Esther Vergeer [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Esther Vergeer

tjohansson
06-03-2011, 11:10 PM
I posted something on her a while ago remarking the remarkable.

For anyone who doesn't know her She is an absolute freak of a Wheelchair Tennis Player.

Has the largest winning streak of any sport that I am aware of being at 419 and 0 after her French Open Win. (In Undefeated in Singles since 2003)

Meaning, She's won EVERY singles events in Grand Slam or Masters Series Events (Which dates back to 1998). She's won every event in Paralympic Games or Wheelchair Tennis Masters Events as well.

And has only ever lost twice in Doubles, losing in the Final both times once at the French Open last year and she lost in the World Tennis Masters doubles in 2000.

Absolutely Superhuman that girl!.

Quite easily the most ridiculous feat in any sport. Will She ever lose again?.

Certinfy
06-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Is it fair to say: Vergeer > Federer? :shrug:

tjohansson
06-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Also noting, She's only lost once since 2001 also.

Orka_n
06-03-2011, 11:33 PM
She is a legend. The first time I watched the following video I almost cried.

jbk4QZkZ06E

Kolya
06-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Jahangir Khan won 555 matches in a row in squash.

He said, "The pressure began to mount as I kept winning every time and people were anxious to see if I could be beaten. In that World Open final, Ross got me. It was exactly five years and eight months. I was unbeaten for another nine months after that defeat."

She can overtake this though :yeah:

Sunset of Age
06-04-2011, 11:42 AM
She's fantastic. If you know her story of getting that back injury which eventually left her legs paralysed, the result of a very risky surgery she needed to undergo at her spinal cord as a kid - what a determination to become such a great athlete. :worship:
A very nice lady, too. The big pride of her birthtown, which happens to also be mine. :)

Pirata.
06-05-2011, 03:30 AM
She is so amazing :worship:

True GOAT.

straitup
06-05-2011, 03:34 AM
She is absolutely ridiculous...just keep waiting for her to lose and she never does. Incredible. There's a good video of her rallying with Rafa, she looked good