Has anyone recorded a point on the ATP Ranks? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Has anyone recorded a point on the ATP Ranks?

tjohansson
06-04-2011, 01:10 AM
Has anyone that posts on here recorded a point or anything more on the ATP Rankings?. I can't imagine there is anyone crazy good on here because you wouldn't have time to post on here under a full schedule. Anyone from past or present, It doesn't matter?. I am keen to here stories.

If it isn't ATP, What is your highest claim to fame as a Tennis player?.

I used to play, up to State level in Australia but I never got good enough to go further. I played for around 5 years but pretty much got over it there-after. I've played two ATP Entrants, One former. In Ryan Henry and Chris Guccione, Played Henry in a local tournament in 2001 and i think i lost 6-3 6-2 and I played Guccione in Doubles once at State level, Todd Reid was meant to be his doubles partner but he strained his calf i think it was . I only played with Henry once in Doubles which we one but that was the same local tournament where he beat me in.

gindyo
06-04-2011, 04:51 AM
naah, it's only keyboard warriors around here. Now if you were to ask whether there were people who have never hit a tennis ball, and those people were honest enough to admit it, you will get a pretty good number of responses. :):)
I dont think that anyone who knows what it takes to be a professional tennis player will be able to put up with all the crap being said about different players on these forums.

ballbasher101
06-04-2011, 06:00 AM
naah, it's only keyboard warriors around here. Now if you were to ask whether there were people who have never hit a tennis ball, and those people were honest enough to admit it, you will get a pretty good number of responses. :):)
I dont think that anyone who knows what it takes to be a professional tennis player will be able to put up with all the crap being said about different players on these forums.

We offer constructive criticism and good advice :devil:. We the fans are the real heroes of the sport :worship:.

Dmitry Verdasco
06-04-2011, 06:28 AM
I beat Monika Wejnert in mixed doubles one time

dodo
06-04-2011, 01:07 PM
I beat Monika Wejnert in mixed doubles one time
epic :D

op: there are a few here that play futures and such. groove dude, xristos, scarecrows, maybe more.

Frederick16
06-04-2011, 01:19 PM
I've beaten a crappy swedish WTA Girl 60 in a practice set. And i took 1 game of Vinci indoors also in a practice set!

Roddickominator
06-04-2011, 01:46 PM
heya is Andy Roddick

dodo
06-04-2011, 01:54 PM
heya is Andy Roddick

http://th95.photobucket.com/albums/l158/ilimari/tiny%20icons/th_heart.gif

leng jai
06-04-2011, 02:20 PM
After Xristos wins 10 slams everyone on MTF can have their own ATP point.

Henry Chinaski
06-04-2011, 03:37 PM
scarecrows the Albanian Lion has played Davis Cup and Universidade

Johnny Groove
06-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Not yet.

Saberq
06-04-2011, 04:57 PM
I played tennis for 8 years pretty solid too not on ATP level but still I play OK

TennisLurker
06-10-2011, 01:08 PM
I get killed by people who would get killed by people who would get killed by the worst futures player.

Garson007
06-10-2011, 01:13 PM
heya is Andy Roddick
That makes just too much sense. :o

Pirata.
06-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Xristos trashed a 14 year old girl 6-0 6-0 in about 13 minutes last month :worship:

n8
06-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Not yet.

10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain.

I can only help with one of those, so good luck!

Re topic. I sometimes think about it at night when I'm trying to go to sleep (seriously). Of course it will never happen to me.

Hewitt =Legend
06-10-2011, 02:07 PM
I played with Matt Barton and James Duckworth, never had the serve to progress any further... although managed to get the better of Barton on one occasion...

n8
06-10-2011, 02:14 PM
I played with Matt Barton and James Duckworth, never had the serve to progress any further... although managed to get the better of Barton on one occasion...

Wow. That's pretty cool!

Hewitt =Legend
06-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Wow. That's pretty cool!

Haha cheers mate..:)

They're both doing pretty well now on the tour, especially Duckworth who has shot up to 485 in the rankings. They both weren't the most talented guys growing up in the juniors, just goes to show how much work ethic and training comes into it in the end.

n8
06-10-2011, 02:26 PM
I hope they keep working hard and go a step or two further than the talented bunch of Aussie a few years older than them. How long ago did you beat Barton? Are you his age?

Hewitt =Legend
06-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I hope they keep working hard and go a step or two further than the talented bunch of Aussie a few years older than them. How long ago did you beat Barton? Are you his age?

It would have been about 5 or 6 years ago. I was 16 and he was 14, so I had two years on him and was a little stronger physically. They're both loving Poland at the moment..

Also played a little with Balakrishnan who was always more talented and had all the shots. I think he's injured at the moment, hasn't played for a while.

green25814
06-10-2011, 02:48 PM
I played some juniors tennis, but stopped after a back injury when 17, which made serving REALLY hard. Just decided my body wasn't fit enough for pro sport.

Incidentily, that's why I have a great respect for big servers on tour.

LawrenceOfTennis
06-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Haha. No way buddy. Members on mtf are mostly retard, wannabe experts. I play tennis, but only for my own pleasure and won't ever record any point on atp level because that's damn hard to get.

Ouragan
06-10-2011, 03:22 PM
What? You mean Roger and Rafa aren't regular posters here? I'm quitting!

Super Djoker
06-11-2011, 10:17 AM
My Mum is a Secratry at a Tennis Club , and tried to get me into it at a young age, but she never managed to get me to pick up a racket and tennis was very boring in the early 90,s! I just never saw the apeal ! Probebly wouldent off had the money to get a tennis Career up and running either! You kinda have to be born into tennis! You can,t really have a half decent career unless u start it at about 11 at the latest!

Super Djoker
06-11-2011, 10:38 AM
From about 14 to 22 I tried to make it as a footballer , but was total utter Crap! Lol . Wish I tried tennis now cus i am actually not that bad at it for someone who,s played it less than 2 years, I am a pretty good Volleyer (for my experience) alright forehand , fairly solid backhand, and sometimes a good serve. Alas it,s all hindsight !