kurt kobain died? well, at nearly the same times thousands were dying in rwanda and people didnt care much at the time. the media played its part too

Dougie
07-24-2011, 10:18 AM
zeleni, how hard is it to understand there is no war against the nation of Libya. It is a Libyan civil war between Gaddafi´s troops and the opposition, with NATO supporting the opposition against a dictator who has ignored human rights for over 40 years, and killing his own people. I´m not saying I´m necessarily a big fan of everything the NATO has been a part of, but get your facts straight before you start a rant like this. And you voted "I approve" yourself?

zeleni
07-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Am sorry because my poll options are not clear. Words behind comma are related on official attitude of your country, not on war itself. Should practice more English.

zeleni, how hard is it to understand there is no war against the nation of Libya. It is a Libyan civil war between Gaddafi´s troops and the opposition, with NATO supporting the opposition against a dictator who has ignored human rights for over 40 years, and killing his own people. I´m not saying I´m necessarily a big fan of everything the NATO has been a part of, but get your facts straight before you start a rant like this. And you voted "I approve" yourself?

It is very hard for me to understand. Perhaps my comprehension capability is reduced by first hand experiences and acknowledgements about NATO charity. That makes me excessively suspicious to accept "your" narrative. Can't buy it. Please forgive me.

zeleni
07-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Really interesting to see how many compassionate MTFers are not interested in terrorist bombing abroad even if their governments are involved.

Don't they care?!? Or they approve killing innocent people in other countries if it is verified by indisputable noble political causes ("human rights":awww:, "democracy":awww:) of NATO governments?

C ya.:wavey:

cobalt60
07-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Don't ever assume that because one doesn't vote that I do not care. I need a vote that states" I am not interested in this thread because it is biased and states the facts wrongly" choice.

buddyholly
07-24-2011, 05:29 PM
zeleni really does seem incapable of seeing a difference between ''interest in global affairs'' and ''interest in a zeleni thread''. The two are probably mutually exclusive anyway.

Add to that the fact that nobody understands the wording of the voting choices and you have a thread of EPIC FAIL.

Mjau!
07-24-2011, 08:39 PM

I don't believe that for a second. NATO's wars are motivated by self interest alone. The official justification is probably as :bs: as the explanation for the invasion of Iraq. What makes you think NATO cares about the well-being of libyans? Nothing suggests they are driven by philanthropy. Why didn't they care about the other arab countries in turmoil? Why are they friends with Saudi Arabia? Why did they support the egyptian regime?

zeleni
07-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Don't ever assume that because one doesn't vote that I do not care. I need a vote that states" I am not interested in this thread because it is biased and states the facts wrongly" choice.

Are you proud your government is bombing another country for protection of civilians, human rights, democracy, freedom,...

zeleni
07-24-2011, 09:01 PM
zeleni really does seem incapable of seeing a difference between ''interest in global affairs'' and ''interest in a zeleni thread''. The two are probably mutually exclusive anyway.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=178062

That is MTF thread about war in Libya. It isn't zeleni thread. Last post is from May 13th.:)
Doesn't seem like MTF's indifference for specific bombings is linked with me...

Add to that the fact that nobody understands the wording of the voting choices and you have a thread of EPIC FAIL.

Yes, my English needs to improve. That is one of the reason for posting here.

buddyholly
07-24-2011, 09:39 PM
Yes, my English needs to improve. That is one of the reason for posting here.

That is laudable, but now that you know the wording of the poll choices is confusing, you don't seem to care about fixing it.

Dougie
07-24-2011, 09:59 PM
I don't believe that for a second. NATO's wars are motivated by self interest alone. The official justification is probably as :bs: as the explanation for the invasion of Iraq. What makes you think NATO cares about the well-being of libyans? Nothing suggests they are driven by philanthropy. Why didn't they care about the other arab countries in turmoil? Why are they friends with Saudi Arabia? Why did they support the egyptian regime?

Don´t put words in my mouth, I didn´t say anything about NATO´s motives, nor did I defend their overall actions at the middle-east. I was merely pointing out the fact that the whole thread is misleading, since there is no war between NATO and Libya, the war is primarily between Gaddafis troops and the opposition. What NATOs motives (or UN´s) are, are subject to debate. Certainly throughout NATO´s history there have been more motives for interventions than philanthropy, but then again, I never claimed there wasn´t.

Chip_s_m
07-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Why didn't they care about the other arab countries in turmoil? Why are they friends with Saudi Arabia? Why did they support the egyptian regime?

Because the governments of the other arab countries in turmoil still support using the dollar as a reserve currency. Qaddafi wants to switch to some sort of African-wide gold standard, which would harm the dollar, thereby harming the interest groups (see: banks) that have such a strong influence over the various NATO governments, particularly the US. Same thing happened with Saddam. Iran will be next in line because it also isn't bought and paid for like the rest of the Arab regimes. Just watch, as soon as they get a good excuse, Iran will be attacked. Why do you think the media in the US was pumping up the protests in Iran a year (or two?) ago? Why are they always droning on and on about Iran's alleged nuclear program?

Are you proud your government is bombing another country for protection of civilians, human rights, democracy, freedom,...

My government, like most, doesn't care one bit about those things. But to be honest, although I oppose the Libyan intervention, I'm more concerned about what my government does to me rather than what it does to people on the other side of the world. Sorry, but some things just hit closer to home.

Welcome to democracy. Isn't it wonderful?

GSMnadal
07-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Option five: I haven't got a clue whether my country participates or not :p

Don't think that they do

Sunset of Age
07-25-2011, 01:44 AM
Option six: Original poster unfortunately thinks that Lybia = Ghadaffi, and has no clue about this matter whatsoever. :help:

fast_clay
07-25-2011, 02:53 AM
Option five: I haven't got a clue whether my country participates or not :p

Don't think that they do

yes... the dutch are the same ruthless butchers today that they were in there mercantile colonial heydey...

sick puppies the dutch... they are the nation that put the 'laughter' into 'slaughter'...

that's we were taught at school anyways...

octatennis
07-26-2011, 05:35 PM
they destroyed a hospital yesterday. :confused: