Missing Iraq cash 'as high as $18bn' [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Missing Iraq cash 'as high as $18bn'

abraxas21
06-19-2011, 11:56 PM
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2011/06/201161962910765678.html

Al Jazeera's Iraq correspondent, Jane Arraf, reporting from Baghdad, said: "It's an absolutely astonishing figure - this goes back to 2003 and 2004.

"There is going to be a fairly wide net cast - some of them [involved in mishandling of this money] are thought to be US officials, but many here believe that it is the Iraqis who have filled their pockets.

"Safeguarding the money was up to the Americans ... after the invasion, provisional authority here was run by the American military.

it's not surprising of course. everyone with 2 working cells know that the yanks went to iraq to steal and to kill, that's all they seem to do when they invade foreign nations. cant believe back then there were right wing nutjobs who actually believed the bush administration when they said they were invading iraq for the weapons of mass destructions. clueless americans never learn while their gvt is composed of thiefs and murderers disguised as 'sane humans beings' with ties.

Snowwy
06-20-2011, 12:21 AM
Did you read the middle paragraph that you copied? It seems to say otherwise.

abraxas21
06-20-2011, 12:48 AM
it was the US's responsibility

Chip_s_m
06-20-2011, 03:25 AM
This is just what governments do. Why should we be surprised?

Or Levy
06-20-2011, 05:42 AM
Right, it is the US responsibility if the Iraqi government is corrupt. Maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I know, the US never governed or handled Iraq's economics.

I love it how with zero information as to who took the money, when and why, you have a little trial in your head and reach a verdict.

Purple Rainbow
06-20-2011, 09:57 AM
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2011/06/201161962910765678.html

it's not surprising of course. everyone with 2 working cells know that the yanks went to iraq to steal and to kill, that's all they seem to do when they invade foreign nations. cant believe back then there were right wing nutjobs who actually believed the bush administration when they said they were invading iraq for the weapons of mass destructions. clueless americans never learn while their gvt is composed of thiefs and murderers disguised as 'sane humans beings' with ties.

It was never about WMD's.
It was about spreading democracy through the region! :p

Sometimes I think back at the early years of the Bush administration.
What a bunch of hatespreading, lying asswipes they were. And what a bunch of asswipes Americans were to re-elect these morons. Granted, they didn't have much of an alternative, but still...

Har-Tru
06-20-2011, 11:49 AM
OP is a joke.

This was probably an Iraqi deed as the article says. But no, it's the yanks' fault. It always is.

abraxas21
06-20-2011, 05:07 PM
OP is a joke.

This was probably an Iraqi did as the article says. But no, it's the yanks' fault. It always is.

no, the article doesn't actually say that. i recommend some reading comprehension lessons.

abraxas21
06-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Right, it is the US responsibility if the Iraqi government is corrupt. Maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I know, the US never governed or handled Iraq's economics.

I love it how with zero information as to who took the money, when and why, you have a little trial in your head and reach a verdict.

iraq is pretty much controlled by the americans now and keeping the cash was the yanks' responsibility. pure and simple.

The Los Angeles Times reported last week that Iraqi officials argue that the US government was supposed to safeguard the stash under a 2004 legal agreement it signed with Iraq, hence making Washington responsible for the cash that has disappeared.

Har-Tru
06-20-2011, 06:55 PM
no, the article doesn't actually say that. i recommend some reading comprehension lessons.

Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can squeeze them into my schedule.

abraxas21
11-21-2011, 02:10 AM
6.6 billions apparently appeared a few months ago

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/once-feared-lost-now-accounted-iraq-inspector-says-153935856.html

buddyholly
11-21-2011, 12:26 PM
MTF is starting to look like Broadway - too many revivals and nothing new and original.

The US doesn't care about a paltry 6.6M - lets talk billions here. Real money, not some pittance.

abraxas21
11-21-2011, 12:34 PM
The US doesn't care about a paltry 6.6M - lets talk billions here. Real money, not some pittance.
The "M" was a mistake
those were billions i was talking about.

Stensland
11-21-2011, 12:40 PM
MTF is starting to look like Broadway - too many revivals and nothing new and original.

i find mjau's thread original. :) ;)