What do you look for in a mate? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What do you look for in a mate?

Filo V.
06-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Jonathan's thread about the girl he fell in and then out of love with really got me thinking about what my standards are in terms of who I like and am attracted to. Personally, I know most of you think I'm a vain person, I'm not really, but I won't lie, I'm 100% a physical person, for myself and for others. Everything else is secondary. For me, if you're hot, then you're hot and you're in the door.

But I wonder, what does everyone here look for in a mate? What turns you on at the drop of a hat? Or if you're in a serious long-term companionship, what was the first thing that got you hooked?

Sofonda Cox
06-02-2011, 07:53 PM
There has to be sexual attraction for a long-term relationship, but really for me common interests and a feeling of trust/security with that person are very important. I sometimes find the attitude of a person accounts for a lot of sexiness too :p

If looking for random no strings sex, then a big dick and and filthy mind are near the top.

Goldenoldie
06-02-2011, 07:56 PM
someone who says Yes

Johnny Groove
06-03-2011, 12:30 AM
A woman who has a good work ethic, is loyal, is smart, is beautiful, challenges me intellectually and sexually.

tennisfan856
06-03-2011, 05:31 PM
A woman who has a good work ethic, is loyal, is smart, is beautiful, challenges me intellectually and sexually.

I hope you believe in reincarnation because it might take a while.

kai.
06-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Thanks a lot, i have no freaking idea. I never actually thought about it, now i will loose my sleep over this :sad:. If i end up with an answer i will post it :angel:.

vn01
06-04-2011, 02:00 PM
a girl who is beautiful, smart, loyal and sexy :p

Garson007
06-04-2011, 08:30 PM
I already have myself. :confused: :p

Ibracadabra
06-04-2011, 08:46 PM
It sounds abit obvious but i go for 50/50 really when looking for a relationship, if not a relationship then 100% physical ;)

Sunset of Age
06-05-2011, 12:18 AM
True, genuine, loving, heart-felt FRIENDSHIP, above/among all other things.

Physical attraction will fade with the years (unfortunately so :o) - the lovely feel of a warm, comforting arm around you, whenever things get tough for you, will never fade. :)

I've found my fellow, even if he might not know it himself. :lol:

VolandriFan
06-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Chemistry is very important for me; it's an instinct more than a physical reaction. Sometimes you can stand next to the most attractive person in the world and feel nothing.

That's what I look for, but in a relationship there needs to be friendship, understanding, compassion, selflessness and compromise on both sides. A good sense of humour goes a long way too.

Orka_n
06-05-2011, 12:56 AM
Common values is a must. Common interests is a plus. A natural understanding and attraction to each other (chemistry) is needed. Also to easily be able to have fun together and trust one another (friendship).

Now, some traits that I find extremely attractive in a girl: High intelligence, nerdyness (she enjoys video games or certain tv-shows or whatever), athleticism, general tomboy-ness.

Sunset of Age
06-05-2011, 01:02 AM
Common values is a must. Common interests is a plus. A natural understanding and attraction to each other (chemistry) is needed. Also to easily be able to have fun together and trust one another (friendship).

Now, some traits that I find extremely attractive in a girl: High intelligence, nerdyness (she enjoys video games or certain tv-shows or whatever), athleticism, general tomboy-ness.

DAMN, Joakim. I've already got someone, but you might have filled my requirements just the same. :D :inlove:

Don't mind me :lol:

JolánGagó
06-05-2011, 02:26 AM
Thanks a lot, i have no freaking idea. I never actually thought about it, now i will loose my sleep over this :sad:. If i end up with an answer i will post it :angel:.

In your case it seems lots of hairgel would do the trick for you.

cobalt60
06-05-2011, 02:28 AM

nice:yeah: Do you play tennis btw? I ask cuz I met a Joakim from Sweden once.

Orka_n
06-05-2011, 02:40 AM
DAMN, Joakim. I've already got someone, but you might have filled my requirements just the same. :D :inlove:

Don't mind me :lol:Karin :hug:
nice:yeah: Do you play tennis btw? I ask cuz I met a Joakim from Sweden once.Sorry Sue but no. :) I only play it for fun. Joakim is a pretty usual name here though. :drive:

cobalt60
06-05-2011, 02:42 AM
Karin :hug:
Sorry Sue but no. :) I only play it for fun. Joakim is a pretty usual name here though. :drive:

Oh I knew that; just thought it would have been very funny and would show what a small world it is sometimes;)

Orka_n
06-05-2011, 02:45 AM
Oh I knew that; just thought it would have been very funny and would show what a small world it is sometimes;)Indeed it would. I love those great coincidences that happen sometimes. The world :worship:

tennisfan856
06-05-2011, 05:32 AM
I dont agree with opposites attract theory. If she enjoys 1. Gaming 2. Tennis. 3. Reading+pop culture. Then I will die a happy man. Otherwise it will be just a fap-filled life.

Thanos
06-05-2011, 06:51 AM
someone who says Yes

+1

a vagina would be preferable.

fast_clay
06-05-2011, 07:09 AM
yes muffin is good

VolandriFan
06-05-2011, 09:56 AM
someone who says Yes

Be careful what you ask her though.

Sofonda Cox
06-05-2011, 11:08 AM
+1

a vagina would be preferable.

Sick

Filo V.
06-05-2011, 01:13 PM
OMG, most of you actually value an individuals' personality and character over their hotness :o :lol:

What I want from a mate right now is someone who knows how to fuck :lick:

Sofonda Cox
06-05-2011, 05:31 PM
OMG, most of you actually value an individuals' personality and character over their hotness :o :lol:

What I want from a mate right now is someone who knows how to fuck :lick:

Thats because there a lot more to a relationship than just sex.

Filo V.
06-06-2011, 12:50 PM
True. Great sex is like the cherry on top on a great relationship.

Filo V.
06-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Except if we're talking about a sexual relationship, of course.

In my "relationships" (I don't really call them that, but whatever), if the sex is hot and I'm attracted to someone, then the emotions come. I think backwards in comparison to most, who seek emotional connections and then sex and hotness. Someone's hotness makes me want to be with them first and foremost.