Roland Garros SF Previews. Who has the best chance to take the title? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roland Garros SF Previews. Who has the best chance to take the title?

vn01
06-01-2011, 08:57 PM
http://vn01-sports-blog.blogspot.com/2011/06/roland-garros-2011-mens-semi-finals-who.html

Who do you think has the best shot to the title after only the best 4 players are still in the battle :)

:wavey:

TopSpin08
06-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Nice preview :)
I think Djokovic will win the final against Nadal

NadalesDios
06-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Nadal

bright
06-01-2011, 09:15 PM
If I'd have to bet my house on someone, that would be Djokovic without a tiny drop of doubt.:(

Ljubo_rulz
06-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Djokovic, without dropping sets.

Sonja1989
06-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Is it still question? DjokoGod... who other?

NadalesDios
06-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Djokovic, without dropping sets.

Djokovic has drop a set already

Ljubo_rulz
06-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Not in the semi or the final he didn't.

DrJules
06-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Based on the facts to date Djokovic has the best chance.

Arkulari
06-01-2011, 09:46 PM
It's between Rafa and Nole.

Luinir
06-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Nadal got huge confidence from today's win over Soderling. He is my pick.

Mechlan
06-01-2011, 09:51 PM
I picked Nadal at the start of the tournament but given form, it looks like Djokovic.

DrJules
06-01-2011, 09:54 PM
It's between Rafa and Nole.

Is the fence comfortable.

Commander Data
06-01-2011, 09:55 PM
I see it about like that:

Nadal 60%
Nole 24%
Fed 15%
Murray 1%

yesh222
06-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Djokovic has to be a prohibitive favorite right now. I think a healthy Murray is the worst matchup for him right now (see Madrid) but since Murray's not healthy and he's been running over everyone else...

coonster14
06-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Before the tournament started, I picked Rafa, given that he has won this major 5 times, and hard to pick against him, as well as his 9-2 record in grand slam finals.

Nole will be one tough cuatomer should he beat Roger to reach the final, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if Nole wins the FO this year.

Roamed
06-01-2011, 10:36 PM
1. Rafa
2. Nole
3. Fed
4. Muzz

Diprosalic
06-01-2011, 10:42 PM
Nadal 80%
Nole 19%
Federer 0.9%
Murray 0.1%

ufiors
06-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Nole 40%
Roger 25%
Rafa 20%
Andy 15%

Capuccino
06-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Too many votes for Djokovic. I think everybody's chances here are more or less pretty equal.

vn01
06-01-2011, 10:49 PM
djokovic seems to be the clear favourite according to MTF. 80% is too much. but i agree with Capucchino. it's semi-final stage and each player can win the title.

p.s. i voted for nole, as well

sexybeast
06-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Djokovic by far, Nadal distant 2nd and Federer/Murray got almost no chanse.

ExcaliburII
06-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Federer and Murray 0%
Djokovic 1%

Why So Serious?
06-01-2011, 11:26 PM
As stated before the start of RG'11 my answer remains the same; The Djoker will pull off one of his magic tricks..and it will be ugly.

stewietennis
06-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Each has a one in four chance of winning

romismak
06-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Too many votes for Djokovic, but biggest chance is for Nole i can see it something like Nole - 50%, Rafa 35%, Roger 10%, Andy 5% chances to win RG.

Ljubo_rulz
06-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Djoko - Fed 80 - 20
Djoko - Nadalito 70 - 30
Fed - Rafa 30 - 70
Rafa - Muggay 100 - 0
Nole - Muzza 100 - 0

That means Nole 55%, Rafa 40%, Semirer 5%, Muzza 0%.

sexybeast
06-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Too many votes for Djokovic, but biggest chance is for Nole i can see it something like Nole - 50%, Rafa 35%, Roger 10%, Andy 5% chances to win RG.

Roger 10%? That is good odds for the old man, something like 1 in 3 against both Djokovic and Nadal? I wish that was his true odds.

Commander Data
06-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Djoko - Fed 80 - 20
Djoko - Nadalito 70 - 30
Fed - Rafa 30 - 70
Rafa - Muggay 100 - 0
Nole - Muzza 100 - 0

That means Nole 55%, Rafa 40%, Semirer 5%, Muzza 0%.

No, you calculated wrong. Fed comes to 6%(20% & 30% = 6%) with your probabilities, Nole 56% and rafa 38%.

sexybeast
06-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Djoko - Fed 80 - 20
Djoko - Nadalito 70 - 30
Fed - Rafa 30 - 70
Rafa - Muggay 100 - 0
Nole - Muzza 100 - 0

That means Nole 55%, Rafa 40%, Semirer 5%, Muzza 0%.

Poor Murray... :lol:

sexybeast
06-01-2011, 11:59 PM
My odds:

Federer-Djokovic 10-90
Nadal-Murray (without wind) 80-20
Nadal-Murray (with wind) 95-5
Nadal-Djokovic 25-75
Nadal-Federer 75-25
Murray-Federer 25-75
Murray-Djokovic 10-90

Djokovic 68% Nadal 28% Federer 3% Murray 1%

Sunset of Age
06-02-2011, 12:00 AM
My cash is on Rafa. It was from the very start of the tournament.

Ljubo_rulz
06-02-2011, 12:00 AM
you calculated wrong. for example Fed comes to 6% with your probabilities:

20% & 30% = 6%

I rounded the numbers. If I wrote something like "Nole 56%, Rafa 38%" people would call me dork or something like that.

Commander Data
06-02-2011, 12:06 AM
I rounded the numbers. If I wrote something like "Nole 56%, Rafa 38%" people would call me dork or something like that.

fuck the people :p

a correct calculation is no crime...

Dyraise
06-02-2011, 12:41 AM
Hahaha, the poll result is hilarious.

MaxPower
06-02-2011, 12:43 AM
My odds:

Federer-Djokovic 10-90
Nadal-Murray (without wind) 80-20
Nadal-Murray (with wind) 95-5
Nadal-Djokovic 25-75
Nadal-Federer 75-25
Murray-Federer 25-75
Murray-Djokovic 10-90

Djokovic 68% Nadal 28% Federer 3% Murray 1%

I'd drink to that. Pretty accurate imo

abraxas21
06-02-2011, 01:11 AM
nadal

abraxas21
06-02-2011, 01:12 AM
Hahaha, the poll result is hilarious.

MTF always is

ExcaliburII
06-02-2011, 01:19 AM
I rounded the numbers. If I wrote something like "Nole 56%, Rafa 38%" people would call me dork or something like that.
learn some maths before posting probabilities

Silvester
06-02-2011, 01:25 AM
hard to predict. Obviously Nole had a nice long break so he's well rested but could come out a bit rusty in the first set. If federer makes it to the finals he'll have a chance. If novak makes it to the finals I think he'll win.

bouncer7
06-02-2011, 02:29 AM
Poor Andy has only 1 vote. I wonder who's lucky guy who has given him that honor

Hensafmurrafter
06-02-2011, 04:34 AM
Ok, Murray has a very small chance of winning. However, if he somehow got by Nadal, and Federer somehow got past Djokovic, I think Murray would be at least a slight favorite over Fed.

So it's more like

45% Djokovic
35% Nadal
15% Murray
5% Fed

Alex999
06-02-2011, 05:24 AM
wow, almost 70% of people here voted for Djokovic. Something's wrong. Is this a collective MTF effort to jinx Novak or am I being paranoid :scared::unsure: ?

FNT
06-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Rafa showed me enough yesterday.

nole_no1
06-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Djokovic because he mentally owns everyone
He is not afraid of Nadal on clay anymore...Nadal is afraid of him
But Fed has a chance too because he looked to me this far he's been playing very relaxed and without any pressure on him and that might help him a lot

Goldenoldie
06-02-2011, 10:04 AM
It would be hilarious if Murray won the one slam nobody gives him the faintest chance of winning. But it's not going to happen.

Very close between Nadal and Djokovic, but Nole's run has to end some time, and this could be the place.

Angled Backhand
06-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Fed has been relaxed because nobody had him as a potential winner. He's bound to tighten up in the semis and even moreso in the finals (IF he get's there and faces Rafa).

I think Novak has the best chance to win in a final. Rafa has the best chance to make the final. If Murray gets to final by some miracle he might wilt once again.

Dream mode on*

It would be awesome if Rog beat Rafa in the finals for many reasons:
1) 2nd RG title, 17th overall,
2) 1st victory over Rafa in RG (final)
3) He would prevent Rafa from equaling Borg's record and becoming CCGOAT, a bit similar to how Rafa prevented him from beating Borg's five straight wins record at Wimbledon.

Dream mode off*

tnosugar
06-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Poor Andy has only 1 vote. I wonder who's lucky guy who has given him that honor

probably..... Andy :)

saniapower
06-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Rafa

ApproachShot
06-02-2011, 12:11 PM
My cash is on Rafa. It was from the very start of the tournament.

Same here, but I think Djokovic has a decent chance as well. In either case, they have to be favourites to meet in the final.
I really don't think this is Murray's year even if he were fully fit and with his right ankle strain the chances are very low indeed, even though his game can be uncomfortable at times for Rafa to play against. I honestly can't see Federer coming through his semifinal against Djokovic either, but in the unlikely event that he does, I wouldn't bet on him stopping Rafa (taking both past and current performances into consideration).

buzz
06-02-2011, 12:43 PM
The draw was made for good matches. Fed vs djok and Nadal-Mur are probably less lopsided than Nad-Fed and Djok-Mur. Still think the final will be Nadal vs Djokovic with Nadal winning in five brutal sets.

janko05
06-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Djokovic has to be a prohibitive favorite right now. I think a healthy Murray is the worst matchup for him right now (see Madrid) but since Murray's not healthy and he's been running over everyone else...

Agree with the Murray part but think Rafa still has a thing or two in his pocket...

Alcibiades
06-02-2011, 03:59 PM
In this order:

1.Nadal
2.Djokovic(but only because Roger has no chance of beating Rafa,whereas Novak has some)
3.Federer(but he has at least 50-50 of beating Novak)
4.Murray

KarlyM
06-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Honestly - Nole. ;)