Federer: "if I'm not playing so well, that's when he wins" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer: "if I'm not playing so well, that's when he wins"

Just like heaven
06-05-2011, 06:51 PM
:worship:

Brace yourself for this Federer quote:

"It's always me who's going to dictate play& decide how the outcome is going to be. If I play well...
... I will most likely win in the score or beat [Nadal]; if I'm not playing so well, that's when he wins."

http://twitter.com/#!/TennisReporters

Jaz
06-05-2011, 06:53 PM
He's right though.

hipolymer
Jesus Christ, and people said Nole was arrogant.

Roger and Rafa are two of the most arrogant tennis champions in history.

Johnny Groove
He's right. Federer doesn't play well because Nadal FORCES him into errors. Forces him to go closer and closer to the lines.

But let's just wait until the haters fill this thread with vile and hatred. Vamos.

icedevil0289
06-05-2011, 06:55 PM
oh roger. :rolleyes:it be nice to see the whole interview and not just snippets.

Nole Rules
Yeah, he is right.

GSMnadal
That's what, it's 'on Federer's racquet' means, Roger's right.

But Nadal wins because it's nearly impossible for an attacking player to maintain the level of play that's needed to beat him.

GugaF1
06-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Seriously is that not what every player thinks, If I play really well I win, if not he wins. But I know what Federer is trying to say though.

Pirata.
06-05-2011, 06:56 PM
He's right :shrug:

Same with Rafa, if he's not playing well, other top guys can beat him. When they aren't playing well against lower-ranked players, they can still win with their experience, but against the other top guys, when you aren't playing well, you lose that advantage of experience and top ranking and intimidation and your chances of pulling out a win when you're playing like shit are much lower.

Of course the haters will be here soon spinning their usual bullshit, but whatever.

The Magician
06-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Well he's right. Not everyone is a fake humble champion like Nadull or verbally fellating Nadull like Murray and Fakervic :p

junkdelux
06-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Context would be nice.

zoparrat
06-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Sounds controversial but it is the truth. Two ways you can win vs Rafito:
1. Hit through him
2. Out moonball him

1. is almost impossible on clay since Rafa's defense and ability to keep his moonballs deep is amazing. 2. IS impossible for any active player.

MaxPower
No shit sherlock-Federer. More players can say that too. Rafa's game in a nutshell. kablamos!

FerrerAndNadal
My respect for Roger has dipped.

wakefield10
I've always thought he was very ungracious in defeat

Salvy41
06-05-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm pleased to see people responding rationally and reasonably to the remark. It might seem arrogant but there is definitely truth to it. Rafa is usually a constant in his matches. He's just a very tough constant to trump.

Pirata.
Federer also said "Rafa played well and deserved the win today."

twitter (http://twitter.com/TennisReporters/status/77449108444549120)

Matt Cronin is just a shit-stirrer :rolleyes: This is why they need to publish the FULL transcripts for the player pressers, because this is the kind of bullshit we get from so-called journalists.

Jaz
My respect for Roger has dipped.

:rolleyes: Haha

ballbasher101
I am a Federer fan but what the heck is he on about. He can't beat Nadal no matter what. He should avoid Nadal all together. At this rate the head to head could end up being something silly like 25-10 in Nadal's favour.

SetSampras
Nadal has the uncanny ability to not make Fed play well is more like it ALWAYS!!

homogenius
06-05-2011, 07:01 PM
delusion :awww:

Cresswekk
06-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Kind of embarrassing for him that he's had 25 attempts against Nadal and only played well 8 times then....

Ibracadabra
06-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Sportsman not allowed to speak the truth?

Deivid23
What a sore loser :haha:

xdrewitdajx
it's true, although it's not like Nadal has nothing to do with whether Federer plays well or not. Nadal's style of playing well is to basically ensure his opponent doesn't play as well as they can.

Pirata.
"In 2008, I didn't really think I won the French Open cause it was easy. It was different this year."

Rafa :haha:

Roger the Dodger
06-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Plain fact, nothing more. Roger is one who's out there constructing points. Nadal relies on Roger's errors with consistent retrieving.

homogenius
06-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Plain fact, nothing more. Roger is one who's out there constructing points. Nadal relies on Roger's errors with consistent retrieving.

Wrong.Fed says he's the one who dictates the play but it's Nadal who is imposing his strategy of play nearly each time they face each other.Fed has been unable to find a tactical solution (to the bh thing and all...)or to impose his game to Nadal.

Il Primo Uomo
06-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Oh Roger. You know this is some serious bullshit. Just shut your mouth and come fuck me, I won't tell that creature you call "wife".

Pirata.
I will post Clay Death's reply to this thread in advance for him

mods:

please drag this totally worthless thread outside and have a large, overgrown spotted hyena shit on it repeatedly for a whole day.

**thanks mods. much obliged.

ZaZoo)
Funny how Fedmug shows up 5 times in FO against Rafito then. :haha:

Pirata.
06-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Funny how Fedmug shows up 5 times in FO against Rafito then. :haha:

Funny how Novak still can't make a French Open final or beat Rafa in a Slam :wavey:

Zagor
06-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Yeah it does sound arrogant but if he believes that it's fine by me.Hopefully should he face Rafa at Wimbledon this year he fares better.

icedevil0289
06-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Yeah it does sound arrogant but if he believes that it's fine by me.Hopefully should he face Rafa at Wimbledon this year he fares better.

I wonder how the nadaltards on talk tennis are taking this. they are worse on talk tennis than on here.

it is arrogant, but in away he is right. ofcourse it just makes him look like a sore loser.

Sofonda Cox
06-05-2011, 07:22 PM
He's right. :shrug:

ballbasher101
06-05-2011, 07:23 PM

It is not fine, it is delusional. He lost the last time they played at Wimbledon and Nadal was good but not great on grass. This time it would probably be easier for Nadal provided they meet again. I hope they don't meet each other again for a very long time.

Zagor
06-05-2011, 07:24 PM
I wonder how the nadaltards on talk tennis are taking this. they are worse on talk tennis than on here.

it is arrogant, but in away he is right. ofcourse it just makes him look like a sore loser.

Who cares how they take it? Fed has his way of giving interviews,just like Nadal has his.It's important mentally for Fed to believe that the match is still on his racquet,that he's the aggressor out there so if he needs to say it then let him say it.His achievements give him to right to speak his mind and be taken seriously.Also despite his lopsided H2H against Nadal he's still the only one on tour to have beaten him in 2 slam finals.

ys
06-05-2011, 07:25 PM
He hasn't beaten Nadal in Slam for 4 years .. right? He hasn't played well for quite a while then..

MIMIC
06-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Wow :haha:

Be a man and take the loss you clown

Manequin75
06-05-2011, 07:26 PM
of the 10 slams, Rafa beat federer in seven of them. If Nadal was never born Fed would have had 23 slams ...oh boy what were sebestian and anne marie thinking?

Clay Death
06-05-2011, 07:28 PM
i actually cant believe that he said that.

surely 17-8 would have provided a sufficient clue.

i like fed`s game and his attacking skills and i admire his fight but he is not better than nadal and never will be.

again 17-8 is all the evidence anybody will ever need.

and if all else fails, examine the winning percentage for nadal in slam finals when he has had to face fed.

Roger the Dodger
06-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Wrong.Fed says he's the one who dictates the play but it's Nadal who is imposing his strategy of play nearly each time they face each other.Fed has been unable to find a tactical solution (to the bh thing and all...)or to impose his game to Nadal.

Nadull's strategy of play? :haha:

Oh, he has one? How creative.

Roger the Dodger
06-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Roger still capable of telling it like it is after 5 defeats at RG! :yeah:

Zagor
06-05-2011, 07:30 PM
i like fed`s game and his attacking skills and i admire his fight but he is not better than nadal and never will be.

If Nadal is better than Federer than he should have no trouble at the very least matching Fed's records,we'll find out in the future if he can.

MIMIC
06-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Funny how Federer talking about how he's always dictating play and simply played defense against Djokovic whenever he didn't hit an ace.

He's arrogant AND a delusional hypocrite to boot :yeah: :worship:

Mr. Oracle
06-05-2011, 07:31 PM
hey roger, even if it is the truth, sometimes its more gracious to lie (rafa does it all the time when he says you're the greatest), the reason you're making it about yourself again is because you're not a sportsman. you have a lot to learn from rafa. now retire already -- you suck.

dombrfc
06-05-2011, 07:33 PM
This isnt the quote at all, very badly reported! If you actually look at what he says he saying how he dictates the tempo and that his level often inflences the match.

Sofonda Cox
06-05-2011, 07:34 PM
This isnt the quote at all, very badly reported! If you actually look at what he says he saying how he dictates the tempo and that his level often inflences the match.

Lets not let the truth stop the bitching and MTF hating :D

Cresswekk
06-05-2011, 07:35 PM

Seems awfully unlucky that he's been off form 17 times against Nadal, but never seems to be as off form against anybody else on tour...

Clay Death
06-05-2011, 07:35 PM
If Nadal is better than Federer than he should have no trouble at the very least matching Fed's records,we'll find out in the future if he can.

its 17-8. what part of that are you having the most trouble with?

and he is not just beating him at a local country club.

he is beating him in the finals of slams.

there is nobody out there who knows anything about tennis who believes even for a second that fed is better than nadal because he is not.

Zagor
06-05-2011, 07:42 PM
its 17-8. what part of that are you having the most trouble with?

and he is not just beating him at a local country club.

he is beating him in the finals of slams.

there is nobody out there who knows anything about tennis who believes even for a second that fed is better than nadal because he is not.

Don't have trouble with anything,I have my own opinion and my own way of measuring player's greatness and I will stand by it.For me slams are the most important tennis tourneys and pinnacle of tennis achievement along with years endings at #1(probably influenced by growing up watching Sampras play).

As far as I'm concerned if Nadal is indeed better than Federer he should exceed his #of slams and have a few more years as clear #1 player in the world,if he doesn't than Fed was better or equal against the field(and they have been largely competing against the same pool of players for their career).H2H is not the most important statistic to me in tennis,never was,never will be.

Mr. Oracle
06-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Don't have trouble with anything,I have my own opinion and my own way of measuring player's greatness and I will stand by it.For me slams are the most important tennis tourneys and pinnacle of tennis achievement along with years endings at #1(probably influenced by growing up watching Sampras play).

As far as I'm concerned if Nadal is indeed better than Federer he should exceed his #of slams and have a few more years as clear #1 player in the world,if he doesn't than Fed was better or equal against the field(and they have been largely competing against the same pool of players for their career).H2H is not the most important statistic to me in tennis,never was,never will be.

wow you're really setting the bar high here. whats next? how many times you win the stefan edberg award? is it not relevant that this era is so much stronger and deeper than 5 years ago? in the end, its all about the head to head and number of slams.

Sophocles
06-05-2011, 07:49 PM
He should have added, "OR if I choke like a 95-year-old grandmother on a 5-inch fishbone."

C.D., Fed's better than Nadal until Nadal matches his records, which he won't. Try and enjoy today with a good grace. Most real Fed fans are taking defeat that way.

icedevil0289
06-05-2011, 07:51 PM

don't bother explaining it to him. he doesn't get that nadal is a terrible match up for fed and that has to with their h2h as well as most of their matches being played on clay. sane nadal fans will acknowledge that fed is overall the better player.

Pirata.
06-05-2011, 07:51 PM
He hasn't beaten Nadal in Slam for 4 years .. right? He hasn't played well for quite a while then..

They haven't played in a slam final since AO2009, so the four years thing is kind of irrelevant since for nearly two whole years, they didn't play each other.

icedevil0289
06-05-2011, 07:53 PM
wow you're really setting the bar high here. whats next? how many times you win the stefan edberg award? is it not relevant that this era is so much stronger and deeper than 5 years ago? in the end, its all about the head to head and number of slams.

well for nadalfans anyway.

Pirata.
06-05-2011, 07:53 PM
surely 17-8 would have provided a sufficient clue.

again 17-8 is all the evidence anybody will ever need.

and if all else fails, examine the winning percentage for nadal in slam finals when he has had to face fed.

16 > 10 :shrug:

Such a shame Roger couldn't've beaten Rafa before RG, then it would've been 16 > 9 and it would've been fun to watch all the tards squim :sad:

Nole Rules
06-05-2011, 07:55 PM
CD, Sorry mate but no way Rafa is better than Fed.

River
Isn't that what you're supposed to be saying?

Some people don't realize the lines between arrogance and just having confidence in yourself. What else is Roger Federer supposed to say? "If I play my best I will still lose."?

I'm definitely not a fan of Federer, but if you people honestly think he's being arrogant, then you obviously have never played a sport in your whole life, or at the very least had ANY intention of trying to win anything.

It's a rivalry for a god's sake. It's his way of saying that Rafa got the better of him, but he'll get him next time.

Zagor
don't bother explaining it to him. he doesn't get that nadal is a terrible match up for fed and that has to with their h2h as well as most of their matches being played on clay. sane nadal fans will acknowledge that fed is overall the better player.

I'm not saying Fed is the overall better player,Nadal may well end up surpassing him,I just reserve to make my opinion until both of them are done with their careers.

Zagor
06-05-2011, 07:57 PM

We have different way of measuring greatness,yes? H2H is a tiebreaker to me,not a defining statistic.

bobbynorwich
06-05-2011, 07:57 PM
It's easy to misconstrue a quote unless you have the whole context. Although that segment wasn't in the taped interview released by Roland Garros, here is another part of it that is quite complementary to Nadal. http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multimedia/2011-06-05/0130611cfa38000002b3.html

icedevil0289
06-05-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm not saying Fed is the overall better player,Nadal may well end up surpassing him,I just reserve to make my opinion until both of them are done with their careers.

yeah I should have said for now he is the still the better player.

Pirata.
06-05-2011, 08:00 PM
An interview with: ROGER FEDERER

Q. At 5 2 in the first set, was that a moment that youíll never forget, I mean, about this final? Because then you served 5 3, and out of six times you served, only one first serve in, and then you lost the break.
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, thatís how it goes. Rafa is tough. I definitely thought that I got maybe a touch unlucky there and he got a tough lucky. There was a lot of close calls with the net, like right close to the lines plays and so forth.
So it was a tough moment. I think that was one of my bigger chances of the match. And then going to maybe a potential rain delay, just having won a set in the bag is obviously a good thing to have.
But when I go into the rain delay, Iím down basically two sets almost. I almost saved myself, but Iím very competitive, and I thought he was getting tired, you know, throughout the third set and also in the fourth. It was unfortunate I couldnít take my chances early on in the fourth.

Q. Congratulations for a nice game, Roger. After that unlucky dropshot in the first that made you miss the 6 2, you did some back into the match, although you were at 4 2 twice, you never left it. Could we say that even when you came back, the weight of the first set, was it too much on you, especially when playing Nadal on such a close game? Or did you feel you could always come back and do it in those comebacks from 4 2?
ROGER FEDERER: Sure, youíre not thinking of winning down two sets to love and 4 2, but youíre thinking of coming back and turning around the match. All of a sudden at 0 0 in the fourth set you think, Okay we have a match again.
He has to go a long way to beat you again, and momentum is on my side. All of a sudden, we know what can happen in tennis. All of a sudden it almost looked like he was going to miss the beginning of the fourth set and I could maybe run away with that.
In the fifth set, I would have felt very, very strong like I did back in Miami when I beat him from being down two sets to love. So I knew I had it in me. It was unfortunate I couldnít make it more competitive in the fourth set.
Rafa played well and deserved the win today.

Q. You lost today, but you returned to a Grand Slam final today. I think this is positive sign for you. Could you get your confidence again?
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, Iíve been confident for almost a year now. I think I lost some confidence maybe through the French Open and Wimbledon last year, but, you know, I was in the finals of Halle as well in this period, so I didnít feel like I was running after confidence.
It was just important to get to another Grand Slam final, keep on playing well. Iím feeling better physically than I have in a long time, so thatís been very positive.
Also, after this sort of tough weekend I feel really good, so thatís been positive, too. Sure, it was a huge match with Novak. Obviously Iím happy about that win.
Today was a very good match. Overall obviously Iím very happy about the tournament. Obviously you should be disappointed after losing in a Grand Slam final. Obviously I feel that a little bit today.

Q. There were a few periods in the match where you really dominated him, when if you had sustained that level you could have won the match. Was it a level thatís sustainable humanly for you or anyone else? What was the reason you think it fluctuated a little bit?
ROGER FEDERER: Obviously Iím the one thatís playing with smaller margins, so obviously Iím always going to go through a bit more up and downs; whereas Rafa is content doing the one thing for the entire time.
So itís always me whoís going to dictate play and decide how the outcome is going to be. If I play well, I will most likely win in the score or beat him; if Iím not playing so well, thatís when he wins.
So itís always pretty straightforward when we play each other, and maybe thatís why we are too worried playing against each other, because we know what to expect.
But I thought Rafa played well. I mean, I think he dug deep to come back in the first set and get himself into the match. And also the second set. It was tough all the way through. I thought we played at a very high level, and I was pretty happy the way I played today.
I donít have huge complaints, but just obviously some miss the opportunities, because youíll always have plenty against him on clay. So if you lose, you always look after those.
Itís unfortunate the way it is, but it was a good match.

Q. Just watching Rafa play, I was thinking that if this guy was a boxer you would just way he just refuses to go down. You have to put one, two, three, four shots against him because heís constantly getting things back at you. Is that one of the things that makes him so tough to beat?
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, sure, itís one of the things. But I donít mind that, to be quite honest. I like to see him running left and right and left and right and see how long he can sustain it, you know.
Like I said, I thought he was getting quite tired actually midway through the third set. Thatís why I definitely got a lift, because I was feeling well all the way through. And even though sometimes you feel youíre a little bit tired, I wasnít.
Thatís why Iím very happy the way I came out of the match. Four sets, sure, itís disappointing. I thought he played some good tennis there towards the end. Obviously with the wind coming in and the missed opportunities early on in the fourth and then the sun, it was just making it kind of a tough fourth set for me who is trying to make the plays.
But I couldnít at that point anymore, because Rafa was having good length on his shots. So, yeah, Iím not in any way frustrated with his play. Iíve played against guys who play like that many, many times, starting with Lleyton Hewitt when I came along. Heís not the first guy.

Q. How did you feel during the tiebreak back in the second set? Because you were pretty strong in that moment, and then suddenly it didnít work for you in the tiebreak.
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, I thought I took some chances early on. Clipped the tape and maybe didnít take the right decisions. But I was just coming back from almost being down two sets, so I gave myself a chance.
Maybe I didnít serve great in the breaker, but plus, it got a bit more slow because of the rain delay. So obviously it was a tough period for both players to go through, because we were both figuring out how we were going to play after the rain delay.
I got very good inputs from Severin and also from Paul, and that really got me going again. Actually, I played really well coming out of the break. Unfortunately, I wasnít able to win the second set; but I won the third, and could have done much better today.

Q. Whenever he was done with a match with Pete, Andre was asked, Did you feel honored to take part in a great match? Did you feel the greatest of the occasion? Basically, Andreís response when he lost was always, It sucked. I thought it sucked. Can you step back at all during a match like this and appreciate the moment and how big it is for tennis as well?
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, you can, sure. I mean, when I won the third set and it was already very competitive all along and I was able to push it to a fourth set, sure, I knew the importance of the match, you know, just I guess the attention on everybody.
It was a big occasion. I was aware of it. You know, youíre not aware of it when youíre trailing in the score like I did a few years ago and youíre just hoping to get games. This was completely different.
I was very much concentrated in the moment and trying to push him to the brink, which I almost achieved today.

Q. Especially in the first three sets, can we say you were either making the points by hitting winners or making the mistakes and Rafa was only trying to keep the ball in the game and you were mostly winning or losing the points? Is that how you felt on court?
ROGER FEDERER: Um, yeah, I mean, sort of. I wasnít just going for broke. I was trying to make the plays and moving him around, make him tired, and frustrating him with quick play sometimes. Mixing it up. Thatís what I always do, and he does his things.
I prefer to mix it up. You know, I think heís happy to be Rafa; Iím happy to be Roger. Thatís why we like to play each other maybe. I donít know.

Q. The win over Novak and this today, the great performance, very competitive, do you feel like you sort of changed the conversation and youíre back where you want to be in the hunt again and set up perfectly for Wimbledon?
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, absolutely. Thatís obviously the huge priority right now, to win Wimbledon in a few weeksí time. Thatís always, for me, the sort of No. 1 goal in the season.
This is where it all started for me back in 2003; or even with Sampras earlier in í01. So thatís why I always really enjoy coming back.
Yeah, I mean, I told people that we should wait six months after the Australian Open when people thought Rafa and me were done. Itís unfortunate that it goes so quickly at times.
Now weíre back in the finals and now itís different talk again. I donít go even there, because I knew it wasnít the case.
I felt that even though people donít understand how Rafa was able to win this tournament after the shocking start he had, Iím not. He plays better against the better ones, and thatís what he showed today.
Heís a great champion on clay especially, and I am happy with my tournament. Like you said, I think I played fantastic all the way through. I had a tough draw like most of the top guys, and we were able to make it to the last four.
I thought I had a good weekend. Itís unfortunate that I donít get the trophy, but I still think it was a very good finals today.
THE MODERATOR: French questions, please.

Q. Do you still intend to play in Halle?
ROGER FEDERER: Yes, but Iíve not yet discussed this with my team. I donít know what they will think. I still have a few days off before that, so Iíll either make the decision this evening or tomorrow. I donít know. Weíll see. I have to discuss this with my team.

Q. Roger, now Rafa has ten Grand Slams. Heís a bit younger than you were when you reached the same level, that is ten Grand Slams. Itís not at all 16, but do you have the impression that heís getting closer when you look in the rearview mirror? I know you havenít finished yet.
ROGER FEDERER: Yes, who cares. Who cares where you stand. Itís when itís over that you canít do anything any longer, thatís when youíre proud of what you accomplished.
Thatís why Iím happy for him that heís won these Grand Slams and these tournaments. He can prove to people that he can play a good type of tennis. This is what counts.
On clay, as I said at the beginning of the season, he had won a few matches on clay. I said he could win a few more, and this is what heís proven today. For some it was not sufficient, but today he managed to show that he could win a match on clay.
I should have been able to do the same as well, by the way, but Iím happy for him.
For me, of course itís a bit disappointing, but it was a good tournament for me as well. Ten Grand Slams is a lot. He knows this; I know this; everybody knows this. Itís really good for him.

Q. During the final, would you say you had regrets? If yes, which ones?
ROGER FEDERER: Well, a few chances or occasions I missed, which is normal. Each time I finished a match against Rafa and I was defeated, I know I had opportunities to seize. He doesnít serve at 220.
There was once when he served an ace. You canít call this an opportunity to seize. I had many breakpoints, many opportunities to hit the ball and to finish.
But, you know, itís normal. Itís how Rafa wins the points. He likes the rallies. Iím not too sad because Iíve played a good match. I was almost on the brink of winning the match, so Iím disappointed, but not too much.

Q. Would you say mentally it was easier than the other three? At the other three you had not won Roland Garros, and then you won Roland Garros and this was like a weight off your shoulder. Therefore, mentally did you feel more at ease for this final?
ROGER FEDERER: To some intent probably. But I think year in and year out he has been really good on this surface. You know, the year he dominated me during the final here, I knew that I was not playing well enough. He was so incredible at the time and that the match didnít start well for me.
Thatís when I thought, Okay, this is going to be tough. It was my third year in a row playing semifinals, final, and then another final against Rafa. So when I started the match, I must say I was like distracted due to his results.
But today, no, I was confident. I was feeling good. I knew it was would be something difficult, which was the case today. But I was almost doing it, and I knew I would play a good match. The beginning was intense.
Against Novak it was long rallies as well; against Rafa it was long as well. But I managed to finish the match, and Iím rather satisfied.

Q. Youíve played really well today, and even the other day against Djokovic. These are two different players. Do you think you played better the other day against Djokovic or today? Is it more or less the same? Can you compare your level?
ROGER FEDERER: No, I canít. I canít. I canít. The two matches are so different. I have to change my game, you see. If you look at how I returned today and the way I returned against Novak, itís different and even the rallies.
The match started completely differently. You canít compare the two matches.

Q. Never mind the scores or tactics, I have the impression youíre physically at your best. Have you changed anything in terms of your practice or the way you consider playing on clay? What about Wimbledon?
ROGER FEDERER: No, not really. Iíve played many matches. I was really tired after Rome, and it was not the match against Gasquet that tired me so much.
But it was part of the puzzle. Iíve trained and practiced a lot after Monte Carlo. I decided to play Monte Carlo because I was fit. I played a lot from Dubai until Rome. I didnít take a longer break.
Sometimes after Miami Iíd take ten days off in the past, but this year I didnít wasnít to do this. Therefore, you know, I was extremely tired and at the end of Madrid as well and also during Rome.
I hoped I could practice more here, but I was so tired that I said, Okay, Iíll practice just what is enough. Thatís why the beginning of the tournament here for me was important.
At the beginning, I didnít think I would manage this way, but after two matches, I thought, Okay, I feel better. Iím in the tournament. I could never hear the alarm clock in the morning ringing I was so tired.
Thatís why in the middle of the first week I thought, Iím on the right tracks. I was playing really well. Even though I knew that, I was like, I respect this immense fatigue I have gone through.

Q. You used the word ďproud,Ē being proud at the end of the match. Is that what you feel, pride?
ROGER FEDERER: No. Iím not a 15 year old, so, no. Iím happy with this match. Thatís what I can say. Itís a pity I lost, but itís normal. Rafa played again an excellent match.
It was a normal match with quite a lot of regrets, but also I played well. So Iíll focus on Wimbledon. This is the moment when I can do good things. Iím on the right tracks. Itís positive.

Q. Were talking about missed opportunities. There was a set point when you tried a dropshot close to the line. When you were playing it, did you think it would go into the court?
ROGER FEDERER: Well, so so. You know, I saw the mark. It was really close, but I knew it could be out.

Q. If you had to do it again, would you try the dropshot again?
ROGER FEDERER: I donít know. I canít really remember this rally. I think he wouldíve won the game early. He was up 40 15, I think, and then all of a sudden I had this set point for me. It was a bit surprising for both of us.
I regret perhaps more the service game. Thatís about it.

Decide for yourselves.

Mr. Oracle
06-05-2011, 08:00 PM
well for nadalfans anyway.

yeah who would have thought that the number of times you beat someone indicates if you are better than them? fedtard fanboy.

icedevil0289
06-05-2011, 08:02 PM
yeah who would have thought that the number of times you beat someone indicates if you are better than them? fedtard fanboy.

girl, but um I do think match up issues have something to do with it and also the surface they have played as well. most of their matches have actually been on clay where nadal is far superior. take than into account and that is why the h2h is so lopsided.

but hey haters will be haters.

juan27
06-05-2011, 08:03 PM
hey roger, even if it is the truth, sometimes its more gracious to lie (rafa does it all the time when he says you're the greatest), the reason you're making it about yourself again is because you're not a sportsman. you have a lot to learn from rafa. now retire already -- you suck.

the man who should to retire is you idol novak djokovic jaja.

in his prime and with a great record can`t defeat a 30 years old federer an in his worst surface.

patetic!!!

if he says that roger is the best or not doesn`t matter, leyends of tennis like borg, Mcenroe,lendl and even laver say that roger is the best or in the case of laver that federer is the man that best tennis in open era has and the best archivements in history.

;)

ServeAlready81
06-05-2011, 08:04 PM
How come when Serena Williams says stuff like this, she dragged throught the mud but Fed gets a pass?

batavlada
06-05-2011, 08:04 PM

25 >>>>>>> 29

icedevil0289
06-05-2011, 08:05 PM
How come when Serena Williams says stuff like this, she dragged throught the mud but Fed gets a pass?

federer hasn't gotten his fare share of hate for his comments as well.

Mungo
:worship:

http://twitter.com/#!/TennisReporters

Hahaha the fake gentleman strikes again. Fakerer at his best! Oh boy all these finals Nadal wins against him make me even happier. There's nothing like seeing this arrogant prick with the runner up trophy. And he doesn't say this crap in the trophy ceremony in front of Nadal and the audience, he says it later in the press conference. Not only he's a fake gentleman, he's also a coward. I guess that's why he always chokes against Nadal.

Black Adam

Such a shame Roger couldn't've beaten Rafa before RG, then it would've been 16 > 9 and it would've been fun to watch all the tards squim :sad:
Fed's 30 and Nadal's 25.;)

Pirata.
06-05-2011, 08:09 PM
25 >>>>>>> 29

Oh man, the age thing? REALLY? :haha:

IMO, the fact that Roger is still ranked where he is and still making Slam finals and still dominating most of the tour at 30 is far more impressive than Rafa or Novak dominating in their early to mid 20s. Everyone calls him Olderer, but seriously, get back to me when Rafa and Novak are 30, we'll see what their ranking is and if they're still making slam finals.

Until then, stay mad :wavey:

Oh, by the way Black Adam, how old is Roddick? When was his last slam final? What's his ranking now, 11? 12? Maybe top ten tomorrow if he's lucky?

star
06-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Even better!

Obviously I’m the one that’s playing with smaller margins, so obviously I’m always going to go through a bit more up and downs; whereas Rafa is content doing the one thing for the entire time.
So it’s always me who’s going to dictate play and decide how the outcome is going to be. If I play well, I will most likely win in the score or beat him; if I’m not playing so well, that’s when he wins.

I definitely thought that I got maybe a touch unlucky there and he got a tough [touch?] lucky.

Gotta love those Federer pressers.

River
06-05-2011, 08:13 PM

Serena is nowehere near humble even OUTSIDE of sports. She honestly thinks she should beat every competitor 6-0 straight.

I do admit that Federer is also quite arrogant sometimes, but this time isn't the case. Comparing Federer to Serena is ridiculous.

homogenius
06-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Nadull's strategy of play? :haha:

Oh, he has one? How creative.

Yes he got one, a simplistic yet very effective one.For all his talk, did Fed manage to find a solution ? Construction point my ass.He can't even get a clue about nadal powning his bh over and over again for years now.

guga2120
06-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Federer, has always been like this its nothing new. When he was in his absolute prime losing to a teenage Rafa, he would same the same exact stuff, and call him 1-dimenstional. He is an arrogant pratt.

Pirata.
06-05-2011, 08:18 PM
You guys are hilarious, as bad as the journalists, cherry picking quotes and ignoring the positive things he says about Rafa :haha:

Har-Tru
06-05-2011, 08:20 PM
He's right though.

Yes he is. :shrug:

dombrfc
06-05-2011, 08:21 PM
A) its not a direct quote
B) he said so many good things about Rafa

Kiedis
06-05-2011, 08:23 PM
He's right. Federer doesn't play well because Nadal FORCES him into errors. Forces him to go closer and closer to the lines.

But let's just wait until the haters fill this thread with vile and hatred. Vamos.

Yeah! Nadal determination and intelligence makes him shits in his pants, it's obvious.

Pirata.
06-05-2011, 08:25 PM
I wonder where Black Adam went :scratch: :devil:

batavlada
06-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Oh man, the age thing? REALLY? :haha:

IMO, the fact that Roger is still ranked where he is and still making Slam finals and still dominating most of the tour at 30 is far more impressive than Rafa or Novak dominating in their early to mid 20s. Everyone calls him Olderer, but seriously, get back to me when Rafa and Novak are 30, we'll see what their ranking is and if they're still making slam finals.

Your argument standing on same feet as mine.

So Rafa needs 1 slam/year to beat Roger even in that. Not to mention Olympic medal (in singles, ofcourse).

read label
06-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Federer, has always been like this its nothing new. When he was in his absolute prime losing to a teenage Rafa, he would same the same exact stuff, and call him 1-dimenstional. He is an arrogant pratt.
I also agree.

This Federer comment very rude:rolleyes: show how big head he is:rolleyes:
This is why fans move on to Nole and Rafa..
Last few interviews Rafa talk of great champions Federer and Nole, not stupid comments, Rafa and Nole all ways try show respect:confused:

nole_no1
06-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Well no more polite and peaceful stuff between them? Good because that's what i want to see in a rivalry :devil:
And BTW he's right :shrug: but it took him a bit too long to discover/admit it

read label
06-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Yes he is. :shrug:

So Federer does not play good because he is nervous, who problem is this:confused:Not Rafa. Nole has overcame this nervous and plays good now so its mind which stop Federer playing good against Rafa.

If Federer play good or not his problem, He should not try take away from Rafa's 6th win.:wavey:

born_on_clay
06-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Too arogant Roger....

NadalPhan
06-05-2011, 08:50 PM
When people ask me who is the better player of the 2, my answer will always be Nadal. Granted, Federer is the better offensive player, but the thing is there isn't a weakness on Nadal's game. Sure he is a defensive minded player, but the guy has absolutely no weaknesses on both defense and offense. He has without a doubt the 2nd best FH in the game, he has a good BH, he has a great counter attack, great morale. There really is no weakness in his game.

Chair Umpire
06-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Dear Rog1e: Shut 7he f*ck up. For your 8wn sake.

Nole Rules
06-05-2011, 09:09 PM
When people ask me who is the better player of the 2, my answer will always be Nadal. Granted, Federer is the better offensive player, but the thing is there isn't a weakness on Nadal's game. Sure he is a defensive minded player, but the guy has absolutely no weaknesses on both defense and offense. He has without a doubt the 2nd best FH in the game, he has a good BH, he has a great counter attack, great morale. There really is no weakness in his game.

:haha:

Raiden
06-05-2011, 09:10 PM
"if I'm not playing so well, that's when he wins"But wait a minute Roger: His plan is precisely to make sure that you don't play well but rather get sucked into a (top)spinning whirpool of backhand-error twister vortex

Mungo
06-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Fed only beat Nadal when Nadal was injured/exhausted or too young. That's the truth, Rogerito.

Mungo
06-05-2011, 09:15 PM
25 >>>>>>> 29

soon 30. 5 year difference and 6 GS titles difference, although obviously Nadal won most of them in a stronger era.

Sophocles
06-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Oh well, at least the next time Nadal meets Nole & gets the inevitable routine bitchslapping I can spit at all these Nadulltards again.

SheepleBuster
06-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Federer is losing his mind. here is what he said: I told people that we should wait six months after the Australian Open when people thought Rafa and me were done

Um. No Roger. Everybody knows you are done winning slams. Nobody said anything about Rafa. And even if they did, you gallantly gifted him twice by beating Djokovic and then choking big time today.

Nole Rules
06-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Oh well, at least the next time Nadal meets Nole & gets the inevitable routine bitchslapping I can spit at all these Nadulltards again.

:lol:

Sophocles
06-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Federer is losing his mind. here is what he said:

Um. No Roger. Everybody knows you are done winning slams. Nobody said anything about Rafa. And even if they did, you gallantly gifted him twice by beating Djokovic and then choking big time today.

Put a sock in it, Sheeple. You've never been a real Federer fan.

Satasonic
06-05-2011, 10:06 PM
But its true, it can be applied not only to Roger but to all the attacking players. When an attacking player starts hitting 30 unforced errors in a set is when he loses. Players like Nadull and Fakervic can moonball back with their frames, but Federer isnt a very good defensive player.
Basically, the match is always on the racquet of the attacking player. Be it Federer, Raonic, Soderling, or even Verdasco. If they mug it out in the winner-unforced error ratio, you can expect trouble to come.

bobbynorwich
06-05-2011, 10:07 PM
In context , the statement is not arrogant at all. He's just saying that Rafa is much more consistent, so if he (Roger) is not playing well, he can't top him as Rafa's steadiness will defeat him. See below:

Q. There were a few periods in the match where you really dominated him, when if you had sustained that level you could have won the match. Was it a level that's sustainable humanly for you or anyone else? What was the reason you think it fluctuated a little bit?
ROGER FEDERER: Obviously I'm the one that's playing with smaller margins, so obviously I'm always going to go through a bit more up and downs; whereas Rafa is content doing the one thing for the entire time.
So it's always me who's going to dictate play and decide how the outcome is going to be. If I play well, I will most likely win in the score or beat him; if I'm not playing so well, that's when he wins.
So it's always pretty straightforward when we play each other, and maybe that's why we are too worried playing against each other, because we know what to expect.

SheepleBuster
06-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Put a sock in it, Sheeple. You've never been a real Federer fan.

Whatever. That's what he said. It is borderline insane. Nobody talked about Rafa being done. I don't like Rafa but nobody thought he was done after he lost to Ferrer. He has 4 of the last 5 slams. Come on now.

As far as me being a Federer fan? No. I am not a worshipper. I don't worship people.

NadalPhan

When will you learn Sophocles? Aren't the butt fuckings Nadal lands to Nole thus far in slams enough for you? He's owned him even more than he's owned Rodger.

rocketassist
Nadal's game is to force mistakes and scramble. Works on clay, fair enough. Shouldn't work anywhere else :o

SheepleBuster
06-05-2011, 10:09 PM
In context , the statement is not arrogant at all. He's just saying that Rafa is much more consistent, so if he (Roger) is not playing well, he can't top Rafa as his steadiness will defeat him. See below:

Q. There were a few periods in the match where you really dominated him, when if you had sustained that level you could have won the match. Was it a level that's sustainable humanly for you or anyone else? What was the reason you think it fluctuated a little bit?
ROGER FEDERER: Obviously I'm the one that's playing with smaller margins, so obviously I'm always going to go through a bit more up and downs; whereas Rafa is content doing the one thing for the entire time.
So it's always me who's going to dictate play and decide how the outcome is going to be. If I play well, I will most likely win in the score or beat him; if I'm not playing so well, that's when he wins.
So it's always pretty straightforward when we play each other, and maybe that's why we are too worried playing against each other, because we know what to expect.

I call Bs on this. Roger has won only 8 out of 25 matches. I am not sure he has enough experience winning against that guy to say he is in control of the outcome.

NadalPhan
06-05-2011, 10:11 PM

Federer's 29, not 30.

luie
06-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Federer is losing his mind. here is what he said:

Relax Cyrusking,,Novak got bitch-slapped by grand-pa,,its his fault nadull the moonballer has another FO..fed did what he could do,,if the younger guys like Murray/novak/del-po/Monfills. are not stepping up you expect fed to do it.They are in their prime,,fed on borrowed time,,For the record I'am almost certain he will win more slams after his performance & RG

SheepleBuster
06-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Relax Cyrusking,,Novak got bitch-slapped by grand-pa,,its his fault nadull the moonballer has another FO..fed did what he could do,,if the younger guys like Murray/novak/del-po/Monfills. are not stepping up you expect fed to do it.They are in their prime,,fed on borrowed time,,For the record I'am almost certain he will win more slams after his performance & RG

You don't understand do you? 1 year ago, I said, Rafa won't win more than 11 or I'll leave here. I am in deep shit man. :devil:

NadalPhan
06-05-2011, 10:17 PM

My bad, the serve is his only weakness, but you still get my point.

bobbynorwich
06-05-2011, 10:20 PM
I call Bs on this. Roger has won only 8 out of 25 matches. I am not sure he has enough experience winning against that guy to say he is in control of the outcome.

He's just saying that he can't make many mistakes when playing Rafa since he is too steady. He contends that Rafa consistently plays 'very well' or 'extremely well' with predictable shots where Fed is more variable playing some points 'just ok' some 'very well' and others 'extremely well.' He believes it's up to himself to play only very well and extremely well points if he wants to beat Rafa.

hilluis
06-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Go here for full interview transcripts. Clever person on women's tennisforums has them: http://tennisleask.blogspot.com/

Mountaindewslave
06-05-2011, 10:33 PM
i hope this was taken out of context, because if it wasn't, it makes Roger seem like a real bitch and sore loser. The quote, although i do suspect being inaccurate, is just wrong- Nadal has beaten Roger when he was playing at very high levels......... Maybe what Roger should be asking is, why can't his best beat Nadal's best? not complain and make excuses that when he loses he plays badly

star
06-05-2011, 10:42 PM
i hope this was taken out of context, because if it wasn't, it makes Roger seem like a real bitch and sore loser. The quote, although i do suspect being inaccurate, is just wrong- Nadal has beaten Roger when he was playing at very high levels......... Maybe what Roger should be asking is, why can't his best beat Nadal's best? not complain and make excuses that when he loses he plays badly

Read back please. The entire interview is posted here.

Heres' the part quoted:

"Obviously Iím the one thatís playing with smaller margins, so obviously Iím always going to go through a bit more up and downs; whereas Rafa is content doing the one thing for the entire time.
So itís always me whoís going to dictate play and decide how the outcome is going to be. If I play well, I will most likely win in the score or beat him; if Iím not playing so well, thatís when he wins."

Mountaindewslave
06-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Read back please. The entire interview is posted here.

Heres' the part quoted:

"Obviously Iím the one thatís playing with smaller margins, so obviously Iím always going to go through a bit more up and downs; whereas Rafa is content doing the one thing for the entire time.
So itís always me whoís going to dictate play and decide how the outcome is going to be. If I play well, I will most likely win in the score or beat him; if Iím not playing so well, thatís when he wins."

oh that is fairly understandable and not as bad as the OP had made it seem. It's partially true, certainly, that Federer if "on" can beat Nadal. I just do not understand why he would bother saying that, though, because it comes off as rather arrogant regardless of the context. But definitely much more casual than this thread has made it seem

Singularity
06-05-2011, 10:50 PM
What he said is perfectly reasonable. He plays a higher risk game, so he trades off consistency for at times awesome shotmaking. Of course if he made every shot all the time, he'd beat Nadal, but tennis doesn't work that way anyway.

Sophocles
06-05-2011, 10:51 PM
You don't understand do you? 1 year ago, I said, Rafa won't win more than 11 or I'll leave here. I am in deep shit man. :devil:

Oh I see.

Don't worry. You'll be here at least another year.

NadalPhan
06-05-2011, 10:57 PM

You really don't have to man up to your word here though. It's not like it's a bet you made with somebody else; is it?

SheepleBuster
06-05-2011, 11:02 PM
You really don't have to man up to your word here though. It's not like it's a bet you made with somebody else; is it?

Listen. There are three things wrong with this world. Kids dying out of hunger or diseases in less fortunate countries. Wars that claim lives. And Rafa winning slams. I don't think I can take so much injustice in this world.

Clay Death
06-05-2011, 11:15 PM
smart federereeeesians are comfortable with the results today. they knew what was likely to happen.

its the clueless, envy fungus riddled federereeeeesians that are all bent out of shape. they keep pissing on themselves over this.

why not just enjoy the tennis. everybody knows that we will never ever see 2 all time greats like these 2 in our lifetimes again.

tests
06-05-2011, 11:26 PM
smart federereeeesians are comfortable with the results today. they knew what was likely to happen.

its the clueless, envy fungus riddled federereeeeesians that are all bent out of shape. they keep pissing on themselves over this.

why not just enjoy the tennis. everybody knows that we will never ever see 2 all time greats like these 2 in our lifetimes again.

its hard to enjoy one player moon-balling every ball to another players backhand, waiting for that player to shank.

but whatever floats your boat

Kat_YYZ
06-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Clear to anyone who has read the interview transcript/entire quote that he's answering a technical question regarding tennis styles (attacker vs defender); it's not a definitive statement on the GOAT debate. (But of course, everything is about the GOAT debate on MTF. :rolleyes:)

SheepleBuster
06-05-2011, 11:30 PM
its hard to enjoy one player moon-balling every ball to another players backhand, waiting for that player to shank.

but whatever floats your boat

tests. I have to disagree with you here. Nadal's game is more than that. Roger shanked so many service returns. He was also outplayed in the 4th set. Period. Listen. I know you are a fan of Roger. But the guy is not mentally strong to beat Rafa. It is expected. Swiss is a lovey dovey country. People from that country don't expect to get bullied. Roger was not put on this earth to win against Rafa. It is as simple as that. He will enjoy his retirement knowing that he had the chance to be the GOAT but he let a one dimensional bully to sink his titanic.

swebright
06-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Anyway, I think Rafa was a little surprised with the way Roger played today; it seems like Roger was able to add some things to his game (should have done it since 2007?). That's how rafa described Roger's game to Johnny Mac. Never heard something like that before. Rafa knows best how Roger responds to his game.

SheepleBuster
06-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Anyway, I think Rafa was a little surprised with the way Roger played today; it seems like Roger was able to add some things to his game (should have done it since 2007?). That's how rafa described Roger's game to Johnny Mac. Never heard something like that before. Rafa knows best how Roger responds to his game.

Rafa is a two faced liar. He keeps saying Roger is the best in khistory or how his best is not enough for Roger. The guy has a 17-8 against him. It is just disingenuous and very pirate like behavior. He will never have my respect for this false facade of modesty he puts forward. Be a man. You dominate this guy. Don't act like you don't.

moon language
06-06-2011, 12:00 AM
At face value the quote doesn't tell the whole story. Is he talking about playing on clay only? If so then the quote needs more qualification. If they both play well then Federer loses every single time, and the head to head shows this.

moon language
06-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Rafa is a two faced liar. He keeps saying Roger is the best in khistory or how his best is not enough for Roger. The guy has a 17-8 against him. It is just disingenuous and very pirate like behavior. He will never have my respect for this false facade of modesty he puts forward. Be a man. You dominate this guy. Don't act like you don't.

When has he ever said that his best is not enough? Usually he says he has to play his best from what I can recall.

As for him calling Federer the best in history what is unusual about that? Isn't that the consensus among most fans and players?

tests
06-06-2011, 12:03 AM
tests. I have to disagree with you here. Nadal's game is more than that. Roger shanked so many service returns. He was also outplayed in the 4th set. Period. Listen. I know you are a fan of Roger. But the guy is not mentally strong to beat Rafa. It is expected. Swiss is a lovey dovey country. People from that country don't expect to get bullied. Roger was not put on this earth to win against Rafa. It is as simple as that. He will enjoy his retirement knowing that he had the chance to be the GOAT but he let a one dimensional bully to sink his titanic.

i actually do not have any issues with nadal being GOAT. IF nadal keeps winning more slams, and dominates the tour with consistency, he deserves the GOAT STATUS.

It just irks me how it always comes down to an error-fest between these two, with nadal making very little errors, and federer becoming an error king (obviously nadal has a lot to do with it). It goes against everything i love about tennis.

Oh well, lets just hope federer doesn't make the final of wimby, and gives someone else a chance to take nadal (Whats even more ironic is that feds the only one who actually somewhat "challenges" nadal in the finals... but we have yet to see what djokers made out of)

SheepleBuster
06-06-2011, 12:11 AM
When has he ever said that his best is not enough? Usually he says he has to play his best from what I can recall.

As for him calling Federer the best in history what is unusual about that? Isn't that the consensus among most fans and players?

There you go: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/04/us-tennis-open-nadal-idUSTRE7531CT20110604

danieln1
06-06-2011, 12:50 AM
Is he wrong??? Obviously not!

Just look at his stats, 50+ winners, IF he was playing well and cut off at least 20 of those, he would have won easily... The problem is the pusher retrieves most of Federerīs amazing shots, and then he loses patience and makes a unforced, but when heīs playing his best, Nadal has no chance

heya
06-06-2011, 01:33 AM
only outside the stadium did fed have a great strategy against the 1 dimensional clay 'specialist'.:eek:

Dmitry Verdasco
06-06-2011, 02:13 AM
Jesus, Federer doesn't play well very often :wavey:

abraxas21
06-06-2011, 02:17 AM
so many stupid hatas in this thread

bobbynorwich
06-06-2011, 02:27 AM
Clear to anyone who has read the interview transcript/entire quote that he's answering a technical question regarding tennis styles (attacker vs defender); it's not a definitive statement on the GOAT debate. (But of course, everything is about the GOAT debate on MTF. :rolleyes:)

Exactly, it's only a statement about Nadal's playing a consistent, predictable game and Federer playing a plus/minus changeable, more risky game --- when 'on' Fed can beat Nadal, when 'off' not so much.

moon language
06-06-2011, 02:33 AM
I just watched the press conference and he seems to be talking about the matchup between the two of them in general. Taken out of context it seems a lot more controversial.

watch it here http://eurosport.yahoo.com/video/05062011/58/federer-final-press-conference.html

moon language
06-06-2011, 02:38 AM
There you go: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/04/us-tennis-open-nadal-idUSTRE7531CT20110604

Oh ok I thought you were suggesting he had said that his best wasn't enough to beat Federer. This is quite different.

moon language
06-06-2011, 02:41 AM
"Even though sometimes you pretend you're a little bit tired, I wasn't"

Interesting admission from Federer.

Yukimura
06-06-2011, 03:51 AM
This Federer... always delivers!

crude oil
06-06-2011, 04:18 AM
federer acknowledged it would take an amazing special tennis to beat nadal before the match...with that context, he realizes that he would need his top tennis to win today on clay.

if not he loses...i think that's pretty clear...but ppl will want to spin it this way or that...

Topspindoctor
06-06-2011, 04:25 AM
No news Olderer is arrogant even in defeat.

tests
06-06-2011, 04:28 AM
"Even though sometimes you pretend you're a little bit tired, I wasn't"

Interesting admission from Federer.

hmmm interesting

FlameOn
06-06-2011, 04:46 AM
It works both ways. Rafa was playing his c-level for most of the first set which is why he was down 2-5 as much as how well Olderer was playing.

JolŠnGagů
06-06-2011, 05:07 AM
:spit:

poor Federina, he didn't play so well 17 times out of 25 :sad:

poor Federina, he didn't play so well 13 finals out of 19 :bigcry:

poor Federina, he didn't play so well 7 GS finals out of 9 :hysteric:

what a deluded tool :haha:

Stefanos13
06-06-2011, 05:36 AM
Kind of embarrassing for him that he's had 25 attempts against Nadal and only played well 8 times then....

Exactly my thoughts

Langers
06-06-2011, 05:36 AM
Federer. :haha: All class in defeat once more. :worship:

Raferminator
06-06-2011, 05:48 AM
Is Muger Frauderer deluded or senile or a fascinating combination of both elements? Rafa has mot lost to Muger Frauderer this entire year. Rafa is 1 win away from making Muger his Turkey (+ 10 win differential). Rafa has been humiliating Muger just as he has done in the past and so has Nole. Only one revelation needs to be made abundantly clear for this season: MUGER FRAUDERER, Retire NOW for your fans! You are a disgrace to the sport of Tennis! :mad:

This so called "MTF tardboy GOAT" is being owned in almost all slam matches at the hands of the real GOAT, Rafael Nadal. Federer should just retire for himself and his fans. It is pointless for him to continue to even try. He isn't clever enough or talented enough to beat the Rafa, the Chess Master. The same old junk has never worked in the past, isn't working now, and it won't work in the future. How hard is that to understand? :shrug:

Muger Frauderer, you are the ultimate personification of a narcissistic fool who is too stupid and arrogant to clearly see the writing on the wall. Rafa owns you, you pathetic, whining little errand boy! And if you refuse to retire for your fans, then learn to take your beatings like a man and give tribute to your conqueror. These farcical denials are making you an international laughing stock. This is not good for the game, Muger.

paseo
06-06-2011, 06:02 AM
What a mug, this Federer.

Pirata.
06-06-2011, 07:51 AM
Whatever. That's what he said. It is borderline insane. Nobody talked about Rafa being done. I don't like Rafa but nobody thought he was done after he lost to Ferrer. He has 4 of the last 5 slams. Come on now.

As far as me being a Federer fan? No. I am not a worshipper. I don't worship people.

He said the same thing last year before RG, when yes, several months earlier, everyone was counting them out.

Bunch of cracked out morons in this thread :cuckoo:

ossie
06-06-2011, 08:29 AM
this is just getting embarrassing now fed :spit:

rafa was beating you when he was still a baby, you should have worked on your weakness instead of making up excuses now :rolleyes:

e476
06-06-2011, 08:33 AM
:spit: Olderror :yawn:

sportstennis
06-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Nadal

always arrogant manner . always exaggerated appeal. always overaction to mad. always shouted . always fake of time out. always stupid take time. cheaters in the game. Illegal coaching, fake time-outs, exceding time limit between serves, spitting in the clay, etc. etc.

Nadal always insults old player Davydenko or Melczar etc. When lost, make an excuse. " . I'm injury. I'm sick. I'm tired." again. again. again.

always annoying and overrated plyer.

A_Skywalker
06-06-2011, 08:38 AM
What does this post have to do with the thread ?:confused:

Nadal

always arrogant manner . always exaggerated appeal. always overaction to mad. always shouted . always fake of time out. always stupid take time. cheaters in the game. Illegal coaching, fake time-outs, exceding time limit between serves, spitting in the clay, etc. etc.

Nadal always insults old player Davydenko or Melczar etc. When lost, make an excuse. " . I'm injury. I'm sick. I'm tired." again. again. again.

always annoying and overrated plyer.

Vamos_Me_Rafa
06-06-2011, 08:47 AM
LOL!!!!!! Federer wishes he had even half the talent Rafa Nadal does. Even playing his best match, his STILL CAN'T BEAT RAFA. Obviously he knows that his records are all going to be bulldozed in a matter of years. Poor Roger, he knows his times up. It's okay, his wife was a tennis loser, they'll soon be a pair. :)

manadrainer
06-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Do you actually READ all the positive comments Roger has made about Rafa or you just skip those? I am just curious...

Anyway I'm beginning to think that Roger is the biggest Rafatard in the world... gifting matches and trophies with unbelievable choking to Rafa.

Congrats to Rafa though, he actually is a mental giant.

wee
06-06-2011, 09:06 AM
He's right. Federer doesn't play well because Nadal FORCES him into errors

Deivid23
06-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Just read Federerīs press conference and had a lot of fun through his responses :haha: What a sore loser he is :eek:

Corey Feldman
06-06-2011, 09:08 AM
:lol: Here we go

50 pages of spiteful Fed hating and the mods wont do a thing about it http://thmg.photobucket.com/albums/v152/karennallan/th_smiley-clapping.gif

careergrandslam
06-06-2011, 09:23 AM
just when u start to respect federer, he comes with this bullshit.

he is back to olderer now.

just an arrogant smug prick, simple as that.

total sore loser, cant accept defeat like a man.

very difficult to like this guy.

Sonja1989
06-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Don't misunderstand, I don't hate Federer. Well I like him a little. But this statement is just boastful.

doomsday
06-06-2011, 09:27 AM
He is right and we don't give a shit about what haters think in here.

Certinfy
06-06-2011, 09:29 AM
:lol:

Chris Kuerten
06-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Reminds me of Martin Verkerk who once said: "I decide if I win or lose. If I play well I win, if I play bad there is a chance I will lose."

Time Violation
06-06-2011, 09:35 AM
:lol: Here we go

50 pages of spiteful Fed hating and the mods wont do a thing about it http://thmg.photobucket.com/albums/v152/karennallan/th_smiley-clapping.gif

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/8406/nelsonhaha2.jpg

Sophocles
06-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Mods, please clean out this sewer of a thread. And exterminate the rats in it.

Sham Kay
06-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Fans should be criticized for being clowns by the players at some point. We shit on their every word if they're being "fake nice" and then shit on their every word when they try the honest route.

If you read the entire thing Fed says, the summary is, if he employs his strategy to beat Nadal properly then he'll win, but the fact that he's lost so much is testament to how tough it is to do this successfully and therefore how tough it is to beat Nadal. Fed is more complimentary to Nadal than these snippets would suggest.

All of it sounds obvious, but the guy is obliged to say something to the media so that the rest of us bored as hell people have something to discuss and argue about.

And hence this pointless merry-go-round will continue, till the world implodes.

Lleyton_
06-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Deluded clown. He deserves every beat down he gets from Nadal. And don't close this thread. He also deserves every insult in this thread.

bokehlicious
06-06-2011, 11:50 AM
But the guy is not mentally strong to beat Rafa. It is expected. Swiss is a lovey dovey country. People from that country don't expect to get bullied.

Fuck off sucker! And "Swiss" is no country :stupid:

Filo V.
06-06-2011, 12:26 PM
He's right in theory but his mentality is one of somebody who comes off arrogant and a sore loser.

Matt01
06-06-2011, 12:33 PM
That is one of the reasons why Federer will never be a player I'll root for, no matter how many nice dropshots he hits...I prefer the humble Champions :)

Lleyton_
06-06-2011, 12:37 PM
That is one of the reasons why Federer will never be a player I'll root for, no matter how many nice dropshots he hits...I prefer the humble Champions :)

Like Djokovic? :o That's not the reason you're not roting for Federer. Don't lie.

Theef
06-06-2011, 12:45 PM

Ain't that the truth. So what, Fed just decided not play well against Rafa 17 times?

There are better ways to say what he's trying to say. Instead, he ends up sounding condescending and more than a little delusional.

Matt01
06-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Like Djokovic? :o That's not the reason you're not roting for Federer. Don't lie.

Djokovic doesn't give arrogant interviews and doesn't badmouth his opponents like Fed.

tripwires
06-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Djokovic doesn't give arrogant interviews and doesn't badmouth his opponents like Fed.

Badmouthing? I suggest you read the entire presser before you jump to such conclusions.

bokehlicious
06-06-2011, 12:55 PM

:lol: Try it without your pink glasses...

Zagor
06-06-2011, 12:58 PM

There's nothing humble about Nadal's on court behaviour,you know how they say-actions speak louder than words.However for me what matters mostly is playing style,I don't need my favourite players to be some role models to me,I just like to watch their game.

Matt01
06-06-2011, 12:59 PM

Badmouthing? I suggest you read the entire presser before you jump to such conclusions.

I didn't mean THIS interview, I thought that was obvious,,,

:lol: Try it without your pink glasses...

Please don't get permbanned, my friend :hug:

Matt01
06-06-2011, 01:01 PM
There's nothing humble about Nadal's on court behaviour,you know how they say-actions speak louder than words.However for me what matters mostly is playing style,I don't need my favourite players to be some role models to me,I just like to watch their game.

Playing style is important for me, too. And Fed is mostly serve these days, as soon as has to play a longer rally against a good player, he loses the point.

Sophocles
06-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Playing style is important for me, too. And Fed is mostly serve these days, as soon as has to play a longer rally against a good player, he loses the point.

Except against Djokovic.

careergrandslam
06-06-2011, 01:02 PM
i hope rafa destroys him next time.

just to shut his mouth.

hate when he gets this smug.

Zagor
06-06-2011, 01:06 PM

Fed is almost 30,of course he'll rely on serve more but is he mostly serve at this point? I disagree,he won a lot of rallies against both Novak in SF and Nadal in the final and those two are 4-5 years younger than him and by far the best baseliners on tour at the moment.IMO he's still the best shotmaker on tour,just has lost a step so he can't get into position as often as before.

Matt01
06-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Except against Djokovic.

Because Djokovic played a brainless match.

bokehlicious
06-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Because Djokovic played a brainless match.

:lol: :awww: :hug:

SheepleBuster
06-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Federer either needs to spill the beans and tell us what we all suspect about certain someone or go back and be the little corporate child he has become to ATP. He has too much at stake so he makes insane comments like he did. We all know what's going on.

Sophocles
06-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Still it goes on. Heroic work by luie, voice of sanity here.

Greatness
06-06-2011, 01:20 PM
6-1 6-3 6-0

That's what Rafa did to Federer in RG 2008 final.
Each successive loss just makes Federer less likely to win RG in a final against Rafa.

asmaridis
06-06-2011, 01:39 PM
6-1 6-3 6-0

That's what Rafa did to Federer in RG 2008 final.
Each successive loss just makes Federer less likely to win RG in a final against Rafa.

Sunday was one of the closest RG finals for Federer against Nadal. Your post makes no sense at all. It's only true because Federer is getting into his 30s.