Grigor on the American hardcourts. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Grigor on the American hardcourts.

Pages : [1] 2 3

evilmindbulgaria
07-09-2011, 08:20 PM
According to his schedule, Grigor is playing Atlanta, Los Angeles, Washington, and then the Masters tournaments in Canada and Cincy where he will start from the Qualies. Let's hope that Grigor can reach Top 50 by the US Open.

What do you think his chances are? I believe that QF or even SF for Atlanta/L.A. given the entry lists is very reasonable.

BTW, I plan on attending one of the first days of the Los Angeles tournament :devil: I should be able to take some pictures of Grigor if I go.

misty1
07-09-2011, 09:30 PM
given what he did in newport i really am not going to make any assumptions at all, even if thne entry lists arent great

OddJob
07-10-2011, 01:47 AM
Omg I really hope you get to take some pics with him that would be totally rad. Usually all the big time Euro players skip most of the USO series so it's a great time of the year to get some points. No reason he can't do well.

larzm
07-10-2011, 08:49 AM
No reason he can't do well.

well, the same was true for newport...

nadejda
07-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Grigor is unpredictable...

Bulgaria
07-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Grigor is unpredictable...

Unpredictable is the best word there could be to describe his game this year. You just don't know what to expect. He could beat top 30 player but also lose from a player outside the top 300. That's not something you see very often in men's tennis. I will say it again. He is the male version of Pironkova this year. Maybe this is some bulgarian thing I still don't know. :confused:

nadejda
07-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Oh, please, don't compare Grigor with a Wimbledon quarter finalist!
It is not fare for Tsvetana. She is indeed a headcase but she always plays to win! Which is the big diference with Grigor! In fact they are quite the opposite. Tsvetana has 0 talent and is working hard. Grigor has a lot of talent and is very very lasy!

BlueLighthouse
07-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Unpredictable, talented but lacking work ethic... wait it sounds familiar :scared: So I'm in for another decade of :banghead: Does anybody know if his family is from Russia? particularly of Tartar origin ;)

nadejda
07-10-2011, 11:33 AM
No, he was born in south Bulgaria.
Why tatar?
There is a large Bulgar minority in Tatarstan :)

misty1
07-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Unpredictable is the best word there could be to describe his game this year. You just don't know what to expect. He could beat top 30 player but also lose from a player outside the top 300. That's not something you see very often in men's tennis. I will say it again. He is the male version of Pironkova this year. Maybe this is some bulgarian thing I still don't know. :confused:

please, as of yet comparing him to tsvetana is an insult..to her

BlueLighthouse
07-10-2011, 12:35 PM
No, he was born in south Bulgaria.
Why tatar?
There is a large Bulgar minority in Tatarstan :)

I was joking, wondering if Grigor is sharing certain traits as my fav of the last decade, Marat, the Russian of Tartar origin, whose up & down careers were due to many things... including lack of motivation at times.

So, it seems I'm in for another round of up & down career of unpredictable player :wavey:

Bulgaria
07-10-2011, 01:44 PM
I am not comparing Tsvetana and Grigor in every way possible. I am just saying that they both lack the constancy in their game and could lose from players that you don't expect them to. I know that Grigor is far far away from Tsveti's achievements.

OddJob
07-11-2011, 04:48 AM
well, the same was true for newport...

Just cause he flopped in Newport doesn't mean he cant do well in the USO series.

I know that Grigor is far far away from Tsveti's achievements.

please, as of yet comparing him to tsvetana is an insult..to her

Outside of Wimbledon and beating Venus Tsvetana has done nothing on tour.:o She'd kill for a slice of Grigor's natural talent. If anything she should be the one to be flattered when being compared to Grigor. He would have to totally give up on tennis not to match her achievements.:rolleyes:

But back to the important stuff which is Grigor.:D

larzm
07-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Just cause he flopped in Newport doesn't mean he cant do well in the USO series.

Right! But just because there is no reason why he can't do well that doesn't mean he will do well ;-)

misty1
07-11-2011, 11:57 AM

Outside of Wimbledon and beating Venus Tsvetana has done nothing on tour.:o She'd kill for a slice of Grigor's natural talent. If anything she should be the one to be flattered when being compared to Grigor. He would have to totally give up on tennis not to match her achievements.:rolleyes:

But back to the important stuff which is Grigor.:D

atleast she has actually accomplished something though.

and sure, he can do well on the hard courts, but he might not either. Im not making any predictions even when i see the draws

from now on im just going to go and expect nothing and if he actually does do something then ill be pleasantly surprised.

OddJob
07-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Right! But just because there is no reason why he can't do well that doesn't mean he will do well ;-)

from now on im just going to go and expect nothing and if he actually does do something then ill be pleasantly surprised.

You two must be a hoot at parties.:p Cheer up have a little faith his career is just starting. If you can't support Grigor during his bad times then you're not a fan.

misty1
07-12-2011, 12:10 AM
its not like im not supporting him

im just disappointed, that early loss at newport really was hard to take

larzm
07-12-2011, 11:00 AM
same for me. I'm def. supporting him. that doesn't mean I'm loosing my objectivness ;-) he is just very "shaky" and so I don't expect deeep runs anymore just because the draws seem to be easy.

This has nothing to do with support or not support ;-)

misty1
07-12-2011, 11:54 AM
you are allowed to support someone without being endlessly positive about it

maybe the reason there isnt to much positive being said in here or anywhere about him is because theres almost nothing good happening with him

Silver.
07-12-2011, 01:53 PM
It's like your ignoring all the good stuff though :p he didn't get to 60 in the world by only doing bad things. Look at the bigger picture, he is only just 20. I don't think I've ever seen you post something positive, misty. But everyones different, some people are pessimistic so they suffer less disappointment. There is a balance to everything though. There will be good times ahead, that's almost a guarantee, his career is just starting :)

OddJob
07-12-2011, 04:11 PM
you are allowed to support someone without being endlessly positive about it

maybe the reason there isnt to much positive being said in here or anywhere about him is because theres almost nothing good happening with him

same for me. I'm def. supporting him. that doesn't mean I'm loosing my objectivness ;-) he is just very "shaky" and so I don't expect deeep runs anymore just because the draws seem to be easy.

This has nothing to do with support or not support ;-)

misty1 and larzm you're right as a fan you don't need to be ignorantly optimistic but you two and others in this forum just come off as negative without any upside. I don't think he's going to tear through the USO series and win title after title. What I hope for is good deep runs. I don't see that as being endlessly positive or loosing my objectiveness. :shrug:

It's like your ignoring all the good stuff though :p he didn't get to 60 in the world by only doing bad things. Look at the bigger picture, he is only just 20. I don't think I've ever seen you post something positive, misty. But everyones different, some people are pessimistic so they suffer less disappointment. There is a balance to everything though. There will be good times ahead, that's almost a guarantee, his career is just starting :)

Exactly!

misty1
07-12-2011, 04:14 PM

i have posted positive stuff..just as recently as the match against jo so i dont know what your talking about or you just dont come in here often enough

misty1
07-12-2011, 04:15 PM
misty1 and larzm you're right as a fan you don't need to be ignorantly optimistic but you two and others in this forum just come off as negative without any upside. I don't think he's going to tear through the USO series and win title after title. What I hope for is good deep runs. I don't see that as being endlessly positive or loosing my objectiveness. :shrug:

Exactly!

i hope for the same thing. I dont expect him to win and i'd like to see a deep run or 2 but i dont expect it

that way if he does go deep i can be pleasantly surprised

larzm
07-13-2011, 07:53 AM
I fear we just misunderstood a bit ;-)

as a fan I also hope for deep runs but I just got a bit cautious after a lot of ups and downs. So I don't expect too much ;-)

and I also wrote positiv things. I'm not that negative about him actually...

so everything is fine! ;-D

Silver.
07-13-2011, 11:04 AM
i have posted positive stuff..just as recently as the match against jo so i dont know what your talking about or you just dont come in here often enough

Must be the latter :p apologies :)

misty1
07-13-2011, 01:46 PM
its okay:)

i do admit that i have probably said some of the harshest stuff about him in here but im the kind of person that needs to vent my frustrations

Sonja1989
07-13-2011, 11:28 PM
its okay:)

i do admit that i have probably said some of the harshest stuff about him in here but im the kind of person that needs to vent my frustrations

Do you know LawranceOfTennis here? He is similar like you.

Well this is a forum, you can write here what you want but we have to know you for understanding your standpoint. I always say all depend of time. :D :hug:

Probably I'm one of the most optimistic poster, who can't criticize for favourites, everybody is different.

Grisho has a hard schedule anyway, he will play almost all week... Good luck, party starts on next week!! :woohoo:

kr1s71an
07-14-2011, 04:49 AM
Grisho has a hard schedule anyway, he will play almost all week... Good luck, party starts on next week!! :woohoo:

NOT Almost! He will play every week until US Open. Here is his shedule:

18.07 - Atlanta, USA - ATP 250
25.07 - Los Angeles, USA - ATP 250
01.08 - Washington, USA - ATP 500
08.08 - Montreal, Canada - ATP Masters
15.08 - Cincinnati, USA - ATP Masters
22.08 - Winston Salem, USA - ATP 250
29.08 - US OPEN

larzm
07-14-2011, 06:47 AM
As he'll most probably not make a deep run in every tournament (but hopefully at least in some of them) this won't be a problem. For the Masters he must play qualie, doesn't he?

OddJob
07-14-2011, 07:45 AM
That's a whole lot of tennis. :eek:

nadejda
07-14-2011, 08:30 AM
That's a whole lot of tennis. :eek:

and he is playing doubles also :eek:

misty1
07-14-2011, 11:58 AM
maybe the fact that he's got about 300 points to defend between now and the end of the season has something to do with why he's playing 7 weeks in a row

BlueLighthouse
07-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Good boy. He needs match play and practice apparently.

nadejda
07-14-2011, 01:52 PM
vacation season is over for Grigor :D

evilmindbulgaria
07-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Let's hope that Grigor is well-rested and motivated to improve his ranking. The surface suits his game as well.

Sonja1989
07-14-2011, 05:04 PM
NOT Almost! He will play every week until US Open. Here is his shedule:

18.07 - Atlanta, USA - ATP 250
25.07 - Los Angeles, USA - ATP 250
01.08 - Washington, USA - ATP 500
08.08 - Montreal, Canada - ATP Masters
15.08 - Cincinnati, USA - ATP Masters
22.08 - Winston Salem, USA - ATP 250
29.08 - US OPEN

Thanks, I forgot Winston Salem. I fear it will be too much but if he makes good results he still can withdraw.

Bulgaria
07-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Grigor has to play tournaments. Yes he is in the entry list for seven weeks in a row but depending on the results he can make changes. He needs the game practice and it won't be bad to play every week. Those breaks aren't helping him a lot and we can't say that he've played a lot of matches the last month or so. The only way to improve his game and mentality are competitive matches and many as there can.

Mephistopheles
07-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Cool, hopefully some televised matches in all of those tournys!

Practice makes perfect =]

gindyo
07-17-2011, 03:43 AM
Grigor has to play tournaments. Yes he is in the entry list for seven weeks in a row but depending on the results he can make changes. He needs the game practice and it won't be bad to play every week. Those breaks aren't helping him a lot and we can't say that he've played a lot of matches the last month or so. The only way to improve his game and mentality are competitive matches and many as there can.

I have never been a professional tennis player so I have no idea what is involved in the off-court routines that those guys have, and I am sure that there is a pretty good reason why they do things the way they do them, but I have always wandered why he takes those weeks off. He is probably playing practice matches every day anyhow, why not just sign up for a challenger (or a futures for that matter) whatever is in the area and instead of hitting with his coach, play with guys who are going to try their best to beat him. He can still experiment with different things and generally do the same things he does in practice the only difference will be that it will be a real match and there will be scoreboard pressure and at the end of the day while he is practising he can make a few bucks for ice cream ;) and add a few points.

kr1s71an
07-17-2011, 03:53 AM
So Grigor is 5th seed in Atlanta and he will play versus a qualifier in first round. I hope it's not Denis Kudla :D :D The interesting thing is that in second round he will face Leyton Hewitt or another qualifier. He will play doubles as well - Dimitrov/Sweeting vs. [4] Fleming/Hutchins.

OddJob
07-17-2011, 07:49 AM
I would love nothing more than to see Grigor give Hewitt a beat down. :drool:

nadejda
07-17-2011, 08:02 AM
let him first wins his R1 match :rolleyes:

Bulgaria
07-17-2011, 08:32 AM
let him first win his R1 match :rolleyes:

Exactly!!!

Sonja1989
07-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Please, I don't want Kudla again! :scared:

evilmindbulgaria
07-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Grigor plays Rajeev Ram in the First Round in Atlanta. Tricky opponent but Grisho should win.

misty1
07-18-2011, 11:01 PM
grigor SHOULD win but then again you never really know with him

OddJob
07-19-2011, 05:26 AM
let him first wins his R1 match :rolleyes:

Sorries I forgot what player forum I was win. :p

larzm
07-19-2011, 07:28 AM
R. Ram :-D I remember when he lost against him last year or so and this tumbak guy officially declared grigors career over because of this loss ;-D

So that meens if he'd win he might have a chance again to make a nice career ;-DDD

rica87
07-19-2011, 09:25 AM
Schedule for today:

COURT 1 start 4:00 pm
[6] I Kunitsyn (RUS) vs [Q] M Matosevic (AUS)
[Q] Y Sugita (JPN) vs R Harrison (USA)
[Q] R Ram (USA) vs [5] G Dimitrov (BUL)
S Devvarman (IND) / T Huey (PHI) vs [3] J Erlich (ISR) / A Ram (ISR)

Why do they start play at 4 p.m.?? :rolleyes: Does anyone know whether there will be livestreams for Court 1?

kr1s71an
07-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Schedule for today:

COURT 1 start 4:00 pm
[6] I Kunitsyn (RUS) vs [Q] M Matosevic (AUS)
[Q] Y Sugita (JPN) vs R Harrison (USA)
[Q] R Ram (USA) vs [5] G Dimitrov (BUL)
S Devvarman (IND) / T Huey (PHI) vs [3] J Erlich (ISR) / A Ram (ISR)

Why do they start play at 4 p.m.?? :rolleyes: Does anyone know whether there will be livestreams for Court 1?

Yes, there're streams from Central Court and Court 1 :) But why do they start so late? Grisho's match will be around 2 o'clock after midnight bulgarian time. pfff

larzm
07-19-2011, 10:49 AM
The americans like night sessions ;-)

misty1
07-19-2011, 11:56 AM
R. Ram :-D I remember when he lost against him last year or so and this tumbak guy officially declared grigors career over because of this loss ;-D

So that meens if he'd win he might have a chance again to make a nice career ;-DDD

..thats right he did lose to him last year didnt he?

scratch that should then, this is a 50/50 match

larzm
07-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Aachen, Germany; 08.11.2010; CH; Indoor: Carpet; Draw: 32
Round Opponent Ranking Score
R32 Rajeev Ram (USA) 158 L 6-3, 6-7(5), 6-7(4)

larzm
07-19-2011, 12:55 PM
I remember. I was thinking about to go to Aachen for semis or so but then Grigor lost in the first round... ;-)

rica87
07-19-2011, 12:58 PM
yep, that was one of those "tie break matches" which he used to lose... hope he will do better tonight... :p

misty1
07-19-2011, 03:20 PM
i would think that with all the points he has to defend over the next 3 months that his motvation will no longer be a factor

misty1
07-19-2011, 11:53 PM
dropped the first set 4-6

he earned 3 points on return that entire set

misty1
07-20-2011, 12:09 AM
4-6, 1-3 down

he's earned 5 points on return the entire match

misty1
07-20-2011, 12:18 AM
he must hate playing americans, i really cant remember the last time he beat one

misty1
07-20-2011, 12:25 AM
4-6, 3-5

7 points on return now

this is depressing

misty1
07-20-2011, 12:27 AM
4-6, 4-5

misty1
07-20-2011, 12:32 AM
ram serving for the match:

30-30

40-30

over

i dont know whether to laugh out of frsutration or not

he tried to hard(there's something i dont say that often). He went for to much on every shot and tried for big, flashy shots instead of just making the basic one.

evilmindbulgaria
07-20-2011, 12:33 AM
Horrible match by Grigor! Too many unforced errors, absolutely non-existent return of serve, shaky backhand... He needs to get his act together in a hurry, perhaps a good time to change the coach?

misty1
07-20-2011, 12:36 AM
i dont think the moach is the problem..

OddJob
07-20-2011, 12:38 AM
Well that was disappointing to say the least. It stings a bit less than the lose at Newport seeing as Ram has beaten him before. At least he's still in the dubs.

misty1
07-20-2011, 12:39 AM
it would be different if ram outplayed him but he really didnt

OddJob
07-20-2011, 12:47 AM
True at the end of the day you have to win the match even if you aren't playing well. Seems he still needs to learn this lesson.

misty1
07-20-2011, 12:50 AM
its just matches like this that are the reason for me having trouble seeing him going deep even with a good draw because he's proven now that he really can lose to anyone and beat hardly anyone

i expect this to change once he gets more experience but that doesnt mean this is easy to si through

also, as it was pointed out in the gm we have to give credit to ram for serving so well

OddJob
07-20-2011, 12:57 AM
As I said Ram has beaten him before so this lose at least to me isn't as shocking as the Newport lose. Who knows whats going through his head right now. His level of play def isn't where it should be.

rica87
07-20-2011, 07:22 AM
That's disappointing. I don't care if he lost to him before. That guy is #272 in the world and the match wasn't even close. :(

larzm
07-20-2011, 07:38 AM
wow. even for grigor a somehow suprising loss. Especially the fact that he once lost to Ram made me quite confident that it will not happen again. This time it was even less close than the last loss.

For the next tournaments my expectations are completely zero now. Hope he can turn this around and doesn't drop out of the top 100 when he loses the 300 points from last years challenger success...

nadejda
07-20-2011, 08:21 AM
:smash: so what's next Grigor? :( :tape:
thank god I didn't watch this and had a good sleep instead :o

rica87
07-20-2011, 08:24 AM
thank god I didn't watch this and had a good sleep instead :o
True that! :(

drazyc
07-20-2011, 11:30 AM
A very ugly loss. He has to win these sort of matches at this stage of his career if he is to be a potential top 10 player or possibly a grand slam champion. He seemed to be playing very risky tennis and returning Ram's serve very poorly.

He needs to strike back quickly. Los Angeles next!

misty1
07-20-2011, 12:05 PM
wow. even for grigor a somehow suprising loss. Especially the fact that he once lost to Ram made me quite confident that it will not happen again. This time it was even less close than the last loss.

For the next tournaments my expectations are completely zero now. Hope he can turn this around and doesn't drop out of the top 100 when he loses the 300 points from last years challenger success...

actually even if he earnes nothing to defend that.something like 300 points he'll stay in the top 100 but he's be literally on that line

larzm
07-20-2011, 12:19 PM
actually even if he earnes nothing to defend that.something like 300 points he'll stay in the top 100 but he's be literally on that line

haha, it's true. Today he'd be exactly 100 in the ranking if he'd drop 300 points right now ;-D

anyway this is actually not funny but after all these losses I can only laugh about it right now...

misty1
07-20-2011, 12:21 PM
so apparently he wont be playing the rogers cup

he's not on the entry lis, he's not on the alternates and he's not in qualifying

is he counting on a wild card? because he wont get one

larzm
07-20-2011, 12:34 PM
may be they thought by the time for the entry list for those masters grigor might be higher ranked and get in there by ranking without quali. If so then it didn't work out that godd ;-)

So with the other tournaments he's playing there is no time for the quali I guess...

misty1
07-20-2011, 01:51 PM
i cant figure out why he didnt atleast enter qualiess..i mean i know he doesnt like playing them but now he needs a plan b

larzm
07-20-2011, 02:32 PM
I guess it is fine that he doesn't play. After his title runs in L.A. and Washington he'll definitely need some rest ;-D

nadejda
07-20-2011, 03:21 PM
moron :o
retire from sport, you mug :(

evilmindbulgaria
07-20-2011, 03:33 PM
so apparently he wont be playing the rogers cup

he's not on the entry lis, he's not on the alternates and he's not in qualifying

is he counting on a wild card? because he wont get one

That is very strange. Are there any challengers that he might play during that week?

misty1
07-20-2011, 03:38 PM
That is very strange. Are there any challengers that he might play during that week?

i dont know, i think he counted on doing better than he is now and being ranked high enough for direct entry..i though i'd read somewhere that his goal for this year was top 30

nadejda
07-20-2011, 03:45 PM
i dont know, i think he counted on doing better than he is now and being ranked high enough for direct entry..i though i'd read somewhere that his goal for this year was top 30

duh :rolleyes:
he will be happy to stay in top 80 with that sort of play :( mug!

Iván
07-20-2011, 03:48 PM
the reason this is so bad is because its fucking rajeev ram, ram from the baseline is just so bad.

dimitrov should be very ashamed

nadejda
07-20-2011, 03:51 PM
the reason this is so bad is because its fucking rajeev ram, ram from the baseline is just so bad.

he lost to Ram for second time
first match was a lot closer :o

misty1
07-20-2011, 04:35 PM

he's lost to ram the other time they met. What makes this so bad is that he didnt have any chances to get back in the match

he'll be in action again in los angeles next week where the list is alot stronger than this week..so i guess we shuldnt really expect anything

rica87
07-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Love how everyone is so upbeat! :lol: Sorry, I'm with larzm on this one: I just laugh at this mess. Cheer up. :) Things will get better soon. Well,...it can't get any worse than this, right?

misty1
07-20-2011, 09:02 PM
everyone keeps saying it cant get any worse than this but i thought it couldnt after kudla..it appears i was wrong

rica87
07-20-2011, 09:08 PM
yep, learning never stops! ;) I don't expect anything from now on. He is obviously taking the long way around... :o

Sonja1989
07-20-2011, 11:12 PM
It is a sad loss but 24 hours later I say... he has lot of another tournament, this loss isn't too big catastrophe.

My first reaction was :facepalm: The second :haha:

evilmindbulgaria
07-21-2011, 02:20 AM
Grigor lost his doubles match in a match tiebreak. Oh well, I have a feeling he will win a couple of matches in Los Angeles;)

larzm
07-21-2011, 07:45 AM
Oh well, I have a feeling he will win a couple of matches in Los Angeles;)

But therefore he really needs some luck in the draw. He definitely had very bad luck the last two tournaments to meet top players like Kudla or Ram in the early rounds. If he gets somebody outside the top 500 in the first round he might make a deep run in L.A. and will not loose until the second round.

;-DDD

nadejda
07-21-2011, 07:54 AM
:lol::lol:

let's keep our fingers crossed :D so he can drow someone out of top 500 and hopefuly reach R2 :o

OddJob
07-21-2011, 07:54 AM
When Grigor wins the USO all of you will be eating crow!!!!

Kidding :p Things could get worse way worse but sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to actually do something about it. He has gotten a lot of attention lately after Wimby maybe that's getting to him who knows. As we all know expectations are a bitch.

Sonja1989
07-21-2011, 10:37 PM
:lol::lol:

let's keep our fingers crossed :D so he can drow someone out of top 500 and hopefuly reach R2 :o

:lol: :hug:

No, I don't mind who will be his next opponent but it seems he shouldn't be an another American.

RandyE
07-22-2011, 03:47 AM
I hope he can string a couple of wins together in L.A. - I certainly think he's capable of it, but mental toughness is what separates the men from the boys. Right now he's got to clamp down on the return of serve and learn how to attack his opponent. Another tournament means another chance to prove what he can do!

kr1s71an
07-23-2011, 05:37 AM
Grigor will play Tommy Haas at the start in Los Angeles :)

evilmindbulgaria
07-23-2011, 05:38 AM
Grigor against Haas in the first round in L.A. I am soooooooo going to see that match:devil:

OddJob
07-23-2011, 05:57 AM
Battle of the lovely one handed backhands.

rica87
07-23-2011, 08:39 AM
That's quite some match up...I like Tommy, too, but I think Grigor normally should have this one. His current shape doesn't look promising, I know, but neither does Tommy's. Haha, so much for "I don't expect anything from now on". :o Whatever...

misty1
07-23-2011, 12:00 PM
tommy in 3

and im serious on that one, if tommy is feeling okay than he should win

evilmindbulgaria
07-23-2011, 07:06 PM
I will be an optimist one more time and say Grigor in 2 sets :devil:

Sonja1989
07-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Grisho will play well and will win.. :D

BlueLighthouse
07-26-2011, 08:20 AM
A report from new fan in LA (with pic). http://zarinaaa.tumblr.com/post/8076490373/one-of-the-best-days-ive-spent-this-summer-hands

celina has been telling me about this newbie player with a stunning forehand who was bound to show up at the tournament. lo and behold, it was him. grigor dimitrov, the 20-year old bulgarian pro. we all wanted pictures. he was wearing a bright pink nike shirt and he had the cutest baby face ever. i’m sorta upset ‘cause the picture doesn’t really do him justice, but w/e. he’s real cute in person. & he’s nice; wasn’t a douche and actually said hi to us in a kind way. on top of that, he’s a really good player, his backhand is just as good as his forehand. he’s such a character though. he plays around and acts like a little kid (a whiner & he sat on the floor); i’m officially a fan. he practiced against ryan harrison, a 20-yr old american player. he’s a fairly good player, maybe not as good as grigor (biased), but still a good player nevertheless. then we took pictures w/ them after they were done. highlight of my day.

LawrenceOfTennis
07-26-2011, 08:37 AM
Haas has a great career and experience, but I think Grisho should win this. The bad thing is that the crowd will support Haas.

LawrenceOfTennis
07-26-2011, 08:37 AM
A report from new fan in LA (with pic). http://zarinaaa.tumblr.com/post/8076490373/one-of-the-best-days-ive-spent-this-summer-hands

Lol, it's just a little fangirl.

Banditoo
07-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Haas has a great career and experience, but I think Grisho should win this. The bad thing is that the crowd will support Haas.

I think this too. I was not predict matches with Grigor. This time is my first time (:lol:) - hope for good. Haas is beatable but not easy opponent. Haas have a great backhand with one hand and very good forehand. He is very good doubles player too... Have a good game to the net. Grigor must to be careful with his passing shot. :)

LawrenceOfTennis
07-26-2011, 09:04 AM
I think if both play their current A-games, Grisho is the better player. Not just faster but also has more variety at the moment. All respect to Haas, but Grisho is 13 years younger and it's really,really a must win.

Sonja1989
07-26-2011, 01:37 PM
I agree with you, momently Grisho is the better player but he is in terrible form and we don't know till what time.. hopefully until now. :devil:

I feel he wins this match.

CelinaCarpina
07-26-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm hopefully going to be there supporting Grigor today!

kr1s71an
07-26-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm hopefully going to be there supporting Grigor today!
I hope you'll take some photos and share it with us :)

arvind13
07-27-2011, 05:37 AM
i really want to see grigor vs gulbis. i'm sure it will be a mouth watering thriller. but there's very slim chance of that

nadejda
07-27-2011, 05:58 AM
epic mug match
Grigor is up 6-3 5-1 0-40

nadejda
07-27-2011, 06:00 AM
broken to love when serving for the match :facepalm:

nadejda
07-27-2011, 06:06 AM
broke back to close the match 6-3 6-2
some futures level of play from both

7 DF 44% first serve and still won the match
Poor Tommy, he really has to retire now :hug:

Silver.
07-27-2011, 08:53 AM
I couldn't watch the match but it sounds like it wasn't a pretty win. Ah well, he won and that's the main thing, he needs to gain confidence from this so he can hopefully make a reasonable run.

LawrenceOfTennis
07-27-2011, 08:54 AM
I told you. Now Bogomolov next who will have the support of the crowd and Grigor really should lift up his level to win this. Then possibly Bellucci. Not a dream draw.

OddJob
07-27-2011, 10:04 AM
So glad he won the match. I would have been a bit worried if he hadn't.

gindyo
07-27-2011, 02:59 PM
So glad he won the match. I would have been a bit worried if he hadn't.

Had he not won this, Grigor and his team should be VERY worried. Haas's game at the moment absolutely represents his current ranking 579

evilmindbulgaria
07-27-2011, 05:22 PM
I went to the match yesterday. Grigor played ok, but Haas was abysmal! A couple of observations about Grigor. First, I counted at least 4 times when he served 130mph+ and then numerous times in the 120s. He definitely should decrease the power and focus more on the placement. Second, too many double faults and he looked quite annoyed. Third, Grigor needs to improve his mental skills. Seeing that Haas could not string 3 shots together doesn't mean you bash the ball on every shot, just return it in the court and let your opponent beat himself. I am not saying that this should be Grigor's general strategy, but against an opponent who is clearly making a lot of mistakes.

Nevertheless, Grigor made a couple of spectacular passing shots, one on set point, pretty solid from the baseline and he did not get down on himself like the match against Ram. Hopefully he wins on Thursday against Bogomolov.

I have posted some photos from the practice session before the match and from the match itself in the other thread. Oh, and by the way, he practiced a little bit with Canas before Tursunov showed up. Guillermo can still hit the ball quite well :devil:

theyoungmc
07-28-2011, 01:42 AM
Nice win. Although Haas isn't the Haas we know... :\

nadejda
07-28-2011, 05:48 AM
lost the doubles with Tursunov
hope he wins the match today

misty1
07-28-2011, 07:56 PM
dropped the first set 4-6

PiggyGotRoasted
07-28-2011, 07:58 PM
I feel like im watching myself play here

misty1
07-28-2011, 08:01 PM
break point against him

he's 0/2 on saving them

deuce

misty1
07-28-2011, 08:04 PM
4-6, 0-2

misty1
07-28-2011, 08:07 PM
grigor playing like total crap..nothing new

4-6, 0-3

usually at this point you could write the match off as over..which is rediculous

misty1
07-28-2011, 08:15 PM
break point back for him

saved

adv. bolgomolov

4-6, 1-4

misty1
07-28-2011, 08:20 PM
4-6, 2-4

0-30 hole for him on bolgo's serve

misty1
07-28-2011, 08:24 PM
15-40

30-40

grigor breaks back

4-6, 3-4

PiggyGotRoasted
07-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Just too many errors so far really, needs to cut down on them.

PiggyGotRoasted
07-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Big forehand there

misty1
07-28-2011, 08:30 PM
break point back for bogomolov

and he's broken

4-6, 3-5

bogo serving for it

misty1
07-28-2011, 08:34 PM
0-30..now match point bogo

4-6, 3-6

completely expected:rolleyes:

and people actually thought he'd go on a run here, if tommy wasnt complete crap he never would have beaten him either

nadejda
07-28-2011, 08:35 PM
nah that last point for the second brake was really a bad luck :(
too bad, he just started to play better

misty1
07-28-2011, 08:42 PM
so whats next for him? with his name absent from qualies for rogers cup and cinci i assume he'll be taking time off?

nadejda
07-28-2011, 08:44 PM
anyway
I see some positives in this match as at least he shown that he cared. Didn't gave up easily and was willing to win.
Overall not a good match with too many mistakes, clearly shows he lacks the rythm. Some very unlucky miss shots. Problem is he woke up too late to turn the things arround.
Good that is trying 'cause we know it is not always that way...

kr1s71an
07-28-2011, 08:45 PM
so whats next for him? with his name absent from qualies for rogers cup and cinci i assume he'll be taking time off?

You're wrong! He is playing next week in Washington, then one week rest and then Qualies in Cinci, Winston-Salem and US Open.

Sonja1989
07-28-2011, 08:48 PM
:sad:

Until his next opponent won't be an another American... okay.

misty1
07-28-2011, 08:58 PM
You're wrong! He is playing next week in Washington, then one week rest and then Qualies in Cinci, Winston-Salem and US Open.

oh, okay thanks:)

kr1s71an
07-28-2011, 09:35 PM
It's OK guys! He will wake up at some point! Imagine being Golubev fans with his 17 consecutive losses and you'll feel better about Grigor :D :D :D I think he need some big matches. I hope he'll have a bad draw in Washington, because he is playing well against big players and losing to c**p players like Kudla and Ram.

Sonja1989
07-28-2011, 09:43 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=11234684&postcount=20

:worship: :worship: :worship:

LawrenceOfTennis
07-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Too bad he lost this. I still picked him to win this. Now...I don't know. But first, he needs a better coach that's for sure. Something is really wrong in the Dimitrov camp right now. Hopefully he will have good wins this summer, he needs them badly to not to lose too many points.

misty1
07-28-2011, 10:40 PM
i dont really know if i'd blame the coach

he has a very good one, infact he's had 2 really good coaches

LawrenceOfTennis
07-28-2011, 10:53 PM
i dont really know if i'd blame the coach

he has a very good one, infact he's had 2 really good coaches

You probably call his coach good because of his big name. He should be able to talk to Grisho's head and develop some better mental.

misty1
07-28-2011, 10:57 PM
no, i call him a good coach because i think he's a good coach

and yes it is the duty of a coach to develop a players game but it cant all be layed on the coach either

LawrenceOfTennis
07-28-2011, 10:58 PM
no, i call him a good coach because i think he's a good coach

and yes it is the duty of a coach to develop a players game but it cant all be layed on the coach either

Yeah you surely know him IRL.

misty1
07-28-2011, 11:00 PM
my personal oppinion is that he's a good coach, thats all im saying. Thats not saying i know him personally

CelinaCarpina
07-29-2011, 06:21 AM
Hey guys I've been supporting Grigor throughout the whole tournament and I can say that, for todays match in particular, he just looked straightout flat. I tried my hardest to yell out his name and such but, I doubt me being one of the only ones cheering would make a difference. And to top it off it was kids day today, too many kids being distracting the whole match. And as for the coach? I think he's great. I watched basically all of Grigor's practices the whole week and I can say that they seem like a great team, always joking around here and there, but when Grigor would focus off on lets say... a girl (ME), his coach would put the clamps on and positively bring Grigor's focus back. I can tell you, Grigor was really bummed out though after the match. I could tell. I've been chatting with him the whole week, but our chat today after the match was a bit quiet. He wasn't his usual goofy cheery self, but hey that's expected right? ;)

larzm
07-29-2011, 07:50 AM
I have to admit that I'm not too suprised. Disapointing anyway :-(

BlueLighthouse
07-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Hey guys I've been supporting Grigor throughout the whole tournament and I can say that, for todays match in particular, he just looked straightout flat. I tried my hardest to yell out his name and such but, I doubt me being one of the only ones cheering would make a difference. And to top it off it was kids day today, too many kids being distracting the whole match. And as for the coach? I think he's great. I watched basically all of Grigor's practices the whole week and I can say that they seem like a great team, always joking around here and there, but when Grigor would focus off on lets say... a girl (ME), his coach would put the clamps on and positively bring Grigor's focus back. I can tell you, Grigor was really bummed out though after the match. I could tell. I've been chatting with him the whole week, but our chat today after the match was a bit quiet. He wasn't his usual goofy cheery self, but hey that's expected right? ;)

Celina - thanks for this. It seems like you has had a great time this week.

As for Grigor, he knows that he still has to work on consistency... So :wavey: see yah, Grisho at next tourney.

larzm
07-29-2011, 09:27 AM
he still has to work on consistency...

Well, he is very consistent these days. Consistently weak... ;-) ... :'-(

misty1
07-29-2011, 12:06 PM
grigor actually has consistency already..he's consistently crap

if he's still getting these kind of results next year then i think its time to be concerned

i will say that he really doesnt even seem to be making progress though, if anything he's actually going backwards

CelinaCarpina
07-29-2011, 03:48 PM
You know I'll admit, Grigor honestly still acts like a teenager at times. But hey as a fangirl I love it. But tennis wise, not to great.

evilmindbulgaria
07-29-2011, 08:06 PM
The match against Bogomolov was very disappointing. Grigor was lacking energy and motivation throughout most of the match. He gave a good "Come on!" after he broke back in the second set but that's pretty much the most intensity I saw from him. Grigor should watch some tapes of Ryan Harrison!

nadejda
07-29-2011, 08:11 PM
So Grigor plays a qualifier in R1 in Washington and possible R2 with Llodra.
He has to defend 35 points next week. If Grigor wins 2 matches that would be 45 points.
Overall again a good draw :D as he had beaten Llodra before but his shape is awful, really. He may very well lose in R1.

It is kinda ironically cause when he played well the beggining of season he was drawing much higher ranked players than him and was losing. Now when he is playing very bad he has some nice draw and is losing for most of the matches :( yet again.:rolleyes:

nadejda
07-29-2011, 08:14 PM
The match against Bogomolov was very disappointing. Grigor was lacking energy and motivation throughout most of the match. He gave a good "Come on!" after he broke back in the second set but that's pretty much the most intensity I saw from him. Grigor should watch some tapes of Ryan Harrison!

Yes you are right, I've watched some matches recently when he was like 17 and he looked totaly different. Grigor was very passionate and emotional, cheering loudly most of his points. I don't know what happened with that kid :sad: but I miss him...

OddJob
07-29-2011, 11:14 PM
Maybe Grigor needs one tough 3 setter in which he pulls out the win to give him some confidence. He shouldn't be losing to Bogie, Ram, or Kudla. :o

PiggyGotRoasted
07-31-2011, 09:33 PM
Maybe Grigor needs one tough 3 setter in which he pulls out the win to give him some confidence. He shouldn't be losing to Bogie, Ram, or Kudla. :o

I dont get the feeling that he thinks he belongs on the atp right now, its as if he feels too good for challangers but not good enough for atp. The reason he will play better against better players/at big events (Wimbledon) is because he has no pressure and can just hit out and have fun! In these ATP 250 I think he is feeling the pressure to win/get deep in these draws so he can get his ranking up.

Thats my opinion any way.

kr1s71an
07-31-2011, 10:24 PM
Playing Tim Smyczek in Washington's first round!

Silver.
08-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Oh jeez not another American :facepalm: Come on Grigor, pull yourself out of this slump. Good luck to him! :cheerleader:

misty1
08-01-2011, 12:25 AM
hmm...he'll lose in 3

evilmindbulgaria
08-01-2011, 03:01 AM
Come on, Grigor, man up and win a couple of matches in a row!

RandyE
08-01-2011, 03:53 AM
I agree with all of the comments here recently. He's got a good draw and he needs a deep run. I think that once he breaks through and gets to taste that success he'll be hungry for more. If Gulbis can break through as he did this week, there's no reason why Grigor can't! Let's hope he can get off to good start this week.

LawrenceOfTennis
08-01-2011, 12:56 PM
His 1st round is a must win for him. I think he has a chance against Llodra too. It's really time to win some matches.

larzm
08-02-2011, 06:40 AM
He'll play today around 6 pm local time, which is midnight CEST

He'll pay on the Grandstand...

LawrenceOfTennis
08-02-2011, 08:30 AM
He'll play today around 6 pm local time, which is midnight CEST

He'll pay on the Grandstand...

Grandstand is not the best news if we consider he plays an american. Anyway I think he'll win this in 2.

Silver.
08-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Will there be stream?

ivanpartizan
08-02-2011, 10:37 PM
What is wrong with this guy??? Kudla? Ram? Smyczek? Who is next? Today at least he is winning points on Smyczek's serve, against Ram it looked like he is playing Federer on grass.

LawrenceOfTennis
08-02-2011, 10:40 PM
I really hope he will win the 2nd set.

Silver.
08-02-2011, 10:43 PM
I think a telling stat is his 0/10 BP conversion! :facepalm:

He's got to start playing the big points better if he wants to win.

Smyczek is 1/1 BP conversion.

Come on Grigor! He is 2-1* in the second.

LawrenceOfTennis
08-02-2011, 10:45 PM
He had 3 bp at 1-0 and couldn't convert any of them. Hopefully will have another chance to break the guy.

Silver.
08-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Tiebreak :scared:

Silver.
08-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Grigor 4-1 up! Don't lose it now...

:woohoo: he takes the second set :D

LawrenceOfTennis
08-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Just broke Smyczek. Seems like he will win this and set Llodra match. Good.

PiggyGotRoasted
08-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Just broke Smyczek. Seems like he will win this and set Llodra match. Good.

I am not confident this will happen until the match is over

Sonja1989
08-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Wow, I'm surprised a little to be honest. :D Hold the serve, come on!!! :D

LawrenceOfTennis
08-03-2011, 12:04 AM
Only one service game left to hold. Pretty much over.

PiggyGotRoasted
08-03-2011, 12:04 AM
Come on dimi :)

misty1
08-03-2011, 12:07 AM
color me surprised..never thought he'd actually be in a position to serve this out..not facing an american and at night on grandstand

misty1
08-03-2011, 12:09 AM
0-40

15-40

30-40

broken

5-5

Silver.
08-03-2011, 12:12 AM
Oh Grigor. You got everyones hopes up. :sadface:

I guess he can still do this..

misty1
08-03-2011, 12:14 AM
smyczek 40-15 to deuce

adv. grigor

deuce

1/12 break point conversion..thats digustingly bad

adv. grigor

deuce

adv. smyczek

deuce

adv. grigor

he breaks and will have a 2nd chance to serve it out

Silver.
08-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Yes! He has another chance. He better not blow it now!

LawrenceOfTennis
08-03-2011, 12:22 AM
He will win. Now, book it finally. Serving for the match, can't imagine how could he lose it from here.

Silver.
08-03-2011, 12:23 AM
6th double fault.

15-30 :scared:

Sonja1989
08-03-2011, 12:23 AM
"Fantastic" start again...

:scared: :scared: :scared:

Sonja1989
08-03-2011, 12:24 AM
He will win. Now, book it finally. Serving for the match, can't imagine how could he lose it from here.

I have image. :D :sad:

misty1
08-03-2011, 12:25 AM
reak point for smyczek

Silver.
08-03-2011, 12:25 AM
30-40..

SMYCZEK BREAKS :explode:

:mad::mad::mad:

misty1
08-03-2011, 12:26 AM
grigor is pathetic on big points

1-0 grigor(mb)

1-1 with a 7th double fault...i almost feel like laughing its so bad

LawrenceOfTennis
He had one good tie-breaker, let's hope for another good one.

Silver.

Hey, you, stop it with your jinxing! :p Nothing's a guarantee with Grigor at the moment

ImmzB
Come on Dimitrov!!

DF #7. *1-1

ImmzB
08-03-2011, 12:27 AM
ACE at big moment!

Come on!! 2-1*

misty1
08-03-2011, 12:28 AM
3-2 grigor with a 2nd mb

ImmzB
08-03-2011, 12:28 AM
MB Dimitrov!!

*3-2

*4-2

Keep it going!!

misty1
08-03-2011, 12:29 AM
4-2

5-2

i dont care how big his lead is its still entirely possible he loses

LawrenceOfTennis
08-03-2011, 12:29 AM
He broke Smyczek! Finally, Grisho please win this thing and end our miserable score-watching!

ImmzB
08-03-2011, 12:30 AM
4 MP!!

6-2*

Take it!

misty1
08-03-2011, 12:30 AM
4 match points

misty1
08-03-2011, 12:31 AM
6-3

Silver.
Come onnnnnnnnnnn 3 MP!

ImmzB
GSM Dimitrov!! :yeah:

LawrenceOfTennis
Pffffff what a "great" match. But he did it.

Silver.
08-03-2011, 12:32 AM
:cheerleader: Finally he wins.

At least a loss to his next opponent won't be as humiliating as the previous ones. I'm still hoping he can pull off a win though. Good luck to him ;)

misty1
08-03-2011, 12:32 AM
s he actually won a match

but he still displayed just how pathetic he is on big points. His break point conversion is terrible and tim broke him almost at will. He wont be moving any further if that keeps up

but a win is a win so i cant complain to much

lets see if he actually manages to win 2 matches in a row though

LawrenceOfTennis
08-03-2011, 12:47 AM
Llodra is very good. But with this sweaty win his confidence must be a little bit better. If he plays relaxed which I doubt, he can pull out a win but it's still very unlikely to happen.

evilmindbulgaria
08-03-2011, 03:58 AM
Well, tough matches like this may turn the season around,who knows. Llodra next. He has only played (and lost) 1 singles match since Wimbledon. I say Grisho in 2 :devil:

nadejda
08-03-2011, 05:02 AM
Pfew, Jesus what a match :D
Just woke up to see the scoreline :eek:
what a heartbreaking triller it was! BTW I think this is a fisrt win at ATP 500!
That break point conversion - very Federersque :( but a win is a win.
He's have some chances vs Llodra, not big but some!
C'mon Grigor! And He finaly broke that American players curse!:D
Good luck!:)

larzm
08-03-2011, 07:42 AM
i dont care how big his lead is its still entirely possible he loses

:D:D:D:D:D:D so true!!!!

...unfortunately :sad:

larzm
08-03-2011, 07:44 AM
I fear this wasn't a turn around point. He was just lucky to play a even worse player. His form is just bad. He'll lose vs. Llodra...

(please prove me wrong Grigor!!!)

Bulgaria
08-03-2011, 08:45 AM
With this game he has zero chance to beat Llodra. I presume it will be something like 2-6 3-6 or even worse. He's just playing crap right now and winning those matches vs Haas and Smyczek is just being a lucky draw. I can't believe how he continues to not show any kind of his real possibilities. He is just keeping this low level and it's not getting better at all. Since Wimbledon he is like a futures player and plays like one. What's wrong I still don't get. He is apparently training hard seeing him with Tursunov, Harrison and Gulbis but he doesn't show any kind of improvement. He is like losing them and not learning from anything. Those retour is still the same, the service isn't any near of his previous one. What are they doing with McNamara is still a big question. :confused:

kr1s71an
08-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Well yesterday he trained with someone with even worse form - Tommy Haas :D

Here's the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToMLkuN4MtA

nadejda
08-03-2011, 10:26 AM
oh God
even at his practise he is sooo bad :(
not looking good at all
I can only imagine what an awful mug fest that match was!

Bulgaria
08-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Well yesterday he trained with someone with even worse form - Tommy Haas :D

Here's the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToMLkuN4MtA

He doesn't take the practices seriously also. Well that's just horrible. If he keeps it that way challengers are coming very soon for him :(

LawrenceOfTennis
08-03-2011, 12:08 PM
With this game he has zero chance to beat Llodra. I presume it will be something like 2-6 3-6 or even worse. He's just playing crap right now and winning those matches vs Haas and Smyczek is just being a lucky draw. I can't believe how he continues to not show any kind of his real possibilities. He is just keeping this low level and it's not getting better at all. Since Wimbledon he is like a futures player and plays like one. What's wrong I still don't get. He is apparently training hard seeing him with Tursunov, Harrison and Gulbis but he doesn't show any kind of improvement. He is like losing them and not learning from anything. Those retour is still the same, the service isn't any near of his previous one. What are they doing with McNamara is still a big question. :confused:

Well, I think the Llodra match will be absolutely different. Given the conditions, I think he will be playing more freely. I'm not saying that I'm sure he'll take a W or something. Yeah, I agree about the McNamara thing, I think it's time for a radical change otherwise there will be even bigger problems.

evilmindbulgaria
08-04-2011, 12:26 AM
With all this rain in Washington it looks like Grigor's match will be played tomorrow.

larzm
08-04-2011, 06:37 AM
He is scheduled to play 2 pm local and IF he wins again 8 pm local (8 pm and 2 am CEST)...

possible 3rd round opponents (Berrer vs. Tipsarevic) play at the same time, so no advantage for anyone...

as he'll lose to llodra it doesn't matter anyway ;-DDD

gindyo
08-04-2011, 12:53 PM
He doesn't take the practices seriously also.
I woldn't be too worried just by looking at that video. They were obviously practicing just serve and return of serve and didn't care about chasing the ball after that.

misty1
08-04-2011, 05:59 PM
e's on court now

michael held his opening service to 30

grigor has fought off 2 break points on his opening service already as well as let a game point slip by

deuce

adv. grigor

1-1

misty1
08-04-2011, 06:01 PM
llodra holds at love

2-1 llodra

misty1
08-04-2011, 06:07 PM
saves a 3rd break point after going 30-0 up

deuce

adv. grigor

2-2

misty1
08-04-2011, 06:10 PM
michael double faults 2 times in a row to give grigor the early break

misty1
08-04-2011, 06:14 PM
it would be just like him to throw in a good tournament literally out of the middle of nowhere

misty1
08-04-2011, 06:15 PM
holds to 30

4-2

Hypnotize
08-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Nice hold by Grigor. Let's hope he can keep this up and start turning this season around. He's far too good a player to be losing to the players he has been recently

misty1
08-04-2011, 06:19 PM
llodra holds from 0-30 down

4-3 grigor

misty1
08-04-2011, 06:21 PM
grigor wins

michael just retired

not the way that i wanted him to win but he's in to the 3rd round against

tipsarevic or berrer next

Hypnotize
08-04-2011, 06:27 PM
A win's a win. He needs the points and at least he will be fresh for his next match later today. Grigor is an amazing talent but he's had a bad run of form and he just needs to get his confidence back.

nadejda
08-04-2011, 06:29 PM
what a strange match :confused:
I hope Llodra's injury is not so serious
paradocsicaly Grigor just defended his 35 points from last year and add some 10 :D
nice job, though it was not the way we expected it to happen

Hypnotize
08-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Let's hope he wins his next match today and starts getting his confidence back. Grigor is an amazing talent but this summer he's been a shadow of the player he was at Wimbledon.

nadejda
08-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Grigor is a headcase.
He was playing bad last year as well, thats' why he was still climbing the ranking untill now cause he had no ponits to defend. But that was until he suddenly changed the coach last summer and won 6 tournaments in a row!
You never know with him :D

Pennae
08-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Hi, I am new to the forum but i usually come on here everyday to see the results of grigor's matches. I want to watch his matches but i cant find them anywhere! I go on live score and fromsports and I dont see his mathces anywhere! Where do you guys go to watch his matches? And hopefully grigor wins his match tonight *fingers crossed*

larzm
08-04-2011, 06:56 PM
I think there is only live coverage from the center court. And he dindn't play there yet....

Pennae
08-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Oooh ok, thank you

nadejda
08-04-2011, 07:18 PM
hello :wavey:
wellcome here and have fun :D though Grigor does not always provide fun for his fans :D but anyway...
we can wacth him only when he play on TV court and there is a coverage. I think his match tonight will be on court 1 and we can follow only livescore.:confused:

Hypnotize
08-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Grigor is a headcase.
He was playing bad last year as well, thats' why he was still climbing the ranking untill now cause he had no ponits to defend. But that was until he suddenly changed the coach last summer and won 6 tournaments in a row!
You never know with him :D

I've been following Grigor for years and I think he has huge potential. I just started posting tonight to show my support and because he's my favourite player on the tour. Some players just take longer to develop than others and I think he will be one of them. He's definitely taken a step back since Wimbledon and he seems to be quite inhibited and not hitting through the ball enough. I want to see the Grigor that played at Wimbledon again. His match against Tsonga was one of my favourites this year.

nadejda
08-04-2011, 07:33 PM
oh just notice you are also a new poster and an old fan :D

PiggyGotRoasted
08-04-2011, 07:38 PM
I've been following Grigor for years and I think he has huge potential. I just started posting tonight to show my support and because he's my favourite player on the tour. Some players just take longer to develop than others and I think he will be one of them. He's definitely taken a step back since Wimbledon and he seems to be quite inhibited and not hitting through the ball enough. I want to see the Grigor that played at Wimbledon again. His match against Tsonga was one of my favourites this year.

This is it, he is just not being aggressive enough and then being outhit and going for too much out of position.

evilmindbulgaria
08-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Grigor is playing Tipsarevic later today. At least Grigor will not be tired, he only played for about 30 minutes today. If he brings his best he has a chance.

misty1
08-04-2011, 07:57 PM
i really dont think the fact that janko played a match earlier today will really matter much..i mean janko has had it happen to him twice already this year where he's had to play 2 matches in 1 day and won both each time

plus janko is one of those players who, like david just seems to have a knack for taking out the youngsters

nadejda
08-04-2011, 08:05 PM
whatever Janko plays Grigor can still find a way to lose the match :D :p
I do hope he proves me wrong :)
good luck, Grisho ;)

Pennae
08-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Hey! His previous tournys havent been fun at all lol but hopefully this one will make up for it.

Hypnotize
08-04-2011, 08:17 PM
oh just notice you are also a new poster and an old fan :D

Thanks for the welcome. It's good to finally post on here considering I joined months ago. I guess if I start posting while Grigor is in a slump I can't be accused of being a glory-hunter haha.

LawrenceOfTennis
08-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Anyway, a win is a win although I didn't want him to win this way. Poor Llodra.
Possbly Tipsarevic next. Tough one, but with 2 wins behind his back he can play a little bit more freely. Let's hope for some real showing and a W. Still a lot of work has to put it.

LawrenceOfTennis
08-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Start in 2 hours against Tipsarevic. Time to strike back for Eastbourne.

misty1
08-05-2011, 12:21 AM
held at love then broke tipsy on his opening service

him and dima are both playing right now..wouldnt it be cool if they both won at the same time?

misty1
08-05-2011, 12:25 AM
held to 15

3-0