Which tennis legends will be there tomorrow... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Which tennis legends will be there tomorrow...

theseth1119
06-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Will Borg be there in case Rafa ties him with 6 FO titles?

ApproachShot
06-05-2011, 12:19 AM
McEnroe and Wilander have media duties there and are on site, I believe. I think Borg will try and make it if he can.

tests
06-05-2011, 12:22 AM
McEnroe and Wilander have media duties there and are on site, I believe. I think Borg will try and make it if he can.

Lets just hope the current legends can give a competitive match for the past legends.

Roamed
06-05-2011, 12:23 AM

Wilander isn't there any more, he had to go back home for his daughter's graduation apparently :) And supposedly Borg is doing the trophy presentation! Nastase had doubles so maybe he'll hang around too.

MaxPower
06-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Bjorn Borg said something like "If he ties my record I will be the first one to give him a hug" I don't know about that even if he is still pretty fast for his age.

But yes he will probably try to be there if he can. Always a classy and cool guy and I think the organizers wouldn't mind using him to handover the trophy to the winner :cool:

theseth1119
06-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Although he may not say it publicly, do you think Borg actually wants to hand the winner's trophy to Rogie tomorrow and doesn't ever want to see Rafa even tie him, let alone potentially surpass him?

tests
06-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Although he may not say it publicly, do you think Borg actually wants to hand the winner's trophy to Rogie tomorrow and doesn't ever want to see Rafa even tie him, let alone potentially surpass him?

yea, he probably doesn't. Same with when fed was going to pass borgs 6th wimby slam in a row, until nadal stopped him

theseth1119
06-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Bjorn Borg said something like "If he ties my record I will be the first one to give him a hug" I don't know about that even if he is still pretty fast for his age.

But yes he will probably try to be there if he can. Always a classy and cool guy and I think the organizers wouldn't mind using him to handover the trophy to the winner :cool:

Borg may say that in public, but do you think that in reality he wants Rogie to win in the worst way possible, and also any opponent who faces Rafa in future FOs (especially future FO Fs)?

theseth1119
06-05-2011, 12:30 AM
Yeah I know how competitive I would be if I played tennis and if I had a record like Borg's, I don't want anybody else ever surpassing it.

tennishero
06-05-2011, 12:34 AM
theseth strikes again with another awesome thread

dombrfc
06-05-2011, 12:55 AM
R. Ram

a_boy
06-05-2011, 01:21 AM
I assume Nastase will be there too, because he's been playing and got given a trophy of some kind.

Clay Death
06-05-2011, 01:23 AM
where is vilas?

he has been missing from this RG campaign.

SerialKillerToBe
06-05-2011, 01:59 AM
Borg was probably on suicide watch after he saw Roger beating Nole yesterday.