Why Japan not set course for Paradorn to play on Wednesday? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why Japan not set course for Paradorn to play on Wednesday?

pomnok
10-05-2004, 05:49 PM
It seemed that Paradorn is the only the seed player who need to play more than one time on this Thrusday because no course for him on Wednesday so it may cause him to lose because he had a short time to have a rest between match? Some unnecessary match they should move to other course but they didn't do. :mad:

Fee
10-05-2004, 06:56 PM
You need to take a closer look at the draw and the Order of Play. It has been raining in Japan for the past two days and they have only been able to use one court (which has a roof). Paradorn is in the same boat as a lot of the seeds (including JMG and Canas) and he can't play his second round match because the first round matches haven't finished yet and he doesn't have an opponent to play. At least he's not playing Doubles.

nitsansh
10-05-2004, 08:00 PM
He DOES have an opponent, Harel Levy.

But Peya and Chiudinelli have yet to play their first round match, so the winner of Srichaphan vs Levy won't know his 3rd round opponent until Thursday anyway.

ae wowww
10-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Ahhh The rain is the reason that doubles was delayed a day... I asked in a different forum but no-one sent any form of reply.

Fee
10-05-2004, 09:31 PM
I need to stop looking at ATP draws in AOL. For some reason it never pulls up the most recent info... (thanks for the update).

Anyway, Tokyo is a bit of a mess and the forecast at weather.com does not look good for this tournament. I hope they can finish it. They may have to schedule matches beginning at 9 am on Thursday.

loner1984
10-06-2004, 04:44 AM
It seemed that Paradorn is the only the seed player who need to play more than one time on this Thrusday because no course for him on Wednesday so it may cause him to lose because he had a short time to have a rest between match? Some unnecessary match they should move to other course but they didn't do. :mad:

I was just thinking that...When I looked at the OOP for tomorrow I was like, where the f#*k is Paradorn? He's definitely going to have to play two matches on Thursday. What a screwed up event.