Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing (CAS confirm ban) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Daniel Köllerer gets a life ban from tennis for match fixing (CAS confirm ban)

Pages : [1] 2

Garlichead
05-31-2011, 01:56 PM
http://sport10.at/home/mehrsport/tennis/666782/Koellerer-wegen-Manipulation-verurteilt

link is only in german. additionally he has to pay a penalty of 100.000$.
suspension is for manipulation.

Certinfy
05-31-2011, 01:58 PM
Finally :haha: :worship:

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 01:58 PM
Manipulation of what exactly.

Sunset of Age
05-31-2011, 02:00 PM
Manipulation of what exactly.

From the link: "Tennisspieler Daniel Köllerer wurde von der PTIO (Professional Tennis Integrity Office) schuldig gesprochen, drei Spiele manipuliert zu haben."

I guess the proper English translation is: he fixed three matches.

Garson007
05-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Finally :haha: :worship:
:yeah:

Tom Paulman
05-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Finally! But the ATP needs to do this with more players.

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 02:03 PM
I mean they have been wanting to get Koellerer off the tour for a long time, now they have the excuse to do so.

As for being guilty, well he would be far from the only one.

Garlichead
05-31-2011, 02:04 PM
yes. he denies it but won´t appeal a conviction because of lack of money ;)

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 02:08 PM
http://sport10.at/images/uploads_625/c/9/e/666782/daniel_koellerer_wegen_manipulation_gepa_full_7249 _gepa-2310101212220110531152757.jpg

Daniel Köllerer schuldig: Lebenslange Sperre

Tennisspieler Daniel Köllerer wurde von der PTIO (Professional Tennis Integrity Office) schuldig gesprochen, drei Spiele manipuliert zu haben. Die Bestürzung ist groß.

Tennis | 31.05.2011 | 15:29 | SPORT10.AT
Mehr zum Thema:

Die Rekorde des Rafael Nadal
Bei Melzer hat sich einiges geändert

Laut Aussagen seines Managements, ist es die "schwärzeste Stunde in Daniel Köllerers Karriere." Dabei handelt es sich um die Entscheidung des PTIO (Professional Tennis Integrity Office)-Schiedsgerichtes, welches Daniel Köllerer (27) nun der Spielmanipulation überführte und verurteilte.
Untersuchung dauerte 1,5 Jahre

Die Untersuchungen gegen Köllerer begannen schon im April 2009, nun, am 27. April 2011 wurde in Wimbledon ein Urteil gefällt. Köllerer wurde in drei Fällen der versuchten Spielmanipulation schuldig gesprochen.

Der Beschuldigte wies die Anschuldigungen zwar zurück, die Urteilsfindung beeinflusste dies allerdings nicht mehr. Was für Köllerer spricht: Der verantwortliche Richter sieht die Manipulationen als "überwiegend wahrscheinlich" an, nicht aber für sicher. Jedoch genügt die überwiegende Wahrscheinlichkeit nach den Verfahrensregeln der ITF für einen Schuldspruch.
Nie mehr Tennis für Köllerer

Die Konsequenzen für Köllerer sind weitreichend: Er wurde mit einer lebenslangen Sperre belegt und muss zudem 100.000,00 Dollar an Strafe bezahlen.

Gegen das Urteil kann man innerhalb von 20 Werktagen Berufung einlegen, "mangels finanzieller Mittel wird Daniel aber wahrscheinlich darauf verzichten müssen", erklärt sein Management.

Köllerer arbeitete bis zum Schuldspruch an seinem Comeback nach einer Hand-OP. Sein größter Erfolg war das erreichen der 3. Runde bei den US-Open 2009 und das erreichen des 55. Platzes in der Weltrangliste 2009.

Beat
05-31-2011, 02:08 PM
:woohoo:

rocketassist
05-31-2011, 02:09 PM
Boooooo.

Tennis needs heels.

Ljubo_rulz
05-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Good. Davidenko and Tipsy are next.

vn01
05-31-2011, 02:15 PM
:woohoo:

dodo
05-31-2011, 02:16 PM
i enjoyed his clownish antics, but there should be no mercy for matchfixing.

Nathaliia
05-31-2011, 02:21 PM
I mean they have been wanting to get Koellerer off the tour for a long time, now they have the excuse to do so.

As for being guilty, well he would be far from the only one.
Yeah I guess so.

Even Kafelnikov didnt get a life ban.

Sapeod
Bye bye Koellerer :wavey:

BaselineSmash
I was hoping to see him at Wimbledon, as well; shame.

.-Federers_Mate-.
Mixed feelings on this. He was a loser but misunderstood. Deep down i feel he's a man with many demons. A nice guy who just wants to please everybody. He's a big kid, who never grew up who loves having fun and taking the piss. He well and truly won me over at the US Open. Really misunderstood :sad:

That being said he's a crap tennis player and has never made any impact on the tour whatsoever. Another journeyman will take his place. The sad thing is that he will be forgotten.

Roddickominator
05-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Just the latest attempt to get rid of all personality in the sport. They only want guys that lick each other's balls all day like Federer and Rafa. Koellerer must have trash talked the wrong guy. Maybe he fixed some matches too, but he's way down the list of guys that should be banned for that, as he actually provided entertainment value.

Pirata.
05-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Go home, Daniel. You are so bad :lol:

Misterman
05-31-2011, 02:23 PM
i enjoyed his clownish antics, but there should be no mercy for matchfixing.

I was watching him pay DelPo from the first row at the USOpen 2 yrs ago. he was NOT amusing/funny. He was frightening actually, as if he could snap and just go berzerk on another player or fan. My friend took a photo (he tried to get as many players as possible that day) during a changeover and Kollerer looked as if he was going to jump in the stands and kick the shit out of him- he had a mean grimace/scowl on his face with his eyebrows turned down and his teeth showing like an animal ! Good riddance ! :worship:

Orka_n
05-31-2011, 02:26 PM
Mixed feelings on this. He was a loser but misunderstood. Deep down i feel he's a man with many demons. A nice guy who just wants to please everybody.Say what? :lol:

Koellerer had it coming. A complete and utter moron with no respect for anyone. That said, he could be funny sometimes.

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 02:38 PM
Summary.

It's his own management that announced it, as it's not official as of yet. Found guilty of match fixing and he is not likely to appeal the 100 000 Euro fine due to lack of cash.

If they were truly serious about this, then they wouldn't have gone after a guy who has more form than Federer has GS titles, as they say small fish.

Sham Kay
05-31-2011, 02:44 PM
They ban fixers? News to me.

philosophicalarf
05-31-2011, 02:48 PM
Let's face it, he was pretty blatant about it. Most of the usual suspects only do it a few times a year. Koellerer at one point did 3 matches in a row, and possibly 4.

You can't get away with that with the media aware of fixing nowadays, and the atp/itf wanting to be seen to do something.

MayerFan
05-31-2011, 02:48 PM
As usual, they only target the lower-ranked players.

jonathancrane
05-31-2011, 02:50 PM
:haha:

Jordan :hug:

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Fixing is a tradition in eastern countries. So unfair for Dani.

Amazing logic. Wow.

If they were truly serious about this, then they wouldn't have gone after a guy who has more form than Federer has GS titles, as they say small fish.

On the contrary, Koellerer with his idiotic behaviour pretty much attracted negative attention to tennis. He was the black sheep.

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 02:52 PM
As usual, they only target the lower-ranked players.

Really.

Please do share the numerous similar examples to this that would support this claim.

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 02:55 PM
On the contrary, Koellerer with his idiotic behaviour pretty much attracted negative attention to tennis. He was the black sheep.

Actually they wanted to get him off tour years ago, but didn't have anything on him to do it. Yes, I'm very aware of his antics but he is small fish when it comes to fixing.

If the ATP were serious then they'd have helped get rid of Forstman one of the IMG top brass for betting when he shouldn't be doing that. This is the classic make it look like they're doing something.

Start da Game
05-31-2011, 03:02 PM
far worse things than this have happened in austria, life ban is a little too much.......he fixed tennis matches......ban him for two years and give him one chance to correct himself.......the clown has dedicated his life for the sport.......

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 03:04 PM
Really.

Please do share the numerous similar examples to this that would support this claim.

Starace, Luzzi, di Mauro, Galimberti all banned for betting and none of it big stuff.

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 03:04 PM
Actually they wanted to get him off tour years ago, but didn't have anything on him to do it. Yes, I'm very aware of his antics but he is small fish when it comes to fixing.

If the ATP were serious then they'd have helped get rid of Forstman one of the IMG top brass for betting when he shouldn't be doing that. This is the classic make it look like they're doing something.

And this post is the classic bitching for no reason.

Good that they got Koellerer and got rid of him. Was he the number one target?...probably not, but that's entirely irrelevant here, he did something wrong and got punished for it.

On a more human level, Koellerer was beyond dumb to attract so much attention while doing the wrong stuff in the same time.
It was a shame that he didn't get in a mental hospital way before. That fine looks pretty mighty.

MayerFan
05-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Really.

No.

You don't deserve any elaboration on my posts. Use google and search for it yourself.

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 03:07 PM
Starace, Luzzi, di Mauro, Galimberti all banned for betting and none of it big stuff.

We're talking about match-fixing.

If I'm not wrong Starace bet on other matches than his own, which is profoundly dumb knowing that the rules are pretty clear.

Lee
05-31-2011, 03:08 PM

What do you want ATP to do? Fire IMG boss? Sorry, they do not have the power or the right to do. Cut off all ties with IMG? That is like killing yourself to cure cancer. :shrug:

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 03:12 PM
We're talking about match-fixing.

If I'm not wrong Starace bet on other matches than his own, which is profoundly dumb knowing that the rules are pretty clear.

All those guys have been accused in being in funny matches and not in the haha kind of ways.

As for Dani being guilty, well that wouldn't be a surprise but he is a scapegoat in reality, if they were genuinely serious about doing something they would go higher up the chain, but the ATP aren't exactly known for being transparent.

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 03:14 PM
What do you want ATP to do? Fire IMG boss? Sorry, they do not have the power or the right to do. Cut off all ties with IMG? That is like killing yourself to cure cancer. :shrug:

Just shows how much of a mistress the ATP is to IMG doesn't it. The ATP is rotten though not FIFA bad, doesn't exactly set a shining example does it?

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Those are general issues.

This thread is about Koellerer getting banned which is of course a worthy call.

oranges
05-31-2011, 03:19 PM
Fixing is a tradition in eastern countries. So unfair for Dani.

:lol: Nevermind the prejudice and generalization, but he's Austrian.

philosophicalarf
05-31-2011, 03:21 PM
All those guys have been accused in being in funny matches and not in the haha kind of ways.

As for Dani being guilty, well that wouldn't be a surprise but he is a scapegoat in reality, if they were genuinely serious about doing something they would go higher up the chain, but the ATP aren't exactly known for being transparent.

As always though: how to prove it? I assume Koellerer has been daft enough to actually get caught red-handed ..... that's going to be rare.

Lee
05-31-2011, 03:22 PM
Just shows how much of a mistress the ATP is to IMG doesn't it. The ATP is rotten though not FIFA bad, doesn't exactly set a shining example does it?

So tell me what ATP should do with IMG? Make a big fuss for IMG to get rid of the big boss? They have no power to make such request. IMG is not just into tennis. And cutting IMG off is not exactly looking after the welfare of tennis players.

I am not saying ATP is a great organisation. I just think that's a really poor example to pick on ATP. There are bigger problems the organisation have which they may be able to do something about while picking a fight with IMG is not the wisest.

Consigliere
05-31-2011, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=Slumpdasco;11083603You are so bad :lol:[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Gagsquet
05-31-2011, 03:24 PM
Amazing logic. Wow.

Joke obviously sorry you don't got it

Lee
05-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Back to Kollerer. He got caught, he paid the price. So other guys be careful or stop fixing :shrug:

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 03:26 PM
As always though: how to prove it? I assume Koellerer has been daft enough to actually get caught red-handed ..... that's going to be rare.

It's not like the case has been released and what in particular matches were fixed. I knew he was banned before for having betting sites as links on his website, then there were all the other misdemeanours.

I'd like to know what evidence they had, they couldn't prove MVA/Davydenko from Sopot, so either a whistleblower or as you said stupidity.

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 03:29 PM
So tell me what ATP should do with IMG? Make a big fuss for IMG to get rid of the big boss? They have no power to make such request. IMG is not just into tennis. And cutting IMG off is not exactly looking after the welfare of tennis players.

I am not saying ATP is a great organisation. I just think that's a really poor example to pick on ATP. There are bigger problems the organisation have which they may be able to do something about while picking a fight with IMG is not the wisest.

They can't do anything cause IMG run the ATP, that's as obvious as night follows day. It's not a poor example at all, they have shown on many occasions they aren't transparent, they're a joke in reality. IMG shouldn't be exempt from these rules.

Helevorn
05-31-2011, 03:35 PM
Great, but now they absolutely have to fine and ban a lot of Italian players for the same reasons ;)

philosophicalarf
05-31-2011, 03:37 PM
I'd like to know what evidence they had, they couldn't prove MVA/Davydenko from Sopot, so either a whistleblower or as you said stupidity.

Yeah, I'm very interested to know the specifics.

He does have a weight of examples, far more than any possible coincidence could allow ... although less than some other guys out there. If they're going to do "beyond all reasonable doubt though", a judgement of the circumstantial evidence, they're opening themselves up to get sued.

Sting operation would be how I'd go after them, but I'd assumed that would eventually come from some very active investigative judicial process. Unfortunately the countries most likely to do that, Spain and France, have only one regular fixer between them (and possibly one occasional).

ExcaliburII
05-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Which matches did he fix? Anyone remembers?

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Yeah, I'm very interested to know the specifics.

He does have a weight of examples, far more than any possible coincidence could allow ... although less than some other guys out there. If they're going to do "beyond all reasonable doubt though", a judgement of the circumstantial evidence, they're opening themselves up to get sued.

Sting operation would be how I'd go after them, but I'd assumed that would eventually come from some very active investigative judicial process. Unfortunately the countries most likely to do that, Spain and France, have only one regular fixer between them (and possibly one occasional).

The fact that the management company broke this story and not the ATP. Dani must not have fixed enough to get enough cash for an appeal, because where was this case being heard, what law was it under. There is more to it of course, as you said with examples it's hard to catch them out.

ATP and doping, they have shown to be competent on that as well, but that's another time.

Bilbo
05-31-2011, 03:46 PM
good for the game

unreal to think of this guy has fans

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 03:48 PM

The match with King Hernandez at Rosmalen was suspect, though it hasn't been released as to which matches they were.

abraxas21
05-31-2011, 03:51 PM
fucking bullshit.

further proof that that the ATP is managed by a bunch of unenlightened wankers with peaches instead of brains. it's no surprise that the current tennis we watch is so muggy when these clowns are at the top running things.

abraxas21
05-31-2011, 03:54 PM
if the ATP really cared about clearing the sport from match fixing and outright cheating, they could start by having at least semi decent drug tests and also investigating all cases of fixing. this is just a stupid excuse to get rid of a player they don't like. wankers

philosophicalarf
05-31-2011, 04:00 PM
if the ATP really cared about clearing the sport from match fixing and outright cheating, they could start by having at least semi decent drug tests and also investigating all cases of fixing.

I think there actually is a desire to do something about fixing, but the practicalities make it extremely difficult for anything other than a legal body. Even if you get the accountholder details from betfair, how do you prove those guys then transferred money to said player? No doubt it'll be in some Swiss bank account.

The desire to do something about doping? Practically difficult also, but you have to suspect that quite a lot of the top guys might get caught. With fixing, it's almost entirely lowlevel or older guys - the prize money takes care of that.

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 04:03 PM
I think there actually is a desire to do something about fixing, but the practicalities make it extremely difficult for anything other than a legal body. Even if you get the accountholder details from betfair, how do you prove those guys then transferred money to said player? No doubt it'll be in some Swiss bank account.

The desire to do something about doping? Practically difficult also, but you have to suspect that quite a lot of the top guys might get caught. With fixing, it's almost entirely lowlevel or older guys - the prize money takes care of that.

Prepaid mobiles and off shore bank accounts make perfect sense. As for the doping they really don't give a shit about that. Fixing is a problem and it's around, but not as omnipresent as the conspiracy theorists like to think.

Filo V.
05-31-2011, 04:07 PM
He's being picked on. Not saying he didn't do the fixing, which I'm sure he did, but he's being selected out of everyone because he's Koellerer.

Machiavelli
05-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Insane stuff, there is so much fixing going on, and they ban the one that has charisma and of course is a small fish...

I feel sorry for Crazy Dani

KaiserT
05-31-2011, 04:18 PM

Remember his match vs Ancic in Munich?

Fix all set up then seemingly Dani called it off. Maybe he knew he'd been rumbled at that point.

straitup
05-31-2011, 04:22 PM
:lol: MTF is going to miss Crazy Dani

SVK
05-31-2011, 04:24 PM
There is no doubt he did it but I would like to know how they proved it:scratch:

Orka_n
05-31-2011, 04:25 PM
He's being picked on. Not saying he didn't do the fixing, which I'm sure he did, but he's being selected out of everyone because he's Koellerer.For sure. And it's very, very deserved.

green25814
05-31-2011, 04:28 PM
Every single match fixer should instantly receive a lifeban from the sport. Its the worst crime you can commit.

Fuck crazy dani and anyone else who does it.

Johnny Groove
05-31-2011, 04:30 PM
Good stuff, philosophicalarf and AJ, ExcaliburII.

I am really not sure what to make of this. Of course IMG runs tennis, why else would they be stationed at Nick's in Bradenton? The fixing is damn near impossible to stop unless they ban more players, and bigger fish.

As for the doping, well, professional athletics will always have doping, the only way to resolve is to actually BAN people, and not just small fries. If the ATP banned a top 50 player for doping, guys would realize "oh shit, we really can't do this".

The fixing thing is difficult to legislate unless the ATP willingly gets together with all of the various betting agencies and intelligently prevents it. Once I am a top player, I will bring more attention to it mainstream.

I will advocate hiring MTF posters into the anti-fixing crew.

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 04:38 PM
Good stuff, philosophicalarf and AJ, ExcaliburII.

I am really not sure what to make of this. Of course IMG runs tennis, why else would they be stationed at Nick's in Bradenton? The fixing is damn near impossible to stop unless they ban more players, and bigger fish.

As for the doping, well, professional athletics will always have doping, the only way to resolve is to actually BAN people, and not just small fries. If the ATP banned a top 50 player for doping, guys would realize "oh shit, we really can't do this".

The fixing thing is difficult to legislate unless the ATP willingly gets together with all of the various betting agencies and intelligently prevents it. Once I am a top player, I will bring more attention to it mainstream.

I will advocate hiring MTF posters into the anti-fixing crew.

Got to be practical about this. It looks good for the ATP, they have caught someone. What you have here with most people knowing it's smoke and mirrors compared to the reality. For them to catch the big fish it would implicate some others, they don't have the balls to it.

Not like people saying Koellerer is innocent.

Filo V.
05-31-2011, 04:39 PM
For sure. And it's very, very deserved.

It's also inconsistent and contrived.

fabolous
05-31-2011, 04:41 PM
his manager just gave an interview. apparently only one of the three suspicious matches was played by koellerer himself. the other two matches he was supposed to "influence" the respective players to lose :spit:

if this is true, ATP has to find these players as well, otherwise it is a joke!

Mungo
05-31-2011, 04:43 PM
Good for Dani. Now he's free to bet and win from his couch. Scary gambler.

SVK
05-31-2011, 04:45 PM
Big fish... I don´t think when ATP will ban someone higher ranked or someone who does it XY years that others will stop. They should simply ban all fixers (I don´t think that´s possible). Do you think when ATP will begin with higher rakned players istead of lower ranked that the others will stop? I don´t think so.

Johnny Groove
05-31-2011, 04:46 PM
Got to be practical about this. It looks good for the ATP, they have caught someone. What you have here with most people knowing it's smoke and mirrors compared to the reality. For them to catch the big fish it would implicate some others, they don't have the balls to it.

Not like people saying Koellerer is innocent.

The problem lies with the ATP. Like you said, they have no balls. They'd rather give a life ban to a small fish like Crazy Dani and make it appear as if they are doing something while the problem still runs rampant instead of taking a hard stance, suspending the big fish, and truly making a difference.

The ATP :rolleyes:

Balless mugs, the lot of them.

straitup
05-31-2011, 04:47 PM
Maybe this is just a way to ban him from the tour since he is quite the wacko. But part of it is playing the system right - something he did not do. If he wasn't such a bad person on court (I do think he was entertaining but that's a different story), he wouldn't have gotten attention as easily and would have been able to hide it easier.

But yes they are being inconsistent when they definitely shouldn't be...just easier to ban a guy who has brought attention to them, something that is still Koellerer's fault

Johnny Groove
05-31-2011, 04:48 PM
Big fish... I don´t think when ATP will ban someone higher ranked or someone who does it XY years that others will stop. They should simply ban all fixers (I don´t think that´s possible). Do you think when ATP will begin with higher rakned players istead of lower ranked that the others will stop? I don´t think so.

I think so. If they suspend a top player for fixing, it will truly send a message.

The real thing to do is the ATP to create a liason with the gambling sites and legal authorities and really get this shit eradicated from the game.

That, or increase the prize money in challengers.

KaiserT
05-31-2011, 04:52 PM
his manager just gave an interview. apparently only one of the three suspicious matches was played by koellerer himself. the other two matches he was supposed to "influence" the respective players to lose :spit:

This gives a clue as to how he was found guilty.

Maybe he was reported by other players?

Chris Kuerten
05-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Disgusting, he only gets picked out because of his behavior on the court.

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 04:57 PM
I like his S/V so what. I still think he should have a life-ban. And no, match fixing is bigger IMO. It totally kills the sport.

I can't believe the number of people arguing against this. So what if they are picking on Dani, a matchfixer is getting banned. This is GOOD.

Doping doesn't kill tennis, you are a funny guy. Why support someone who you think should get a life ban, that's hypocritical.

It's very obvious why people are arguing against this, incredibly so. As I stated there aren't many who think Koellerer is innocent hardly any think that, but are interested in how the conclusion came about, what evidence was used to get to this conclusion. How his previous form counted against him, the fact he is clearly small fish when there are clearly others involved and the ATP can't get close.

SVK
05-31-2011, 04:58 PM
I think so. If they suspend a top player for fixing, it will truly send a message.

The real thing to do is the ATP to create a liason with the gambling sites and legal authorities and really get this shit eradicated from the game.

That, or increase the prize money in challengers.

It might help, but it won´t stop...I think the only one thing which can stop it is ban tennis from all betting offices/sites...Even if they will increase the prize money for challengers I don´t believe they can increase much enough.

Deivid23
05-31-2011, 04:59 PM
Koellerer got caught surely bc he is as dumb as it gets :lol:

Nathaliia

I can absolutely see this. He is not liked by many. I wish they kept digging into it but it looks like just wanted to get rid of Koellerer. Of course fixers should get banned. But all of them together.

SVK

I was think the same and I´m curious if he will report some others too in that case, it´s no secret that he had many enemies and I can imagine that he will name some others.

fabolous
05-31-2011, 05:00 PM

he surely has many enemies on tour. he also won't get any support in this case i think, even his countrymen hate him.

abollo
05-31-2011, 05:01 PM
Austrian player banned for life for match-fixing
5/31/2011 11:01:00 AM
LONDON (AP) - Austrian player Daniel Koellerer has been banned for life and fined $100,000 by tennis authorities for attempting to fix matches.
Koellerer was ranked No. 55 in 2009. He was found guilty of three violations between October 2009 and July 2010 by a group affiliated with the men's and women's tours and the International Tennis Federation.
The investigation was done by the Tennis Integrity Unit, whose findings were considered at an independent anti-corruption hearing in London on April 27-28.
A statement by the TIU on Tuesday didn't specify which matches Koellerer was found to have manipulated. Details of the hearing or decision will not be made public.

http://www.tennischannel.com/news/NewsDetails.aspx?newsid=9102

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 05:02 PM
There was the famous petition to get him banned from tour a few years ago.

I know of only a few players that don't mind Koellerer, but these are the guys who get on with everyone. While this maybe the case never knew Dani was a mafia hit man.

Deivid23
05-31-2011, 05:09 PM

Go n get some popcorn!

green25814
05-31-2011, 05:11 PM
Doping doesn't kill tennis, you are a funny guy. Why support someone who you think should get a life ban, that's hypocritical.

It's very obvious why people are arguing against this, incredibly so. As I stated there aren't many who think Koellerer is innocent hardly any think that, but are interested in how the conclusion came about, what evidence was used to get to this conclusion. How his previous form counted against him, the fact he is clearly small fish when there are clearly others involved and the ATP can't get close.

No, fixing kills tennis. Every other sport has a zero-tolerance policy against it tennis should be the same.

Why is it hypocritical? I like his style of tennis, not him as a person.

And I get what your saying, I just don't particularly care about the whats and whys. If Dani fixed matches he should receive a lifeban, and I don't care if he has enemies up top. End of story.

Also, its not hard to believe that Dani got caught as opposed to other players, he's not very popular and not too bright.

philosophicalarf
05-31-2011, 05:12 PM

Hernandez d. Koellerer 6-3 6-2, S'Hertogenbosch, 15/06/09.

Just a guess ... but would be amusing if true.

On an aside, a few players on twitter commented. I liked Lindell's:

"koellerer banned forever ! Merecido, think 99,9% of the players are happy!"

Edit: oh, noticed the date details, can't be this, shame :-)

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 05:15 PM
No, fixing kills tennis. Every other sport has a zero-tolerance policy against it tennis should be the same.

Why is it hypocritical? I like his style of tennis, not him as a person.

And I get what your saying, I just don't particularly care about the whats and whys. If Dani fixed matches he should receive a lifeban, and I don't care if he has enemies up top. End of story.

Also, its not hard to believe that Dani got caught as opposed to other players, he's not very popular and not too bright.

Answer the question about doping then? How does that not kill tennis? Of course it's hypocritical. You do know match fixing happens mostly at the lower end of the scale? Doping is throughout all the sections of the tour.

What proof do they actually have, since the findings aren't being released. If they have hard evidence then they should release the case for public info.

abollo
05-31-2011, 05:15 PM
Actually now every player, no matter juniors, men or women. To login to your IPIN and enter tournaments you need to pass the Tennis Integrity Protection Programme.
http://www.tennisintegrityunit.com/the-tennis-integrity-protection-programme/
And it's basically 5 videos and to pass the Programme you need to answer a question about every video.
As far as I remember it's about a player (A) who is playing at a qualifying tournament and he got a pass for a friend as a coach to the player's lounge.
There is a woman (B) , who is also playing in the tournament and the coach tries to bribes her (flight upgrade) so that she gives him info about an injury she had, but she goes and tells the TIU.
There is a man (C), who was also playing in the tournament and he tells the coach (friend) about an injured player (D) in a random talk and then this coach goes and bets that this player will lose.
At last the coach blackmails the player (C) and tells him to drop a set 6-2 or he'll go tell the TIU that he gave info about the injury of the player (D), so he drops the set 6-2 and eventually get asked in the PC about it and then the TIU wants to investigate with him.

At last:
- Player A and his coach (friend) get a life time ban from tennis and a very big fine (don't remember)
- Player B is world number 3 and enjoys a successful career
- Player C sits at home and watches player B playing and has a 2-year ban with a fine

:lol: what a story

Remember that every player, no matter juniors, men or women. To login to IPIN and enter tournaments they watched these videos :haha:

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 05:18 PM
Diego Hartfield

Chau Koellerer, como me rompiste los huevos. Era hora

SVK
05-31-2011, 05:19 PM
Has King Oscar a twitter account?:p

I would like to read his comments.

Johnny Groove
05-31-2011, 05:25 PM
Actually now every player, no matter juniors, men or women. To login to your IPIN and enter tournaments you need to pass the Tennis Integrity Protection Programme.
And it's basically 5 videos and to pass the Programme you need to answer a question about every video.
As far as I remember it's about a player (A) who is playing at a qualifying tournament and he got a pass for a friend as a coach to the player's lounge.
There is a woman (B) , who is also playing in the tournament and the coach tries to bribes her (flight upgrade) so that she gives him info about an injury she had, but she goes and tells the TIU.
There is a man (C), who was also playing in the tournament and he tells the coach (friend) about an injured player (D) in a random talk and then this coach goes and bets that this player will lose.
At last the coach blackmails the player (C) and tells him to drop a set 6-2 or he'll go tell the TIU that he gave info about the injury of the player (D), so he drops the set 6-2 and eventually get asked in the PC about it and then the TIU wants to investigate with him.

At last:
- Player A and his coach (friend) get a life time ban from tennis and a very big fine (don't remember)
- Player C sits at home and watches player B playing and has a 2-year ban with a fine

Remember that every player, no matter juniors, men or women. To login to IPIN and enter tournaments they watched these videos :haha:

They must have changed that since January. I don't recall having to do that.

philosophicalarf
05-31-2011, 05:27 PM
Our candidates, Oct 09-Jul 10 matches. Had a quick look at the odds movements in the main tour+DC ones (20 matches) - not so easy getting challenger odds histories, and there's hardly any money to be made there cos of tiny limits and betfair doesn't cover em.

Almost certainly: vs Navarro (straight tank), Chris Rochus (2-way fix), JCF.

Likely: vs Ancic

Suspicious: vs Lammer (2-way)

Also one vs Ram at IW, wild movements, but can't figure out what was happening there, nor where the money was made. Possibly manipulation or injury rumour.

Player 1 Player 2 Tournament Date Round Surface Result
Robin Haase Daniel Koellerer Cordenons Challenger 27/07/2010 First Clay 6-1 6-7(3) def.
Denis Gremelmayr Daniel Koellerer Scheveningen Challenger 05/07/2010 First Clay 6-3 6-3
Lukas Rosol Daniel Koellerer Braunschweig Challenger 29/06/2010 First Clay 6-3 6-3
Federico Del Bonis Daniel Koellerer Reggio Emilia Challenger 25/06/2010 1/4 Clay 6-7(1) 6-2 7-6(3)
Daniel Koellerer Flavio Cipolla Reggio Emilia Challenger 23/06/2010 Second Clay 4-6 6-4 6-4
Daniel Koellerer Julio Silva Reggio Emilia Challenger 22/06/2010 First Clay 6-2 6-3
Ivan Navarro Daniel Koellerer AEGON Championships - London 07/06/2010 First Grass 6-3 6-4
Teimuraz Gabashvili Daniel Koellerer French Open - Paris 25/05/2010 First Clay 6-2 6-2 6-1
Federico Del Bonis Daniel Koellerer Zagreb Challenger 10/05/2010 First Clay 4-1 ret.
Philipp Petzschner Daniel Koellerer BMW Open - Munich 05/05/2010 Second Clay 6-1 6-4
Daniel Koellerer Mario Ancic BMW Open - Munich 04/05/2010 First Clay 7-6(7) 7-5
Federico Del Bonis Daniel Koellerer Rome Challenger 22/04/2010 1/4 Clay 6-2 6-3
Daniel Koellerer Antonio Veic Rome Challenger 21/04/2010 Second Clay 6-1 6-2
Daniel Koellerer Lukas Rosol Rome Challenger 20/04/2010 First Clay 6-0 6-3
Jiri Vanek Daniel Koellerer Rome Challenger 13/04/2010 First Clay 6-4 6-3
Andrey Golubev Daniel Koellerer Grand Prix Hassan II - Casablanca 06/04/2010 First Clay 6-2 7-6(5)
Juan Carlos Ferrero Daniel Koellerer Sony Ericsson Open - Miami 26/03/2010 Second Hard 4-0 ret.
Daniel Koellerer Christophe Rochus Sony Ericsson Open - Miami 24/03/2010 First Hard 4-6 6-3 6-2
Juan Carlos Ferrero Daniel Koellerer BNP Paribas Open - Indian Wells 13/03/2010 Second Hard 6-3 6-0
Daniel Koellerer Rajeev Ram BNP Paribas Open - Indian Wells 11/03/2010 First Hard 6-1 6-3
Martin Klizan Daniel Koellerer Davis Cup, Group 1, 2R, AUT-SVK 3-2 07/03/2010 Rubber 5 I.hard 6-2 7-6(3)
Lukas Lacko Daniel Koellerer Davis Cup, Group 1, 2R, AUT-SVK 3-2 05/03/2010 Rubber 1 I.hard 2-6 6-2 7-6(5) 6-3
Santiago Ventura Daniel Koellerer Copa Telmex - Buenos Aires 16/02/2010 First Clay 6-4 6-2
Marin Cilic Daniel Koellerer PBZ Zagreb Indoors - Zagreb 04/02/2010 Second I.hard 6-2 6-1
Daniel Koellerer Andrey Golubev PBZ Zagreb Indoors - Zagreb 02/02/2010 First I.hard 6-3 3-6 6-3
Antonio Veic Daniel Koellerer Australian Open - Melbourne 19/01/2010 First Hard 6-4 3-6 6-7(3) 6-1 6-4
Benjamin Becker Daniel Koellerer Qatar Exxon Mobil Open - Doha 05/01/2010 First Hard 5-1 ret.
Jarkko Nieminen Daniel Koellerer Salzburg Challenger 04/12/2009 1/4 I.hard 6-2 7-6(6)
Daniel Koellerer Dustin Brown Salzburg Challenger 03/12/2009 Second I.hard 7-6(3) 0-6 6-4
Daniel Koellerer Uladzimir Ignatik Salzburg Challenger 02/12/2009 First I.hard 6-1 6-2
Michael Lammer Daniel Koellerer Davidoff Swiss Indoors Basel - Basel 03/11/2009 First I.hard 3-6 6-2 7-5
Feliciano Lopez Daniel Koellerer Bank Austria Tennis Trophy - Vienna 29/10/2009 Second I.hard 6-3 6-3
Daniel Koellerer Jarkko Nieminen Bank Austria Tennis Trophy - Vienna 28/10/2009 First I.hard 6-1 6-2
Janko Tipsarevic Daniel Koellerer Kremlin Cup - Moscow 20/10/2009 First I.hard 6-4 6-3

(sorry for formatting, try copy/paste it into notepad and it's a bit clearer)

green25814
05-31-2011, 05:28 PM
Answer the question about doping then? How does that not kill tennis? Of course it's hypocritical. You do know match fixing happens mostly at the lower end of the scale? Doping is throughout all the sections of the tour.

What proof do they actually have, since the findings aren't being released. If they have hard evidence then they should release the case for public info.

Doping is also bad, but I just find fixing worse personally. There are more grey areas in doping too. I don't understand how me liking Llodra's playing style and thinking he should have a lifeban is hypocritical. And yeah, so what?

I agree the case should be made public.

Johnny Groove
05-31-2011, 05:31 PM
Our candidates, Oct 09-Jul 10 matches. Had a quick look at the odds movements in the main tour+DC ones (20 matches) - not so easy getting challenger odds histories, and there's hardly any money to be made there cos of tiny limits and betfair doesn't cover em.

Also one vs Ram at IW, wild movements, but can't figure out what was happening there, nor where the money was made. Possibly manipulation or injury rumour.

Robin Haase Daniel Koellerer Cordenons Challenger 27/07/2010 First Clay 6-1 6-7(3) def.
Denis Gremelmayr Daniel Koellerer Scheveningen Challenger 05/07/2010 First Clay 6-3 6-3
Lukas Rosol Daniel Koellerer Braunschweig Challenger 29/06/2010 First Clay 6-3 6-3
Federico Del Bonis Daniel Koellerer Reggio Emilia Challenger 25/06/2010 1/4 Clay 6-7(1) 6-2 7-6(3)
Daniel Koellerer Flavio Cipolla Reggio Emilia Challenger 23/06/2010 Second Clay 4-6 6-4 6-4
Daniel Koellerer Julio Silva Reggio Emilia Challenger 22/06/2010 First Clay 6-2 6-3
Ivan Navarro Daniel Koellerer AEGON Championships - London 07/06/2010 First Grass 6-3 6-4
Teimuraz Gabashvili Daniel Koellerer French Open - Paris 25/05/2010 First Clay 6-2 6-2 6-1
Federico Del Bonis Daniel Koellerer Zagreb Challenger 10/05/2010 First Clay 4-1 ret.
Philipp Petzschner Daniel Koellerer BMW Open - Munich 05/05/2010 Second Clay 6-1 6-4
Andrey Golubev Daniel Koellerer Grand Prix Hassan II - Casablanca 06/04/2010 First Clay 6-2 7-6(5)
Juan Carlos Ferrero Daniel Koellerer Sony Ericsson Open - Miami 26/03/2010 Second Hard 4-0 ret.
Daniel Koellerer Christophe Rochus Sony Ericsson Open - Miami 24/03/2010 First Hard 4-6 6-3 6-2
Juan Carlos Ferrero Daniel Koellerer BNP Paribas Open - Indian Wells 13/03/2010 Second Hard 6-3 6-0
Daniel Koellerer Rajeev Ram BNP Paribas Open - Indian Wells 11/03/2010 First Hard 6-1 6-3
Martin Klizan Daniel Koellerer Davis Cup, Group 1, 2R, AUT-SVK 3-2 07/03/2010 Rubber 5 I.hard 6-2 7-6(3)
Lukas Lacko Daniel Koellerer Davis Cup, Group 1, 2R, AUT-SVK 3-2 05/03/2010 Rubber 1 I.hard 2-6 6-2 7-6(5) 6-3
Santiago Ventura Daniel Koellerer Copa Telmex - Buenos Aires 16/02/2010 First Clay 6-4 6-2
Marin Cilic Daniel Koellerer PBZ Zagreb Indoors - Zagreb 04/02/2010 Second I.hard 6-2 6-1
Daniel Koellerer Andrey Golubev PBZ Zagreb Indoors - Zagreb 02/02/2010 First I.hard 6-3 3-6 6-3
Antonio Veic Daniel Koellerer Australian Open - Melbourne 19/01/2010 First Hard 6-4 3-6 6-7(3) 6-1 6-4
Benjamin Becker Daniel Koellerer Qatar Exxon Mobil Open - Doha 05/01/2010 First Hard 5-1 ret.
Jarkko Nieminen Daniel Koellerer Salzburg Challenger 04/12/2009 1/4 I.hard 6-2 7-6(6)
Daniel Koellerer Dustin Brown Salzburg Challenger 03/12/2009 Second I.hard 7-6(3) 0-6 6-4
Daniel Koellerer Uladzimir Ignatik Salzburg Challenger 02/12/2009 First I.hard 6-1 6-2
Michael Lammer Daniel Koellerer Davidoff Swiss Indoors Basel - Basel 03/11/2009 First I.hard 3-6 6-2 7-5
Feliciano Lopez Daniel Koellerer Bank Austria Tennis Trophy - Vienna 29/10/2009 Second I.hard 6-3 6-3
Daniel Koellerer Jarkko Nieminen Bank Austria Tennis Trophy - Vienna 28/10/2009 First I.hard 6-1 6-2
Janko Tipsarevic Daniel Koellerer Kremlin Cup - Moscow 20/10/2009 First I.hard 6-4 6-3

Who knows how many the TIU didn't catch? :tape: :tape:

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 05:34 PM
Doping is also bad, but I just find fixing worse personally. There are more grey areas in doping too. I don't understand how me liking Llodra's playing style and thinking he should have a lifeban is hypocritical. And yeah, so what?

I agree the case should be made public.

What grey area in doping, you either do it or you don't. The only possibilities are taking an over the counter medicine that has a banned substance in it or like Koubek had an injection from the doctor for a wrist problem.

You don't like someone who should be banned for life, it's not that hard.

abollo
05-31-2011, 05:35 PM
They must have changed that since January. I don't recall having to do that.

I did it in March or something like that. My sister did it in January. It was a big banner called with all Grand Slams, ATP, WTA, ITF logo
And written on it was Gamblers then a "X" on it

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 05:35 PM

Use tabs in notepad and use code that will make the format easier to read.

PiggyGotRoasted
05-31-2011, 05:38 PM

At last:

Damn my jrs ipin ran out last year

philosophicalarf
05-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Most likely candidate in the dates specified is going to be Koellerer - Chris Rochus in a switcharoo (since we know the ATP has subsequently been using that for their famous "letters", and Rochus wasn't exactly a stranger to such antics)

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4122/unledzy.jpg

Snoo Foo
05-31-2011, 05:46 PM
o

M

F

G

Cloudygirl
05-31-2011, 05:53 PM
would he have been banned if he wasn't an arse though?!

ExcaliburII
05-31-2011, 06:00 PM

:haha:

Arkulari
05-31-2011, 06:11 PM
Dani has been a pain in the ass for the ATP, this just gave them the perfect excuse to "retire" him, match fixing is more common than you can tell and he shouldn't get a lifetime ban for that, if anything it should be recurrent dopers :shrug:

Nathaliia
05-31-2011, 06:14 PM
yeah maybe he should have been sent off for 2 years... lifetime is harsh

i agree with ppl who say it was used as an excuse to get rid of him

Mistaflava
05-31-2011, 06:17 PM
Koellerer is only a small player in the match fixing/tanking game and the only reason he is getting such a harsh punishment is so the ATP can say they did something about match fixing.

This is fucking pathetic to say the least. You have many current TOP 100 players also involved in match fixing yet they go after the guys ranked #385...makes so much sense. This is all to avoid the bigger problem and make it look like they are 'taking care of business' when in fact match fixing is going on as we speak at every single level of tennis, men and women.

This will continue to be a big joke until some of the top guys (like Mardy Fish) are banned for life as well for all the match fixing and tanking. Until then, and it will probably never happen, the ATP will continue to pat themselves on the back like they did something special for banning Koellerer.

WHAT A JOKE!

Mistaflava
05-31-2011, 06:19 PM
Dani has been a pain in the ass for the ATP, this just gave them the perfect excuse to "retire" him, match fixing is more common than you can tell and he shouldn't get a lifetime ban for that, if anything it should be recurrent dopers :shrug:

They are both very serious offenses and should be treated as one in the same and be punished as one in the same.

Seingeist
05-31-2011, 06:29 PM
What grey area in doping, you either do it or you don't. The only possibilities are taking an over the counter medicine that has a banned substance in it or like Koubek had an injection from the doctor for a wrist problem.

You don't like someone who should be banned for life, it's not that hard.

Stop being so obtuse, AJ. Green's point is reasonable enough and you seem like you're going on at this point just to prove something. It is not hard to fathom how someone might have the opinion that fixing is a more egregious offense than doping, nor is it impossible to support the claim that doping is more "gray." Indeed, it is hilarious that you say, "you either do it or you don't," and then immediately acknowledge two "gray" possibilities.

Ditto with the alleged Llodra hypocrisy. The vast majority of music that I enjoy comes from musicians whose lifestyles seem reprehensible to me. It is not as though "Llodra - the S/V" in a signature necessarily constitutes an endorsement of a player's uprightness and professionalism. Green enjoys watching him play. :shrug:

fabolous
05-31-2011, 06:37 PM
http://www.tennisnet.com/oesterreich/szene/background/Koellerer-Sperre-Das-sagen-Koubek-Haider-Mauer-Co/2082596

http://newsticker.sueddeutsche.de/list/id/1161294

- apparently the fixed matches happened in vienna 2009 and wimbledon 2010

- players spoke against him during the court trial, especially his countrymen (who are happy that he is gone)

- koellerer claims he has no money left to fight against the ban

the whole story sounds like he is not a "normal" match fixer, but more like the head of a fixing organization. he offered money to other players so they would lose.

SVK
05-31-2011, 06:40 PM
But he didn´t play Wimbledon 2010:unsure:

fabolous
05-31-2011, 06:41 PM
But he didn´t play Wimbledon 2010:unsure:

like i said before, he did only play one of the fixed matches. the other two matches were played by others, but he is said to have influenced them, so they would fix it for him.

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 06:43 PM
http://www.tennisnet.com/oesterreich/szene/background/Koellerer-Sperre-Das-sagen-Koubek-Haider-Mauer-Co/2082596

- players spoke against him during the court trial, especially his countrymen (who are happy that he is gone)

- koellerer claims he has no money left to fight against the ban

the whole story sounds like he is not a "normal" match fixer, but more like the head of a fixing organization. he offered money to other players so they would lose.

Thanks for the links and no surprise the Austrian players spoke against him.

philosophicalarf
05-31-2011, 06:43 PM

Thanks - I don't see anything odd in his two Vienna 09 matches though (the opposite actually, the market went against the end result in both). As someone else said, didn't play Wimbledon 2010.

I wonder if there's some confused reporting here, or they got the dates mixed up. The week after Vienna, he had the Lammer match in Basel. Just before Wimbledon, his only grass match .... vs Navarro.

Frankly, even in such a short period there are plenty potential examples.

Mistaflava
05-31-2011, 06:45 PM
I can't wait until the day tennis fans finally realize that a huge percentage of players are involved with this stuff. It's by far the easiest sport to cheat and get away with it whether or a big or small level of the game.

SVK
05-31-2011, 06:45 PM
like i said before, he did only play one of the fixed matches. the other two matches were played by others, but he is said to have influenced them, so they would fix it for him.

So he forced players to fix the matches he even didn´t play? Sounds...interesting:unsure:

Dougie
05-31-2011, 06:48 PM
I have mixed feelings about this...As someone already said, Koellerer is a small fish who hasn´t got money to fight it.It seems like the ATP wanted to sacrifice someone to make it look like they are doing something.

On the other hand, it´s good that fixing is punished this severely. But now the ATP have placed the bar for themselves as well; From now on, EVERYONE caught fixing should be treated equally, no matter how high ranked they are. Dopers as well, from now on lifetime ban is the only possibility, otherwise it will look like Crazy Däni was a scapegoat.

Dougie
05-31-2011, 06:51 PM
So he forced players to fix the matches he even didn´t play? Sounds...interesting:unsure:

Sounds like he might have been what they call " a runner", someone who doesn´t really do the fixing or bribing himself, but who has the sufficient access to get close enough to the players to deliver the offer and the money, if the deal materializes.

Voo de Mar
05-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Tennis didn't lose too much, Koellerer was totally useless on the main level. 27-year-old guy with ranking No. 385 was rather without perspective to back where he was once - in the 1st/2nd rounds of the biggest tournaments.

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Sounds like he might have been what they call " a runner", someone who doesn´t really do the fixing or bribing himself, but who has the sufficient access to get close enough to the players to deliver the offer and the money, if the deal materializes.

Sounds like he didn't get a cut of the cash either. Yes, the ATP have set themselves up but we know they won't get anything big.

The Magician
05-31-2011, 06:55 PM
Maybe if ATP didn't have a feudal prize money system, where the top guys get free cars and million dollar bonuses from the Us Open while guys like Koeller have to scrape to get by there wouldn't be a fixing problem (not to mention the WTA getting huge amounts of money for absolute garbage). Doping is the much worse problem because it puts the whole sport in doubt and makes everyone do it to compete.

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Its insane. There are so many players who fixed matches, and many of them. People like Tipsarevic or Tursunov still going round the tour playing freely. Sick stuff.

No, those are just idiotic bets that you made at the time and you're still butthurt over them and the players involved. Sums up every single post you make in this section.

He's being picked on. Not saying he didn't do the fixing, which I'm sure he did, but he's being selected out of everyone because he's Koellerer.

On one hand everybody shouts loud and clear that all match fixers should be punished but there are posts like these that lament him being a primary target due to his inconcievable behaviour.
The only regret about all this is that this guy was not institutionalized in a mental hospital before he had the chance to display the kind of antics he did and this sort of match fixing networking. Holy shit double standards, Batman.

Koellerer got caught surely bc he is as dumb as it gets :lol:

This is the only post in this thread that is 100% accurate.

Start da Game
05-31-2011, 06:59 PM
I have mixed feelings about this...As someone already said, Koellerer is a small fish who hasn´t got money to fight it.It seems like the ATP wanted to sacrifice someone to make it look like they are doing something.

On the other hand, it´s good that fixing is punished this severely. But now the ATP have placed the bar for themselves as well; From now on, EVERYONE caught fixing should be treated equally, no matter how high ranked they are. Dopers as well, from now on lifetime ban is the only possibility, otherwise it will look like Crazy Däni was a scapegoat.

the clown should be spared this time, let's give him a chance.......let's ban him for 2 years and see if it brings any change.......life ban is too severe if you ask me.......

we just cannot ignore the fact that the clown has dedicated his life to become a tennis player......everything else comes next......

Dougie
05-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Maybe if ATP didn't have a feudal prize money system, where the top guys get free cars and million dollar bonuses from the Us Open while guys like Koeller have to scrape to get by there wouldn't be a fixing problem (not to mention the WTA getting huge amounts of money for absolute garbage). Doping is the much worse problem because it puts the whole sport in doubt and makes everyone do it to compete.

Show me a sport ( or any profession, for that matter) that works differently, and I´ll show you Roddick´s efficient backhand.

ciprianned
05-31-2011, 07:04 PM
ha ha ha :D

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 07:04 PM
On one hand everybody shouts loud and clear that all match fixers should be punished but there are posts like these that lament him being a primary target due to his inconcievable behaviour.
The only regret about all this is that this guy was not institutionalized in a mental hospital before he had the chance to display the kind of antics he did and this sort of match fixing networking. Holy shit double standards, Batman.

Until the ATP show something else and catch some higher people up the food chain with fixing or doping offences (that one they've covered up before), then there will be the scapegoat argument. Who has said Koellerer is innocent in here?

Allegretto
05-31-2011, 07:08 PM
Classic MTF.

"Disgusting, players are fixing matches and the authorities do nothing about it."

A player receives a life ban for match fixing.

"Disgusting, they're clearly picking on Koellerer because he's an asshole. Who cares if he fixed matches? They should have done something about [player I don't like] first."

Never change, you lovable idiots.

Lurking
05-31-2011, 07:09 PM

Actually it'd look like he was caught for dealing, which he was.

Dope doctors are the only people that get life bans from the sport on there first offenses, but unless they end up in prison they'll continue anyway because they were doing nothing legal in the first place.

TMJordan
05-31-2011, 07:11 PM
wow

are you fucking kidding me?

2011 the year tennis dies, i can't watch this garbage anymore

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 07:14 PM
Until the ATP show something else and catch some higher people up the food chain with fixing or doping offences (that one they've covered up before), then there will be the scapegoat argument. Who has said Koellerer is innocent in here?

That's a really obtuse view point of how things stand. No one has stated that Koellerer is innocent but you are shouting off of the top of your lungs about EVERYTHING ELSE rather than this, the simple fact: Koellerer was caught match fixing and punished severely for it. <-what's wrong there?

Nothing. It's a perfect decision. Does this mean he's the only one? No.

Him getting caught does not mean he is single-handedly responsible for match fixing in tennis. It's absolutely juvenile to criticize the whole system for a positive decision within hours of it being released to the public. Wait and see.

Like someone else said earlier, little does it matter who else is doing match fixing, the simple fact in here is that one guy (admitedly, probably the dumbest person to have ever picked up a racket) was caught and punished for a felony. That's it.

TMJordan
05-31-2011, 07:15 PM
honestly..........

don't bullshitting me

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 07:17 PM
Martin Slanar

"I personally don't care if he plays or not, but the players and the ATP had enough of his behavior."

Cloudygirl
05-31-2011, 07:20 PM
It's just bollocks. Odesnik gets caught with HGH and only gets a year ban but match fixing is a life ban????

Also am watching with bated breath to see if anyone else gets any sanctions imposed for match fixing.

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 07:22 PM
It's just bollocks. Odesnik gets caught with HGH and only gets a year ban but match fixing is a life ban????

Also am watching with bated breath to see if anyone else gets any sanctions imposed for match fixing.

That's because Odesnik was smart and knew how to protect himself.

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 07:22 PM
That's a really obtuse view point of how things stand. No one has stated that Koellerer is innocent but you are shouting off of the top of your lungs about EVERYTHING ELSE rather than this, the simple fact: Koellerer was caught match fixing and punished severely for it. <-what's wrong there?

Him getting caught does not mean he is single-handedly responsible for match fixing in tennis. It's absolutely juvenile to criticize the whole system for a positive decision within hours of it being released to the public. Wait and see.

Like someone else said earlier, little does it matter who else is doing match fixing, the simple fact in here is that one guy (admitedly, probably the dumbest person to have ever picked up a racket) was caught and punished for a felony. That's it.

Did I say Koellerer was innocent? That's right I didn't say that at all.

If it's so perfect then the details of the case would be released to the general public, it doesn't say much for the ATP if it's Koellerer's management that is releasing the information. You are kidding yourself if you don't Koellerer's previous form didn't have an influence. It was only a matter of time before he was gone and this is very final.

Enforce the rules from number 1 to 3000 ranked player.

Cloudygirl
05-31-2011, 07:24 PM
That's because Odesnik was smart and knew how to protect himself.

the maximum ban for first time doping is 2 years.

Giving a life ban for match fixing implies that it's a worse offence and that is not a message that the atp should be sending.

It's pathetic and arse that he is I don't think that Dani deserves to be singled out. I won't name names but it's clear that he is far from the only culprit and some of the players involved appear to be far higher up the rankings than him.

Nathaliia
05-31-2011, 07:25 PM

From the information Austrian media give, it looks like there weren't any other evidences than testifying of the players who haven't liked Koellerer for ages.

This looks impossible to receive a lifetime ban, any semi-decent lawyer would be able to win the appeal. He should really appeal.

Dougie
05-31-2011, 07:25 PM

So far the ATP has done it´s best to cover up any real incidents that truly would have had some meaning ( Agassi´s doping scandal, match fixing from higher ranked players). And now they ban Koellerer for good? Yes, not a bad decision, but from now on there are no excuses. Anyone caught from same kind of antics must be treated equally hard. Koellerer is a jerk, but that is totally irrelevant.

TMJordan
05-31-2011, 07:26 PM
he wont be missed by me

utter clown and so are his fans like TMJordan and Nathaliia types

sorry but not all of us only care about the top 5. f*cking gloryhunter.

go pleasure yourself to a murray vs federer match.

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 07:26 PM
Did I say Koellerer was innocent? That's right I didn't say that at all.

If it's so perfect then the details of the case would be released to the general public, it doesn't say much for the ATP if it's Koellerer's management that is releasing the information. You are kidding yourself if you don't Koellerer's previous form didn't have an influence. It was only a matter of time before he was gone and this is very final.

Wait for it, maybe they'll release something official in the following days.

No need for knee-jerk reactions.

Tenn1sAdd1ct
05-31-2011, 07:28 PM
Finally! :bowdown: Can´t say I will miss his "entertainment value", he had zero respect for anyone and for tennis. It was just embarassing to watch this mentally unstable idiot fool around.

helvet empire
05-31-2011, 07:29 PM
any translation?

abraxas21

you just dont get it

in order for the laws to be fair, they need to be applied to everyone equally.

if the ATP starts to apply the full extent on their laws onto the players they dislike and leave the others alone, than something fucked up is clearly going on. this is assuming that dani is indeed guilty of what he's being accused which quite frankly i'm not even sure it is the case.

Cloudygirl
From the information Austrian media give, it looks like there weren't any other evidences than testifying of the players who haven't liked Koellerer for ages.

This looks impossible to receive a lifetime ban, any semi-decent lawyer would be able to win the appeal. He should really appeal.

He probably can't afford to.

Don't get me wrong the bloke is an arse and I don't care whether or not he is banned from tennis if it's for a fair reason. What I do care about is that there should be a fair system within tennis. It shouldn't be the powers that be turning a blind eye until the catch someone they want out anyway.

Has the sanction for match fixing always been a life ban? Has he had previous warnings?

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Wait for it, maybe they'll release something official in the following days.

No need for knee-jerk reactions.

I don't do knee-jerk reactions señor. Everyone should be treated equally, but the ATP don't do that and just for you to make sure you understand this. The ATP have made this decision with Koellerer, now anyone guilty of match fixing should be treated the same way irrespective.

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 07:34 PM
any translation?

Lots of them through the thread. fabolous did one check post 121 and I did a summary on the first page.

Nathaliia
05-31-2011, 07:35 PM
He probably can't afford to.

Don't get me wrong the bloke is an arse and I don't care whether or not he is banned from tennis. What I do care about is that there should be a fair system within tennis. It shouldn't be the powers that be turning a blind eye until the catch someone they want out anyway.
Yeah he did say he couldn't afford professional help (geez lawyers in Austria must have an amazing life if they charge so much, maybe I must move there :eek: )

I also mean only the eye closing and different treatment of similar violations. I don't say this shouldn't be punished or that fixing tennis matches is good. I meant this punishment is too harsh comparing to the others, same what you said.

Plus I don't think other fixers are being energetically chased by ATP, and especially getting banned for life basing on assumptions and witness claims (otherwise Davydenko and MVA would have been out long time ago for that Sopot match)

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 07:37 PM
yet, they take it on a guy they didn't like. at least these fuckers could be honest and ban him for that instead of looking for an excuse that makes them look like the utter clowns they're already known to be.

They took it on a guy that was so monumentally dumb and hated by every single breathing soul that plays tennis professionally that not even the ignorant ATP comitees could ignore and not ban to set him as an example of how things are actually on the roll as far as felonies in the sport are concerned. It was the perfect opportunity for them and they took it.

JamieBlake
05-31-2011, 07:39 PM
This is even better news than Wozniacki being eliminated by Hantuchova from Roland Garros :drool:

Goodbye Forever

MayerFan
05-31-2011, 07:41 PM
They took it on a guy that was so monumentally dumb and hated by every single breathing soul that plays tennis professionally that not even the ignorant ATP comitees could ignore and not ban to set him as an example of how things are actually on the roll as far as felonies in the sport are concerned. It was the perfect opportunity for them and they took it.

A player shouldn't be banned because other players dislike him. If he did something wrong, he should be punished, that's clear. However, for that to be fair, EVERY single culprit should be punished as well.

Of course it was the perfect opportunity for them to ban a guy who doesn't conform to the bland image tennis players have nowadays.

Dougie
05-31-2011, 07:42 PM

What makes you think anything is on the roll? That is exactly what the ATP must prove now, that this is not about Crazy Däni, but about anyone who fixes.

Sapeod
05-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Why is anyone upset? Koellerer was an ass and a moron to everyone. We should all be glad he's gone. He should've been dealt with a long time ago. Biggest prick that has ever played tennis.

Li Ching Yuen
I don't do knee-jerk reactions señor. Everyone should be treated equally, but the ATP don't do that and just for you to make sure you understand this. The ATP have made this decision with Koellerer, now anyone guilty of match fixing should be treated the same way irrespective.

Cool.

But since this news was released a few hours ago, at least give it a few months.

Just between us, I know that this is just a storm in a tea cup but I don't think I should be bitching about it when in fact it's a positive measure from the ATP.

I'll whine when I see the opposite of it happening, but in the end you'll actually never see me doing that since it gets me nowhere. I understand the invariables in this sport, for example Odesnik finding a way to get out of his mess as good as he could so it makes it much easier to grasp the whole phenomenon.

As a general consensus: things will stay the same, this won't change much but that does not bother me when I know that one of the cancers of the sports was just eradicated.

It's been a good day, no doubt.

TMJordan
The worst part is many other fixes have been even more blatant than Dani's.

I remember a few years ago a few of the Italians had their own betting accounts and nothing serious happened. (They were betting on other tennis matches, small money I believe)

Sapeod
05-31-2011, 07:47 PM
The worst part is many other fixes have been even more blatant than Dani's.

I remember a few years ago a few of the Italians had their own betting accounts and nothing serious happened. (They were betting on other tennis matches, small money I believe)
There are many other players that are needing banning too, but nobody can doubt that Koellerer deserved it. Just because others haven't (yet) been banned doesn't mean Koellerer shouldn't be. Biggest moron ever, glad he is gone :yeah:

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 07:48 PM
Why is anyone upset? Koellerer was an ass and a moron to everyone. We should all be glad he's gone. He should've been dealt with a long time ago. Biggest prick that has ever played tennis.

Jimmy Connors, Ion Tiriac and Ile Nastase were bigger pricks, just more talented.

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 07:49 PM
What makes you think anything is on the roll? That is exactly what the ATP must prove now, that this is not about Crazy Däni, but about anyone who fixes.

Well, for example, this will be big and will buy them time. You can't possibly blame them now for not working against the match fixing when they've just life-banned one guy for it.

They have the right for the "Work in progress" answer.

Like I said, this is a positive decision for pretty much everybody.
The ATP, the match fixers (other than Koellerer of course), the wide public and so on.

Getta
05-31-2011, 07:51 PM
so every single fixer from now on is gonna get a life ban.

good. :D

TMJordan
05-31-2011, 07:52 PM
Jimmy Connors, Ion Tiriac and Ile Nastase were bigger pricks, just more talented.

Yep. Dani may act a little crazy on the court and it makes the game entertaining but he's actually a nice guy off the court. People are stupid.

Li Ching Yuen

Neither of those was mentally unstable.

There's a difference between a Fognini and a Koellerer, one of them is a huge brat and the other a person that should be held in chains, heavily sedated.

Action Jackson
so every single fixer from now on is gonna get a life ban.

good. :D

Won't be enough for GS draws.

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Neither of those was mentally unstable.

There's a difference between a Fognini and a Koellerer, one of them is a huge brat and the other a person that should be held in chains, heavily sedated.

Koellerer, it was all antics he knew what he was doing. Blame his junior coach who said you have to create some drama, especially if you're losing and always have an excuse when you lose.

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 07:56 PM
Koellerer, it was all antics he knew what he was doing. Blame his junior coach who said you have to create some drama, especially if you're losing and always have an excuse when you lose.

I've seen a lot of lunatics in my life, believe me. That guy was a dangerous one.

TMJordan
05-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Koubek and Melzer must be happy.

Paul Banks
05-31-2011, 08:00 PM
The difference between Köllerer and other fixers is that Köllerer is an idiot who left a trail of evidence for his match fixing (or else he would have never been caught), while other players are intelligent enough to accept a brown envelope filled with cash without leaving any evidence.

He certainly deserves a life ban. Others deserve it too, but they didn't leave any evidence. That's the difference. It's really all there is to say.

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 08:02 PM
I've seen a lot of lunatics in my life, believe me. That guy was a dangerous one.

Koellerer's antics on court all an over the top act like a heel in wrestling to get in his opponents head. It's Materazzi like.

The petition has finally worked, there will be a lot of happy people at this news and even ones that got along with him, will be like just a matter of time.

Paul Banks
05-31-2011, 08:02 PM
Didn't Davydenko and a few others get a warning a little while back that they were on to them? It was obvious that they knew about the fixing...

I'm pretty sure they got a warning based on the irregular betting patterns, but this alone is not enough proof to formally accuse a player. All they can do is give warning that they're being watched, and that's what they did.

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 08:03 PM
Have you guys ever heard Chela speak?

By the 3rd sentence in English even, you get the sense that he is worlds more intelligent then someone like Koellerer could have ever been.

Mistaflava
05-31-2011, 08:03 PM
This is sick

I'm gonna puke

Just like in any other sport, the final decision is made based on reputation and history with breaking the rules. This clown has been fined and penalized many times in the past and all of that put together ultimately led to his lifetime ban. That's not the problem here. Other guys will get caught and they won't get lifetime bans because they are first time offenders. Dude it's the same in every pro sport.

The real problem here is the ATP going after a small fish in a huge sea of cheaters. Sure it's a start but the coverups for some of the bigger name players is a joke and all these scandals need to be exposed to their fullest extent. Like I said a few months ago, there is no actual proof of Mardy Fish match fixing but the betting patterns as well as his 'in-match' actions, were that of a cheater/fixer/tanker and some of the better players have become professionals at hiding it. It's a big problem man.

Anyways there is no solution right now and they will never catch all those guilty of tanking/cheating. It's way too easy to conceal a bad performance and you'll never be able to prove it, unlike doping. So for now tennis fans and tennis bettors have to accept this.

As for Koellerer. Is the ban appropriate? Absolutely. He was entertaining and all but he was a lifetime idiot with no intentions to make it somewhere in this game and he cheated. My opinion is that all cheaters, whether banned substance of match fixing, should be banned for life. Yes they picked on him and used him as the scapegoat but he brought that upon himself with his previous antics. That's why Dennis Rodman got 10 game suspensions while Kobe Bryant gets $100 000 fines for pretty much doing the same thing.

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 08:04 PM
The difference between Köllerer and other fixers is that Köllerer is an idiot who left a trail of evidence for his match fixing (or else he would have never been caught), while other players are intelligent enough to accept a brown envelope filled with cash without leaving any evidence.

He certainly deserves a life ban. Others deserve it too, but they didn't leave any evidence. That's the difference. It's really all there is to say.

Crazy Dani isn't exactly Mensa material.

rocketassist
05-31-2011, 08:04 PM
No heelism in the ATP = boring.

Helevorn
05-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Just like in any other sport, the final decision is made based on reputation and history with breaking the rules. This clown has been fined and penalized many times in the past and all of that put together ultimately led to his lifetime ban. That's not the problem here. Other guys will get caught and they won't get lifetime bans because they are first time offenders. Dude it's the same in every pro sport.

The real problem here is the ATP going after a small fish in a huge sea of cheaters. Sure it's a start but the coverups for some of the bigger name players is a joke and all these scandals need to be exposed to their fullest extent. Like I said a few months ago, there is no actual proof of Mardy Fish match fixing but the betting patterns as well as his 'in-match' actions, were that of a cheater/fixer/tanker and some of the better players have become professionals at hiding it. It's a big problem man.

Anyways there is no solution right now and they will never catch all those guilty of tanking/cheating. It's way too easy to conceal a bad performance and you'll never be able to prove it, unlike doping. So for now tennis fans and tennis bettors have to accept this.

As for Koellerer. Is the ban appropriate? Absolutely. He was entertaining and all but he was a lifetime idiot with no intentions to make it somewhere in this game and he cheated. My opinion is that all cheaters, whether banned substance of match fixing, should be banned for life. Yes they picked on him and used him as the scapegoat but he brought that upon himself with his previous antics. That's why Dennis Rodman got 10 game suspensions while Kobe Bryant gets $100 000 fines for pretty much doing the same thing.

Absolutely right.

Getta
05-31-2011, 08:08 PM
A lifetime ban? You really believe he deserved a lifetime ban for fixing a couple matches? So do you want Chela, Davydenko, Dolgo, Tipsarevic, Volandri, Tursunov, Llodra, Golubev, Hajek, Kukushkin, Gabasvilli and the all the others to be banned for life? I agree he should get punished but a life time ban? Come the fuck on.

Jordan, if a professional athlete gets caught fixing for second time, they should be banned for life.

Dougie
05-31-2011, 08:11 PM
Have you guys ever heard Chela speak?

By the 3rd sentence in English even, you get the sense that he is worlds more intelligent then someone like Koellerer could have ever been.

How is that relevant in any way? Does that make Chela less punishable fixer or something? Koellerer´s reputation is already working for ATP, this is exactly how the ATP would love to see this one going. Everybody hates Koellerer, so he is the perfect guy to give the ban to. He can´t fight it, no one else wants to fight for him.
Being a jerk or stupid is not a reason to get banned, otherwise half the world would be in jail.

SVK
05-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Classic MTF.

"Disgusting, players are fixing matches and the authorities do nothing about it."

A player receives a life ban for match fixing.

"Disgusting, they're clearly picking on Koellerer because he's an asshole. Who cares if he fixed matches? They should have done something about [player I don't like] first."

Never change, you lovable idiots.

Exactly, people are whining about fixing and then when a fixer recieve a ban, they will still find something bad about that...

TMJordan
05-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Jordan, if a professional athlete gets caught fixing for second time, they should be banned for life.

I disagree with a lifetime ban, maybe a year or two, it should really be done after the first fix to be a stern warning not to fix again.

But even doing this these other pricks will continue to fix and continue to get away with it.

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 08:13 PM
How is that relevant in any way? Does that make Chela less punishable fixer or something? Koellerer´s reputation is already working for ATP, this is exactly how the ATP would love to see this one going. Everybody hates Koellerer, so he is the perfect guy to give the ban to. He can´t fight it, no one else wants to fight for him.
Being a jerk or stupid is not a reason to get banned, otherwise half the world would be in jail.

Or message boards wouldn't exist. I mean think about the few guys that didn't have a problem with him, they won't speak up for him.

ossie
it was about time. good for the game

Li Ching Yuen
The thing with tennis is that it's an individual sport where margins are very slim between players that are potentially at the same level. What this means is, there's a thin line between illegal betting and tanking for example.

What happens is that the one validates the other. I'm not saying that some people don't give away matches and that all "upsets" are based on bad peformances, it's just that there are a lot of cover-ups and the only way to kind of get a clear shot at things is getting testimonies and catching the players, agents and so on red-handed.

It's very hard to accuse players based on betting patterns that are (most of the times) pretty interpretable.

Mistaflava
Koellerer should consider himself lucky he is not going to jail. Check Tim Donaghy the NBA ref who fixed the outcome of games. He is doing hard time as we speak. Safe to say a lifetime ban is lenient.

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 08:14 PM

No, I didn't imply that, it was a contributing factor that's all.

Tulipe
05-31-2011, 08:15 PM

Absolutely agree.

Maybe even for first. When you're caught cheating at an exam, you get fired from university right away and nobody gives you a second chance, why should that be different in sport? Same as if someone was arrested for a robbery just the second time they do it. Doesn't make much sense to me. When they get caught and there is a proof they did it, they should be punished right away. Rules are there for something, and that something is not trying to find a way to overcome them without getting caught.

abraxas21
05-31-2011, 08:16 PM

so you admit that they're taking out on him with the full weight of the laws basically because they dislike him?

at least you're being honest.

tennisfan856
05-31-2011, 08:17 PM
I wish I got a chance to watch him live. Anyone had that pleasure?

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 08:18 PM
so you admit that they're taking out on him with the full weight of the laws basically because they dislike him?

I admit that they're doing the right thing, yes. If they dislike him or not, that means fuck all, the law is the law, it doesn't care about feelings.

You obviously have some comprehension issues.

fouc
05-31-2011, 08:20 PM
It's great not to have him on the tour.

Quick question - who are those obvious, notable top 100 players who regularly fix matches, "everyone" knows that but somehow no one is reporting it?

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 08:21 PM
I wish I got a chance to watch him live. Anyone had that pleasure?

Many times, at times very quiet and others over the top. I will find old reports if you want.

Mistaflava
05-31-2011, 08:22 PM
It's great not to have in on the tour.

Quick question - who are those obvious, notable top 100 players who regularly fix matches, "everyone" knows that but somehow no one is reporting it?

Much harder to spot these players because their matches get so much betting attention and enough money comes in on the matches that patterns might not be so obvious.

fouc
05-31-2011, 08:27 PM
Much harder to spot these players because their matches get so much betting attention and enough money comes in on the matches that patterns might not be so obvious.

But everyone here is acting like if this is the most obvious thing ever, so who is it?

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 08:28 PM
But everyone here is acting like if this is the most obvious thing ever, so who is it?

This is mtf.

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 08:29 PM

Read through the thread, there have been about 8-10 players mentioned who are or were top 100.

Deivid23
05-31-2011, 08:34 PM
If this ends here (more than likely imo), it would mean fuck all. The best thing that could happen now would be if this tool Koellerer goes nuts and start naming names of other fixers, those would be really great news.

Action Jackson
05-31-2011, 08:36 PM
If this ends here (more than likely imo), it would mean fuck all. The best thing that could happen now would be if this tool Koellerer goes nuts and start naming names of other fixers, those would be really great news.

What does he have to lose now? Yes, I don't see the domino falling sadly.

abraxas21
05-31-2011, 08:36 PM
I admit that they're doing the right thing, yes. If they dislike him or not, that means fuck all

you said: They took it on a guy that was so monumentally dumb and hated by every single breathing soul that plays tennis professionally that not even the ignorant ATP comitees could ignore and not ban to set him as an example of how things are actually on the roll as far as felonies in the sport are concerned. It was the perfect opportunity for them and they took it.

so you basically said he's being made an example because he's disliked by many. now you say it means nothing. the contradiction is evident.

the law is the law, it doesn't care about feelings.

and it certainly shouldn't but what i ask about the law is that it is applied to everyone equally. when the guys in charge start to apply the full weight of their laws on the players they particuarly dislike then the equality is clearly violated and the process is unfair. that's what i've been saying all the time here. why is dani banned forever while guys like chela, fognini tursunov, etc. haven't even received a warning? it's ridiculous.

You obviously have some comprehension issues.

how deliciously ironic coming from you...

Snoo Foo
05-31-2011, 08:37 PM
Hijole i am freaking KNOCKED OUT by this shit, I cannot Flippin beleeeeeeeb it. Yes it's horrible, a shame, he will go straight to hell when he dies, etc., but when he played MacHado in USO was one of the funnest-ass times I ever had at a tennis match, and then all that INSANIDAD when he claimed that pablin shinned him in poland or whenever that was... dammit to hell.

Dear jesus please let him get drafted to play WTT for whatever my local team is, the one with J-Mac which is so wildly popular I can't even remember the effing name at this moment... I am just stricken. mama mia i hope he can afford odesnik's lawyer.

CooCooCachoo
05-31-2011, 08:39 PM
This is the perfect scapegoat that the ATP can use to set a precedent. He has been a basket case for ages and hardly anyone will be sad to see him go, but obviously other players dodged the bullet before him.

fouc
05-31-2011, 08:39 PM
The second thing I don't understand - why on earth would he be chosen a "runner", if he was so universally hated by everyone? The one to make a fixing offer must be fully trusted and reliable, it seems like Daniel Koellerer should be THE LAST person in the ATP to be offered such position.

Julio
05-31-2011, 08:40 PM
Do we have some info about how many euros Dani bet ? It would be funny. 10 euros ?

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 08:41 PM
The second thing I don't understand - why on earth would he be chosen a "runner", if he was so universally hated by everyone? The one to make a fixing offer must be fully trusted and reliable, it seems like Daniel Koellerer should be THE LAST person in the ATP to be offered such position.

Maybe he was offering connections, guarantees and so on.

It's a harsh world out there in the challengers, there are a lot of desperate players.

Mistaflava
05-31-2011, 08:42 PM

Tim Donaghy didn't do it when he got busted, I don't see Koellerer doing it either if he wants to live.

abraxas21
I need to put you on ignore.

Again, reading comprehension skills are very much in the gutter for you. Sadly.

well, i guess there is a lot of truth to the old idea that insults are the arguments of those who have no arguments...

put me on ignore if you wish... whatever makes you happy and comfortable there.

fouc
I'll go back into my betting logs when I get home and post the matches I caught or believe were tanked/fixed. You would have to go back and check betting patterns and watch the actual match to see for yourself.

If you are so convinced about that (and this applies to everyone here being so 100% about fixing and giving out the names) why won't you report it? Don't you feel like it's your responsibility and you're partially to blame for not taking any actions? (or you are just full of bullshit, as you said yourself few posts before)

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 08:44 PM
I'll go back into my betting logs when I get home and post the matches I caught or believe were tanked/fixed. You would have to go back and check betting patterns and watch the actual match to see for yourself.

I've watched a lot of his matches lately, so I could be able to tell you my thoughts on it.

Honestly I doubt it, In the past 20 months or so I've genuinely started to think of Fish as a guy that really gives it his best out there and has actually turned into a fighter.

He is way too at the top to be risking match fixing really.

I know that he's good friends with the top American guys and Del Potro from the tour so I don't know if he even had the entourage to do it.

Deivid23
05-31-2011, 08:45 PM

Can see it. Maybe he was the easiest to convince and surely the least expensive as well

abraxas21
05-31-2011, 08:47 PM
If you are so convinced about that (and this applies to everyone here being so 100% about fixing and giving out the names) why won't you report it? Don't you feel like it's your responsibility and you're partially to blame for not taking any actions? (or you are just full of bullshit, as you said yourself few posts before)

the ATP knows it as well. it's blatantly clear when a match is fixed (strange betting patterns, unlikely odds movements, real status of play on the court). just a few months ago i watched a match between chela and shwank in acapulco R1 (if i recall correctly), and here on MTF everyone knew the match had been fixed even before chela retired in the second set after losing a 5-1 lead. it was pathetically obvious.

the ATP knows it but they just ignore it and choose to take it out on the guys they dislike the most, like Dani.

must say however that i haven't been aware of any match fixing allegations about fish before

Deivid23
05-31-2011, 08:48 PM

:haha: wtf?

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 08:49 PM
well, i guess there is a lot of truth to the old idea that insults are the arguments of those who have no arguments...

put me on ignore if you wish... whatever makes you happy and comfortable there.

I've nothing against you but you're seriously misjudging everything, even others' posts based on emotions. Despite being 100% negative in everything I've said about the guy, I don't hate him or have some personal issues like bad bets or whatever else everybody gets fueled by in here.

You're reading between the lines of what I've been posting so far.

SVK
05-31-2011, 08:50 PM
the ATP knows it as well. it's blatantly clear when a match is fixed (strange betting patterns, unlikely odds movements, real status of play on the court). just a few months ago i watched a match between chela and shwank in acapulco R1 (if i recall correctly), and here on MTF everyone knew the match had been fixed even before chela retired in the second set after losing a 5-1 lead. it was pathetically obvious.

the ATP knows it but they just ignore it and choose to take it out on the guys they dislike the most, like Dani.

must say however, that i haven't been aware of any match fixing allegations about fish before, though.

They don´t ignore it IMO, but how will you prove that a player is fixing? Strange betting patterns are a sign of fixing but it´s not enough for punishing a player...

Mistaflava
05-31-2011, 08:50 PM

I can bullshit all day, all night, but like I said before, I never resort to blaming betting losses on fixing/tanking. Having said that, you want me to report this match? To who? For what? Does anyone care? Obviously not. Do I have proof? None. Neither does anybody. You cannot physically prove via in-match actions that someone is tanking or fixing. It has to be hard evidence in form of recorded phone calls, written evidence and all of that. Any other information or assumption (like mine) is not valid so they don't get caught. It sucks but it's the nature of the sport.

abraxas21
05-31-2011, 08:53 PM
I've nothing against you but you're seriously misjudging everything, even others' posts based on emotions. Despite being 100% negative in everything I've said about the guy, I don't hate him or have some personal issues like bad bets or whatever else everybody gets fueled by in here.

You're reading between the lines of what I've been posting so far.

how would you know what my emotions are? just because i use the words 'fuck', 'bullshit' and 'wankers', you think i'm emotional about it? :lol:

i haven't read between the lines, i'm quoting you and debating your contradictions based on your own words. and you're the only one in this discussion i've ever even challenged thus far so why would you say i'm misjudging others' posts? don't be a liar, son.

fouc
05-31-2011, 08:55 PM
:haha: wtf?

would you care to elaborate?

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 08:55 PM
how would you know what my emotions are? just because i use the world 'fuck' and 'wankers', you think i'm emotional about it? :lol:

i haven't read between the lines, i'm quoting you and debating your contradictions based on your own words. and you're the only one in this discussion i've ever even quoted so why would you say i'm misjudging others' posts? don't be a liar, son.

Others posts means other than your own. (eq: mine)

Anyway, let's give it a rest, you're probably tired or something.

Deivid23
05-31-2011, 08:58 PM
would you care to elaborate?

won´t bother, sorry :lol:

abraxas21
05-31-2011, 08:59 PM
Others posts means other than your own. (eq: mine)

Anyway, let's give it a rest, you're probably tired or something.

right :rolleyes:

others is in plural form. but i don't think you're that stupid to not know that; you're just being deliberately dishonest now.

Sapeod
05-31-2011, 08:59 PM
Maybe you should not speak if you don't know anything. Just a thought.
Koellerer was crazy. On court, he was mentally dangerous. Most of his matches were just him either shouting at the linesemen, the umpire or the crowd/ballkids or him smashing shit up.

Li Ching Yuen is right, Koellerer was mentally unstable on court. Perhaps he's a nice guy off court, but on court, there was nobody worse than him.

star
05-31-2011, 09:01 PM
Ridiculous stuff in this thread.

If he weren't a chosen one of the MTFPTB, he would excoriated.

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 09:02 PM
And this is what could make him such a great tanker/fixer...players are getting amazing at concealing these days.

You're sliding into conspiracy theory territory right now. heh

Post the matches that you think are dodgy when you can, that's all.

Snoo Foo
05-31-2011, 09:04 PM
can he still play bundesliga?

abraxas21
05-31-2011, 09:07 PM
They don´t ignore it IMO, but how will you prove that a player is fixing? Strange betting patterns are a sign of fixing but it´s not enough for punishing a player...

thats quite true but then again, if the ATP cared enough, they would at least investigate and ask the betting companies for consulting over what exactly happened and what persons were involved behind the bets. my guess is, that doesn't happen most of the times in which there're reasonable suspicions of fixing.

Henry Chinaski
05-31-2011, 09:09 PM
The reason Koellerer isn't appealing maybe that he has bigger things to worry about. Depending on Austrian law, there may be a criminal case to answer.

He might need to save his cash for that.

And if he were to beat the charge it would discredit the TIU's case, killing two birds...

Li Ching Yuen
05-31-2011, 09:10 PM
thats quite true but then again, if the ATP cared enough, they would at least investigate and ask the betting companies for consulting over what exactly happened and what persons were involved behind in the bets. my guess is, that doesn't happen most of the times in which they're suspicions of fixing.

my guess

my guess

my guess

;)

abraxas21
05-31-2011, 09:12 PM
and?

it is truly my guess as i don't have proof to back it up. you'd have a point if i ever tried to pass my guesses as facts.

marquez
05-31-2011, 09:14 PM
koellerer banned for match fixing while chela plays a gs sf :lol:

Snoo Foo
05-31-2011, 09:16 PM
member when he won rome challenger like 2 days after his ma died?

:awww:

:sobbing:

Snoo Foo
05-31-2011, 09:20 PM
:sad: memories... :sad:

UIYdC4TX_G8

marquez
05-31-2011, 09:21 PM
qf though, you never know with murray

Pea
05-31-2011, 09:22 PM
They wouldn't dare do this to a higher profiled player. Ugh.

dombrfc
05-31-2011, 09:22 PM
Good for the sport.

abraxas21
05-31-2011, 09:23 PM
qf though, you never know with murray

well, i think chela should lose to murray... we'll see :)

SVK
05-31-2011, 09:30 PM
thats quite true but then again, if the ATP cared enough, they would at least investigate and ask the betting companies for consulting over what exactly happened and what persons were involved behind the bets. my guess is, that doesn't happen most of the times in which there're reasonable suspicions of fixing.

Maybe even betting companies haven´t any idea what to do in many cases. I remember Tursunov - Pashanski match, Tursunov despite being set and break down was still a huge favourite in market, of course he won - so classic example, they investigated it and I believe the result was that there was nothing strange just a usual high bettor who is more losing than winning affected a market...LOLOLOLOLOL

Also you have some 0-2 experts, I believe most of them would say that I was injured and obviously many people knew about that...how will you prove that he threw it on purpose or not?

So ATP may ask betting companies, but do you think it will help? Maybe just when players will be as stupid as Koellerer...
Even with Davydenko - MVA they did nothing...

Jelena
05-31-2011, 09:30 PM
he wont be missed by me

this

Henry Chinaski
05-31-2011, 09:35 PM
"I was already in front of players asked if I voluntarily go to the police and make a statement. But I did not want to be the bogeyman in Austria as someone who is testifying against a fellow countryman."

Martin Slanar when Dani was reported to the police for racially abusing Julio Silva during a match

Obviously changed his mind now.

Bilbo
05-31-2011, 09:37 PM
surprising how many so called tennis fans side with koellerer. fact is he's a proven match fixer and he got banned for it. it was the only right decision. for me it isn't a debate if other players got banned or not and what kind of character someone has.

abraxas21
05-31-2011, 09:37 PM
Maybe even betting companies haven´t any idea what to do in many cases. I remember Tursunov - Pashanski match, Tursunov despite being set and break down was still a huge favourite in market, of course he won - so classic example, they investigated it and I believe the result was that there was nothing strange just a usual high bettor who is more losing than winning affected a market...LOLOLOLOLOL

Also you have some 0-2 experts, I believe most of them would say that I was injured and obviously many people knew about that...how will you prove that he threw it on purpose or not?

So ATP may ask betting companies, but do you think it will help? Maybe just when players will be as stupid as Koellerer...

i do agree it's hard to proove fixed matches but it does seem more efforts could be done. How often does the atp ask for the records of the suspicious matches to the betting companies? what steps do they take? i don't know but again i'd guess it does not happen very often because they don't want to give a bad reputation to the game.

i believe that the ATP cares more about its own reputation and therefore it's marketing than about fairness and equality. it does make sense from a commercial point of view. after all, if they were to investigate all cases of fixing and establish sound doping tests, more players would get caught and ultimately tennis' reputation would get tarnished diminishing the number of fans to the sport and thus reducing their income. it's not only easier but also more economically convenient to ignore most cases of cheating in order to maintain the relatively decent reputation tennis has to the average tennis fan.

Henry Chinaski
05-31-2011, 09:39 PM
September 2008: Köllerer called a Challenger in Trnava in Slovakia, the ball boys as "Chernobyl idiots". He buys the children as an excuse then sweets.

hahahahahahahah

Henry Chinaski
05-31-2011, 09:40 PM
i do agree it's hard to proove fixed matches but it does seem more efforts could be done. How often does the atp ask for the records of the suspicious matches to the betting companies? what steps do they take? i don't know but again i'd guess it does not happen very often because they don't want to give a bad reputation to the game.

I'm not sure about this. The Tennis Integrity Unit must cost a lot of money to keep in place. I guess they have to do some work to justify their existence and are in regular contact with bookies.

fouc
05-31-2011, 09:45 PM
How the fuck do you want me to physically prove he is fixing the match? I can only assume and speculate and it ends there. Anyone who uses the word 'troll' or 'trolling' on MTF deserves the lifetime ban for lack of originality. It's getting downright pathetic.

I know you can only speculate, I wanted to know how it's grunted. You ppl here were so sure with some statements that it made me post my question. By trolling I meant nothing worse then speculating. I was wondering if you have some other grounds. I can say that last year during one of the challenger in Poland I heard from my friend, who is a linesman, that there was some strange scoreline and behavior in one of the matches where one of the players was showing the marks that were in favor of the other. He was considering it was fixed too.

abraxas21
05-31-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure about this. The Tennis Integrity Unit must cost a lot of money to keep in place. I guess they have to do some work to justify their existence and are in regular contact with bookies.

maybe... or maybe not.

my guess is that it doesn't or if they discover something, they later choose wheather or not to expose it to the public. the ATP as a whole has a history for hiding stuff in the past and many times i've felt there is insufficient transparency in how they deal with things. remember the case of odesnik recently (no info was disclosed on his allegded colaboration that led to the decision to reduce his ban) and even in the current case of daniel now there seems to be little information disclosure to the fans as well.

then again, this is of course just my guess. i just would find it incredibly odd to believe that the ATP wants to catch and publicly expose cheaters when they have no economical incentives to do so and many incentives to cover them. in fact, like it happened with cyclism, the more cheaters you expose, the more the sport suffers and ultimately the less sponsors and money it receives.

Snowwy
05-31-2011, 09:48 PM
Koellerer should consider himself lucky he is not going to jail. Check Tim Donaghy the NBA ref who fixed the outcome of games. He is doing hard time as we speak. Safe to say a lifetime ban is lenient.

Tim's not in jail buddy. :)

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
05-31-2011, 09:52 PM
the russian mafia would probably "buss a cap in koyla's ass" if he didn't cheat

its not black and white

some players probably have huge pressure on them

its like marcelus wallace and butch from pulp fiction

no chance at greatness so they take some dollars to put their kids through college

no one really gets hurt except the bookies

you telling me thats worse than a lawyer who sucessfully defends a pedophile for ****** a child even though the lawyer knows he did it

no its not

our idea of right and wrong is fucked up

is match fixing wrong- yes

would i tank a match for a bet if i knew it could save a child who needed a kidney and couldn't afford it? yes i would

so lock me up ATP mafia

and throw away the key

Start da Game
05-31-2011, 10:03 PM
these lesser players take liberty in the fact that nobody gives a shit about them on a mass scale globally and they fix the matches.......

i honestly don't punish anyone this bad.......they are tennis players and they fixed tennis matches, we need to give them a chance to correct themselves.......life ban is something too big and unnecessary if you ask me.......

the ideal scenario would be to ban every culprit for 2 years including donkey if he's involved.......actually that would send a stronger signal that nobody would be spared......

it does not really matter to the thick heads in the top 50 of the sport whether you impose life bans or don't take any action at all on the lesser players.......

homogenius
05-31-2011, 10:04 PM
the russian mafia would probably "buss a cap in koyla's ass" if he didn't cheat

its not black and white

some players probably have huge pressure on them

its like marcelus wallace and butch from pulp fiction

no chance at greatness so they take some dollars to put their kids through college

no one really gets hurt except the bookies

you telling me thats worse than a lawyer who sucessfully defends a pedophile for ****** a child even though the lawyer knows he did it

no its not

our idea of right and wrong is fucked up

is match fixing wrong- yes

would i tank a match for a bet if i knew it could save a child who needed a kidney and couldn't afford it? yes i would

so lock me up ATP mafia

and throw away the key

some truth in this post
that being said : Köllerer is an asshole so good riddance

philosophicalarf
05-31-2011, 10:19 PM
i do agree it's hard to proove fixed matches but it does seem more efforts could be done. How often does the atp ask for the records of the suspicious matches to the betting companies?

They have agreements with betfair to share info whenever anything is "suspicious". In practice, that appears to mean where a player deliberately loses a first set, then an avalanche of money shows he's going to win. These guys are getting letters from the tennis authorities - nothing in itself, but they seem to be shaming them by deliberately leaking the names to journalists. Tipsarevic, Volandri, Tursunov and Dolgopolov are four of these - four names not surprising at all. Given the matches involved have also been specified, that pretty much says for sure their opponents were in it also (and the 4 opponents are also not surprising at all).

The bookies also have informal networking between themselves to warn each other - they can then reduce limits or withdraw markets earlier. I had a fun chat with a linesman a few weeks back, before a certain Italian played a certain match.......

KarlyM
05-31-2011, 11:00 PM
See ya, Crazy Dani. :bigwave:

The Tennis Integrity Unit is only skimming the surface here... :p

tennishero
05-31-2011, 11:04 PM
about time, really got tired of his pathetic antics

ExcaliburII
05-31-2011, 11:11 PM
http://www.sportismadeforbetting.com/2010/10/tennis-gets-crooked-again.html

Enough stuff Mr Li Yun Chen?

I took you to tennis school

FlameOn
05-31-2011, 11:42 PM
OMG. :haha::wavey:

chammer44
06-01-2011, 12:32 AM
Vfqp8QEsrds

delboy
06-01-2011, 12:38 AM
Vfqp8QEsrds

King Oscar :worship:

Snoo Foo
06-01-2011, 12:39 AM
...misty water-colored memories :sad:

QqrCuIB76gs

Snoo Foo
06-01-2011, 12:54 AM
...and who could forget how he stinkefingered one of mtf's belovedest...

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/danifing.png

:sobbing: :bigcry: :crying2:

delboy
06-01-2011, 01:18 AM
good this idiot is banned anyway.