Main Draw
1 Benneteau, Julien FRA (FFT)
2 Ginepri, Robby USA
3 Harrison, Ryan USA
4 Matosevic, Marinko AUS (TA)
5 Johnson, Steve USA (NCAA champion)
6 Sock, Jack USA (Kalamazoo champion)
7 Young, Donald USA
8 Reynolds, Bobby USA (USTA playoff champion)

Qualifying
1 Frank, Mitchell USA (Kalamazoo finalist)
2 Fratangelo, Bjorn USA
3 Giron, Marcus USA
4 Klahn, Bradley USA
5 Kosakowski, Daniel USA
6 Kudla, Denis USA
7 Sandgren, Tennys USA
8 Williams, Rhyne USA
9 Strode, Blake USA (National Playoffs champion)

Doubles
1. Jeff Dadamo/Austin Krajicek
2. Robby Ginepri/Rhyne Williams
3. Bradley Klahn/David Martin
4. Steve Johnson/Denis Kudla
5. Travis Parrott/Bobby Reynolds
6. Michael Shabaz/Ryan Sweeting
7. Jack Sock/Jackson Withrow (Kalamazoo champions)

Filo V.
07-19-2011, 03:34 AM
I'm guessing that all 4 available WC's will go to young prospects, no-one like Young, Reynolds, etc., who have been around a while. Guys like Harrison and Kudla.

Hewitt will get the Australia WC.

Should be interesting to see who the FFT select. Paire, who won a match last year in NY? Benneteau coming back from injury? Rufin, who they seem to be high on? Clement, who may retire at the end of the year? I hope they pick Arno but I don't think they will.

Chip_s_m
07-19-2011, 04:10 AM
Harrison is a lock, of course. Jack Sock has apparently entered into Kalamazoo, and I can't imagine that he won't win it. His only real competition will be RG junior champ Frantangelo, who isn't at the same level in my opinion, but I like them both so I'd love to be proven wrong.

Kudla has a good shot, although I think it'll require another decent performance this summer. Qualifying for Atlanta would've gone a long way. A decent run in a challenger or a win in one of the USOS events should seal it.

Other than those three, I don't really see any young guys getting one. Ginepri will probably get one. He's coming off an injury, is a former semifinalist, and has supported Davis Cup when asked. I bet he'll get one.

What's Tommy Haas' deal these days? Is he back to representing Germany? If he's representing the US then he's probably got a good shot too.

One of the college players could get one too if he makes a good run in an event (either challenger finalist or good run in ATP). I'm thinking Williams, Kosakowski, or maybe Domijan, Buchanan, or Krajicek.

Reynolds has an outside chance, depending on what the young guys do. Young has really upped the deuchebaggery this year and doesn't deserve one in my opinion. However, if there's not much competition then he could end up with one for lack of a better option.

ibreak4coffee
07-19-2011, 04:28 AM
I think Kudla is definitely showing signs he should be seriously considered. I agree with Chip - Ginepri gets one for prior results and given the return from injury. Harrison is a no brainer. Unless he wins a tournament or does something significant I would hope The Don will be playing qualies this year. But the wildcards just dont seem to ever stop coming so its likely he could get one.

For the FFT, Paire would definitely be interesting, and Rufin did win a match last year so should be considered. Somehow though I see Arnaud getting the nod - which is fine cause I always enjoy watching him play.

KarlyM
07-19-2011, 05:06 AM
What's Tommy Haas' deal these days? Is he back to representing Germany? If he's representing the US then he's probably got a good shot too. Haas switched back to Germany last December. He can just use the protected ranking to get in due to his long injury layoff.

Isn't Ginepri eligible for protected ranking status since he was out for 10 months?

yesh222
07-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Haas switched back to Germany last December. He can just use the protected ranking to get in due to his long injury layoff.

Isn't Ginepri eligible for protected ranking status since he was out for 10 months?

Yeah, but his protected ranking is 129 if I recall correctly, not enough to get into the main draw.

I'd be shocked if Hewitt isn't the Aussie Wild Card.

Chase Visa
07-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Hewitt will be the Aussie one, Harrison, Ginepri and Young will get American ones, Clement the French one.

Dunno about others...

Filo V.
07-19-2011, 11:24 PM
I forgot about Robby. Yes, he'll definitely get one.

Chris.
07-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Another wasted WC.

JMG
08-02-2011, 12:55 AM
Odesnik would deserve one like no one else.

Rob_C
08-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Another wasted WC.

Kudla got a WC into Washington, lost 1st rd. He also played qualies in LA & lost to Kosakowski.

Harrison is probably taking the week off before the US Open, so that means he's probably guaranteed a WC at the Open.

The fact that DY is playing Winston Salem probably means he's getting a US Open WC, or he's skipping the Open, cause he cant play both. I'd say he's getting a WC.

So, the rest of the guys are probably gonna play the WC Playoffs.

That takes care of 3 of the WCs, Harrison, Steve Johnson, DY. The winner of the playoffs, the winner of Kalamazoo, Aussie Open & French Open reciprocal all get one, leaving 1 to be distributed among the likes of Kudla, Sock, Klahn, Smyczek, minus whoever wins the playoffs.

smucav
08-03-2011, 01:16 PM
USTA Boys National Tennis Championships (August 5-14, 2011) draws:
http://ustaboys.com/draws.html?c=draws&tyear=2011

http://www.usta.com/About-USTA/Player-Development/Player-Services/110787_Wild_Cards/#NationalsWC

USTA Hard Court National Championships: Wild Card Awarded

Boys’ 18’s Singles Champion: Singles Main Draw US Open & Singles Main Draw US Open Juniors*
Boys’ 18’s Doubles Champions: Doubles Main Draw US Open & Doubles Main Draw US Open Juniors*
Boys’ 18’s Singles Finalist: Singles Qualifying US Open
Boys’ 16’s Singles Champion: Singles Main Draw US Open Juniors

Players must play with the same doubles partner to receive the doubles Wild Cards. Players are expected to play the US Open Juniors if they receive a Wild Card into the US Open.

out_here_grindin
08-08-2011, 04:26 AM
Of the college guys, Sandgren is making a push. I would give one to Kosakowski though he was been really solid since turning pro.

Australia will give it to Hewiit but they should also look at JP Smith who has run through some futures and is on fire at the moment.

Ausie
08-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Australia will give it to Hewiit but they should also look at JP Smith who has run through some futures and is on fire at the moment.
if they do not give Hewitt a wild card, it will be very not nice on their part, considering how much did Lleyton for Australia, and can have bad consequences for Tennis Australia

Filo V.
08-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Donald got a WC into Winston-Salem I believe, so that would more or less assure the fact he got a WC into the USO.

bearitone315
08-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Of the college guys, Sandgren is making a push. I would give one to Kosakowski though he was been really solid since turning pro.

Sandgren and Kosakowski are good candidates to play the wildcard tournament the USTA will hold soon. If they do not win, they are candidates to get wildcards to the qualifying draw.

Ad Wim
08-10-2011, 02:04 PM

Lol, JP Smith?! Are you serious?!

CooCooCachoo
08-11-2011, 10:10 AM
:lol: Hewitt > Ebden > Anyone else.

John-Patrick Smith won't even be on the radar, especially since he resides in the US and his bonds with Tennis Australia won't be particularly strong.

smucav
08-14-2011, 11:50 PM
http://www.usta.com/About-USTA/Player-Development/Player-Services/110787_Wild_Cards/#NationalsWCUSTA Hard Court National Championships: Wild Card Awarded

Jack Sock, Boys’ 18’s Singles Champion: Singles Main Draw US Open & Singles Main Draw US Open Juniors*
Jack Sock/Jackson Withrow, Boys’ 18’s Doubles Champions: Doubles Main Draw US Open & Doubles Main Draw US Open Juniors*
Mitchell Frank, Boys’ 18’s Singles Finalist: Singles Qualifying US Open
Ronnie Schneider, Boys’ 16’s Singles Champion: Singles Main Draw US Open Juniors

Players must play with the same doubles partner to receive the doubles Wild Cards. Players are expected to play the US Open Juniors if they receive a Wild Card into the US Open.

CooCooCachoo
08-16-2011, 08:12 AM
Simmonds really deserves a QWC for the year he has had. Hopefully he'll get it.

FrankSolitario
08-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Should be quite sure that Ryan Harrison will have a Wc for the Main Draw or enter as an alternate...

hyperren
08-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Harrison and Ginepri should be locks for the two USTA slots. Russell as well, but he's probably going to get in anyway (he's first alternate), and with Kendrick suspended, I have no idea who the third American WC would be. Young and Reynolds are both playing the Wild Card Playoffs; I'm assuming that if you don't win there, you won't get an MD WC even if Russell's WC slot opened up. So who gets the third slot?

FWIW, the next three highest ranked Americans (right now) are Odesnik (seriously doubt he'd get a WC though), Yani, and Smyczek.

Ausie
08-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Us Open mens wild cards: Lleyton Hewitt, Robby Ginepri, Ryan Harrison, Steve Johnson, Jack Sock, Donald Young & Julien Benneteau.

smucav
08-17-2011, 11:28 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jon_wertheim/08/17/djokovic.mailbag/index.htmlI agree with your criticism about how low-ranked players received wild cards at the Rogers Cup in Montreal. Shouldn't you expand your thoughts to include doing away with wild cards at the Grand Slams? I know some of the wild cards may go to a "quality" player who has been injured, semi-retired, on a final tour before retiring, etc., but some go to young players like the USTA boys' and girls' 18 winners. Why not put these people in the qualies and save the real spots for the pros who make a living from the tour? -- Jon Fischer, Ann Arbor, Mich.

• Agree. I get that tournaments need a device for departing from the rankings. The Copenhagen event, for instance, needs to get Caroline Wozniacki in the draw even if her ranking is insufficient. The Winston Salem event needs to get Andy Roddick in the draw even if he enters after the deadline. But, especially for Slams and high-stakes Masters Series events, it seems patently unfair to make authentic top-60 players qualify while local products with deep-triple-digit rankings get a free pass. How's this for a compromise: No wild cards can be given to players whose ranking is more than double the main-draw cutoff? Or: All Wild cards must be approved by an independent body?

A few of you knocked me for "blaming Canada," but let's be clear: This is an issue throughout tennis. Check out some of the Americans who get into the U.S. Open. Or note the IMG clients who get into the IMG-owned Key Biscayne event. This just flies in the face of fundamental fairness, especially for the players hailing from countries that are not fortunate enough to hold big-time events.

I understand your point regarding wild cards for host nations, and I know that you have made it before. But I'm not sure if you've ever dedicated so much space to it before. In the spirit of North American neighbo(u)rly respect, can you lay off Canada a bit? Why not focus this much attention to the issue at one of the majors in a nation with a similar dearth of talent, like England or Australia? Or at one of the dozens of American tournaments that hand out wild cards to the likes of Donald Young? This is the ONE week in the tennis calendar when Canada has a top-tier tournament. Cut us some slack to gift a few wild cards to some struggling players who won't get any favours the 51 other weeks during the year. -- Dave Seevaratnam, Toronto

• I brought it up last week mostly because the Canadian tournament director, to his credit, essentially said "enough is enough" and gave a spot to Ernests Gulbis over a hometown favorite ranked about 300 spots lower. We should note that the LTA did likewise and made several British prospects qualify for Wimbledon whereas in past years they would have been given main-draw wild cards. Again, apart from the national bias, you have management agency bias, too.

One of you wrote: "Why not do away with wild cards entirely?" I don't agree here. If Andre Agassi "unretired tomorrow" (hypothetically!), you need a way to get him in the draw. But the abuse needs to stop. The U.S., French and Australian Opens even have a "reciprocity policy" whereby one player from each nation gets in their Slams in exchange for a slot in the others. Not fair.

soulage
08-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Hewitt out so Robert IN ?

grimilan
08-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Looks like Hewitt is out :sad:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tennis/lleyton-hewitt-out-of-us-open/story-e6frfgao-1226120605772

What happens to his wildcard, do TA get to choose someone else, do the USTA give it to someone, or does it just go to the next direct entrant?

Ausie
08-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Why would Robert, that was an Australian? I think Carsten Ball gets wild card

Sonja1989
08-23-2011, 12:20 PM

Robert won't IN something happens after we have QD..

soulage
08-23-2011, 12:24 PM
I wrote Robert In as he was the next on the entry list but yes you're right the spot of Hewitt should go to another australian as Hewitt was a WC. No news on australian medias not a lot of time before Qualies start ?

Sonja1989
08-23-2011, 12:40 PM
I wrote Robert In as he was the next on the entry list but yes you're right the spot of Hewitt should go to another australian as Hewitt was a WC. No news on australian medias not a lot of time before Qualies start ?

I think if someone withdraws, LL will replace him, not the next one on the alt list.

soulage
08-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Only two hours before the qualies now but maybe Hewitt has not officially withdraw :confused: If Hewitt withdraw after the start of qualies it will be for a LL i'm ok

AgnRus
08-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Hewitt's wildcard into the US Open, which starts early on Tuesday, will be handed to another Australian, Marinko Matosevic, the world No.148.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tennis/lleyton-hewitt-out-of-us-open/story-e6frfgao-1226120605772

smucav
08-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Hewitt out so Robert IN ?No
I think if someone withdraws, LL will replace him, not the next one on the alt list.Wild cards are not official until the time of the draw so a wild card designated to Hewitt can be re-designated to any other player who didn't play in the qualifying draw.

chowdahead25
08-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Hewitts out, WC goes to Matosevic.