Murdoch closes The News of the World [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Murdoch closes The News of the World

l_mac
07-07-2011, 07:15 PM
:eek:

I don't know how closely the rest of the world has followed the NOTW phone hacking scandal, but it has resulted in the closure of a newspaper which has been around for nearly 170 years.

How has Rebekah Wade kept her job??

Does he think this will help his cause with the BSkyB takeover?

How long until we see The Sun on Sunday?

Action Jackson
07-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Sun on Sunday will happen.

The only people I feel sorry for are the ones who weren't involved in this crap, yet are being thrown out a job due to what went down. The ones who should be made to pay, will more than likely not get the right punishment.

jonathancrane
07-07-2011, 07:22 PM
He only did it for the Cameron approve of the Bsky thing.
Also The Sun surely will be published also on sudays from now on so no problems for him.
The only loser here is Coulson, hope he finishes jailed but I doubt it.

l_mac
07-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Sun on Sunday will happen.

The only people I feel sorry for are the ones who weren't involved in this crap, yet are being thrown out a job due to what went down. The ones who should be made to pay, will more than likely not get the right punishment.

Apparently Rebekah Wade was jeered as she made the announcement to NOTW staff and the current editor told her to leave the building.

David Cameron must be thrilled at this. He was starting to get questioned about Andy Coulson again :lol:

l_mac
07-07-2011, 07:54 PM
He only did it for the Cameron approve of the Bsky thing.
Also The Sun surely will be published also on sudays from now on so no problems for him.
The only loser here is Coulson, hope he finishes jailed but I doubt it.

And the 200 journalists who have been made redundant.

According to The Guardian Coulson will be arrested tomorrow - maybe to do with the Tommy Sheridan case. God I hope Sheridan isn't released over this.

Sophocles
07-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Obviously an attempt to forestall further investigation into the (Evil) Murdoch Empire. Good riddance to the rag. Shame for the employees, many of whom are no doubt innocent. If Wade isn't sacked & investigated, we'll just have to arrange a public lynching.

Garson007
07-07-2011, 09:03 PM
They're just a bunch of gutter journalists anyways? :shrug:

I for one am glad that it is being shut down.

Corey Feldman
07-07-2011, 09:13 PM
now people better think twice about how NOW set up John Higgins in a sting

Corey Feldman
07-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Tommy Sheridan was a victim as well

utter racist paper against Scots

Garson007
07-07-2011, 09:22 PM
They should have rigged Murdoch's phones a long time ago.

Cloudygirl
07-07-2011, 09:24 PM
I wonder why they would possibly keep her. Makes you think...

l_mac
07-07-2011, 09:30 PM
They're just a bunch of gutter journalists anyways? :shrug:

I for one am glad that it is being shut down.
:stupid:
Tommy Sheridan was a victim as well

utter racist paper against Scots
Tommy Sheridan isn't a victim, he's an arsehole.
I wonder why they would possibly keep her. Makes you think...

I saw some speculation on twitter that it was James Murdoch she caught in bed with her 1st husband (Grant from Eastenders) :lol:

edit: (allegedly)

(Ross Kemp isn't gay)

Corey Feldman
07-07-2011, 09:34 PM
ha! i remember her now.. she battered Grant from Eastenders :D

they were at the 2005 wimbledon final in royal box

Cloudygirl
07-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Murdochs not doing themselves any favours. Don't think they've judged the feeling against them very well. Don't think this will go away.

Garson007
07-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Never knew you were such a rag fan. Expected of a rafa fangirl though. :angel:

rocketassist
07-07-2011, 11:30 PM
If Linda reads that shite, then any respect I had can go south.

It's no wonder the Europeans and foreign people in general have a skewed view of the British when you see how many mongs buy the Scum and the NOTW. It's the number one fucking paper in terms of buyrates. Fucking morons.

Hopefully this leads to the Scum being shut down as well. Sick of that horrible twat and the power he has over our country. It's like he's OUR president.

l_mac
07-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Never knew you were such a rag fan. Expected of a rafa fangirl though. :angel:
Never a fan of people losing their jobs. Especially when most of the current NOTW staff had nothing to do with the phone hacking.

It's no wonder the Europeans and foreign people in general have a skewed view of the British when you see how many mongs buy the Scum and the NOTW. It's the number one fucking paper in terms of buyrates. Fucking morons.

Hopefully this leads to the Scum being shut down as well. Sick of that horrible twat and the power he has over our country. It's like he's OUR president.

How would shutting down NOTW and The Sun have any affect on how Brits are viewed abroad, or stop people being "fucking morons"?

I find The Mail about a million times more offensive than The Sun.

For all that I dislike the ridiculous political bias in the NI newspapers, it's no worse than The Guardian or The Mirror. :shrug:

Murdoch will happily sacrifice all his print publications in the UK if he can secure the BSkyB deals, IMO, but I don't see how that will help things.

jayjay
07-07-2011, 11:52 PM

If you read their transfer news section, you would change your mind.

rocketassist
07-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Never a fan of people losing their jobs. Especially when most of the current NOTW staff had nothing to do with the phone hacking.

How would shutting down NOTW and The Sun have any affect on how Brits are viewed abroad, or stop people being "fucking morons"?

I find The Mail about a million times more offensive than The Sun.

For all that I dislike the ridiculous political bias in the NI newspapers, it's no worse than The Guardian or The Mirror. :shrug:

Murdoch will happily sacrifice all his print publications in the UK if he can secure the BSkyB deals, IMO, but I don't see how that will help things.

I suppose you're right about the jobs although the Merseyside football writer Bascombe and David Wooding can fuck off.

Most of the British perception comes from reading the Sun/NOTW bullshit about how royalist/nationalist we should be, about how we should hate the Germans and the Argies cause we went to war with them, why we should be obsessed with who's having an affair with who and for them hyping our sports teams to astronomical levels. God save the Queen!

The Mail is Tory filth and has that twat McKenzie writing for it. Wouldn't touch it either.

The Guardian is OK, the Mirror is OK as well. Aside from the Independent, none of our publications are anything special.

rocketassist
07-08-2011, 12:09 AM
If you read their transfer news section, you would change your mind.

I use the net for transfer news anyway. I don't buy any papers.

fast_clay
07-08-2011, 12:27 AM
crikey... modern stings take their toll... nasty habit they had...

so watchable watching dirt get unearthed tho... :lol:

buddyholly
07-08-2011, 02:57 AM

Do you realise how much your language just makes you look like another typical British Sun reader?

buddyholly
07-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Did these people do anything Assange and Wikileaks didn't do?

theMEESH
07-08-2011, 06:47 AM
Has News of the World always had a trashy reputation? If not, I feel sad that a publication that has been out that long would let themselves lapse into such a sad state as this.

buddyholly
07-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Has News of the World always had a trashy reputation? If not, I feel sad that a publication that has been out that long would let themselves lapse into such a sad state as this.

From day one, 180 years ago. But it gave the Brits the news they wanted. And now the Brits are outraged, but since they made it the world's #1 paper in English, I think this outrage is mainly to convince themselves it is not their own fault.

JolánGagó
07-08-2011, 11:28 AM

bugging other ppl's phones :shrug:

rocketassist
07-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Do you realise how much your language just makes you look like another typical British Sun reader?

What, do you want me to start talking like a double-barrelled surnamed squire called Quentin Farquhar-Penkethman?

I hate Murdoch and I'm embarrassed by the fact most of our population are obsessed with celebrity and royalist GSTQ nationalism shoved down our throats by the Sun and the NOTW.

It is our fault, I agree.

As for Assange, not even comparable. It's a shame your beloved Yanks and Sweden decided to conspire a made up sex claim as an excuse to arrest him.

l_mac
07-08-2011, 01:07 PM

Did Wikileaks hack the phones of the parents of murdered children?

buddyholly
07-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Did Wikileaks hack the phones of the parents of murdered children?

Ah, so collecting private communications is OK with you, it's just that you want to decide whose privacy it is OK to invade?

buddyholly
07-08-2011, 02:31 PM
bugging other ppl's phones :shrug:

I define it as dealing in illegally obtained private communications. Assange=NOTW.

buddyholly
07-08-2011, 02:39 PM
I hate Murdoch and I'm embarrassed by the fact most of our population are obsessed with celebrity and royalist GSTQ nationalism shoved down our throats by the Sun and the NOTW.

It is our fault, I agree.

As for Assange, not even comparable. It's a shame your beloved Yanks and Sweden decided to conspire a made up sex claim as an excuse to arrest him.

It is not a matter of anything being shoved down Brits throats. It is a matter of their insatiable desire to swallow it voluntarily and then ask for something even spicier.

As noted, dealing in illegally obtained private communications is practiced equally by Assange and NOTW. That's my comparison. On what grounds do you reject it?
Have you forgotten that the stated goal of Assange was to ''bring down'' the US? Clearly he is an egotistical psychopath, just like Bin Laden. So you are now a conspiracy theorist? You probably think Bin Laden was conspired against by the US too.

l_mac
07-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Ah, so collecting private communications is OK with you, it's just that you want to decide whose privacy it is OK to invade?

You asked if NOTW had done anything different to wikileaks.

buddyholly
07-08-2011, 02:41 PM
You asked if NOTW had done anything different to wikileaks.

Yes

In the sense that both were dealing in illegally obtained private communications for profit, I don't see a difference in sleaze level.

Do you think that if Assange had been offered transcripts of Hillary Clinton's private phone conversations he would have refused to accept them?

JolánGagó
07-08-2011, 02:44 PM
As noted, dealing in illegally obtained private communications is practiced equally by Assange and NOTW. That's my comparison. On what grounds do you reject it?

Is there such a crime in the code, "dealing with illegally obtained information"? I don't recall such a law.

Regardless of it, my position is publishers must be absolutely free to publish whatever they get their hands on regardless of source, of course they could be held responsible on libel and defamation grounds but NEVER on grounds of "illegal obtention of information", what a toxic BS.

If it is the publicher who bug the phones, that's another matter.

rocketassist
07-08-2011, 03:44 PM
It is not a matter of anything being shoved down Brits throats. It is a matter of their insatiable desire to swallow it voluntarily and then ask for something even spicier.

Have you forgotten that the stated goal of Assange was to ''bring down'' the US? Clearly he is an egotistical psychopath, just like Bin Laden. So you are now a conspiracy theorist? You probably think Bin Laden was conspired against by the US too.

Agree on the first sentence. As for Assange, comparing him with a mass murderer like OBL :haha: Do me a favour.

buddyholly
07-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Is there such a crime in the code, "dealing with illegally obtained information"? I don't recall such a law.

Regardless of it, my position is publishers must be absolutely free to publish whatever they get their hands on regardless of source, of course they could be held responsible on libel and defamation grounds but NEVER on grounds of "illegal obtention of information", what a toxic BS.

If it is the publicher who bug the phones, that's another matter.

I thought that argument would come up. But I think it is no more valid than claiming that someone who pays a hitman to murder his wife can not be accused of murder.

But even in the present situation - what if the publisher is ''getting his hands on'' information from a free-agent source outside the publishing company? Where is the line drawn as to where the information comes from? If the publisher pays for the information is he free to publish it?

Sophocles
07-08-2011, 05:26 PM
What's wrong with the Daily Mail? Okay, let me rephrase that: its prurience & prudery on sex & drugs are enormously tedious, but for many years it was the only opposition to the ghastly Blair government, while the supposedly "right-wing" Murdoch press were sucking Blair's cock over Iraq.

rocketassist
07-08-2011, 07:22 PM
What's wrong with the Daily Mail? Okay, let me rephrase that: its prurience & prudery on sex & drugs are enormously tedious, but for many years it was the only opposition to the ghastly Blair government, while the supposedly "right-wing" Murdoch press were sucking Blair's cock over Iraq.

The Labour papers opposed the Iraq war full stop.

The Mail/Tories have no business slating Blair over Iraq as the blue shite have admitted over and over they would have taken us to war if they were in office.

Black Adam
07-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Prince Philip is right, journalists are not people in professional/real jobs. Not feeling sorry for anyone losing a job in that "industry". All they do is tell stories with a spin.

Is Rebekah Wade jewish? Conspiracy theorists would like to know :D :p

Garson007
07-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Prince Philip is right, journalists are not people in professional/real jobs.
:yeah: I've long been saying that professional journalism is a misnomer.

JolánGagó
07-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Philip Mountbatten is often right. Camilla Mountbatten-Windsor too, she recently lambasted PC.

Sofonda Cox
07-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Yes

In the sense that both were dealing in illegally obtained private communications for profit, I don't see a difference in sleaze level.

Do you think that if Assange had been offered transcripts of Hillary Clinton's private phone conversations he would have refused to accept them?

You don't see the difference between what Assange did and hacking in to murdered childrens mobile phones?

buddyholly
07-09-2011, 03:38 AM
In criminal and moral considerations, no! Murdered children have no more right to privacy than the rest of us.

And then there is the Australian connection..................

Action Jackson
07-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Assange is relevant how.

SkeSJLgzG8k

Sofonda Cox
07-09-2011, 09:05 AM
In criminal and moral considerations, no! Murdered children have no more right to privacy than the rest of us.

And then there is the Australian connection..................

Melly Flew Us
07-11-2011, 06:06 PM
:eek:

I don't know how closely the rest of the world has followed the NOTW phone hacking scandal, but it has resulted in the closure of a newspaper which has been around for nearly 170 years.

good, i'm glad. waiting with fingers and toes crossed for the other lot to close as well.

buddyholly
07-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Assange is relevant how.

SkeSJLgzG8k

I hadn't realised before that Ricky Gervais based his squirmingly embarrassing sleazy character on Steve Coogan.

buddyholly
07-14-2011, 02:07 PM
I wonder will the Grauniad close down for publishing Wikileaks illegally obtained private communications.

JolánGagó
07-14-2011, 02:28 PM
I wonder will the Grauniad close down for publishing Wikileaks illegally obtained private communications.

Which private communications have been deemed "ilegally obtained by wikileaks"? in which legal system?

allpro
07-15-2011, 12:16 AM
rupert murdoch is a douchebag.

buddyholly
07-15-2011, 02:58 AM
Which private communications have been deemed "ilegally obtained by wikileaks"? in which legal system?

I was referring to ''Wikileak's illegally obtained cables'' in the sense that Wikileaks is in the possession of cables that were obtained illegally. I did not say they were ''illegally obtained by Wikileaks''. ( Although my personal opinion is that Wikileaks is as guilty as the spy who stole them, I think you disagree on that.)
It is a fine line, but the difference will probably be the reason for years of lawsuits.

And while I picked on the Grauniad I was poking fun at the hypocrisy of the leftist press in general. When the Climategate emails came out the New York Times huffed that because the emails were private and ''illegally obtained'', the New York Times would not stoop so low as to publish them.
Exactly one year later when Wikileaks released the US government cables, the New York Times was crowing that these documents were in the public interest and the paper would begin publishing them immediately.

buddyholly
07-15-2011, 03:00 AM
good, i'm glad. waiting with fingers and toes crossed for the other lot to close as well.

Why would you want to deny the Brits their all-time favourite Sunday newspaper?

buddyholly
07-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Did anyone else note that a judge in Austria upheld the right of an Austrian to wear a spaghetti strainer on his head in his driver's licence photo?

He is a Pastafarian.

I am off to the kitchen supply store today for a new hat.

watershedmomentz
07-15-2011, 06:23 PM
glad this happened, what they were doing as an organization was atrocious

JolánGagó
07-15-2011, 07:29 PM
And while I picked on the Grauniad I was poking fun at the hypocrisy of the leftist press in general. When the Climategate emails came out the New York Times huffed that because the emails were private and ''illegally obtained'', the New York Times would not stoop so low as to publish them.
Exactly one year later when Wikileaks released the US government cables, the New York Times was crowing that these documents were in the public interest and the paper would begin publishing them immediately.

Yep.

buddyholly
07-16-2011, 08:26 PM
The Grauniad has apologised for writing lies about the NOTW. Should it voluntarily close down now?

Corey Feldman
07-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Rebekah Brooks arrested by hacking police

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14178051

Action Jackson
07-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Hmm, wonders if she will get punished for this.

Written years ago, but apt.

ZrD2RHrNMYU

JolánGagó
07-17-2011, 01:08 PM
how the mighty fall...

buddyholly
07-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Hmm, wonders if she will get punished for this.

Written years ago, but apt.

ZrD2RHrNMYU

Even Murdoch couldn't make the Bible more trivial.

rocketassist
07-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Lock the bitch up.

sammy01
07-17-2011, 10:39 PM
damn it, the news of the world crossword was the only one i could do :help: :lol:

Jimnik
07-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Interesting drama. Like most papers, I never read NOTW except for the headlines but still a shame to see it go. I'm more worried about what this scandal will do to my BSkyB shares.

tangerine_dream
07-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Um.

Phone-hacking whistle-blower found dead
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/18/uk.phone.hacking.hoare/index.html

One of the first journalists to go on the record and allege phone hacking at News of the World was found dead Monday, the British Press Association said.

Sean Hoare, a former News of the World employee who said Andy Coulson "encouraged" phone-hacking, "was discovered at his home in Watford, Hertfordshire, after concerns were raised about his whereabouts," the press association said.

"The death is being treated as 'unexplained, but not thought to be suspicious,' " the report quoted Hertfordshire police as saying.

The Guardian reported that Hoare had recently injured his nose and his foot in an accident. It was unclear whether those injuries were linked to his death.

Hoare had publicly accused News of the World of phone-hacking and using "pinging" -- a method of tracking someone's cell phone using technology that only police and security officials could access -- according to the New York Times.

Hoare was one of the few sources who allowed his name to be used when speaking to the Times last year for an investigative report about allegations of phone-hacking by the British tabloid.

In his remarks, he specifically accused Andy Coulson -- former editor of News of the World, who went on to become Prime Minister David Cameron's communications director -- of wrongdoing.

buddyholly
07-19-2011, 02:17 AM
Anyone know how FOX news is treating the story?

abraxas21
07-19-2011, 02:28 AM
I was referring to ''Wikileak's illegally obtained cables'' in the sense that Wikileaks is in the possession of cables that were obtained illegally. I did not say they were ''illegally obtained by Wikileaks''. ( Although my personal opinion is that Wikileaks is as guilty as the spy who stole them, I think you disagree on that.)
It is a fine line, but the difference will probably be the reason for years of lawsuits.

:facepalm:

abraxas21
07-19-2011, 02:35 AM
Assange is relevant how.

in BH's twisted mind, everything can be relevant... dont even bother

buddyholly
07-19-2011, 11:29 AM
:facepalm:

That's your best argument, I suppose. Come to think of it, it is actually one of your better efforts.

Perhaps you would care to elaborate on why the NYT should turn a blind eye to Climategate emails, but salivate over publishing Wikileaks emails. No, of course you don't care to, you wouldn't know where to start.

Oh wait, Assange had the stated goal of bringing down the US - Wikileaks must therefore be encouraged, while Climategate was harmful to the loony left and must therefore be swept under the carpet.

Stensland
07-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Phone-hacking whistle-blower found dead
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/18/uk.phone.hacking.hoare/index.html

okay, i'm the first one to call it: someone killed him. and you all know it.

Stensland
07-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Anyone know how FOX news is treating the story?

take a wild guess. murdoch even sacrificed the mighty wsj's reputation to defend him in the name of press freedom.

he really is satan.

Stensland
07-19-2011, 02:02 PM
murdoch playing the old geezer who got tricked by his employees pretty convincingly so far. hope someone's eventually able to cut through the whole charade he's offering here.

JayR
07-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Some guy managed to get in and approached Rupert Murdoch with what looked like some white substance. JM leapt up to protect his dad, but Mrs M got there first, clocked him one and promptly fell off her chair.

buddyholly
07-19-2011, 04:25 PM
okay, i'm the first one to call it: someone killed him. and you all know it.

Hey there, Rip Van Winkle. What woke you up?

But drugs and alcohol seem to be the main suspects so far.

Stensland
07-19-2011, 04:34 PM
obviously even okay contract killers will be virtually untraceable. that guy knew quite a lot and seemed to open up more and more. he had to go.

the hearings have been pretty much what i expected. they saw nothing, suspected nothing and knew nothing, what a surprise.

buddyholly
07-19-2011, 06:14 PM
obviously even okay contract killers will be virtually untraceable. that guy knew quite a lot and seemed to open up more and more. he had to go.

the hearings have been pretty much what i expected. they saw nothing, suspected nothing and knew nothing, what a surprise.

Murder is usually recognizable, even if the perpetrator is not traced, which is why I think it is doubtful at this time.

Makes you wonder how such a successful businessman could be so in the dark about his businesses, doesn't it?

So far the only successful punch thrown in the hearings was by the old guy's wife.

Stensland
07-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Murder is usually recognizable, even if the perpetrator is not traced, which is why I think it is doubtful at this time.

no it's not. a huge chunk of all the premature deaths of "natural causes" are covered-up murders in germany, according to an investigation in 2008.

i find it hilarious that in this case the police told the public the death was ruled as "unsuspicious". the whistleblower in one of the biggest media scandals ever is suddenly found dead, the organisation that was bribed by the obvious perpetrators rule the death as unsuspicious...and the people simply decide to eat that up? al capone would've loved today's gullible public. compared to the 30s, this era seems to be much easier to do whatever you feel like and not get busted.

man, we really got the media we truly deserve.

btw i don't get why murdoch married that wendi bitch. she basically fucked every superior man she's come across to take advantage of his position, starting at some random guy double her age that took her to the u.s.

once murdoch sr. is gone, she's gonna squeeze out murdoch jr. and take over the company. mark my words. she reminds me of liz mohn of bertelsmann, same type of woman.

*edit: meanwhile, at fox news, the whole story is still regarded as unrelevant.

Boarder35m
07-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Some guy managed to get in and approached Rupert Murdoch with what looked like some white substance. JM leapt up to protect his dad, but Mrs M got there first, clocked him one and promptly fell off her chair.

I found it interesting that the private media in Germany focused on the attack while the public sector broadcaster mainly focused on the trial itself.
But today private and public media focus on the politicians who are just so bad and terrible, beacuse they worked together with Murdoch.

I really miss some self reflection about their own power from most parts of the media. Yes, they can write someone down, no matter if it´s a conservative or a leftist politician.
The funny thing is that in a lot of programes (e.g political talk-shows) journalists demand politicians with visions to come up, but if one politician tells his visions he is made fun of, often in the same channel but in a different program.
Sometimes journalists demand politicians to be more like they used to be, but they completely ignore that these politicians could act in a world with much less media coverage.

buddyholly
07-20-2011, 08:31 PM
no it's not. a huge chunk of all the premature deaths of "natural causes" are covered-up murders in germany, according to an investigation in 2008.

btw i don't get why murdoch married that wendi bitch. she basically fucked every superior man she's come across to take advantage of his position, starting at some random guy double her age that took her to the u.s.

I wonder how that investigation was carried out? What is a huge chunk, anyway?

And why do you criticise Wendi? It sounds very sexist of you. If that is what ''superior'' men want, then why do you call them superior in the first place?

The criminal behaviour is one thing at NOTW, but what amuses me is that the public who now want his head on a platter are the very ones who demanded more and more of what the tabloids provided. They are not very quick to blame themselves for fanning the flames.

jonathancrane
07-21-2011, 08:43 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/350528808.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1311238765&Signature=J%2F1VUDYNk%2FI8DFEAf8aEVRtn280%3D

abraxas21
07-21-2011, 05:17 PM
That's your best argument, I suppose. Come to think of it, it is actually one of your better efforts.

Perhaps you would care to elaborate on why the NYT should turn a blind eye to Climategate emails, but salivate over publishing Wikileaks emails. No, of course you don't care to, you wouldn't know where to start.

Oh wait, Assange had the stated goal of bringing down the US - Wikileaks must therefore be encouraged, while Climategate was harmful to the loony left and must therefore be swept under the carpet.

i dont have the will to keep arguing with you about political stuff anymore. you've clearly blinded youserlf with propaganda and silly beliefs and if the past months have showed me something is that i wasn't able to make you re-think about your standings.

buddyholly
07-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Posting a smiley is not arguing.

You must have some ego to think you were going to change my beliefs.

But since you called my post stupid and now have no answer as to why you agree with the NYT for not publishing ''stolen'' Climategate emails on moral grounds and then publishing ''stolen'' Wikileaks cables on moral grounds, I will conclude that your agreement with their policy was based on approval of not publishing anything damaging to the loony left.

I fully understand why you are now avoiding making that argument. It is, of course, indefensible.

abraxas21
07-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Posting a smiley is not arguing.

i was referring to those old threads about the middle east

You must have some ego to think you were going to change my beliefs.

like a teacher, i considered it a personal failure that i was not able to show you the light of the path of reason/fairness and the futility of your own ideas and propaganda. i recovered quickly, though.

But since you called my post stupid and now have no answer as to why you agree with the NYT for not publishing ''stolen'' Climategate emails on moral grounds and then publishing ''stolen'' Wikileaks cables on moral grounds, I will conclude that your agreement with their policy was based on approval of not publishing anything damaging to the loony left.

I fully understand why you are now avoiding making that argument. It is, of course, indefensible.

:D you're fighting with ghosts, mate.

buddyholly
07-21-2011, 10:22 PM
like a teacher, i considered it a personal failure that i was not able to show you the light of the path of reason/fairness and the futility of your own ideas and propaganda. i recovered quickly, though.

:D you're fighting with ghosts, mate.

I fear you are actually being serious here. But where is the futility? I am happily retired with enough savings to live in comfort. A big factor of this is due to being part of western civilization. The odds of this happening in a socialist society are pretty low.

Are you the ghost? I can certainly see through you.

abraxas21
07-21-2011, 10:28 PM
:D

i like to think of myself as a ghost, yes

JolánGagó
07-22-2011, 07:14 AM
A ghost? more like a fart I'd say.

jayjay
07-24-2011, 03:42 AM
http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/mirror-staff-also-hacked-phones

fast_clay
07-24-2011, 03:47 AM