WWW RG QF: Nadal vs. Soderling [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

WWW RG QF: Nadal vs. Soderling

Pages : 1 [2]

Foxy
05-31-2011, 02:57 PM
Why wouldn't he have a chance in hell? Only man to beat Nadal in RG. That gives you at least one chance in hell.

Nadal in yet another Final turns the red clay of Paris into the fiery pits of hell anyway. Only Soderling can save us from evil like that

Rafa was injured in that match. Doesn't count for sh!t.

Orka_n
05-31-2011, 02:59 PM
Rafa was injured in that match. Doesn't count for sh!t.Rafa played better in that match than he's done so far in this year's RG.

MaxPower
05-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Soderling was also injured when he beat him you know. He doesn't say that but I looked at the match and he ran a shorter distance in total than Nadal. That's why he lost the final to Fed. But who cares about 2009-2010.

Is Nadal injured now? Better say it before the match this time so MTF knows. People might have bought it the first time it was used to explain a loss. The next few times it worked too. Nowadays it's patethic. He can't even say anything about real injuries anymore because of all the fake injuries

Johnny Groove
05-31-2011, 04:14 PM
best of 5.

and its on clay.

and its roland garros.

he fights in the final.

one other thing: has he lost yet?

Actually yes he has lost. On clay. At Roland Garros. In Best of 5. To the same guy Soderling.

Pardon me if I don't think Rafa will shit on him in 3.

MalwareDie
05-31-2011, 04:35 PM
I hope that the wind is better tomorrow, or we are in for a very muggy spectacle.

MaxPower
05-31-2011, 04:41 PM
I hope that the wind is better tomorrow, or we are in for a very muggy spectacle.

Especially for the player with the crazy high balltoss that will go for winners. Clue: He is not from Spain.

MalwareDie
05-31-2011, 04:53 PM
With a Google search of "Paris, France weather forecast," most sites are predicting it to be quite windy.

CrossCourt13
05-31-2011, 06:05 PM
It goes both ways, I saw Rafa struggling with the wind quite a few times, struggling to find any length on his forehand side,...and I've seen guys like Soderling plenty of times to hit through it effortlessly like it's and indoor court.

Jomp1
05-31-2011, 06:22 PM
It goes both ways, I saw Rafa struggling with the wind quite a few times, struggling to find any length on his forehand side,...and I've seen guys like Soderling plenty of times to hit through it effortlessly like it's and indoor court.

He hits thru it at times, correct. Serve is pretty much a sure struggle though.

DrJules
05-31-2011, 07:21 PM
Easiest way to pick a winner is to toss a coin.

Picking Nadal to win 4-6, 6-4, 7-5, 6-4 with no confidence.

Nadal has the big match experience on his side and has won the title 5 times. Mentally still feel he is tougher than Soderling even in his current state, but feel it is marginal. Soderling has the advantage of having beaten Nadal at RG, but possibly the pressure of actually feeling himself it is 50-50 could be his downfall. In 2009 Soderling could enjoy the match with no expectations, but this time Soderling knows if he plays his current form and Nadal plays his current form then he has an equal chance of winning.

Nadal getting a lack of spin and bounce may be an advantage against the tall Soderling who enjoys the high bouncing balls. However, if Soderling can break down the Nadal backhand and drive Nadal behind the baseline with his power he could win this match. If Soderling was able to volley he would be able to really exploit Nadal's short balls and take control of the net, but he is far to inadequate as a volley exponent.

saniapower
05-31-2011, 07:50 PM
Federer vs. Soderling

DrJules
05-31-2011, 07:52 PM
If it is very windy Nadal will win.

High ball toss and long groundstrokes do not work in the wind.

Rafa#Uno:-)
05-31-2011, 08:49 PM
Lol. It has nothing to do with a girl.

It's the new balls. They're much harder than they used to be. Thus, they spin much less. It's harder for Rafa to control.

And Soderling has a good chance at beating Rafa if he plays well. Soderling is prone to going of the boil, like he did at the end of the Simone match.

No explain why Rafa plays so good at training he says himself he gets tight and nervous now in matches
a child can easy see that too.
Robin wins 3/1 the bet is 3.57 right now.:wavey:

Elaka Farmor
05-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Looking at things seriously.. Soderling doesn't have a chance in hell.

Nadal in 3, but man, it it would be nice if Soderling proved me wrong.

Sadly you may have right. I can´t believe that so many have voted in Sods favour (doesn´t matter that I´m a Swede myself)...:confused:

To think that Sod can take out Nadde TWICE in RG seems to be too good to bee true......:scared:

Time Violation
05-31-2011, 09:38 PM
To think that Sod can take out Nadde TWICE in RG seems to be too good to bee true......:scared:

If Isner can take two sets, surely Soderling shouldn't be waiving a white flag? What does he have to lose anyway? :)

Clay Death
05-31-2011, 10:31 PM
soderaling has ZERO chance tomorrow.

clay warrior is as superior to soderling as the living are to the dead.

nadal is healthy and that is more than enough. even playing at 65% capacity is more than enough for sod.

translation: no can do. it is not happening for soderling tomorrow.

sod will be forced to play high risk game and that cannot work.

@Sweet Cleopatra
05-31-2011, 10:44 PM
Rafa is going to win.

Vamos!

MaxPower
05-31-2011, 10:51 PM
No reason to doubt Soderking. He will play his game no matter what. The match is always on his racket. That is what you get for actually having a real offensive tennis game and not base your game on the opponents mistakes.

If Soderling finds his best level he wins in 3 or 4. If he doesn't he might lose. Does it matter much really? Is it the end of Soderling? No not really. Losing to the world nr1 won't be any shame at all. He got nothing to lose and if he goes out he will leave the tournament guns blazing.

Soderling won't cry, grimace and fake some injury and limp of court with his head bowed in shame and look like a hurt schoolkid on the press conference. I can however not promise he won't smash rackets, mock Nadal or even scream in anger. But that is also why viking warriors are better than clay warriors. Even when they lose.

In the end let us all just hope for a great game. So many matches so far has been disappointments. Let's hope for a real fight.

william_renshaw
05-31-2011, 10:53 PM
Difficult to know what conditions will favor who. Nadal prefers sunny hot conditions because he gets more spin on the ball, but such conditions help Soderling win more free points on his serve. nadal also seems to be struggling with timing at the moment, and wind won't help his game but will it hurt sod more?

Anyway, really looking forward to this one. I hope there is some needle between the two, a bit of controversy to spice things up. I can really see the crowd getting involved and getting behind the swede

A_Skywalker
05-31-2011, 10:56 PM
Viking warriors didn't know defeat. Soderling knows it very well... in 2 finals

No reason to doubt Soderking. He will play his game no matter what. The match is always on his racket. That is what you get for actually having a real offensive tennis game and not base your game on the opponents mistakes.

If Soderling finds his best level he wins in 3 or 4. If he doesn't he might lose. Does it matter much really? Is it the end of Soderling? No not really. Losing to the world nr1 won't be any shame at all. He got nothing to lose and if he goes out he will leave the tournament guns blazing.

Soderling won't cry, grimace and fake some injury and limp of court with his head bowed in shame and look like a hurt schoolkid on the press conference. I can however not promise he won't smash rackets, mock Nadal or even scream in anger. But that is also why viking warriors are better than clay warriors. Even when they lose.

In the end let us all just hope for a great game. So many matches so far has been disappointments. Let's hope for a real fight.

MaxPower
05-31-2011, 11:13 PM
Viking warriors get defeated. but as long as it's in honorable combat they get rewarded.

In fact I think many of clay warrior's fans are just fans because of him winning. Soderling taking out Nadal tomorrow would probably reduce Nadals fanbase with 20%-30% or so. They would understand that his slam winning days are over and then they want to jump on another wagon.

Soderling fans where never fans of him winning slams anyway. He has never won one so how would that work? It's swedish fans, fans of his style of aggressive power tennis, people that became fans after his great campaigns here in RG and so on. Not immature glory-hunters. Not that all rafa-fans are that, but a chunk of them are

hemanthjava
06-01-2011, 06:33 AM
Rafael Nadal vs Robin Soderling Live Stream - Watch French Open - Quarter Finals Online May 31. World No.1 and defending champion Rafael Nadal takes on a familiar face in Swede Robin Soderling to better his run at the 2011 French Open, season's second Grand Slam event being played here at Roland Garros in Paris, France.

http://www.sportsbun.com/watch-2011-french-open-live-stream-online-tennis/

Topspindoctor
06-01-2011, 06:39 AM
soderaling has ZERO chance tomorrow.

clay warrior is as superior to soderling as the living are to the dead.

nadal is healthy and that is more than enough. even playing at 65% capacity is more than enough for sod.

translation: no can do. it is not happening for soderling tomorrow.

sod will be forced to play high risk game and that cannot work.

Look, I think Nadal will win, but you're selling Soderling short here. In their last match, Nadal played much better than he is now and it was still hardly a blow out. Nadal was something like 4/8 on BP's and Soderling 0/7. Nadal was very clutch and served much better. He seems to be broken almost at will during this RG, makes more errors and gets tight on important points. So unless Nadal resurrects his 2010 form, this match could be made very unpleasant for him, considering Sod's serve and vastly superior ground to the previous big server he faced.

born_on_clay
06-01-2011, 06:54 AM
Rafa in 4

Start da Game
06-01-2011, 06:58 AM
soderling will beat himself in straight sets once he realizes in the first few games itself that there's no breaking the wall.......

careergrandslam
06-01-2011, 07:29 AM
soderling in 3

MalaMo
06-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Nadal in 4

saniapower
06-01-2011, 07:33 AM
It's not the final. That's why Soderling. Soda only loses in the finals of RG. Trend will continue.

SERBINATOR
06-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Soderling in 4

alpay
06-01-2011, 07:36 AM
I expect nadal to come through in straight sets. He's clutch, very well demonstrated in the game against ljubo. He has got a tendency to start slow so I'm predicting a similar scoreline to that against ljubo or better.

MaxPower
06-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Talking about clutch. Deciding sets (3rd/5th) over the last 52 weeks. Together with Novak Djokovic he has been very clutch in deciders for during the year as well. Novak is 9-0. Soderling is 9-1 (only loss was that AO 5-seter)

1. Jose Acasuso 1.000 - 1-0
2. David Nalbandian .800 - 2-0
3. Radek Stepanek .800 - 4-2
4. Robin Soderling .800 - 9-1
5. Gael Monfils .789 - 3-0
6. Mardy Fish .750 - 5-2
7. Novak Djokovic .733 - 9-0

So no Söderling is no Troicki. Nadal isn't either so likely gonna be an all out war if it goes to 4/5 sets

Hola Mr. SK
06-01-2011, 08:43 AM
already 19 pages?
MTF is hot these days...
No way Rafa loses this.

nalbyfan
06-01-2011, 11:37 AM
The Toad in 3 (hopefully)

Roadmap
06-01-2011, 12:27 PM
I hope the tennis player (Soderling) wins.

cajuntennis
06-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Nadal rolls pretty easily

MaxPower
06-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Less than an hour to the match! Got a feeling this could be the best match of the tournament so far. If Nadal steps up

Jaz
06-01-2011, 12:45 PM
I think Nadal will win this... Seriously.

Clay Death
06-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Look, I think Nadal will win, but you're selling Soderling short here. In their last match, Nadal played much better than he is now and it was still hardly a blow out. Nadal was something like 4/8 on BP's and Soderling 0/7. Nadal was very clutch and served much better. He seems to be broken almost at will during this RG, makes more errors and gets tight on important points. So unless Nadal resurrects his 2010 form, this match could be made very unpleasant for him, considering Sod's serve and vastly superior ground to the previous big server he faced.

clay warrior has additional gears and deep mental reserves.

its also a matter of major testicular fortitude.

expect the clay warrior to step it up about 4% which is about all he needs to dispatch the swedish lumberjack.

Certinfy
06-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Less than an hour to the match! Got a feeling this could be the best match of the tournament so far. If Nadal steps up
Watch Azarenka take this set and then play an epic third set lasting over an hour :lol: Don't really mind who wins that match now though.

Sophocles
06-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Rafaella's gonna have a long walk home this evening.

careergrandslam
06-01-2011, 01:34 PM
i heard rafa has booked his plane ticket to mallorca for 10:30pm paris time today.

so he is expecting to lose this.

solowyn
06-01-2011, 01:36 PM
i heard rafa has booked his plane ticket to mallorca for 10:30pm paris time today.

so he is expecting to lose this.
:lol:

Commander Data
06-01-2011, 01:57 PM
2009 reloaded. Nuff said.

saniapower
06-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Nadal finished off today.

Fedexpress#11
06-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Rafa doing better than I expected

saniapower
06-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Its Federer vs Nadal for the title.

abraxas21
06-01-2011, 05:09 PM
this poll shows the true level of tennis knowledge of MTF

Clay Death
06-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Rafaella's gonna have a long walk home this evening.

you just dont listen, do you?

what did i say yesterday?

i said that soderling has ZERO chance.

looks like its you who needs to take a long walk old sport. you know, just to clear your head.

peribsen
06-01-2011, 05:56 PM

Very true. People write following their guts, not their heads.

mystic ice cube
06-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Very true. People write following their guts, not their heads.
Wrong - people write with their heads (at least for the most part). I voted Soderling in 4 because of Nadal's iffy form. You people need to stop acting like 10 year old's with the 'I told you so' attitude when all anyone can do is make a prediction based on what was there to see before the match began. Who was to know Soderling would play awful? Who was to know Nadal would come good? etc.

Nah, I'm just kidding, gold stars for everyone!

Corey Feldman
06-01-2011, 06:14 PM

Very true. People write following their guts, not their heads.if Nadal was asked 2 days ago his chances he would have picked Soderling in 3

he would have told them that Ken Rosewall would beat him in 3 the way he is playing right now

Mountaindewslave
06-01-2011, 07:15 PM
god it's nice looking back at a thread like this at the dopes who argue with me and others that Nadal's form is so bad and Soderling's is so good in this tournament!! hahahhaha, 3 just as expected, it really makes me wonder if people actually watch the matches or not, Soderling did not look better than Nadal at all in the previous rounds, and what do you know, Menstennisforums once again all bandwagon and the majority vote for a Nadal upset and are wrong!!! scary feeling that the majority of people on this site say things without actaully watching any tennis

Everko
06-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Did you Soderling tards all have a big drinking party yesterday and decide to post on MTF at same time?

Elaka Farmor
06-01-2011, 08:13 PM
god it's nice looking back at a thread like this at the dopes who argue with me and others that Nadal's form is so bad and Soderling's is so good in this tournament!! hahahhaha, 3 just as expected, it really makes me wonder if people actually watch the matches or not,

I agree. They who voted on Sod....I have no idea how they have analyzed the match in their heads.

abraxas21
06-01-2011, 08:22 PM
if Nadal was asked 2 days ago his chances he would have picked Soderling in 3

he would have told them that Ken Rosewall would beat him in 3 the way he is playing right now

surely he'd have. nadal is never the favourite according to him and he likes putting the pressure onto his rivals

Mountaindewslave
06-01-2011, 08:46 PM
I agree. They who voted on Sod....I have no idea how they have analyzed the match in their heads.

for sure they didn't watch the matches leading up to the quarterfinals all that wellllllllllllll