Single Most Imortant French Open of Nadal's Life [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Single Most Imortant French Open of Nadal's Life

Clay Death
07-07-2011, 01:57 PM
this is really the big one folks and the pressure is mounting all the time now. this next french open (2012) will be the single most important french open of his life for a more than a few reasons:

1. he has to try to break borg`s record of 6. 7 titles will seal the deal forever. with the game becoming more and more demanding with each passing year, it will be pretty much impossible to break that record

2. nole is in hot pursuit of a rg title of his own. a loss to him may mean relinquishing the throne forever

3. clay warrior appears to be losing his grip on other surfaces so he may consider this to last big competitive edge

4. he admits that this title often gives him the confidence to do well going forward in other events

and of course a host of other reasons. he is not going to want to hand everything over to the others. he is still a formidable force in the sport and will try to keep it that way.

and now the big question:

do you expect some sort of resurgence from nadal for the next clay season given the staggering historical significance of it?

will he finally play his cards just right so as to fully maximize his opportunities on clay next season?

do you believe tha nadal can hold on to his french open crown and his near total clay dominance for the last 7 years?

all thoughts and comments welcome. you have the floor.

bokehlicious
07-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Nadal forum

theKSHE
07-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Pathetic gloryhunters. Can't you see the difference between GM and players' forums?

Clay Death
07-07-2011, 02:04 PM
i think it is a very legitimate question.

perhaps single most important question of the year.

only we tend to ask it here at mtf long before the press gets hold of these ideas.

indeed press often reads mtf for ideas.

Tutu
07-07-2011, 02:04 PM
:sobbing:

bokehlicious
07-07-2011, 02:06 PM
indeed press often reads mtf for ideas.

:worship: you surely inspire the tennis press from all over the world, that's how good you are :worship:

:stupid:

Ben.
07-07-2011, 02:17 PM
We won't know the importance of it until closer to the time but I disagree that it is the most important one. He already has 10 majors, anything else is just icing. RG 2010 was probably the most important, without it he porbably wouldn't have gone on the run he did last year. You could see his relief when he won it.

I wonder why this is moved to the Nadal forum but the thread about him having never defended a title away from clay stays. It's not hard to see why this place is like a children's playground with such inpet moderation.

Mimi
07-08-2011, 03:17 AM
We won't know the importance of it until closer to the time but I disagree that it is the most important one. He already has 10 majors, anything else is just icing. RG 2010 was probably the most important, without it he porbably wouldn't have gone on the run he did last year. You could see his relief when he won it.

I wonder why this is moved to the Nadal forum but the thread about him having never defended a title away from clay stays. It's not hard to see why this place is like a children's playground with such inpet moderation.

yeah :shrug:

by the way, i prefer it to the in nadal forum coz putting it in GM may cause him more critics :shrug:

Mimi
07-08-2011, 03:20 AM
this is really the big one folks and the pressure is mounting all the time now. this next french open (2012) will be the single most important french open of his life for a more than a few reasons:

1. he has to try to break borg`s record of 6. 7 titles will seal the deal forever. with the game becoming more and more demanding with each passing year, it will be pretty much impossible to break that record

2. nole is in hot pursuit of a rg title of his own. a loss to him may mean relinquishing the throne forever

3. clay warrior appears to be losing his grip on other surfaces so he may consider this to last big competitive edge

4. he admits that this title often gives him the confidence to do well going forward in other events

and of course a host of other reasons. he is not going to want to hand everything over to the others. he is still a formidable force in the sport and will try to keep it that way.

and now the big question:

do you expect some sort of resurgence from nadal for the next clay season given the staggering historical significance of it?

will he finally play his cards just right so as to fully maximize his opportunities on clay next season?

do you believe tha nadal can hold on to his french open crown and his near total clay dominance for the last 7 years?

i don't think this is the most important french open of nadal's life, he will be under huge pressure, trying to break Borg's record but i don't think he will be worrying too much, after all, he already equalled Borg's records.

we still need to see how his form goes next year before we can made a fair judgment, i think its a bit too early to tell :shrug:

MariaV
07-08-2011, 12:05 PM

CD old sport, first Nadal needs to be healthy for next year's clay court season. I hope Nole won't be on a similar tear next season, then anything is possible. :lol:
All is nice and good but Nole took 2 clay masters from the clay warrior this year so not that huge of a dominance any more I'd say. ;)

GSMnadal
07-12-2011, 01:29 PM
The '11 French Open`was much more important, he prevented Djokovic from having a shot at the CYGS (:eek:), assured to keep his '1 slam a year' streak going for yet another year, gave him some confidence (he would be even more of a wreck had he lost his RG crown), kept his 'Federer has never beaten me at RG' thing, equalled Borg and cemented his 'King of Clay' status, he held onto the #1 spot (sadly not for long :( ).

Really, this year's FO was so huge, it's beyond believable. Obviously, a lot of the previous things CAN also happen next year, but I seriously doubt it (he won't meet Federer, Djokovic won't have a shot at the CYGS anyway, already is the King of Clay after equalling Borg)...

!VamosRafa!
07-18-2011, 12:57 AM
definitely!
If Djokovic beat Federer in the SF, he would have won all 4 Slams in 2011.
That didn't happen(thanks to Fed) and Rafa maintained the "1 Slam per year" tradition for the 7th year in a row :D
Also he stayed #1 for 4 weeks after the FO which is also cool.