Whose under more pressure to win RG [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Whose under more pressure to win RG

tennis2tennis
05-28-2011, 10:52 PM
sorry if this has been done but what's your view?

LawrenceOfTennis
05-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Nadal.

Mental Giant
05-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Nadal he should have never lost US

tennis2tennis
05-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Nadal.

wouldn't the fact the he won it multiple times mean the reverse?

LawrenceOfTennis
05-28-2011, 11:03 PM
wouldn't the fact the he won it multiple times mean the reverse?

That's the reason. Plus he has to show the world that he's able to beat Djokovic on clay. I think it's big enough for pressure. Djokovic's pressure is only on his streak I think. Of course now he's officially one of the favorites but he surely has much less pressure on.

vn01
05-28-2011, 11:04 PM
nadal. he is still the king of clay and is a favourite for every tournament he enters, though particularly for this roland garros nole's chances to win seem bigger. djokovic has nothing to lose

MIMIC
05-28-2011, 11:05 PM
The guy at the end of all of the French Open TV promotional spots.

Certinfy
05-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Since Djokovic beat Del Potro today I would have to say him.

tennis2tennis
05-28-2011, 11:09 PM
nadal. he is still the king of clay and is a favourite for every tournament he enters, though particularly for this roland garros nole's chances to win seem bigger. djokovic has nothing to lose

but don't you think if nole's streak is disturbed he can end up in a bit of a flunk? That he has achieved less than Rafa and Roger at this stage of career that he needs this streak to continue? Rafa has gone through stages of poor form and injuries and came back quickly whereas Nole needs time to pick up momentum?

LawrenceOfTennis
05-28-2011, 11:12 PM
but don't you think if nole's streak is disturbed he can end up in a bit of a flunk? That he has achieved less than Rafa and Roger at this stage of career that he needs this streak to continue? Rafa has gone through stages of poor form and injuries and came back quickly whereas Nole needs several months to pick up momentum?

Not at all. Djokovic knows that he won't ever win 9 slams. It's not because he's not that good as Rafa was last year, but because Nadal won everything at an incredibly young age. Federer was more prolific than anybody else on slam level. So this side of pressure isn't on him. He knows it, he is smart enough.

coonster14
05-28-2011, 11:38 PM
Pressure is all on Rafa, 6 FO titles would put him on equal level with Borg's record, if he doesn't win the French Open this year, it could turn out to be a slamless year for him, since historically, his success on clay translates onto the green grass at Wimbledon. Also, he is still widely considered the 'King of Clay', despite Nole straight-setting him in Madrid and Rome, and winning the last 4 finals in a row against him.

Nole only has the pressure of his winning streak, which pales in copmparison to Rafa trying to equal Borg's feat of 6 FO titles, should it be a Rafa vs. Nole FO final, Nole would be happy knowing he has gained points from last year where he lost in the QF, I think he just needs to reach the final to get to #1 (need someone to confirm this), another win over Rafa would just add to another impressive victory in what has been an incredible winning streak he has built up for himself.

And there you have it, just donating my $0.02