Your Earliest Gaston memories and what made you a fan? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Your Earliest Gaston memories and what made you a fan?

Action Jackson
10-07-2004, 02:56 PM
I got this idea from the chat thread and I was wondering what were the reasons and when did you first notice that Gaston was someone worth cheering for?

Choupi
10-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm Choupi from France. I've registered some time ago but this is my first post.

Well, I discovered GG a few years ago, when he began to play in RG. I mean when French tv commentators decided that he was suddenly existing and shew some of his first round matches. But I must admit that I really became a fan when I saw him this year. First match against Canas was tight. Won in 5 sets but could have lost in 5 too, as he told French journalists. His play improved from day to day. He gave a tennis lesson to Hewitt! :worship: That made me say, wow, that man's a big one. :eek: Let's see if he manages through to the end.
I saw every match. The final was so incredible. We've never seen that before in RG! The first thing he did right after the match point was incredible too. Clapping in the hands of the public was something no other winner had ever done before. He was so thankful for their support. I cried like a baby when Vilas gave him the trophy. That day, he definitely won my heart.

I'm following his results very closely since that magical day of june 2004.

That's my story. My cheering's very recent but it's very strong.

Bye everybody :wavey:

*Ljubica*
10-07-2004, 06:04 PM
I first saw Gaston play in Monte Carlo in 2000, when he beat Marat Safin 7-6, 6-0. He was awesome in that match, and since that time I vowed to keep an eye on him and his results. The next year I saw his match against Guillermo Canas at Wimbledon - OK Willy won, but it was a tremendous 5-setter, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing clay court tennis played on the hallowed turf of SW19 if that makes sense.

Since then I have watched Gaston in all my (many) tennis travels, and have laughed (and cried) with him along the way. Gaston is not always the easiest player to support, but he has tremendous "heart", courage and determination, and I respect him enormously.

sigmagirl91
10-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Me? Last year, after he beat Schuettler in DC. From that point on, I started checking his results. Although, like Rosie said, he's not the easiest player to support, he certainly hangs on in there and gives it his best. I always got the feeling that he was due for a breakthrough soon, and break through he did.

User id 7816
10-07-2004, 08:36 PM
Well I only started following the pro tennis events since Shanghai 2002 (must be the ''latest'' fan over here), and my earliest memory of Gato is from his encounter with Ferrero (the guy who got me interested in followin tennis on the 1st place), and that was in Monte Carlo '03....didn't really become a fan of him from the 1st match have to say, so I don't have too many clear memories from last year until....I decided to go to the DC semifinal in Spain because I realised that I'd be able to see both Ferrero and Gaston there! :apumpkin:
I was supporting Spain but I wanted it to be as close as possible, I wasn't aware at that time how important the DC is for Gaston, so I didn't really feel bad at his losses, just happy to be there and be able to feel the amazing atmosphere! :aparty: ...I was able to see him after his notorious loss to Moya in the last match, and even got a foto with him and I wished him to win the DC this year....well hopefully he will next!!....Since these few days I realised he's a very nice guy and that was a great thing to discover. It wasn't hard to fall in love with his backhand and his character on court. So I guess I secretly hoped that he'll achieve something great at RG, and the rest is history. One thing that Im very thankful is that he proved to me that nothing is impossible. :worship:

Fergie
10-07-2004, 09:43 PM
I love Gaston since I saw him to play here in the Viña del Mar in 2001, there hurt me much that Gaston was losing this final because played great the whole week. From there I tried to see all the matchs that I can, and thankfully Gaston always comes to Chile to play :hug:

MeluG
10-07-2004, 11:43 PM
I first met Gaston back in 1998 in a challenger in my hometown. He was playing against Marcelo Filippini, he lost but he pulled away a wonderful first set wining 6-1. I think he lost 6-1 5-7 6-7. It was a tight match with a big willy from him and all. I was waiting for an Squillari (he's one of my favourites as well) match to start but I got trapped by GG's game. I've heard of him in the news but never payed attention since he didn't play ATP tournaments. Then on 1999 I met him personally during another challenger and exchanged a few words, he was so shy! Then in a tournament in Buenos Aires We met again in a funny episode with my car. He started to laugh and made fun of me and that was the begining of my website and his fluent communication with me. I became more hunted by his game as he started to appear in TMS and GS (on tv) and here I am now, a total Gaudio fan. And I know he appreciates it and he remembered it after his moment of glory which is priceless for me =O)

lsy
10-08-2004, 08:42 AM
I'm trying hard to think which was the first match I had watched of Gaudio but really can't recall except that it wasn't good. So I would say the first match that I thought this guy is so good to watch was him vs Rogi in Montreal 03. Since then I always keep an eye on his results, unfortunately it's very seldom I get him on tv. Then his match vs Hewitt in Monte Carlo and I was cheering so loud for him in front of the tv but he choked despite playing so well :sad:...I was disappointed but just love watching his backhand too much and my feeling is this guy is so vulnerable and I just can't help but have to cheer even more for him.

Needless to say I was extremely happy when he played so well till the end to beat Hewitt in FO, I was almost scared that he was going to choke again in that 3rd set but he didn't :D. So many talked about Coria cramping but what I saw was him reacting to the crowd cheers in the 3rd set and finally started to play what he was capable of, make me feels again this guy just needs lots of support :hug:

So I'm one lucky fan compared to many here, I only have to suffer for a few disappointments before he not only won but won the one that matters most. I thank him for making this year 4 slams being won by all players I like ;)

Eiffel
10-08-2004, 01:40 PM
I noticed him because his always beated JC :devil: I cursed that and wanna see who he was :mad:

cause when I see his pics, I think he smile like an angel :angel: so I fall in love with him :inlove:

michelleg
10-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Probably 2000, when I noticed not Gaston first, but his coach. :)

<<hey at least I'm being honest!>>

Don't know if I ever posted it here, but I have mountains of pics of Gaston from RG still posted at http://communities.msn.com/tennispics2004 AND I have Franco pics there, too, in case anyone is interested (lol)

*Ljubica*
10-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Probably 2000, when I noticed not Gaston first, but his coach. :)

<<hey at least I'm being honest!>>

Don't know if I ever posted it here, but I have mountains of pics of Gaston from RG still posted at http://communities.msn.com/tennispics2004 AND I have Franco pics there, too, in case anyone is interested (lol)

Oh - so true Michelle! Actually, as I get older I notice coaches get more and MORE attractive to me - guess it's because I'm nearer in age to them than I am to most of the players these days :eek: Hope to catch up with you (and the occasional tennis coach!) very soon in Paris!

MeluG
10-08-2004, 05:03 PM
Which coach Michelle? F. Davin? Cause GG has had manyso far. I remember: Gaby Mena,Horacio de La Peña (the worst choice GG could have done in his career), Tony Pena, Martin Jaite, Javier Frana & Franco Davin (God hail the king! ;)). I'm missing two but I can't remember them right now.

Cheers!
Melu

*Ljubica*
10-08-2004, 05:58 PM
Which coach Michelle? F. Davin? Cause GG has had manyso far. I remember: Gaby Mena,Horacio de La Peña (the worst choice GG could have done in his career), Tony Pena, Martin Jaite, Javier Frana & Franco Davin (God hail the king! ;)). I'm missing two but I can't remember them right now.

Cheers!
Melu

Melu - one of your missing two is Eduardo Infantino (David's Coach now) who worked with Gaston in the early days. Not sure who the other one is though!!

Action Jackson
10-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Well like most good things how I discovered Gaston was by accident. FB and I were wandering around the qualifying at the 1999 French Open, then we stumbled on Gaston's first match against Van Scheppingen and we decided to watch it, and which he won 7-5 in the 3rd and thought yes I liked his game, then saw some more of his matches. His last one was against the very pedestrian Furlan, and we were so hoping he got through to the main draw and he managed to do so.

Then when the main tournament started, we kept an eye on his results and then the 2nd round was great, as I witnessed Gaston's first 5 set win, coming back from 2 sets to love down vs Karbacher and it was only 5 years later that he won his 2nd 5 setter. Yes, the backhand is a work of art, he does move very well and he is tactically quite good when he decides to be. He lost to Corretja that year, one of my faves, but I thought, this is a guy I am going to take notice of his results.

The rest of that year, he had a win here and a win there, then Monte Carlo 2000 arrived and I saw him play Safin and then Mantilla and after these wins, then this guy known as Gaudio became a man that I was going to support.

All the chokes aside, I am not sure what was the worst one. He had 2 horrible DC episodes, the Russian one was bad for so many reasons, especially when an umpire who should be condemned as blind Jorge Dias decides to make an overrule, which was wrong to Kafelnikov on Gaston's match point when he was leading 5-1 in the 5th, then he loses. The non-winning of 14 games in a row in Malaga, the numerous chokes he has had against Ferrero, the two against Federer.

Even with all those chokes, and the sometime negative feelings on the court, it didn't stop me supporting him, it actually made it easier to do so. It comes from a tradition of supporting teams that aren't always successful.

The more I learnt about him as a guy, the more I liked about his character.

Even winning the French Open Gaston managed to put me through a varying emotional depths, the deer in headlights at the start, then the thoughts of a shorter final than in 2003. The wave came along and Gaston doing the wave, and then thought to myself, now settle down and fight like never before, this might be his only chance to win, and that 5th set, had so many twists and turns and I could handle it, if he lost to certain players, but not that whiny little cheat Coria who was up to his old tricks again.

Then the backhand across court released so many feelings, not just for Gaston, but for all the crap that he had to take and the fact that it's not easy to support him, made it that much sweeter.

joeb_uk
10-08-2004, 08:17 PM
hmmm my first time i saw gaudio was at monte carlo (playing hewitt) i heard lots of good things about him, and he sounded like the kind of player i would like. in a way, i was almost sure i would like him (before even seeing him play :D that is how i felt about mantilla also)
I really liked the way he hit the ball and moved around the court, so i watched a couple more of his matches, WTC and hamburg. i started to really like him, and during rg i wanted him to do well. also nice that i got to see 2/3 of my favourite 3 players (at roland garros, nalbandian - gaudio, also kind of special that it was my first tournament/match i had been to) just wished i could have got tickets for the final :(

gaudio is probably one of my 3 main players:
Mantilla (1st)
gaudio and nalbandian (2nd)

joeb_uk
10-08-2004, 08:22 PM
the emotions after his win were great, i wish i had a 400mm+ lens instead of my 3x digi zoom lol. but this is a good one of his joy:
http://img75.photobucket.com/albums/v228/joeb_uk_tennis/rolandgarros/DSCF0035_copy.jpg

Action Jackson
10-08-2004, 08:23 PM
:wavey: joeb

You have good taste I have to say. I saw him in 1999 and then I was following his results and when he played Felix in Monte Carlo, it was playful and fun stuff, that moment then really made it for me that I am supporting Gaston as a fave, when he beat Mantilla an old fave of mine and I wasn't disappointed, that was when the final confirmation came.

sol
10-08-2004, 08:32 PM
We’ve had very good coverage of the Gaston’s matches from the beginning of his professional career. I've always admired his BIG talent, and I have felt concern for his lack of focus sometimes, but fortunately the one could win on of the most dreamt tournaments. I also met him in Miami and the experience was wonderful.

joeb_uk
10-08-2004, 08:57 PM
george, which other players do you think i would like? i havent had chance to see players like acasuso (some of your tips will be really helpful!)

joeb_uk
10-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Also gwh, just wondering if sometime you could make a little list of the players you like most ;)

Action Jackson
10-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Also gwh, just wondering if sometime you could make a little list of the players you like most ;)

I will put them in the chat thread, though I did list them in the top 100 of all time favourites thread, which I will update at some point.

joeb_uk
10-08-2004, 09:04 PM
ok ill go look through it now! thanks

joeb_uk
10-08-2004, 09:05 PM
btw, i made a thread for felix (similar to this) its in the spanish aramada area

joeb_uk
10-08-2004, 09:07 PM
just looked at the list, and there a few players i wish i had chance to see!
1. Mats Wilander
2. Miloslav Mecir
3. Björn Borg
6. Thomas Muster
8. Marc Rosset
9. Alberto Mancini

guess ill have to try and buy some dvds

Action Jackson
10-08-2004, 09:21 PM
just looked at the list, and there a few players i wish i had chance to see!
1. Mats Wilander
2. Miloslav Mecir
3. Björn Borg
6. Thomas Muster
8. Marc Rosset
9. Alberto Mancini

guess ill have to try and buy some dvds

Go check the chat thread, as I answered the questions there and as for those guys it won't be easy to find things on them.

I will answer the Mantilla one later.

Fedex
10-08-2004, 10:09 PM
I saw him play sometime in the 02 French Open, for the 1st time. I saw his game, and had a great respect for his talent. That one handed backhand of his really sparked my interest. I started to follow him more and more this year, but its tough, as I dont go to that many European tournments, and my coverage is absoulute crap of any players not named Agassi Roddick and just recently Federer.

Action Jackson
10-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Fedex, I totally understand the pain, but you have showed resourcefulness and look what it took before they noticed Feds, but at the same time I am happy that Gaston will never really have that massive exposure.

Fedex
10-08-2004, 10:39 PM
No, he doesn't need that kind of attention, I dont even know if Federer enjoys it all that much. I mean he enjoys his success and all, but I'm not sure he's exactly thrilled with the media. For instance, when they are always hyping up that 'rivalry' with Roddick, I'm sure it annoys the hell out of him, as no such thing exists. But, alas, I do make a habit of getting taped matches, so I will get some more Gaudio matches soon, as well as the Bangkok Final.
I hope Gaston does well at TMC. Can you imagine Jim's face, if Gaston beat Agassi and Roddick on his way to winning TMC. I wonder how much disrespect Gaston would get, I couldent even think about that, considering how much disrespect he gave to Federer last year. It would be great if he did it, so he could *possibly* shut the media up, about him being primarily a 'dirt baller', as well as piss of Jim. :)

Action Jackson
10-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Congratulations to everyone who has contributed so far, no doubt there will be more in the future.

TennisLurker
10-22-2004, 03:08 PM
when he defeated coria in buenos aires after losing the final of viña del mar to coria a week or 2 weeks before.

2001 I think.

Adri
10-24-2004, 01:20 AM
I'm a very recent tennis fan; I started following it [in general] last year. 1st time I heard some commentator say his name, I thought he [Gastón] was French. Don't ask me ;).

I don't remember exactly when I first saw him play, but it was at the very beginning of this season... all commentators were talking about him and all his problems regarding his choking and all [as you know, he was having a bad season since the DC tie at Malaga]. But when I first saw a full match was in TMS Monte Carlo... from then on I got hooked by his game and by his personality and I wanted him to get better so bad! I'm glad he did, reaching the finals in Barcelona, and we all know what happened next.

So that's my story :)

tommy_girl
10-24-2004, 10:40 AM
actually my earliest gaston memory is *i hope i wont offend anyone* when i saw him on a tennis magazine and i thought 'this guy looks like ricky martin'.. :)

nwei, what made me a fan is.. i like one handed backhands.. and the way gaston does it, its very graceful.. some kinda like artful for me.. and i also like him for his humility.. i think it was in 2002 that i started noticing him.. well thats basically when i started following tennis closely.

Marc Rosset is Tall
10-24-2004, 12:13 PM
actually my earliest gaston memory is *i hope i wont offend anyone* when i saw him on a tennis magazine and i thought 'this guy looks like ricky martin'.. :)

Usch, you know I should have you banned for that comment. :)

The Gaudio love began in 2000 as well and the time he played Safin off the court in Monte Carlo and I was very impressed with his shotmaking capabilities then. Marat was going a bit mad, but Gaudio's backhand was great to see and he used it very well.

Then I decided to follow his results and then I have managed to see him live a few times, some of the time it was good, but at time painful. I mean when you see him dominating and seeing the finish line right there, then all of a sudden something happens and he played like a bad player, it hurt, but that's the thing with him, it's very natural and that's the thing I really like about him.

tommy_girl
10-25-2004, 05:49 PM
Usch, you know I should have you banned for that comment. :)

yea iknow... sorry bout that.. well i dont think so anymore.. ;)

Action Jackson
08-01-2005, 08:25 AM
Bump for some new people who haven' t seen or contributed to this thread yet.

sonatinca
08-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Today I'm in such great mood coz of Gaston's win yesterday, so I thought it would be great to tell you my story :wavey:
So everything started from... el Mago ;)
Actually I'm interested in tennis just since last year. All my life I was a fan of figure skating, but few years ago I met a girl who's also fan of tennis, so somehow she put my attention to this sport (though I tryed to folow russian tennis players cariers, but knew nothing about everyone else).
So it was may - the end of figure skating season, and she advised me to watch RG. I read tennis rules and started watching, but our tv broadcasted mostly Marat and someone else... so before final I knew nothing about both finalists except the fact my friend was a fan of Coria, so I decided to watch the final to support her fave...
But that sunday we had a party in honor of my mum's bd. So there were a lot of guests and it was very hard to watch tv. But befor the begining I wasn't very sorry about it, cos I didnt care much about results. But first time I saw Gaston... he just took my breath away :speakles:
I know it's not a measure of tennis talant, but that moment I thought I never saw someone more handsome then him. So I forgot about my friend preferences and my mum's party and started cheering for Gaston.
Though the score wasnt good for him I liked his style of playing much! I dont know what it was, mayby some kind of softness and grace or i dont know, but I couldn take my eyes from the screen and was very upset by his loosing :sad:
And here I should say about one of my mum friends. That lady is a teacher of english languadge. She is very stiff, boring and also she hates tv. So she decided to save everyone from such disturbance as tv, though she didnt even noticed that I was watching it with big interest.
So first time when she just turn off tv without even asking a permission, I was so shocked that didnt tell her anything. just turn it on and continued cheering for boy with a cat name (that time i was trying to start learning spanish, so I shortened his name till the word I knew very good, cos I have a cat at home).
But when that lady came back she found tv turned on again and tryed to repeat her terrorist trick. But this time I was armed with remote-control, so she couldnt do anything. Then she changed her taktic, every time I was going away to the kitchen to help my mum, she turned odious think off, but I was comming back and tennis was on again. So I was watching it in very strange conditions like lighthouse - on off on off... :eek:
But my suffering was rewarded with interest by stunning win of Gaston :bigclap: !!!
And I lost my concentration, so at the moment Gaston began his speech on spanish to his Mum and Dad, I just started crying with him and that very moment that terrible lady steal remote and turn off the tv, so it looked like I started hysterics coz someone turn off the tv)))))))))))
Everybody was shocked!
But I didnt even notised that, i watched prize ceremony till the end and ran away to write email to my friend about wonderfull tennis player I discover :haha:
But in the evening my mum told me that lady-termonator was condemned by all the guests and was sitting till the end of the evening red of shame and anger)))) And nobody even knew it was tears of happiness, not sadness :haha:
So now I bought my own tv, but that lady still oppresses our big tv every time she visits us, cos "it prevents her from normal conversation" :crazy:
Since then I got much more interested in tennis, visited some live events, got a lot of tennis friends and still cheer for a boy with a cat name, coz he's not only very handsome man, but extremally talanted tennis player and very worthy man :hug:

Hope nobody will kill me for wasting so much space for my remembrance :worship:

PS: Forgot to write, after last year my friend is not Coria fan any more cos of some stuff you know...

Vale
08-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Today I'm in such great mood coz of Gaston's win yesterday, so I thought it would be great to tell you my story...
Sonatinca, you get the prize for the best story of all, and the best told! :angel:
My story is unusual: I started following the Argentine Davis Cup team, and there was this boy who always won all his matches, and it was a joy to watch him celebrating! :angel: You couln't help being happy with him! And I realized that he was so like my son who was growing up, not only in looks but also that luminous smile, the eternal hat or knitted cap on his head, the way he talked, everything! Then I started to read interviews and got to know him as a person, and I began to love him like another son. He doesn't know he has an adoptive mum in the uttermost reaches of Patagonia! ;)

Choupi
08-01-2005, 09:00 PM
He doesn't know he has an adoptive mum in the uttermost reaches of Patagonia! ;)
He'd love to know about it, I'm sure. The next of us to meet him should tell him about you, adoptive mum! :D

LOVELY
08-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Well the first time I 've seen Gaston was not on a tennis court or on tv but on a sidewalk in Paris!It was about 5 or 6 years ago during a rainy day.I was with two friends of mine and we stopped near a kind of porch to protect us because of the rain and there was that guy also waiting for the rain to stop.My friend told us she thought he was a tennis player but was not sure so she asked him his name!!!!And he told us his name but he was very very shy....so sweet...then later we watched one of his match and he got that amazing backhand and since then I became one of his biggest fan!!!I usually meet him in restaurants in Paris but never talked to him cause I don't want to bother him.Now each time I see him on tv it's like I see a friend of mine ;)

sonatinca
08-02-2005, 05:50 AM
Sonatinca, you get the prize for the best story of all, and the best told! :angel:
Thanx a lot!!! :hug: But all the stories are so good! :yeah:
He doesn't know he has an adoptive mum in the uttermost reaches of Patagonia! ;)
Maybe he doesnt know it, but he definitely feels you love ;)

sonatinca
08-02-2005, 05:56 AM
Lovely What a wonderful story! Just to meen Gaston on the street :yeah:

Vale
08-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Choupi, Sonatinca, thank you! :hug: I DO believe in the force of love, and that those waves of goodwill can make a difference. When Gastón plays I concentrate very hard and send him my strongest wishes, as I'm sure you all do, and that's powerful stuff!
Lovely, a lovely story! :D

LOVELY
08-02-2005, 10:04 PM
I know my story is quite unusual too!!! ;) It's not an easy job to be a fan of Gaston!you must have strong nerves with all these ups and downs during his matches! :unsure: :banghead: but I love it!!! :) I try see his matches live during the french tournaments.I want to be here to cheer him.I remember once in the Masters in Paris,I think it was in 2002 but not sure,there was a match on the central court between Arnaud Clément and someone I don't remember.There was like 15000 people watching the match :eek: ,it was really crowded because people wanted to watch Clément.At the same time,on a smaller court,ther was a match between Gaston and Sanguinetti(not sure about sanguinetti actually...).anyway,we were about 20 people watching that match :lol:my friends didn't understand why I missed the great match of Clément just to watch Gaston!!!

Lala186
08-08-2005, 10:26 PM
BECUASE HE HAS THE BEST BACKHAND AND LIKE ALL ARGENTINIAN MEN HE IS SO HANDSOME

+alonso
08-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Hi all :wavey: I'm not the best fan of gaston here but i really like him ;) i think was when he won RG .. was soo exciting... i still remeber the match .. actually i love all the exciting moment and the emotional too....
before that i heard about gastón a couple of times you know .. i always see the argentinian sports news ;) coz they have a very good sport channels ;) not like chile who hasn't :ras: :D
i love his powerful backhand ;)

well nice to meet you all and i will try to post here more often here.. seems to be a really nice place :wavey:

Vale
08-12-2005, 12:03 AM
Hi all :wavey: I'm not the best fan of gaston here but i really like him ;) i think was when he won RG .. was soo exciting... i still remeber the match .. actually i love all the exciting moment and the emotional too....
before that i heard about gastón a couple of times you know .. i always see the argentinian sports news ;) coz they have a very good sport channels ;) not like chile who hasn't :ras: :D

well nice to meet you all and i will try to post here more often here.. seems to be a really nice place :wavey:
Nice to see you here! :D You´ll find we´re a friendly bunch!

sonatinca
08-12-2005, 06:23 AM

You're very welcome here :wavey:

Action Jackson
08-12-2005, 06:27 AM
Alonso of course you are welcome here whenever you feel like dropping by.

Choupi
08-12-2005, 06:54 AM

:wavey: Welcome here! I knew you'd finally come to post here, one day or the other! :D But you know, no need to be what you call the best Gaston fan...you like him and that's more than enough. :) And yes, you're right, this place is nice and crowded with nice ppl :yeah: ;)

+alonso
08-12-2005, 11:34 AM
Thanks guys for being so nice with me :wavey: I'll try to my my own contribution ;)

Lala186
08-21-2005, 03:13 PM
the first time that i saw gaston was in 1999

Marat Safinator
02-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Me? Last year, after he beat Schuettler in DC. From that point on, I started checking his results. Although, like Rosie said, he's not the easiest player to support, he certainly hangs on in there and gives it his best. I always got the feeling that he was due for a breakthrough soon, and break through he did.

yeah you

Action Jackson
08-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Bump this up.

Not sure everyone that posts here, has posted their particular story.

martine2
08-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Well, you know I like Canas very much and whenever I had the chance to watch him play, I did.
So where I noticed Gaston first, was against Willy in Wimbledon. I was cheering for Willy and glad he won, but that day Gaudio caught my attention too.
Then of course there was the RG climax which I enjoyed from beginning to end (well except for him beating Willy that is :p )

I like his personality and I'll always support him no matter the ups & downs.

I know he's having a difficult time now, but I hope he'll have the will and the support to get through it and play again.

Getta
08-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Gaston's personality mirrors mine. Feeling so safe while following him.

That's why I'm here. :)