What you need to know about the Entitlement Generation [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What you need to know about the Entitlement Generation

samjones
07-01-2011, 06:47 PM
* You're not talking to a person, you're talking to a Facebook page. The individual is only the sum total of what's written by him and all his/her friends in short, misspelled, abbreviated sentence fragments.

* They don't think that information has a source or that sources come in various levels of quality. If it's written on the Internet they steadfastly conclude it is inerrant and inviolable. The proof is the link. To doubt the value of the information by questioning the source is, they conclude, an egregious and unforgivable act. It does not matter if the fact was reported by the NY Times or the Weekly World News - it's written in plain English on the Internet so it must be true.

* They don't learn to use tools to have skills. If something requires thought and effort they assume that there must be an app for it. Their tools are collecting friends on Facebook and buying cool $1.99 a click.

* The problems that they're facing were imposed on them by Investment Bankers and they fully expect their parents to solve all these problems before they retire. They're parents will continue to support them until they're well into their 30s

Har-Tru
07-01-2011, 07:00 PM
* You're not talking to a person, you're talking to a Facebook page. The individual is only the sum total of what's written by him and all his/her friends in short, misspelled, abbreviated sentence fragments.

* They don't think that information has a source or that sources come in various levels of quality. If it's written on the Internet they steadfastly conclude it is inerrant and inviolable. The proof is the link. To doubt the value of the information by questioning the source is, they conclude, an egregious and unforgivable act. It does not matter if the fact was reported by the NY Times or the Weekly World News - it's written in plain English on the Internet so it must be true.

* They don't learn to use tools to have skills. If something requires thought and effort they assume that there must be an app for it. Their tools are collecting friends on Facebook and buying cool $1.99 a click.

* The problems that they're facing were imposed on them by Investment Bankers and they fully expect their parents to solve all these problems before they retire. They're parents will continue to support them until they're well into their 30s

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll8wdvtcje1qck2i4.gif

samjones
07-01-2011, 07:31 PM
That's another thing about the Entitlement Generation:

* If their Internet dictionary in any way supports their use of a word they assume that they have used it correctly and nobody dare question them or else they'll send you "a link". We'll have to suffer under this until such time as exists a Little, Brown Website.

Seingeist
07-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Which generation thinks that American football is a more popular and worthy international sport than soccer (a.k.a. football)?

fast_clay
07-02-2011, 06:26 PM
fair call samjones

but seingeist has a point... you have to drop the yanky doodle dandy shit...

Johnny Groove
07-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Don't loop every 20something year old of this generation as all the same.

OP, when you were 20, I'm sure 40something were saying the same shit about you.

Maybe in 20 years I'll be saying the same about the 20somethings. Funny how things come full circle.

KarlyM
07-02-2011, 09:56 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/1t901c.jpg

buddyholly
07-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Which generation thinks that American football is a more popular and worthy international sport than soccer (a.k.a. football)?

Worthy or not, I don't know. But it is by no means an international sport.

samjones
07-03-2011, 02:35 AM
Don't loop every 20something year old of this generation as all the same.

OP, when you were 20, I'm sure 40something were saying the same shit about you.

No - not really. They knew we were coming up in tougher times. We were raised with the notion that we would not do as well as our parents had. I think they admired our grit and tenacity and were pretty impressed and how useful this computer thingy that we put on their desk could be from time to time.

Which isn't to say that this Entitlement Generation has had it easy. I'm just amazed at how convinced they were that life should and would be easy. Almost like they were told that all along.

We weren't told that. Certainly I wasn't.

samjones
07-03-2011, 02:40 AM
Worthy or not, I don't know. But it is by no means an international sport.

It is by some means an international sport in that it is played in different countries by people from all over North America.

People underestimate the popularity of football in Canada. I don't think that any sport anywhere in the world is as popular as hockey is in Canada, but putting that aside football is extremely popular there. On par with any other major professional sport in the US.

I think that you're right that football will never be really big in Europe. They just don't produce athletes with the same combination of strength and speed and mental toughness that we do here. Plus I'd never trust a European quarterback because the position just requires too much mental agility and grace under pressure for the Europeans. They're all about see the ball/kick the ball.

fast_clay
07-03-2011, 02:56 AM
at least ice hockey is an internationally respected sport... them canadians know a good game when they see one...

Joolz
07-03-2011, 03:01 AM
I think that you're right that football will never be really big in Europe. They just don't produce athletes with the same combination of strength and speed and mental toughness that we do here. Plus I'd never trust a European quarterback because the position just requires too much mental agility and grace under pressure for the Europeans. They're all about see the ball/kick the ball.

Still on your little crusade, I see... :rolleyes:

Arkulari
07-03-2011, 03:39 AM
It is by some means an international sport in that it is played in different countries by people from all over North America.

People underestimate the popularity of football in Canada. I don't think that any sport anywhere in the world is as popular as hockey is in Canada, but putting that aside football is extremely popular there. On par with any other major professional sport in the US.

What the...? Rugby is far tougher than American football, no big helmets and shoulder pads and shit like that, I mean if you're gonna tackle each other to death do it like a man and don't hide behind protection :shrug:

Mental toughness? have you seen Spain's athletes as a norm? starting with our tennis players? :lol:

Typical American-I'm-The-Center-Of-The-World mentality, anything that you don't do well or isn't popular in your country is not worth watching :o

And why do you think NFL failed in Europe? American football is as non-international as it can get.

fast_clay
07-03-2011, 03:50 AM
when gridion is accepted into the summer olympics then the world will understand...

i am sure that my lifetime will not see this happen...

but samjones can troll hard... really good one... could well be the defining 'yank prick' we all need in each of our lives...

Orka_n
07-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Samjones needs to decide whether he wants to troll his ass off or if he actually wants to get a point across (e.g. this thread).

samjones
07-03-2011, 01:47 PM
at least ice hockey is an internationally respected sport... them canadians know a good game when they see one...

As a sport, Hockey is really more a US thing than anything else. The vast majority of league play, both at the professional and amateur level happens in the US. No doubt there are good European players. They think that they've "arrived" when they earn the privilege to come here to play in our college and pro leagues. Making it to the NHL in their ultimate goal and the NHL is largely a US league.

Props to Canada on being man-for-man just as good as the US and double-props to them for truly loving their sport.

jayjay
07-03-2011, 02:26 PM
What the...? Rugby is far tougher than American football, no big helmets and shoulder pads and shit like that, I mean if you're gonna tackle each other to death do it like a man and don't hide behind protection :shrug:

You do realise that if this "protection" was not worn, there would be countless deaths on NFL fields? I very much doubt you appreciate that a good portion of NFL players are 270-300 lbs and run faster than the wind?

Try being gang tackled by Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs without a helmet or any padding, and see if you live to tell the tale.

samjones
07-03-2011, 03:43 PM
You do realise that if this "protection" was not worn, there would be countless deaths on NFL fields? I very much doubt you appreciate that a good portion of NFL players are 270-300 lbs and run faster than the wind?

Try being gang tackled by Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs without a helmet or any padding, and see if you live to tell the tale.

They don't get it. They simply don't understand the strength, quickness and size of these men. They should Google NFL Combine and then do whatever metric conversions they have to do and then maybe they'll start to understand that their favorite Rugby player simply would not stand a chance on the gridiron.

Plus - I played football for years. I don't recall my coach ever telling me to take it easy on my shoulder pads because they're there to protect me. He told me that they put those things on us so that we would hit people with them. And we were supposed to him them hard - so hard that they didn't get back up.

samjones
07-03-2011, 03:59 PM
when gridion is accepted into the summer olympics then the world will understand...

The summer olympics does not define what sports are and are not international sports. Baseball... cricket... rugby.... none are olympic sports.

Gridiron will never be an olympic sport nor will it ever be played in a "National Team" style of international play because the game is too complex and there is too much at stake every Sunday for that type of contest to happen.

Yeah - there are "all-star" type games at both the collegiate and pro levels, but they're definitely considered only exhibition matches with no consequences, no sophisticated game plan and the players do not play with intensity. It's axiomatic that nobody should get hurt playing in the Hula Bowl or the Shine Bowl and so you don't get the same high emotions that you get during the season. Nobody knows who won the Shrine Bowl or the Hula Bowl. Nobody cares. Being chosen for the team is "winning".

Soccer - yeah you can put 22 guys who don't know each other on a field and let them kick a ball around for awhile and at the end declare one country the greatest. That will work.

ibreak4coffee
07-03-2011, 04:02 PM
You should be nice to the entitlement generation - they are going to be responsible for financing your retirement and that of the real entitlement generation - the narcissistic baby boomers. And after all that will be left to fend for themselves.

samjones
07-03-2011, 04:10 PM
You should be nice to the entitlement generation - they are going to be responsible for financing your retirement and that of the real entitlement generation - the narcissistic baby boomers. And after all that will be left to fend for themselves.

I doubt it. More likely we'll pay for the baby boomers and ourselves and for the Entitlement Generation and their kids as well. We owe the Entitlement Generation that much, don't you think?

Gen X is gearing up for combo retirement party/funeral specials. Some kid will strap that gold watch on to the corpse and thank him for his 60 years of fine service. His great-grandchildren will be the real victims because there won't be anyone around to pay for their college.

Arkulari
07-03-2011, 08:02 PM

yeah, rugby players are small guys who don't run very fast, I mean being tackled by a guy who's 145kg is nothing... :rolleyes:

http://www.premiershiprugby.com/premiership/stats/heaviest_players.php

samjones
07-03-2011, 08:51 PM
yeah, rugby players are small guys who don't run very fast, I mean being tackled by a guy who's 145kg is nothing... :rolleyes:

That's not too big for an NFL offensive lineman. You might be most familiar with Michael Oher who is about that size, but a quick look at the combine statistics reveals Raiders Guard Bruce Campbell (http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/Bruce-Campbell?id=496994), who is heavier than your "largest" rugby player, but is alot taller and more muscular and runs the 40 yard in an *UNBELIEVABLE* 4.84.

Yes - 6'6, 320, runs the 40 in 4.84!

Fucking hell! Plus, go ahead and take a look at pictures of of both of them and you tell me which you thinks look like the badder mofo. Me - I'm thinking Campbell.

My personal fave, Ndamukong Suh - 6'4, 307 - he's a fucking monster. I'd rather be tackled by a whole Rugby team than by Suh.

I was watching Rugby in the sports store today. All arm tackling. My high school coach would have kicked my ass for tackling someone like that. PUT A PAD ON HIM! That's what he would have said. And by that he would have meant that he would have wanted me to hit him as hard as possible with my shoulder pad to inflict damage and make him hurt. "Next time he'll hear footsteps" is how the theory goes.

I didn't see alot of that in Rugby. Just a bunch of bullshit open-field running with nobody really bothering to pursue.

Arkulari
07-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Lots of rugby tackles are like wrestling thus they are quite painful

OcF_PryJFug

6lSsUKe8ihI

No shoulder pats, no helmets.

I've attended lots of Top 14 matches in Biarritz which is somewhat close to home and damn, some of those movements are quite painful, guys end up with broken ribs, broken noses, concussions, etc.

And for the record, if American football is so great why is it only popular in North America? football is the most popular game in the world because it is much more entertaining.

samjones
07-03-2011, 10:12 PM
And for the record, if American football is so great why is it only popular in North America? football is the most popular game in the world because it is much more entertaining.

There is no annual event that matches the Super Bowl. Nothing. It is the yardstick by which other events are measured.

All 10 playoff games leading up to the Super Bowl are also wildly popular as are any meaningful late season games preceding the playoffs.

These are the most watched TV shows in the US. Nothing matches the sponsorship dollars or appointment viewing nature of the Super Bowl. Nothing from a yearly league any way.

I liked your "greatest hits in the history of Rugby" clips. You can see how Rugby evolved into gridiron. Once players started playing with true intensity the need for the rules of modern day football emerged. Every other hit in the NFL and college football is like your "greatest history of Rugby" hits.

Arkulari
07-03-2011, 10:22 PM
There is no annual event that matches the Super Bowl. Nothing. It is the yardstick by which other events are measured.

All 10 playoff games leading up to the Super Bowl are also wildly popular as are any meaningful late season games preceding the playoffs.

These are the most watched TV shows in the US. Nothing matches the sponsorship dollars or appointment viewing nature of the Super Bowl. Nothing from a yearly league any way.

I liked your "greatest hits in the history of Rugby" clips. You can see how Rugby evolved into gridiron. Once players started playing with true intensity the need for the rules of modern day football emerged. Every other hit in the NFL and college football is like your "greatest history of Rugby" hits.

World Cup numbers are equivalent to 64 Super Bowls, the final alone was watched by around 800 million people, 85% of the world's TV households.

The Champions League which is an annual event, this year it had about 300/350 million viewers worldwide.

American football will never reach those numbers, the fact that the Super Bowl has such huge ratings is because most people in USA are watching it and it is a big country but not because it is a popular sport anywhere else.

And those "rugby greatest hits" are really common, they take it like men without huge protection gear.

jayjay
07-03-2011, 10:41 PM

lol

You don't seem to get it, it's not about whether rugby players are tough - of course they are! Have you ever watched an NFL game? Players launch themselves into each other and there are many, many helmet to helmet collisions.

Now, what do you think would be happening to their skulls had they not been wearing helmets to give them some form of protection?

You are not allowed to tackle neck high in Rugby - union or league. In the NFL, it's just a consequence of the brutality of the game that there are lots of hits in, above and around the neck/head area.

Once you understand this, you will appreciate why they wear the protection they wear. Personally, I hate getting involved in discussions with people who are talking about a sport they clearly know nothing about. I shouldn't have entered the debate because of that, and that's why I shall now be leaving it.

Arkulari
07-03-2011, 10:44 PM
I am not crazy about the helmets but I can deal with them (some rugby players wear light ones after all) but not with all those shoulder pats and shit, body collisions are just as bad in both sports but in one they have massive protection and in the other they don't.

Smoke944
07-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Frankly I don't think that you can compare the two. In Rugby guys are tough because they don't wear pads, while in American football guys are tough because they have to endure hits from guys that think that wearing pads and helmets mean you should use your body like a missile :p

Arkulari
07-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Frankly I don't think that you can compare the two. In Rugby guys are tough because they don't wear pads, while in American football guys are tough because they have to endure hits from guys that think that wearing pads and helmets mean you should use your body like a missile :p

:lol: fair enough ;)

jayjay
07-04-2011, 12:34 AM
I am not crazy about the helmets but I can deal with them (some rugby players wear light ones after all) but not with all those shoulder pats and shit, body collisions are just as bad in both sports but in one they have massive protection and in the other they don't.

They aren't the same.

Find out the level of impact when an NFL linebacker hits you at full speed. The information is most likely available online.

And Rugby players, for your information, do wear padding and protective braces - Dan Carter, the world's best player, does for a start.

I don't even know what you're trying to say by saying "I'm not crazy about the helmets"? PLAYERS WOULD DIE IF THEY DIDN'T WEAR THEM. I'm not sure how much more emphatic I can be about it to make you understand.

If you watched a few NFL matches, you would be enlightened on the subject, whether you like the sport or not is irrelevant to me, as I'm not talking about that.

As someone who loves many sports - including NFL and Rugby - I have no time for these debates about which sport is better than another. Just don't say NFL players aren't tough, they are some of, if not the toughest people in sport. To say anything to the contrary is just pure ignorance.

orangehat
07-04-2011, 02:11 AM
We are veering wildly off point here. Steering back to the original topic, I am obviously part of this entitlement generation (born in early 1990s), so I'll offer my take.

It is true that a larger percentage of the younger generation don't really have their priorities straight (facebook/peer approval seems to be the single most important thing to them) A lot of them are also spoilt (can't survive without internet/mobile phone, can't survive a few days in a slightly less developed area)

It is also true that a larger percentage of the younger generation are very materialistic (Capitalism in the world will probably take on a whole new different meaning when my generation reaches the workforce)

So I guess it is true our generation is "entitled". No major wars to speak of (unless of course you are in Iraq/former Yugoslavia/Africa/Chechnya), live in comfort with no fear of hunger/homelessness/basic necessities of life.

But to simply dismiss our generation as being "entitled" and nothing else would be a very sweeping generalisation to make. I believe that our generation, with improved global connectivity means that this generation is one with a lot of global knowledge and perspective. The older generation will, as a whole, generally be lacking in this department. And as anyone who has been abroad can tell you, embracing/immersing in different cultures is a very priceless thing. It makes you a more wholesome individual than if you had not, and yet (this being very crucial), you don't feel you lack it when you don't have it.

I think this means our generation is more likely to create a cohesive global environment in the future, one less fragmented and abrasive than the world we live in today. There will probably be a lot more international cooperation, a more shared vision. For example, I don't believe a situation like the Kyoto Protocol would happen in our generation. Sure, there will still be differences in opinion between countries but I don't think we would have gotten to such a stalemate (and ineffective treaty).

I also think that when push comes to shove, our generation will adapt to the harsh requirements of our world. When food/oil/water is running out, we will have to change. The same goes for any system that cannot be used anymore (be it welfare or whatnot). Reform has to occur and it will.

Maybe I am being naive (this is often said of people my age) but that's what I think. And this will probably always be the huge wedge between the older and the younger generation.

But what I am very confident about is the ability of our generation to take care of itself. That being said, I am not confident of my generation's ability to take care of the older generation :p. Or take care of the next generation, for that matter.

straitup
07-04-2011, 02:14 AM
I love that this turned into an international sport/soccer/US thread despite the original intent :lol: ...thank you Seingeist :worship:

samjones
07-04-2011, 03:06 PM
World Cup numbers are equivalent to 64 Super Bowls
You believe this
the final alone was watched by around 800 million people, 85% of the world's TV households.
You believe this
this year it had about 300/350 million viewers worldwide
You believe this.

Football will never achieve the numbers that you imagine soccer to have achieved - or the numbers that FIFA and the UEFA have the gall to publish. Simple common sense and 10 seconds on http://www.google.com will show that those numbers are false.

Given the soccer world's penchant for lying, I seriously doubt UEFA's claim that the Champions League final viewership exceeded (slightly, but UEFA's claim) the viewership of the Super Bowl. I think they were simply lying to try to take advantage of that hallowed yardstick - the viewership of the Super Bowl. The Pope's blessings are measured in "viewerships of the Super Bowl". Royal Weddings are measured in "viewerships of the Super Bowl". Declarations of War are measured in "viwerships of the Super Bowl".

When Jesus Christ returns we will be told how many people are viewing his first sermon by comparing it to the number of people who view the Super Bowl.

I do believe that the time will come when a UEFA final will surpass Super Bowl viewership - when that day comes the conversation can begin.... I'm going to tell you right now that doesn't automatically mean anything.

samjones
07-04-2011, 03:27 PM
It is also true that a larger percentage of the younger generation are very materialistic (Capitalism in the world will probably take on a whole new different meaning when my generation reaches the workforce)

Nope. I would have considered my own generation to have a more skewed sense of materialism, certainly than our parents, but probably than our children. Capitalism marched on.

Free Market Capitalism *is* "The American Way". Your generation will embrace it and will go to war to fight and die for it. Without it the America that you know does not exist.

But to simply dismiss our generation as being "entitled" and nothing else would be a very sweeping generalisation to make.

Get used to it, because the sweeping generalization will follow you. I write "The Entitlement Generation" everyone knows exactly who I mean.

And as anyone who has been abroad can tell you, embracing/immersing in different cultures is a very priceless thing.

It's only priceless if you earned it. It's just a month long drunk in a with your college buds in a bunch of different bars in Europe if you're parents are footing the bill.

I think this means our generation is more likely to create a cohesive global environment in the future, one less fragmented and abrasive than the world we live in today. There will probably be a lot more international cooperation, a more shared vision. For example, I don't believe a situation like the Kyoto Protocol would happen in our generation. Sure, there will still be differences in opinion between countries but I don't think we would have gotten to such a stalemate (and ineffective treaty).

I also think that when push comes to shove, our generation will adapt to the harsh requirements of our world. When food/oil/water is running out, we will have to change. The same goes for any system that cannot be used anymore (be it welfare or whatnot). Reform has to occur and it will.

Good luck with all that. I'm cheering for you. I'll remain skeptical, if that's okay with you.

Arkulari
07-06-2011, 01:26 AM
You believe this

You believe this

You believe this.

Football will never achieve the numbers that you imagine soccer to have achieved - or the numbers that FIFA and the UEFA have the gall to publish. Simple common sense and 10 seconds on http://www.google.com will show that those numbers are false.

Given the soccer world's penchant for lying, I seriously doubt UEFA's claim that the Champions League final viewership exceeded (slightly, but UEFA's claim) the viewership of the Super Bowl. I think they were simply lying to try to take advantage of that hallowed yardstick - the viewership of the Super Bowl. The Pope's blessings are measured in "viewerships of the Super Bowl". Royal Weddings are measured in "viewerships of the Super Bowl". Declarations of War are measured in "viwerships of the Super Bowl".

When Jesus Christ returns we will be told how many people are viewing his first sermon by comparing it to the number of people who view the Super Bowl.

I do believe that the time will come when a UEFA final will surpass Super Bowl viewership - when that day comes the conversation can begin.... I'm going to tell you right now that doesn't automatically mean anything.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :spit: :spit:

in the US, sure, but I can assure you that most people in Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania and South America don't give a shit about your precious SuperBowl and won't watch it but will surely tune in to watch a WC final or a CL final, hell in India cricket viewership is bigger than the SuperBowl!

That's a typical "ZOMG America is the best and only" kind of thought, as narrow minded as it can get :haha:

I really hope you're trolling otherwise you're just :stupid:

buddyholly
07-06-2011, 01:53 AM

In the sense that a game between nations is an ''International'', American Football does not qualify. Just because some Americans away from home play pick-up games, that does not come close to qualifying as international.

buddyholly
07-06-2011, 01:59 AM

That is hilarious. About every 5 seconds everybody stops for a meeting and someone sends in instructions telling the quarterback what to do. Mental agility my ass.

Imagine the ball coming out of a rugby scrum and play then stops while the side takes a meeting on how it will deal with this.

American football is just a business, like baseball. American baseball and football fans go to the games for a family afternoon eating hotdogs. If the play were fast and uninterrupted like soccer or rugby, they would have no opportunity to get to the fast food stands for some more calories and cholesterol.

buddyholly
07-06-2011, 02:08 AM
Fucking hell! Plus, go ahead and take a look at pictures of of both of them and you tell me which you thinks look like the badder mofo. Me - I'm thinking Campbell.

My personal fave, Ndamukong Suh - 6'4, 307 - he's a fucking monster. I'd rather be tackled by a whole Rugby team than by Suh.

I was watching Rugby in the sports store today. All arm tackling. My high school coach would have kicked my ass for tackling someone like that. PUT A PAD ON HIM! That's what he would have said. And by that he would have meant that he would have wanted me to hit him as hard as possible with my shoulder pad to inflict damage and make him hurt. "Next time he'll hear footsteps" is how the theory goes.

I didn't see alot of that in Rugby. Just a bunch of bullshit open-field running with nobody really bothering to pursue.

I think you just exposed yourself there. You think being big and bad is a sport in itself. Meanwhile rugby is considered a bore and not athletic because of its ''open-field running''. Fact is your American over-size ''monsters'' have to go sit down every few seconds because open field running can only be done by them for a few seconds at a time.

buddyholly
07-06-2011, 02:11 AM

But only in the US.

buddyholly
07-06-2011, 02:15 AM
You believe this

You believe this

You believe this.

I'm sorry I bothered. You are clearly nuts. One hit too many, perhaps.

samjones
07-06-2011, 03:04 PM
In the sense that a game between nations is an ''International'', American Football does not qualify. Just because some Americans away from home play pick-up games, that does not come close to qualifying as international.

WTF? The LFL is an International Gridiron League ... probably the most awesome sports league ever conceived. We don't have a franchise here in New York City yet, but when we get one you can guarantee they'll be my all-time favorite team. I predict that in 10 years the LFL will be the dominant sports league in Europe, the Americas and Most of Asia and it's fanbase will dwarf that of all professional soccer.

Instead of having a "World Cup" every 4 years they will have a championship 4 times a year - in Atlantic City.

reena
07-06-2011, 06:01 PM
I was born in the 90s and yes I have met individuals who fit your descriptions but I have also met many other youths who refute the rather harsh generalizations you laid out (myself included). How many people under 25 do you hang around exactly?

peribsen
07-06-2011, 06:16 PM

Didn't know it was popular in Mexico, but maybe it's just me not having heard about it.

peribsen
07-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Worst thing about youngsters is that they keep getting younger!

Plus they are so ill mannered that they'll insist on calling me sir! Every year it's getting worse, people were not like that in my days!

buddyholly
07-06-2011, 07:14 PM
WTF? The LFL is an International Gridiron League ... probably the most awesome sports league ever conceived. We don't have a franchise here in New York City yet, but when we get one you can guarantee they'll be my all-time favorite team. I predict that in 10 years the LFL will be the dominant sports league in Europe, the Americas and Most of Asia and it's fanbase will dwarf that of all professional soccer.

Instead of having a "World Cup" every 4 years they will have a championship 4 times a year - in Atlantic City.

I agree with you now. The niece of the new mayor of Toronto just got selected on the Toronto Triumph. Being the only non-US team so far, I guess it is still truly an international sport.