Heat illness/Sun burn [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Heat illness/Sun burn

safin-rules-no.1
06-15-2011, 06:43 AM
Okay so I went to Estbourne to watch tennis yesterday, wore factor 30 sun cream and came away with burns down my arms and a bad one on my neck. Think it was because I forgot to keep reapplying :o I woke up feeling dizzy and tired but doubt it's heat stroke? :shrug: Doubt its a heat exhaustion either so google didn't help, any ideas?

Cloudygirl
06-15-2011, 07:56 AM
drink lots of water. Buy aloe vera gel for the burns they make it go down really quickly. Does sound like heat stroke to me well a mild version of it.

I have really pale skin so get burned all the time. If you start feeling really bad see your doctor.

Kolya
06-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Dehydration is often overlooked.

Hopefully you ate enough on the day too.

JolánGagó
06-15-2011, 08:42 AM
Virginal English epidermis demands higher protection, 30 is for the already tanned... oh wait, did I say "virginal" :scratch:

Cloudygirl
06-15-2011, 08:58 AM
I wore factor 30 in Paris a couple of weeks ago and burned the next day I used total block and still burned.

Having red hair is a nightmare sometimes. I never understand why I can go to really hot places on holiday and not burn but then I always seem to burn in the UK and France.

It's very strange.

Bilbo
06-15-2011, 10:01 AM
I wore factor 30 in Paris a couple of weeks ago and burned the next day I used total block and still burned.

Having red hair is a nightmare sometimes. I never understand why I can go to really hot places on holiday and not burn but then I always seem to burn in the UK and France.

It's very strange.

:hug::hug:

Lee
06-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Okay so I went to Estbourne to watch tennis yesterday, wore factor 30 sun cream and came away with burns down my arms and a bad one on my neck. Think it was because I forgot to keep reapplying :o I woke up feeling dizzy and tired but doubt it's heat stroke? :shrug: Doubt its a heat exhaustion either so google didn't help, any ideas?

As someone already answered, it's dehydration. You have to drink water even you don't think you are thirsty.

And for the sunburnt, you need to reapply the suncream frequently. Also, make sure it blocks both UVA and UVB. When I go to Indian Wells, it's almost every hour for me to reapply even I have tanned skin. I can feel my skin tinkled by the sun if I don't reapply the suncream frequently.

Sunset of Age
06-16-2011, 12:44 AM
As someone already answered, it's dehydration. You have to drink water even you don't think you are thirsty.

And for the sunburnt, you need to reapply the suncream frequently. Also, make sure it blocks both UVA and UVB. When I go to Indian Wells, it's almost every hour for me to reapply even I have tanned skin. I can feel my skin tinkled by the sun if I don't reapply the suncream frequently.

This, entirely correct.

Just a slight addition: don't fool yourself to think that if it's partly cloudy weather, you don't need to apply sunscream. Even the more when it's windy -the sun, whenever it comes out, burns very very harshly.

safin-rules-no.1
06-16-2011, 06:33 AM
drink lots of water. Buy aloe vera gel for the burns they make it go down really quickly. Does sound like heat stroke to me well a mild version of it.

I have really pale skin so get burned all the time. If you start feeling really bad see your doctor.

I have pure aloe vera jelly and it works wonders! Really cools the burn and takes the sting out of it. I went to work yesterday and left after an hour because I started getting confused and suffering memory loss :tape:

Virginal English epidermis demands higher protection, 30 is for the already tanned... oh wait, did I say "virginal" :scratch:

Virginal :bigcry:

I was probably dehydrated too. I took some pics and short video clips of Schuettler :p

theMEESH
06-16-2011, 04:36 PM

This. When I was in the hospital they liked to say, if your mouth feels dry, you're already dehydrated.

*drinks some water*

Lee
06-16-2011, 07:33 PM
I was probably dehydrated too. I took some pics and short video clips of Schuettler :p

Post them :p

Hope you are better now :hug:

octatennis
06-17-2011, 02:15 AM
i read somewhere that jizz on the skin can protect from the sun.

156mphserve
06-18-2011, 05:05 AM
This, entirely correct.

Just a slight addition: don't fool yourself to think that if it's partly cloudy weather, you don't need to apply sunscream. Even the more when it's windy -the sun, whenever it comes out, burns very very harshly.

This.

went to a track meet once, it was like 5 degree Celsius cloudy, and drizzling, nobody wore sunscreen and everyone got really bad burns:o

out_here_grindin
06-18-2011, 05:11 AM
you brits. I had to laugh at Wimbledon when someone collapsed when the tempearature was in the 70's F.

But seriously I only get sun burned on the shoulders at the beach and even then its pretty mild. I never put on sun screen away from the beach.

safin-rules-no.1
06-18-2011, 08:29 AM
you brits. I had to laugh at Wimbledon when someone collapsed when the tempearature was in the 70's F.

But seriously I only get sun burned on the shoulders at the beach and even then its pretty mild. I never put on sun screen away from the beach.

We're not used to it :shrug: And why would you laugh at someone collapsing?

Cloudygirl
06-18-2011, 08:43 AM
A girl fainted when I was there last year. Thing is that people don't have sense and carry water here because we aren't used to half decent weather.