Welcome to grass 2011 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Welcome to grass 2011

Fat Camel
06-03-2011, 09:22 PM
So it starts by qualy of Queen's club.

Not easy draw (but nowadays nothing is easy for Arnaud). Clement is 3rd seed and faces Rajeev Ram in the first round, dangerous opponent on grass, he took the Newport title in 2009.
Two WC's from GBR in the second, and maybe huge-serving Wolmarans in the 3rd.

Tomorrow Arnie plays first at 10.00 English time.

Allez!!!

soulage
06-03-2011, 09:53 PM
We will take your thread ;) So i was saying that Arno is not very lucky with QD of 250 lately as He draws Rajeev Ram in first round well that guy he's not a very good player but grass is his best surface and with his big serve he can win a match on grass without playing well. An english WC would have been better to start. Well good luck to him against Ram and his serve :o

Fat Camel delete your post in my thread then i may delete the thread go in Edit your post and choose delete

Fat Camel
06-03-2011, 09:56 PM
We will take your thread ;) So i was saying that Arno is not very lucky with QD of 250 lately as He draws Rajeev Ram in first round well that guy he's not a very good player but grass is his best surface and with his big serve he can win a match on grass without playing well. An english WC would have been better to start. Well good luck to him against Ram and his serve :o

Fat Camel delete your post in my thread then i may delete the thread go in Edit your post and choose delete

Thanks!

Fortunately, i know how to delete posts ;)

soulage
06-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Yes deleting thread is impossible but now the thread will be ignore now going back on grass subject :D

As you said a tricky draw with big servers who play well on grass well at least who win some matches on grass :lol: Then there is still have the question of his body of his injuries. Pity his double ranking is so bad and he can't enter doubles going to Roehampton without a win would not be easy. He should not be seed there with his current ranking.

Fat Camel
06-03-2011, 10:17 PM
He needs to do well in qualy to prove Wimbledon organizers that he deserves the WC. I'm obsessed with this WC subject, always thinking o f his chances getting one :)

Fat Camel
06-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Stupid scoreboard, Arnie is on the farthest court - the only one where it's always frozen. :devil:

He has 6-3 3-6 3-0 now. Every set Clement made an early break, but was broken back in both previous sets.Hope this won't repeat in the last, i'm waiting for some change for about 20 minutes, i won't be surprised if the next scorboard will be when the match finishes:lol:

Unfortunately, Ram has a very good 1st serve %, but anyway Arnaud returns quite good as i see from stats.

Nooo...New scoreboard have just released. Clement leads 5-4, was broken back again!

Lesliem
06-04-2011, 11:21 AM
The score is now frozen with 3 match points for Arnaud in the tie break ! They want us to become crazy !?

Edit : The match is finished but we don't have the winner...

Fat Camel
06-04-2011, 11:26 AM
The score is now frozen with 3 match points for Arnaud in the tie break ! They want us to become crazy !?

Edit : The match is finished but we don't have the winner...

I'm already crazy!! :devil:

10 minutes waiting at this 6-3, drank a cup of tea, and then it all disappeared and didn't appear in the result list!

Lesliem
06-04-2011, 11:55 AM
I hope he won, he was leading in each set and in the tie break ! For the confidence a loss would be tough :(

The 2nd round is this afternoon, isn't it ? We'll see if Arnaud's name appears on the scoreboard :D

soulage
06-04-2011, 01:12 PM
It seems it was a classic match for Arno :lol: He forgot how to close the match. It was a bit long for a grass match no :confused: Well he could be tired. His opponent is 18 yo :eek: :lol: so more fresh :devil: I never heard of that Morgan but Arno will need to be focus and 2 match in one days god they are tough with our veteran

Fat Camel
06-04-2011, 01:14 PM
He won!!! :worship:

Next should be easier, i hope! He'll play with british 18-old WC George Morgan, he's 986 in the world.

Fat Camel
06-04-2011, 01:51 PM
He plays again in some minutes. So, Soulage, that was even better that he got Ram in the first match, not the second in one day ;)

Hope his body is ok. I really don't understand, why they can't start the qualy on Friday? He just finished the tough game :o
Allez!

Fat Camel
06-04-2011, 03:12 PM
When he was leading 6-1 3-1 i thought it would be an easy win, but no...
He had 5-3, 5 mp, 3 in a row, but missed everything and lost his serve afterwards...5-5 now:mad:

soulage
06-04-2011, 03:12 PM
As i was watching womens final i follow on scoreboard and Arno missed 5 MP on the teenager's serve and now from 5-3 in the second set it's 5-5. He may have missed his chance the old body could not held the distance and if we add frustration :o. How he can miss all this chances :eek:

The serve of Arno is very doubtful and now the teenager seem more confident on serve that at the beginning. That's not a good sign

soulage
06-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Well it was a big choke poor serves stats and a bit lucky that is only a teenager in front of him :angel:. I'm sure he was tired two matches in a day for a guy who played so few lately is tough we will try to retain only the win and not the 4/13 :help: on BP and the choke

Fat Camel
06-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Thank God he won finally 6-1 7-6(5)! First straight set vicroty since beating Kukushkin in Zagreb:yeah: Doesn't matter that the opponent was a teenager :lol:

Now let's hope Wolmarans and Monroe will play maximum sets possible. They are on court for almost 2 hours, but 2nd set isn't finished yet!

Fat Camel
06-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Yes, exactly what i wanted. Monroe won 7-6 6-7 7-6, playing 2 hours and 59 minutes. And of these two he is not the big server (177 sm), the oldest one, and surely also will be tired tomorrow.

So good chance for Arnaud to qualify! :)
(Devvarman, Schuettler, Paire and Kukushkin for qualifiers in the 1st round).

The game is tomorrow 11.00 English time.

Fat Camel
06-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Raining in England again..

Arnaud has 6-3 4-3 30-15. Again struggling on bp (2 of 7), with Monroe it's ok, but farther it can be crucial. Only 39 % of 1st serve in the 1st set, but he improved to 75 in the second.

Hope he'll close this after rain stops. THis should be finally a routine win for Arnie.

Lesliem
06-05-2011, 01:26 PM
He won ! :D impressive stats except his 1st serve but even with a low percentage of serve he won most of the points !

soulage
06-05-2011, 02:58 PM
The rain comes back with the grass season :lol: it must not be easy to have good grass courts with the hot spring we had :confused:.
Well not great stats on serves but again not a very good opponent so no problems. Good job :yeah: he doesnt have his elbow protection today maybe a bit better on that point

soulage
06-05-2011, 04:43 PM
It seems that another rain delay stopped others Q Matches so we still don't know his opponent. Some words of Arno was reported on his facebook

« Autant de victoires en deux jours que depuis le début de l'année ! Autant vous dire que çà fait plaisir et du bien aussi de retrouver le gazon. Physiquement, je me sens très bien. J'étais un peu mort hier soir après avoir enchainé deux matchs mais ce matin, aucun problème ! Maintenant, je vais débuter le tournoi principal avec de bons repères... »

Still hi sense of humour saying he won more matches in three days than during all season :lol: He was tired yesterday evening after he played two matches but was OK this morning.

Funny quote with that pic http://twitpic.com/57f2p2 Poor girl if she wasn't talking :lol: We can't change him :tape:

Filo V.
06-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Arnaud took advantage of the easy draw and qualified. He'll have chances to win a few MD matches also depending on the draw he gets. Hopefully the grass brings forth better results.

Fat Camel
06-05-2011, 06:18 PM
He plays vs Paire - he's beatable. He lost to him this year, but it was on clay :)
Cilic in the second round is also quite good option, remember Wimby 2008:yeah: And Marin isn't in a good form.

So i like the draw, allez Arnaud!!

Kezzi
06-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Now I regret not going to queens. :p I'd love to see the match vs Paire.
Anyway, I'll just stalk the Halle Bundesliga team for the days when Arnaud plays. :lol:

soulage
06-05-2011, 07:08 PM
I hate when two of my faves play each others :o and their last match was poor

well Benoit is so excting to see most of the time not always of course :lol: I'm not sure grass is his cup of tea but he has the serve to do well. For Arno it's already good to have qualify but i would have prefer a better draw :(

Kezzi
06-05-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm happy with the draw, he could have drawn a worse first round opponent. Queens has such a strong field. :eek:
That's why I also didn't understand that he chose that over Halle, cause to me Halle looks much easier.

Fat Camel
06-05-2011, 07:18 PM
I'm happy with the draw, he could have drawn a worse first round opponent. Queens has such a strong field. :eek:
That's why I also didn't understand that he choose that over Halle, cause to me Halle looks much easier.

And also two wins at Queen's means the same as 1 in Halle, cause it's a 64 players draw, but same points, it should be at least ATP 500.:(

He plays tomorrow on the court 2 in the second match of the day (first starts at 12.30 English time). I will be off house, hate when can't watch the scoreboard.

soulage
06-05-2011, 08:02 PM
That's why I also didn't understand that he choose that over Halle, cause to me Halle looks much easier.
I don't like the draw because i want both to win but of course then it's quite good one as Benoit is the last DE.It 50-50 imo

Halle would have been a better choice to win points that's obvious. Well tough to know why he choose to play Queen's instead of Halle or Nottingham challenger :confused:

Via
06-06-2011, 11:32 AM
gosh i must be ignorant about tennis these days. i thought that queen's qualifying field looked weaker than a challenger tourney, as far as arno is concerned :eek:

he wouldn't get opponents like those if he's playing an aus open warm up tourney, me think.....

(btw thanks for all the updates, like most blissfully ignorant fans i was focused on the finals in the weekend! :p)

Filo V.
06-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Arno has a great draw. A QF I think is very possible should he play well.

Fat Camel
06-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Good win for Arnaud 7-5 6-3!:worship: Impressed with his 71 % first serves in - much better then in qualies! Broke to love Paire in the last game.:)

If he keeps serving like this - Clement obviously has a good chance vs Cilic!

soulage
06-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Benoit take a medical time out according this twitter http://twitter.com/#!/hussandchips you can read some of her comments on that match.

Lesliem
06-07-2011, 08:32 AM
I can't believe it ! Arno anounced on his facebook that he got a WC for Wimbledon !!! :worship:

Fat Camel
06-07-2011, 09:04 AM
I can't believe it ! Arno anounced on his facebook that he got a WC for Wimbledon !!! :worship:

Yeeeesss!!! Yeeeess!!!! :yeah:
So happy for him!!

Lesliem
06-07-2011, 11:16 AM
As he received a WC for Wimbly...Do you know if Arnaud can play St Herto or Eastbourne's qualies ?

soulage
06-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Not totally unexpected as Wimbledon WC are always fun but a little bit surprising tbh. Well that's a good opportunity to play again a GS his 54th indeed :worship: while the qualies are tough especially as a non seeds player. Then for the points it's not the best option but i'm sure he prefers to avoid Roehampton :lol:

He will surely play the qualies of Eastbourn or s'Hertogenbosh next week. Well for the moment the Queen's still going on.

soulage
06-07-2011, 11:24 AM
As he received a WC for Wimbly...Do you know if Arnaud can play St Herto or Eastbourne's qualies ?
Imo he will try one of them as if lost tomorrow it would a too long break. But he can also feels tired he already play more matches than last three months :lol: We'll see. Adrian plays S'Hertogenbosh and Nico and Flo are alt in the two.

Lesliem
06-07-2011, 11:31 AM
ok thanks for your answer...I wasn't sure he can decide just one week before to play there but that's good news :D

soulage
06-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Both are 250 tournaments so no qualies entry list, players can enter the QD until the last day. They only have to sign for it.

Filo V.
06-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Happy to see they rewarded Arno for his previous Wimbledon performances! Things are all of a sudden looking a lot brighter than just a few weeks ago :)

Kezzi
06-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Omg, that's great news!!! :cheerleader:
I hope he chooses 's-Hertogenbosch. :D

Fat Camel
06-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Omg, that's great news!!! :cheerleader:
I hope he chooses 's-Hertogenbosch. :D

Let's hope he wouldn't enter the qualies of these 2 tournaments because he'll still be at Queen's on Saturday ;)

Fat Camel
06-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Good luck everyone on watching Arnaud tomorrow at 12.30 English time on Center Court! :wavey:

I'll be out for all day long...:(

Via
06-08-2011, 12:25 AM
yes wimbledon is often surprising... but since they have a number of wc, and no rules such as reciprical slam nominees, they are free to choose whoever they fancy ;)

still it's kind of amazing that two slams now both fancy helping arno :lol:

soulage
06-08-2011, 03:48 PM
46/46

I watched parts of the start of the match and it was bad :help: at least in the early stages. At one point Arno said c'est monstrueux de jouer comme ça :lol: . He was slow on his legs doing some exercises to woke up his body, he had no sensations on the groundstroke doing many UE it as if he was sleepy or nervous :confused:. Cilic was not better so it was exchange of breaks and a low level match :zzz:. Arno played better :) at the end of that set but the same for Marin who concluded the set on a good service game. Then I continue to put an eye on the scoreboard and the match was interrupted by rain at 2-2, 30/30 in the second set so Arno was surely under pressure when play resumes even if I know nothing of the second part of the match. Well it was a bad match and he can have regrets on his poor start. Not the kind of matches who makes the Wimbledon WC logical :devil:.

From what i saw it was not great I don't know how he was playing previous rounds but today not enough for main level tour Arno himself was irritated by his game arguing against his errors. He can improve on the UE on the legs but i noticed that his second serve is weaker that he was used to be. Not great placement less power well he’s even more on pressure than past years on that shot. This shoulder has really reduce his serve capacity which was already not fabulous :sad: Next should be qualies this week-end and training to find a better level :angel: We'll hope good draws and good form.

As he has no more racket endorsement he has a new bag and it doesn't look like a professional one :lol:

Via
06-08-2011, 04:03 PM
As he has no more racket endorsement he has a new bag and it doesn't look like a professional one :lol:

nooo.... :sobbing: that's the worst part of your report! lol

soulage
06-08-2011, 06:33 PM
I will try to find a pic of that bag in my records

Arnaud post match words posted on his social networks. He says that he regrets his bad start which costs him a lot i tottally agree. Playing a player of the level of Cilic help him to see what he must work. He announces that he'll go in s'Hertogenbosh to play the qualies.

All the text in french « Dommage ! Une mauvaise entame de match qui me coûte cher. En tout cas cela fait du bien de rencontrer un joueur de ce niveau sur gazon, çà me donne quelques repères sur les points que je dois encore améliorer ! Maintenant direction la Hollande ou je participe aux qualifications de l'Unicef Open ! Merci à tous pour vos messages et encouragements ! »

Kezzi
06-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Isn't it the dark blue lacoste bag with the big white crocodile on it?

And he's coming to Rosmalen.:cheerleader: Does anyone know if they have byes like last year? Cause if they do, I don't know if it makes sense to go on Saturday. Last year pretty low ranked players got byes as well.

soulage
06-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Isn't it the dark blue lacoste bag with the big white crocodile on it?

I'm speaking of his racket bag you know he had a head one a wilson one but this one no idea :confused: I will manage to find a capture of that bag

And he's coming to Rosmalen.:cheerleader: Does anyone know if they have byes like last year? Cause if they do, I don't know if it makes sense to go on Saturday. Last year pretty low ranked players got byes as well.
You means in qualies ? I think you can't know before the QD.

Kezzi
06-08-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm speaking of his racket bag you know he had a head one a wilson one but this one no idea :confused: I will manage to find a capture of that bag

You means in qualies ? I think you can't know before the QD.
He has a lacoste bag as well, though I don't know if he only used it in training. Will try to find it in my photo's, I must have a pic of it somewhere.
*found it, see attachment* He used it for his match as well, was 's-Herto 2008.

Yes, last year there were byes in qualies, but they didn't do it every year.
I will just have to keep Saturday and Sunday open then.

soulage
06-08-2011, 09:10 PM
He has a lacoste bag as well, though I don't know if he only used it in training. Will try to find it in my photo's, I must have a pic of it somewhere.
He gets this one but also a thermobag. I just transfered the streaming recording i made at work from me USB key to my PC and it's funny because i forgot to stop the recording and i got all the rain delay and a bit of murray on my video :lol: well i found a moment where we see it quite well but it was a streaming so poor capture. I add it on attechements. Did you ever see this racketbag ?

Yes, last year there were byes in qualies, but they didn't do it every year.
I will just have to keep Saturday and Sunday open then.
yes sometimes not enough players so there byes.

Kezzi
06-08-2011, 09:21 PM
No I never saw it before, maybe I will see it in 's-Herto. :p

soulage
06-09-2011, 08:46 AM
an article in lequipe today i'll try a summary cos some interestings things later but you can already that he did an infiltration on his elbow after RG :sad:

A little summary
He makes fun because he has been lobbed by a kicked serve of Marin :lol: About the injuries he says he can't complain as he has been not too much injured along his carreer that's why he has some problems to manage about that now. He received an infiltration on his elbow after RG and the shoulder is not fabulous either. He says that actually sometimes he asked himself during a match why he was there. During this doubtful moments he can't prevent himself to think about his current level and the level he had in the past.
He asked for the WC for Wimbledon but it was not obvious because last year he made reproaches to the organization about the scheduling about the doubles match with Nico even if he says that for him he stayed correct in his attitude despite his critics. He's touched by that WC as he was far away from the cut and so as we know he'll go in s'Hertogenbosh.

http://images4.hiboox.com/images/2311/10632ee1d4ecdada884385269c25bd32.jpg (http://www.hiboox.fr/go/images/divers/eq906,10632ee1d4ecdada884385269c25bd32.jpg.html)

Lesliem
06-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Arnaud won his 1st qualification match against Kadir : 6/3; 3/6; 6/2 ;)

60% 1st serve - 2 break points saved on 4 and 4 break points converted on 7.

Maybe Kezzi was there !? :D

(Next round against Peya.)

Kezzi
06-11-2011, 05:58 PM
No I wasn't but I will be tomorrow, this tournament is ridiculously expensive. They don't sell groundtickets, so it will probably be €30 just to see Arnaud. :rolleyes: They have such a crappy list and still think they are Wimbledon. :facepalm: It's the golddigger of tennis tournaments. If Arnaud wasn't there I wouldn't go. It used to be fun there, but they make it very difficult for students and other fans with less money. I really hope they don't get enough visitors this year, so that they are threatened with losing their licence like the Amersfoort tournament. :tape:

soulage
06-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Arnaud won his 1st qualification match against Kadir : 6/3; 3/6; 6/2 ;)

60% 1st serve - 2 break points saved on 4 and 4 break points converted on 7.

Maybe Kezzi was there !? :D

(Next round against Peya.)
Losing a set to Kadir :eek: Well he won :lol: Peya like Ram last week is more focus on his double carreer but as the skills to do well on grass with good serve and net game then he's not a fabulous player :lol: but losing a set to the unknown player leads to be careful :scratch: Good luck for tomorrow :)

No I wasn't but I will be tomorrow, this tournament is ridiculously expensive. They don't sell groundtickets, so it will probably be €30 just to see Arnaud. :rolleyes:
30€ :eek: God They could do a special prize for qualies and when you look at the OOP nothing exciting on main courts :sad: I hope you'll see Arno and he will play good level for that prize :angel:

On the ATP site they listed the actives players with the more wins on grass http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2011/06/23/Shark-Bites-Grass-Court-Leaders.aspx Arnaud in good position except Nadal and Murray all the others are around 30 yo.

and i just see that Arno missed the cut for doubles in Wimbledon for one spot http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=184465 He was signed up with Dlouhy.

Via
06-12-2011, 07:56 AM
No I wasn't but I will be tomorrow, this tournament is ridiculously expensive. They don't sell groundtickets, so it will probably be €30 just to see Arnaud. :rolleyes: They have such a crappy list and still think they are Wimbledon. :facepalm: It's the golddigger of tennis tournaments. If Arnaud wasn't there I wouldn't go. It used to be fun there, but they make it very difficult for students and other fans with less money. I really hope they don't get enough visitors this year, so that they are threatened with losing their licence like the Amersfoort tournament. :tape:

oh i love the new icons! :facepalm: :superlol:

i hope you'll see arno. €30 is on par with tournaments here if not a ground pass. i think some asian tournaments charge even more... but then tennis there is for the rich and elite :unsure:

Kezzi
06-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Did you take a look at the entry list? :eek: in qualies there weren't even enough players, cause I can't think of another reason for Lux to enter. He's Begemanns coach and doesn't even have a singles ranking :facepalm:
I don't think €30 is normal for a day where mostly qualies are still played and you don't have a choice to buy groundtickets. :tape: If you look at Halle you have several choices, depends on where you want to sit and they sell groundtickets for €10. Which is very cheap, cause they always have an amazing show program next to the tennis. Rotterdam also is cheaper cause they sell day and evening sessions separately.
Anyway, we are here and we saw Arnaud practice with Mahut. Now we are hanging around waiting for his match to start. :yawn:

Fat Camel
06-12-2011, 03:25 PM
He won 6\2 6\3! I Hope you enjoyed the match, Kezzi! :)

Now please, don't draw Arnaud with Malisse. The second half has three spots, and all of them are very good, put him there..

soulage
06-12-2011, 04:17 PM
He gets Baghdatis well Marcos is not in the shape of his like but always tough more than Gabashvili :lol:. He's seed 2 there they'll play tomorrow afternoon on center court so streaming available.

It's good he already managed to qualify for the MD and good luck for tomorrow.

Kezzi
06-12-2011, 07:34 PM
I really enjoyed the match. Arnaud made a really funny point. He slipped when he was close to the net and then he wanted to get up again, but saw the ball coming back at him. So he just sat there and returned. Then he got up and Peya's return went out. :lol:
At some point I was a bit scared for him, because both weren't playing their best and since Arnaud played on his favorite court (#3, 2 years ago it was the court with too little linesmen, ballkids, etc) he was complaining quite some times. And the lineswoman who called the serve seemed to be blind. We sat across of her and saw a few balls in which she called out and also the other way around. Other people in the audience agreed with Arnaud most of the time on those calls, but the umpire never overruled. :rolleyes: Luckily she also made mistakes when the serves where actually out. Peya also had 3 foot faults, but I believe those. He gets really close to the baseline when serving. But overall he was happy on court and he also said his shoulder is doing much better. :)
In the second set Serra, Mannarino and someone I don't know joined Boris to cheer for Arnaud.

soulage
06-12-2011, 08:49 PM
It's nice you enjoyed your day despite the 30€ ;) and it's good you spoke with him :D after a win surely he's surely more talkative. The other guy with Flo and Adrian was maybe Olivier Ramos the other coach no ?
The way you reported the linewoman story makes it really funny :lol: On center court they have hawk eye i think so he shouldn't have problems with blind linewoman :lol:

On the Nos website we can see extract of his finals in 2002 in 2003 vs Schalken. It's fun to watch almost ten years after.

http://nos.nl/video/246506-2002-schalken-wint-op-gras-rosmalen.html
http://nos.nl/video/246653-2003-schalken-wint-weer-in-rosmalen.html

Fat Camel
06-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Thank you Kezzi for report and Soulage for videos! ;) I don't remember when i saw some Clement's highlights the last time...It's like a new holiday :rolleyes:

Via
06-13-2011, 12:36 AM
Did you take a look at the entry list? :eek: in qualies there weren't even enough players, cause I can't think of another reason for Lux to enter. He's Begemanns coach and doesn't even have a singles ranking :facepalm:
I don't think €30 is normal for a day where mostly qualies are still played and you don't have a choice to buy groundtickets. :tape: If you look at Halle you have several choices, depends on where you want to sit and they sell groundtickets for €10. Which is very cheap, cause they always have an amazing show program next to the tennis. Rotterdam also is cheaper cause they sell day and evening sessions separately.
Anyway, we are here and we saw Arnaud practice with Mahut. Now we are hanging around waiting for his match to start. :yawn:

no i did not, nor the daily schedule. just comparing with an average ticket on an average day here. if the entire day is qualies, the day's free.

like i said before, the fields in these wimbledon warm ups look surprisingly weak. so some players still think grass is for cows? lol

these days if we can see arno, and arno wins too, the ticket is priceless ;)

Kezzi
06-13-2011, 08:35 AM
Maybe that's my mistake, I compare it to other tournaments I visit and their focus is on the visitors. Halle even offered discounts for next year, cause Federer withdrew. In Rosmalen at least half of the people are invited by the sponsors and center court is almost empty most of the time. Yesterday Arnaud was more popular than Hanescu - Dodig's first round on center. They concentrated on the wta this year an because they got Clijsters, they couldn't even offer Stako enough to defend his title. And if someone's not interested in money, it's him. But this year there's no challenge for these players, other people already sarcastically wondered if they put clay there when seeing the entry list. :p I think Arnaud has pretty good chances here if he gets past Baghdatis.

But you're right, seeing Arnaud's happy face is priceless. :D

soulage
06-13-2011, 01:42 PM
from 4-1* up to 4-5* down :sad: What he shows in first games was interesting since Marcos woke up and Arno's first serve left him

finally lost that set 6/7(4) missed a good chance there

Kezzi
06-13-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm watching on stream :sad:
I hope he can fight back. Allez Arnaud! :cheerleader:

Fat Camel
06-13-2011, 02:40 PM
He double faulted twice in the lost service game in the second set. :sad:

Last three games on Baghdatis serve it was 0-30 0-30 15-30, but then one close rally and good serves by Marcos :( Grenelmayr, Gabashvili, Volandri - all are in the second round of a grass tournament, and Arnaud is out...So pity.

soulage
06-13-2011, 02:51 PM
I missed most of that second set but the scenario looks a bit like in their match last year in IW.

Arno demonstrated good things during the first set but he missed from some good serves at the crucial moments to confort his lead. This first set was really a missed opportunity by Arno. The level was really more interesting than against Cilic but Arno remains fragile on his own service due often to a second serve who seems an offering for his opponent :p. Well pity for that match and pity for that draw :o.

soulage
06-13-2011, 02:58 PM
( Grenelmayr, Gabashvili, Volandri - all are in the second round of a grass tournament, and Arnaud is out...So pity.
Yes :rolleyes: with the draw of Kravchuk he could have go far away and win points. The level of Arno has improved but his ranking go down he could be around 180# after Wim :help:

Well that's tennis :) next match in Wimbledon next week.

Kezzi
06-13-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm sad he lost. :awww: At first I expected him to play on Tuesday, because of his qualifying match yesterday. Maybe it would have been better if he had a day of rest. But who knows? Now he can stay for practice with Nico and go far at Wimbledon. :)

soulage
06-13-2011, 06:50 PM
I don't think he was tired. In his post match analysis on his facebook http://www.facebook.com/arnaudclementofficiel/posts/195860957128605 He's stresses that his serve has been too much irregular today that's so tue. He says he will train and will go in Wimbldeon on friday.

During the match I spotted Flo, Nico, Boris and Ramos and it seems he had a really racket bag today :lol:

Kezzi
06-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Yes, he also had a head racket bag yesterday. :)
I hope he does well at Wimbledon :cheerleader:

Via
06-14-2011, 12:48 AM
Maybe that's my mistake, I compare it to other tournaments I visit and their focus is on the visitors. Halle even offered discounts for next year, cause Federer withdrew. In Rosmalen at least half of the people are invited by the sponsors and center court is almost empty most of the time. Yesterday Arnaud was more popular than Hanescu - Dodig's first round on center. They concentrated on the wta this year an because they got Clijsters, they couldn't even offer Stako enough to defend his title. And if someone's not interested in money, it's him. But this year there's no challenge for these players, other people already sarcastically wondered if they put clay there when seeing the entry list. :p I think Arnaud has pretty good chances here if he gets past Baghdatis.

gosh that doesn't sound bright for summer tennis. here in january, we are regularly full to the brim. maybe because there're cheap ground passes, people are just out for a good time. we don't have strong aussie players, and little tv coverage for the rest of the year. the local tennis courts are empty. tennis is just going down the drain.

Grenelmayr, Gabashvili, Volandri - all are in the second round of a grass tournament, and Arnaud is out...So pity.

:eek: really is weak

well at least wimbledon is next and i'll see some free tennis on large screen :worship:

soulage
06-17-2011, 11:18 AM
When you look at the semi-final line up in Eastbourne and Rosmalen you can feel regrets :sad:

Wimbledon draw is out but we still don't know his opponent who will be a qualifier or a LL. Some are really good we'll see if he can avoid them :unsure: He's in Nadal's half so he's sheduled to play on monday but with rain not sure about that. The forecast doesn't look very good for that first day. I listen the podcast of Carrement tennis yesterday and since his loss vs Baggy Arno was coming back in Paris where he was training on hardcourt in RG as we are friday he must be in or near London now.

Just look at double draw with Dlouhy they finally make it and play Haase/Skupski first round

Fat Camel
06-17-2011, 11:23 AM
And Tipsy or Dr. Ivo in the second, he can beat both, we know.

Interesting draw, good memories when you look at this. Reminds a bit Clement's amazing Wimby 2008 with Roddick, Schuettler, Tipsarevic, Clement near each other. Hoping fairytail to repeat. ;)

soulage
06-18-2011, 09:30 PM
According other posters he'll face Kubot. He avoids Dancevic that's a good point then that's not the best draw not the worst. Kubot is more a clay court player but he's in confidence with his run in RG and in a good day he has a decent level of play but he can also play crappy :lol: No opinion for the moment :lol: anyway we are cheering for Arno :cheerleader:

Kezzi
06-18-2011, 09:43 PM
We are always cheering for Arnaud, Allez!! :cheerleader:

Fat Camel
06-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Don't like this..
Last time he was easily beaten by Kubot, but that was on clay. But hope he lost only because of a surface, fortunately it's still grass at Wimby and Kubot wasn't very good at Roehampton.

Allez Arnaud!! :)

Fat Camel
06-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Arnaud plays tomorrow 3rd on Court 15, the last match of the day (play starts at 12.00 English time on that court).

soulage
06-19-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm afraid it's not a tv court :sad: Tomorrow should be wet and cold the match should start late if it starts :unsure:.

Via
06-19-2011, 11:49 PM
i was hoping for the off chance that he'll draw an aussie. oh well.

good luck!

soulage
06-20-2011, 06:08 PM
It looks like we won't see more tennis from outside courts today. Kubot is serving for the first set *5-4 15-15 :sad: Well tomorrow is another day :angel:

Via
06-21-2011, 02:59 PM
omg it's a five setter, but i have to go to bed.

Kezzi
06-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Unfortunately a lost five setter :sad:

soulage
06-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Except vs Baggy I think he lost almost all his five sets match past years :o today 46/26/63/75/46 :sad: Five setter are painful :(

Can he have regrets on that match :confused: no idea of his mindset atm. It seems that the restart has been tough today considering the score of the second set. I looked a bit on the board and I think he was 4-1 double break up in the fourth set to see Kubot come back at 4-4 then I left the scoreboard to find again a connexion in the middle of the fifth. Unfortunately he was broken in the last game of the match at 4-5 while he was well came back from 00-30 down to 40-30 :o. A battle but no win at the end :sad: pity for that break in the first set and the slow restart today as Grand Slams mean so much that's loss is probably more tough for him.

They will try some consolation in doubles their opponents are a quite good team let's play and see

Lesliem
06-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Arno very angry by his level of play after the match http://www.fft.fr/wimbledon/2011/?ID=7467

He doesn't care about the five sets, for him there was nothing good today...That's strange his stats are not awful with many winners, a few unforced errors (maybe a bug with the stats) but we didn't have any live stream so it's difficult to judge :sad:

soulage
06-21-2011, 05:45 PM
He sounds very irritated :eek: very frustrated by what he did on court :sad: For the stats of the board not sure they are reliable this scoreboard is a real joke :o Arno was looking very positiv and happy in his last messages that loss must be cruel for him :hug:

Kezzi
06-21-2011, 06:10 PM
:awww:
:hug: for Arnaud

Marine
06-21-2011, 08:42 PM
OMG his interview ! :eek:
Ok that's sad to hear, but I must admit I listened to it 2 times and I laughed so much...it's typically arnaud ! :lol:
He's the only player I know who's able to be as rude about himself. He never finds excuses, never says it was not bad...so "c'était nul" !!!!
and the "ouai ouai ouai"... aw arnaud :hug:

Via
06-21-2011, 11:57 PM
poor old legs. he must have fought mighty hard to come back from two sets down.

i was perplexed by the stats too, he served some 8 aces, many more winners than unforced errors, and that's in the middle of the 4th set :confused: however all his winning % were lower than kubot's :lol:

soulage
06-22-2011, 07:35 AM
reading lequipe today is not better he was absolutely furious when he left the court :sad: His friends DIP , Roux and Forget was in the crowd.
We can believe that now he could be less afected by losses but not Arno not in GS

Fat Camel
06-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Again lost 5-setter :sad:

Now he'll be even lower in rankings...USOpen won't surely give him WC, so it'll be very hard to evite the qualy:( Poor Arnaud, this could be the great win for his confidence.

soulage
06-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Now he'll be even lower in rankings...USOpen won't surely give him WC, so it'll be very hard to evite the qualy:( Poor Arnaud, this could be the great win for his confidence.
He will get his worst ranking since the late 90' around 170# :sad: For the WC i'm wondering if the one in Wim is not one reason to be so mad about his loss vs Kubot. I mean he received one so he was surely expect more from himself to show that he was deserving one. That's sad to see how he's affected by that one.

Well the qualies are not easy but he will be his job now. If this loss didn't change his mind i think he will not take holiday for the moment. His schedule should be Newport qualies, Granby challenger and Atlanta qualies. I'm not sure about that but it could be that but things can change fastly and he has still to play doubles in Wimbledon and i don't know what to think about this association :confused: :lol: .

soulage
06-22-2011, 08:55 PM
they are scheduled tomorrow for doubles and he posted another frustrated message about his match on his facebook :sad: Fy Kubot beats Dr Ivo in three sets today

Fat Camel
06-23-2011, 04:03 AM
Can't stop thinking about this loss... :(
So good draw, out of forn Karlovic, Monfils on grass...:sad:

soulage
06-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Skupski says on his twitter that rain is expected today and that doubles will be best of three sets today as far i understand :confused:

All 1st round Men's Doubles matches at #wimbledon today are 3 set matches instead of 5 due to the bad weather. Rain expected today. http://twitter.com/#!/k_skupski

Filo V.
06-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Very sad to see Arno losing after fighting back so well, and not taking the match in the end :sad:

He's been very unfortunate these last two majors v Berrer and Kubot, only been a couple of points that makes the difference. Unfortunately it makes the difference in his ranking as well.

On the bright side, he's less than 200 points from the top 100. So a run of good form can get him back there. He definitely needs some good results before the USO.

Hopefully he does well in doubles with Dlouhy and can gain some positive energy from them :)

Fat Camel
06-23-2011, 03:56 PM
They won the first match 6-4 6-2!! :)

Kezzi
06-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Arnaud and Dlouhy won the second round in 4 sets, 2-6, 6-3, 7-6(1), 6-4. :D

Fat Camel
06-25-2011, 02:51 PM
I' m starting to hate this. The draw is really open for Kubot...And now Lopez whom Arnaud beat last two times in Bercy. This really could be Arnaud's Wimby :(

Kezzi
06-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Well, there's nothing to do about it anymore. So let's hope it will be his wimbledon in doubles again. :)

Fat Camel
06-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Good news for doubles at least!
Granollers\Robredo next.

Kezzi
06-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Ohhh, they should win. Stako lost to them, so can't lose another favorite to this team :p

soulage
06-25-2011, 03:54 PM
I' m starting to hate this. The draw is really open for Kubot...And now Lopez whom Arnaud beat last two times in Bercy. This really could be Arnaud's Wimby :(
Poor boy. Well it's not because Arnaud would have beaten Kubot that he would have beat Karlovic and Gael ;) We can't remake the story

Good job from Arno and Lukas against the two old indians :D. Granollers and Robredo was in semi here last year with this surface which is more slow each year :rolleyes: Saw on twitter than Arno is feeling good and always sweet outside a court http://twitter.com/#!/AlsTheGreat/statuses/84636506433650688

Spotted: A super friendly Arnaud Clement jumping with excitement when he saw his buddy. He was also really sweet to his fans :)

Kezzi
06-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Who is the buddy he's talking about? :p

soulage
06-25-2011, 04:17 PM
no idea but he was happy to see him :lol:

Kezzi
06-25-2011, 04:28 PM
That's why I'm curious, I'll ask. ;)

Fat Camel
06-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Poor boy. Well it's not because Arnaud would have beaten Kubot that he would have beat Karlovic and Gael ;) We can't remake the story

Good job from Arno and Lukas against the two old indians :D. Granollers and Robredo was in semi here last year with this surface which is more slow each year :rolleyes: Saw on twitter than Arno is feeling good and always sweet outside a court http://twitter.com/#!/AlsTheGreat/statuses/84636506433650688

Spotted: A super friendly Arnaud Clement jumping with excitement when he saw his buddy. He was also really sweet to his fans :)

That's my biggest problem :p Every time i remake the story, think about all situations, all possibilities etc. And even when i say Arnaud already had this lucky draw in 2008, even that can't make me feel satisfied. The funniest thing: i was at System of a Down concert when my buddy called me and said Arnaud lost. So i threw all my anger at the concert, that was really best place to do it! :devil: You know SOAD?

But if Arnaud's so happy like you said, that's great!
He can still make good run in doubles:)

Kezzi
06-25-2011, 05:19 PM
That's my biggest problem :p Every time i remake the story, think about all situations, all possibilities etc. And even when i say Arnaud already had this lucky draw in 2008, even that can't make me feel satisfied. The funniest thing: i was at System of a Down concert when my buddy called me and said Arnaud lost. So i threw all my anger at the concert, that was really best place to do it! :devil: You know SOAD?

But if Arnaud's so happy like you said, that's great!
He can still make good run in doubles:)
That's a good place to let your anger go indeed. :p I know them, but don't like them.

I asked the guy on twitter, he didn't know who it was. :( Now I'm really curious, can't help but thinking Bruno is there. :angel:

Oh, another random thing. I've counted how many times I've seen Arnaud at a tournament, Davis Cup, Bundesliga, etc. It's 24 times in 8 years. :o :tape: I knew it was a lot, but didn't realize it was so much already. I don't even want to think about the total amount of ticket prices. :angel: :lol:
And I'd better not make a list of all the tournaments I've visited, with or without Arnaud. :p

soulage
06-25-2011, 05:46 PM
I asked the guy on twitter, he didn't know who it was. :( Now I'm really curious, can't help but thinking Bruno is there. :angel:
As you speak about Bruno he's no more the coach of Guez because this one was followed buy Rosant in RG and i found the name of Bruno associated to a young girl http://open-istres.nuxit.net/index.php?id=57&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=523&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=16&cHash=b462b2c300 No idea if this is right or wrong

Sorry for the off topic :angel:

To add something from Arno from twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Ringham7/statuses/84660445348233218 :lol:

Fat Camel
06-25-2011, 05:57 PM
That's a good place to let your anger go indeed. :p I know them, but don't like them.

Oh, another random thing. I've counted how many times I've seen Arnaud at a tournament, Davis Cup, Bundesliga, etc. It's 24 times in 8 years. :o :tape: I knew it was a lot, but didn't realize it was so much already. I don't even want to think about the total amount of ticket prices. :angel: :lol:
And I'd better not make a list of all the tournaments I've visited, with or without Arnaud. :p

Great for you! :)

I saw him only once in the doubles final in StPetersburg so many years ago. i didn't know he would be my favourite and i left after the second set, cause i watched what i wanted - singles final. So pity he doesn't come to StPetersburg anymore and i don't come anywhere else. Really want his signature and photo and conversation :angel:

Kezzi
06-25-2011, 07:56 PM
As you speak about Bruno he's no more the coach of Guez because this one was followed buy Rosant in RG and i found the name of Bruno associated to a young girl http://open-istres.nuxit.net/index.php?id=57&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=523&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=16&cHash=b462b2c300 No idea if this is right or wrong

Sorry for the off topic :angel:

To add something from Arno from twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Ringham7/statuses/84660445348233218 :lol:
My first reaction was :eek: when reading associated to a young girl, but I was reading the wrong thing. :p I'm too much into gossip I guess. :lol: I guess it's right if it says it there. Though I wonder if he is still at Marignane then, cause the girl is from another club. :scratch:

This is an off topic I like to talk about. ;)

:rolls: at that twitter post.

Great for you! :)

I saw him only once in the doubles final in StPetersburg so many years ago. i didn't know he would be my favourite and i left after the second set, cause i watched what i wanted - singles final. So pity he doesn't come to StPetersburg anymore and i don't come anywhere else. Really want his signature and photo and conversation :angel:
Sometimes I feel bad about it that I get to see my faves to many times, while others don't have the chance to see them at all. :awww:
I know that I am very lucky to have a lot of tournaments close where Arnaud and my other favorites play regularly. 2 ATP tournaments (Rotterdam, Rosmalen) in my small country and because I live in the South, I'm also really close to Germany (Halle, Düsseldorf) and Belgium (Mons). And when I want to go to Marseille, I can take a cheap flight and stay with my ex-bf, like I did this year. Even Paris is only a few hours away with a high speed train from Liège or Brussels. It's also great that NL has great transportation connections to their neighbor countries.
Though last year was a bit crazy, because we went to London and Serbia. That took a little bit more planning than usual. :)

soulage
06-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Arno and Dlouhy are in quarters after beating the spaniards in straight :). It could prevent Arno to play Newport but some wins in GS are still good :angel: They'll play Lindstedt Tecau last year finalist

Via
06-28-2011, 12:23 PM
i think this is great... arno needs to work back into more fitness and form. and some more points for his doubles ranking would be nice. i never understand why he doesn't put more emphasis into doubles, if he wants to prolong his playing life a bit more.

Fat Camel
06-28-2011, 04:57 PM
i think this is great... arno needs to work back into more fitness and form. and some more points for his doubles ranking would be nice. i never understand why he doesn't put more emphasis into doubles, if he wants to prolong his playing life a bit more.

He still believes he can do great in singles, and he is right, i think. Arnie was very unlucky all last majors with very close losses. And all last seasons he had an amazing run once in a year (2008 Wimby, end of 2009, 2010 Auckland and 2 good slams), so let's hope something will happen this year :)

Anyway, allez Arnaud to win your second Wimby at doubles! Today very tough match for them.

soulage
06-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Rain delay not sure they will come back tonight :confused: They just won first set 63.

As Fat Camel said I think Arno is more concerned by his single career and playing doubles can prevent from doing well in single for exemple going far in Wimbledon doubles should not let him play the qualies of Newport as he's only alt atm. Then GS even in doubles are good moments so i hope he will continue to play it :) pity that this quarter started late and was stopped by rain

Fat Camel
06-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Thez are leading 8-7 in the 5th, but Lindstedt\Tecau are serving.

Please, win it, cause now it's really really important for Arnaud to finally win a 5-setter, even in doubles!

Fat Camel
06-29-2011, 04:53 PM
9-8. But the bad thing is they are struggling on each serve now (just saved two breakpoints in last game, at 15-40 i prepared myself to the long awful waiting, but scoreboard luckily jumped from 15-40 to 40-40 :)) and Lindstedt\Tecau have now no problems on the serve.

Allez!

Kezzi
06-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Allez! :cheerleader:

Fat Camel
06-29-2011, 05:08 PM
10-12 :(

That sucks. Another lost epic 5-setter, he doesn't deserve that again :mad: :sad:

So many blown oppotunities in the 4th set, break-points at 3-3, 4-4..:(

Kezzi
06-29-2011, 05:11 PM
I hate it that I couldn't see it. You never know how the bp's where lost. :( I've seen Stakhovsky lose 19 bp's in one match at Halle. Some of which where his own fault, but a lot which were lost by better play from his opponent.

:sad:
But a good fight from both, :hug: to Lukas and Arnaud.

Fat Camel
06-29-2011, 05:14 PM
It could be ok if they lost in 3, in 4...

But 12-10 in the fifth set!! This starts to follow Arnaud everywhere, he is always the losing side in these epics. He really needs finally to win one of these matches...

Lesliem
06-29-2011, 05:19 PM
I hate it that I couldn't see it. You never know how the bp's where lost. :( I've seen Stakhovsky lose 19 bp's in one match at Halle. Some of which where his own fault, but a lot which were lost by better play from his opponent.

:sad:
But a good fight from both, :hug: to Lukas and Arnaud.
Tough loss again in 5 sets :sad:. In the 5th Dlouhy lost his serve with a double fault at 30/A to give a break point, an then a missed volley by Arno (but not an easy one), there was a streaming link on fromsport. It remains a very good result in GS especially for a 1st association :worship:...Arno please stop playing with your buddies and choose doubles specialists, your results would be better for sure :devil:

Can he play Newport finally ?

Fat Camel
06-29-2011, 05:22 PM
I think he is 1st ALT in Newport.

soulage
06-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Arno must have suscribed the painful five sets losses :sad: I can't count them :sad:.

Well Lindstedt and Tecau are good servers so not easy to break them. Pity there were something to do in next round to catch a final here.

So many blown oppotunities in the 4th set, break-points at 3-3, 4-4..:(
I was not following very closely but i counted only 3 BP on that fourth there were crucial that's sure but the others are good servers very powerful.

I think he is 1st ALT in Newport.
Yes i think that's it so if nobody withdraw it will tough for the qualies which start saturday.

He will be around 80# in doubles now not amazing but better than 113#

soulage
06-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Tough loss again in 5 sets :sad:. In the 5th Dlouhy lost his serve with a double fault at 30/A to give a break point, an then a missed volley by Arno (but not an easy one), there was a streaming link on fromsport. It remains a very good result in GS especially for a 1st association :worship:...Arno please stop playing with your buddies and choose doubles specialists, your results would be better for sure :devil:
I didn't see the end but not surprising Dlouhy is a doublefaulted man usually :devil: I think Arno is better when is associated with a great server Dlouhy is not exactly that kind of guy but a good double player. From what i saw there were quite creative not only i serve then i put a volley :lol: Well they looked like a quite good team in that Wimbledon :).

Lesliem
06-29-2011, 06:02 PM
Well Lindstedt and Tecau are good servers so not easy to break them. Pity there were something to do in next round to catch a final here.

I was not following very closely but i counted only 3 BP on that fourth there were crucial that's sure but the others are good servers very powerful.
It was exactly that, in the fourth set they played great points to obtain a few break points but it was always saved by a big serve, nothing to do with it ! In the 5th, Lindstedt/Tecau served amazingly...Even with 2 winning returns by Arno & one beautiful winning lob return by Dlouhy in the same return of game they didn't have an opportunity. Both were playing well but not their best tennis exactly at the same time.

Lesliem
06-29-2011, 06:10 PM
I didn't see the end but not surprising Dlouhy is a doublefaulted man usually :devil: I think Arno is better when is associated with a great server Dlouhy is not exactly that kind of guy but a good double player. From what i saw there were quite creative not only i serve then i put a volley :lol: Well they looked like a quite good team in that Wimbledon :).I thought Dlouhy was a good server until I saw him play today and Arno who served the 1st to begin the match which is quite unusual :devil:. But there were a few doubles fault, only 4 in the whole match, Dlouhy even saved the 1st break point in the 5th with an ace ! They were pretty good on serve & in the game but had to play more points on their serves than the others and that made the difference at the end...a pity :sad:.

soulage
06-29-2011, 06:32 PM
In the matchs i saw from Dlouhy he was often Doublefaulted on crucial points then i don't see him every weeks. He's surely not so bad on serve but it's not a reliable guy like can be a Mika.

I thought Dlouhy was a good server until I saw him play today and Arno who served the 1st to begin the match which is quite unusual :devil:.
From yesterday evening something i didn't understand, well already Arno who serves first which can be unusual but more strange Arno won the toss and decided to let the decision to their opponents :eek: I never saw someone won the toss and decided to decide nothing :lol: Why they did that :lol: For the fun maybe :cool:

soulage
06-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Arno just post on his facebook and he doesn't seem too much frustated a bit disappointed as the win was close but less than for his single match. He says he will focus on the following tournaments and he has quite good sensations and stays positiv :unsure: Now he's leaving for the US.

He's in Newport MD now so it gives him more days. Playing saturday would have been too tough imo.

Fat Camel
06-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Arno just post on his facebook and he doesn't seem too much frustated a bit disappointed as the win was close but less than for his single match. He says he will focus on the following tournaments and he has quite good sensations and stays positiv :unsure: Now he's leaving for the US.

He's in Newport MD now so it gives him more days. Playing saturday would have been too tough imo.

That's great news!

I think Newport is the best chance for Arnie to rise up his rankings. Not very strong field and fast grass.

Lesliem
06-30-2011, 05:20 PM
That's great news!

I think Newport is the best chance for Arnie to rise up his rankings. Not very strong field and fast grass.

Yes it's a good opportunity to take some points but he could also draw Dimitrov or Mahut at 1st round, not easy. Let's hope a better draw than St Hertogenbosh one !

Fat Camel
07-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Arnaud is really unlucky this year in the small grass tournaments getting Harrison in the 1st and Isner in the 2nd round :(

Lesliem
07-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Arnaud is really unlucky this year in the small grass tournaments getting Harrison in the 1st and Isner in the 2nd round :(
Pfff it sucks :o

He is also in the double draw with Nico Mahut :D

soulage
07-03-2011, 06:56 PM
With a 218# cut you can dream a better draw :rolleyes:. Harrison did a good Wimbledon well let's play and we'll see

Via
07-04-2011, 12:04 PM
and both americans too? let's hope he gets a larger court, at least :p

soulage
07-04-2011, 08:36 PM
They get the center court so it means streaming. Newport grass is very different than european one and bounce looks more weird that you can't predict anything.

soulage
07-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Racquet Required covers that tournament http://www.racquetrequired.com/ Arno did a pratice session yesterday with Nico and thanks to this site some pics http://www.racquetrequired.com/?p=1370

Well he's not very smilling :confused:

more pics on the facebook of that site http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.177276122334837.49053.142555582473558

What are thinking about guy ?

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/268840_177276352334814_142555582473558_494476_3334 940_n.jpg

soulage
07-05-2011, 08:57 PM
64 61
Harrison lost his nerves in the second set and his serve was quite poor today. Arno was just enough in the match. It's funny to see someone more disturbed by the crowd than Arno :lol:

Well Isner and his serve next :rolleyes:

Via
07-05-2011, 11:22 PM
:lol: when he's winning he's usually cool

well done, but yes here's the bigger test.

Fat Camel
07-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Arnaud posted a new message on his facebook!

« Une victoire, çà fait toujours du bien ! Aujourd'hui les sensations étaient correctes même si le gazon est plutôt mou ici, il est donc difficile de développer du beau tennis et de se sentir vraiment à l'aise. Demain je joue Isner la tête de série numéro 1, il va falloir serrer le jeu et être solide au service. En tout cas l'envie de gagner des matchs est bien belle et bien présente ! »

The feeling of winning matches is great for Arnaud:)

What is "mou", do you know?

soulage
07-06-2011, 09:42 AM
What is "mou", do you know?
It's about the grass it's very soft no bounce indeed. He explains that because of it you can't play your best tennis and never feel eased.

On that special grass serve is sometimes enough as it's so tough to return. Pity he has to play Isner today. Good luck

soulage
07-06-2011, 07:24 PM
67-46

Well not a very good match by Arno who was double faulting too much and was not feeling good on that grass. I didn't watch all a bit boring match tbh. Newport surface is so special a bit as if players were playing in a garden :lol: they can't play their best and the level is not as high it could be :o

Well he can regret that bad draw and that poor grass :p If grass season is over Arno doesn't look ready for some vacation. Outdoor hardcourt season is coming for him. Now the goal is to be seed for US Open qualies

Kezzi
07-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Report here: http://www.tennisfame.com/node/1154
They say he didn't play that bad. :)

Lesliem
07-06-2011, 08:19 PM
It was not a bad match by Arno in the game, he was better than Isner in the rallies and hit some good shots but he was so poor at serve today, a pity....

Maybe it remains something to do with Nico in doubles here before the hard court season, a good occasion to improve their double ranking even if this pair hadn't been very successful last year ;)

soulage
07-06-2011, 08:37 PM
mayby i'm biased because i don't like this surface i mean i love grass but Newport is so strange. Arno was poor on serve and not very good in the game imo but i can't blame him that's so tough to play on that pelouse :lol: Indeed i found him quite good when he was defending some of the BP. He's not totally bad but the surface doesn't help for a good level of play :rolleyes: And i'm fed up with the tie-break he lost :sad:

Already on court for double

Via
07-06-2011, 11:37 PM
well i'm not too disappointed as he looks like playing in a similar level to before the bad patch this year. so if he keeps up and no recurrence of injuries, he should rise back up in rankings, somewhat.... fingers crossed

soulage
07-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Maybe it remains something to do with Nico in doubles here before the hard court season, a good occasion to improve their double ranking even if this pair hadn't been very successful last year ;)
They lost 9-11 in the super tie break while they won first set 61. Well bad bounces surely :devil: They have everything to be a good team but lose often early :confused: Sometimes it doesn't work and you don't know why :sad:

well i'm not too disappointed as he looks like playing in a similar level to before the bad patch this year. so if he keeps up and no recurrence of injuries, he should rise back up in rankings, somewhat.... fingers crossed
Yes he needs to be injury free and a bit of luck in the match :angel:

Who open the thread for the hardcourt ? I have no idea for a good the title :scratch:

Kezzi
07-07-2011, 09:53 PM
I have used all my imagination for the Gilou grass season thread, so I'll leave it to someone else. :)