Which Semi-Final Are You Looking Forward To More? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Which Semi-Final Are You Looking Forward To More?

Certinfy
06-02-2011, 10:07 PM
:cool:

Filo V.
06-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Fed-Nole. The other one is an afterthought.

Certinfy
06-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Murray vs Nadal for me.

delboy
06-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Murray/Nadal. Couldnt care less about the other one.

Sapeod
06-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Muzza and Federer are the only players that interest me here. If both win, I will be exstatic. That said, I doubt they will.

Nadal/Muzza interests me more as Muzza always finds a way to make Nadal struggle. He has a chance at beating him.

emotion
06-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Fed-Djoko
As much as I would love an upset, can't see Murray pulling it out the way he's played. Yeah, Nadal's looked bad, but Murray has struggled just as much was an easier draw

vn01
06-02-2011, 10:17 PM
i'd enjoy them both, but as nadal is my best player, i am looking forward more to his match against murray :cool:

TheRafaelNadal
06-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Even as a Nadal Fan i'm looking forward more to the other one because it will be much more of a contest. Plus i can't even watch the Nadal match anyway since i'm at work but hopefully wil finish by the time DjokerBoy/Fed come on.

LawrenceOfTennis
06-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Okay how many more "RG sf" thread will be around?

Certinfy
06-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Okay how many more "RG sf" thread will be around?
Well what else is there to talk about? :lol:

icecastle
06-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Nole - Fed match is more interesting to me as i dont see how Murray can win against Nadal with an injured foot.

yesh222
06-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Murray/Nadal if Murray is healthy. I think he wins in 5 if he is. I think Nole runs over Fed no matter what.

Mountaindewslave
06-02-2011, 10:28 PM
fed-djokovic!!! has much more on the line, I mean a new number 1 possibly! a return of form for a legend! either a rematch outcome for Nadal to face in the finals and extract revenge, or another legendary match between the greatest of all time and the greatest clay court player of all time! what's not to love! Injured ankled Murray v. Nadal??? not quite the same magic..........

Mountaindewslave
06-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Even as a Nadal Fan i'm looking forward more to the other one because it will be much more of a contest. Plus i can't even watch the Nadal match anyway since i'm at work but hopefully wil finish by the time DjokerBoy/Fed come on.

I'm curious, the RafaelNadalFAn, just from glancing at your quotes, are you really a fan of Nadal or are you just being sarcastic. honestly i can't decide either way, the quotes are just so crazy haha

Nabster
06-02-2011, 10:35 PM
I think Fed actually stands a better chance than many are giving him credit for.

These new Babolat balls are much harder than anything that has been used on tour for years. And this suits Federer very well. I still think Novak will win, but I wouldn't be surprised if Fed was able to beat him.

Murray would've had a fantastic shot at beating Rafa, but my main concern is his ankle. I think it's troubling him, and he needs to be physically perfect to beat Nadal, so I think Rafa will probably take it comfortably. But, we do know Murray is the kind of player that matches up well with Nadal, certainly on the hard courts. Murray HAS blown Nadal off the courts when the conditions suited him. And with these new balls, the conditions may be just perfect for Murray.

steveo2810
06-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Murray-Nadal of course. I cant wait till Muzza straight sets this clown and sends him back to Spain! :)

Okay, maybe I am being a touch optimistic.

MIMIC
06-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Fed-Djoker

The Murray-Nadal match is NID (at least to me it is). It seems like a foregone conclusion that Djoker will beat Fed but I just want to see how Djoker composes himself in that match with so much on the line.

Mr. Oracle
06-02-2011, 11:27 PM
I think Fed actually stands a better chance than many are giving him credit for.

These new Babolat balls are much harder than anything that has been used on tour for years. And this suits Federer very well. I still think Novak will win, but I wouldn't be surprised if Fed was able to beat him.

Murray would've had a fantastic shot at beating Rafa, but my main concern is his ankle. I think it's troubling him, and he needs to be physically perfect to beat Nadal, so I think Rafa will probably take it comfortably. But, we do know Murray is the kind of player that matches up well with Nadal, certainly on the hard courts. Murray HAS blown Nadal off the courts when the conditions suited him. And with these new balls, the conditions may be just perfect for Murray.

BTW, those new Babolat balls will be coming back faster at Olderer as well. So if Novak was hitting through Fed before, and dictating play from the wings, what will happen tomorrow? Yeah we can expect the occasional killer forehand from Fed, but for the following two points, we will see him tripping and stretching awkwardly to get his racket on that just out of reach ball. A lot of typical shanks from all the offence coming his way as well, and a few shanks for new good reason at all = easy match

DrJules
06-02-2011, 11:33 PM

Not sure Federer's balls are any firmer these days when it counts.

DrJules
06-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Expect the Murray Nadal match do be closer.

The injured ankle should be a massive mental advantage meaning everything is a bonus to him and he will have an excse for failure.

KarlyM
06-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Roger/Nole ;)

stewietennis
06-02-2011, 11:50 PM
The Federer / Djokovic match has more on the line. Novak's streak, his potential to be Number 1 and validation as a threat in other majors not named Australian Open. For Federer it's a return to the finals, potential return to Number 1 (and beat Pete's record) and a return to form on his weakest surface.

FerrerAndNadal
06-02-2011, 11:59 PM
I look more forward to Fed vs Novak because he is so so so underrated right now. I'd love for him to show himself in a big match like this. Think how close he was in IW. He is a better clay player than Novak, or was at least.

Diprosalic
06-03-2011, 12:05 AM
unfortunately they both will be boring, one sided affairs.

nadal and djokovic both in 3 in under 2h.

ossie
06-03-2011, 12:17 AM
djoker-fed, simply because i think it will be a closer affair.

Clydey
06-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Speaking objetively, Federer-Djokovic.

As a Murray fan, Nadal-Murray.

rocketassist
06-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Neither as I'll be away so I won't see either but I can pray for Murderer to be the final.

MatchFederer
06-03-2011, 12:26 AM
It's a tough call but Federer - Djokovic.

I cannot WAIT for both of these semi-finals to kick my ass.

Bring it on?

SheepleBuster
06-03-2011, 12:26 AM
If Nadal gets triple bageled by Murray, I will watch that DVR for years to come with champaign and classic music from Johann Sebastian Bach

michellej
06-03-2011, 12:33 AM
I am a Nadal fan, but I am very interested in watching the Djokovic /Federer match. I have a sneaking suspiscion that Roger mat put a halt to the Djokovic march. Then there would be another Federer/Nadal final ( hope). Mouthwatering.

Ibracadabra
06-03-2011, 01:40 AM
roger and nole

Rafa has a bye to the final

luie
06-03-2011, 01:49 AM
None as both is a foregone conclusion,, I'am waiting for the finals as it more of a contest.
However I expect fed-djoker to have more moments of "suspense" than nadull-murray.

Sham Kay
06-03-2011, 01:59 AM
None as both is a foregone conclusion
Note to future self: Quote this after the matches are over to prove or disprove epic jinxing.

Angled Backhand
06-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Fed vs Djok should be more competitive but we can't know for sure because Murray always raises his game vs Nadal. But Fed-Djok has a streak, number one ranking and a final on the line. Much more at stake and it's also going to be the 2nd semi so the suspense will be higher.

Sonja1989
06-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Of course Nadal - Murray. :D

Another 3 hours remaining. :bigcry: I can't wait. :D

xdrewitdajx
06-03-2011, 10:23 AM
excited for both. Hope Murray plays well and it's not a one-sided affair. I'm not sure he can win if Nadal plays like he did against Soderling, in fact I seriously doubt it. But if Nadal drops his level and Murray raises his, anything's possible.
Federer/Djokovic should be exciting, I seriously doubt Djokovic is gonna destroy Fed like a lot of people here seem to be predicting/expecting. 50/50 match for sure.