Copa America Football Thread (Sergio Batista has been sacked) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Copa America Football Thread (Sergio Batista has been sacked)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Action Jackson
07-02-2011, 01:46 AM
Starting right about now with the Argentina vs. Bolivia match.

Pirata.
07-02-2011, 02:02 AM
Youtube airing a good quality stream
http://www.youtube.com/copaamerica

Only annoying thing is the auto comments on the bottom.

Action Jackson
07-02-2011, 03:11 AM
Bolivia up 1-0 interesting 2nd half so far.

Arkulari
07-02-2011, 03:16 AM
Banega was SO LAME :lol: :haha: :haha:
Bolivia last beat Argentina in the WC playoffs but in La Paz, if they win in La Plata it would be like the upset of the year :devil:

Arkulari
07-02-2011, 03:27 AM
Argentina ties, let's see if they can win this.

abraxas21
07-02-2011, 03:46 AM
bolivia :yeah:

argentina :lol:

Ibracadabra
07-02-2011, 04:40 AM
Messi flops again.

Pirata.
07-02-2011, 04:44 AM
Messi flops again.

:yeah:

Can't stand Xavi but at least he's a beast for club AND country. Batista is a moron, stop trying to build a team around Messi when you don't have guys like Xavi or Iniesta to help him out :rolleyes:

abraxas21
07-02-2011, 05:12 AM
argentina arguably has better (or equally good at the least) players than xavi and iniesta in those positions. their problem is that they cant make it all click together. it's been like this for over 3 years now.

anyhow, in an ideal world, bolivia would have defeated the argies 1-0 but a tie was better than what i was expecting so i shouldn't complain.

jayjay
07-02-2011, 05:40 AM
Brilliant performance from Argentina and just goes to show how much altitude can affect a match that we were 5 goals better than in Bolivia.

Special mentions...

Rojo - If the Copa America at home is too much for you, you should have told everyone this earlier. Instead you made everyone think you were a competent full back, now we see that you're incompetent when under any kind of pressure.

Burdisso - Try to give away more free kicks, because we all miss Heinze. The 187,465 free kicks you gave away were not enough, give away some more, please.

Milito - We know you are slow, but is there any chance you can make it look like you might not get skinned by even the most average of players?

Cambiasso - It's not your fault you're not Pastore. Tell Batista you're not Pastore, so that Batista can find Pastore and put him on the pitch.

Lavezzi - Thanks for coming. Well done for staying on the pitch since you should have been sent off. And well done for leaving the pitch when you were substituted, it was your most meaningful contribution.

Tevez - Remember when you almost didn't make the squad? That's why. Any chance you can drop out of the squad for someone less selfish?

Pathetic performance. Tame from the beginning. A massive humiliation to play with such a low tempo in the opening game of a home tournament. Batista made himself look really bad tonight, a team that was slowly coming together looked worse than at any time under Maradona, and that's really saying something. Messi looked even more isolated and deep than ever.

"False number nine" Batista wants him to be, well...when he is getting the ball on the edge of his own box, why not just call him a "real number five"?

It almost doesn't matter if they go on to win every game now (although that scenario is impossible to imagine now) because that was so bad it's hard to forget.

It's hard to see Argentina going from that joke of a performance to playing well enough to win the tournament, not unless drastic changes are made. If Pastore doesn't start from now on, then what's the point of even having him in the squad?

He is a playmaker and we need one in this team to take the pressure off Messi. I'm sure Messi will get lots of stick for not doing much in the game, but it's pretty hard to do anything when you play in inept forwards who don't finish or provide a final ball, or constantly receive the ball 70 yards from goal.

If Messi had played for Bolivia tonight, they'd have won 4-1.

Deivid23
07-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Will try to catch a delayed pass later, looks like I´ve missed some good fun for starters :lol:

PD: Fuck off Kun, u dirty rat

Arkulari
07-02-2011, 08:16 AM
D, you will enjoy this :haha:

Why not play with Pastore and Kun/Higuain/Messi as a trident up front?

Pirata.
07-02-2011, 08:55 AM
I still don't understand how the future Mr. Gisela Dulko, the fragile china doll, managed to make the squad. Guy played about five matches for RM the entire season and probably most of them were off the bench. How on earth did he get called up :o

Action Jackson
07-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Messi: "They surprised us with a shitty goal and we were able to equalise thanks to Kun. But we are leaving sad because it wasn't our objective."

SloKid
07-02-2011, 09:47 AM
I still don't understand how the future Mr. Gisela Dulko, the fragile china doll, managed to make the squad. Guy played about five matches for RM the entire season and probably most of them were off the bench. How on earth did he get called up :o
Gago is in the team? :o

Weren't they supposed to get married this month? I think there was some mild controversy about it, cause it clashed with the Copa. Although at that point I thought it's all non-sense as he's never gonna make the team.

Speaking of Gisela, here she is in all her wag glory:
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg610/scaled.php?tn=0&server=610&filename=r6joh.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Deivid23
07-02-2011, 11:14 AM
argentina arguably has better (or equally good at the least) players than xavi and iniesta in those positions.

:haha: wtf are u on?

RagaZ
07-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Messi is a disgrace for the national team, same thing with C.Ronaldo and Rooney, Ibrahimovic etc.

Zidane, Maradona, Pele, Ronaldo(Brazil) etc. always delivered for club AND NATIONAL TEAM.

gaitare
07-02-2011, 11:30 AM
D, you will enjoy this :haha:

Why not play with Pastore and Kun/Higuain/Messi as a trident up front?

#thebeautifulcountrieswherewomenarefootballexperts

Gisela is ageing quickly.

Corner betting will be really tough during this tournament :(

vn01
07-02-2011, 01:45 PM
I enjoyed the match between Argentina and Bolivia ;)

Aguero and di Maria saved the Argies. They should start the next match. Lavezzi tried his best, but didn't perform very well. Messi was good. Tevez didn't play well. The central defenders of Argentina made some bad mistakes. :(

From the Bolivian team, I enjoyed the game of their captain- Radles, and Marcelo Moreno who is a really good striker.

Ibracadabra
07-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Messi is a disgrace for the national team, same thing with C.Ronaldo and Rooney, Ibrahimovic etc.

Zidane, Maradona, Pele, Ronaldo(Brazil) etc. always delivered for club AND NATIONAL TEAM.

Ibrahimovic plays for sweden, he has an excuse.

Elena.
07-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Told ya :) . The informer says Argentina will make the final anyway (not thanks to Messi).

Maradona is better than Messi but slightly ,Maradona is a 9 and Messi an 8 !

Argentina,Bolivia,Brasil,Paraguay,Ecuador,Chile,Ur uguay and Mexico should qualify ..

Arkulari
07-02-2011, 06:11 PM

my thoughts exactly, Xavi and Iniesta work as a single unit, a well oiled machine, they can make passes barely looking at each other, also their individual qualities are better.

Argies have great strikers but their midfield is not good enough.

jayjay
07-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Argies have great strikers but their midfield is not good enough.

Mascherano, Banega and Pastore are plenty good enough, thanks.

Only Mascherano has to virtually play as a centre back to cover Milito and Pastore is on the bench for a reason only Batista knows. Banega was class last night and can be forgiven for his ridiculous error that led to their goal.

Sauletekis
07-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Hahaha! The goal scorer of Bolivia it's a brazilian, but the most funny thing, he plays in a portuguese team called Naval, that was relegated to 2nd division, this year. A Bolivia Copa America hero, playing in Portuguese 2nd division: TOO GOOD! :worship:

Sauletekis
07-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Told ya :) . The informer says Argentina will make the final anyway (not thanks to Messi).

Maradona is better than Messi but slightly ,Maradona is a 9 and Messi an 8 !

Argentina,Bolivia,Brasil,Paraguay,Ecuador,Chile,Ur uguay and Mexico should qualify ..

So who is a ten in your ranking? God?

jayjay
07-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Hahaha! The goal scorer of Bolivia it's a brazilian, but the most funny thing, he plays in a portuguese team called Naval, that was relegated to 2nd division, this year. A Bolivia Copa America hero, playing in Portuguese 2nd division: TOO GOOD! :worship:

Can't believe he's being given the goal, it's clearly a Banega own goal.

Arkulari
07-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Mascherano, Banega and Pastore are plenty good enough, thanks.

Only Mascherano has to virtually play as a centre back to cover Milito and Pastore is on the bench for a reason only Batista knows. Banega was class last night and can be forgiven for his ridiculous error that led to their goal.

Mascherano and Pastore are great players, but the three of them (including Banega) better than let's say Busquets/Xavi/Iniesta? you wish :lol:

jayjay
07-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Mascherano and Pastore are great players, but the three of them (including Banega) better than let's say Busquets/Xavi/Iniesta? you wish :lol:

When did I say they were better?

You said our midfield is not good enough, that's just plain bullshit.

Pirata.
07-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Just curious, how come Zanetti isn't the captain? He's got more caps than Masche :scratch:

Gago is in the team? :o

Weren't they supposed to get married this month? I think there was some mild controversy about it, cause it clashed with the Copa. Although at that point I thought it's all non-sense as he's never gonna make the team

Probably will get married in the middle of the tournament so all his teammates are forced to attend :lol:

jayjay
07-03-2011, 01:41 AM
Just curious, how come Zanetti isn't the captain? He's got more caps than Masche :scratch:

The captain isn't decided on the basis of caps. Mascherano was captain material for the national team ever since he was captain at youth level. Strangely, when he became captain - under Diego - which was overdue, he was reluctant to take it because he is not a vocal leader.

Zanetti is a legend, but he was one of many poor players against Bolivia, he offered no support down the right to Lavezzi in an attacking sense. One of many reasons we constantly looked isolated any time we attacked.

Probably will get married in the middle of the tournament so all his teammates are forced to attend :lol:

If we keep playing like we did against Bolivia, the middle of the tournament will be getting on without us and Gago can have his wedding free of any football committments.

Corey Feldman
07-03-2011, 01:48 AM
from what i seen Argentina were a better team when Maradona was the coach

last night they played like Stoke, long balls and an O.G titus Brambell was laughing at

agree jayjay

Arkulari
07-03-2011, 01:53 AM
When did I say they were better?

You said our midfield is not good enough, that's just plain bullshit.

Good enough yes, not up to Spain's level but again maybe only Netherlands and Germany are there ;)

BTW: how is that Gabi Milito is on the team? Pep preferred to put Mascherano/Busquets as a CB rather than him :lol:

I think they should have Pastore-DiMaria-Messi-Aguero-Higuain up there, Tevez is not up to be on this team after all the shit he pulled through.

ChinoRios4Ever
07-03-2011, 02:08 AM
unreal bad from Argentina :help:

also by Colombia today, very poor against a young Costa Rica team...

Pirata.
07-03-2011, 02:14 AM
The captain isn't decided on the basis of caps. Mascherano was captain material for the national team ever since he was captain at youth level. Strangely, when he became captain - under Diego - which was overdue, he was reluctant to take it because he is not a vocal leader.

Zanetti is a legend, but he was one of many poor players against Bolivia, he offered no support down the right to Lavezzi in an attacking sense. One of many reasons we constantly looked isolated any time we attacked.

Arkulari
07-03-2011, 02:25 AM
unreal bad from Argentina :help:

also by Colombia today, very poor against a young Costa Rica team...

blame Bolillo and his shit tactics, also the fact that Falcao and Rodallega choke horribly on their NT :o

vn01
07-03-2011, 08:07 AM
Colombia def. Costa Rica 1-0. I was impressed by Leonel Morreira, the goalkeeper of Costa Rica :yeah: He saved many chances to goal. And good performance by Guarin from the Colombians :)

Kiedis
07-03-2011, 10:08 AM
^Moreira

If Argentina doesn't win at home the atmosphere is going to be unbearable in the team, especially if Messi isn't able to pull a good championship.

jayjay
07-03-2011, 02:19 PM
from what i seen Argentina were a better team when Maradona was the coach

last night they played like Stoke, long balls and an O.G titus Brambell was laughing at

agree jayjay

Based on the Bolivia match alone, yes, the team was never as bad as that under Diego.

However, that performance hasn't been the kind of level we have shown since the World Cup. The team has been much more cohesive, we hammered Spain and beat Brazil and Portugal since the World Cup. The team was moving in the right direction, but Bolivia game was a huge setback.

jayjay
07-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Good enough yes, not up to Spain's level but again maybe only Netherlands and Germany are there ;)

Well, nice to see you corrected yourself. You said they weren't good enough, now you're saying they are good enough - which is it?

And again, I didn't say they were up to Spain's level.

BTW: how is that Gabi Milito is on the team? Pep preferred to put Mascherano/Busquets as a CB rather than him :lol:

I'd like to know the same. Milito and Messi are quite close, so it wasn't a surprise to see him in the squad for harmony and experience purposes, but I wasn't necessarily expecting him to start. We all know how slow he is and he'll be a liability throughout if he continues to play.

Then again, we don't really have any good centre backs anymore, and the only promising one - Otamendi - was not selected for the squad.

I think they should have Pastore-DiMaria-Messi-Aguero-Higuain up there, Tevez is not up to be on this team after all the shit he pulled through.

Pastore should definitely be in the team, why he isn't is a huge mystery. He and Bangea can release Messi in the way Xavi and Iniesta do at club level, but instead everyone is just giving the ball to Messi static, and asking him to create the play. He then creates the play only to see Lavezzi run the ball over the touchline or Tevez run into players rather than around them.

It will be interesting to see what Batista does against Colombia. If he picks the same team, he better hope they win and win well, otherwise his shelf life will be over soon as coach. He clearly felt the pressure against Bolivia, even though we didn't play well in the first half, we still created bits and pieces, but instead he went 4-2-4 and the gap between defence and attack was huge.

There was at least a twenty minute period where I hardly remember Messi being on the ball in the Bolivian half, he kept having to come into our half to pick up the ball, and Tevez was nowhere to be seen in the second half.

I will be disgusted if there aren't at least a couple of changes, mainly Cambiasso out for Pastore, and at least one of Tevez or Lavezzi out (but ideally, both) for any duo of Di Maria, Aguero, Higuain.

selyoink
07-03-2011, 06:17 PM
It's almost impossible to believe Argentina can't conjure up two centerbacks better than Gabi Milito and Burdisso. You can't expect to win tournaments when all of your good players are attackers and your defensive players are borderline scrubs (Zanetti aside).

vn01
07-03-2011, 07:38 PM
It's almost impossible to believe Argentina can't conjure up two centerbacks better than Gabi Milito and Burdisso. You can't expect to win tournaments when all of your good players are attackers and your defensive players are borderline scrubs (Zanetti aside).

agreed.

samanosuke
07-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Brazil - Venezuela 0:0 . Bad match . Brazil was awful . Nice fighting from Venz

Pato, Robinho and Neymar in attack . can't decide who was worse . Brazil really looks poor . They have just hard workers and these 3 so called artists .neymar is new robinho and pato just isn't world class . Don't see bright " close" future for them

selyoink
07-03-2011, 11:39 PM
It is shocking how poor a group of attacking players Brazil has at the moment. I would like to know why none of the Shakhtar contingent have been given a chance with only Jadson called up for this tournament.

This tournament could be a lot more wide open then expected seeing how dreadful both Brazil and Argentina looked in their opening games. And its not like they played any of the second tier South American sides rather it was two of the bottom tier sides though to be fair to Venezuela they have improved a lot over the last decade.

jayjay
07-03-2011, 11:47 PM
I love Ganso, but he was painfully bad tonight. I would like to say it made me feel a bit better about Argentina to see how poor Brazil were, but it didn't.

The pitch has been a bit of a problem in La Plata, but it doesn't excuse how bad Argentina and Brazil have been in the opening games.

Arkulari
07-04-2011, 12:00 AM
I'd like to know the same. Milito and Messi are quite close, so it wasn't a surprise to see him in the squad for harmony and experience purposes, but I wasn't necessarily expecting him to start. We all know how slow he is and he'll be a liability throughout if he continues to play.

Then again, we don't really have any good centre backs anymore, and the only promising one - Otamendi - was not selected for the squad.

oh yeah, they like to "share" :aplot: :p :devil:

now being honest I agree with you, why is Milito playing? any relatively fast forward can eat him for breakfast, hell if things get too bad put Mascherano at CB and Cambiasso at the midfield (desperate measures), it'll still be better than this.

Otamendi is very good, I still don't get why him and Hulk weren't called for their respective NTs after the great season they had at Porto.

Grondona said: "Messi wasn't playing badly, it was the rest of the squad" what an asshole :stupid:

Sauletekis
07-04-2011, 12:44 AM
oh yeah, they like to "share" :aplot: :p :devil:

now being honest I agree with you, why is Milito playing? any relatively fast forward can eat him for breakfast, hell if things get too bad put Mascherano at CB and Cambiasso at the midfield (desperate measures), it'll still be better than this.

Otamendi is very good, I still don't get why him and Hulk weren't called for their respective NTs after the great season they had at Porto.

Grondona said: "Messi wasn't playing badly, it was the rest of the squad" what an asshole :stupid:

Yes, Hulk made a crazy season. If he wasn't called to play now, he will never be called. The guy is a force of nature, there is not player with his characteristics in the world.

Ottamendi was not as good as Hulk, of course. He wasn't even an obvious first choice for Porto, cause many many times they played with Rolando and Maicon (being Rolando the player that always played). But with this central defenders, Ottamendi has clearly the level to be first choice. Also think the same about Coloccini...

Arkulari
07-04-2011, 12:49 AM
This tournament has been shit so far, 3 goals in 4 matches? give me a break :stupid:

selyoink
07-04-2011, 12:54 AM
This tournament has been shit so far, 3 goals in 4 matches? give me a break :stupid:

Yes dreadful matches so far. Bolivia have probably been the best team so far as they would've won had their striker not choked on a 1 vs. 1 chance at 1-0 up shortly before the equaliser. Hopefully Chile and Uruguay have something to offer.

jayjay
07-04-2011, 01:40 AM

Actually, that's one of the few statements Grondona has ever made that is easier to agree with. Messi was average, but many of the others were beyond awful.

jayjay
07-04-2011, 01:44 AM

Paraguay/Ecuador was a perfectly decent match, the other three not so much. Copa America usually averages over 3 goals a game for the tournament, don't be surprised if it still ends up being so.

Arkulari
07-04-2011, 02:01 AM
Actually, that's one of the few statements Grondona has ever made that is easier to agree with. Messi was average, but many of the others were beyond awful.

still, he shouldn't have said that, he has to support the entire NT, not bandwagon a player :shrug:

Paraguay/Ecuador was a perfectly decent match, the other three not so much. Copa America usually averages over 3 goals a game for the tournament, don't be surprised if it still ends up being so.

To think that Colombia is the only one who has won a match so far :haha:

jayjay
07-04-2011, 02:10 AM
still, he shouldn't have said that, he has to support the entire NT, not bandwagon a player :shrug:

I'm glad he said it, it's about times these players - many of whom are very talented - stopped giving the ball to Messi and standing there like lemons waiting for him to beat 10 players by himself.

To think that Colombia is the only one who has won a match so far :haha:

It's safe to say no one would have thought Argentina and Brazil would fail to win their opening game, especially since it is arguably the easiest game on paper for both in the group - certainly in Brazil's case.

Then again, both played so badly that neither deserved to win in the slightest. I'm actually glad we didn't win, to have come out of that with a 2-1 win and have Batista and the players making out they fought out a gallant victory would have been bullshitting themselves as well as the rest of the world.

I expect Argentina to play well against Colombia, very well. If that game hasn't woken them up, nothing will.

StevoTG
07-04-2011, 02:10 AM
Thankfully there was alcohol to help me through the Brazil - Venezuela match. The Paraguay - Ecuador math was decent. Feels like the tournament hasn't come to life yet. Could be some tight groups at the end.

Arkulari
07-04-2011, 02:25 AM
I'm glad he said it, it's about times these players - many of whom are very talented - stopped giving the ball to Messi and standing there like lemons waiting for him to beat 10 players by himself.

It's safe to say no one would have thought Argentina and Brazil would fail to win their opening game, especially since it is arguably the easiest game on paper for both in the group - certainly in Brazil's case.

Then again, both played so badly that neither deserved to win in the slightest. I'm actually glad we didn't win, to have come out of that with a 2-1 win and have Batista and the players making out they fought out a gallant victory would have been bullshitting themselves as well as the rest of the world.

I expect Argentina to play well against Colombia, very well. If that game hasn't woken them up, nothing will.

Don't worry, even if Argentina plays crappily, Colombia will choke in the end :lol:

jayjay
07-04-2011, 02:29 AM
Don't worry, even if Argentina plays crappily, Colombia will choke in the end :lol:

I'm not worried, it would just be nice to see them play well, win, lose or draw. That performance against Bolivia has kind of taken off any enthusiasm I hoped to gain for this team/tournament. My interest and passion for football isn't what it used to be, and that Bolivia game well and truly killed off any even fake passion I could muster for the following few weeks.

I hope we win the tournament, I hope we play well even if we don't, but I can't say I care like I did say 5-10-15 years ago.

Arkulari
07-04-2011, 02:52 AM
I'm not worried, it would just be nice to see them play well, win, lose or draw. That performance against Bolivia has kind of taken off any enthusiasm I hoped to gain for this team/tournament. My interest and passion for football isn't what it used to be, and that Bolivia game well and truly killed off any even fake passion I could muster for the following few weeks.

I hope we win the tournament, I hope we play well even if we don't, but I can't say I care like I did say 5-10-15 years ago.

I hope you can get that passion back, there's nothing better than suffer like a madman when your team is playing :p

Corey Feldman
07-04-2011, 02:55 AM
has anyone apart from argies/brazil ever won this cup?

abraxas21
07-04-2011, 03:15 AM
^uruguay, paraguay, perú, colombia, ecuador

i think only venezuela, chile, bolivia have nevr won it

abraxas21
07-04-2011, 03:19 AM

i'm just stating facts here, son...

in any case, why are these spanish so defensive? this is one of the reasons why most rational people dislike spain in sports. i suggest you and your countrymen get that fixed.

Arkulari
07-04-2011, 04:58 AM

in any case, why are these spanish so defensive? this is one of the reasons why most rational people dislike spain in sports. i suggest you and your countrymen get that fixed.

where? most of our NT guys are well liked, our football clubs are pretty popular, etc; you just hate us :lol:

of course there are tools like the guys who haunt MARCA's forum but most of us are pretty cool ;) :p

Pirata.
07-04-2011, 04:59 AM

These guys just love to lick Messi's asshole :lol:

abraxas21
07-04-2011, 06:06 AM
where? most of our NT guys are well liked, our football clubs are pretty popular, etc; you just hate us :lol:

of course there are tools like the guys who haunt MARCA's forum but most of us are pretty cool ;) :p

i don't hate you guys at all. my grandma was spanish, my dad's second wife (with whom i get along fine) is spanish and spain has been the only european country i've ever been to (had a good time) but...... i just regularly want you guys to lose in sports. don't really know why. can't help it

Arkulari
07-04-2011, 06:09 AM
i don't hate you guys at all. my grandma was spanish, my dad's second wife (with whom i get along fine) is spanish and spain has been the only european country i've ever been to (had a good time) but...... i just regularly want you guys to lose in sports. don't really know why. can't help it

maybe it's the bored winning thing? people get bored with someone wins too much and Spain's been pretty strong in sports lately ;)

abraxas21
07-04-2011, 06:19 AM
maybe it's the bored winning thing? people get bored with someone wins too much and Spain's been pretty strong in sports lately ;)

dont think so.. i wanted you guys to lose in everything before you started winning everything. if i were supertitious, i'd be tempted to believe that my hatred might have given you guys luck. a reverse jinx, if you will.

Arkulari
07-04-2011, 06:29 AM
you're Spain's Linky! :eek: :eek: :spit:

abraxas21
07-04-2011, 07:12 AM
nobody can compete with linky in that department. plus, i keep telling myself not to believe in that stuff :)

BlackSilver
07-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Brazil - Venezuela 0:0 . Bad match . Brazil was awful . Nice fighting from Venz

Pato, Robinho and Neymar in attack . can't decide who was worse . Brazil really looks poor . They have just hard workers and these 3 so called artists .neymar is new robinho and pato just isn't world class . Don't see bright " close" future for them

You don't have a clue.
Never saw anyone calling these three of "artists", except Neymar, which obviously he is, as probably the great majority of those who watches south american football will agree. He isn't the new Robinho.
Robinho finishes his goals attempts badly, Neymar is far superior.
Yes, he is somewhat overrated and might end having a Robinho's like career if go play for some european team out of position.
The fact you didn't mentioned the probable most talented brazilian player in he last 10-15 years, shows me you probably don't watch nothing of south american football

Deivid23
07-04-2011, 09:19 AM

Defensive? :lol:

I´m only laughing at you, son :kiss:

Deivid23
07-04-2011, 09:24 AM
The fact you didn't mentioned the probable most talented brazilian player in he last 10-15 years, shows me you probably don't watch nothing of south american football

As much as I like Ganso, he was quite awful yesterday. Had more to do with him not being sharp and a tad lazy than anything else, hope he can show what he´s made of from now and on

Deivid23
07-04-2011, 09:27 AM
You don't have a clue.

Samanuke has hardly a clue about anything, forgive the little boy :lol:

Elena.
07-04-2011, 12:26 PM

No ,it's not safe .The informer is not on them for the final win :cool:...I can't stay up watching Chile tonight :mad:

Elena.
07-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Actually Argentina is his second pick if Chile doesn't grab the shot they'll have to win the thing ,which case will not be the informers's fault !

Deivid23
07-04-2011, 12:58 PM
No ,it's not safe .The informer is not on them for the final win :cool:...I can't stay up watching Chile tonight :mad:

Like a fucking broken record :lol:

Elena.
07-04-2011, 01:09 PM
yeah i am a bit repetitive ! I shall improve that :haha:

Action Jackson
07-04-2011, 01:12 PM
yeah i am a bit repetitive ! I shall improve that :haha:

Yes, stop posting.

Elena.
07-04-2011, 01:14 PM
:wavey: see ya at the final ,my pleasure !

jayjay
07-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Apparently Batista is going to make only one change for Colombia, Zabaleta in for Rojo. He is going to stick with the same front three and claims that Pastore can't play because he'd have to play left midfield, where Cambiasso started - but then contradicted himself by saying Pastore has been playing there in training.

So to clarify, Pastore can't play because of the system Batista is intent on using, but Pastore was called in to the squad and is training in this system.

That makes perfect sense.

He better hope Lavezzi/Tevez come through for him against Colombia, since he has decided to place his future as national coach in their hands. Or that Messi saves him with an individual performance of brilliance and masks the fact this team could function so much better if Pastore and a more accomplished forward was in the team.

Pirata.
07-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Apparently Batista is going to make only one change for Colombia, Zabaleta in for Rojo. He is going to stick with the same front three and claims that Pastore can't play because he'd have to play left midfield, where Cambiasso started - but then contradicted himself by saying Pastore has been playing there in training.

So to clarify, Pastore can't play because of the system Batista is intent on using, but Pastore was called in to the squad and is training in this system.

That makes perfect sense.

He better hope Lavezzi/Tevez come through for him against Colombia, since he has decided to place his future as national coach in their hands. Or that Messi saves him with an individual performance of brilliance and masks the fact this team could function so much better if Pastore and a more accomplished forward was in the team.

:facepalm:

Should put Higuain or Kun in for Tevez. Batista is an utter clown.

selyoink
07-05-2011, 01:10 AM
So the three sides that have probably been the worst in South America since the start of the century all get draws against much more fancied and respected sides. It will be interesting to see if Peru, Bolivia or Venezuela can advance.

Arkulari
07-05-2011, 02:50 AM
Where's super Alexis now? :lol: Chile is losing to the U-22 of México (and this is like the backup team of that since 8 players left due to scandals), Suazo and Sánchez threw away tons of goals :lol:

Batista is a fucking clown, Pastore would be part of the starting XI in most teams of the world, not to mention that getting Tevez instead of Higuain or Kun is such bullshit :stupid:

Arkulari
07-05-2011, 03:19 AM
Defenders saving Chile instead of the Sánchez, Suazos and Fernández of the world :lol:

abraxas21
07-05-2011, 03:30 AM
Where's super Alexis now? :lol: Chile is losing to the U-22 of México (and this is like the backup team of that since 8 players left due to scandals), Suazo and Sánchez threw away tons of goals :lol:

alexis is all pretty play but few goals. as the saying goes: mucho ruído, pocas nueces. dude's got talent and a lot of potential, though.

fernandez is a bit of a hasbeen by now. can't believe not too long ago he was officially regarded as the best player playing in an american team. if i had to make a comparison with tennis, i'd say he's the equivalent of james blake.

suazo isnt that good but he's not that bad either. doesn't like to run but can make goals every now and then... still, we could use a better attacker if we had one

abraxas21
07-05-2011, 03:31 AM
suazo, you mug

Arkulari
07-05-2011, 03:31 AM
alexis is all pretty play but few goals. as the saying goes: mucho ruído, pocas nueces.

this.

abraxas21
07-05-2011, 03:41 AM
So the three sides that have probably been the worst in South America since the start of the century all get draws against much more fancied and respected sides. It will be interesting to see if Peru, Bolivia or Venezuela can advance.

perú has won the copa 2 times

i think only venezuela, bolivia and chile have never won it

Arkulari
07-05-2011, 03:50 AM
But you have to acknowledge that Peru and Bolivia are the two worst south american teams right now.

abraxas21
07-05-2011, 04:22 AM
But you have to acknowledge that Peru and Bolivia are the two worst south american teams right now.

yeah, i would guess so.

historically venezuela has been by far the worst south american squad but they have improved a lot in the past few years. they're still not quite among, say, the top 5 but as their last results prove, they are capable of embittering the party even to the superpowers.

Elena.
07-05-2011, 07:34 AM
:haha: Chile has been the only team capable of winning so far ! And Sanchez the best in the match .The genius who is the informer !The people who don't want me to post here are only gelous pricks !Any thread with the informer posts should be 5 stars !

abraxas21
07-05-2011, 07:41 AM
:haha: Chile has been the only team capable of winning so far ! And Sanchez the best in the match .The genius who is the informer !The people who don't want me to post here are only gelous pricks !Any thread with the informer posts should be 5 stars !

colombia won as well.

SloKid
07-05-2011, 08:32 AM
And Sanchez the best in the match .The genius who is the informer !
Wait, are you trying to tell us that your informer knew that Sanchez, a player top teams are battling to sign for like 40m pounds, is a good player. Well he's a genius indeed, because Sanchez flew under everyone's radar and no one would've known he's good if it weren't for your informer. :worship:

jayjay
07-05-2011, 03:28 PM

Chile won't win the Copa America, I hate to inform you of that. Get it? :D

Sauletekis
07-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Didn't saw the match, but saw the Highligths, and my Matigol was in every attacking dangerous play of Chile. Also in the 2 goals. Got to love this player! My favourite in the world, ATM (and I'm not sying he's the best)!

Vamos MATI! Vamos CHILE!

Arkulari
07-05-2011, 05:34 PM

:stupid: Colombia won as well and Alexis Sánchez wasn't even Chile's best player, you should try watching the match before saying things like that :rolleyes:

abraxas21
07-05-2011, 06:38 PM
:stupid: Colombia won as well and Alexis Sánchez wasn't even Chile's best player, you should try watching the match before saying things like that :rolleyes:

somehow sánchez won some best-player-of-the-match right after the match. i don't know who voted or bestowed it, though

for what is worth, the commentator said medel was the best player...

jayjay
07-05-2011, 06:49 PM
somehow sánchez won some best-player-of-the-match right after the match. i don't know who voted or bestowed it, though

I think Messi got MOM in our game, when Banega was clearly our best player on the night (even with that stupid own goal).

Elena.
07-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Guys i admit i've been incredibly annoying at times with my posts ,i promise i am changed i won't be anymore :sad: Peace .

Arkulari
07-05-2011, 08:50 PM

I think Messi got MOM in our game, when Banega was clearly our best player on the night (even with that stupid own goal).

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$

abraxas21
07-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Guys i admit i've been incredibly annoying at times with my posts ,i promise i am changed i won't be anymore :sad: Peace .

i dont find you annoying but i dont quite get all this informer talk

selyoink
07-05-2011, 11:12 PM

Does beating the Costa Rica Olympic team or whatever version of the team this is really count?

Arkulari
07-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Does beating the Costa Rica Olympic team or whatever version of the team this is really count?

well, México is about the same thing since 8 players of the U-22 squad got kicked out of the team ;)

shotgun
07-06-2011, 12:52 AM
Having the A-teams of Mexico and Costa Rica taking part in the competition would be interesting, but these Olympic teams? No point at all.

Copa America should go back to the format it was played in until 1991. 10 South American teams divided in two groups of 5, best two of each group qualifying to the final stages. It was so much more exciting back then. The Brazil-Ecuador match in 1991 is unforgettable. First rounds now are a snoozefest, it's almost impossible to get kicked out in the group stage if the team is semi-decent.

Plus Concacaf nations have the Gold Cup anyway.

Arkulari
07-06-2011, 02:53 AM
Having the A-teams of Mexico and Costa Rica taking part in the competition would be interesting, but these Olympic teams? No point at all.

Copa America should go back to the format it was played in until 1991. 10 South American teams divided in two groups of 5, best two of each group qualifying to the final stages. It was so much more exciting back then. The Brazil-Ecuador match in 1991 is unforgettable. First rounds now are a snoozefest, it's almost impossible to get kicked out in the group stage if the team is semi-decent.

Plus Concacaf nations have the Gold Cup anyway.

Couldn't have said it better :yeah:

Deivid23
07-06-2011, 09:12 AM

Who was in your opinion Chile´s best player? Llorente?

Arkulari
07-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Who was in your opinion Chile´s best player? Llorente?

Fernando Jose Torres Sanz

A stupid answer for a stupid question.

Deivid23
07-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Fernando Jose Torres Sanz

A stupid answer for a stupid question.

It was not a stupid question at all given your proven knowledge of the game :lol:

I´ve seen it all here, Llorente missing 4 open goal chances and yourself writing he was MOTM :haha:

PD: Alexis Sánchez was certainly the best Chilean player (only Ponce or Vidal bc of the header were close to his level) against México. You got it wrong once again, dear;)

Pirata.
07-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Wondering if I should bother staying up for the Argentina match. Don't want to bother if Floptista won't play Higuain :scratch: Don't want to spend 90 minutes looking at Messi's rat face :shrug:

Arkulari
07-06-2011, 11:24 PM
It was not a stupid question at all given your proven knowledge of the game :lol:

I´ve seen it all here, Llorente missing 4 open goal chances and yourself writing he was MOTM :haha:

PD: Alexis Sánchez was certainly the best Chilean player (only Ponce or Vidal bc of the header were close to his level) against México. You got it wrong once again, dear;)

Vidal was very good and in fact all the defense were the best of the match, better than Sánchez and I'm not saying guy's a mug, just that I expected much more from him because of all the hype about him coming to BCN.

You THINK you know ALL about the game, but all you do is to bitch about other people's opinions, you're one of those guys who think they are always right like AJ and will bully others if they think differently :lol:

And BTW: if I'm supposedly obsessed with Torres, your thing with Llorente is worse, maybe it's a mancrush? hell, I like Fernando but he's not even my fave historical Athletic player or NT player of all times.

Arkulari
07-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Colombia playing with Sánchez instead of Bolívar, Falcao as lone "9", Dayro and Ramos as wingers.

Seems like Argentina will get Zabaleta to start, leave Pastore on the bench again and will play Tévez instead of Higuain/Kun :stupid:

I'm in Buenos Aires, so I'm praying Argentina wins otherwise we can have River Riots 2.0, not cool :unsure:

Action Jackson
07-07-2011, 02:24 AM
Moreno what a huge miss there, wonders if he was paid off to do so.

Arkulari
07-07-2011, 02:35 AM
Colombia is making Argentina crazy with the pressure, Guarín, Zuñiga and Moreno are recovering all balls, Falcao is doing a good job getting off Mascherano's zone (the only decent defending Argie of the match)

So far Messi only with a couple of passes, Tevez has been denied by Martínez the Colombian GK, Lavezzi is losing with both Perea and Yepes.

Colombia is playing a very organized match and unless Batista wakes up and puts Pastore, DiMaria and Higuain/Kun there this can end up with a victory for Colombia or a draw.

BTW: Batista's face when Messi slipped :spit: guy was DYING there :lol:

Arkulari
07-07-2011, 03:07 AM
Who does Pastore have to kill to get a place on the team? Batista takes out Cambiasso and sends GAGO there? WTF? :stupid:

rocketassist
07-07-2011, 03:29 AM
This tournament hasn't half stunk so far, thinking they're all burnt out from a long season.

Arkulari
07-07-2011, 03:46 AM
Messi is a great player but it is clear that he needs a good midfield, Pastore and DiMaria should be there.

Colombia might not be a very beautiful team to watch but they are hard workers and are very organized, both Perea and Yepes are really experienced CB who take the brunt of the defense because Armero and Zuñiga go and attack with the wingers and forwards, Falcao is a forward who goes back to defend when the team needs him, they all fight for the ball.

If Romero hadn't had a good night, this might have ended on a beating for Argentina, they were surpassed in all aspects by Colombia.

Action Jackson
07-07-2011, 04:04 AM
This tournament hasn't half stunk so far, thinking they're all burnt out from a long season.

That is part of it for sure. At the same time the knives are getting ready to be sharpened for Batista.

That was almost as good as the jogo bonito England produce.

Action Jackson
07-07-2011, 04:20 AM
Maybe next time they play there should be "Are you England in disguise" chants, that should be enough to get them going.

Arkulari
07-07-2011, 04:28 AM
Those subs were so sad, I mean, sure Aguero for Lavezzi but fucking Gago for Cambiasso? I think Pastore fucked Batista's wife or something, otherwise I cannot explain why he's not playing, it's almost as if Argentina is playing with three pivots and three forwards, there's no game generation, hell if Zanetti of all people is the one setting up people up front you know you're screwed :o

Action Jackson
07-07-2011, 04:31 AM
Batista

On Pastore

"We could use Pastore [to link better with Messi] but I don't want to change the system.'

"We didn’t play like we have learnt to play, but we have to keep working"
"Mathematically we have a chance to qualify."

Arkulari
07-07-2011, 04:36 AM
At this point, Argies are missing Diego as their coach :lol:

Funny tidbit: Messi & Falcao, topscorers of CL & EL respectively have 0 goals so far in this tournament, they are definitely club dependant

jayjay
07-07-2011, 05:24 AM
Thank fuck I got paid to watch that shit, as opposed to the 40k plus in the stadium who had to pay to watch it.

As one of my colleagues said during the match in the first half, "Argentina are outnumbered going forward and outnumbered defending!?". It takes some kind of managerial genius to pull that off, Maradona exhibited that expertly against Germany in the World Cup, but Batista has outdone him against Bolivia and Colombia at HOME.

Will we beat Costa Rica? I'll be in Paris and will absolutely make no attempt to watch it.

Another brilliant display from Burdisso and Milito, who both wanted to get an assist for a Colombia goal. Zanetti, during the first half, was blown over by thin air - how many of you noticed that? It must be on You Tube. He was strolling forwards and was then literally planted on his ass. Zabaleta's performance was a marginal improvement on Rojo's on the other flank.

In midfield Mascherano was ok, but constantly outnumbered. Cambiasso and Banega are suffering due to Batista neither asking them to be playmakers or defensive midfielders - they seem completely unsure about what they should be doing. And are doing neither of either. Banega's level dropped from the Bolivia game.

Upfront Tevez looked like he might be in the mood to begin with, but was never a serious danger. Messi had a poor game, and this time it was on him, he had the ball at his feet plenty of times running towards goal but was constantly outhustled. Lavezzi is a comedy international footballer - the fact that he is starting is enough reason for us to not deserve to win this tournament. Everytime he touches the ball you know what he will do - turn upfield and just run until he either leaves the ball behind, runs out of play or is easily tackled.

If Pastore doesn't get one minute of action in two games in which Argentina are horrendous beyond belief, then when would he play? And what has he done? He has obviously done something. Something has clearly happened between Batista and Pastore.

Let me guess? Lavezzi will start against Costa Rica and will score a scrappy goal in a shitty 2-0 win and Batista will use that as vindication?

We can't even win the group now if Colombia beat Bolivia. :lol:

If Argentina win this it won't say much for where South American international football is at right now. We are poor. For the first time in my life Argentina look completely uncomfortable and wasteful in possession. Turn back the clock to 2004 under Bielsa during the Copa and Olympics where the football was sublime. Or 2007 Copa under Basile where the team worked like a dream, manipulating and dominating possession with ease.

Now they look like England. I can't believe I'm saying that, but it's true. They look like England. Clueless.

I don't know why but I still think Argentina will somehow win this competition and if we do, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, Brazil et al should be ashamed of themselves.

jayjay
07-07-2011, 05:35 AM
Funny tidbit: Messi & Falcao, topscorers of CL & EL respectively have 0 goals so far in this tournament, they are definitely club dependant

That's just a really lazy way of thinking.

Messi is not "club dependant", he simply needs team mates, like any player. Argentina has no push from midfield and no width from either the attackers or full backs. Put Pastore in the team, along with a number 9 and full backs who will go beyond their opposite number and Messi would be having a very good tournament. Give him none of those things and feed him the ball on the half-way line with 4 players around him and he's going to get tackled most of the time, like anyone else would.

As for Falcao, he's a classic number nine. He relies on service. If you give him service, he'll give you goals. If you don't, he won't. Colombia are very pragmatic and are not remotely expansive, while Porto are. If Colombia were more ambitious, Falcao would have the chances to score goals, and he would.

It's not got nothing to do with being "club dependant", it has everything to do with what you are asking the players to do in a different system. Messi is being asked to do everything and Falcao is being asked to be the first defender rather than the first attacker.

Arkulari
07-07-2011, 06:07 AM

Messi is not "club dependant", he simply needs team mates, like any player. Argentina has no push from midfield and no width from either the attackers or full backs. Put Pastore in the team, along with a number 9 and full backs who will go beyond their opposite number and Messi would be having a very good tournament. Give him none of those things and feed him the ball on the half-way line with 4 players around him and he's going to get tackled most of the time, like anyone else would.

As for Falcao, he's a classic number nine. He relies on service. If you give him service, he'll give you goals. If you don't, he won't. Colombia are very pragmatic and are not remotely expansive, while Porto are. If Colombia were more ambitious, Falcao would have the chances to score goals, and he would.

It's not got nothing to do with being "club dependant", it has everything to do with what you are asking the players to do in a different system. Messi is being asked to do everything and Falcao is being asked to be the first defender rather than the first attacker.

I'd say that expressed myself poorly and they are more tactically dependant than club dependant, they are comfortable playing in one position and are forced to play outside of that comfort zone; in Messi's case for example, he's getting ALL the blame for what's happening but TBH it's not the same to play with Banega/Cambiasso than with Xavi/Iniesta, not to mention that he's not exactly a playmaker and Argentina playing with 3 pivots forced him to do so, Lavezzi is a SHIT forward, one of the worst ones I've seen in Argentina, why Kun or Higuain aren't starting on his place is something I wonder.

I was saying the same thing on Twitter earlier about Pastore, did he sleep with Batista's wife? did he poison his coach's cat? there's absolutely no reason why he isn't playing, why in the name of the fuck did he subbed GAGO for Cambiasso? and at the end they were playing with like 4 forwards?

Batista is the one to blame here for his absolute shit tactics, I think any third division coach in Spain would do a better job, because he's got good players, don't know how to play them though.

Falcao is doing what Hulk does in Porto and that's not something he's comfortable with either.

Action Jackson
07-07-2011, 07:14 AM
Comments from some of the Argentine players.

TEVEZ: "The important thing is we need to change this situation. We have to keep working and find solutions"

Good players are everywhere, but if you don't play as a team, you don't exist."

"What can I say to the fans? I've got nothing to tell them. They're right to be mad now"

G. MILITO: "We know we are playing worse than what we all thought we would"

"Everything hurts. The result, the performance. But we have to face this reality and take responsibility"

CAMBIASSO: "We have to be capable of getting out of this situation. Fans have every right to be mad"

Pirata.
07-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Gago :spit:

Even Pedro Leon got more playing time last season.

Corey Feldman
07-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Don't want to spend 90 minutes looking at Messi's rat face :shrug::lol:

JolánGagó
07-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Hope Bolivia enjoyed that 6-1, because they are going to get fucking destroyed. We'll score at least five

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=11174662&postcount=181

gurus... :spit:

samanosuke
07-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Again great occasion after South Africa last year to see hugely overrated Argentinian midget in real light in back to back miseries

Venle
07-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Argentina's attacking field on paper is very impressive as always, they just can't seem to get it right together. :shrug:

samanosuke
07-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Argentina's attacking field on paper is very impressive as always, they just can't seem to get it right together. :shrug:

Shame, Xavi and Iniesta aren't Argentinians

Deivid23
07-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Vidal was very good and in fact all the defense were the best of the match, better than Sánchez and I'm not saying guy's a mug, just that I expected much more from him because of all the hype about him coming to BCN..

That´s your problem bc you´re one of those sheeps that move and check out players when the press says so. Alexis has been around for a long time to "expect more from him bc of the hype about him coming to BCN". Plus the only thing he did wrong was the missed 1 to 1 in first half. He was always a threat, went many times straight into their defence´s throat as always, moved the ball pretty well, and if only Suazo had been at 40% of his ability Chile would have walked it thanks in big part to Sánchez

You THINK you know ALL about the game, but all you do is to bitch about other people's opinions, you're one of those guys who think they are always right like AJ and will bully others if they think differently :lol:

I´ve certainly spent more time than you playing football, attending to matches and watching them, plus I´m a tad smarter than you analyzing the sport to say the least, so yes I know the game much better than you. Any more questions?

And BTW: if I'm supposedly obsessed with Torres, your thing with Llorente is worse, maybe it's a mancrush? hell, I like Fernando but he's not even my fave historical Athletic player or NT player of all times.

You´re just a fangirl who drools over any good looking football player, maybe wishing he was your husband instead of the one who you´ve got, not my case, as I´m pretty happy with what I´ve done. Hope this helps

Deivid23
07-07-2011, 01:52 PM

You should charge her for this, jayjay :lol:

JolánGagó
07-07-2011, 01:54 PM
I´ve certainly spent more time than you playing football, attending to matches and watching them, plus I´m a tad smarter than you analyzing the sport to say the least, so yes I know the game much better than you. Any more questions?

You´re just a fangirl who drools over any good looking football player, maybe wishing he was your husband instead of the one who you´ve got, not my case, as I´m pretty happy with what I´ve done. Hope this helps

You forgot to remind you've got balls unlike her.

Action Jackson
07-07-2011, 02:00 PM

Actually not, bring some well balanced views whether I agree with them or not, then that's fine. No, I just call your bullshit on Torres and ridiculously Roncero like rants about referees.

As for Falcao and Messi, club and international football are very different things, got to adjust to the particular systems, jayjay explained it fairly clearly.

Arkulari
07-07-2011, 06:04 PM

Oh yeah, I am so in love with Iniesta and Iraola, such sexy guys, the only reason I like them is because of their beautiful faces and abs :spit:
You fail in so many levels :lol:

AJ: you're ridiculously biased against RM, so calling anyone's bullshit is nothing short of what SdG does in tennis, as we would say in Spanish: calladito te ves más guapo

jayjay
07-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Again great occasion after South Africa last year to see hugely overrated Argentinian midget in real light in back to back miseries

No matter how overrated, he still did this, didn't he? Ouch.

1ab9YcsPdnI

Arkulari
07-07-2011, 06:49 PM
I don't think he's overrated, Messi has great quality and is one of the best players I've seen in my time but he's definitely a Barcelona product, fits so much better on the club than in the NT, again Argentina is a group of good players but isn't really a team because of coaching.

Action Jackson
07-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Oh yeah, I am so in love with Iniesta and Iraola, such sexy guys, the only reason I like them is because of their beautiful faces and abs :spit:
You fail in so many levels :lol:

AJ: you're ridiculously biased against RM, so calling anyone's bullshit is nothing short of what SdG does in tennis, as we would say in Spanish: calladito te ves más guapo

With RM far from it. They do well, then they get praise if not, then they deserve criticism. On my worst RM or Man U hating days, still doesn't compare to your rants about Torres and refereeing.

Arkulari
07-07-2011, 07:05 PM
With RM far from it. They do well, then they get praise if not, then they deserve criticism. On my worst RM or Man U hating days, still doesn't compare to your rants about Torres and refereeing.

Yes, I don't like either thing but at least I can acknowledge I'm biased, you think you are not ;)

6rxCUh-tED4

JLQVouqqa1U

The more I watch, the more I facepalm about Batista, that guy gets a team with good players and fucks it this way? :stupid:

jayjay
07-07-2011, 07:09 PM
I don't think he's overrated, Messi has great quality and is one of the best players I've seen in my time but he's definitely a Barcelona product, fits so much better on the club than in the NT, again Argentina is a group of good players but isn't really a team because of coaching.

Yeah, of course he's not overrated, he's the best player in the world FFS and has been for years.

And he only fits better for Barcelona because Argentina are playing a system that is contrary to get the best out of Messi. Messi has played many outstanding games for Argentina when the team has been functioning more as a collective.

And it's quite amusing for the bitter Real Madrid fans to be making out Messi had a bad World Cup - he was the stand out player during the group phase, he just didn't score a goal. In the knock out phase he wasn't as good as Argentina's level dipped also, we could easily have lost to Mexico, before Germany.

Action Jackson
07-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Yeah, of course he's not overrated, he's the best player in the world FFS and has been for years.

And he only fits better for Barcelona because Argentina are playing a system that is contrary to get the best out of Messi. Messi has played many outstanding games for Argentina when the team has been functioning more as a collective.

And it's quite amusing for the bitter Real Madrid fans to be making out Messi had a bad World Cup - he was the stand out player during the group phase, he just didn't score a goal. In the knock out phase he wasn't as good as Argentina's level dipped also, we could easily have lost to Mexico, before Germany.

Messi is the easy target when Argentina don't play well, seems like they expect him to beat 6 players, moonwalk, nutmeg and then chip the keeper. Basile and Bielsa Messi would have better chances to show his skills. Only so much one can do within a particular tactical system.

Action Jackson
07-07-2011, 07:34 PM
http://www.sport.es/resources/jpg/5/4/1309805452045.jpg

Arkulari
07-07-2011, 07:34 PM
I'd love to see Pastore and Messi playing together with Kun and Higuain up front

Corey Feldman
07-07-2011, 07:42 PM
watching now on ESPN

pathetic chances wasted by Colombians

samanosuke
07-07-2011, 07:48 PM
watching now on ESPN

pathetic chances wasted by Colombians

nothing better than miss an empty goal from 10 meters

jayjay
07-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Messi is the easy target when Argentina don't play well, seems like they expect him to beat 6 players, moonwalk, nutmeg and then chip the keeper. Basile and Bielsa Messi would have better chances to show his skills. Only so much one can do within a particular tactical system.

It really shouldn't be that hard to form a team - with the players we have - that allows Messi to get the ball in dangerous areas of the pitch. Argentina, namely Batista, has tried to make it far more complicated than it needs to be.

I think Messi had one or two shots against Bolivia and other than the awful free kick he took late on, I don't recall a shot against Colombia. A couple of times in the Colombia game he was guilty of not pulling the trigger when he could have.

There is just far too much pressure on him now and the crowd and media are not helping. It's a shame that too many Argentina fans can't accept someone has come along who might be better than Maradona and instead of embracing Messi are hoping he doesn't prove to be as good. Messi often looks unhappy when playing in Argentina.

Only under Basile and in a brief spell under Maradona/Batista has Messi been allowed to flourish. Batista is carrying all the hallmarks of a guy who has realised the job is too big for him.

Before the Copa, Tevez and Gago were expected to be out of the squad. Now Tevez is not only in the squad, but in the team. And Gago, who has only been in the news during the past year because he got engaged to Gisela Dulko, suddenly finds his way on to the pitch before Pastore. And was fucking awful, I might add, when he came on.

Tevez is so selfish and is living off the fact the fans in Argentina identify more with him than Messi, which is a shame, because Tevez's me-me attitude is one of the reasons the team is in the state it's in.

One of the few things Maradona did right during his tenure was leaving Lavezzi out of the World Cup squad, Batista not only has him in the squad, but has him in the team. It's just pathetic to watch Lavezzi play.

Did anyone really think he was going to put those chances away against Bolivia and Colombia? Not for a second did I think he would score. It's not his fault he is not up to this level. He's childish and is a red card waiting to happen.

And at the back it's just comedy to watch Burdisso and Milito and guess which one of them will fuck up first. How we have not lost a game yet is down to pure luck and Sergio Romero.

The only chance Argentina have now is that because the first two games were just so fucking awful, that Batista almost has no choice now but to make some drastic changes.

If he insists on playing 4-3-3 with the middle 3 all being holding midfielders and one of the front 3 being Lavezzi then there is no point carrying on in this tournament.

This has to be the biggest misuse of talent for a long time. Argentina are poor at the back, but there is no reason why the team should be outnumbered everywhere and anywhere on the pitch.

And when he put Higuain on he played him on the wing. :lol:

Arkulari
07-07-2011, 08:07 PM
is Mussaccio back from injury? I think he and DeMichelis would have been a much better CB pair than Burdisso/Milito who are a disaster on the waiting.

jayjay
07-07-2011, 08:10 PM
DeMichelis

He can fuck right off.

It would be much better if we had Silvi Luna or Pamela David's tits playing at the back, at least they would be attractive to look at.

Arkulari
07-07-2011, 08:10 PM
You might not like Martin, but he's better than Milito IMO

jayjay
07-07-2011, 08:26 PM
You might not like Martin, but he's better than Milito IMO

It's one shit defender for another, but you're right, he is slightly better.

Arkulari
07-07-2011, 08:28 PM
how about Zanetti and Mussaccio as CB pair? call Otamendi for RB?

jayjay
07-07-2011, 08:46 PM
how about Zanetti and Mussaccio as CB pair? call Otamendi for RB?

Zanetti as a CB, is that a joke?

Otamendi should be in the squad, at least. No idea what the deal is there, maybe he is being punished still from the Germany game since most people seem to think he is the reason we lost - which is bullshit.

Mussaccio played in a couple of those pointless C/D team friendlies but he was never seriously considered for the squad, in the future yes, but not now.

The fact is we're just not a good team and the sooner the Copa America is over the better. We either play no attackers in attacking areas or play all of them all over the place.

It's a shame football has to be so overcomplicated for some people (like Batista, in this case). Does he not see what everyone else sees? It's not like there are minor deficiencies in the team, they are GLARING.

..............................................ROME RO...........................................
................ZABALETA..........GARAY..........P AREJA..........ZANETTI..........
...........................BANEGA/CAMBIASSO.........MASCHERANO.....................
...............................................PAS TORE...........................................
....................MESSI..................HIGUAIN ..............DI MARIA...................

Is the team I would like to see from now on. Garay and Pareja are shit, but they can't be anymore shit than Burdisso/Milito have been. As long as they don't try and set up the opposition, then they would already be an improvement.

Aguero can come on for Di Maria when he has got tired of diving. Tevez can sit on the bench and stay there and Diego Milito can come on if Higuain in ineffective.

Of course, none of this will happen. Pastore won't play, we won't have a number nine and Tevez will play the whole tournament.

Arkulari
07-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Hey, Zanetti is not worse than Milito :lol: :spit: :p

Garay is a much better CB than the two playing so yes, if it wasn't for Romero, Argentina would have lost both matches :o

jayjay
07-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Argentina are still favourites to win the Copa America - which has to be one of the worst bets of the year. Although reports that Pastore, Higuain and Di Maria might start against Costa Rica are promising. We could sneak another draw!!!

It's been confirmed that Burdisso and Messi had a fight (verbal not physical) after the game, but that apparently everything is sorted out now. I hope Messi told Burdisso just how shit he is.

Arkulari
07-08-2011, 12:46 AM
Costa Rica is winning against Bolivia :spit:

abraxas21
07-08-2011, 12:54 AM
Costa Rica is winning against Bolivia :spit:

extraña copa

Arkulari
07-08-2011, 12:55 AM
Bolivia is now playing with 9 after two red cards, Colombia must be rubbing their hands :lol:

abraxas21
07-08-2011, 12:57 AM
2-0 now

these caribbeans are making south america look bad. they should just stick to cricket and baseball -or whatever it is that they play over there...

rocketassist
07-08-2011, 12:58 AM
Ricardo Lavolpe might knock his own nation out in the last game.

Bolivia's two red cards were hilarious.

jayjay
07-08-2011, 01:00 AM
Hopefully there will be some good odds available on an Argentina win against Costa Rica, they have been a class apart from us in this tournament so far.

Arkulari
07-08-2011, 01:08 AM
If Costa Rica draws against Argentina and Bolivia beats Colombia (unlikely) then Argentina will finish 4th in the group :eek: :eek:

rocketassist
07-08-2011, 01:12 AM
Why are ESPN using a crappy rock version of 'Hall of the Mountain King' as their Copa America theme song?

GustavoM_Fan
07-08-2011, 06:30 AM
21:45 Argentina - Costa Rica 1.15 7.37 15.00
:lol: Costa Rica is mostly a u-23 team but I suppose the odds should increase a little for Argentina

Colombia and Bolivia play on sunday

Deivid23
07-08-2011, 08:01 AM
The way Costa Rica´s 3-men backline sits and the way they pass the ball between themselves, I can easily see Argentina scoring a couple of easy goals off turnovers in 3/4 of the field, they look the perfect match-up for this clueless Batista´s side :lol:

Elena.
07-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Next match Chile-Uruguay ,result 1-1

Thus spoke the informer .

Jelena
07-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Muslera, Mono, Lugano, Coates, Cáceres, Arévalo, Pérez, Palito, Cavani, Suárez y Forlán, starting lineup of Uruguay.

Blue Heart24
07-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Uruguay sucks.Terrible defending.Chile is way better,moves better and is controling the game.Uruguay showed nothing except that Suarez chance,he should have scored,he never missed chances like that in Ajax.

Blue Heart24
07-09-2011, 12:34 AM
Lucky for Uruguay,Chile made an even bigger mess in their box,Uruguay up 1-0!

Luinir
07-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Alexis Sanchez ties, 1-1.

Blue Heart24
07-09-2011, 01:13 AM
Chile outplayed them,Uruguay can be very happy with the draw,but they wont go far surely if they continue to play like that.

Pirata.
07-09-2011, 01:20 AM
Dear god, all these draws :o

selyoink
07-09-2011, 01:22 AM
Dear god, all these draws :o

Yes, too many draws so far. Not a great quality of play in most of the matches.

Black Adam
07-09-2011, 01:35 AM
Too many binary scores!

abraxas21
07-09-2011, 04:27 AM
what's wrong with draws and few goals?

abraxas21
07-09-2011, 04:28 AM
Next match Chile-Uruguay ,result 1-1

Thus spoke the informer .

:worship:

this informer is good

jayjay
07-09-2011, 05:58 AM
http://www.ole.com.ar/fuera-de-juego/Meia-Hora-hicieron-pasaporte-Messi_OLEIMA20110708_0099_3.jpg

ChinoRios4Ever
07-09-2011, 07:04 AM
Valdivia at 100% :hearts: what a player!!!!

Elena.
07-09-2011, 01:27 PM
:worship:

this informer is good

He is amazing ,he has a vision of football that nobody else has(that i know of ).
BTW Argentina should win against Costa Rica and qualify .

Pirata.
07-09-2011, 01:47 PM
http://www.ole.com.ar/fuera-de-juego/Meia-Hora-hicieron-pasaporte-Messi_OLEIMA20110708_0099_3.jpg

:haha:

Should've photoshopped him into a Spain shirt instead

Elena.
07-09-2011, 02:05 PM
In details Argentina- Costa Rica ,result 3-1 .

Thus the informer ...... you know !

shotgun
07-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Messi looks good in the verde-amarela, Jay. :D

jayjay
07-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Messi looks good in the verde-amarela, Jay. :D

The last time he played in Brazil he got a standing ovation, if you recall, after the 0-0 WCQ. It would serve all those who have been criticising him in Argentina right if he did change nationality.

By the end of this tournament they'll all be praising him, which just goes to show once again, not that anyone would need anymore evidence, of just how fickle people and football can be.

Action Jackson
07-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Paraguay team arriving at the stadium. They are so tough that they didn't need a bus, they rode in on pumas.

Paraguayans are so tough, Chuck Norris was denied of a Paraguayan passport for being a wimp.

Paraguayans don't eat honey. They chew bees. That's after they head their honeycomb into the top left corner!

abraxas21
07-09-2011, 09:34 PM
never forget

The War of the Triple Alliance was a military conflict in South America fought from 1864 to 1870 between Paraguay and the Triple Alliance of Argentina, Brazil, and Uruguay. It caused more deaths than any other war in modern South American military history, and particularly devastated Paraguay, killing most of its male population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Triple_Alliance#Mortality

selyoink
07-10-2011, 01:58 AM
Brazil still suck, though Paraguay are a very solid side. At least Jadson finally got a chance.

And Ecuador have really fallen a lot since 2006. Good to see Venezuela continue to make strides. I'd like the see them qualify for the 2014 World Cup.

jayjay
07-10-2011, 03:59 AM
A Paraguay win/draw with Venezuela and Ecuador win over Brazil will send Brazil home early. The first part of the equation is entirely likely and the second part is not at all unlikely (although not the way Ecuador played today).

selyoink
07-10-2011, 04:24 AM
A Paraguay win/draw with Venezuela and Ecuador win over Brazil will send Brazil home early. The first part of the equation is entirely likely and the second part is not at all unlikely (although not the way Ecuador played today).

It would be unbelievable if Brazil went out in a group stage where two of the three third placed teams advance. With the way Ecuador have played Brazil should see them off with relative ease.

I think Menezes has made a huge mistake in caving to the media and making Neymar and Ganso focal points of the team already. Neither looks remotely ready at the moment which is no surprise given their age and lack of European experience. That said it isn't exactly a golden age for Brazil in terms of their attacking players.

jayjay
07-10-2011, 04:30 AM
It would be unbelievable if Brazil went out in a group stage where two of the three third placed teams advance. With the way Ecuador have played Brazil should see them off with relative ease.

I think Menezes has made a huge mistake in caving to the media and making Neymar and Ganso focal points of the team already. Neither looks remotely ready at the moment which is no surprise given their age and lack of European experience. That said it isn't exactly a golden age for Brazil in terms of their attacking players.

I don't agree about Ganso/Neymar, they are young and still have alot to learn, but that development starts now on the international stage. Whether they end up going out in the group stage or not, I fully expect Brazil to be 100% ready come the World Cup - which is what they have to be building towards.

I can only see a hungry Spain or a revamped Argentina stopping Brazil on their home patch in 2014. You have to wonder how long Spain can keep this dominance up for and with regards to Argentina - we have the players to win the World Cup, but we should concentrate more on whether we'll actually qualify for it with the way we have been playing on and off for the past 2-3 years!

Arkulari
07-11-2011, 01:45 AM
Colombia is the best team tactically wise in this tournament, very organized and they pressure very well in all the lines, Falcao finally got his goal starting at the tournament, Armero was AWESOME, he defended well, attacked well, caused a penalty...

They might not have one bright star like Messi or Sánchez but are a cohesive team and that's very important in those short tournaments.

selyoink
07-11-2011, 02:42 AM
I don't agree about Ganso/Neymar, they are young and still have alot to learn, but that development starts now on the international stage. Whether they end up going out in the group stage or not, I fully expect Brazil to be 100% ready come the World Cup - which is what they have to be building towards.

I can only see a hungry Spain or a revamped Argentina stopping Brazil on their home patch in 2014. You have to wonder how long Spain can keep this dominance up for and with regards to Argentina - we have the players to win the World Cup, but we should concentrate more on whether we'll actually qualify for it with the way we have been playing on and off for the past 2-3 years!

The Germans will be the main threat in 2014 in my opinion. I think Spain will be a lesser threat as Xavi and few others (most importantly Puyol) will have declined as players in all likelihood. I don't think Fabregas will ever be close to Xavi's level. Meanwhile the Germans are loaded with young players who should still improve a lot in the coming years (Gotze, Hummels, Kroos, etc.)

I'm not saying Ganso and Neymar shouldn't be on the team but they should not be the focal points. They aren't ready yet. But as I also said Brazil is not in the midst of a golden age in terms of its attacking players. Ronaldinho looks to not care anymore and it remains to be seen if Kaka can ever get back to where he is.

Arkulari
07-11-2011, 05:51 AM
The Germans will be the main threat in 2014 in my opinion. I think Spain will be a lesser threat as Xavi and few others (most importantly Puyol) will have declined as players in all likelihood. I don't think Fabregas will ever be close to Xavi's level. Meanwhile the Germans are loaded with young players who should still improve a lot in the coming years (Gotze, Hummels, Kroos, etc.)

I'm not saying Ganso and Neymar shouldn't be on the team but they should not be the focal points. They aren't ready yet. But as I also said Brazil is not in the midst of a golden age in terms of its attacking players. Ronaldinho looks to not care anymore and it remains to be seen if Kaka can ever get back to where he is.

There are up and comers like Thiago and Herrera whom along with Cesc can make a good pair with Iniesta (of course neither of them is yet on Xavi's level and probably won't ever be), I'm more worried about finding replacements for Villa and Capdevila (specially this last one)

Ilovetheblues_86
07-11-2011, 06:16 AM
never forget

It was Paraguay own fault, bad diplomacy when trying to defend their expansionism led them to war.

Deivid23
07-11-2011, 06:23 AM
They might not have one bright star like Messi or Sánchez but are a cohesive team and that's very important in those short tournaments.

Falcao and Guarín are big fat bright stars, fyi

BlackSilver
07-11-2011, 06:27 AM
Ganso has to be the focal point. Especially because there isn't anyone else up to the task. I also think he is fairly ready for the job, especially after a couple of good moments against Paraguay.
Neymar needs for refinement, but like was said, there isn't many options for the attack. The Lucas that entered in the second half is even more "green" than him. Maybe if Nilmar were called.

Deivid23
07-11-2011, 06:31 AM

You could be right there but not for the reasons you mention. I like Gotze a lot for instance but if I were German I´d be very much more interested in seeing how the kids in u17 NT are going to develop. They have some future monsters of the game there. Emre Can is going to be huge, Samed Yesil will be Germany´s 9 soon enough and for a long time, he will be a great striker, Aycicek could be as good as Mario Gotze in a near future, Weiser could become a better version of Lahm, they have huge talent there, 2014 might be too soon, but I´m pretty convinced a few of them will be in Brazil WC playing important roles.

At the moment, Ganso and Neymar should be Brazil´s main men in WC 2014, so I think their approach is the best. Ganso is ready to carry the team, but he needs match fitness, he´s been injured sth like 8-9 months out of the last 12.

Arkulari
07-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Falcao and Guarín are big fat bright stars, fyi

They are not Messi FFS, not to that level. Of course the team benefits from their experience but they have been applying themselves in the tactics Bolillo has laid out for Colombia, Falcao doesn't play in the same position he plays at Porto for example.

No one gave them a shot to win their group but there they are because of tactical discipline, you can't say they have better players than Argentina in general but with the right tactics and a good group they made it that far.

James isn't playing for them because he's the U-20 captain.

Nilmar and Hulk should have been called in Brazil, they had good seasons with their teams

Deivid23
07-11-2011, 06:34 AM
Ganso has to be the focal point. Especially because there isn't anyone else up to the task. I also think he is fairly ready for the job, especially after a couple of good moments against Paraguay.
Neymar needs for refinement, but like was said, there isn´t many options for the attack. The Lucas that entered in the second half is even more "green" than him. Maybe if Nilmar were called.

Ganso has to be the focal point simply bc he´s too good of a player. As I said above, he just need matches to gain form after his injuries. Lucas is also very young, but he will have a place in Brazil squad for WC and could become a very good player as you know. I think Nilmar should be in the team as well, yes.

Deivid23
07-11-2011, 06:39 AM
Falcao doesn't play in the same position he plays at Porto for example.

What does he play, centreback or what? Problem is that Colombia doesn´t have the offensive approach Porto had, starting from the backline, so he doesn´t have the same service and has to get deeper to receive the ball, but he plays as a target man as he has always done, that´s what he does best and that´s where he´s a beast.

Arkulari
07-11-2011, 06:41 AM
What does he play, centreback or what? Problem is that Colombia doesn´t have the offensive approach Porto had, starting from the backline, so he doesn´t have the same service and has to get deeper to receive the ball, but he plays as a target man as he has always done, that´s what he does best and that´s where he´s a beast.

In Porto he is a pure "9", waiting for the ball to come, in Colombia he has to start from the midfield at times and even helping defend in others, more sacrifice tactically speaking, more energy spent.

Deivid23
07-11-2011, 06:43 AM
In Porto he is a pure "9", waiting for the ball to come, in Colombia he has to start from the midfield at times and even helping defend in others, more sacrifice tactically speaking.

In Colombia he´s a pure 9 as well, as he has always been, not his fault Colombia´s backline sits like 30 m behind Porto´s.

Arkulari
07-11-2011, 06:48 AM
In Colombia he´s a pure 9 as well, as he has always been, not his fault Colombia´s backline sits like 30 m behind Porto´s.

It has worked for Colombia, so I can't blame them :shrug:
They might not score tons of goals but scoring against them has become very hard.

Deivid23
07-11-2011, 06:56 AM
It has worked for Colombia, so I can't blame them :shrug:
They might not score tons of goals but scoring against them has become very hard.

I´m not saying it´s a bad option at all, in fact it´s probably the only one you can field when you have a player like Yepes who must be close to his fifties and obviously would struggle playing at a high backline.

Arkulari
07-11-2011, 07:00 AM
I´m not saying it´s a bad option at all, in fact it´s probably the only one you can field when you have a player like Yepes who must be close to his fifties and obviously would struggle playing at a high backline.

Just be thankful they didn't call Córdoba as well :lol:

alfonsojose
07-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Colombia :yeah:

Arkulari
07-11-2011, 06:17 PM
http://www.sport.es/resources/jpg/9/6/1310392951469.jpg

:haha: the Brazilian press :spit:

Arkulari
07-11-2011, 08:48 PM
I can't wait for the U-20 WC to start, I'll go to Manizales to cheer on Spain for the first matches and got tickets for the final in Bogotá :D (had to buy them like 4 months ago though, they are sold out since the beginning of June)

selyoink
07-12-2011, 12:52 AM
You could be right there but not for the reasons you mention. I like Gotze a lot for instance but if I were German I´d be very much more interested in seeing how the kids in u17 NT are going to develop. They have some future monsters of the game there. Emre Can is going to be huge, Samed Yesil will be Germany´s 9 soon enough and for a long time, he will be a great striker, Aycicek could be as good as Mario Gotze in a near future, Weiser could become a better version of Lahm, they have huge talent there, 2014 might be too soon, but I´m pretty convinced a few of them will be in Brazil WC playing important roles.

I'd be surprised if any of the u-17 kids are on the 2014 World Cup team. The earliest any of them are likely to break into the team would be 2014 itself and with all the young Germans in their early 20s now it would be hard for a u-17 player to get in unless they really blow up at club level like Gotze did this year. I think 2014 will be too early for all of them with maybe one or two exceptions.

If Costa Rica wins tonight what needs to be done to Argentina besides finding competent centerbacks of course?

Caralimon
07-12-2011, 12:56 AM
never forget

Bolivia hasn't done so well since the Pacific War either.

Deivid23
07-12-2011, 01:39 AM
I'd be surprised if any of the u-17 kids are on the 2014 World Cup team.

Then get ready to be very surprised in three years´ time

Arkulari
07-12-2011, 01:51 AM
And Pastore is still in the bench :stupid: thankfully for the Argies Cambiasso, Tevez and specially Lavezzi are not in the starting XI this time

Dini
07-12-2011, 01:59 AM
What an exaggerated dive Messi :lol:

Sauletekis
07-12-2011, 02:03 AM
It's SOOO unfair that CR and Mexico have to play with under-23 their team.

abraxas21
07-12-2011, 02:07 AM
argentina is playing like argentina tonight

abraxas21
07-12-2011, 02:15 AM
this referee needs to stop favouring the argies

Sauletekis
07-12-2011, 02:16 AM

Do you believe in miracles?

abraxas21
07-12-2011, 02:19 AM
btw, lavolpe is the coolest coach ever

http://espndeportes-att.espn.go.com/2003/photos2006/0617/a_lavolpe_fumando_vt.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_yZ9M6YiY5Mo/S88p0oKXBBI/AAAAAAAAAms/egcOhEGAhe0/S1600-R/lavolpe.jpg

Arkulari
07-12-2011, 02:21 AM

They are playing the Copa America in ARGENTINA, do you think he will stop? :lol:

If Argentina doesn't score in the "normal" way, the referee will make something up: a penalty, a red card, something.

abraxas21
07-12-2011, 02:22 AM
Do you believe in miracles?

nah, the argies are gonna score. it's only a matter of time the way they're playing

Sauletekis
07-12-2011, 02:23 AM
C. Rica is holding up very nice so far, but as soon as they conceed the first goal it will be demolition job, unfortunally.

Sauletekis
07-12-2011, 02:25 AM
I don't know how can Gabi Milito can stil play football in profissional level, let alone in Argentina national team, and Barcelona.

abraxas21
07-12-2011, 02:27 AM
C. Rica is holding up very nice so far, but as soon as they conceed the first goal it will be demolition job, unfortunally.

only reason they're not down in the score already is some errors by the attackers and sheer luck for costa rica, tbh.

Arkulari
I don't know how can Gabi Milito can stil play football in profissional level, let alone in Argentina national team, and Barcelona.

He would do well in the Venezuelan second division I think...

abraxas21
:lol: higuain

Dini
07-12-2011, 02:29 AM
How many chances has he missed? 3? 4? More?

Arkulari
07-12-2011, 02:30 AM
Remember the ketchup bottle, Pipita... :lol:

abraxas21
07-12-2011, 02:30 AM
fuck...

expected anyhow

Arkulari
07-12-2011, 02:31 AM
And Aguero scores...

EnriqueIG8
07-12-2011, 02:33 AM
BOOM! Finally Kun scores.

1-0, well deserved

Pirata.
07-12-2011, 02:34 AM
Kun scores. Expected.

Perez jizzing his pants somewhere in Spain.

Aguero goal crashed twitter :o

Sauletekis
07-12-2011, 02:45 AM
He would do well in the Venezuelan second division I think...

Yes, I believe so. But I was talking about professional football :p

Sauletekis
07-12-2011, 02:47 AM
Remember the ketchup bottle, Pipita... :lol:

The "Ketchup Bottle" thing it's a Cristiano Ronaldo brand! No one can do it like him!:D

Pirata.
07-12-2011, 02:57 AM
:o

The "Ketchup Bottle" thing it's a Cristiano Ronaldo brand! No one can do it like him!:D

Ruud told it to Pipita first, Ronaldo just jacked it during the World Cup.
http://roc8.wordpress.com/2010/03/05/real-madrids-gonzalo-higuain-ruud-van-nistelrooy-told-me-goals-are-like-ketchup/

Action Jackson
07-12-2011, 02:59 AM
Brilliant dive by di Maria. Good ball by Messi for Aguero's second goal.

EnriqueIG8
07-12-2011, 02:59 AM
2-0, Kun scores again.

Nice gesture from Kun towards Messi :worship:

Arkulari
07-12-2011, 03:00 AM
Yes, I believe so. But I was talking about professional football :p

http://i.imgur.com/OCwYV.gif

abraxas21
07-12-2011, 03:02 AM
Brilliant dive by di Maria. Good ball by Messi for Aguero's second goal.

di maría should have gotten a yellow card for that one

Action Jackson
07-12-2011, 03:03 AM
di maría should have gotten a yellow card for that one

Some of my Argentine friends want him off the field, though not in this way.

Arkulari
07-12-2011, 03:05 AM
Di Maria missed his true calling

http://img.terra.com.mx/galeria_de_fotos/images/268/535174.jpg

abraxas21
07-12-2011, 03:06 AM
this really isn't higuain's night :lol:

Action Jackson
07-12-2011, 03:08 AM
That was such a blatant foul on Higuain hehe

abraxas21
07-12-2011, 03:09 AM
i donl't like argentina but messi is so talented - it's ridiculous

give messi to us and we'd win the world cup

Action Jackson
07-12-2011, 03:09 AM
Messi sets another up for di Maria, but of course it will be said it's the Costa Rica youth team.

Dini
07-12-2011, 03:10 AM
Messi on fire tonight, really quite a sight.

Arkulari
07-12-2011, 03:10 AM
What a pass, Messi KNEW DiMaria was coming, it was ridiculous :eek:

Of course Costa Rica doesn't pressure shit in the midfield but still it is all about Lio in here.

Action Jackson
07-12-2011, 03:24 AM
Deafening cheers for Pastore.

abraxas21
07-12-2011, 03:28 AM
i can imagine Nalbandian eating cheese burgers and drinking beer while watching this

Arkulari
07-12-2011, 03:28 AM
Deafening cheers for Pastore.

He came out of Talleres de Córdoba and is a hometown boy ;)

abraxas21
07-12-2011, 03:29 AM
argentina is playing like spain now... boring

Action Jackson
07-12-2011, 03:30 AM
i can imagine Nalbandian eating cheese burgers and drinking beer while watching this

He will be eating steak and empanadas.

Lavezzi warming up and the crowd jeer.

Pirata.
07-12-2011, 03:30 AM

:haha:

What a clown this Batista is, celebrating like that when if he'd used this lineup before, he probably would've had better results.

Action Jackson
07-12-2011, 03:33 AM
Not even Messi can help Lavezzi.

Arkulari
07-12-2011, 03:33 AM
argentina is playing like spain now... boring

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/039/080/original/5008_9c00_420.gif?1265669754

:p

Dear God why Lavezzi and not Diego Milito? :stupid: