Which is the best Disney movie? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Which is the best Disney movie?

out_here_grindin
06-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Aladdin was the one I watched nearly daily when I was a child. But is it the best one? Is it a classic or a more modern one?

Johnny Groove
06-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Princess Jasmine was my first love back in the day.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Nb6VIy0GV8Y/TdvZy9JOjbI/AAAAAAAAI2g/jKia6B68Jjo/s400/aladdin-disney-princess-jasmine-13.jpg

Modern interpretation

http://www.shoppingblog.com/pics/kim_kardashian_princess_jasmine_halloween.jpg

Certinfy
06-11-2011, 08:51 PM
All awesome movies. So hard to choose. :sad:

GSMnadal
06-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, watched it at least a 100 times. Too bad it didn't make the list, have to go with Bambi then.

buddyholly
06-11-2011, 10:00 PM
The Living Desert

Thanos
06-11-2011, 10:02 PM
fantasia

FormerRafaFan
06-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Tangled:yeah:

kai.
06-12-2011, 12:11 AM
Aladin :D. I had the vhs when i was 4yo and watched every time i was back from kindergarden

KarlyM
06-12-2011, 12:25 AM
Beauty And The Beast -- didn't even have to think about it. ;)

Pirata.
06-12-2011, 12:27 AM
The Lion King :sad:

vn01
06-12-2011, 07:20 AM
my favourite is The Jungle Book :D

Arkulari
06-12-2011, 08:05 AM
The Lion King, I still cry when Mufasa dies, but only with the music, when it is on mute I don't cry :lol:

dabeast
06-12-2011, 08:18 AM
it's tough to say which is the best Disney movie cos it's subjective, they have so many outstanding ones. I basically grew up in the golden era of Walt Disney, and have a certain nostalgia and fondness for almost every Disney movie that came out in the 90s.

My fave is Aladdin, hands down. If it's on tv, I can sit down and watch the whole thing and not get bored, even after all these years. The animation effects at the time (early 90s) were groundbreaking and Robin Williams's characterization of Genie lifted the movie to a whole other level.

Also, the OST for Aladdin still remains my fave out of the Disney catalogue, fun, catchy and full of pomp. Nowadays, contemporary Disney Pixar theme songs are very bland and predictable and simply not memorable, def not up to the standard of the Disney classics, like A Whole New World, Under the Sea, Circle of Life, Beauty & the Beast.

Close 2nd is The Emperor's New Groove, watched it at least 7x and each viewing never fails to make me laugh. Disney went off tangent with this gem and it's the wittiest, most off-beat feature-length animation that's ever come out of there. The chemistry and banter btw Spade and Goodman is amazing, so freakin quoteworthy :worship:

(Sorry for the long paragraph, i can get carried away when it comes to film :))

Dini
06-12-2011, 11:20 AM
The Lion King, I still cry when Mufasa dies, but only with the music, when it is on mute I don't cry :lol:

I cry with or without music; watched it nearly every day as a kid with my cousin during the summer holidays and that scene never failed to make me teary. It still does. :sad: In my opinion, nothing beats the soundtrack of this Disney movie, either.

Sonja1989
06-12-2011, 11:31 AM
The Lion King was always my favourite. Part 1. I didn't like too much the second.

out_here_grindin
06-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Close 2nd is The Emperor's New Groove, watched it at least 7x and each viewing never fails to make me laugh. Disney went off tangent with this gem and it's the wittiest, most off-beat feature-length animation that's ever come out of there. The chemistry and banter btw Spade and Goodman is amazing, so freakin quoteworthy :worship:

(Sorry for the long paragraph, i can get carried away when it comes to film :))

I agree. Emperor's New Groove was an ambitious try and it worked brilliantly.

Also another underrated one is Mulan. Great story that is based on a Chinese legend.

yesh222
06-12-2011, 02:20 PM
You forgot Mulan.

out_here_grindin
06-12-2011, 02:29 PM
You forgot Mulan.

I didn't forget it. There are 50 Disney feature films(animated). I could only chose 9 of them and I chose the ones generally recognized as the best. Mulan is one of my favorites but it is not as widely loved or as classic.

Marita_Matthäus
06-12-2011, 05:03 PM
I didn't forget it. There are 50 Disney feature films(animated). I could only chose 9 of them and I chose the ones generally recognized as the best. Mulan is one of my favorites but it is not as widely loved or as classic.

Mine too! :D I watched Mulan for the first time when I was 19 or something, and it's been my favorite ever since. But when I was a kid my absolute favorite was The Little Mermaid, my parents told me I used to watch it every day :lol: So for me it's a tie between the one I liked the most as a kid and the one I like the most now, but I voted for The Little Mermaid :)

Sonja1989
06-12-2011, 05:10 PM
I know it isn't Disney but my absolute favourite was Tom & Jerry. :D

Getta
06-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Fantasia

asmazif
06-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Basil the Great Mouse Detective.

straitup
06-13-2011, 01:47 AM

My favorite cartoon :worship:

Aladdin and Lion King are neck in neck to me, I like Aladdin maybe a hair more but the songs in both are so memorable

gulzhan
06-13-2011, 02:59 AM
Was hard to chose between the Lion King and the Little Mermaid. I voted for Ariel, my daughter could watch it several times a day :lol: that helped me a lot with getting some extra time :dance:

Chirag
06-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Lion king .Watched it daily .

Beauty and the beast is close too and so is Aladdin

Chirag
06-13-2011, 05:32 PM

Who doesnt like tom and jerry ;)Its the most popular cartoon since 1940 fact :D

Chirag
06-13-2011, 05:35 PM
I cry with or without music; watched it nearly every day as a kid with my cousin during the summer holidays and that scene never failed to make me teary. It still does. :sad: In my opinion, nothing beats the soundtrack of this Disney movie, either.

word i remember being really touched by that scene but the scene i remember the best after all those years is the very first one.It was fantastic .Circle of life scenes is one of the scenes of animated films industry in my humble opinion.As far as the songs go i still listen to all those songs

Sonja1989
06-13-2011, 05:56 PM
My favorite cartoon :worship:

Who doesnt like tom and jerry ;)Its the most popular cartoon since 1940 fact :D

Don't laugh on me, but I'm still interested in it sometimes. :lol:

dabeast
06-14-2011, 03:27 AM
I agree. Emperor's New Groove was an ambitious try and it worked brilliantly.

Also another underrated one is Mulan. Great story that is based on a Chinese legend.

The great thing about The Emperor's New Groove is that initially the studio wanted to create a big, sprawling epic set in the Mayan Age and then it became this light-hearted, quirky, endearing tale of camaraderie. The script came together and the cast (dude who plays David Puddy in Seinfeld is awesome in here) just gelled so well.

Reason why it didn't do as well worldwide as the other Disney classics commercially is the marketing. I think the studio was confused on how to package a crazyass mutant llama who spouts the most sarcastic, arrogant one-liners whilst riding on the the coattails of a big guy in a poncho as family-friendly entertainment :D

Mulan is good made fantastic by the comic genuis that is Eddie Murphy. When you have great comic talents like Crystal (Monsters, Inc), Murphy, Williams, Spade etc cast in the right role, chances are an animated film will always be taken to the next level cos the older crowd can appreciate it as much as the younger one.

Orka_n
06-14-2011, 04:16 PM
The Lion King. Masterpiece.

Also, ya gotta give Disney some props as they are fighting hard to get back some of the magic they had during their glory days (90s). Princess and the frog & Tangled both had pretty nice atmosphere imo.

Don't laugh on me, but I'm still interested in it sometimes. :lol:Tom & Jerry is hilarious. I love Tom's screams... They always get me.

out_here_grindin
06-14-2011, 08:17 PM
The Lion King. Masterpiece.

Also, ya gotta give Disney some props as they are fighting hard to get back some of the magic they had during their glory days (90s). Princess and the frog & Tangled both had pretty nice atmosphere imo.

Tom & Jerry is hilarious. I love Tom's screams... They always get me.

Disney has their Golden Periods then the down times. The Golden Age was from Snow White till Jungle Book. Walt Disney then died shortly before the Jungle book it took them a while to recover and they had a serious down period from 67-89. The Little Mermaid started the 2nd Golden Age, which was Mermaid,Beast,Aladdin and Lion King back to back. And the 90's ushered in Hunchback,Mulan and Tarzan, it was a great period.

The early 2000's is the 2nd down age with Home on the Range,Brother Bear and some others stinkers. But you are right, the two newest ones are bringin some of the magic back.

kooties
06-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Mulan is my fave. Some of you guys had crushes on Jasmine, and Belle when you were kids, Mulan was my disney "crush".

Also, I'll make a man out of you is my "push past the limit song." Hearing it, or sometimes even just thinking about it never fails to give me my second wind.

FiBeR
06-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Little Mermaid ftw

theMEESH
06-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Lilo and Stitch.

scarecrows
06-16-2011, 04:34 PM
fantasia

and not even close

Sofonda Cox
06-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Sleeping Beauty.

UncleZeke
06-20-2011, 04:35 AM
Swiss Family Robinson, early Disney movie made in 1960 is excellent.