Wimbledon 'Battle of the Boards' pick 'em contest [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Wimbledon 'Battle of the Boards' pick 'em contest

steven
06-18-2011, 12:19 PM
We are running another contest where you can pit your wits against players from other tennis boards, e.g. rogerfederer.com, andymurray.com, novakdjokovic.com, andyroddick.com, talkabouttennis.com, etc. It works like FITD on here (in the sense that you can enter very quickly by re-using your FITD picks) or the ATP bracket challenge, though the scoring is a bit different.

The Wimbledon 'Battle of the Boards' pick 'em contest is now open for entries at http://bit.ly/kzHmAS

You can play both as an individual and as a team if your board/forum has at least 5 members, which MTF usually does. In fact, you had 14 entrants at RG and finished 7th out of 17 teams, but boarder35m from MTF actually won the individual competition at RG, 1st out of 356 entrants, with Snoo Foo also finishing in the top 10.

QUALIFIERS

Obviously the rain delays of the last few days mean that we are still waiting for qualifiers to be placed but you are welcome to enter before that if you need to, as long as you don't mind picking matches involving qualifiers 'blind'.

OVERALL RANKINGS

I have not had a chance to update the overall BOTB rankings after Roland Garros yet, so rankings shown on the Wimbledon list of entrants are still pre-RG, but I should be able to get them done later today.

CLOSING DATE

Entries close at 11 GMT / noon UK time / 13.00 CET / 7 am US EDT on Monday.

The 500-entrant limit still applies, though by a happy coincidence, entry numbers for slams seem to have stabilised in the 3-400s, so I do not expect us to hit the limit. Just a reminder though that if we do, anyone in the top 250 of the overall rankings after RG will get in as long as they enter before the deadline, but other places will be filled on a first-come first-served basis.

LATE ENTRIES

If rain delays the start of Wimbledon, then entries will remain open until the first game is completed in the first match (or a withdrawal is announced after play was originally due to start, if earlier), but remember that the roof means play will definitely start on Centre Court soon after 1 pm even if no play is possible on the outside courts at all.

MONDAY

By a strange coincidence, I have tickets for day 1 for the second year running, so once again that and the need to catch up on work the next day means that realistically the first full results may not appear until after the scheduled end of R1 on Tuesday evening.

However, a provisional list of pick %s will be updated as entries come in, so if you remember your picks, you will be able to use that list to work out which are the most crucial matches and how you are doing in them.

Once the first results are finally up, there will be regular intra-day updates from then on.

Good luck! :)

steven
06-19-2011, 03:18 AM
Wimbledon still haven't updated their drawsheets, but I've got the qualifier/LL placements from http://bit.ly/m9OL1W thanks to the journalist/blogger concerned and they are based on the revised draws the referee's office sent out to journalists, so there is no reason why they should not be correct.

Hence the drawsheet with 16 qualifiers and 4 LLs placed (i.e. now final barring any very late withdrawals) is now available at http://bit.ly/kzHmAS - N.B. at the time the entry form first went up, there were already 3 LL slots but Kendrick has since withdrawn as well. He was due to play a qualifier, with the winner playing Monfils or Bachinger in R2, so it is now a Q v LL match.