TOP4 RG 2011 Final - Who do want to face each other in the final? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

TOP4 RG 2011 Final - Who do want to face each other in the final?

schorsch
06-02-2011, 08:32 PM
The top4 made it to the semis of Roland Garros and thus 4 different finals are possible...

Which one do you want to see?

Djokovic vs Murray - AO rematch: Another battle between the youngest members of the top4. The new guard slowly taking over? :cool:

Djokovic vs Nadal - 3rd clay final in a row against each other. 3 clay titles each coming in... Who would take the biggest one? :devil:

Murray vs Federer - USO and AO finals against each other... 3rd time lucky for Andy at RG? :confused:

Nadal vs Federer - Has anything changed between them in a GS final especially on clay? :zzz:

LawrenceOfTennis
06-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Federer-Murray.

syc23
06-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Murray v Djokovic.

I've seen enough Fedal finals and Rafa v Novak finals is boring as hell.

Filo V.
06-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Who cares, as long as NADAL wins, the tournament will be fine.

Mountaindewslave
06-02-2011, 08:50 PM
The top4 made it to the semis of Roland Garros and thus 4 different finals are possible...

Which one do you want to see?

Djokovic vs Murray - AO rematch: Another battle between the youngest members of the top4. The new guard slowly taking over? :cool:

Djokovic vs Nadal - 3rd clay final in a row against each other. 3 clay titles each coming in... Who would take the biggest one? :devil:

Murray vs Federer - USO and AO finals against each other... 3rd time lucky for Andy at RG? :confused:

Nadal vs Federer - Has anything changed between them in a GS final especially on clay? :zzz:

the best case would be Federer/Nadal classic for a few reasons. One it would mean that, that bastard DJokovic was not #1 in the world. also Federer probably only as so much time left in his career so i would love for him to have a chance at another Grand Slam and let's be honest, Nadal v. Federer, the two best players of what has been the 21st century so far, what's not to like!? i wouldn't even care if we got another Murray/Federer final (although Murray will just implode...) but really the key is NOT to have a Djokovic/Nadal final as they are quite boring... and the only good thing about one of those would be Nadal putting Djokovic back in his place. I can't see any answer except for Nadal/Federer! Woooooh!

Filo V.
06-02-2011, 08:51 PM
To answer the thread question, I would say Rafa v Nole, so Rafa can beat the brakes off of him. Yes, I'm in 100% tard mode now. I dislike both Federer and Djokovic until after the RG final, where Rafa will hopefully show one of them he's still the real king of clay.

Certinfy
06-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Murray - Djokovic : After their match in Rome and even after the comments Murray made about the match I really do think he can be the one to stop Djokovic's run. Some of the points in that Rome match were absolutely immense as well and if that's the quality of match we get, then I'll definitely take this. However I'm kinda worried about how Murray approaches this GS Final.

Murray - Federer : Same as before, I'm worried how Murray approaches this final and since he's lost 2 times in GS Finals to Federer before it will be interesting, saying that I think it'll be either really good or really bad, but I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Nadal - Federer : Hell no! Look at their previous finals here and it's obvious they'll be only one result here.

Nadal - Djokovic : I think all their matches this year have been interesting and most very entertaining. Would love to have this final as we'll definitely have an entertaining and competitive match on our hands with both players having a lot to play for.

Personally I want to see Murray vs Djokovic but given Murray's performances in GS Finals I'll just have to go with Nadal vs Djokovic.

Shirogane
06-02-2011, 08:54 PM
As I said in the nightmare final thread, option #2

vn01
06-02-2011, 09:12 PM
i want to see nadal vs. djokovic

if the semis were rafa vs. fed and nole vs. muzza i would have chosen rafa vs. murray :D

steveo2810
06-02-2011, 09:43 PM
I would like Murray to win his semi final and then for Djokovic to retire hurt, say halfway through second set.

So: Murray def Djokovic 1-6, 0-4 ret.

Yes!!

TheRafaelNadal
06-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Nadal-Federer. Two Legends of the game at it once again in a Grand Slam Final. If there's one person worthy of Beating the God of Clay it's the Legenderer himself.

KarlyM
06-02-2011, 10:45 PM
I would watch any of them, but I want to see Nadal-Djokovic the most. ;)

finishingmove
06-02-2011, 10:58 PM
nadal vs baker

the slayer has to silence some haters

FerrerAndNadal
06-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Nadal-Federer. Haven't had one in forever. Tired of Novak

Pirata.
06-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Federer-Murray :shrug:

Capuccino
06-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Djokovic - Nadal

coonster14
06-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Rafa vs. Nole!!! :rocker:

xargon
06-03-2011, 02:44 AM
Murray barely beat Troicki, no way he is beating nadal.

Hensafmurrafter
06-03-2011, 03:12 AM
Djokovic vs Rafa is the most likely and most boring scenario, but will probably produce the best tennis.

Federer vs Rafa is old news.

Murray vs Djokovic would be fun to watch.

Murray vs Federer would be surreal.

hyperren
06-03-2011, 03:59 AM
I would like Murray to win his semi final and then for Djokovic to retire hurt, say halfway through second set.

So: Murray def Djokovic 1-6, 0-4 ret.

Yes!!

You do realize that a result like that isn't going to do Murray any favors, right? He'll be a "Grand Slam champion" with an asterisk.

Elena.
06-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Murray-Djokovic should be a good one

xdrewitdajx
06-03-2011, 12:12 PM
honestly, I think all the combinations are appealing. No matter what the outcome today, the final should be good. I don't subscribe to the nonsense that if Fed goes through he'll get demolished by Nadal.

If I could choose, I would have had Nadal/Djokovic in the semi, hoping for a Djokovic win, and then facing the winner of Murray/Federer (a match I'd love to see)....but the way it is now is pretty damn good too

edit: and before anyone says anything, I understand that Nadal/Djokovic can't face each other before the final, being the #1 and #2 seeds. I'm just saying from a hypothetical fantasy-like situation where I could place any of these 4 players in either half

ssin
06-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Nadal-Djokovic, i don't think it would be boring. Therefore, rooting for rafa&nole today.