How long does it take for you to get ready to get out of the house? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How long does it take for you to get ready to get out of the house?

Filo V.
07-01-2011, 04:37 AM
I know people are going to say "how is this different than other threads you've made", but I've been curious to ask this and I haven't gotten around to it. I want to see how other MTF posters live and their experiences and mentalities, get to understand people better, all that good stuff.

Personally, it takes me at least an hour to get out of the house if I'm going somewhere I need to look presentable. Usually, I'd say it takes 1.5 hours on average, it depends. I need to brush the teeth, shower, wash my hair, pick out the clothes, put them in the drier to take out some of the wrinkles, then steam the clothes, my shoes if they are dirty need to be cleaned, deodorizer and some AXE body spray are required, and I have to adjust my face (yes, you have to adjust the face, the nose, the eyebrows, the lips have to look right, everything needs to come together, I get extremely finicky about that). And I hate putting on my clothes until right before I go out, so they have a fresh and non-worn look.

How long does it take other MTF peeps to get ready to go out wherever you're heading? Do you just get up and go, or do you make sure every detail of yourself is perfect before leaving the house?

Filo V.
07-01-2011, 04:46 AM
Another thing I don't do is eat before I go out. I never eat before going out. If I'm going to go out, I either just don't eat anything, or if it's late, I'll have dinner in the afternoon and then not eat. Because eating and then going out, first of all you're body is still digesting the food, but also you don't have the same tightness or freshness in your face. I drink water instead.

Anyone else notice that and do they have the same habit?

Ibracadabra
07-01-2011, 04:51 AM
Depends. Going out in general 5 minutes. Going somewhere special maybe 45 minutes.

abraxas21
07-01-2011, 04:52 AM
right after waking up, about 45 min. 30' if i'm in a hurry.

if we're talking about going out of the house in the middle of the way (meaning i already had a shower), then probly around 5 minutes. 10 minutes if i need to change some of my clothes.

DualMedia
07-01-2011, 05:48 AM
20-30 min. Brush my hair, teeth and my cloths are already set up.

buddyholly
07-01-2011, 12:39 PM
I look maaaahvelous at all times, so there is no need to do anything other than step outside at any time and accept the compliments that inevitably are thrown at me.

Every time I get on the down elevator I can sense people edging away to get a better all-over view and I hear the whispers, "Would you just look at that!"

Sofonda Cox
07-01-2011, 04:33 PM
20-30 mins (more like 30) for work, longer if going somewhere nice :D

Certinfy
07-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Well in the morning I usually just wake up, put my shoes on and go wherever I need to go, it only takes like a minute, I just sleep in normal clothes so it's not bad.

Besides that it's like 10 minutes at most for sure.

JolánGagó
07-01-2011, 05:14 PM
what the hell is "adjust the face", could you kindly elaborate?

In the morning I need 1.5h at leisure, 1h if on a speed emergency. Im very slow in the morning and can't leave the house without having breakfast, shitting, washing, etc.

JolánGagó
07-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Another thing I don't do is eat before I go out. I never eat before going out. If I'm going to go out, I either just don't eat anything, or if it's late, I'll have dinner in the afternoon and then not eat. Because eating and then going out, first of all you're body is still digesting the food, but also you don't have the same tightness or freshness in your face. I drink water

Yes... plus in your case a farting colon full of feces wouldn't be conductive to a successful culmination of the night out, I gather.

samjones
07-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Personally, it takes me at least an hour to get out of the house if I'm going somewhere I need to look presentable. Usually, I'd say it takes 1.5 hours on average, it depends. I need to brush the teeth, shower, wash my hair, pick out the clothes, put them in the drier to take out some of the wrinkles, then steam the clothes, my shoes if they are dirty need to be cleaned, deodorizer and some AXE body spray are required, and I have to adjust my face (yes, you have to adjust the face, the nose, the eyebrows, the lips have to look right, everything needs to come together, I get extremely finicky about that). And I hate putting on my clothes until right before I go out, so they have a fresh and non-worn look.

I'm a heterosexual. I need 20 minutes to get ready. I'd prefer to have 25 just to preen a bit, but I can do it in 20.

Filo V.
07-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Yes... plus in your case a farting colon full of feces wouldn't be conductive to a successful culmination of the night out, I gather.

Well.......that's the point :)

Filo V.
07-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Adjusting the face:

1) Face exercises. 5-10 minutes of stretching your face in an O shape, and then pursing your lips together. Do that, you'll have a thin, tight face, with sharper features.

2) Shaping the nose. I always have to pick and prod the nose, so it's in the right position and looks good. That may sound ridiculous, but what needs to be remembered that outside of the bridge, the nose can be adjusted, the nostrils, the tip, these are muscles. I changed the shape of my nose by adjusting it the way I want.

3) Eyebrows. They have to be perfect, I hate any loose hairs, I'm very meticulous about them, it can take me 30 minutes to do them. My eyes too, I want them to look fresh and healthy, and to do that, I sleep long and try to relax them.

4) Lips. Gotta put on the right lip balm so my lips look healthy, and there is no chapping. Some things work for me, and some don't. The face exercises help the lips look bigger, I've had people say my lips look bigger than before, which is a good thing, but it can be taken too far.

Then cosmetic stuff like face product, facial lotion, hair product.

samjones
07-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Adjusting the face:

1) Face exercises. 5-10 minutes of stretching your face in an O shape, and then pursing your lips together. Do that, you'll have a thin, tight face, with sharper features.

2) Shaping the nose. I always have to pick and prod the nose, so it's in the right position and looks good. That may sound ridiculous, but what needs to be remembered that outside of the bridge, the nose can be adjusted, the nostrils, the tip, these are muscles. I changed the shape of my nose by adjusting it the way I want.

3) Eyebrows. They have to be perfect, I hate any loose hairs, I'm very meticulous about them, it can take me 30 minutes to do them. My eyes too, I want them to look fresh and healthy, and to do that, I sleep long and try to relax them.

4) Lips. Gotta put on the right lip balm so my lips look healthy, and there is no chapping. Some things work for me, and some don't. The face exercises help the lips look bigger, I've had people say my lips look bigger than before, which is a good thing, but it can be taken too far.

Then cosmetic stuff like face product, facial lotion, hair product.

If I went to all that trouble then I'd probably just stay at home and jerk off into the mirror.

gaitare
07-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Flyboy, you've created a damn fine internet persona.

Filo V.
07-01-2011, 09:25 PM
My internet persona is the real me, with some extra zestiness. I'm just that fierce, I guess.

The time spent looking good is worth it. I feel better when I know I look good. If I don't feel like I look good, I don't want to go out of the house or do anything, or I'll feel a little subconscious. When guys hit on me, like yesterday for example, that means I know I'm looking good, and as I've said before, I'm extremely looks conscious, so I know when I'm hot and when I'm not.

samjones
07-01-2011, 09:35 PM
When guys hit on me, like yesterday for example, that means I know I'm looking good

When guys hit on me that me that means I know I'm in a gay bar.

It's happened. Not very often, but it has happened.

Sofonda Cox
07-01-2011, 09:43 PM
When guys hit on me that me that means I know I'm in a gay bar.

It's happened. Not very often, but it has happened.

It's well known gay men have good taste.

Filo V.
07-01-2011, 09:44 PM
I get hit on in gay bars sometimes, but really guys at the bars are there to dance and chill and relax and be with like minded people above looking for hookups, for the most part. I get hit on more when I'm out walking or at the store.

Like yesterday, I was jogging from home and this guy in a red porsche I think it was, he was like checking me out, and I didn't catch him until about 3 seconds before I left, but I noticed him and smiled and then he gave a quick smile back. Things like that are a huge confidence boost. I love it when guys check me out and stare. I don't egg it on either, because that would be desperate.

That's why it's important to make sure you're hot at all times. And being hot is as much about confidence as it is about physical appearance.

To get back OT, I don't spend much time getting ready to go to the gym. A shower, lotion up (I always lotion after showers, keeps the skin moist), and then find a white shirt and shorts, get a bottle of water, and head to the gym.

Filo V.
07-01-2011, 09:45 PM
It's well known gay men have good taste.

Exactly.

samjones
07-01-2011, 09:50 PM
I love it when guys check me out and stare. I don't egg it on either, because that would be desperate.

That's why it's important to make sure you're hot at all times.

I would say that's why it's important to make sure you're never "hot".

Yeeks.

Filo V.
07-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Only the un-sexy would make such a statement :no:

samjones
07-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Only the un-sexy would make such a statement :no:

I'm not unattractive.... I'm tall, I'm thin, I have proportional features. The mirror does not crack when I gaze into it.

I just don't want some dude checking me out in the grocery store - that's all. I think I'll let the nose hairs grow.

Filo V.
07-01-2011, 10:26 PM
OK, straight guy in me talking, do you get checked out by girls a lot?

If you're an attractive guy, men are going to hit on you. Especially the guys who say they're straight, but admire attractive males. There are a lot of them out there, as any gay/bi guy knows.

Sofonda Cox
07-01-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm not unattractive....

= Im a nasty troll with a tiny penis.

Filo V.
07-01-2011, 10:49 PM
I can tell from talking with someone if they're hot or not. Usually, it's pretty obvious. My first thought was that you were ugly Sam, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, even though if you were hot, then guys would hit on you.

samjones
07-01-2011, 10:57 PM
= Im a nasty troll with a tiny penis.

= Safin is a Feeb with a tiny penis in his mouth.

samjones
07-01-2011, 10:59 PM
OK, straight guy in me talking, do you get checked out by girls a lot?

Constantly.... they think I look totally hot behind the wheel of a double Joovy.

samjones
07-01-2011, 11:04 PM
I can tell from talking with someone if they're hot or not. Usually, it's pretty obvious. My first thought was that you were ugly Sam, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, even though if you were hot, then guys would hit on you.

If being hot means that guys see me driving down the street in his Porsche pulls over and tries to pick me up, then I'm not hot.... and I never was hot (not even experimenting in college) and at this point it's way too late for me to be hot. Not Hot Jones - that's what you can call me.

But I'm not ugly by any stretch. You shouldn't be such a fool to think that you know what someone looks like because you read something they wrote on the Internet. I don't know what you look like, Filo - but here's the mental image I get.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm298/Ryancore88/Reno_911_Miami-6-Thomas_Lennon20Nic.jpg

Filo V.
07-01-2011, 11:18 PM
I love Terry from Reno 911!

Melly Flew Us
07-02-2011, 01:01 AM
I know people are going to say "how is this different than other threads you've made", but I've been curious to ask this and I haven't gotten around to it. I want to see how other MTF posters live and their experiences and mentalities, get to understand people better, all that good stuff.

How long does it take other MTF peeps to get ready to go out wherever you're heading? Do you just get up and go, or do you make sure every detail of yourself is perfect before leaving the house?

am i allowed to play?

it takes me 2 hours if i'm trying and 40 mins if i'm not coz the only thing i do the night before is face-adjusting - mostly make v-shapes with my eyes coz i hate even temporary brow wrinkles.

Filo V.
07-02-2011, 02:59 AM
am i allowed to play?

it takes me 2 hours if i'm trying and 40 mins if i'm not coz the only thing i do the night before is face-adjusting - mostly make v-shapes with my eyes coz i hate even temporary brow wrinkles.

Of course you're allowed to play, all comments welcome :)

The face adjusting thing, I do every night, or at least I did, until about 2 weeks ago. I'm going to restart doing them every night now, usually I did it 2 times a day, 5-10 minutes.

I understand doing the v-shape with the eyes, I do that too, but I the main thing I do for the eyes is sort of squint my eyes while I my mouth is in a tight oval and then going back and forth doing that, it shapes the eyes too, makes them a little thinner. I think Angelina Jolie has the perfect eye shape, I want my eyes to look like that.

abraxas21
07-02-2011, 04:24 AM
If I went to all that trouble then I'd probably just stay at home and jerk off into the mirror.

:superlol:

abraxas21
07-02-2011, 04:28 AM
Exactly.

i think gay men are a lot more forward than straight chicks

i can rememeber quite a few times gay people directly hitting on me (or even asking me out of nowhere if im straight or gay) but chicks are unfortunately very rarely that bold.

GSMnadal
07-02-2011, 11:39 AM
My alarm goes, i hit snooze.
My alarm goes again, i hit snooze.
Third time, final snooze, and get up after a couple of minutes, preparing myself mentally to leave the bed, it's so comfy.
Sleepwalk into the shower, and shower for a good 20 minutes.
Put on some clothes, shave if I feel like it, brush the teeth and try to get the hair to look somewhat decent.
If I have any time left (doubtful), snatch something to eat quickly or whip something up for on the road.
So, a good hour to one and a half at least.

Btw, this thread makes me think FiloV is actually Patrick Bateman!!! :D

CGeAMVK75T4&NR=1

Sofonda Cox
07-02-2011, 12:28 PM
= Safin is a Feeb with a tiny penis in his mouth.

BEEF :eek:

samjones
07-03-2011, 04:46 PM

The face adjusting thing, I do every night, or at least I did, until about 2 weeks ago. I'm going to restart doing them every night now, usually I did it 2 times a day, 5-10 minutes.

I understand doing the v-shape with the eyes, I do that too, but I the main thing I do for the eyes is sort of squint my eyes while I my mouth is in a tight oval and then going back and forth doing that, it shapes the eyes too, makes them a little thinner. I think Angelina Jolie has the perfect eye shape, I want my eyes to look like that.

I'm sure you have the nicest face a fella could ever hope to come across.

fast_clay
07-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Btw, this thread makes me think FiloV is actually Patrick Bateman!!! :D

CGeAMVK75T4&NR=1

yes... couldnt have said it better myself

Sauletekis
07-04-2011, 12:20 AM

i can rememeber quite a few times gay people directly hitting on me (or even asking me out of nowhere if im straight or gay) but chicks are unfortunately very rarely that bold.

Yoi should go to Lithuania, and you would change your mind...

fast_clay
07-04-2011, 12:28 AM

USA, Iceland and Australia as well... something outward and primal encouraged in the women there...

Sauletekis
07-04-2011, 12:38 AM
USA, Iceland and Australia as well... something outward and primal encouraged in the women there...

Sweeden and Latvia too, BTW. Well, about Lithuania and Latvia (and I think also Sweeden) I think I can explain it. The guys from that countries are not beautiful at all, generally speaking. And also, I can speak about my case, they love Latin, and other dark hair and skin guys (Turkish, for example). It's very different than they are use too. They love our hot personality as well. It's insane, but I don't need to do literelly nothing and the girls start to dance with me and kissing me. Not even say hi.

BTW, now that you mention, would love to go to Iceland, cause I already expected that from Iceland girls :D

Filo V.
07-04-2011, 01:22 AM
Christian Bale is sexy as HELL in that video :drool:

Filo V.
07-04-2011, 01:24 AM
Are Lithuanian girls actually hot? Because I have a computer friend who is Polish and we've talked about hot girls from certain countries, I specifically asked him about Eastern European girls and he said that for the most part that Eastern Euro girls aren't attractive (those aren't the exact words he used, but I'm keeping it clean :lol:)

Also, from what I have seen, most Aussie and US girls like to play hard to get. They'll make the first move, and then make the guy chase her. Because I know in American culture it's seen as unbecoming for a woman to make the first move, men call her slutty, which is ridiculous, but that's how patriarchal US society is.

Filo V.
07-04-2011, 01:27 AM
I'm sure you have the nicest face a fella could ever hope to come across.

I don't think so, but my lesbian aunt, her partner and her ex-best friend all say I'm the hottest guy they've ever seen, so that counts for something.

Filo V.
07-04-2011, 01:33 AM

Yes, men are more forward than women in general. Which is one of the main reasons why I prefer men. Also, women who are forward aren't always forward with the intent to get with the guy or make their feelings known immediately, they're playing games. They'll be forward to make it known to a guy that they're into him, but then they'll make the guy chase after her. Men in general, if they want something, they go after it 100%. Put two men together, then it just makes it even more........it's more aggressive.

It's biological. Men are more sexual and more visual. Women are more emotional, verbal and thoughtful.

abraxas21
07-04-2011, 03:53 AM

i need to go there then. you're tempting me with those lithuanian girls

i have dark brown hair and brown eyes. im probly not very tall compared to most lithuanian men, though. im 1.79 m.

Melly Flew Us
07-04-2011, 09:29 PM

ahhh, i see.
my eyes are almond-shaped so my main focus is to prevent saggy brows - i can't stand that hooded-old-people-eye-shutter effect.

Elena.
07-05-2011, 11:03 AM
I get up and go,i don't even wash myself if first i don't have a coffee at my fav bar .Then back home anyway to complete the preparation..

Filo V.
07-22-2011, 02:08 AM
ahhh, i see.
my eyes are almond-shaped so my main focus is to prevent saggy brows - i can't stand that hooded-old-people-eye-shutter effect.

:lol: I totally get it. I'm glad it's working for you!

Filo V.
07-22-2011, 02:12 AM
These last few times I've gone out the house, I haven't tried that hard. Just brush the teeth, wash up a bit, put on some wearable clothes and then a hat I wear backwards. I looked like your average straight frat boy.

During the really hot days of the summer, I can't be bothered with looking the best I can because the heat will just cause me to start sweating and my clothes to get heavy. But I still get hit on a lot even just looking "regular" so I guess I'm doing something right. I think guys like the masculine look.

Do you all go out often when it's really hot, or do you stay inside? If you go out, do you follow the same schedule you have when it's regular temperatures, or are you more lax?

JolánGagó
07-22-2011, 08:15 AM
Weren't you going to show your pics in summer? where are they? ain't you fit enough yet?

Filo V.
07-22-2011, 03:06 PM
I said I was going to get my camera for my birthday, remember? And my birthday is not far away! My pics will arrive shortly thereafter, at least I hope so.

My face is thinner but I'm too skinny. I need to start bulking up but I'm paranoid about what I eat. I wish I had a personal trainer.

Vida
07-22-2011, 05:30 PM
15 mins. get up, shave, wash up, go out.

I eat at the office which, luckily, is 5 minutes away.

Vida
07-22-2011, 06:24 PM
I said I was going to get my camera for my birthday, remember? And my birthday is not far away! My pics will arrive shortly thereafter, at least I hope so.

My face is thinner but I'm too skinny. I need to start bulking up but I'm paranoid about what I eat. I wish I had a personal trainer.

just eat healthy, diverse food, and eat regularly, standard, three times a day. you'll be fine.